You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

RosB

Ace

• "RosB" started this thread

Reg: Sep 23rd 2009

Children: Twin boys conceived on 3rd ICSI attempt

Saturday, August 7th 2010, 7:00pm

Sensor monitor for twins

Hi All

I am hoping you can advise me! I am keen to get a couple of sensor movement monitors for my twins - I just think it would give me peace of mind whilst they are sleeping, especially during the day when I am not in the same room as them. The only issue is that I was planning to sleep them both in the same cot so would I be able to put 2 sensor pads in the cot and would they work separately? Presumably if one twin is moving and the other isn't then the monitor wouldn't sound. I guess my only option is to sleep them separately if I want to use these sort of monitors - am I right? I suppose the other question is - are they just a waste of money and am I just over worrying?

Duffymoon

Megastar

Reg: Jun 11th 2007

Children: Boy/girl twins born 2010

Tuesday, August 10th 2010, 4:32pm

Hi Ros :D

I suppose the other question is - are they just a waste of money and am I just over worrying?

I guess it depends what you want out of a monitor really? I just have a regular monitor - no sensor pads, no video screen, just noises and lights which is all i think you really need. Actually mine has a few lullabies which play for a bout 10-15 minutes on rotation which has come in very handy to settle them!

If you're thinking of buying one for 100% peace of mind then fair enough but provided you follow the guidelines on how to sleep your babies then they should be perfectly fine.

Certainly mine slept better snuggled in one moses basket (swaddled separately) and i'm not sure, as you say, how, or even if, a monitor with sensor pads would work with two. Perhaps it might be worth emailing on of the manufacturers to see if they have suggestions for twins.

xx

4 x ICSI BFN
5th time :BFP:
:boy: :girl:

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Tuesday, August 10th 2010, 4:45pm

You certainly wouldn't be able to put them in the same cot as these monitors are sensitive enough to feel even the shallowest breathing, Jensen can move all the way up to the end of his cot off the panel but it still picks up his breathing - although we've put 2 in just to avoid any false alarms. So if you had both babies in the same cot then the sensors may well pick up both babies breathing and not just the baby closest.

I do think they are worth having even if it's just avoiding worry, I actually couldn't sleep when J was first home until we got one of these as I would jerk awake every 5 mins to check he was breathing. It has to be said though that there is no actual research to support these panels saving babies lives but I figured it's better than nothing and it's certainly helped me sleep better having one - except last Saturday when I had J in the travel cot and the alarm went off because the type of mattress in a travel cot insulated his movements enough to set it off!

ICSI BFP DS1 born Nov 09
Natural BFP DS2 born Sept 11

RosB

Ace

• "RosB" started this thread

Reg: Sep 23rd 2009

Children: Twin boys conceived on 3rd ICSI attempt

Wednesday, August 11th 2010, 8:46pm

Hi guys

Thanks for your replies, really useful. I think my DH has persuaded me that we don't need the sensor monitors - I think it would mean we would have to sleep them separately but that is not what we were planning to do. I may well end up like you Grace and not able to sleep so may have to rethink the arrangement. But I am sure it will be fine if we follow all of the guidelines. I am almost certainly just worrying too much.