You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

vic.h

• "vic.h" started this thread

Reg: Feb 27th 2010

Friday, June 25th 2010, 4:20pm

early scan results good or bad

Hi everyone, hope things going well for you all
Had a scan today at exactly four weeks after 2 day transfer
One gestational sac 15mm with yolk sac, but no fetal pole however she said she may possibly be able to see something which could be the very beginnings of it but she wouldn't say either way, Dh and myself thought we could see a tiny white stick flashing a bit both could see it!

Fortunately managed to see to consultant who said this scan was to make sure was in the right place and he was happy with what was written on the print out and he would say if he was concerned. I know that at exactly 6 weeks the chance is probably about fifty percent of seeing the pole but I just think this is reducing our chances and feel down about it. Dh keeps saying this is good and we should be positive but I can't believe that I have to wait another nearly two weeks xfingers xfingers

Reg: Apr 17th 2010

Friday, June 25th 2010, 5:07pm

Hello Vic
I am no expert - just someone spending too much time on Googel but I would think the sizes of the gestational sac & yolk sac sound good and it is really still early. Especially as you had a 2 day transfer - it does take the little emby some time to develop & implant . So try not to worry too much (yes, I know, easier said than done) [zx127] . The whole thing about dating the embryo is difficult anyway, because even though as an IVF pregnancy you know the date of fertilisation, implantation can be a day or two out which then impacts when the growth spurt starts... I had quite a few scans due to OHSS and was amazed on how quickly they grow from one scan to the next! :8o:
As a worryqueen, I can sympathise - the waiting can drive you insane but try to take your mind of it - your DH is right, you have every reason to be positive.
wishing you all the luck in the world [zx189] [zx189] [zx189] [zx189]
:xxx3:

vic.h

• "vic.h" started this thread

Reg: Feb 27th 2010

Saturday, June 26th 2010, 10:17am

Thanks Mima
I want to be positive but am still feeling low about it. I am thinking about getting a private scan booked for next week and not having to wait for almost two weeks because if the pole was about to show I would expect it to be here by the middle of the week? I think I can't bring myself to be positive until I've had some good news. I keep thinking although the staff at the clinic weren't surprised it hadn't shown they must expect to see it in most cases or they would wait a day or two to do the scan!!! xfingers xfingers

Reg: Apr 17th 2010

Saturday, June 26th 2010, 2:43pm

hiya - lots of :hugs: for feeling low...
I can understand your desire to know sooner & if I was in your shoes, I could see myself thinking exactly the same about getting a private scan done. The only word of caution i would say is that it is not necessarily the end of the worries - even with a beautiful pole, the human capacity for worrying seems endless, if I'm anything to go by....so please consider really carefully how you think you would react - I know I thought I'd be worryfree after seeing a heartbeat, but I still manage to tie myself into regular knots. :rolleyes:
As for the clinic staff not being surprised - i really believe it is exactly that: it is not surprising either way. Everyone is different, therefore even it they waited another day or so, I bet there would be people breaking the norm. Plus of course that at these early stages the scanning is a bit of a black art....
I admit - i am much better at giving advice than listening to my own, but i do hope you manage to relax & find a little PMA
[zx189] xfingers [zx189] xfingers [zx189] xfingers [zx189]
:xxx3:

Reg: Apr 4th 2009

Friday, July 30th 2010, 8:27am

Hi Vic, I thought I would have a 6-week scan but the clinic said they prefer 7 weeks as "you can see much better on a 7-week scan". lots of love, Cathy xxx :hugs:
Cathy

Reg: May 28th 2009

Friday, July 30th 2010, 8:39am

Hi Vic,

Your scan sounds pretty normal to me and that everything is in the correct position to go on to develop as it should. I know it is pointless for me to say not to worry, but I just think a 6 week scan is too early to see the fetal pole.

Try to hold out for two weeks for the next scan - you will need to save your money for all the baby clothes you will need to buy soon!

*PMA**PMA**PMA**PMA**PMA**PMA**PMA*

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Saturday, July 31st 2010, 9:18am

I had a scan at 5 weeks and they couldn't really see anything, just the sack and yolk, then I had a scan at 7 weeks and there was a HB and then at 8 weeks I had another scan and there was little legs!! Its amazing how much they develop chick.

If you have a scan next week there may be a pole but there may not be a hb. And then the week after there may be a hb. The hb is the main thing you're looking for chick. One thats there xfingers that its all go!!!!

Also scans are very difficult. They are measuring in millimetres!! Inside your body!!!! So they've had to find your tiny tiny baby in there through all the muscle and fluid. 1.5cm is good chick. Also being a mm off can be a big difference. If you were to be measured by a different sonographer immediately after they would come up with a different measurement.

I would save you're money for baby clothes chick. I know its hard to wait but it will be worth it. Its like another 2ww all over again.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!