You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Wednesday, December 23rd 2009, 5:48pm

Hello everyone,

Well what a day!! Today I have spent the afternoon in the antenatal unit thingy in the hospital as LO decided that she wasn't going to move today. Had to get all strapped up to the monitors for 40 mins and 36 minutes in after the lady said I would have to have an ultrasound if she wasn't playing she decided to grace us with her presence and give us a few kicks!! Usually LO is really really active but today I've had nothing!! Just practicing stressing me out I think!!

We're going across to the village church tonight for a hog roast and mulled wine!! How countrified!!!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

• "angels&babies" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 26th 2008

Children: Annalise Joy Morrison born December 2009 from 2nd ICSI.........4 Snow Babies on ice,x

Wednesday, December 23rd 2009, 9:41pm

Congratulations Sacha, So glad that your wee boys arrived safely.

I can't believe they had teeth!

Hope everyone else is well. I see afew more of you are approaching your big days, good luck with that.

I shall pop by to see how you are all doing,xx

2nd ICSI March 2009 :BFP:
4 Top Grade 1 Frosties in Waiting for next time!
bab21
My Diary

Fi'smum

United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 14th 2009

Children: 2 dd 1978 ds 1980 And 1 gorgeous granddaughter 2010 and a handsome grandson 2012

Wednesday, December 23rd 2009, 10:02pm

Congratulations Sacha! Great sizes for twins too! I'm glad you finally posted, I was wondering what had happened to you!

Probably won't have time to visit tomorrow, so I hope you all have a lovely Christmas. xmas43

pamelag088

Superstar

Reg: Oct 20th 2008

Children: tj born 20/11/09

Thursday, December 24th 2009, 2:02am

wow lisa what a little cutie,
Merry christmas to everyone hope you all have lovely days

Moogle

Reg: Sep 12th 2008

Children: A little boy and a baby girl watched over by their brother in the stars xxx

Thursday, December 24th 2009, 1:40pm

Congratulations Sacha on your double bundles of joy - what a lovely Christmas pressie! :D Hope you're all doing well today.

Flic, I'm glad to hear everything's ok with your LO. My wee rascal still has very quiet days too, which freaks me out, but he usually starts to boogie just when I decide that's it I'm ringing the midwife!

I'm still getting loads of Braxton Hicks, some quite nippy now, and at Tuesdays appointment they said LO's now 2/5 palpable - eek! I still think it'll be 2010 before we meet him though. Got to get through Crimbo with the in-laws first - am even having to give up our bedroom for them :cross: FIL has a bad back and can't sleep on our guest bed - yeah, and it's going to be so comfy for the 8.5 month pregnant lady eh? Suppose it's only for two nights...

Anyway, enough bah humbug, I hope you all have a lovely Christmas!

Lxxx

BFP Jan 2008: M/C at 13 weeks
BFP April 2009: Fantastic Finlay born 3/1/2010 xx
BFP May 2011: Beautiful Brodie born asleep 2/1/2012 xx
BFP June 2012: M/C at 5 weeks
BFP Oct 2012: Cuddly Kira born 6/6/2013 xx

My diary: Sunshine, Stars and Rainbows

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Thursday, December 24th 2009, 1:57pm

Hello!

Moogle - I wasn't really too worried but you know that niggling feeling that just won't go away, so I called my m/w expecting some advice to get her moving and they sent me straight to hospital!! I'm thinking that LO is starting to run out of room and was having a stubborn day. Thats exactly what she did, she waited literally till the last minute before she decided to have a jiggle!

I can't believe you have to give up your bedroom!! That is wekk harsh!!

I hope everyone has a lovely day tomorrow!!

Turkey

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: 1 boy, 1 girl

Thursday, December 24th 2009, 3:00pm

Congratulations Sacha!!

Well that's me finished work yipeeeeeee. MW appoitment was cancelled because of the weather here so going next week instead.

Away to clean the house now lol x

Reg: Apr 5th 2009

Children: Blessed with a beautiful little boy

Thursday, December 24th 2009, 4:16pm

Aw Lisa your little girl is a cutie xx

My MW was cancelled this morning as well, well actually she gave me the option of keeping it or having it on Tuesday instead so chose Tuesday because I was supposed to be having a sweep today and really did want to encourage Peanut to arrive on xmas day!!!

Had, well might of had, another bleed this morning - quite strange really, i'd literally put the phone down with the MW and then went to the loo and there was bright red spotting in my knickers but yet couldnt find any evidence of a bleed! Anyway delivery suite told me to put a pad on and keep checking it and keep an eye on babys movements for a couple of hours and if I was unhappy to ring them back and they'd get me in for assessment. But anyway alls been well since thank god.

Wow Moogle that is a bit harsh having to give up your bed when you're heavily pregnant. Do you have a spare duvet you can put under the sheet to make it a bit more comfortable? Thats what I had to do with my old bed because it was crippling my back and hips, ended up buying a new one in the end.

Well hope everyone has a fantastic Christmas :xmas4: :xxx3:
Cheryl
1st ICSI blessed with Aiden Reece Parkin born 01.01.10

Reg: Jul 3rd 2007

Children: Apr 2009- Suprise Natural BFP!!!

Thursday, December 24th 2009, 5:40pm

Moogle- giving up your bed. What a saint!!!

Saw MW today. 8 days to go. Baby has dropped but still not engaged. Asked how much she thought LO might weigh. She said she never guessed as wasn't very good and that I would hold it against her if she said 6lbs and I had a 9lb-er... do you think that means she thinks I'm having a 9lb baby?!?! BP and wee all good. Isn't it amazing how intersted we becaome in our wee!

Well, have a grand Xmas. Wonder if anyone will have an extra suprise tomorrow?

Was hoping my LO would put in an appearance before the Next sale so I could go mad on pink or blue stuff but have decided I'd rather wait and not spend Xmas in hospital. LOL!
[/align]

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Thursday, December 24th 2009, 5:48pm

hi everyone and merry christmas!!!!

Sorry to hear that some of you have scares when your LO isn't moving. I've been really lucky with that and mine moves all the time. And at about 10pm every night it seems to have a mental, disco dancing hour!

Had a rough day yesterday and felt pretty unwell but have bounced back today and had a walk in the beautiful snow. Really have no idea when it will put in an appearance but, if I were a betting woman I'd say I will go to 40 weeks (2nd Jan) and probably beyond. My friend had her baby boy at 8.20am today, after being induced last night. She called from the hospital this morning to tell me all about it. It was so exciting to speak to her and made me even more impatient but I don;t really want a Christmas day baby so it can stay put until at least Monday now!

Hope you all manage to find room for Christmas dinner tomorrow xxx

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

Reg: Jul 27th 2008

Children: IVF/ICSI miracle born 06 Jan 2010

Thursday, December 24th 2009, 6:43pm

Hi all,

Lisa, your little girl is so adorable, cant wait til its my turn.

Flic, glad your LO is ok, i have phoned twice with concern over lack of movement (20 + 28 weeks) and been sent to get monitored straight away which is fab they give us that reassurance.

Moogle, i cant believe your giving up your bed, hope you manage to get sleep though as dont want you going into labour when shattered. It is scary when they start to engage, mine was 3/5th 1.5 weeks ago (i got all excited until mw said it doesn mean anything about an iminent labour).

bride2b, hope you managed to get your housework done, me and DH got ours done this morning before visitors

Cheryl, hope everything is ok with you and the bleeding stops so you can enjoy xmas before LO arrives

Dilly, glad everything went well at mw, yep we get so obsessed with aall our details (i doubt im the only one who reads my notes about 10 times after each app)

Jensqui, thats fab news about your friend, bet your getting mega excited now.

AFM, well all finished at work yesterday woohoo, and got the house sorted this morning for my mum and brother coming (need to head out shortly to pick them up from train station). Cant believe im considered term from tomorrow its so exciting.

DH had a chat with LO to ask her not to come until after Gran and unccle leave :snigger: i still think she will be late so no concerns from me about an early arrival, really dont want a xmas baby as i hated it as a child - pressies once a year and i never got a party as mum was always too busy (not that im still sore about that or anything :snigger: ).

have an excellent Christmas everyone

TTC 4 yrs
Me - 32 yrs, DH - 32 yrs
clomid then IVF

1st IVF Apr 09 :BFP: bab21

• "angels&babies" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 26th 2008

Children: Annalise Joy Morrison born December 2009 from 2nd ICSI.........4 Snow Babies on ice,x

Thursday, December 24th 2009, 9:15pm

:xmas46: HOPE EVERYONE HAS A LOVELY CHRISTMAS DAY!

2nd ICSI March 2009 :BFP:
4 Top Grade 1 Frosties in Waiting for next time!
bab21
My Diary

Reg: Mar 17th 2009

Children: HOLLY HOUSE

Thursday, December 24th 2009, 9:39pm

Hello everyone just popping on as boys are sleeping- bu t not for long !!

thank you for all your nice messages and i want to wish you all a great christmas and fab new year!!

Lisa congrats on ur baby girl she is a beaut and a real pretty name too x

who else had babys whilst i was away was it vanessa ? and who else im so so sorry for forgetting i put it all down to lack of sleep.
BFP APRIL 09 FIRST TIME WITH ICSI expecting twins !!

Turkey

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: 1 boy, 1 girl

Thursday, December 24th 2009, 11:06pm

Janey i did manage to get all the cleaning done,house is looking lovely. Had a quiet night tonight,had a nice bath and me and DH got a chinese delivered.

Hope everyone has a fantastic christmas and Santa is good to you all

xx

• "Happy Christine" is 48 years old today

Reg: Feb 9th 2009

Children: One precious little son born 2/2/10

Thursday, December 24th 2009, 11:17pm

Hi Girls just wanted to wish you all a Happy Christmas and New Year. I hope that you all have a great day today and that you get the gifts that you want.

Christine xx

Keep happy and healthy xxx

Reg: Apr 19th 2009

Children: 1 long awaited baby girl through IVF

Thursday, December 24th 2009, 11:45pm

Merry Christmas to you all - hope these Christmas Babies come on time!!!

xmas45 xmas45 xmas45
MITZYMOO

IVF #1 - April 09 - test 25.4.09 :BFP:

bab21

Friday, December 25th 2009, 1:18pm

xmas33 Merry Christmas Everyone

TTC 4 yrs
Me - 32 yrs, DH - 32 yrs
clomid then IVF

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Saturday, December 26th 2009, 8:19pm

Hello everyone!!

I hope everyone had a good Christmas!?

Pleased I'm not the only one having worries when LO stops moving. Well, saying that I wasn't worried as such, well, I was but I was more calm than I thought I would be if anything happened. It was only after that I thought 'flippin heck!!'

I am proper stuffed now too. I had no idea it would be so difficult to eat at Christmas! LO decided to move really high up under my ribs so my food was just sat for ages being pushed about!

My back is killing now too :sadface: Right up the right side where my ribs are!

Gonna have a chill out and lie in tomorrow I think!!!

Reg: Aug 28th 2007

Children: One due in Jan, 10.

Sunday, December 27th 2009, 1:43pm

Hello ladies, hope you all had a good christmas. No more baby news on here. Who's next? Is it you Cheryl?

JENSQUI

Megastar

Sunday, December 27th 2009, 2:09pm

hope everyone enjoyed Christmas! is still full of snow in our garden.

Had a few pains yesterday but settled down after a couple of hours and nothing since. I feel like the baby has moved down a bit but I could be wrong!

Yep, think it is Cheryl next then Dilly and me. I'm 39 + 1 today

xxx

BFP Jun 08 - early loss

Sunday, December 27th 2009, 2:23pm

Oh god! Am I actually 2nd on the list now... doesn't seem very long ago we were watching all the other girlies and waiting for them to pop... now WE are on bump watch!!!

I don't have any 'inkling' on when the baby is coming. MIL is sure it will be this week- before Fridays due date. LO is still really active. I'm having a few twinges but no real pain or Braxton Hicks that I know of. Don't think I've had a show yet either. I've not had any urge to nest but this afternoon did put together babies changing bag. Not sure if that has any effect. OH is at work and couldn't find where he had put the changing bag... got really frustarted and felt like crying. Looked in the same place about 12 times until inspiration hot and I found it downstairs. Also checked babies hopital bag... found that we had packed 6-9 months vests not Newborn... Oops!

Well, good luck Cheryl and Jensqui... do you think any of us will be early?!?!

Dils xxx
[/align]

Sunday, December 27th 2009, 2:41pm

Hi all,

Hope everyone had a good christmas.

So exciting to find out who will be next out of Cheryl, Dilly and Jensqui, cant wait and hoping you guys break the late cycle going on in this thread before its my turn.

Im shattered after running about after my guests over xmas, there train was cancelled earlier but hoping they get on a later one ok xfingers , DH has been great but is also shattered as been a long few days.

Have mw again on tuesday so hoping lo has grown ok (measured 3-4 cm small 2 weeks ago), apart from that im looking forward to getting some rest and the house tidyied up again

TTC 4 yrs
Me - 32 yrs, DH - 32 yrs
clomid then IVF

Sunday, December 27th 2009, 4:39pm

Yes looks like the race is on girls but i'll probably be last, this little one doesn't want to come out, think it must be very warm and comfortable in there. Peanut was really active xmas day and boxing day and is now having a quiet one, wish 'she' wouldnt do that but i'm not too worried, I have felt her several times, just prefer it when she's having her own private disco :dance: .

Having a bad day today, feeling really low and had a bit of a cry earlier, poor DP didnt know what to do. Supposed to be going to a 50th birthday party tonight but i just dont have it in me so not going to bother, think i'll just fester and feel sorry for myself at home.

Have MW on Tuesday and she'll do a sweep so will see if anything comes of that.

Hope everyone is ok and had a lovely Christmas xxx
Cheryl

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Sunday, December 27th 2009, 4:58pm

Hello everyone!!

Gosh, I feel soooo unorganised listening you you guys!! I've not even got a hospital bag! Maybe I should start making a list of what to put in there.

It does make me wonder whether it is comfy in there, especially what with all the wriggling they do, you'd think they'd be desperate to come out!

LO is really high up at the moment. Proper tucked under my ribs. And wriggling which is proper crushing my lungs to nothing!! I feel like a fat old man who can't catch his breath!

Reg: Mar 28th 2009

Children: 2 boys

Sunday, December 27th 2009, 5:39pm

hope everyones well n had a great time over the festive season..tv was crap tho eh?

got to ask why did they have to pull bubs teeth out??

Reg: Sep 7th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful wee son!

Sunday, December 27th 2009, 5:57pm

Hi ladies just wondering if I can join you all in the 3rd Tri!! I am 29 weeks+1 now and getting excited although a bit scared as babies are now actually born on here!!!!!
I was not vey active on the second tri chat as I am a big worrier and was scared most of the time of things going wrong and I am only now beginning to enjoy being pregnant if you know what I mean!?

Looking forward to getting to know you all and picking your brains!!!!

xxxx

Sunday, December 27th 2009, 6:37pm

Hi everyone hope that you all had a good christmas and that you all got loads of good things from Santa. I too hope that Cheryl, Jensqui and Dilly break the late baby arrival. I am getting bigger and bigger as the days go on. I measured a week bigger than I should when I was at mw last week. Bump is now begining to get in the way of me doing things, ie cutting toe nails, putting on tights. I find these too difficult to do now so it's trousers from here on in. Cheryl I'm sorry that your having a down day but I think at this time of year and with all our hormones raging we do have them. I had one yesterday but am better today, so hope that you feel better tomorrow. Jane I hope that you just rest up and take it easy and try and get some energy back after your visitors. I'm tired enough and I was out on Christmas day and my DH has been great and done most of the stuff at home. I'm just suffering from a bad back but will get DH to rub it later and hopefully it will ease off. Flic I wouldn't worry about your bad to much I only did mine about a week or so ago. Suzy it's good to see you on here and I hope that you had a great Christmas with your family. Poppit and all the one's with LO I hope that you all had a great time with them over Christmas. Sorry if I've missed anybody but baby brain is very active at present, can't remember a thing. Take care.

Christine xx

Sunday, December 27th 2009, 8:20pm

baby brain?? or PREGNESIA as i prefer to call it!! ive still got that and bubs is 3wks old now lol

welcome to the new ladies! and good luck to all whose babies are imminent!

Sunday, December 27th 2009, 9:30pm

My best friends child is 8 and she still has pregnesia lol, theres no hope i'm afraid, we're all doomed :tonguestretch:
Cheryl

Sunday, December 27th 2009, 10:07pm

well its a well known fact that womens brains shrink during pregnancy! perhaps it takes some of us more time than others for the old grey matter to regain its former glory.
im pretty good at reading a map (if i do say so myself) until im pregnant-then i get confused going to the local shop!!! pmsl

Fi'smum

United Kingdom

Children: 2 dd 1978 ds 1980 And 1 gorgeous granddaughter 2010 and a handsome grandson 2012

Monday, December 28th 2009, 5:57pm

Haven't been on for a few days - laptop was banished to the spare room for Christmas, just brought it back today. Hope you all had a lovely day, and glad to see no babies arrived to interrupt the festivities. Great to think that next Christmas you'll all have an extra stocking for Santa to fill!! :xmas4: though having said that, I filled a stocking for Tad, including the apple, orange and mint Matchmakers ( which Fi ate for him/her)

Poppit - you asked about Sacha's babies' teeth. When a baby is born with teeth, they are usually not firmly rooted in the gums, and fall out if they are left alone. However, that then means that the baby might swallow, or choke on them, so it's safer to pull them - they come out very easily.

Fiona has her m/w appt. tomorrow. Hope Tad has decided to get into a better position He was oblique last time ( lying diagonally) so she'll be sent for scan if no change. I remember Fi being oblique breech until I was about 38 weeks, then she turned by herself.I'll maybe go round tomorrow morning and do a bit of palpation myself :snigger:

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Monday, December 28th 2009, 6:14pm

Evening everyone!!

I didn't know your brain shrinks when pg....this is the best excuse ever!!!

I've not had Mint Matchmakers for years!! I also didn't know about the teeth thing. Its always good to know these things. I hope Fiona's m/w appointment goes well and baby is all ready to go!!

Well today Splodge has been moving a fair bit, not as rough as before so I'm guessing there's been a bit of growing and less room to beat me up in! However baby is very high up. I am huffing and puffing a lot, especially at night!

Going for a tour of the hospital tomorrow morning, even though I'm planning a home birth I think its definately a good thing to check the hospital out just in case!! The midwife who gives the tours and does the antenatal classes is fabulous. She's given me so much confidence that I'll be able to do all this. Especially the bf stuff. Has made the whole thing really positive which is great!

Me and DH have been deciding (arguing) over baby names. We've decided on a birst name, we had that picked out when we first started ttc! But trying to choose a middle name. Dh doesn't like anything I pick. But I've got my favourite and I've got a couple of months (hopefully!) to convince him.

Tuesday, December 29th 2009, 12:11am

flic..the name thing lol
we had middle names sorted as soon as we found out the sex! the first name however was cosen a few days after he was born. we chose richard david for the middle names after my father and THE father
my other DS's middle names are after grandfather father(joseph brian james n robert sydney james with my ex). i did it as i thought it was a nice gesture...i think a few of the girls have similar name traditions

Tuesday, December 29th 2009, 10:14am

Hi ladies thanks for the welcome.

I am feeling fine except my shoes are not fitting as I have a little bit of swelling in my feet but my blood pressure is fine and DH says it is because I am short that the pressure of LO and not to worry! Also my hips are slightly sore especially during the night I have to keep changing sides DH says its like lying beside an elephant flapping around!!

I am going for my anti D injection next Tues I will be 30weeks+3. has anyone else had to have it and if so what is it like?

Hope you are all well and taking care in this frosty weather. It is really slippy out there!!

xx

January 09 - clomid 50mg & metformin - :BFN:
Feb/March 09 Clomid 100mg & metformin - :BFP:
2nd April - M/C :bawl:
May 09 Clomid 100mg & metformin - :BFN:
June 09 Clomid 100mg & metformin - :BFP:
23rd July Scan 6weeks+4 - One healthy :heart:
27th Aug Scan 11weeks+5 - One lively little baby kicking and waving
20 week Scan all good!
16th Dec Growth Scan - weighing 2pounds 4oz!!

Tuesday, December 29th 2009, 10:36am

Hi all,

Welcome SMD to the 3rd tri :D

Fi's mum, i hope Fi's app goes well today and the baby behaves and turns.

Baby brain, yep i def believe it exists - its the only explanation :snigger:

The name thing i still find really confusing, we have decided against middle name as think it would cause family issues if we names the baby after a member of 1 side and not the other (hints have been dropped on both sides).

How are all the imminent mummies doing?

Hope everyone is well

AFM, well a bit worried at the moment as just back from the mw and little one is measureing even smaller, was 3-4 weeks small 2 weeks ago and now 4-5 weeks small - gap just keeps getting bigger. The mw couldnt get me an app for a scan today but i have to go back to hospital at 4pm to see the consultant :sadface:

TTC 4 yrs
Me - 32 yrs, DH - 32 yrs
clomid then IVF

JENSQUI

Megastar

Tuesday, December 29th 2009, 12:06pm

hi everyone - I am still here and, I reckon, will be continuing the trend of late arrivals by not delivering this week!! Still covered in snow and ice so a bit restricted in going out - stir crazy inside the house!! Al at work for a couple of days so home alone too.

Welcome to the third tri Suzy - my feet haven't been the same for months and I couldn;t fit into most of my shoes. I have been living in some cheap, Ugg-style boots purchased from TK Maxx - ultra comfy and warm!
Do you sleep with a pillow between your knees? I can recommend this (as does my physio friend) for helping with hip and pelvic pain.

Have to say that I haven't suffered at all from pregnancy brain - people at work kept expecting me to, but hasn't affected me at all!

Janey - I have replied on your other thread. Please try not to worry - you are seeing the cons swiftly and if they have any concerns they will act. Might admit you to hospital for monitoring but I am confident you will receive good care and attention. You are over 37w now and LO will be fine if born. In the meantime, will you please do as your told and rest, rest, rest!!!
xxx

BFP Jun 08 - early loss

Tuesday, December 29th 2009, 1:27pm

Hi everyone hope that you are all ok. Jane I'm sorry that you are having this worry but I hope that you get some reasurance when you see the consultant this pm. Try and take it easy before you go and just rest up ( easier said than done). Hope that all goes well and I have everything crossed for you. Suzy I hope that your BP stays well and that you manage to find some shoes to be comfy in. I like how you said in your diary that you struggled to put on some shoes, I know how you feel I can't get tights on and can only ware shoes that don't need fastening otherwise I need to get DH to do it. He had to help me put my boots on and take them off the other day. As for seeing lady garden I haven't seen that for a while so will need to get DH to do some trimming for me. Jensqui I was hoping that you would break the late arrival cycle. I know what you mean about going stir crazy in the house it's driving me nuts and the TV is rubbish so can't even indulge in that. As for name we have a couple chosen and I don't care what others think they will just have to like it or lump it. We are naming the lo what we want but I don't tend to use family names apart from for middle names. Hope everyone is taking care out on the roads and pavements with all this snow and ice.

Christine xx

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Tuesday, December 29th 2009, 1:39pm

Hello ladies!!

Jane - I'm sorry you're having to go in and see the cons. I hope they can get you scanned and sorted.

For our first name we're naming after grandparents, DH actually chose it because he loves the name but I really really love my middle name. Its a bit out there, but its sooooo pretty!!

Been for a tour of the hospital today. Definately want to stay at home!!

Fi'smum

United Kingdom

Tuesday, December 29th 2009, 3:16pm

Pregnancy brain??? I don't think I've recovered yet !!!!( it's only been 31 years!!) Fi's appt isn't today - it's NEXT TUESDAY whoops3

She finished work last Tues. (school hols) but maty leave officially starts after New Year. I think she's very happy to be off!! happydance

Suzy - anti-D is no worse than any other injection - a wee bit nippy but not sore afterwards.

Jane - I replied on your other thread too.

Jen - I hope you don't have too much longer to wait for jellybean's arrival baby2

Tuesday, December 29th 2009, 6:47pm

Hello everyone,

Jane, i'm sorry you're having this worry, hope all goes well with the consultant. My best friend had that and she had to go for scans quite often but all was well and my godson weighed just over 6 pounds.

Suzy, get yourself a body pillow, i've suffered quite badly with my hips but the body pillow really helps. I surround myself with pillows on a night. Also, it might help to fold a single duvet and put it under your sheet for you to lie on, I did that before we bought a memory foam mattress.

Christine, ladygarden whats that lol, havent seen mine in so long. I shave blind and just hope for the best, i'm a bit scared of getting DP to do it, the silly sod would probably shave his initials in or something pmsl

Well got up this morning and had a bit of a show then went to midwife and she did a sweep, she couldnt really get to my cervix but she had a bit of blood on her glove and said that was a good sign. Anyway just been to the loo and had more blood, ended up ringing the MAC though because there was a clot and it worried me a bit but they said it was perfectly normal and as long as blood isnt pouring out of me and the baby is moving normally then not to worry. So it might not be long for me then, ooh i'm a bit scared :tear: . Booked in for an induction next Tuesday if nothing happens before then.

Hope everyones well and you never know my next post might be as a mummy biggrin2
Cheryl

Tuesday, December 29th 2009, 7:00pm

Hi guys,

Well im back from my app and i must say they checked me over throughly.

had a scan and LO does appear to not have grown much since my last scan 3 weeks ago, tummy measurement is 3 weeks behind but they couldnt get the head again and fluid is borderline but ok for now, blood flow through placenta looks ok as well. Then they hooked me up to the HR monitor for a while, basically LO seems happy enough apart from being small.

i have to go back to get monitored again and have a cervix exam on Thursday and another scan next Tuesday then they will see from there, was told it is very unlikely they will let me go past my due date.

Im just glad they will keep an eye on LO as all i want is for my LO to come into the world ok

jensqui, i know what you mean about going stir crazy at home due to the weather, im now well and truely fed up with snow.

christine, im the same with shoes, due to the weather i need to wear my walking boots with lces so thats DHs new job :snigger:

Flic, its good you saw the hospital and think your so brave going for a home birth

cheryl, i hope the sweep works to bring on labour, i hope your not too worried, just think you will very soon meet your little baby :D

Hope everyone else is well

TTC 4 yrs
Me - 32 yrs, DH - 32 yrs
clomid then IVF

Tuesday, December 29th 2009, 7:22pm

Ladies thanks for the advice I will be def sleeping with a pillow between my legs tonight to see if that helps!!!
Jane glad that you got a scan and that they are keeping a close eye on you.
Fi's mum I hate injections at the best of times but DH is coming with me next Tue so I am sure it will be fine.

As for LO moving about a lot today feels like my tummy is wobbling at times!! Also feels that a foot or fist or something is very high up under my right boob!!!! but the movement is all around my belly button or below!!!

20 week Scan all good!

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Tuesday, December 29th 2009, 7:23pm

Hello everyone,

Cheryl - re Lady gardens, this is the reason I will not let DH do mine. I shave blind too and then when I look in the full length mirror after I have tuffty bits and usually am lopsided! I am half tempted to take it all off before the birth but then I think about all the itchiness when it grows back!! Ooooh, not long for you then honey!! Good luck!!

Jane - I've replied on your thread. Sooooo pleased they're looking after you. I don't feel brave at all!! I'm secretly petrified of having a home birth but think I'll be more relaxed and really hate hospitals. Just walking round having a look made me nervous today.

Suzy - I love all the movement!! Its so strange seeing you're belly move isn't it!!?? Mine sometimes has a proper jiggle on!!

AFM - Feeling down today. Had a bit of a barney with DH (he didn't really do anything) and I got upset and cried and went to bed for a few hours. LO has been keeping me up all night again which is good but not good at the same time. I'm just exhausted. Also just can't get comfy in bed anymore. I've tried to sleep with a pillow between my legs, a wedge under my bump, one behind my back, baby doesn't like it one bit. LO just likes to roam free I think.

Reg: Aug 28th 2007

Children: One due in Jan, 10.

Wednesday, December 30th 2009, 10:42am

hi ladies and bumps, no more baby news, cheryl, dilly, and jen come on.

jane its good they are keeping a close eye on you.

i have had some period pains but nothing now. so i am waiting too and hoping that lo will be here soon. he is getting impatient too and has been kicking and punching and pushing his head down on my cervix to find a way out. :snigger:

Wednesday, December 30th 2009, 8:24pm

No news from me yet. Think I'll go late, was really hoping to break the pattern. Baby has been very active today, plenty of twinges down below but nothing that makes me think birth is imminent. Got MW appointment tomorrow. DP at work so taking Mum so she can hear the heart beat. No doubt will live to regret that decision as she will just get over excited!

My maternity TENS arrived this morning. Just hope labour occurs naturally, really do not want to be induced. Planning a water birth with minimal drugs... hmmm, let's see what happens once the pain kicks in though! I don't feel nervous about the impending labour but I am really anxious that things will be out of my control if I get induced. Bought some Raspberry Leaf Tea today to help things along. May have to start bothering DP for sex soon too. LOL!

Went to see Sherlock Holmes this evening... brilliant! The film 'crashed' 3 times so we got free tickets for another film. Great result... but not sure when we'll get the chance to go again once baba arrives.

Any plans for NYE? We're staying in. DP will need to stay relitively sober in case the contractions start though. Cannot cope with boozy fumes being breathed over me now I don't drink! LOL!
[/align]

Wednesday, December 30th 2009, 10:48pm

dilly the RLT doesnt apparently bring labour on but will help strengthen the unterine muscles...an on time baby would be nice, i think we've only had one so far!!

lady gardens eh? a right bowl of contention. got the DH to do mine so id be nice n tidy for the big show!! pmsl i can at last do n see my own now lol

Thursday, December 31st 2009, 8:57am

OH BUGGER!!!
[/align]

Thursday, December 31st 2009, 9:33am

Dilly, you do sounds as though you are all organised, RLT is yummy. Im just worried that the lady garden will grow out again before i give birth (had waxing a few weeks ago).

How is everyone else today? im guessing loads of people have quiet plans for new years, we are just heading up the road to our friends for some food and a few drinks (J2Os i think), well only a couple of people will be drinking due to me and my friend being pg (shes 23 weeks) and my DH not being able to drink just in case, still we have fireworks.

Im off to hospital again for more monitoring, LO has been quieter last night and this morning so glad im going in, then we get to brave the shops for some food (nothing in house apart from chocolate and biccies :snigger: )

take care all

TTC 4 yrs
Me - 32 yrs, DH - 32 yrs
clomid then IVF

Thursday, December 31st 2009, 9:42am

i'm having a few concerns with bloody discharge this morning thats worrying me but i've already posted on a different thread.

Jane, hope all goes well at hospital. We're not bothering going anywhere tonight, just gonna go to M&S and pick up something nice to eat then veg in front of tv. We did our proper food shop on Tuesday, took us ages to park but our supermarket is attached to quite a busy shopping centre so half of Leeds was there checking out the sales.

Dilly, hope alls well at MW. I've never had RLT but heard its nice.

Hope everyone has a fantastic New Years Eve :party: :xxx3:
Cheryl

Thursday, December 31st 2009, 10:51am

Hi ladies and bumps. Just wanting to wish you all a fantastic new year!!!

I am having a quite one as DH is working so I am going to spend it with my inlaws!!!! Will prob be asleep by ten.

As for lady gardens there is no way I would let DH at it god only know what a mess he would make!! think I will get it waxed and tidied up a bit before the big event although I will be mortified when she sees it! And then again why do we bother????

xx

20 week Scan all good!

2 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

2 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE