You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "cherryblossom" started this thread

Reg: Oct 22nd 2009

Children: None

Monday, December 21st 2009, 6:15pm

So frightened

I am 12 weeks pregnant with twins on Friday and am due my first scan tomorrow (after IVF). Everything has been fine until today. When I went to the bathroom I discovered I had a brown discharge (sorry TMI). I tried not to panic and phoned obstetric triage who advised not to panic and this can be normal and not to worry and wait for my scan tomorrow. This has become pink and watery since then - I called again and they said if it gets heavier and is accompanied by any other symptoms, to come straight in. I'm so frightened and keep thinking this is it. It's all gone so well so far now it seems to be going wrong. I'm so sad and just want it stop. This meant everything after 7 years now it's all slipping away from us.

I was told after my last smear and after ET that I has cervical erosion but I don't think this is what this is. I feel different now and no longer have any pregnancy symptoms.

This is going to be the longest 24 hours (scan tomorrow at 3.10pm). Just want everything to be ok.
Cherry Blossom x

Mavis

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Monday, December 21st 2009, 6:28pm

I'm so sorry you have this worry Cherryblossom :cuddle

I had bleeding several times throughout my pregnancy, including having mild cramps and passing a clot. It's not a good thing to have, but bleeding is more common with twins because you have two placentas in there.

And for what its worth, I never had any pregnancy symptoms either.

Hang on in there, there is every chance you will see two beautiful babies tomorrow.

M
x

My Diary
10 years, 5 cycles, and 3 beautiful children.
My family is complete :heart: :heart: :heart:

Reg: Apr 5th 2009

Children: Blessed with a beautiful little boy

Monday, December 21st 2009, 7:51pm

Hi Cherryblossom, sorry you are going through this. I too have had bleeds throughout my pregnancy, four in total and everything is going well. Will keep my fingers crossed for you tomorrow, try to remain positive although I know that is harder said than done but as Mavis said theres every chance that you'll see two beautiful babies. Good luck xxx
Cheryl
1st ICSI blessed with Aiden Reece Parkin born 01.01.10

Monday, December 21st 2009, 10:31pm

Will be thinking of you xxx

Germany

Reg: Nov 12th 2007

Children: Twin boys born April '10 thanks to ICSI

Tuesday, December 22nd 2009, 9:28am

Cherryblossom, I really hope your scan goes well today. Pregnancy symptoms like nausea and tiredness have often gone by 12 weeks, so try not to let this worry you. My nausea disappeared by about 11 weeks I think.

Bry

Star

Reg: Mar 25th 2009

Children: Twins born in may 2010!

Tuesday, December 22nd 2009, 11:39am

Hi Cherryblossom

I also had bleeeding (for about 4 weeks) and am having twins too. I know just how terrifying it is. Every scan i have had has been fine and there is no sign of any pronlems with the babies. I have pretty much stopped feeling sick and I think these symptoms can tail off around now anyway. It sounds like you are not in any pain either which is a really good sign.

I hope your scan is reassuring today...

:hugs:

My Diary - Bry and the Flumps!

1st IVF March 09 :BFP: mm/c at 9 weeks :bawl:
2nd IVF Oct 09 :BFP: [zx076] [zx076]

Reg: Feb 23rd 2007

Children: 1 Gorgeous little boy

Tuesday, December 22nd 2009, 11:46am

Hi Cherryblossom

I have also had some bleeding, I had red spotting last Thurs and then brown on Sunday, I had a scan yesterday and everything was fine and was told not to worry!!

Hope everything goes well today and you see your beautiful babies wriggling away

xxx

Ros

Megastar

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: twin girls thanks to PGD!

Tuesday, December 22nd 2009, 1:00pm

Hope all is well today Cherryblossom. Thinking of you x

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,
beautiful twin girls born 8th Feb 2010, we are so grateful

Mavis

United Kingdom

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Tuesday, December 22nd 2009, 6:12pm

How did it go Cherryblossom?
I hope all is ok,
M
x

• "cherryblossom" started this thread

Reg: Oct 22nd 2009

Children: None

Tuesday, December 22nd 2009, 7:31pm

Mixed emotions - sad but happy

Thank you for all your kind words. The scan went fine today - one healthy growing wee baby bouncing all over the place. Unfortunately, there was only one. Twin 2 had no heartbeat and was much smaller than Twin 1 and the Sonographer thinks it stopped growing at around 9 weeks.

I'm upset at the thought of what could've been but delighted and relieved that everything looks like it's going well with my baby. It measured exactly 11 weeks 3 days and was very lively. I do obviously feel sad but I still feel very blessed that I'm in this position at all. I just want to focus on the 'positive' and not dwell too much on this.

The spotting appears to have stopped as well so hopefully that continues.

Thank you ladies for showing such concern. I wish you all healthy and happy pregnancies with your twinnies - 2010 will be our year! [zx127]
Cherry Blossom x

Reg: Apr 5th 2009

Children: Blessed with a beautiful little boy

Tuesday, December 22nd 2009, 8:00pm

Oh so sorry about your lost twin. But over the moon for you that you have a healthy baby growing well. Take care xxx
Cheryl
1st ICSI blessed with Aiden Reece Parkin born 01.01.10

Reg: Jan 2nd 2009

Children: None yet, but still hopeful

Tuesday, December 22nd 2009, 8:08pm

Like Cheryl I'm so sorry to hear about your lost twin and happy that your baby is still healthy and growing.
Me 36 DH 43
TTC since 1998 - 'unexplained'
Endo on bowel, ovaries and lots of scarring/adhesions found early 2009, removed in July 09
Scan 3 months later and all grown back worse than before
Awaiting funding approval for IVF and hope to start early 2010

:hello:
Come and visit me at my NEW IVF Diary - Froggie's IVF Diary

Mavis

United Kingdom

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Tuesday, December 22nd 2009, 8:16pm

You must be having such mixed emotions, I am so sorry for your lost twin :cuddle
It is wonderful that you your saw your little one bouncing all over the place.
I hope the spotting stays well away, and that by this time this year, your little one will be bouncing all around your house (and destroying your Christmas decorations).
Much love to you,
M
x

Reg: Feb 23rd 2007

Children: 1 Gorgeous little boy

Wednesday, December 23rd 2009, 10:08am

Sorrry to hear your news honey, but you are doing the best thing and concentrating on the positives and that lovely bouncy baby you saw on the screen, take care xxxxx