You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Torisen

• "Torisen" started this thread

Reg: Jan 1st 2006

Friday, July 21st 2006, 9:39am

Ribs

Ribs a bit achy, are there any stretches etc I can do to relieve this?
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006
BF DS 10 months 3 weeks and 5 days
FET 11/07, ICSI 12/07 (ABANDONED), ICSI 2/08, IUI 5/08 - BFN
Clomid IUI 7/08 BFP MC a twin... again :(

TheZooKeeper

Unregistered

Friday, July 21st 2006, 10:01am

maybe baby is sticking his legs in your ribs - I get that from time to time - ouchie!

Torisen

Friday, July 21st 2006, 10:13am

I know that ribs are being pushed out but is there anyhing I can do to relieve it?
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Friday, July 21st 2006, 10:53am

Wella,
Miriam Stoppard book says
"The pain will disappear as soon as the babies head drops into the pelvic cavity prior to birth (or earlier in some women, especiallythose pregnant with their first child). Try not to compress the ribs: either sit up straight or lie down."

Not sure if thats much help. Where abouts exactly is the pain? I've been getting pain just under my right boob (see trapped wind thread) and I've found that kneeling on all fours and arching my back seems to help, I think theres a similar yoga move called a cat stretch.

Torisen

Friday, July 21st 2006, 11:03am

Above solarplexus but to the right hand side (left of the right breast) and same position on the back...
Bump is so much bigger on the right hand side at the moment so ligament on the right hand side is also a little tender...

Cat stretch feels good in the back but not really doing anything to the front :(

It is not too bad but it just seems a bit early to be achy now... am a few weeks away from any dropping of head!

I can't sleep on my back due to my flat back, too much of a stretch on my lower back so I am destined to sleep on my sides, only that I could not sleep on my right hand side because of the ribs...
Oh joy! :)

Read in metro that women who have sex after 38 weeks have their babies earlier... better go for that one then!
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006

Bagpuss

• "Bagpuss" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

Friday, July 21st 2006, 11:34am

Sit on the floor with your back against the wall, start with your hands together in prayer hands by your boobs, sweep them outwards past your legs & bring them upwards to meet above your head at a gentle stretch. Reverse the sweep & meet prayer hands in the middle again.

Do this gently for about 5 or 6 goes & it should hopefully help your ribcage release slightly.

HTH?

Missy

Superstar

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Friday, July 21st 2006, 12:15pm

I think Jenny was only trying to help - there was no need to be rude :))

xxx

4 baby angels, forever in our hearts

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE