You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

hjp

• "hjp" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Monday, September 13th 2010, 8:16pm

Feeling Down

Hi All,

Is it normal to feel a little down after a BFP. I almost feel embarrassed to say it as we have all wanted a BFP so very much. Now I have it I thought I would be happy but I just keep worrying about the scan....

I feel quite sad you know.....I keep crying.....not sure why. Could it be the Progesterone?
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

Reg: Apr 4th 2009

Monday, September 13th 2010, 8:22pm

Hi HJP, so sorry you're feeling down. I read somewhere that a common cause of feeling low during pregnancy is fertility treatment. Remember you've been through so much to get here (and your body has been through so much!): it's not surprising that it can be hard even when you get the longed for BFP! I'd have a word with your midwife or GP if you continue to feel low. And I think the progesterone and oestrogen can cause mood swings. Don't be too hard on yourself :wave: ! Lots of love, Cathy xxx
Cathy

hjp

• "hjp" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Monday, September 13th 2010, 8:34pm

Hi there and thank you for you message which made me feel a little better instantly.

I don't want to feel like this.....I think a lot of it is down to the worry of whether I am still pregnant or whether something bad has happened.....no doubt once I have the 7 week scan done I will worry until the 12th.....then I might start feeling a little better! I am only 4 + 5 and the first scan has been booked for 29 September which seems such a long time to wait. I was thinking about getting another HcG test done to see if the numbers have risen but since I already did a digital which confirmed I was another week along, I guess that must mean the numbers are increasing?

I wish it was easier! I love my baby already x
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

Caz

Ace

Reg: Aug 17th 2008

Children: 2 perfect boys, Thomas & James

Tuesday, September 14th 2010, 10:25am

I think it's natural, you are on the emotional rollercoaster of your life!! Up, down, up, down - you poor thing. I blub all the time at the moment. It's really hard to dare to believe everything you've hoped for is going to finally come true. I'm pretty sure your scan will be emotional for you too so take a few tissues, I certainly needed them. And don't forget all the healing properties found in chocolate!! :chocs:
IVF/ICSI Aug 08 :BFP: - Thomas born 26/04/09 baby2
FET Aug 10 :BFP: - James born 18/04/11 baby7

Reg: Apr 4th 2009

Tuesday, September 14th 2010, 11:31am

Hi HJP, It will be good when you've had your first scan. My midwife said to me to try not to worry about all the potential problems: I'm pregnant and I should enjoy it :cuddle . Can be easier said than done though. And the crying can be a sign of all those pregnancy hormones swirling around - so it's probably a good thing, in a weird kind of way. I liked Caz's tip about the chocolate! :D

Cathy xxx
Cathy

Reg: Apr 5th 2009

Children: Blessed with a beautiful little boy

Tuesday, September 14th 2010, 1:39pm

Oh bless you, dont worry too much its perfectly normal, its been a hard slog getting here and you've got all those hormones running round your system and you havent actually seen your baby yet so its hard to believe its really true. I remember in my early pregnancy coming home from shopping with my dp, we were having a bit of a joke and messing around and I was laughing so hard I was practically hysterical, the next thing I know i'm in a heap on the floor with my head in my hands sobbing my heart out, poor dp didnt know what to do!!! xxx
Cheryl
1st ICSI blessed with Aiden Reece Parkin born 01.01.10

Reg: May 28th 2009

Tuesday, September 14th 2010, 2:20pm

Hi HJP - it is completely normal to feel down. Us women who have had fertility problems probably worry much more than those who conceive naturally. Don't forget you are pregnant and have all those lovely hormones running running around your body - not to mention the other ones we get through treatment as well!

Feel how you want to feel, I promise it gets better and easier to be happy in the 2nd trimester.

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Tuesday, September 14th 2010, 2:33pm

hon I feel totally the same and toldm midwife and GP who totally understood why I felt that way.

I only feel happy on scan days and as you will see from my diary I have spent a small fortune on them, I think it will get better for us all when we get past 12 weeks milestone. I feel terribly guilty for feeling low when I know so many people on here would kill to be in my shoes. I want to feel happy and carefree but truth is I have never felt so scared in my entire life.

Just feel what you need to hon and it will be abit better when you see heartbeat, I promise.
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 28th 2010

Children: hoping and praying this one sticks with us xxxxx

Tuesday, September 14th 2010, 2:58pm

hi

hi hun
please try to stay positive
i still get down sometimes