You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Geordie" started this thread

Reg: May 12th 2007

Wednesday, December 15th 2010, 5:50pm

Average gestation period for Twins?

Hello

As I've now entered the 3rd Trimester (Yikes) and twins tend to make an early appearence, I was just wondering at how many weeks gestation have other twin mums given birth. I know I've only got a max of 10wks left regardless but I'm starting to panic a bit now that time is moving so quickly especially with Christmas and the New Year is going to be here sooner than we realise. Is everyone else organised? We're only just sorting the nursery out now and think I need to get a move on. Geez its all starting to feel so real!

IUI-Mar07 / IVF-Jul07 / FET-Jan08 / IVF-May09 - ALL BFN
IVF-Jun10 - :BFP:

Blue

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Wednesday, December 15th 2010, 5:52pm

Hi Geordie,
What a fantastic time you have ahead of you!
I think I was told "not to travel too far" when I was around 32 weeks, but ended up having a planned section at 38 weeks.
Have you seen the poll here:
A poll for mamas of twinnies!
Most folks delivered later on :smile:
B
x

My Diary
10 years, 5 cycles, and 3 beautiful children.
My family is complete :heart: :heart: :heart:

Wednesday, December 15th 2010, 6:06pm

Thanks Blue, knew I had seen a poll somewhere but couldn't find it. Really interesting results . The nerves and excitement are now kicking in. I've spent months wanting my bump to grow and now I think yikes they have to come out somehow ... Ha Ha!!!!! I know all women go through it but the nerves are starting to kick in now whoops3

Blue

United Kingdom

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Wednesday, December 15th 2010, 6:14pm

Nerves and excitement, its all entirely natural.
Enjoy a quiet and sedentary Christmas, because your next Christmas will be an extremely lively one!
My twins are almost 11 months old now, I have no idea where the time has gone, it has flown by. But each day is better than the one before, I love them sooo much! And lucky you have this all to come.
Much love,
Blue
xxx

My Diary

Duffymoon

Megastar

Reg: Jun 11th 2007

Children: Boy/girl twins born 2010

Wednesday, December 15th 2010, 11:27pm

We're only just sorting the nursery out now and think I need to get a move on

Ermmm yep! :snigger:

You've still got weeks ahead of you I'm sure but don't forget the bump is going to grow and grow so do try and get what needs to be done sooner rather than later. Once you hit 30 weeks time really will fly and then it will drag a bit towards the end but you won't want to do anythign other than get your feet up!

you must be due about the same time as i was (march 23?) - it's a lovely time of year to have babies :D

Good luck for the rest of your pregnancy, keep the balance of play/rest pretty even and xfingers you'll make it to term.

xx

4 x ICSI BFN
5th time :BFP:
:boy: :girl:

Australia

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: Boy/Girl Twins - Feel blessed everday...

Thursday, December 16th 2010, 12:06am

Hi there!

Haven't had my little bundles of joy yet but sitting here with my legs tightly shut until my DH gets home on boxing day. Was just discharged from hospital with a short cervix (now 12mm), had steroids for the babies lungs etc. On bed rest. Luckily I have everything organised. Last week I was walking round "normal" just like you. Sometimes you can't plan these things.

Is your bag packed? If not, pack it today hon!! I used mine at 26 and 32 weeks. And I agree with what others have said, you will be too tired to go out shopping later on. Or hey, you could feel great at 37 weeks! Who knows?

Wishing you all the best. I hit 26 weeks and the worry set in more than in the earlier weeks, eg 12 weeks etc. I think its natural to worry at this time. I'm sure all will be just fine. xxxxxx
Rachel blowkiss

#1 ICSI Sept 09 - Chem preg
#2 ICSI Nov 09 - Chem preg
#3 ICSI May 10 - BFP: Twins!!! :girl: :boy:

mea

Ace

Reg: Dec 8th 2008

Children: little boy from our first ICSI

Thursday, December 16th 2010, 11:58am

Hi

I am about a week behind you and have just about got the nursery finished, like someone posted earlier i thought i would try and get everything done before my bump gets too big!!! Saying that it already feels massive cant tie my own shoe laces any more!!! We have brought just about everything now just a couple of odds and ends left which i am hoping to do this weekend. I was told by my consultant to have my hospital bag packed from 28 weeks he said fingers crossed we wont need it but just in case!! Its all getting so real and scary now.

Are you hoping to have your naturally??

[/table][/col]

Thursday, December 16th 2010, 1:36pm

Uh Oh, had better get a move on :wacko: I've had severe SPD from 17wks and its been really difficult for me to do anything. I spend most of my time going between appointments as I have weekly Hydrotherapy with the physios at my hospital and initially twice weekly now weekly sessions with my Chiropractor. I've been in a constant state of pain and decreased mobility for the past 11wks so it has been difficult to motivate myself especially seen as I'm on my tod and my family is up North. Thankfully I have had the wonders of the internet but that can't cover everything. I have been spasm free for 2 weeks but had my latest scan today and the baby boy who was head down is now breach along with the girl so I think thats took the pressure off my pelvis a bit so I should get a move on while I'm getting a bit relief and they turn again.

