You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Andrea" started this thread

Reg: Feb 23rd 2007

Children: 1 Gorgeous little boy

Friday, January 15th 2010, 4:17pm

Threatened Miscarraige at 14wks

I hope I'm not upsetting anyone by puttting this post here, please feel free to move if it is not appropriate

I've been having a lot of problems with bleeding since the middle of december, xmas eve we was in Gynea referral all morning and finally had a scan at 3pm, where both babies were thankfully both absolutley fine and on examination my cervix was closed, but since then I have had on and off bleeding which was gradually easing off when last friday when I was getting changed for bed I had a gush with blood dripping all down my legs, i went to the toilet and had a good 5 mins of very heavy bleeding before passing a golfball size clot, we headed straight for a&e, went to the nurse who took blood and put a huge canula (please excuse my spelling) encase I needed a blood transfusion, I then went through to medical assesment where i was seen by a dr and then a gyneacologist who told us after examination that we should think the worst as it looks like i was having a miscarriage, but we had to wait until the following day for a scan, I was admitted onto a ward around 5am and put on a drip but didnt sleep, by this time the bleeding was minimal. I was then taken for a scan at 8am, I was shocked to see both babies again absolutely fine and the consultant said my cervix was closed an intact and he did not know where the bleeding was coming from??? I was sent home and told to rest and if the bleeding was as heavy as a period to come back but not if it was light.

I have been bleeding since but not lots (fingers crossed) I went to see my midwife today, who has also told me that i should have been given an anti-d injection (as i am rhesus neg) but she wasnt sure so she called the hospital and no-one seems to know if i should of shouldnt so I am really not impressed with that at all!! and I am still waiting for a her to call me back, but on a good note she did manage to find both babies heart beats which has put my mind at ease a little, i'm just really concerned that they don't know why or where the bleeding and clot has come from, I tried to get my consultant appt sooner (as its not for 2.5 wks) but they can't get me in, I just feel in limbo!!!! I have booked a scan for Monday with the Fetal Medicine Centre to see if they can see anything, but I'm petrified i'm going to loose my babies :tear:

Sorry for the long post
x

Jodie

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Friday, January 15th 2010, 4:54pm

Hello lovely

No advice but wanted to give you a big hug and say I'm thinking of you.

I bled in both pregnancies - 2nd one was because of a SCH - have they checked for this?

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Ros

Megastar

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: twin girls thanks to PGD!

Friday, January 15th 2010, 4:58pm

Oh Andrea, what a scary time you've been having, but through all of this your babies have been ok and the heartbeats are still going. I have read that bleeding is more likely in twin pregnancies but I guess that doesn't make it any less scary.
I know the FMC will do their best for you, I've been there a few times. The scanners there are super doopa and hopefully they will find the cause of the bleeding, hopefully a clot or something eaily explained. Fingers crossed all is ok, you've passed 12 weeks now whici is the most vulnerable time so please try to take some comfort in that x

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,
beautiful twin girls born 8th Feb 2010, we are so grateful

Indiechick

Superstar

Reg: Oct 25th 2007

Friday, January 15th 2010, 5:00pm

Huge Hugs, Andrea, this must be a terrifying time for you both. made even worse by not knowing why this is happening. Great news that both of the babies seem to be ok though. Although it's not the same I experienced a bleed just before 12 weeks, it was bright red and lots of it however, no cause was ever found and as you can I see I went on to have a healthy pregnancy and so there is hope. The fact that your cervix is closed is good news too. I know you will continue to worry regardless but I just wanted to send you hugs. Hang on in there! x

3rd IUI - 08/08/08 - tested 22/08/08 BFP :D
Scan 09/09/08 - 2 [zx076] [zx076] TWINS!
2 beautiful boys born 16/04/09

Friday, January 15th 2010, 6:19pm

Thanks girls I really appreciate your messages, Jodie, they haven't mentioned it so im not sure!?!? I've got more red bleeding this evening so may have to go back to the hospital, they gave me the number for the ward so if I do I can hopefully stright there, hopefully it easies off though

xxx

Michelle

Friday, January 15th 2010, 9:01pm

Hi Andrea

I'm only 7 weeks pregnant but i've had bleeding on and off and during an internal scan on tuesday they found a clot (a SCH, like Jodie mentioned). Did you ever have an internal scan earlier in the pregnancy? I'm just wondering......not sure if they are picked up as easily on external scans?

The good news is that both babies are fine, so at 14 weeks i'd say that your chances are pretty good :smile:

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

Mavis

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Sunday, January 17th 2010, 3:29am

Hi Andrea,
Did you ever get the anti-D injection?
Usually they don't give it for bleeds in the first trimester, but do for the second and third trimester. So at 14 weeks, you should have been given it really but because it is still early, you will probably be fine. Either way, this won't have any affect on your twinnies at all. A bit later on in your pregnancy, your midwife will give you routine anti-D, and before she does that she will do a blood test to check that you haven't become sensitised to your babies blood groups.

I had 3 SCH with my twins early on and had 3 lots of bleeds throughout my pregnancy so far... it is flipping scary! I hope your bleeding has stopped and that its stopped for good.
Lots of luck for Monday,
M
x

Monday, January 18th 2010, 8:58pm

:hugs: Thank you all so much for your kind messages and thoughts.

I had a scan today and both babies BOYS!! are fine!! I havent had any 'fresh' blood for 2 days and the sonographer said that there were no signs of where the bleed was coming from and there was no sign of any SCH, but twin 1 has a low lying placenta, which looks like it is moving up but last week it was probably covering my cervix which could of been a cause of the bleeding or there could have been cysts in my cervix which have ruptured, but the babies looked great so to try not to worry, we discussed the bleeding properly and reasons of why it happened rather then just being told 'don't worry about it' so im going to try not to worry (easier said then done) and will hopefully be sleeping well tonight!!!

Congratulations Michelle!!i I had alot of internal scans early on but my last one was at 10 weeks
Mavis, I haven't had an anti-d yet but have just been given a blood form to check it and I'll have it done once the results come back

Thank you again
lurve :xxx3:

Indiechick

Superstar

Reg: Oct 25th 2007

Monday, January 18th 2010, 9:14pm

YAY YAY YAY! Fab news Andrea I'm so pleased for you, I've been thinking about you a lot. Twin boys - SNAP! OMG 3 boys, what a crazy time your gonna have :happy:

3rd IUI - 08/08/08 - tested 22/08/08 BFP :D
Scan 09/09/08 - 2 [zx076] [zx076] TWINS!
2 beautiful boys born 16/04/09

Reg: Dec 18th 2007

Children: one perfect little miracle baby boy - now trying for a little brother or sister !!

Monday, January 18th 2010, 9:31pm

so so glad everything is ok hun - and lil boys how fab happydance

IVF 5th time lucky
- BFP
Trying for No 2 - BFP

Germany

Reg: Nov 12th 2007

Children: Twin boys born April '10 thanks to ICSI

Tuesday, January 19th 2010, 11:03am

Hi Andrea, great to hear that everything is fine :smile: , that must have been so worrying. I'm having 2 boys too, it's nice to find out nice and early.

4x IUI
Mar 08 IVF BFN
Jun 08 ICSI BFN
Sep 08 ICSI BFN
Oct 08 FET BFN
Apr 09 ICSI brief BFP
Aug 09 ICSI :BFP:

Me 40, DH 38

Our dream came true,

Lukas and Finn were born 13/04/10 at 36w6d biggrin2
My diary