You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

JVA

Ace

• "JVA" started this thread

Reg: Jun 14th 2009

Children: Gorgeous little boy Henry

Monday, May 17th 2010, 4:11pm

Possible Urine Infection?

Hi,

I have spent 4 hrs at the hospital today - not impressed at all! I had a really bad night, prob slept for 2 hrs in all. I was up most of the night with really bad period type pain/cramp low down under my bump and on occasions it sent a pain up my belly, felt really sick and breathless. I wondered whether it was braxton hicks or contractions so naturally was worried. This morning I still felt sick and tired so I phoned the midwife at the hospital and they told me to go in for check-up. It all turned into a bit of a shambles to be honest - first of all the midwife strapped me up to the monitor, which was fine and then took a load of details from me, tested my urine and said there are indications of a possible urine infection. Then I was left for 45mins and she came back and said the monitor was picking up my heartbeat instead although they had enough data from earlier from the baby and all looked ok thankfully. I nearly passed out, as I felt my blood pressure drop whilst being monitored, as it was sssooo hot in there! Then the doc came and said to me he would be back in a few mins to have a chat - 1hr later he turned up!!! He then asked me where my notes were and I told him the midwife had them, so he disappeared and returned to ask me the same questions the midwife asked. Then he examined my tummy and said that it all looked ok, said it may be a urine infection or just where the baby is now nearly full size and kicking, which will be more painful!! I know that it is not the baby kicking, as this does not normally hurt me and I know that the pain I felt was something I have not had before. I asked whether it could be braxton hicks and he said that as he is a bloke he cannot answer that, best I ask the midwife who has had children - she will know best. He then asked to examine me and take a swab internally so I agreed and this togther with my urine will be sent off and results will be back in 3 days. Meanwhile they will treat me for urine infection with antibiotics.

I am not entirely convinced about the diagnosis but as I still have a some pain low down under my bump, I will take the tablets and see if it improves in the next few days and hope I do not get the pain I had last night again tonight in bed.

I have ben experiencing a bit of pain low down each evening but assumed this is due to the extra weight now but the pain I had during the night was completely different, as it was cramp type and not just tenderness.

Has anybody else had pain like this before, or a urine infection? Be good to know.
Jessica

compley

Megastar

Reg: Apr 30th 2006

Children: DS and DD

Monday, May 17th 2010, 8:39pm

Hi,

It sounds like you've had a bit of a day of it all!

How are you feeling now? Has the pain subsided?

I've not had a urine infection myself, but it does sounds possible, from what was said about your urine showing indications of an infection, along with the cramps, that you may have a urinary infection. As you say, see how you get on with taking the medication.

If you're not feeling any better, or at anytime are at all worried, give your mw, or day assessment unit a ring, and run things past them.

xxx

<

JVA

Ace

• "JVA" started this thread

Reg: Jun 14th 2009

Children: Gorgeous little boy Henry

Tuesday, May 18th 2010, 8:28am

Thanks Laura. Yes it was a bit of a day!

Thankfully, I had a better night sleep last night so feel better today, although still a bit tender low down on one side. I have been taking the antibiotics and drinking plenty so will see if it improves today. I have my next mw appt tomorrow am so will discuss with her.
Jessica

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE