You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

landi

Superstar

• "landi" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 5th 2008

Children: One gorgeous son born on 28th May 2010

Sunday, December 27th 2009, 6:31pm

Worried - sonographer was very rough at 12 week scan

Hi all,
I'm after some reassurance really.
On 22 Dec I went for my 12 week scan. Baby was sitting bolt upright and facing forward, so in order to get a good photo I had to lift my hips and wiggle them about. It still wasn't moving so then had to jump up and down and wiggle my hips. This I could understand and didn't feel as though baby was being affected by this.
But baby still wasn't wanting it's photo take so she was pressing into my tummy so hard. She was then pushing the scanning thing really hard and fast on my tummy to try to get baby to move. she was then wiggling the scanning thing about whilt still pushing it in really heard to my tummy.
I'm now worried that she has hurt my baby. My tummy felt bruised after, although there was no visible bruise. My tummy was tender for about 4 days after.
I'm sending myself into such a panic about how baby is.
HELP!!
Laura x

LAURA
28.05.10 My miracle son Harry was born 5 weeks early, by c-section lurve

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Sunday, December 27th 2009, 7:14pm

Hi Laura

I had rough sonographers with my 13 and 20 week scans. My DD didn't cooperate for either scan so I was prodded hard and they did the pushing and wigging thing with me too. Please try not to worry, your LO is very well protected in your tummy despite the poking and prodding from the scan.

I would say if you are still concerned please phone your MW so she can put your mind at rest.

xxx

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

Mavis

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Sunday, December 27th 2009, 8:49pm

Believe me, your baby is SO well protected in there! Mother nature is very smart like that.
It's actually good the sonographer was so thorough, its important she got a good image. But no wonder your tummy felt sore, they can be quite rough with the probe. Just remember while you were taking a battering, your baby will have been floating around completely unaware.
Try not to worry, but as Polly says, your midwife will be able to put your mind at rest.

M
x

My Diary
10 years, 5 cycles, and 3 beautiful children.
My family is complete :heart: :heart: :heart:

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Sunday, December 27th 2009, 10:25pm

Please try not to worry sweetheart - as the others have said, your baby is extremely well protected. Also, you may have to get used to some rough bump treatment - i have found the midwives to be quite brutal at times! X

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

landi

Superstar

• "landi" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 5th 2008

Children: One gorgeous son born on 28th May 2010

Monday, December 28th 2009, 9:54am

Thanks ladies,
That's just what I needed to hear. I feel better now.
XX

LAURA
28.05.10 My miracle son Harry was born 5 weeks early, by c-section lurve

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Monday, December 28th 2009, 9:17pm

i have found the midwives to be quite brutal at times! X

Hell yes! I'm sure mine poked my spine a few times! :snigger:

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13