You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "aramass" started this thread

Reg: May 9th 2009

Friday, July 9th 2010, 5:46pm

weird heartbeat (mine)

I've just been to the doctors to get referred for my 12 week scan. I told her that I've been getting very short of breath. She didn't seem to think this was normal during the first trimester, although google says otherwise. She then listened to my heartbeat and said it had an extra sound to it. She said it was worrying and gave me an urgent referral to a cardiologist. I'm slightly concerned. Has anyone any experience of this?
Me: 37 Him: 42
Unexplained
IVF May 2010
:BFP: 10th June.
[zx076] [zx076]

my diary

Australia

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: Boy/Girl Twins - Feel blessed everday...

Saturday, July 10th 2010, 7:22am

Hi hon,

Firstly, I just wanted to say that I'm getting short of breath too!

Secondly, the heart usually has 2 sounds ( beats like lub-dub, its when the ventricle of the heart is pumping and relaxing) but sometimes it is quite normal to have an extra beat and you may have had it all your life. It's called a murmur. The Dr usually hears an extra swishing sound. Sometimes these murmurs are innocent, but sometimes they can be abnormal. So, the Dr was right to refer you to a cardiologist who will probably order an echo (ultrasound of your heart) to have a look at your herat valves, just to make sure that everything is ok.

Most murmurs are harmless, where your heart is functioning normal. However, its always a good idea to get it checked out.

I know its hard but try not to worry about this until you get some results and in the meantime, take it easy. Let us know how you get on. blowkiss
Rachel blowkiss

#1 ICSI Sept 09 - Chem preg
#2 ICSI Nov 09 - Chem preg
#3 ICSI May 10 - BFP: Twins!!! :girl: :boy:

• "aramass" started this thread

Reg: May 9th 2009

Saturday, July 10th 2010, 1:08pm

Thanks Rachel. I'm pretty sure it's pregnancy related as I had my heart checked out for a pre op assessment a year ago and nothing was picked up.
Me: 37 Him: 42
Unexplained
IVF May 2010
:BFP: 10th June.
[zx076] [zx076]

my diary

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Saturday, July 10th 2010, 1:29pm

Hiya,

I've had a heart murmur since I was born. Only 2 docs have actually picked it up. I've had pre ops and no one picked it up.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Reg: Apr 17th 2010

Saturday, July 10th 2010, 6:12pm

Hiya, just to add more assurance: I too have had a murmur since birth and only 2 dr have picked it up - despite having had cardiogram as I suffer from labile bloodpressure! Best to have it checked but try to relax, murmurs are really common!
mxx