You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

sukitot

• "sukitot" started this thread

Reg: Apr 28th 2009

Children: little boy

Thursday, July 15th 2010, 3:50pm

urine infection please any advice would be great

Hi can anyone give me any advice

I saw a midwife today.I hve been feelign alittle flu like and having sharp pains down below.

She checked my urine and said I have water infection so she sent it away to the hospital tobe checked.

My baby seems to be fine I heard the heartbeat which was lovely.

BecausE I have been abit down I started to get upset and felt very silly but she was lovely she made appt for me to be seen with the doctor to hve a health check that my other midwife hadnt given me so I saw her todays well she said about the water infection but was reluctant to give me any antibiotics she said if the results can back adn I needed some she would give me a prescription but I have been on the internet and been reading about uti and have now scared myselg have to death about if not treated quickly can cause prem labour and kidney infections OMG.

I am already anxious and the doctor said just try nad relax abit more but how can I .

I am wondering why I just didnt get the anitobotics today.

Can anybody help am I over worrying just panicking so much

Thank you

Suki
suki

Reg: Jun 16th 2009

Children: twin girls

Thursday, July 15th 2010, 4:04pm

Please don't worry Suki as long as you don't have a temp you will be fine. Urine is tested in the lab to make sure you get the correct antibiotic to treat it. Sometimes urine results will come back clear and antibiotic is not needed which has happened to me. Take care and try not to worry x

Kirstin's Parenting Diary

Jan 09 Icsi BFN May 09 Fet BFN Sept 09 Icsi BFN Jan 10 :BFP:
:girl: :girl: c-section 13/09/10

Reg: Mar 17th 2008

Children: Twins!

Thursday, July 15th 2010, 4:11pm

Hi Suki

It's very normal that the docs will wait for the results to come back before they give you any antibiotics because firstly they want to confirm that it is a water infection they are dealing with (could be other things like contamination of the sample from vaginal fluids or something completely unrelated) and if that is the case, then they want to be sure to offer you the most suitable form of antibiotic (ie the one that is lowest risk for the baby but will fight the specific bacteria). My doc explained that if they don't do that, it's like a stab in the dark and they'd rather be sure. Normally results are back within 48 hours, so if you're still waiting, then get back to the doc to see what's going on.

This happened to me twice and both times it came back that I didn't actually have a water infection after all. (Then again, I had no symptoms...)

Try not to worry about it too much and google can be a scary place, best avoided if you're feeling a bit fragile!! :happy:
* Emma * :smile:
TTC 8 yrs PCOS - Clomidx10 - IVFx3
Nov 2009 Last try: Short protocol ICSI - wonderful BFP!!! -
TWINS!!
: D

deedee1

Reg: May 23rd 2008

Children: 1 beautiful daughter

Thursday, July 15th 2010, 5:17pm

Hi Suki,

I'm in a very similar position to you as for the last week I have had pain and discomfort while passing urine, gradually worsening. I too googled and panicked and as I'm on holidays in France, couldn't visit my own GP. I have had enough UTI's and kidney infections in my time to know what they are (I am suseptible) so I got myself to a doc over here. He prescribed me an antibiotic and today is my third day taking them. Thankfully, the pain and discomfort has completely disappeared so it looks like it was the right thing to do.

If your symptoms don't improve, I'd say go back to your midwife. In the meantime, drink as much cranberry juice as you can stomach and at least 3 litres of water per day. It helps keep the fluid flowing!.I did both and it helped my symptoms (but didn't do anything for the infection).

Good luck

sukitot

Thursday, July 15th 2010, 5:43pm

:thanx: Hi thanks everyone

I will try not to worry I had a paracetemol earlier jsut to help with the flu symptoms and feel alittle better although I dont like tablets midwife and dr said to take them if needed.

I understand now why dr didnt give me anitbotics now so I shall see what the results come back like after weekend.

I cant remember feeling this run down with my dear little boy finding things a struggle at moment also being diagnosed wth artihritis in my back.

Sorry having a moan and I shoudl be feeling so lucky and I do I am so lucky.

Thanks again for you replies

Take care

Suki
suki

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Thursday, July 15th 2010, 6:02pm

Hiya chick,

I was told I may have a UTI a fair few times but every time it was sent off to the lab it came back fine.

And if you do have a UTI they will be able to give you the right antibiotics.

:hugs:

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Reg: Sep 28th 2009

Children: A beautiful, miracle FET baby girl

Thursday, July 15th 2010, 6:10pm

A good idea whilst you are waiting for your results to come back is to try to drink LOTS of water. Lots of urine infections (if you do have one) can be cleared up just by pushing as much water through your system as possible.

I'm sure all will be fine :smile:
January 2010 - Natural FET cycle
Harriet Amelia was born on 16th October 2010 - we are SO happy!!!

sukitot

Monday, July 19th 2010, 6:59pm

Hi

Thanks for all your relpies Just to update you I rang the doctors surgery to day and my results came back normal and no further action required.So what does protein in your urine mean then.

I am so happy about no uti but could something else be wrong .

Again any advice

Grateful

Suki
suki

Reg: Apr 2nd 2009

Children: DD born Oct 05

Tuesday, August 31st 2010, 8:10am

One tip that I was given to minimise risk of UTIs is up water intake and when you go to the loo rock back and forth a few times which sitting doing your wee as this will help your bladder empty fully HTH

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Tuesday, August 31st 2010, 1:51pm

Hi Suki,

It could be uterus pains, there is a lot of growing going on down there.

Did they say you had protein in urine or just a possible UTI. I had leukocytes in urine which is white blood cells which is the one that fights infection, hence them thinking I had a UTI.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

crista

Reg: Jan 26th 2010

Monday, January 17th 2011, 6:14pm

Hi , I suffered constantly from UTIs before I got pregnant and was at my wits end until I discovered D-Mannose. A natural sugar that coats the lining of the bladder and flushes out the bacteria when you go to the loo. It was like a miracle cure for me and by all accounts perfectly safe to take during pregnancy. Google it and see what you think. I was on and off antibiotics for years. No more antibiotics for me. D mannose cured me!

oops jsut seen how old this thread is!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "crista" (Jan 17th 2011, 6:15pm)

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests