You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Apr 9th 2009

Friday, October 8th 2010, 2:30pm

Ros, No doubt you are a mummy by now.... :weehee: Hope everything with the CS goes well and your little ones are safe in your arms. Have some :flowers: and :chocs: from me.

AFM, well due date tomorrow. Have backache again and my ankles are killing me. I have absolutely no idea what Proto is planning on doing, but I do hope he/she gets on with something soon as I am now getting very impatient to meet my little one (which, being a frostie, the midwife calls my miracle baby). I suspect I may be back posting again tomorrow....

Take care,
:xxx3:
Elisa
IVF Aug 09 - Brief BFP
FET Jan 10 :BFP:
bab11 Alexander James 17/10/10

2nd FET Feb 13 :BFN:

My Trying Again Diary

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 18th 2009

Children: 2 sons, 6 + 9 (previous marriage) and 1 angel baby (boy) - born and grew wings Nov 09

Friday, October 8th 2010, 2:32pm

thinking of you right now Ros, hoping all is well...
DO let us know whats happening when you can, how very exciting!!
xx

starsmile My Diary

Natural :BFP: 5/4/09 but we lost our beautiful son :sniff:

Reg: Sep 28th 2009

Children: A beautiful, miracle FET baby girl

Friday, October 8th 2010, 4:14pm

AFM, well due date tomorrow. Have backache again and my ankles are killing me. I have absolutely no idea what Proto is planning on doing, but I do hope he/she gets on with something soon as I am now getting very impatient to meet my little one (which, being a frostie, the midwife calls my miracle baby). I suspect I may be back posting again tomorrow....

Take care,

Know exactly how you are feeling Elisa. Had some contractions last night and was so excited as I am so uncomfortable now...Seems they were just Braxton Hicks though.
Mine is also a frostie, so we have two miracles due in close succession!! I am hoping to goodness this one arrives before induction date on the 14th...

January 2010 - Natural FET cycle
Harriet Amelia was born on 16th October 2010 - we are SO happy!!!

Friday, October 8th 2010, 6:28pm

Hey, if any of you fab ladies out there have any good 'get a move on baby' vibes, can you send them in the direction of myself and Elaine? :thanx:

I'm trying not to think about due date being tomorrow and just accept that Proto will come along when he/she is ready, however I am also hoping that we will make it to the hospital before the 40+ 3 appointment with the consultant on Tuesday. xfingers I really do not want to be induced (they have not mentioned it yet, but I do not want to face the prospect).

Any word on Ros yet?

Elisa
IVF Aug 09 - Brief BFP

My Trying Again Diary

RosB

Ace

Reg: Sep 23rd 2009

Children: Twin boys conceived on 3rd ICSI attempt

Friday, October 8th 2010, 9:52pm

hi All, thanks for your wishes. just to let you know that Finlay James and Alexander George arrived safely at about 6pm today by c-section. Finlay is in the SCBU but probably just overnight, Alexander is sleeping next to me right now. Both are gorgeous. will update more when I get a chance. x

United Kingdom

Children: 2 sons, 6 + 9 (previous marriage) and 1 angel baby (boy) - born and grew wings Nov 09

Friday, October 8th 2010, 9:55pm

congratulations Ros!! Lovely names as well, hope Finlay is better tomorrow :) xx

starsmile My Diary

Kimby

Reg: Feb 16th 2010

Children: Beautiful girl born 7th Feb 2011.

Friday, October 8th 2010, 10:01pm

Aww Ros...how wonderful. Congratulations...you have a little family.. lurve lurve

Reg: Feb 18th 2010

Saturday, October 9th 2010, 8:45am

Congratulations Ros on Finlay and Alexander bab22 bab22 !!!

HALL OF DUE DATES

OCTOBER

Elisa - 9th October

Elaineh - 12th October

NOVEMBER

Angelbaby - 2nd November

Bellalove - 4th November

JoJo 1974 - 8th November

Andie 20521- 19th November

Dmh36 - 20th November

DECEMBER

Hopeful H - 8th December

Emziuii - 9th December

Natural Horse - 14th December

Miss Purple - 18th December

Kelly1981 - 22nd December

OUR LOVELY MUMS:

Flic 25th February
Claire_A 13th April
Sandy 13th April
Kat - 22th April
Jess 12th April
Roxy 20th April
Kelly 25th April
Nicole (Rainbowbridge) 10th May
Bry 15th May
Inik (Klaudia) 16th May
Lynne 24th May
Betti 25th May
Laura (landi) 28th May
Kangolka 1st June
Blue Sky 24th June
Kaborex 1st July
JVA jess 7/7/10 Boy
BGE Greeny 14/7/10 Boy
Rockchick 16/7 Boy
Pushoz, Zoe 21/7 Twins boy and girl
Emma, Aiwah 30/7 Twins boy and girl
Jasper 30/7 boy
Rach 1973 15/08 Boy
2Mums - 25/08 Boy
Michy - 25/08 Boy
Sinker76 (Cindy) - 03/09 - Boy
KD40 - 05/09 - Boy
Jol - 11/09 - Boy
Kirstin - 13/09 - 2 girls
Lalazig - 25/09 - girl
Simmo - 1/10 - boy
RosB - 08/10 - Twin Boys [Finlay and Alexander]

IUI - February 2010 - :BFN:
IUI - March 2010 - :BFP: :boy:
26/11/2010 - baby Samuel born

MY DIARY

Reg: Sep 26th 2009

Children: Herts&Essex

Saturday, October 9th 2010, 9:44am

Congratulations Ros I am so happy for you. I hope you and your boys are continuing to do well xxxxxxx
Jo
IVF Sept/Oct 2009 - BFP but then chemical pregnancy :bawl:

IVF Jan/Feb 2010 - :BFP: twins bab11 bab11

Saturday, October 9th 2010, 9:58am

Elisa - How are you feeling today hun? Due day today :D

MY DIARY

Saturday, October 9th 2010, 11:29am

Well I'm still here at home! Still no sign of anything happening. Get the occasional twinge but can't decide whether it is the onset of contractions, a Braxton Hicks or just Proto moving... also still have backache. Even tried putting clean sheets on the bed and having freshly washed PJs last night in the hope that it would stimulate something, but alas no. So (probably TMI here) have gone for the white knickers approach this morning. Honestly this is starting to be worse than waiting for AF to arrive so you know you are on the countdown to starting Down Reg and the IVF rollercoaster.

Weve now also got to the stage where both DH & I are fed up with people ringing to ask if we have had the baby or seeing us out & about and stating the obvious ('oh so you haven't had it yet then?) so we have now decided to switch off our mobiles and keep the answerphone on the main phone so we can screen calls. A bit selfish I know, but the wait is starting to be stressful enough without being hassled. BTW, I don't count you girls in the hassle category as you've been alongside right through this and understand.

Actually one more thing just to make you laugh, DH has decided that Braxton Hicks sounds like Braxton should be some kind of cartoon bear who causes mischief and Hicks his squirrel-esque sidekick. Oh dear.... :snigger:
Elisa
IVF Aug 09 - Brief BFP

My Trying Again Diary

Saturday, October 9th 2010, 12:27pm

Also still here....
Had more Braxton Hicks last night, but still nothing more. Gosh, I feel huge and about ready to pop.
I've also, over the last two days, developed some lovely piles...OMG - the things we have to go through to have a baby!! They are very painful at the moment, but I only started applying the cream last night, so hopefully this will ease off. My body feels like a car crash at the moment - I just hope to goodness that I get something like 'me' back at the end of all this.

Sorry to sound so miserable. I promise to try to cheer up. I'm off to have a manicure and pedicure this afternoon, so hopefully that will help :smile:

Saturday, October 9th 2010, 1:06pm

Elisa and Elaine.... at least you know it wont be too long now but at the same time i bet its frustrating just waiting !!!
Try walking up and down the stairs side ways and eating pineapple and drinking rasberry leaf tea plus have a really hot curry tonight whilst watching the X-Factor - that has to work ! :)

MY DIARY

Reg: Dec 22nd 2008

Children: St Mary's

Saturday, October 9th 2010, 8:55pm

Thanks for all your welcomes girls!

Ros - Congratulations on the birth of your two little boys. Gorgeous names x

Elisa and Elaine - Im sending lots of labour vibes your way. Hope your little ones decide to come and say hi soon.

Felt exhausted yesterday after a full week of work so had an early night and a lazy day today. Just what the doctor ordered. Only 3 more weeks left at work and it couldnt come soon enough.

Hope your all having a good weekend.

Feb/March 2009 1st IVF BFP blighted ovum diagnosed @ 8 week scan
babydust
2nd IVF April :BFP: Two baby8 bab10 due 22nd December 2010
Fingers Crossed this time will result in our much wanted Baby X

Sunday, October 10th 2010, 11:24am

Emziiui, Have to admit I have not tried walking up the stairs sideways, so will give that a go today. Have tried curry, raspberry leaf tea & pineapple. Decided to give the X-factor a miss, but was watching a bit of strictly and Proto was wriggling to the music.
Thought something was starting to happen yesterday as was getting what seemed to be early contractions every 25 minutes or so, but considering it is now Sunday morning and I am still here, must have been Braxton Hicks again. I'm trying not to get frustrated & clearly Proto is far too comfortable where he/she is, but we just want to meet our little one....

Elaine - how are you doing today? Hope the cream is working. [zx062]

Kelly - thanks for the labour vibes xfingers they will do the trick.

Ok, I still have some pineapple in the fridge, so I think it is now time for some belated elevenses of rapberry leaf tea with a side dish of fresh pineapple and raspberries.....

Take care everyone, and I'll keep you updated but if there is a bit of a gap between posts it could mean that something is happening .....

Elisa
IVF Aug 09 - Brief BFP

My Trying Again Diary

Sunday, October 10th 2010, 11:40am

Hi Elisa, fingers crossed for you today .. and you Elaine !

I'm feeling so bored right now. Hubster went out on the town last night and didnt get in until 3am totally wasted, had to show him where the toilet was at 5am as he was trying to walk though a wall !!!
So alone again this morning while hes sleeping it off. pffffffffff... little bit pissed off but i guess thats just me being selfish as I hate being on my own !!

Contemplating going for a walk....

Em xxx

MY DIARY

Reg: May 28th 2009

Sunday, October 10th 2010, 3:32pm

Emziiui - I completely understand. For me it is definitely the case of the green eyed monster. Oh how I miss having a good night out and then falling in to bed afterwards - but don't miss the hangover!

Elaine and Elise - good luck and I will send positive thoughts your way so things start happening soon.

Sunday, October 10th 2010, 4:32pm

Thanks for all the good wishes and labour vibes, ladies. :smile:

Still here, and after my outing yesterday am feeling the pain of the weight of my bump. My toenails look lovely though! :teehee:
It's 10/10/10 today, so would have been a nice day to have the baby, especially as mathematicians also say that this represents the number '42' in binary (which as we know is the answer to life, the universe and everything!) :loony:

The pile cream seems to be doing its job, as I am less uncomfortable 'down there' today, but I'm still pretty fed up to be honest. Just want the baby here now.

Another of our NCT ladies (who was due last Tuesday) had her baby this morning, so she is the third of the 8 of us. Another lady is overdue by a couple of days now too, then I and another girl (due on the same day as me) are up next. I suppose it's only fair to wait our turn.

Hope you are doing OK Elisa - who knows, you may have gone into labour since you posted earlier today!!

Monday, October 11th 2010, 1:12pm

No news from Elisa yet today?!

xfingers xfingers xfingers xfingers xfingers xfingers

Monday, October 11th 2010, 1:14pm

Guess what girls .... I'm still here & still waiting!!!! Owing to lack of birth ball, am soon going to try bouncing on DH's knee to see if that helps. It is probably a guaranteed way to ensure that we end up at the hospital, albeit with me taking him to A&E rather than him taking me to maternity.

Elaine, looks like I hit submit at the same time as you....
Elisa
IVF Aug 09 - Brief BFP

My Trying Again Diary

Reg: Dec 27th 2008

Monday, October 11th 2010, 1:25pm

Just stopping by to say congratulations to Ros, you must be exhausted but on cloud 9!!

Sorry to Elaine & Elisa that you're still waiting..... I hope you're not kept waiting too much longer. x

ICSI Dec 08 & June 09 BFN, ICSI Dec 09 :BFP: Our miracle son born 1st Oct 2010

Monday, October 11th 2010, 1:27pm

Guess what girls .... I'm still here & still waiting!!!! Owing to lack of birth ball, am soon going to try bouncing on DH's knee to see if that helps. It is probably a guaranteed way to ensure that we end up at the hospital, albeit with me taking him to A&E rather than him taking me to maternity.

Elaine, looks like I hit submit at the same time as you....

Booo! :teehee:
Was really hoping that your absence was GOOD news!! :smile:

Still here too. Think this baby is going to make us use our induction appointment on Thursday....

Tuesday, October 12th 2010, 6:13am

Don't get too excited by the fact that I am the early bird this morning ... still no signs of Proto. This baby is either very comfortable or very shy newshy Have been awake since just before 5am as had a sharp pain beneath my ribs on the left hand side. I will be in need of a zzzz later that is for sure as I feel :tired: now, but can't get back to sleep. Mind you, would have been getting up in about 30 mins anyway as have appointment with the consultant at 8.55am. Got a little concerned yesterday that Proto wasn't moving much but he/she has certainly been making up for it this morning.... I also now know that the really noisy duck on the lake outside our house wakes up at 5.15am. How can one duck make so much noise? (There's more than one duck on the lake, but only one really noisy one. There are also 7 sweet little ducklings too.... ducklings in October!)

Tried bouncing on DH's knee yesterday. He was laughing then went out to Argos and got me a fitness ball to bounce on instead. He claimed it would be more comfortable for me, but really I think he wanted to ensure we did not end up in A&E .... but I was sitting on his left leg and he drives an automatic, so what was he worried about?? :snigger: Not sure what Proto made of it all, but there I was last night sitting on the ball, bouncing away and laughing my head off at the Peter Sellers Pink Panther film which was on Film 4. Don't know what it is about old comedy films and programmes (or maybe it just says something about me) but it doesn't really matter how many times you watch them, the best made ones are still really funny. Poor Proto was probably wondering what on earth mummy was doing :mmmmmm

Anyway, I will update you later with what the consultant has to say.

Elaine - any sign of your little one just yet??

Elisa
IVF Aug 09 - Brief BFP

My Trying Again Diary

Reg: Nov 7th 2008

Children: None

Tuesday, October 12th 2010, 10:07am

Huge Congrats to Ros!
Sounds like you will have them both home in no time... Amazing news....

xxx
XXX BellaLove XXX

Feb '10 xfingers Hoping it sticks! xfingers

Tuesday, October 12th 2010, 1:46pm

Still here....still nothing....
Had the worst ever case of heartburn/acid reflux in bed last night, so didn't get much sleep at all.
Am pretty much resigned to this baby not making an appearance on its own, and that we'll be going in for induction or c-section on Thursday. I mention c-section, because at the last check (a week ago) the baby was still not engaged, and it is STILL moving about like a mad thing. It seems to be all over on the left of my tummy at the moment, and I'm wondering if it's now got itself completely out of position. If it has, my consultant has already said he wants no messing about - a quick section to get it out will be the order of the day. :sadface: Really hope that doesn't happen, but I suppose I need to be prepared for it.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Make the most of it before you get to the end, as believe me, it gets a lot harder in the last week or two!

Elisa - what did your cons have to say?!

Tuesday, October 12th 2010, 3:18pm

Hi everyone,

So we went the really bumpy route to the hospital this morning, taking all the back roads to avoid the traffic and judging by the queue we saw on the main road, looks like a good job we did too.
Usual thing at the hosp .. pee in the pot (clear), BP - fine 105/70, bump measuring 36cm and as for is Proto engaged or not, well no surprises here ... not! Midwife said that I still had a long way to go as I was only at 2/5, but then one of the docs interpreted what she had written in the notes as meaning that I am 3/5 engaged with only 2/5 palpable. DH & I are now confused, but I have an appointment to see the community midwife tomorrow, so I will get her to check again. Saw the registrar instead of the obs consultant today who mentioned the induction word and then tried to do a sweep, but apparently I was a bit tense so she couldn't do it. Tense... what did she expect with a doc I hadn't seen before who had just mentioned the phrase I didn't want to hear??? Anyway, am going to ask the midwife to have another go tomorrow. DH reckoned the midwife would have more success and then commented on how young the registrar looked. Must admit I had been thinking the same (about the registrar), so I must really be getting old as I now think doctors are looking young!! Proto has 1.5 weeks to put in an appearance, otherwise I have to rock up at the hospital at 3pm on Oct 21st to get the dreaded process started. One of the girls from antenatal has suggested trying reflexology to get things kickstarted (apparently it worked for her SIL who happens to be a midwife), so I am now going to look into that as I am willing to give anything a try & am not prepared to [zx103] just yet....

Elaine - hope it just ends up as an induction rather than a CS xfingers xfingers . We've turned into a right pair at the top of the due date list, haven't we?

Right, I'm off to update my diary now. Hope everyone else is doing ok....

Elisa
IVF Aug 09 - Brief BFP

My Trying Again Diary

Reg: May 23rd 2009

Children: DS 11 years old, DD 8 years old. DH none

Tuesday, October 12th 2010, 5:27pm

:snigger: hi there everyone!! i thought it was time i was brave enough to post here!! cant keep putting it off!!! ^^ im running out of weeks!!

BIG congrats to Ros!!! i hope you will all be home soon!!! :party:

Elisa and Elaine Bless you both!! i bet you are pulling your hair out by now!!

how is everyone else?? well our holiday went well, we had a lovely time!! no problems at the airport on the way out or the way back! nobody even asked to see my Dr's letter!! the only problem i has was swollen feet which seem to have settled back down now! we have been busy since we got home, which is why i have not posted til now! we arrived home friday the 1st and had a load of hospital letters waiting for us so last week was nuts! hospital to see the cons for me, they still saying that they want to enduce me at 39 weeks and im still saying NO,NO,NO,NO! :snigger: i have to go back at the end of week 38! :cross:

my poor dad had surgery the tuesday after we got back. but for a change it went well!! Bless him he really is a fighter! so its been a nuts week!!

ME 33
DH 34
TTC 2yrs
clomid x 5 :BFN:
ME HSG clear
All scans clear
BFP!!! PLEASE STAY!!

Tuesday, October 12th 2010, 7:00pm

Hello all,

Elisa & Elaine - logged on thinking there would be good news from at least one of you :8o: Just think you'll both be meeting your little ones by the weekend :happy:

Welcome Poppy :thumbsup2:

I had a scan and appointment today. Both girls are growing well and my BP is good. Only dissappointing thing is twin 1 is breech so consultant mentioned a c-section for the first time. Hoping twin 1 turns by next scan in two weeks as I really wanted to have a natural delivery but we'll see. Important thing is they are growing as they should.

Im finishing work two weeks on Thursday and cant wait. My legs and back are really aching so counting down the days thumbup

babydust

Wednesday, October 13th 2010, 7:53am

hey girlies

welcome poppy - when is your due date so i can put you on the list ?

come on Elisa and Elaine cant be too long now :) Hot curry and concert the next step :D Any news ???

Bet its sich a good feeling knowing you only have 2 weeks left at work Kelly !

MY DIARY

Reg: May 23rd 2009

Children: DS 11 years old, DD 8 years old. DH none

Wednesday, October 13th 2010, 9:09am

thank you kelly and emziiui for the warm welcome! i am due on the 27th of november! :P

ME 33
DH 34
TTC 2yrs
clomid x 5 :BFN:
ME HSG clear
All scans clear
BFP!!! PLEASE STAY!!

Wednesday, October 13th 2010, 11:39am

Hi all

I'm still here, and still no baby! I go in tomorrow to be induced/have a c-section (depending on baby's position), so at least I know that the end is in sight now, and to be honest, I'd rather not give birth on the 13th!!

Hope you are all well. I have a huge amount of respect for those of you still working so close to your due dates - not sure I could have managed it!

Reg: Jun 16th 2009

Children: twin girls

Wednesday, October 13th 2010, 11:51am

Good luck Elaine I hope all goes well x

Kirstin's Parenting Diary

Jan 09 Icsi BFN May 09 Fet BFN Sept 09 Icsi BFN Jan 10 :BFP:
:girl: :girl: c-section 13/09/10

Wednesday, October 13th 2010, 2:01pm

Good luck for tomorrow Elaine. My friend went into labour the night before she was due to be induced so there is still a chance. 13th isnt always unlucky I met my DF 6 years ago today :happy:

Elisa - Any news ?( ?( ?(

babydust

Wednesday, October 13th 2010, 3:46pm

Sorry, girls. Hope the lack of post from me until now has not been getting you excited.

