You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Midlander" started this thread

Reg: Sep 30th 2010

Thursday, September 30th 2010, 1:23pm

News Support group West Midlands

Hi all, I'm new here so just on to say hello and introduce myself and let you know about a new support group. My name's Rachel and me and dp live in the West mids, we have two girls and know very few lgbt peeps with kids/wanting a family.

I am facilitating a new group and we are just starting out, the aim of the group is to provide support to LGBT women and men who are thinking of becoming a family, have children or are living as a family. The group will give peer support to the adults but also an opportunity for children to meet other children in families which may reflect their own, and if the group gets strong enough new little ones will be able to grow up with friends who have also got two mums/dads and that would be great. Initially the meetings which are being held at Summit House Support, Martin Hill Street, Dudley will be on the last Wednesday of each month from 6-7.30pm.

We want to allow people social peer support time and also be able to deliver structured activites from time to time such as workshops for parents/parents to be/ttc/thinking about ttc on various issues and once that side is set up we will look at days out for families etc.

If you or anyone you know are interested please message me :)

marylu

Saturday, October 2nd 2010, 6:35am

Hi there, this sounds brilliant and we would be interested in coming...except it's a bit too far away for us to get to (babies bed time around 7pm and we'd have to set off to get back to the east mids). Let us know if you have any days out planned for nearer our neck of the woods though, we would love to come along please.

May 4th & 5th 2009: 3rd Double IUI - :BFP: woohoo
05/06/09: 6 week scan showed TWINS, 2 little [zx076][zx076]

13/01/10: Two perfect little boys born weighing 4lb 9oz and 5lb 7oz

Reg: May 31st 2010

Sunday, October 3rd 2010, 7:55pm

Hi Midlaner,

Just sent you response by P/M - that sounds great- I will be there.. but may be more like 6.15 - 6.30pm. Look forward to it,

Cheers,

Kate x
:cheeers: Katey :xxx3:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE