You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Bonjeux" started this thread
  • Algeria

Reg: Jul 13th 2009

Children: Twin girls, Summer & Grace. Grace was stillborn

Thursday, August 12th 2010, 7:14pm

Twin changing bag or a con?

Hi,

Have been looking a changing bags and am going to get my free Boots one BUT wondered if it is worth the expense to get a twin one? They have the clips to attach to the handlebar which is brill as a normal one won't stretch over. That and the extra size seems to make them expensive :sadface:
Has anybody got any thoughts on these?

Reg: Jul 3rd 2008

Children: 2 beautiful twin daughters :)

Thursday, August 12th 2010, 8:15pm

Hi hun, I've managed with my boots freebie so far. I must admit sometimes I've ran out of space in it, but of course it depends where you're going and how long for as to how much you need to pack.

It fits in a couple of bottles, 2 cartons formula, 2 changes of clothes, nappies, wipes and nappy bags - I usually end up squeezing an extra small bottle of water, 2 jars food paracetamol suspension and my purse and phone before it starts bursting at the seems! The straps are long and adjustable, I usually just wear it across my body as I've only got a piddly basket area in my powertwin puschair. I also put a waterproof bag in there too for dirty clothes etc.

Moonshine

• Algeria

Friday, August 13th 2010, 10:15am

Thanks Moonshine!
Think I will stick to the freebie Boot bags then. I have a Mountain Buggy which has a good basket to sling it in.
You have saved me money, ta x

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Friday, August 13th 2010, 1:34pm

I use a big handbag!!! I found it had far more room in it than the normal changing bags, I can fit in 2 bottles in bottle warmers, changing mat, nappies, wipes, toys, change of clothes, purse, calpol, and loads more!!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

• Algeria

Friday, August 13th 2010, 3:15pm

Well, just got my free boots bag.....as have to get anything that I am entitled too! Looks good. Think if going out for a long time/away etc just take a larger normal bag like you Flic.
Thanks,

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Friday, August 13th 2010, 7:06pm

I used to get so mad with my changing bag. Everything always ended up at the bottom and I could never find anything. I've found that handbags are far better designed, especially the big ones, for baby stuff!!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Jasper

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Friday, August 13th 2010, 7:31pm

If you do decide to buy a changing bag, TK Maxx is worth a visit, they have some really funky bags at great prices. Mine is bright patent red with stripy lining and has loads of pockets and compartments. It cost me £15 but the RRP was £70. When I get bored of it I may go and get another one!!! :happy:

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

• Algeria

Saturday, August 14th 2010, 9:14am

What a great idea and excuse for me to go to TK Maxx! Thanks x

• "bouncytigger" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 9th 2008

Saturday, August 14th 2010, 11:50am

Just to add to this, I hit TK Maxx this morning and did indeed pick up a massive changing bag for £14! I wasn't sure if the Boots Freebie would suffice, but this one is really really roomy and neutral colours and best of all my DH has no problem slinging it over his shoulder, so a winner all round! Thanks for the tip!!
ICSI number 5 - BFP!! :boy: :girl: arrived December 2010

Duffymoon

Megastar

Reg: Jun 11th 2007

Children: Boy/girl twins born 2010

Saturday, August 14th 2010, 2:27pm

Nappy changing bags come in all sorts of shapes and sizes but it really doesn't need to be that big. However I've never really done handbags so anything i have to carry is a hassle! :laugh:

I ended up getting this one Phillips Avent rucksack I wanted a rucksack so that it was easy to carry. This also fits comfortably at the bottom of my Nipper 360 buggy (the additional bag carrier accessory for the buggy).

The bonus of this bag is that it has a zipper Thinsulate pocket for two 9oz bottles for keeping bottles warm or cool which has been very handy when I was feeding the twins EBM which needs to have been in the fridge at least an hour before putting in the bag.

It comes with normal changing bag stuff, so a small changing mat, a bag for nappies, lots of pockets, mesh pockets, zip pockets outside pockets so everything is very easy to find.

All I carry in mine are four nappies, small roll of nappy bags, some cotton wool, small tub of sudocrem, two babygros, two bibs, a muslin, cartons of ready made milk if out and needing a feed, a pair of scissors, some dettol wipes, antibacterial gel, my cheekywipe fresh and mucky bags, two dummies, my purse and if meeting up with friends, my big camera.

The freebie Boots one will i'm sure be all you need but I would definitely recommend this one. It's not very sexy but extremely practical!

x

4 x ICSI BFN
5th time :BFP:
:boy: :girl:

Reg: Aug 27th 2010

Children: 2

Friday, August 27th 2010, 8:24pm

Please could you tell me about the free boots changing bag please ?
galaxy
galaxy :)

• Algeria

Monday, August 30th 2010, 6:17pm

I had a voucher for a free bag if buying newborn pampers pack. Think it was when I joined the Boots Parenting Club online.
www.boots.com/en/Mother-Baby/Parenting-Club