You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Flic

• "Flic" started this thread
  • Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Tuesday, January 5th 2010, 12:10pm

Head down and quiet?

Hello,

When does baby usually go head down? When they do this are they usually quiet? Do babies chill out a bit before they're born or do they remain active up until they are born?? I have asked the midwife but I seem to be being fobbed off for some reason, no one will give me an answer!

(I told you all I'd have loads of questions!!)

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Reg: Jul 3rd 2007

Children: Apr 2009- Suprise Natural BFP!!!

Tuesday, January 5th 2010, 1:04pm

Think my baby went head down around 37 weeks... or maybe that was just when I thought to ask.

Quietening down? Not sure. My LO had mad days and quieter days, just to frighten the life out of me!!! I got told they go quieter because there is so little room from about 36 weeks. My LO was definately very active until 40 weeks and now has varied days.

Glad your monitoring is going well. x
[/align]

Reg: Jul 17th 2006

Tuesday, January 5th 2010, 2:07pm

i am 37 weeks and the head is down....i think its been like that for about 2 weeks now....but i know there isnt enough room in there so movment can decrease. keep checking that there is some movement - also i think that by now you get used to certain movement and dont feel them unless you concentrate..hope you are ok
Peppermint Patty

Me 29 - DH 34
PCOS & Male Factor
TTC 2yrs
3 x Clomid - 3 x BFN
Ovarian Drilling Nov 06
ICSI March 07 - BFP 4/4/7- OHSS - All Gone 12/4/7
ICSI Aug 07 - DR July 13th - Shock NATURAL BFP 25th July 07! - baby boy march 08
May 09 - VERY SHOCKING NATURAL BFP!!!! - Baby Girl Jan 10

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Tuesday, January 5th 2010, 2:09pm

mine has been head down since about 35 weeks. I've never had a reduction in movement, but I think that is pretty unusual and I've always felt lots of movement so may just have an unusually active baby.

hope all is well with you x

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

Reg: Jul 17th 2006

Tuesday, January 5th 2010, 2:21pm

not sure if it helps....but with baby 1 who was 6lbs i was being monitored every day towards the end due to reduced movments...this baby who is estimated to be a big'un is swimming inside me and making my whole belly move but has more quite spells now....
Peppermint Patty

Me 29 - DH 34
PCOS & Male Factor
TTC 2yrs
3 x Clomid - 3 x BFN
Ovarian Drilling Nov 06
ICSI March 07 - BFP 4/4/7- OHSS - All Gone 12/4/7
ICSI Aug 07 - DR July 13th - Shock NATURAL BFP 25th July 07! - baby boy march 08
May 09 - VERY SHOCKING NATURAL BFP!!!! - Baby Girl Jan 10

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Tuesday, January 5th 2010, 3:19pm

My DD was head down and 4/5 engaged at 34 weeks, she was born in her 37th week, but I would have been induced that week because I had obstetric choleostasis. Her movements had reduced probably because of the OC, so I was being monitored whenever I wanted it.

I hope your LO soon gets back to thrashing around and keeping you awake.

xxx

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

Mavis

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Tuesday, January 5th 2010, 3:52pm

Hi Flic,
I'm so sorry you've had such a worrying time with movments! Hopefully your little one will start dancing around in there very soon.

Even when head down, the baby is meant to stay active until they are born. The movements will be different though, because of lack of space. Instead of powerful kicks, niggling punches or your whole tummy wobbling as the baby repositions, the movements are smaller and more subtle. You are therefore more likely to miss them. So it really helps to take an hour, drink something cold and sweet, lie on your left side, and wait for movements. You should be able to feel little movements, several in one hour. If you don't feel anything, then the hospital will want to hook you up to the good old CTG machine again to check that the baby is squirming, its just that you can't feel it.

Hope that helps,
M
x

My Diary
10 years, 5 cycles, and 3 beautiful children.
My family is complete :heart: :heart: :heart:

Flic

• "Flic" started this thread
  • Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Tuesday, January 5th 2010, 6:55pm

Hi everyone!

Thanks for all the advice and details.

Splodge has been head down since 31 + 6 (as far as I know) and still is. I didn't know whether this could mean that LO is getting ready to make an appearance in the next few weeks.

Hooked up to the CTG machine again today and hb was in the 140's with no accelerations. Still moving about in there according to the machine as it picks up fetal movements, but still not feeling anything. Not felt anything today at all!! I've had a midwife shake my bump and still nothing!!

I just find it strange that suddenly the movement has stopped rather than slowed down. I've had a few movements yesterday but these were more big body type movements. I've been having a lot of braxton hicks too and cramping but I think thats probably just LO growing.

I'm not overly worried as I do trust the midwives and if they thought there was anything really wrong they would have me straight in.

I just wish I knew what was going on in there!!!

Mavis, I tried the cold, sweet drinks, I was busting for a wee by the time they let me off the machine!! But still nothing. Its like Lo has found a comfy spot and doesn't want to move!

I do know that its a long baby but I don't know if that would make any difference?

Trust me to have a grumpy faced, laid back baby!!!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!