You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "BraveGirl" started this thread

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Monday, December 6th 2010, 8:49am

Incontinence issues already? please help

Hi

I am 22 weeks plus 5 today.

I am a bit worried as yesterday when I went to the loo, i saw a bit of wet in my knickers, On closer observation it was a spot of wee (sorry if TMI). I am now worried I am going to be incontinent. I know I need to do pelvic floor exercises (and I hope I am doing them correctly) so am trying to do them when I am in the car on my 2 hour commute.

The problem is that BB always makes me feel like a wee when I am standing. Like ALL THE TIME. Its not a urine infection I am sure though as i have no pain etc. It is the way he is lying I think as he seems to love head down, Has anyone else has this? what can I do?

thanks BG x
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Monday, December 6th 2010, 8:55am

Hiya BG, even without any pain it's worth getting your urine tested for an infection. also to reassur eyou, whilst you are pregnant you are producing a hormone called relaxin which softens up your joints in preparation for labour. It also has an effect on muscles too so it can slacken the pelvic floor a bit, mine certainly was. After the birth it can feel a bit as if everythign is dropping out when you stand up but keep at it with the exercises and it soon gets back to somewhere near normal (although never quite the same!). There's a thread somewhere about pelvic floor exercises, I'll try and find it for you at some point.

BraveGirl

Superstar

Monday, December 6th 2010, 12:25pm

thanks hon, will do pelvic floor with a bit more committment now!
My Diary

deedee1

Reg: May 23rd 2008

Children: 1 beautiful daughter

Monday, December 6th 2010, 1:28pm

Hi BG,

I too have definitely elt less control down there, and as the time as gone on, less and less, especially when I sneeze or cough. Like Bravebaby, Deelet is well and truly head down and I think she likes to have a little bounce on my bladder. When that happens I leak a wee bit (no pun intended!!).

I've tested my pelvic floor muscles by stopping mid stream when I pee in the toilet and am able to so I'm not too concerned. Also UTI has been ruled out whenever I visit my gyne/midwife.

I wouldn't be too concerned, but like the others say, it might be no harm to get tested, just to rule out a UTI.

And thanks for reminding me to do my exercises!! Keep forgetting about them.

BraveGirl

Superstar

Monday, December 6th 2010, 5:35pm

wee update

well thanks to Mrs I and others on here I rang the doctor who amazingly got me in 10 minutes later!

He did the dip test thingy and I have some blood in my urine, He said as my temp is ok and i dont feel ill they will not give me anything today but will get the full results thursday and then if its an infection they will be able to treat me with the right antibiotics. If I feel ill in the interim, then to call and they will give me a broad spectrum antibiotic.

In the meantime lots of water and cranberry juice for me, I could be fighting it off on my own of course.

So an even more sleepless night or me I guess :cross: :cross:
My Diary

United Kingdom

Reg: May 13th 2009

Children: One gorgeous little boy called Daniel

Sunday, January 9th 2011, 12:08am

Hi Bravegirl

Was just perusing the different forums and came across this thread....all might be ok now if you did have an infection but just in case its not, I thought I would share my experience. I was the same as you from around 20+ weeks I started to have mild incontinence which got slightly worse towards the end but never enough to be a real problem although a serious concern in case it didn't remedy itself after I had the baby.

Straight after the birth, things were no better & I was starting to worry but within around 16 weeks it seemed to resolve itself.

Hope that helps x

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests