You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "dizzyduck" started this thread

Reg: Apr 23rd 2007

Friday, January 1st 2010, 10:10pm

Swollen right ankle

Can anyone help? This morning I woke up with a swollen right ankle. the left one looks normal, my hands are normal too. It's not hugely swollen and it doesn't hurt or anything but it has stayed the same all day. I know that swollen ankles are really common in 3rd tri but it's only one ankle. I saw midwife on weds and no protein in urine, BP normal - everything seemed fine. Should I get this checked out?
dizzyduck
Me 42 DP 40
TTC 3yrs
IVF Oct 07 and Jan 08 - both poor response & converted to IUI - BFN
May 08, Aug 08 and Oct 08 natural :BFP: m/c at 6, ,5 and 9 weeks :sadface:
May 09 another shock natural :BFP: Perfect little boy born 12 feb 2010.

Fi'smum

United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 14th 2009

Children: 2 dd 1978 ds 1980 And 1 gorgeous granddaughter 2010 and a handsome grandson 2012

Friday, January 1st 2010, 10:49pm

Hi Dizzyduck. Happy New Year smile2 I take it you didn't twist your ankle or anything yesterday. Swollen ankles in pregnancy are usually related to the extra weight that you're carrying, so generally start at the end of the day, and ease off when you put your feet up. So it doesn't sound like fluid retention - the fluid tends to collect in the lowest part of the body, so if you wre in bed it wouldn't be your ankles. When you press it does the dent where your fingers were stay, or does it go back quickly?

Jodie

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Saturday, January 2nd 2010, 4:38pm

Hi DD! Happy 2010!

I had really bad swollen ankles/legs with DD1 that started much earlier than you are. Its uncomfortable isn't it?

I think that a phone call wouldn't hurt - I'm sure you m/w wouldn't mind and if nothing else, it'll put your mind at ease.

Hope this year is FABULOUS for you.

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

• "dizzyduck" started this thread

Reg: Apr 23rd 2007

Saturday, January 2nd 2010, 6:27pm

Well, it went down a bit overnight but has swollen again today - still only my right ankle though which is weird. I did try to phone midwives but no answer from any of the numbers - I'll try again on Monday but I feel a bit more relieved after it went down overnight last night. Today where I've worn socks you can see a big indentation round the ankle where they've been. Hoping it's just water retention now but will ring on Monday anyway. It doesn't feel uncomfortable at all - I only notices it when it caught sight of my feet when I got undressed yeasterday.
dizzyduck
Me 42 DP 40
TTC 3yrs
IVF Oct 07 and Jan 08 - both poor response & converted to IUI - BFN
May 08, Aug 08 and Oct 08 natural :BFP: m/c at 6, ,5 and 9 weeks :sadface:
May 09 another shock natural :BFP: Perfect little boy born 12 feb 2010.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE