You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Feb 26th 2009

Children: Hartlepool

Tuesday, November 16th 2010, 8:12pm

Hey

Just thought I would pop in and say Hi! i am 29 weeks and so have come over to join you lovely ladies.
I recognise some of you from 2nd and 1st trimester!

I am having twins (2 boys) which are growing fine.I also have SPD (Sympis Pubis Disorder) basically for those who don't know pelvis moves when I move and is painful. Have been signed off work sick since 19 weeks pregnant due to this! I also being sick everyday that started this week which I hope is normal. Looking forward to babies arrival as love to meet them but also might start feeling better!

Am petrified of labour though!!!!
K
DRAMA QUEEN
1 m/c
2 ectopics both tubes removed
1st cycle IVF, 2 blasto 9.3.09
:BFP: but ended in m/c :sadface:
me 34 DP 41
IVF May 2010 and got :BFP:
2 babies all healthy so far and both boys! :D
SPD for me :bawl: Next scan 7th Jan xfingers for a decision to encourage babies to arrive!

Reg: Feb 9th 2010

Children: 1 perfect boy born after icsi tx

Tuesday, November 16th 2010, 10:19pm

Hi all, l had, and still am having a crap few days, will not bring down this lovely thread but have posted in my diary.

NH I am delighted to hear you won't need a CS after all. Dramaqueen welcome, sorry to hear of your SPD but I'm sure your 2 little men will make it all worthwhile when they arrive. Claire my bump has dropped in the last few day too, thank God, I was struggling to eat as I felt there just wasn't room inside. Hope everyone else is keeping well. :xxx3: p.s any news on how Kelly is getting on with the twins?

FET JAN 2012 - 2 embies :BFN:
2 still on ice for another day xfingers

My Diary

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "hopeful h" (Nov 16th 2010, 10:20pm)

Reg: Feb 18th 2010

Wednesday, November 17th 2010, 9:00am

Hi Ladies

Good sign you can breath now Claire, although do you have to go to the loo more often now for a number 1? I swear my little one keeps kicking me in the bladder !! They say if you’re wanting a number 2 a lot labour isn’t too far off !

Hi Blessings, good to see you moving over to the third trimester, it goes so quickly doesn’t it !

NH – The horse is going natural after all !!! That’s great news, I know what you mean though, when I was told at 20 weeks I had a very low lying placenta totally covering the OS and they didn’t think there was much chance of it moving, you prepare yourself for a section, then, when it did move its like the world of the unknown… actually having to give birth. I guess we just have to go with the flow 

Dmh36 – sorry you are getting pains and are a bit uncomfortable and hoping your cold goes soon, its that time of year again isn’t it. 4 days, wow, not long at all.

Bouncy – Chill out girl, have a PJ and sofa day – must be done !

Dramaqueen- Welcome to the 3rd Trimester ! awww the SPD doesn’t sound too much fun but so good that you have 2 growing boys on board. I am too petrified of labour, but the closer you get it gets mixed with excitement aswell.

Hey Hopeful – Sorry to hear you are having a bad time hun, will be praying that your mum gets better soon, I’m sure you are feeling very stressed and upset at the moment but if you need to talk or you need to let of some steam we are always here. If you have facebook I can send you my details. Em x

AFM – Well full service for me this week.. .dentist Monday, Hairdresser today and opticians tomorrow. The dentist was really funny on Monday, he was scared of me !!! lol. 2 weeks earlier a lady’s waters broke on his chair and he said it went EVERYWHERE and they had to shut the surgery for an hour to clean up. She’d been sent away from the hospital at 3cm dilated and decided to go to the dentist ! Anyway dentist had a quick look – and I mean quick – he was keen to get me out and booked in for January now for a proper clean. It’s a good job he didn’t do much work as I felt really dizzy when I got up from the chair.

Been generally pottering about, I like this non-working lark, Got some wrapping paper yesterday and wrapped up the Christmas pressies and also cleaned the bathroom from top to toe AND painted the bathroom door. I keep noticing cobwebs aswell which is starting to get annoying.

Still not sleeping very well, anxiety, needing the loo, feeling stiff, achy and uncomfortable plus not seeing much of DH lately as although he works from home he’s been working every minute of the day lately – yesterday he did 15 hours.. hopefully this will get better soon.

IUI - February 2010 - :BFN:
IUI - March 2010 - :BFP: :boy:
26/11/2010 - baby Samuel born

MY DIARY

Reg: Mar 27th 2009

Wednesday, November 17th 2010, 9:59am

I thought it was time to be brave and move into the 3rd trimester – knock knock!

Some of you will know me from earlier threads, but here’s a quick summary of me and the pregnancy so far:

It’s a singleton IVF pregnancy, successful at the second fresh cycle (fourth embryo transfer) after blood screening revealed some antibodies for Lupus and cardiolipins (which means I’m on anticoagulants: Clexane and Aspirin). I had secondary OHSS at the start of pregnancy, which was fortunately caught early and was not problematic after the first trimester. I then developed gestational diabetes, revealed at an early GTT at 20 weeks, which I’m currently controlling with diet and Metformin. I had a low-lying placenta which has fortunately moved up now. Also, my Mum had full eclampsia with me, so they’re watching me closely for any signs – none so far.

Apart from all of that, I’m feeling very well, and am finally starting to feel positive about the outcome of the pregnancy, and even starting to buy things for the baby at last! We have just started NCT antenatal classes which make ‘labour’ sound real, so we need to get our heads round that now. We’re also having lots of work done on our house, but it’s finally starting to come together and there is just a bit of carpentry and painting to be done before we can start putting things in the nursery.

That’s enough for now :) I’ll spend a happy time reading back through this thread a bit, and I’m sure I’ll gradually get to know you all. I know this is the ‘scary’ trimester as you have to give birth in this one – but I can’t wait to hear how you all get on, before it’s my turn!

TTC#1 since Dec 06, PCOS
IVF#1 2009 - 3xSET (blasts) - 3xBFN
IgG cardiolipins and Lupus antibodies, MTHFR heterozygous
IVF#2 2010 - 2 blasts, BFP 1/6/10, secondary OHSS
[zx076] 18/6/10 at 6+4!
On Metformin 4x500mg, Clexane 80mg, Aspirin 75mg, B12 3x50mcg
Gestational diabetes (diet controlled)
Elizabeth born prematurely on 25/11/10 at 29+3, weighing 3lbs

Wednesday, November 17th 2010, 10:15am

I've just noticed that I've moved in here a few days early - hope that's not tempting fate in any way. I will keep quiet until next Monday!

TTC#1 since Dec 06, PCOS
[zx076] 18/6/10 at 6+4!

• "bouncytigger" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 9th 2008

Wednesday, November 17th 2010, 11:34am

Hello all.. Kelly and the twins are well... they are still in hospital but hopefully it won't be too long before they are home.. They are just gorgeous..

AFM - I'm lying down with legs elevated.. and taking it really easy.. Hi to the new ladies in here!

blowkiss
ICSI number 5 - BFP!! :boy: :girl: arrived December 2010

Children: 1 perfect boy born after icsi tx

Wednesday, November 17th 2010, 6:21pm

Evening all and welcome to Platinum. Ems thanks for the offer but I don't have fb, don't worry I'll have a rant on here when I need to instead! Well we had our 37 week scan today and all well. Head is well engaged says Doc, DH nearly fell on top of me on the bed at that point. I think he thought I was going to give birth there and then. It was a new Doc scanning and she asked did we know what we were having, I immediately said no and she smiled, she knew herself and we were very tempted to ask but didn't. We then went upstairs to visit Mum and this time she was conscious, unfortunately she didn't know who DH and I were. Her speech has come back but is still mixed up. She was talking to us and actually said to DH 'I should know you, your face is familiar' I asked her did she know me and she just shook her head. It's really heartbreaking to see and I think I must be in a bit shock as I didn't even cry today. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Thanks girls for the kind messages in my diary.

Love to all x

FET JAN 2012 - 2 embies :BFN:
2 still on ice for another day xfingers

My Diary

Reg: Feb 20th 2010

Wednesday, November 17th 2010, 8:18pm

Evening Ladies!!

Welcome Platinum and drama queen! :wave: Ive only really just joined this board myself, although been on and off the site for a while.

Wow twin boys drama queen thats really exciting! Glad your placenta moved up Platinum.

Had my 39 week check up today was told baby is engaged! Yes Emziiui I do feel like I need a Wee all the time, but when I go its the smallest amount?! Deary me. I just hope she makes and appearance soon as my feet and legs are sooooo swollen and sore! The midwife just poked them a bit and said, yes we do need to have baby soon to get rid of all that water. My face is all puffy too and my nose has got massive, my husband keeps calling princess Fiona from Shrek :tear:. Is anyone else all pufffy and swollen?!

How are we all feeling this week?

Claire x
BFP 20th March 2010...and on constant knicker watch!!! xx

Reg: Jun 25th 2007

Children: Lemmy - 2008 and Diddy - 2010

Thursday, November 18th 2010, 3:19pm

hi all, thought i'd drop in and actually say hello, after all, I have been reading all the posts and having a giggle at a few for the last 8ish weeks. I love that we all experience the same embarassing little things but don't laugh about it until someone posts in these forums! The things we talk about in pregnancy, toiletry habits, boobs, and god knows what else - give it a couple of weeks and we'll still be talking about them but it'll be our babies toiletry habits etc!! Scary hey!

Just want to wish everyone good luck over the next few weeks as we all prepare for baby arrivals and an absolutely manic xmas with a new born in tow!!

Reg: Apr 17th 2010

Saturday, November 20th 2010, 6:54pm

:hi: Hiya all!

Thought I take the plunge and have a look at this trimester - been too scared until today! Great to see plenty of names I recognise and am so very glad to be reading some of the experiences of you lovely ladies ahead of me.... It's lovely to hear about the good news stories as well, so reassuring :)

Hope you are having a lovely weekend - look forward to getting to know you all!

:xxx3:

Reg: Dec 22nd 2008

Children: St Mary's

Sunday, November 21st 2010, 8:51pm

Hello all,

Sorry I havent been on but the last two weeks have been manic!

Two weeks ago yesterday I thought I maybe leaking amniotic fluid so went to the hospital to get checked out. Me and DF didnt rush though cause I thought maybe I had wee'd myself alittle :O when I was walking down the corridor of the hospital though I had a big gush on the floor and there was no doubt that my waters had broke at 33 weeks and 3 days!

They put me on a monitor and the girls were quite happy and I was having mild contractions. St Marys (the hosptial I was due to have the girls) didnt have two neonatel cots so they then decided to put me on a drip, drugs to stop labour, antibiotics and steriods to mature the girls lungs. Then they transferred me to another hospital at 2am Sunday morning! I was on the drugs to stop contractions untill midnight on the Sunday night to give the steriods time to work. Sunday night (two weeks ago) I was still on the delivery suite and DF stayed with me.

Monday morning my contactions started again but were bearable. Then there was a constant pain on my left side. When the consultant checked me I was 7cm dialated! Both girls were still breech so I had to be rushed into theatre within about 10mins. I had an eppidural and all the pain drifted away :snigger: DF then came in.

Jessica was born at 11.01am and weighed 3lbs 13ozs and Kiera was born at 11.02am and weighed 4lbs. Both were wriggling away. Jessica needed a little oxygen before having a little cry but Kiera came out with a big cry staight away - best sound in the world. All in all wasnt a bad experience at all. We got to give them both a kiss and then they were taken away.

Both girls were initially in incubators but didnt need to be on ventalators. They are now still in hospital but are out of the incubators and instead are in cots. They both initially lost weight which is to be expected but are now both 4lbs. Jessica is off the monitors and Kiera isnt far behind. Once their feeding is established (they are being fed by tube at the moment) then hopefully they can come home :weehee:

It is tiring and heartbreaking being at the hospital all day and then leaving them but hopefully it wont be for too much longer.

Hope all of you are doing well and welcome to the newbies - be warned the time flies by!

Feb/March 2009 1st IVF BFP blighted ovum diagnosed @ 8 week scan
babydust
2nd IVF April :BFP: Two baby8 bab10 due 22nd December 2010
Fingers Crossed this time will result in our much wanted Baby X

Monday, November 22nd 2010, 10:17am

Thank-you for all your welcomes!

Congratulations Kelly you are a Mum - how excting. Hope you can bring home your little ones soon.

Not much to report the usual niggles - hard to sleep and feel bad as when I lie on either side can feel one of twins wriggling so swap and other one wriggles!
- need a wee constantly! - and think they keep kicking my bladder. Owww!
- SPD getting worse and going to call for a wheelchair today which feel bit bad about but know the right thing to do.

Enough moaning as I am getting closer to meeting my twins week by week and DH has completed the nursery and it looks top class!!!
K xxx
DRAMA QUEEN
1 m/c
me 34 DP 41
SPD for me :bawl: Next scan 7th Jan xfingers for a decision to encourage babies to arrive!

Monday, November 22nd 2010, 1:48pm

Hi all.. hope we are all doing well!!

Dramaqueen, sorry to hear SPD is bad.. obviously the day for it as I can barely move on my crutches today.. Great you have finished the nursers

Congrats Kelly.. already said it, but they are both beautiful, hope they are home soon!

Welcome Mima and MSH!

AFM - SPD pretty bad at the mo.. but hospital bag is now packed after weeks of dithering about it. Still piling through a mountain of washing for the babies (but don't mind that), and sure babies are living on my bladder as well.. Have never got up sooo many times to go to the loo at night!

RosB

Ace

Reg: Sep 23rd 2009

Children: Twin boys conceived on 3rd ICSI attempt

Monday, November 22nd 2010, 1:55pm

Hey there, sorry for gatecrashing but had to butt in and say congratulations to Kelly on the birth of your daughters. I hope it won't be long before they are able to come home where they belong. One of my boys spent a week on the neo natal unit so I understand how you feel at the moment. Finlay had trouble breathing at birth and then wasn't interested in feeding and was sleepy all of the time. He just suddenly woke up and wanted to feed all of the time, I am sure your girls will be the same soon enough.

Monday, November 22nd 2010, 2:38pm

Hey ladies,

How are we all feeling? Hope we are all good. So 2.5 days to my D day! And signs whats so ever that she wants to make an appearance :sadface: Hope she doesn't keep me waiting too long!
Claire x :sadface:

Monday, November 22nd 2010, 3:50pm

Congrats Kelly - and well done on being positive!!!! Sounds like you have 2 very strong and determined girls there.

Clairise - lots of walking, walking, walking - round the block, up and down the stairs etc. I was only 3 days over with DS and I swear it was down to the obsessive 3 minimum walks a day for the last week before he was born. Gets baby's head well down and ready for birth! Good luck to you for birth.

Hope the SPD isn't causing too much hassle for you ladies - I can only imagine how it feels as it's bad enough the pain in my hips and that's without SPD!

I'm officially on a countdown now - only 13 more days til my lil one will potentially be here. Had a scan last Friday to check position of my placenta and it is just in the way of the 'door' as the MW kept saying. Gotta have another scan on 1st December to check it hasn't moved - not that it has for the last 36 weeks anyway!! - then if it's still in the way i'll be in on 6th December for a c-section. ABSOLUTELY pooping my pants about it that 1: the placenta will have moved and my body isn't prepared for labour, and 2: i'm gonna be cut open if it hasn't moved!!!! ARRGGHHH

Just gotta keep myself busy sorting out the last few bits and pieces over the next 2 weeks and focus on spending as much time with my DS as possible before i'm too shattered to do anything!! lol

Monday, November 22nd 2010, 4:11pm

Girls --- I think I have just Lost my mucus plug!! it's gooey jelly stuff, no blood in it though! Just been sick aswell, I wonder if this is the start....

MY DIARY

Monday, November 22nd 2010, 5:33pm

It's very likely Emz - I lost mine about 2 weeks before I had DS - I was having a shower and it literally just plopped out (TMI soz) Think it may have had the tiniest vein of red going through it but nothing 'blood like'.

EXCITING!!!!!!!

Reg: Dec 21st 2008

Monday, November 22nd 2010, 7:04pm

Hello Kelly, huge congratulations again. I've been coming on this thread and to your diary every day since heard the news you had gone into hospital and had your little one's.
So glad that they are doing well. Hope it's not too long before Jessica and Kiera can come home.
Love to you all,
W xxx :cuddle
Good luck to all the other ladies who are due soon - what fun Christmas's you are all going to have! xxx

Monday, November 22nd 2010, 7:49pm

Emziiui - sounds promising hun! Fingers crossed - when you do?

MSH983 - Thanks for the advise, gonna get my comfy trainers on and get my fat butt on a waddle tomorrow then!

Hope everyone is good.
Claire x

Tuesday, November 23rd 2010, 10:32am

Kelly – thanks for finding the time to tell us all about your girls’ birth – many congratulations! I hope they both settle into feeding and can come home soon!

Bouncytigger – hope you’re managing to rest up and it’s doing the trick. I’m not sure laundry is on the list of acceptable tasks though – be careful!

Hopeful – great news that the scan was good and the baby is engaged. It must be so hard with your Mum, especially at this time.

Claire – yay for the baby being ready and engaged. Hope you’re a mummy soon and the swelling goes – looking out for your announcement!

MSH – hello – what is your real name? Fingers crossed that the placenta moves, although it’s cutting it a bit fine, time-wise! Mine was low-lying but I’m lucky and it has moved already. I’m sure it will be easier whether you know for sure if you can try for a natural delivery or have a C-section – must be hard not to know which way to focus your mind.

Mima – hello cycle buddy! Just had a quick look on your diary and I see you have been buying – hurrah! Loving your choices and isn’t it fun once you take the plunge?

Dramaqueen – glad all’s going well mostly! My bladder takes a bashing and I’ve only got one baby in there! Hope the wheelchair helps with the SPD, you poor thing. Yay for the nursery being completed – I’ve got serious envy but our decorator is starting today (got three rooms and the outside of the house to paint though!) – we’re hoping it will be done by early next week.

Emzi – ooh, how exciting! Watching out for news!

Mostly well here. I have been having some brown spotting for about 10 days now – first it was the odd little bit once per day, but now it’s every time I wipe. TMI alert – it’s stringy and mucousy and brown. I did phone the midwife on Friday who was lovely, but said not to worry unless it turns red or I get cramps, in which case go to the labour ward! I’ve had no other symptoms and the baby is kicking nicely, so I’m trying not to worry. Has anyone else had this or heard of this at this stage in pregnancy?

I think the main reason DH and I are a bit worried is that one of our NCT group ladies had her baby last week – at 28 weeks. She was due the day after me. Hoping and praying that when we go to class next week we hear good news of the little one’s progress.

Like Mima, I’ve suddenly got ‘into’ buying things for the baby! We have ordered the cot bed, and the nursery is being painted this week. In fact, we have most of the big things now – just need a nursing chair and a mattress for the cot bed. I was planning to order the mattress online and get a high range one as it will hopefully last for 4-5 years. Mothercare is a bit expensive but some other sites do similar types more cheaply. Any tips? Also I don’t know what sort of chair to get. I’m actually inclined not to get a rocking/gliding one as I have trouble getting out of them! I want something quite upright that I can rest my head back on, and that fits through the nursery door which is fairly narrow. Any tips?

Hiya to everyone else – I will learn who you all are soon :)

TTC#1 since Dec 06, PCOS
[zx076] 18/6/10 at 6+4!

dmh36

Reg: Mar 2nd 2009

Children: 2 daughters aged 19 and 17, 5 angel babies

Tuesday, November 23rd 2010, 1:53pm

baby1 hi ladies just thought ad let u know my little man has arrived, he was born on sat which was his due date came quite quick 2 n half hours from start 2 finish! started gettin pains about 7 at nite but didnt think it was labour cos they wernt that painfull but they were evry couple ov minutes so had a bath n shaved my legs like u do lol, rang the hospital and they said 2 go in i was probably in early stages then my waters broke i noticed black stuf in them so thought he'd pooh'd inside me. made a mad dash 2 hospital had 2 get from doncaster to jessops at sheffield n theres 50mph speed restrictions on motorway it was a nitemare, got there at 9.15 and needed to push 15 minutes later i'd had him didnt even have time for pain releif. he's only small he weighed 5lb 6oz we called him finlay i wanted to breastfeed but he was avin none ov it and because he's so small and he wasnt regaining his temperature we decide 2 give him a bottle and he's sucking like a gud un feeding evry 3 hours. i drank raspberry leaf tea the last few weeks and i swear it worked would highly recommend it!

:goodluck: to all you ladies and look forward 2 reading your birth announcements in the future. :xxx:

Tuesday, November 23rd 2010, 2:11pm

HUGE congrats dmh36 - wish my 1st was as quick and as seemingly pain free as that!! I love that you shaved your legs before you went to hospital - that is just brilliant!!!!!!

Platinum - I have a rocking chair with footstall which DOESN'T recline. It's pretty much a standard wooden rocking chair with a cushion on and a fancy name sticker attached to the side (used to be before DS pulled it off!). It's really comfy and although I haven't fed in it yet - mainly due to baby not being here yet!! lol, It is very comfotable and I sit on it more than the sofa because it is easy to get in and out of - higher etc. It's been a lifesaver for my back and really supports it. Mine was given to me but it's only a standard one off of Kiddicare or ebay - maximum £100 cost. Apparently it came in a box and you assemble it yourself which is what my friend did, so you would definately be able to get it into the nursery. I would advise though to check out the screws before assembling. We changed the screws when we got ours as they weren't very long and the chair seemed a little unstable - side to side rocking which shouldn't happen. My husband just bought longer screws from the local DIY shop and it's sound as a pound now! Even takes my 2 1/2 yr old jumping all over it!! lol Another thing i'd say is - think about where you are going to be most of the time feeding the baby - I have my chair in the front room as it will be a pain to keep going upstairs every 2 - 3 hours in the day to feed baby. Although I do have a toddler to drag up and down too - but it's definately something to consider.

Also had a thought about your TMI story - could be where your placenta moved. I have been told to keep an eye out for any blood / spotting which could be a sign the placenta has moved. On the c-section or natural front for me i've totally given up and am fed up of not knowing so am being ignorant and not thinking about it anymore as of today!! lol What will be will be and i'm sure that won't go to plan either so i've decided to stick 2 fingers up to the whole 'birth' thing and just see what happens when!! lol

Right - feel like i've been typing for ages and have a pile of washing to do while i'm on my own, so will stop boring you all and get on with it!!

Mel XxXx

Tuesday, November 23rd 2010, 4:34pm

:party: Congratulations DMH36! What a lovely name too Finlay, really like that! Enjoy your cuddles with your new son! :congrats:

Due on Thursday and stilllll nooooo signs! Im off for a long hard stomp to the shops and back!

P.s Being drinking raspberry leaf tea and its quite yummy I think!

Claire x

Reg: May 23rd 2009

Children: DS 11 years old, DD 8 years old. DH none

Tuesday, November 23rd 2010, 5:17pm

:party: horay!!! lots of new babies!!! well done girls!!! :thumbsup:

but from my point of view, "oh poo"" im getting closer to the top of the list!!!

i have not been on for a while, we have had a mad busy couple of weeks, hospital appointments for everyone!! :cross:

i went to see my consultant on friday, i am booked to go in on the 4th, that will make me exactly 41 weeks. i hope somethig happens before then!!! :yes:

your just ahead of me claire!! have you had anything?? no show, pains, change in mood or anything??

i keep waiting for the nesting to kick in and nope nothing, and the house could really do with a good tidy up!!! :laugh:

BUT i am really grumpy today, but that is probably due to lack of sleep and spd!! grrrrr

ME 33
DH 34
TTC 2yrs
clomid x 5 :BFN:
ME HSG clear
All scans clear
BFP!!! PLEASE STAY!!

Reg: May 28th 2009

Tuesday, November 23rd 2010, 6:17pm

:balloons: :congrats: :balloons: :balloons: Great news DMH36! I laughed out loud when I read the part about you shaving your legs!

AFM - nothing to report my end. Maternity leave started on Friday and so far I have been busy meeting up with my NCT friends, Christmas shopping and buying the very last bits and pieces for the nursery and hospital bag. The hospital bag is now packed and ready to rock and roll. The very last thing I need to buy is an extra large nightie with buttons all the way down (found in Primark for £6) to give birth in. That's tomorrow's job after meeting up with my NCT friends.

Bought Raspberry Leaf tablets today (couldn't find the tea), so will start taking them tonight. Here's hoping for a speedy labour!

Also started walking again, now that I am no longer not allowed to since my placenta has moved up. Hoping the walking will not only increase my fitness a little but get baby's head in the right position. It's a little hard going though - walked a mile today and my hips ached!

Hope everyone else is well - this board has been quite exciting lately hasn't it?

Tuesday, November 23rd 2010, 7:48pm

Hi Poppy,

No signs at all! Not a dicky bird, feel a little tearful but I think thats because I am getting so close and am a bit scared!

I have a feeling im going to end up being induced but still trying to be positive!

Hey natural horse let me know how you get on with the tablets - see if you notice anything. Hoping the tea I have been drinking will aid a speedy labour!

Claire x

Wednesday, November 24th 2010, 9:56am

Hi girls - quick update from me. I THINK my waters have broken this morning (I am 38 weeks tomorrow) or I guess it could be wee ?

As i got up i felt a flow of warm liquid that wet all my knickers, went to the loo, changed my knickers... got up, had breakfast and sat on my ball for a bit (no pains). Getting up from the ball, had the same thing again and it trickled down my leg. So changed knickers again (good job i've bought lots of primark ones) and put a pad on. Rang the midwife who said to ring the hospital triage, rang the hospital and they said to call back in 2 hours and see how much liquid there is.

I'm worried i've just wet myself and going to look like a fool ! Anyway on the rasberry leaf tea now hoping to get a contraction.

MY DIARY

Wednesday, November 24th 2010, 1:06pm

oh good luck Emziiui!!

Wednesday, November 24th 2010, 1:29pm

Oh good luck Emziiui [zx127]

i had a sweep done this morning,i was having bad period pains and bad back yesterday, same today! M/W said i was 2 cm dilated but the cervix is still thick, but she could feel lo head!! :) so on with the waiting game!!!

ME 33
DH 34
TTC 2yrs
ME HSG clear
All scans clear
BFP!!! PLEASE STAY!!

Reg: May 9th 2009

Wednesday, November 24th 2010, 6:00pm

Hello everyone. I'm not sure whether I should be in here yet or not but just thought I'd pop my head in. I'm a bit crap at using chats and tend to enter when I reach the trimester milestone but I love the idea of being in here and seeing people gradually fall off the conveyor belt into labour and birthing so I hope to stick around! Hope everyone is well and not suffering too much. I feel I have every ailment under the sun, including SPD and am wondering how I'm going to get through the next 2 months.

Wow to you lot about to pop! Lots and lots of luck to you. x
Me: 37 Him: 42
Unexplained
IVF May 2010
:BFP: 10th June.
[zx076] [zx076]

my diary

Thursday, November 25th 2010, 9:05am

Good luck Emziiui!! And to Poppy too, doesn't sound like it will much longer for you either

Hello Aramass.. love the conveyor belt thought.. just hope I manage to fall off looking dignified!! You will get through the next few months.. hopefully it will get easier once you finish work..

Children: One beautiful son

Thursday, November 25th 2010, 3:53pm

Hiya Girls...

Thanks for your welcome.

How's everyone, and what have we all been up to.? All well I hope.

I've not been on a while sinc I've been so busy getting the last bits and everything organised for my LO arrival. Nursery is looking fab already, just a few more finishing touches then it's done. Should hopefully be done by the weekend. Then can focus on my hospital bag.

I've been getting really bad lower abdominal pains specially on the right, it's a constant sore feeling and hurts like hell when I walk or if I've been on my feet for a while or doing any cleaning. Been to the Dr a few times about it, but all they can say is it's the baby growing bla bla. But all is well with baby they checked his HB, position and he's fine. Just dunno why the pain is there. Dr said I can ask about physiotherapy at my Atenatal classes or MW. It's been hurting so much that sometimes I limp when I walk, and it's agony when I try to turn or get off bed. Has anyone else had this...?

Haven't started Antenatal classes as yet, was thinking of attending a class tonight, only planning on going to 2-3 classes.

Anyway girls, will try and pop in again later. Will add some bump and nursery pics soon.

XxxX

MY DIARY

Friday, November 26th 2010, 8:58am

Hello Blessings! Can't believe we are now over here!

Are you pains pelvic do you think or ligament? I've been getting both. REally sore pulling feelings when I walk too much. I think Bouncy also spoke of period type pains? I'm pretty sure it's all normal at this stage as the babies are growing so quickly now and this is when most of the stretching will be going on. You could ask about physio but I wouldn't count on being able to get an appointment for a while. I was referred 10 weeks ago and finally have an appointment today for my SPD.

Hope everything is going well with you. x
Unexplained
IVF May 2010
[zx076] [zx076]

my diary

Friday, November 26th 2010, 1:12pm

Aramass hello hun....

Nice that we're back on the same board now hey. :) Hope you been keeping well.

Yeah, thats what everyone's been telling me it's normal to feel abit of pain at this stage cause the baby is getting heavy. But this pain is very agonising....DR said is because my body isn't use to the wait and where am so slim as well. Hmmm oh I just can't wait for his arrival.

He always has his feet under my ribs too thats another un-comfy thing for me cause my ribs are constantly hurting....

Anyway, take care girls.

Out & Over

xxxxxxxxxx

MY DIARY

Sunday, November 28th 2010, 7:54pm

Hey Ladies,

How we all doing? Well I am 3 days over due now nearly 4! Got a sweep on Wednesday and one on Friday! And if they don't work Induction Monday 6th!

Pray my sweeps work as I sooo don't wanna be induced if I can help it!

Claire xx

Monday, November 29th 2010, 5:11pm

hi everyone, :bye:

oh claire your still here too [zx083] any twinges, show, pains?? anything?? same my end!!!!! humph last weeks sweep did not work! GRRRR..... but i have one booked again tomorrow afternoon!! xfingers it helps, im going to see if she will do another friday if it does nothing tomorrow, im booked to go in saturday, my consultant wont let me go further than 7 days!! [zx062]

i think my lo is happy where she is with it been soooooo cold outside!!

ME 33
DH 34
TTC 2yrs
ME HSG clear
All scans clear
BFP!!! PLEASE STAY!!

Monday, November 29th 2010, 9:50pm

Hiya all,

hope you're staying warm - it is baltic out there!

I am a week late, but big congrats Kelly, hope you can cuddle your lovely ones at home by now :cuddle
DMH, another big congrats on the arrival of your little man Finlay! Yay for the super quick birth, and another yay for priorities on shaving legs before hospital dash, that's an ace story! rotf
Platinum - how great is it to be on this chatboard, cannot believe our cycle start was so recently! Thanks for stopping by my diary. I bought Cosatto Wham Bam Boo (yes, very sillyname) mattress at babyboom2000.co.uk. Like you, I wanted something that could last for a few years, therefore was keen to buy a sprung mattress, however am also trying to be realistic, that it might get too grubby after 2 years or so. They are having a sale on too.....
Sorry, cannot help with other issue - hope you have no more worries and all has settled down :cuddle
NH, glad to hear you're all packed and enjoying maternity leave. Hope the rasberry leaf does its job and things move along xfingers
Claire and Poppy - sending many pushy vibes - hope your little ones haven't read the weather report and decided to stay put.... :blizzard:
Hi Emzuiiui - hope the silence means you "fell of the conveyor belt" and are cuddling your LO by now :boy:
Aramass - how are you doing? Taking the plunge to this thread - it's scary business, isn't it.... as you can see above, I love your idea of the conveyor belt and falling into motherhood. Hope all your symptoms are not too bad - I feel for all the ladies with SPD particularly in the cold (I don't know it makes it worse, but my joints seem to ache more in it, so it must be horrible for you....)

Bouncy - like you, i hope for a dignified "falling off the conveyor belt" - must practice most dignified face :snigger:
H Blessings - How is the most organised lady? I'm sorry to hear about your pains, it must make you impatient for your LO to arrive....I can sympathise on baby's feet under ribs. My LO keeps kicking the same spot, particularly when sitting down - and I think he's practicing for a footballer career! Did you start antenatal classes? My first one is this week - it's a full day intensive course- sounds scary.... :S

Hi to anyone I forgot [zx021]

AFM, DP and I had a lovely weekend at my family and it was great to see everyone. I am the baby of the family, all my sisters have much older kids, so there was tons of attention and spoiling to be had, I could get used to this :O

Healthwise, all is good, heard lovely HB at MW appt last week and all measurements and bloods are spot on. We are starting to get our heads around birth options, assuming my placenta has moved and there are options - will find out at next scan on 23rd. Just in case I bought a book on pain coping strategies for labour - not that I will refuse drugs, more trying to stock up on all tools going.

One question: do others find the baby kicking in the same direction all the time? It's been about 2-3 weeks and he's only ever kicking my right side - sometimes a little to the middle, but it's the right that gets the constant bashing..... I hope this is normal? ?(

Oh, a tip for those ladies struggeling to get comfy at night: I bought a theraline nursing pillow and it is a god send! So comfy to rest bump, wrap legs & arms, had the best night sleeps for a long time!

In fact, off to bed now :sleeping:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mima08" (Nov 29th 2010, 9:57pm)

Tuesday, November 30th 2010, 12:37pm

Hey all

Have been reading all your posts - I have 6 weeks left at most and counting til I fall off the conveyer belt!

Cheers for all your positive thoughts. My SPD is getting worse and I now have a wheelchair for when I go out as can't cope with walking very far. Due to the snow I am pretty much snowed in as won't drive in snow and worried about falling over so don't wanna go out. Watching pap on tv, reading, fakebooking and making some xmas presents to make the time pass. Nursery and baby stuff is all done as are all the xmas presents and wrapped! Need to pack bag for hospital but that it!
Seem to be getting the old blackbird (thr**h) which is common apparently but not nice! I think is cos I am allergic to pantyliners but can't find any that are non scented. Any sugggestions!

Off to midwife tomorrow to see how big my bump is and scan next Friday to check on babies position and growth. Having lots of kicks low down on bladder and hoping babies move as it is very uncomfy! Still will be worth it - [zx127]
Bye for now K xxx
DRAMA QUEEN
1 m/c
me 34 DP 41

Tuesday, November 30th 2010, 2:10pm

Hi everyone

Dramaqueen: How many weeks are you now? So sorry to hear that your SPD is so bad that you have to have a wheel chair. That's just rubbish. At least you have nothing much to do besides your hospital bag and you can kick back and relax, although relaxing isn't exactly relaxing when you are in pain and uncomfortable. I'm on the panty liners too!! Are they scented?? I know that live yoghurt is a good natural cure for thrush.

Mima: my friend who 'birthed' last week has recommended the hynotherapy birthing CD for coping strategies. I'm toying with the idea of buying it. I had one for IVF but it made me giggle and I only used it once.

Blessings: good to see you here! I was thinking back to when we got out BFPs in the first week of June and what an age ago that seems! It was late spring/early summer and we've had two seasons since then! I'm always counting! We are so close!!

Twin gestators: when people ask you your due date do you calculate it as if it were a normal 40 week gestation? Mine would be 12th Feb if so but I just say 'January sometime'. I actually think they'll make an appearance in the next 8 weeks some time.
Unexplained
IVF May 2010
[zx076] [zx076]

my diary

Tuesday, November 30th 2010, 4:20pm

Hello Girls ! I am pleased to announce that baby Samuel arrived safely after a rather long labour and emergency c-section on Friday 26th November weighing 6lb 5oz.

We came home on Sunday evening and really could do with some sleep :D

He's such a special little man, we cant stop looking at him.

I've put my birth story on the birth announcements page and also a couple of pics of him, i'm sure he'll have all the ladies when hes older ! :)

Can someone take over the hall of due dates ?

Ems xxx

MY DIARY

Tuesday, November 30th 2010, 8:43pm

Hello Girlies....

How's this awful weather treating you all.?

It's absolutely freezing and snowing and I hate it when it snows.!

DMH & Emziiui: Big massive congrats on the birth of your beautiful LO's. :D I bet you can't stop staring at them, aaaw soo happy and excited for you both. Welldone. You're babies are finally here so enjoy. :)

Claire: How's it going hun, has baby arrived as yet.? Hope you and your bump are well...Let us know how you're getting on. xxx

Poppy: I hope your LO arrives soon, I can imagine how much you'd like to get it over and done with. I'm just 30 weeks and dying for the time to fly by, just want him out and in my arms. :D Good luck, keep us posted and take it easy in the meantime. That's al you can do for now I suppose. :)

DramaQueen: Aaaaw hun, I'm so sorry to hear that you are having such awful pains. I sympathise with you babe, know how you feel. But not long till your babys born now, just hang in there, it's not an easy road but definately well worth it in the end. Just try and drill that in your head, will make you feel a lil bit better hehe ( thats what I try to do ) even though I still moan all the hehe. Oh, and re: pantyliners try the supermarkets ownbrand they usually have the un-sented ones, or ( this might sound silly)> but try paper towels ( Bounty) as it's nice and soft, or you could just use any other, fold the paper towel to the size of a pantyliner. Don't worry I use to use it and it always worked for me. Let me know if it works for you. :) Goodluck.

Aramass: Aaaaw your so sweet for remembering hun....Yeah, I remember also we were both so over the moon with our BFP weren't we. We are due just a week apart, I'm the 5th of February and like you I have a feeling my LO will make an early appearance like the end of Jan rather than the 5th. ( wishful thinking ) I always tell people end of Jan. You never know we might have our baby within the same week :D Well hun the countdown continues. Hope you are keeping well otherwise. xxx

Mima: hahaha you made me chuckle when you said the most organised Mum. hehe hubby is moaning at me at the time, saying I have deadlines for everything, and when things aren't going to plan I throw a tantrum lmao, because I have given him jobs to do re: nursery, putting the babys furnitures up and he takes forever to do them, and it drives me up the wall. hehe I just want everything to be perfect and ready for my LO arrival I suppose. Oh, and yeah hun I'm sure thats normal, my lo one usually kicks at the same place most of the time always on the right, then the other times it's just all over the place. Long as your feeling kicks on a regular sure its fine. Glad all is well with your and your LO, aaaaw bless bet you can't wait for its arrival. Glad you had a wonderful weekend too the fam will be so excited when the new adition to the family arrives.

Platinum...Hope you are ok and feel better soon hun. Nice to see you on chat board. Take it easy you and bump :)

Sorry if I've missed anyone out......xxx

AFM: Been resting abit these last few days and it has been helping alot with the pain. Seen MW yesterday ( she was new covering for my midwife who is off, and so very nice, wish she was my MW all the time. Anyway, everythings fine, bloods, urine, heartbeat was perfect :D he's positioned head down, but facing up :huh: I hope he turns around intime for D-DAY as I have heard back to back babies are hard to give birth to and the pain is excruciating. ;( Oh, and I got my tummy measured this time, measurement was fine.

Soooooo, nursery done, went out earlier in the freezing cold and snow to get the last bits to put in my hospital bag. ( regretted going out though as I was so cold lol. Now only thing left to do is wash babys things and iron them, guess I got load of time to do that so as long as it's done by after xmas should be fine.

Anyway girlies....Best be off now. Take care

Lots of love

xXx

MY DIARY

Wednesday, December 1st 2010, 9:44am

:mood: ?o( [zx062] well ladies i had a second sweep yesterday, and yes im still here!! i almost cried when i went to see the midwife, she said she was not allowed to do the sweep as the hospital had told them not to do any as it was so busy in the ward and they needed to clear some beds!!! Grrr [zx083] BUT bless her she gave it a go anyway!! i hope they have cleared some beds by saturday!! i only want one, and i will do my best to not be in it toooooooo long!!! rotf

ME 33
DH 34
TTC 2yrs
ME HSG clear
All scans clear
BFP!!! PLEASE STAY!!

Wednesday, December 1st 2010, 9:59am

Morning all, hope everyone is well and not too cold in this freezing weather!

Dramaqueen, sorry to hear you are now in a wheelchair.. I'm hoping for a miracle disappearance of my SPD the minute I give birth, though think that is wishful thinking!

Poppy - sending you lots of labour vibes and hope things get going soon for you!

Emzuii - Congratulations on Samuel, pics are just gorgeous! (happy to take over the hall of due dates!)

AFM.. impromptu day spent at hospital yesterday, will put more in my diary.. but hopefully all is ok.. just waiting for one more set of results today.

xxx

Wednesday, December 1st 2010, 10:13am

HALL OF DUE DATES

NOVEMBER

Bellalove - 4th November

Andie 20521- 19th November

Clairise - 25th November

Poppy32 - 27th November

DECEMBER

Hopeful H - 8th December

Natural Horse - 14th December

Miss Purple - 18th December

JANUARY

Mr C - 4th January

Vstelfox - 17th January

Bouncytigger - 17th January

Mollie61 - 17th January

FEBRUARY

Blessings - 5th February

OUR LOVELY MUMS:

Flic 25th February
Claire_A 13th April
Sandy 13th April
Kat - 22th April
Jess 12th April
Roxy 20th April
Kelly 25th April
Nicole (Rainbowbridge) 10th May
Bry 15th May
Inik (Klaudia) 16th May
Lynne 24th May
Betti 25th May
Laura (landi) 28th May
Kangolka 1st June
Blue Sky 24th June
Kaborex 1st July
JVA jess 7/7/10 Boy
BGE Greeny 14/7/10 Boy
Rockchick 16/7 Boy
Pushoz, Zoe 21/7 Twins boy and girl
Emma, Aiwah 30/7 Twins boy and girl
Jasper 30/7 boy
Rach 1973 15/08 Boy
2Mums - 25/08 Boy
Michy - 25/08 Boy
Sinker76 (Cindy) - 03/09 - Boy
KD40 - 05/09 - Boy
Jol - 11/09 - Boy
Kirstin - 13/09 - 2 girls
Lalazig - 25/09 - girl
Simmo - 1/10 - boy
RosB - 08/10 - Twin Boys [Finlay and Alexander]
Elaine H - 16/10 - Girl [Harriet]
Elisa - 17/10 - boy [Xander]
JoJo1974 - 21/10 - Twin Boys [Bobby and Alfie]
Angelbaby - 6/11- boy [Noah]
Kelly 1981 - 8/11 - Twin Girls [Jessica and Kiera]
dmh36 - 20/11 - Boy [Finlay]
Emziuii - 26/11 - Boy [Samuel}

Mima08, Dramaqueen and Platinum - what are you actual due dates so I can update?

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "bouncytigger" (Dec 1st 2010, 10:16am)

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 12th 2009

Children: Scarlett Holly born 25/12/2010

Wednesday, December 1st 2010, 1:15pm

Oh nooooooo i'm not that far away. Lolol. That's come round quick!! :snigger:

xfingers for u Poppy xfingers

x
Natural :BFP: June 2011! biggrin2 bab21

Wednesday, December 1st 2010, 3:22pm

:congrats: Emzuii on your little boy yay!!
Poppy aww hun glad you had your sweep in then. I just had my first one and am having period pains so hope it means something (probably not)

Got another one on Friday...please work :pray: I hope yours works too hun!

Claire x

Wednesday, December 1st 2010, 6:31pm

:balloons: :congrats: :balloons: great news Emzuii!

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 12th 2009

Children: Scarlett Holly born 25/12/2010

Wednesday, December 1st 2010, 7:02pm

Good luck Claire :goodluck: xxx and
Congrats Emziiui!! :weehee: :balloons: xxx
Natural :BFP: June 2011! biggrin2 bab21

Wednesday, December 1st 2010, 9:54pm

Hello All

aaaawwww - more great news on this board!

:balloons: congratulations Emziiui on the arrival of Baby Samuel! I bet you cannot stop looking at him - will check pic out in a min....

Dramaqueen - poor you with horrid SPD. I think bodyform do a type of uncented liner.... Great to hear you're so organised, hope MW appt went ok today

Hi Aramass - yes, my midwife also recommended the Hypnobirthing but when I looked into it, I wasn't too convinced. And looking at the vids on Youtube, I understand why you giggled ...Will try to read the book & feedback:snigger:

Blessings - hope you're keeping warm - think the snow is around for a little while....Well done on delegating the jobs: maybe I should take lessons! At least we've booked someone to do the nursery early Jan. Thanks for comments on kicking - it's hard to know what's normal!

From what my MW says, there is still plenty of time for the baby to turn, so don't worry too much. Also, I saw on some threads using a gymball to help LO to move into position...

Awwww - Poppy & Claire - really hope the sweeps work and you have your LO to cuddle soon baby4

Bouncy Tigger - hope your improptu hospital day was not too scary and all is well with your results :cuddle Thanks for taking on the Hall of Due Dates - my date is 04 Feb 2011 (well according to one scan at least that is ... ?( )

AFM - very first antenatal class tomorrow - exciting! (and scary :snigger: )

4 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

4 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE