You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Fay

Ace

• "Fay" started this thread

Reg: Jul 9th 2010

Children: None but desperate for 2

Wednesday, October 13th 2010, 5:04pm

Feeling really tired

Hi

I was wondering if anyone else is feeling really tired? Tomorrow I will be 7W. I have been feeling very tired over the last 2 weeks and although I sleep loads (9-10 hours) I still wake up tired and by the end of the work day I just want to go to bed. DH has been really wonderful and has been bringing me my dinner in front of the telly everynight. I have been eating healthy although I don't have much of an appetite in the mornings and evenings. Is it normal to be this tired? Will it last all the way through pregnancy? Should I be eating something to boost energy levels? I was thinking of taking Berocca but I am not sure if its good for the baby.
Fay
:jilly:
babydust
ICSI Sep 10 -BFP Miscarriage at 8 weeks :tears:
ICSI Feb11- BFN

Jessica

Superstar

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 4th 2008

Children: One little boy, thanks to IVF

Wednesday, October 13th 2010, 5:12pm

Fay, it's completely normal, don't worry!

What is starting to happen now is the placenta is developing and growing. In effect what you are doing is growing a new organ inside you - and that takes a LOT of energy! My cousin told me it takes as much energy to grow a placenta as it does to climb Mt Everest. I have to say I'm not sure I believe her, but I think there's no doubting that it uses a lot of energy so you will be tired I'm afraid and all you can do is sleep and rest as much as you can.

It will get better! Things tend to pick up at the end of the first tri, or as you move into the second. And guess what, funnily enough that's when the placenta is fully formed.

Just hang on in there, and make sure your DH keeps looking after you - sounds like he is doing a good job so far.
Kitty
xx

IVF Nov-08 - BFP. DS born July 2009
FET Oct-10 - BFN
IVF Sep-11 - BFN

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Wednesday, October 13th 2010, 5:17pm

We call them 'the valium weeks' because it feels just like someone slipped you a sleeping tablet and fight as you may, you're going to sleep.

As Jessica says, it passes :)

Fay

Ace

• "Fay" started this thread

Reg: Jul 9th 2010

Children: None but desperate for 2

Wednesday, October 13th 2010, 5:48pm

Thanks guys. I was starting to feel like I am just being ultra lazy
Fay
:jilly:
babydust
ICSI Sep 10 -BFP Miscarriage at 8 weeks :tears:
ICSI Feb11- BFN

Amis

Reg: Sep 26th 2010

Friday, October 29th 2010, 6:50pm

Hi fay I have been feeling just like that, I'm so glad to hear its normal, I was starting to worry as I'm only 5 weeks and already feel I could sleep for a month!! Hope everything is going well for you xx

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Friday, October 29th 2010, 7:51pm

its totally normal and should ease around 12 weeks, I am still shattered though! lol
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 1st 2010

Children: 1st ICSI - Perfect baby boy born 2011, 2nd ICSI - BFN

Friday, October 29th 2010, 8:42pm

I'm feeling the same Faye, I think i've only managed to keep my eyes open of a night a couple of times. I usually fall asleep between 9 & 10 and dh leaves me there till his ready for bed then tries to wake me up without me getting too grumpy!! :)

I thought it was normal so have just gone with it!!