Bag??? Yikes, I haven't even looked in to whats supposed to go in it. I only just asked the consultant today what do I do and who do I phone if anything happens, nobody has bothered to discuss this with me. I've had 5 midwife appts and 5 different midwifes. Don't get me wrong they've all been lovely but the flow of info is somewhat lacking. Wish you could all pop over for a cuppa and fill me in (not literally :snigger: ) and sort me out! Thankfully hubby finished for christmas next wednesday so hopefully I'll get a bit more seen too! :happy:

Thursday, December 16th 2010, 1:40pm

Oh they've said a natural birth even with my SPD and I would prefer a natural birth but will just go with whatever scenario presents itself, seems the majority tends to sway towards C-Section.

Australia

Thursday, December 16th 2010, 10:03pm

Make a list for your bag, and the babies bag. My bag was just the usual, toiletries, underwear, PJ's, maternity pads, nursing (breast) pads, camera, music, etc. I'm sure the girls have a list in the multiple section. I'll have a look for you. Its just easier for DH to grab the bag and go! The lady in the bed next door to me in hosp started contracting out of the blue at 31+5. Best to be prepared hon, then hope you don't need it!! I'll have a look for that link. xxxx
Rachel blowkiss

Mr C

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 30th 2008

Children: Blessed with NonId Twin Girls!

Thursday, December 16th 2010, 10:22pm

Well Mrs C is 37weeks and still cooking.
Although we are booked in for elective CSection on Tuesday though! :faint:

Australia

Thursday, December 16th 2010, 11:23pm

Hospital Bag for Twins...

Here's one link that I've found. Mr C, it must be hard for you being away. My DH has been away 3 weeks now and is back boxing day. Oh, and I plan on making it to my booked c-section at 37-38 weeks!!! Let fun and games begin! xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rachel blowkiss

Blue

United Kingdom

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Thursday, December 16th 2010, 11:31pm

For all you lovely pregnant twin mamas, could you vote in the poll after your bundles of joy arrive?
(No hurry though, you might be a little bit busy :-)
Thank you!!!!!!!

B
x

My Diary

Australia

Thursday, December 16th 2010, 11:41pm

Of course! Love that poll you did! :clap
Rachel blowkiss

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 22nd 2008

Children: 2 Beautiful Babies. One of Each!

Friday, December 17th 2010, 7:03pm

Hello
My bags were packed by 26 weeks, I had also left on top of it a list for df to do once i had gone in ie phone charger, change etc etc.
I had my 2 at 29 weeks but of course i did not need the baby bag, but i did need my bag constantly between 24 and 29 weeks as i was in and out of hospital, this was only due to pre ecclampsia, not standard for twins.
The hospital told me 36 weeks is classed as full term for twins.
I have not posted to worry you, just like the other ladies said, best to pack your bag hun asap!!! Before you get too big and if you leave it to a man who knows what kind of knickers etc you would end up with in your bag lol xx
Good Luck and enjoy the next few weeks xx
bab15 bab16 Sa-Leanne xx

Ros

Megastar

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: twin girls thanks to PGD!

Friday, December 17th 2010, 7:59pm

Hi Geordie, I didn't order my buggy/cots/baby things until 30 weeks so don't worry too much. I know twins can come early so it would be wise for you to get on with it now though, and as the other ladies say, before you get too big to feel like doing it all! We didn't put up any cots until two days before I went in for my planned c section at 36 weeks as we were too scared. We also didn't take the steriliser etc out of the box until the babies were born but it did mean that DH was super busy whilst I was in hospital - so I would advise getting that set-up so when you get home with your babies you aren't in a fix.
In hospital I was mostly grateful for little cartons of ribena and chocolate milk - I was just so thirsty the whole time as it was so hot in there (they have to keep it that way for the babies!) - so you may want to take some of those with you in your bag!
Good luck, such an exciting time, I'd go through it all again like a shot :)

Good luck to all you other twin Mum's-to-be too. It is a truly awesome experience x

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,
beautiful twin girls born 8th Feb 2010, we are so grateful

elaine43

Reg: Aug 10th 2010

Friday, December 17th 2010, 8:20pm

Hi Geordie,
Im a midwife, and begged the team to bring me in at 37+ weeks with my girls. So you could have a good few weeks left yet. You will still be able to have a natural birth with your SPD, unless a physio deems it impossible to 'assume the position'...............dont worry, just go with the flow hun, you will be fine.

El............xxxxx

Saturday, December 18th 2010, 9:10pm

Thanks Ladies, hubby breaks up for Christmas on Wednesday so will make a start. I have made a list atleast so I've been a bit productive. Cots are up but waiting for mattresses to be delivered and moses baskets are on order and due delivery anytime but need sheets and blankets. Need to get out for other essentials but shopping is hardly an enjoyable experience with all the added christmas shoppers about, its manic. I had my 28wk scan on Thur and both babies are breach but plenty time for them to move. Thanks for all your advice as it really has given me a kick up the bum and the motivation to start getting more organised.

Mr C, best of luck to you and Mrs C for Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!! xx

Thanks for the hospital Bag link Rachel!

:xxx3:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Geordie" (Dec 18th 2010, 9:11pm)