You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Andypink" started this thread

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Saturday, July 22nd 2006, 9:46pm

Panic attacks

Ladies
I have been so chilled (comparitively) since being PG. Last week I have started to get panicky. Not related to pregnancy for some reason, but other things which I seem to be blowing out of proportion.

I really don't want to pass this on to baby, but I can't help it. It maybe the heat and real over tiredness mixed with hormones.

I suppose I just wasn't expecting it and don't want it!! Does it sound at all familiar?

Andrea
x
PCOS. Ovarian drilling October 2005
Amazing BFP January 2006!!!!!!!!!!
2nd BFP natural!!!! - due Dec 2008!

[/url[url=http://tickers.families.com]

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Saturday, July 22nd 2006, 9:51pm

Yes i can relate i had a few weeks of not wanting to leave the house, i was scared to eat as everytime I did I seemed to choke, i got back on track though and I am sure DD didn't suffer she is a very laid back baby who smiles alot!

Reg: Oct 1st 2005

Saturday, July 22nd 2006, 9:58pm

Andy sorry you are feeling like this i do hope things will settle down for you. Try having some relaxing massages, or accupuncture. And most importantly talk about it. xxxx
Mum of 3 year old twins.
Had ICSI worked first time

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get!!

Sunday, July 23rd 2006, 9:33am

I do try and talk, the only trouble is that DH doesn't really understand I don't think.

I begged him to come home early from work on thursday, but he didn't. Had I fallen over then he would have done.

When I think clearly I know my fears are irrational.

AAAaarrrgggghhh!

Missy

Superstar

Sunday, July 23rd 2006, 12:15pm

I don't know what to say Andyp, is there anything underlying you are getting worried about, or is it lots of little things that are getting on top of you? I would definately, definately recommend a good massage, and keep trying to talk to DH. Hope it all gets better soon

xxx

4 baby angels, forever in our hearts

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Sunday, July 23rd 2006, 12:48pm

Oh poor you Andy. Its awful to feel like that. I think its probably your hormones combined with anticipation of the huge change thats about to happen in your life. I prescribe chocolate and a large cuddle with DH.

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Sunday, July 23rd 2006, 4:08pm

I know that if you mention feeling like this to anyone they always say 'hormones!" and you feel like socking them in the mouth. BUT, I really do feel that our hormones make us fret and worry about things that wouldn't affect us half as much, if at all, if our hormones were balanced.

It seems like such a sweeping diagnoses but the chemicals in our brains are ultra strength personality changers and are not to be sniffed at. If we can realise that it is the chemicals which are affecting us so badly then we can trust that our perspective has probably been altered and we can take steps to reduce the damage we do to ourselves by reacting the way that we do. Did that make sense? ?(

This is also evident after the birth of our babies when tiny problems and concerns over money, space, baby, work, body image, relationships.... mount up and up and eventually we feel like we're disappearing down a hole and worse.... that nobody actually understands or even cares.

Would it help to know that it's normal to feel like this, that lots of women feel like this or that at some stage you will look back and wonder what the anxiety was all about? Would it help to write down every single thing that you are worried about and promise yourself that you will deal with them one thing at a time?

I hope you do start to feel less stressed Andy x x x

Sunday, July 23rd 2006, 8:45pm

This sounds silly, but I seem to be worrying about things that I can't do anything about. Here is an example, I worry that I will have an accident in my car, I worry that I will cause someone offence by something I say, I worry that I will get in trouble at work...

I know that others feel like this and it does help, but I also worry that it is almost PND setting in early!!!

Please don't think I'm a wierdo, I am nice really!!

Rufus

Star

Children: One son, aged 8, daughter 1

Monday, July 24th 2006, 10:16pm

Don't worry. Talk to your midwife. It's a perfectly normal feeling for some people at this stage of pregnancy. It will pass, honestly :)

Hang in there, you're doing great, Love Lesa xxxxxx
Keep smiling :happy:

Tuesday, July 25th 2006, 6:12pm

I wil speak to her, I'm seeing her on Thurs.

The annoying thing is I have to see a new one as mine has gone on maternity leave! I felt I had such a good relationship with her.

x

Wednesday, August 2nd 2006, 2:23pm

I'm still suffering a bit, but am trying really hard not to let it all take hold. I am making myself drive which is a good thing, because if you stop doing something like that then it's all the harder to start back I'm sure.

I woke up this morning worrying about something from 15 years ago!

I have just phoned someone up about my pension, got off the phone, then panicked that I was rude to her. I ended up ringing back to say sorry if I was rude!! Now she probably thinks I am mad aswell as rude.

I know I joke, but I wish I could stop worrying. I did speak to midwife last week, but she was a replacement midwife as mine is on mat leave now, and it will be a different one again when I go next week.

I don't know what I am seeking in posting again .....

Andrea
x

Saz

Wednesday, August 2nd 2006, 2:26pm

Maybe getting it all down helps you not to panic as much ?(

Serioulsy tho, well done you for not lettings it get hold of you. As for driving, I drove right up until a couple of days before I went into hospital and was driving as soon as possible as I could afterwards (if truth be known, it was before that magical 6 week mark Naughty me!!)

Wednesday, August 2nd 2006, 2:31pm

Yes - it does help writing it down, I kind of think when I read it back that I don't sound loony.

DH is such a well-balanced individual with a family with no 'depression issues' as it were, where as for me it is sort of 'in my genes'. I am hyper aware of feeling anxious. If I wasn't pg I would probably go to doctor. Well I would want to know what this huge bump was for starters!!

Saz

Wednesday, August 2nd 2006, 2:35pm

You are NOT loony. You have loads of hormones whizzing about!!

Of course your anxious. This is a scary, exciting, mind-blowing, nerve-racking time, all rolled into one. I was the same. Ever little thing had me either on here or on the phone. I think the GP got sick of seeing me. It will all be worth it when you have bubs in your arms, but don't expect the anxiety to stop, it doesn't, but its a whole new set of worries!!! Remember, you are not alone! [zx127]

Wednesday, August 2nd 2006, 2:37pm

So why do you think I am not worrying about baby, but about other things?

Saz

Wednesday, August 2nd 2006, 2:41pm

Getting it all out of the way before baby comes ?( You won't have time to worry about them then!! Do remember tho that what has happened has happened and worrying about it won't help/change things. I know its easy to say, but keep that in your mind. Hormomes do strange things to us ladies hun.

TheZooKeeper

Unregistered

Wednesday, August 2nd 2006, 2:44pm

Because that's what hormones are about, esp when you're pg, AP! After my 3rd visit to the loo at 3am I lye in bed thinking about anything and everything - total anxiety attacks, then tell myself off for thinking about things at that time of the morning!!!

Wednesday, August 2nd 2006, 2:45pm

I wonder if Bach's rescue remedy is safe while pg?

Wednesday, August 2nd 2006, 2:49pm

Have found this - do you think it is ok to trust? http://www.bachcentre.com/centre/pregnant.htm

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, August 2nd 2006, 2:52pm

I know the Bach Flower remedy are very good I use thewm all the time for different things!

Reg: Oct 1st 2005

Wednesday, August 2nd 2006, 2:57pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rhinosaz
You are NOT loony. You have loads of hormones whizzing about!!

Of course your anxious. This is a scary, exciting, mind-blowing, nerve-racking time, all rolled into one. I was the same. Ever little thing had me either on here or on the phone. I think the GP got sick of seeing me. It will all be worth it when you have bubs in your arms, but don't expect the anxiety to stop, it doesn't, but its a whole new set of worries!!! Remember, you are not alone! [zx127]

here here!!!
Mum of 3 year old twins.
Had ICSI worked first time

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get!!

Wednesday, August 9th 2006, 3:57pm

Just an update really. I went to doctors today as anxiety seems to be more frequent. She was lovely and I got quite upset, basically because I don't want to be feeling this way.

I think she is going to see if she can get me to talk to someone with more 'expertise' with pg women. I am v reluctant to take any sort of medication, but I get the feeling that this may be a last resort.

She said that I deserve to be enjoying this time. Hopefully this will mean that I will get myself 'sorted' soon!

The doc is going to get back to me tomorrow.

Has anyone else seen their doc about 'feelings'?

Saz

Wednesday, August 9th 2006, 4:04pm

I didn't, but probably could have done!! Hormones do different things to all of us hun. The main thing is you are getting ''sorted'', as you put it!!

Reg: Apr 4th 2006

Children: Connor 8, Freya 4, Harri and Rhys 3

Wednesday, August 9th 2006, 6:34pm

Andy it sounds as if your doing the right thing. There is nothing worse than ignoring your feelings hormones or not get things off your chest.

Good Luck, your gp sounds promising asking advise from a more experienced dr in this sort of thing!!

I am sure it will all work out ok

Karenxx

3 Baby Angels

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE