You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "pushoz" started this thread

Reg: Mar 9th 2008

Children: Otis and Ava, July 2010 following successful FERC

Thursday, December 3rd 2009, 4:43pm

When to tell work

I know this is a mad question but when did everyone tell work about their pregnancy. My boss knows a little bit about my treatment but actually hasn't asked how things have gone so he doesn't know I'm pregnant. ANyway DH asked when I'm going to tell them, when I said there is no rush as long as I do it before 6 months he said great idea. NO not really.

Oh I don't want to say anythign too soon but at the same time.....
Pushoz
1st ICSI July 09- BFN

FET Oct/Nov - BFP

It's Twins!!!!!

landi

Superstar

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 5th 2008

Children: One gorgeous son born on 28th May 2010

Thursday, December 3rd 2009, 5:07pm

Hi Pushoz,

I told my work officially in writing at about 6 weeks. I did this because it said in the maternity policy that you are only entilited to maternity benefits which cover me throughout my pregnancy.

It also means that they can risk assess your work and put in place any alterations needed to support you through your pregnancy.

Laura xx

LAURA
28.05.10 My miracle son Harry was born 5 weeks early, by c-section lurve

Reg: Apr 5th 2009

Children: Blessed with a beautiful little boy

Thursday, December 3rd 2009, 5:37pm

I think by law you have to tell them by about 20 weeks or thereabouts, cant remember but it is late on, but you really should tell them beforehand so they can do a risk assessment, plus as Laura said, if you're entitled to benefits in your contract you are best telling them straightaway. I told my boss when I got my BFP at 4weeks.
Cheryl
1st ICSI blessed with Aiden Reece Parkin born 01.01.10

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Thursday, December 3rd 2009, 6:15pm

Hiya,

I told work straight away. I work with heavy stuff so had to have a risk assessment stright away as I didn't want to risk anything happening.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Australia

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: Boy/Girl Twins - Feel blessed everday...

Thursday, December 3rd 2009, 7:32pm

I've PM'd you with a leaflet. Hope it helps hon. xxxx
Rachel blowkiss

#1 ICSI Sept 09 - Chem preg
#2 ICSI Nov 09 - Chem preg
#3 ICSI May 10 - BFP: Twins!!! :girl: :boy:

Jodie

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Saturday, December 5th 2009, 10:11pm

Evening! A lot of people wait until after they've hit the 12 week mark. The sooner you say though, the sooner you can be risk assessed etc, which may be a real advantage, depending on your job.

I told my employer at about 7 weeks with DD1 (because I was bleeding and wanted time off) and immediately I found out with DD2 (because I'd been very upfront about having IVF so they were waiting to find out!).

Good luck with your pregnancy.

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

JVA

Ace

Reg: Jun 14th 2009

Children: Gorgeous little boy Henry

Sunday, December 6th 2009, 9:30am

RE: When to tell work

Hi Pushoz,

I told my close work colleagues at 6wks and then my boss and HR at 7wks, mainly cos of my sickness! I was feeling so dreadful and ended up having time off work so I had to tell them to ensure that I was protected.

I had been very worried about telling them, as I work in a very male dominated environment and I knew that my career will be written off as soon as I told them plus I did want to wait until 12wks but then the decision was out of my hands really. However, I am really glad that I did, as my it was such a relief in the end!

From what I have read about maternity rights etc, its a requirement that you tell them at least 15wks before your expected date in order to benefit from maternity pay. How anybody could leave it this late I have no idea, as you would obviously look preggers!!

I saw your post on the morning sickness the other day - hope you are feeling ok. I was beside myself at first with the sickness, it really got me down but I am kind of getting a bit more used to it now!

Good luck x
Jessica

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE