You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

vic.h

• "vic.h" started this thread

Reg: Feb 27th 2010

Sunday, June 20th 2010, 5:55pm

cramping feels just like AF pain help

Hi
Im now 3 weeks 3 days past transfer and have had mild cramping on and off , started to feel sick yesterday but woke up this morning early and for ten minutes had bad cramping exactly like very bad AF pain in the same place in lower abdomen and back, then it eased, but im very worried fortunately managed to speak to my consultant and he said it was normal, but I'm still concerned as it felt so much like AF cramping. I'm on cyclogest pessaries and gestone injections. Was just wondering if anyone had anything similar and everything was still ok I was just starting to believe it was all real yesterday but this has set me back a lot!! xfingers

Reg: Dec 27th 2008

Sunday, June 20th 2010, 6:01pm

Hi Vic - Congratulations on your BFP! I'm sorry you're worrying but your consultant is right, cramping is completely normal. I spent the first few weeks following my BFP on constant 'knicker watch' as I had a lot of aches and pains that felt exactly like AF pain. I'm now 24wks pregnant and everything is perfectly fine. As long as you're not bleeding then I'd just try to relax and take it easy as much as possible.

ICSI Dec 08 & June 09 BFN, ICSI Dec 09 :BFP: Our miracle son born 1st Oct 2010

Reg: Feb 24th 2008

Children: 1 baby girl

Sunday, June 20th 2010, 6:48pm

Hiya

I had exactly the same (in my tummy and back too) and I'm 24 wks now so please try not to worry. Easier said than done, I know, as I spent the 1st 14 weeks on constant knickerwatch and sure that cramps meant bad news. My advice would be to try to stay away from googling any symptoms as the net will make you worry even more. Just think of all the changes your body is going through, all the stretching etc, it's bound to make you cramp and have back pain.

Try not to worry

xxx

2 ectopic pregnancies - 2005 & 2009
beautiful daughter born Sept 2010 thanks to IVF
IVF#3 April/May 2012 - BFN
IVF#4 in Oct/Nov 2012

MY DIARY

Pootle

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Sunday, June 20th 2010, 8:20pm

Hi Vic. Congratulations on your BFP!!! Cramping feelings are quite common in early pregnancy but it doesn't stop us analysing or worrying does it?! I had a lot of cramping early in the 1st tri and worried myself silly. I was on gestone too, like you. DD2 arrived safe and well so I hope that helps your PMA! If you're really worried, contact your clinic, and hopefully they'll be able to put your mind at rest. x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

vic.h

Sunday, June 20th 2010, 9:10pm

Thanks for your replies ! only when you have been going through this do you realise how many times you analyse things!! Move from one to the next in worries!! and I was thinking the 2ww was the end of your worries! Anyway you have all made me a bit less stressy. when you all said you had cramps were some of them quite painful like a full on AF cramp? xx [zx050]

Reg: Dec 27th 2008

Sunday, June 20th 2010, 9:39pm

Vic - yes I had very strong pains, almost dragging feelings. How can I put this........ it felt like my insides were about to fall out!! Not nice, as I also had the odd sharp pain that would make me gasp, but your uterus starts stretching very early on and that is what you are feeling. If you're actually in pain, it is perfectly safe to take paracetamol during pregnancy and if taking the pains away for a few hours will help you relax then you should get a couple down your neck tonight and get some rest xx

ICSI Dec 08 & June 09 BFN, ICSI Dec 09 :BFP: Our miracle son born 1st Oct 2010

vic.h

Sunday, June 20th 2010, 9:46pm

Thanks for that useful reply xx
:happy:

Reg: Apr 17th 2010

Sunday, June 20th 2010, 11:02pm

Hiya Vic
Hope you are managing to relax a little! It's really not fair, all these worries and we are not even allowed to have a calming glass of wine :rolleyes:
As all the other ladies, I had plenty of cramping right from the beginning and am still on constant knicker watch. But I try to take hope from what other people say: it's just that little one making him/herself comfy :snigger: If you're feeling very sick, do speak to the clinic - I had terrible cramping one day (and massive bloating that had lasted a few days already) and ended up going to hospital who told me I had OHSS. I had not recognised the symptoms and I was not in a high risk category at all - total fluke. So I guess there is a point of sensible symptom checking - but not obsessing (someone should tell me that!) - and LalaZig's advice of staying away from Google is definitely a good one!
hope you get some nice relaxing sleep & very uneventful 8 or so months to go! :xxx:

Kimby

Reg: Feb 16th 2010

Children: Beautiful girl born 7th Feb 2011.

Sunday, June 20th 2010, 11:59pm

Hi Vic, I'm having the same type of aches and pains. Scary isn't it? I went to my GP this week as I was so worried, she told me all this is just normal pregnancy aches and pains. It has put my mind at rest, well a little bit! So it seems we may just be over cautious with our BFP's. Hope you feel better soon. xx

Reg: Mar 27th 2009

Monday, June 21st 2010, 3:24pm

Boy, am I relieved to read this thread. I'm seven weeks pregnant and have been worrying that my cramps are worse than they should be. Proper AF type pains that don't quite have me doubled up but sure do worry me! I knew to expect some cramping but not as much as this. Sounds like I'm normal too - let's all try to relax :)

TTC#1 since Dec 06, PCOS
IVF#1 2009 - 3xSET (blasts) - 3xBFN
IgG cardiolipins and Lupus antibodies, MTHFR heterozygous
IVF#2 2010 - 2 blasts, BFP 1/6/10, secondary OHSS
[zx076] 18/6/10 at 6+4!
On Metformin 4x500mg, Clexane 80mg, Aspirin 75mg, B12 3x50mcg
Gestational diabetes (diet controlled)
Elizabeth born prematurely on 25/11/10 at 29+3, weighing 3lbs

vic.h

Monday, June 21st 2010, 5:06pm

It does seem as if it is normal, was talking to one of the nurses and she agreed that its difficult to read positive or negative into most signs? anyone had any other symptoms I've had very few apart from the cramping and only felt sickly on saturday and not since how is everyone coping waiting for the first scan ? it's as bad as the two weeks after transfer I want to be positive but am still not believing it, don't think I will until I see it for myself!! xfingers xfingers

Kimby

Monday, June 21st 2010, 6:05pm

Vic normal or not it is still worse than 2ww. I am still not believing it either..waiting for scan next week, maybe when I see it too! When is your scan?

I have no other symptoms either, apart from the nausea. I went for a nap earlier and was woken by severe pain in very bottom of tummy. Absolutely knocked me sideways. Really bad, terrified me of course, but it only lasted about ten mins.

Lets hope these scans can sort us out!

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Monday, June 21st 2010, 6:08pm

:hello:

AF type pain are normal, I had them on and off throughout my 2WW and for a couple of weeks after that. Have not had much at all in the way of symptoms either so having symptoms or not having them doesn't seem to mean much, everyone is different and every pregnancy is different.

I know it's hard not to worry but once you've had your scan you will start to relax a bit more.

Love Gracie

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Me - 40 AMH 1.79, DH - 45
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

vic.h

Monday, June 21st 2010, 6:27pm

Thanks Gracie, you'd have thought the ivf route would teach you patience but it doesn't :snigger: Kimby the pains and the duration was exactly what it was like for me yesterday morning and my consultant said was normal, are you on progesterone? it's one possible, amongst many, reasons! xfingers xfingers

Kimby

Monday, June 21st 2010, 6:38pm

I'm on the progesterone too. Also the estrdot patches..I was kind o blaming them. Have to put them on tummy exactly where I'm getting the pain. I am actually getting a bit annoyed with myself..all this complaining! :faint: I pity everyone else in the 1st Tri section when I join, I'll have them gone mad asking questions!!

vic.h

Monday, June 21st 2010, 6:50pm

Kimby you sound like me a worry goes and another jumps in we dont want much just a cast iron guarantee from someone in the know that everything will be absolutely fine xfingers xfingers

Kimby

Monday, June 21st 2010, 6:55pm

I agree Vic...not too much to ask is it?? :snigger: now I have a pain in my side/back, feels like a stitch but higher up. Bloody hell, just want to sleep till the 30th!!