You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "leahjayne" started this thread

Reg: Oct 20th 2008

Thursday, November 13th 2008, 4:03pm

Thrush maybe?

Hi there, I'm feeling a bit iffy down below, not really usual thrush symptoms i.e. no itchiness or anything, just a feeling of being 'swollen' internally and externally (TMI!!) I don't want to use any thrush remedies while on the stimms, plus I have another follie scan tomorrow and don't want to hinder them seeing everything.

Has anyone got any advice / had the same feelings?

I was wondering if it's anything to do with the condoms and lube they've been using at the clinic during scans??
xx LEAH xx

kar1

• "kar1" is no longer a member of FZ

Thursday, November 13th 2008, 4:07pm

i always get this feeling, i have had thrush during stimms and used the cream and pesseries after a scan, don't use the pill through

another option which i found good was wearing a skirt and going knickerless, i would have a chat with your clinic tomorrow as if it is thrush it is best to get it sorted

good luck with your scan
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol
:BFP:

Tyler May born 5/5/2010 by emergency c section. Tyler is our sunshine

• "leahjayne" started this thread

Reg: Oct 20th 2008

Thursday, November 13th 2008, 4:09pm

Thanks Kar1, I daren't go knickerless though - having a major case of EWCM!
xx LEAH xx

kar1

• "kar1" is no longer a member of FZ

Thursday, November 13th 2008, 4:12pm

pmsl maybe knickerless isn;t for you then lol, make sure you wear cotton knickers at the very least

natural yoghurt works too
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol
:BFP:

Tyler May born 5/5/2010 by emergency c section. Tyler is our sunshine

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Thursday, November 13th 2008, 4:22pm

Washing with a solution of 500ml warm water and 1 table spoon of bicarbonate of soda does the trick for me. The bicarbonate gives the thrush a ph-shock that kills it.

I hate thrush!

Reg: Oct 20th 2009

Children: Hopeful!!!

Wednesday, April 28th 2010, 8:18am

Thrush - can you use treatment during stims???

Does anyone know if you can use thrush treatment during stims?. I don't think i have it but am prone to it when run down and was just wondering? as you do!!!

Many thanks

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Wednesday, April 28th 2010, 9:28am

You need to tell your clinic and ask them. I had thrush during one of the tx and they let me ue the cream. But you MUST call the clinic asap.

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Wednesday, April 28th 2010, 9:57am

Hi Monkeymagic, I agree with Maria to talk to your clinic, however, there are a few things you can do to try to prevent a flare up. Firstly avoid anything with yeast in it as this can seem to make the problem worse in some people and avoid high sugar products as sugar will raise the sugar levels in your body secretions and increase the likelyhood of thrush occuring also try eating live yoghurts as they have been known to help even if you don't apply them directly so to speak.

ICSI BFP DS1 born Nov 09
Natural BFP DS2 born Sept 11