Tried curry for dinner last night .... nothing. Went to see the midwife earlier. She said she would not be surprised if Proto didn't put in an appearance in about 3 days. It seems I am still only 2/5 engaged, although apparently this is normal, but also said that the baby could be back to back .... great! Proto has been pretty quiet today, so much so that they were giving me until 2pm to feel some decent movements, otherwise they were going to send me to the hospital for monitoring. Thankfully at 1.30 the little mite had a good wriggle so instead of going to the hospital at 2pm, I went to my reflexology appointment instead. It was quite relaxing and now I shall just wait and see if it makes any difference. The only other news from me is that baby number 3 from antenatal was born on Sunday. It's got to the point now that the antenatal girls are apologising to me for queue jumping!!!! So that's 3 born (all early) and, including Proto, 3 still to arrive.

Elaine - there's still a chance of labour starting naturally. What time are you due at the hospital tomorrow? I'll be thinking of you and hope that all goes well. xfingers :hugs: :goodluck:

Oh well, time to go and update my diary otherwise there will be non 3rd tri people starting to get excited.

Take care everyone,
Elisa
IVF Aug 09 - Brief BFP

My Trying Again Diary

Reg: Jan 20th 2007

Wednesday, October 13th 2010, 7:00pm

Spooky

I don't manage to get on here much at all so have got quite out of the loop. I spend most of any time I do get on catching up with where everyone is rather than chipping in! Have to say though, Elisa your post has got me laughing! I was due about the same time as you and now read that you are still waiting too. I am also 2/5 and the m/w also thinks baby is back-to-back. Just wanted to share that I resisted Googling that little gem because a new but experienced m/w at my practice told me that all it means is that for every 3 contractions, 2 push down and one turns the baby - so your body corrects the positioning all by itself! Obviously any time you can spend on your hands and knees or bouncing on your ball also assists!

Good luck anyway...anytime now..... x

ICSI 2007 DS
FET Jan 2010 BFP
:sticky: :dust: :sticky:

United Kingdom

Wednesday, October 13th 2010, 9:18pm

Good Luck Elaine for tomorrow! Keep us updated of any news! xx

starsmile My Diary

Thursday, October 14th 2010, 7:53am

HALL OF DUE DATES

OCTOBER

Elisa - 9th October

Elaineh - 12th October

NOVEMBER

Angelbaby - 2nd November

Bellalove - 4th November

JoJo 1974 - 8th November

Andie 20521- 19th November

Dmh36 - 20th November

Poppy32 - 27th November

DECEMBER

Hopeful H - 8th December

Emziuii - 9th December

Natural Horse - 14th December

Miss Purple - 18th December

Kelly1981 - 22nd December

OUR LOVELY MUMS:

Flic 25th February
Claire_A 13th April
Sandy 13th April
Kat - 22th April
Jess 12th April
Roxy 20th April
Kelly 25th April
Nicole (Rainbowbridge) 10th May
Bry 15th May
Inik (Klaudia) 16th May
Lynne 24th May
Betti 25th May
Laura (landi) 28th May
Kangolka 1st June
Blue Sky 24th June
Kaborex 1st July
JVA jess 7/7/10 Boy
BGE Greeny 14/7/10 Boy
Rockchick 16/7 Boy
Pushoz, Zoe 21/7 Twins boy and girl
Emma, Aiwah 30/7 Twins boy and girl
Jasper 30/7 boy
Rach 1973 15/08 Boy
2Mums - 25/08 Boy
Michy - 25/08 Boy
Sinker76 (Cindy) - 03/09 - Boy
KD40 - 05/09 - Boy
Jol - 11/09 - Boy
Kirstin - 13/09 - 2 girls
Lalazig - 25/09 - girl
Simmo - 1/10 - boy
RosB - 08/10 - Twin Boys [Finlay and Alexander]

MY DIARY

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 12th 2009

Children: Scarlett Holly born 25/12/2010

Thursday, October 14th 2010, 8:59am

Hi all - hope you're doing well.

Hey Poppy - I caught you back up :D

Hmm - when does a midwife generally start talking about labour and the birth - and this ere "birthplan" i've heard so much about??

Those who know me will know my m/w is a useless bag and isn't much help at the best of times, with anything. So was sat here scouring my books etc for info on it all last night... Just my next appt is tomorrow, at 31 wks - and i'll be in the process of moving Dr's in a fortnight and changing Midwife too - but don't want to get "lost in the system" etc with it all.

[zx161] xx
Natural :BFP: June 2011! biggrin2 bab21

Thursday, October 14th 2010, 10:12am

Miss Purple, my midwife wanted suggested the birth plan at the 34 week check so it could be discussed at the 36 week appointment. You can find all sorts of info about birth plans online, but the suggestion given to me was to write it in bullet point format and include things such as who will be there with you, who you want to tell you the sex of the baby, any pain relief methods you want / don't want, how involved you want your birth partner to be etc etc Hope this helps.

AFM, well no prizes for guessing that Proto is still a no show. My posts must be getting really boring for you all to read by now!

Hope everything is going well for Elaine.

Take care,
Elisa
IVF Aug 09 - Brief BFP

My Trying Again Diary

Thursday, October 14th 2010, 12:43pm

Snap Miss Purple! I have just thought of writing a birth plan but my MW hasn't mentioned it as of yet. I have looked online for examples, and my NCT classes help, but I still don't think birth plans are that important. I think learning about the process and knowing what to expect is great, but writing a plan for your 'ideal' labour experience - I just think is pointless to be honest. It will happen, however it is going to happen, and i will deal with it as best as I can at the time. I will be open-minded about pain relief (but know the pros and cons of each drug before the labour) and if I feel strongly about something, I will open my mouth and talk to the MW/nurse/doctor about it at the time. I will make sure that DH is aware of all this as well before labour (again NCT classes help with this), so that we are singing from the same hymn sheet.

As for the back to back thing - yes that's something that is whispered around me as well with great horror. I have goggled it though, and NCT class has gone through some exercises which can help to turn the baby, so that helps ease my mind a little.

Thursday, October 14th 2010, 3:25pm

Hi all - just had my 31w appointment with my MW and I must admit that I am a little concerned. Blood pressure was slightly up (but still well within the normal range), trace protein found in urine and low iron levels found in blood. Nothing was said about the trace protein, I guess that means that it is nothing to worry about?!? I have been prescribed iron tablets three times a day, and I will be sure to up the foods rich in iron in my diet as well - as well as the foods which counteracts the effect of increased iron! Heartbeat checked and sounded lovely and LO even kicked the MW's hand!

But the thing that I am most worried about is that at 28w, LO measured at 29cm, today LO measured at 28cm! The MW seemed unconcerned as LO seems to be lying in an awkward, diagonal angle, but wanted to book me in for a scan anyway just to be safe. I already have a scan booked in for next Friday so told her not to worry about it as the size can be checked then.

At the time of the appointment I was reassured when the MW said it was measuring small probably just because of its position because yesterday afternoon I remember zipping up my jacket and realising that I had no more growing room left in it, but then this morning I had plenty of room left. So just a change of position makes sense.

But now I have a whole week to wait, think and worry until the scan and now I feel silly for declining the chance to have an earlier scan.

Has anyone else ever measured smaller than the last appointment due to the baby's position?

Thursday, October 14th 2010, 3:35pm

Simple answer to your question NH is ... yes. It could be the way the baby is lying or human error by the person measuring the bump. Has it been the same person every time or a combination of GP and midwife. I wouldn't really worry about having to wait a week for the scan as, unless it was considered a true emergency (& then your midwife should have told you that a week was too long to wait) I suspect you would not have got an appointment for the scan much before the one you already have. Just make sure the sonographer knows that bub's size needs to be checked too. Having said all that, if you do still feel unhappy about waiting until Friday, phone the MW to see if she can get you an earlier appointment just to put your mind at rest.

AFM, Proto is having a very active day today compared to yesterday. Wonder if this means he/she is planning on doing anything? ?(
Elisa
IVF Aug 09 - Brief BFP

My Trying Again Diary

Thursday, October 14th 2010, 3:48pm

Elisa - it's been the same MW and she measured three times - so no human error. :(

Hope Proto makes an appearance for you today/tonight.

United Kingdom

Friday, October 15th 2010, 9:22am

Any news from Elisa and Elaine??? Its gone quiet in here again....
I had a few more twinges last night but they never amounted to anything. So much for everyone including myself i was going to be early as I always am..... Just shows every baby is different. I haven't put any weight on for a month now, just hope that baby is doing ok in there, the midwife doesn't seem concerned at all and babyis measuring bigger than average by scan and tape measure. Lots of people are saying how much I have dropped but I could be like that for weeks?
Hope all are aok, looking forward to baby news!

Tracy xxx

starsmile My Diary

Friday, October 15th 2010, 10:57am

Surprise, surprise, girls I'm still here waiting for Proto! :-( The only development is that I have managed to sprain my ankle slightly (turned it as I was coming down the stairs) so currently have a strapping on it for extra support. Had a couple of Braxton Hicks last night and what felt like the start of period pain this morning, but it seems to have stopped now. I'm off to visit one of the girls from antenatal this afternoon in the hope that giving her baby a cuddle will encourage Proto to do something.

NH ... sorry that my suggestion about human error hasn't helped. I saw a different midwife one week as my usual one had been in a mild car accident and that is when the difference in measuring the bump happened. As I said yesterday, though, I'm sure that had she really been worried, she would have insisted on booking you another scan.

Oh well, time to go and find something useful to do. I do have some ironing waiting to be done, but quite frankly the prospect of getting down on my hands and knees and cleaning the kitchen floor is more appealing right now!

Take care,
Elisa
IVF Aug 09 - Brief BFP

My Trying Again Diary

Reg: Feb 9th 2010

Children: 1 perfect boy born after icsi tx

Friday, October 15th 2010, 11:32pm

Hi all, just catching up on all the news after being offline (technical probs!) for over a week. I felt like I was missing a limb not being on here. Great news Ros, have posted in your diary. Just waiting now on Elisa and Elaine to give us some drama........

AFM, have had major changes in baby over the last week, really moving funny and I'm having lots of aches, pains and twinges. Everything feels heavy and weird down below. Sorry I don't have a better description than that but it all seems so strange. My body just doesn't feel like mine any more. I expected this in the last couple of weeks but not this early. I'm trying not to whinge because at least I know baby is well and if anyone has read my diary they will know this is more important than anything else. Well I'm off to have a cup of raspberry leaf tea, I know some mw's and docs don't recommend it until 36/37 weeks but at my last antenatal class they said we should be starting 6-8 weeks before EDD. Who knows what to believe? Night all. x

FET JAN 2012 - 2 embies :BFN:
2 still on ice for another day xfingers

My Diary

Saturday, October 16th 2010, 8:28am

Hi girls, good to see you back hopeful, i was wondering where you had got to ! I know what you mean about aches pains and twinges.

Over this last week I have had really bad back pain if i stand still for more than 5 minutes, if i sit down again it goes about half an hour later. In the night my bump "aches" and turning over is an effort. Not sure about taking rasberry leaf tea this early, think i will leave it until i finish work ! lol ... dont want my waters breaking there !

Elisa, was hoping for some good news yesterday but i guess with this spell of colder weather your Proto is all warm and snuggly and doesnt want to come out ! Fingers crossed for this weekend ! Will be thinking about you.

No news from Elaine ?

Went to the second antenatal class on Thursday and we had a tour of the delivery suite and the birthing centre, not sure if i should have gone as now cant stop thinking about that massive clinical looking bed in the middle of the room with an old chair in the corner.. I may have to pack some cushions and "homely" touches in my hospital bag !

Well, I have my 32 week scan on Monday for the low lying placenta to see if it is moved... part of me is hoping it hasnt so I can have a c-section.. to me that is less scary than giving birth naturally, wierd huh ! I'll let you know how it all goes.

On another note, can anyone recommend a good birthing ball that isnt to expensive ?

Em xx

MY DIARY

Saturday, October 16th 2010, 11:19am

Hi girls,

Don't get too excited, but I think something may finally be happening. Have been awake since 4am with either contractions or massive Braxton Hicks (but I think the former). xfingers xfingers

Emziiui - birthing ball, having a look in Argos at their fitness balls. You can get a 65cm one for between £6.99 and £9.99
Elisa
IVF Aug 09 - Brief BFP

My Trying Again Diary

Saturday, October 16th 2010, 4:05pm

Do you know if they are anti-burst Elisa ? Anymore news on the contractions ?

Em x

MY DIARY

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 12th 2009

Children: Scarlett Holly born 25/12/2010

Saturday, October 16th 2010, 5:07pm

Ooh ooh ooooh Elisa, exciting times!! xfingers
Natural :BFP: June 2011! biggrin2 bab21

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread: