You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

roxy7

Star

• "roxy7" started this thread

Reg: Dec 1st 2008

Children: DS born 11/06

Saturday, February 20th 2010, 11:08pm

Braxton Hicks?

I feel I should know this, given that this is my second pregnancy, but I can't remember getting Braxton Hicks then. I got real feelings of tightness all round my bump on quite a few occasions tonight sometimes coupled with a tingling sensations in my nipples and a ilttle bit of leaking fluid. I take it these are braxton hicks? I'm 29+1 today, so really don't want them to be anything else! I noticed that the babies were particularly active at the time and I wondered of this meant the were causing my uterus to be a bit more irritable, if that's the right way to describe it.

They've stopped now and I'm not having any more symptoms so I'm feeling less worried than I was earlier - in fact, although they were wierd sensations, they were quite pleasant in a way - the movements were hilarious too, heels and elbows and god know what else sticking out all over the place. Let's hope they go to sleep soon and I can get some rest.

R x

Me 41, DP 42
Diagnosis PCOS and old age!
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
FET 08/09 :BFP:
cs booked for 20/04/10

Mavis

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Sunday, February 21st 2010, 12:32pm

Hi Roxy,
Tightening of bump sounds exactly like Braxton Hicks. The golden rule is it should not be painful, it can be an odd sensation but it shouldn't hurt (if it does, they could be real contractions and you should ring the delivery unit).
And lots of ladies do start to leak a little bit of milk in the in the third tri too. It sounds like your body is doing all the right things and getting prepared! : D
M
x

My Diary
10 years, 5 cycles, and 3 beautiful children.
My family is complete :heart: :heart: :heart:

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Sunday, February 21st 2010, 1:54pm

Hi Roxy

Hope everything is ok. Does sound like Braxton Hicks.

I got a lot of Braxton hicks in my first PG from 24 weeks, this PG it's been much sooner, earlier than 16 weeks I'd say. In this and my last PG they make my tummy go all lop sided on the right!

Aww, and bless seeing all those body parts, I can't wait for that in this PG :D

xxxxx

• "angels&babies" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 26th 2008

Children: Annalise Joy Morrison born December 2009 from 2nd ICSI.........4 Snow Babies on ice,x

Sunday, February 21st 2010, 2:57pm

I had Braxton Hicks from pretty early on in my pregnancy too, probably because Annalise was a big baby.
I also noticed too that when she was active that it would trigger off Braxton Hicks.
I used to get loads of them all the time and even runs of them - I would have an hour where I had about 6-8 coming every 5-10 minutes and that really scared me. However, knowing what I do now, it was defo Braxton Hicks and not labour. They could be quite uncomfortable sometimes and even stop me in my tracks but they were totally different to labour pains.
Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy, you must be getting more excited to meet your two little ones now,x

2nd ICSI March 2009 :BFP:
4 Top Grade 1 Frosties in Waiting for next time!
bab21
My Diary

Indiechick

Superstar

Reg: Oct 25th 2007

Monday, February 22nd 2010, 5:21pm

Yep sounds like good old BH to me. I loved them, strange but true!

x

3rd IUI - 08/08/08 - tested 22/08/08 BFP :D
Scan 09/09/08 - 2 [zx076] [zx076] TWINS!
2 beautiful boys born 16/04/09

roxy7

Star

• "roxy7" started this thread

Reg: Dec 1st 2008

Children: DS born 11/06

Tuesday, February 23rd 2010, 7:24pm

Well, I've not gone into labour yet so they must be BH!!!

Thanks for all your replies. It's good to know they can start really early.

R x

Me 41, DP 42
Diagnosis PCOS and old age!
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
FET 08/09 :BFP:
cs booked for 20/04/10

Reg: Jun 16th 2009

Children: twin girls

Monday, August 2nd 2010, 12:15pm

I started having BH at 30 weeks. They are uncomfortable and I get 4-5 a day. I think bump feels amazing during a BH and both babies seem to move a lot during one :happy:

Kirstin's Parenting Diary

Jan 09 Icsi BFN May 09 Fet BFN Sept 09 Icsi BFN Jan 10 :BFP:
:girl: :girl: c-section 13/09/10