You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

AnnieG

• "AnnieG" started this thread

Reg: Jun 5th 2009

Thursday, February 11th 2010, 12:26pm

Waters broken...?

I am 41 weeks plus 1day and had a sweep yesterday morning. I have had bloody mucus discharge since then which I was expecting... However, as I was bouncing up and down on my swiss ball this morning, I felt a trickle.... When I went to toilet, I had a further trickle and I wiped myself, it was almost yellowy in colour.... I had a shower and when I came out I had another trickle and leaked on my bath mat which is white (sorry TMI) and looked a deeper shade of yellow. I have put a pad on and I look as though the fluid is now clearish, although not huge amounts ... I am wondering is this the waters begining to break and if so do you think the first trickle of the waters was mixing in with some of the mucus plug to give it a yellow tinge.... I have no contractions as yet.... Should I call my midwife or wait a wee while...?

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Thursday, February 11th 2010, 12:59pm

Hiya!

It could be!! I'd call the midwife just to be sure. They'll be able to tell you and advise you better. I know my midwife has said that I have to call as soon as waters go whether I'm contracting or not.

Good luck!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Reg: Apr 23rd 2007

Thursday, February 11th 2010, 2:14pm

Yes - I agree with Flic. I had a sweep yesterday and nothing has happened as yet but consultant said if waters go or you think they have, phone the labour ward straightaway whether or not you have contractions.
Good luck - sounds like it's all starting to happen!
x
dizzyduck
Me 42 DP 40
TTC 3yrs
IVF Oct 07 and Jan 08 - both poor response & converted to IUI - BFN
May 08, Aug 08 and Oct 08 natural :BFP: m/c at 6, ,5 and 9 weeks :sadface:
May 09 another shock natural :BFP: Perfect little boy born 12 feb 2010.

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Thursday, February 11th 2010, 3:05pm

It could very well be. It's worth phoning the labour ward just to let them know so that they can expect you and have a bed ready for you at some point.

If you bear down slightly, push a bit like you're opening your bowels, do you get any more liquid?

AnnieG

Thursday, February 11th 2010, 3:18pm

I have not had much since I last posted - and Bells when I bear down I am not getting anything just now, although was earlier.. I am starting to have tightening sensations and a slightly achey back.... nothing too uncomfortable though... Am occupying myself by cleaning.....

AnnieG

Thursday, February 11th 2010, 3:31pm

have phoned the MW unit - they want me to go in just to have a check to make sure it isnt meconium.....

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Thursday, February 11th 2010, 4:09pm

Ooooh, good luck!!!

AnnieG

Thursday, February 11th 2010, 4:16pm

Thanks! Could happily throttle husband as he is rather put out that have to go in to check during rush hour!

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Thursday, February 11th 2010, 4:22pm

Save your energy and throttle him after (or during!) honey!!!

AnnieG

Friday, February 12th 2010, 10:15am

went to MW unit yesterday and they found no trace of meconium on my pads, so was in and out within 30 mins which was great! Hubby redeemed himself by taking me out for supper afterwards. I am having contractions 15 mins apart, but they subsided when I went to bed and so was able to sleep through them last night.... as soon as i got up this morning I could feel them again! fingers crossed things progress today as I am booked in for an induction on Monday which I would rather avoid if at all possible!

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Friday, February 12th 2010, 10:30am

Sounds like things are gearing up very well. It's always promising when someone niggles for a few days before labour begins and you can hope that your cervix getting its act together... which should make things easier when the time comes :)

AnnieG

Friday, February 12th 2010, 12:08pm

I hope So - I had heard at NCT classes that a slow build up to labour can be most efficent labour.... fingers crossed!

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Friday, February 12th 2010, 12:30pm

Ooooh, Good luck honey!!! Fingers crossed they don't induce you and you have baby very soon!!!

:hugs: