You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

kd40

Ace

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 7th 2009

Children: One cheeky boy

Tuesday, July 27th 2010, 7:47pm

Hello girls and bumps - hope you are all well

Aiwah - you bet I'm counting down to maternity leave! - The new girl is lovely - it was just so quiet today there was not much to show her - She's off training somewhere else tomorrow so I get my computer back for a day - yes! - also had a lovely phonecall today was someone just saying thank you for arranging some special stock for him - aww what a sweetie! Friday's not long to go hun! - hope all goes well - *hugs*

Jasper - DH would go spare if our sky+ box broke - i think he might actually cry! - Try ITV player for your corrie - I'm sure they'd all be there to watch - even if you did have to sit at your computer. Fingers crossed you meet your little one soon!

Michy - how lovely to have a baby shower! - I think work will give me a presentation on Friday and I'm dreading it! - they usually do a collection - but I don't think they'd have collected much for me! teehee I'm going for reflex next week - but just for relaxation - might let her start on my ankles after 38 weeks though!

Cindy - that outfit is gorgeous! - When we went to next outlet they had blue and pink baby keepsake boxes with a little bear on the top - they say born in 2010 on the top too in sticky out letters - I couldn't resist buying it for lil chic scan photos and hospital tags etc. We didn't get our cot up - DH WILL do it this wekend (he has been told) as he's on-call so can't leave the house anyway - right where I want him! Glad your midwife appointment went well

I went for measuring in mothercare too and the woman told me that she wouldn't let me buy a nursing bra until week 38 - so I'm going to go when I'm 37 weeks when I next see consultant - hopefully they'll still have there sale on.

AFM - had a wobble last night when had a panic that I wouldn't be able to breastfeed so spent ages on google - as I lost a hell of a lot of weigt a few years ago I don't have the most upright breasts if you pardon the expression - so I began to panic! - I'm fine today - funny how things can get to you!

Also I have a question - people on TV shows etc seem to be told the est weight/size of their baby etc - when do they tell you this? - as you know from my previous posts they tell me nothing! Going to have to be more assertive when i go next week.

DH has annoyed me tonight - I asked him to get me a paper today - he left it at work - then I asked him to turn the water off in the bath I was running - he turned the cold off but not the hot - so I now have a scalding tub full of water - with a broken plug (the chain broke off so you can't empty the bath without putting your hand in - bloody men! - or mores to the point my bloody man! - and Ibought him a xbox mag today - have a good notion to go hide it.
:BFP: Dec 2009 - IVF 1st try - our little miracle!
:BFP: June 2011 - Natural - another complete miracle - fingers crossed all is ok

Jasper

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Wednesday, July 28th 2010, 7:22am

Morning everyone,

I have been up since 4.30 as I just couldn't get comfy! Luckily we had moved our sky box from upstairs to the living room so I have been able to watch a few hours of rubbish!!! :snigger: I will probably try and go back to bed for a few hours this morning, as I need to keep my energy levels up just incase!

Michy- That must have been a great surprise, thinking you were going for dinner and it was your baby shower!!! What lovely presents did you get???

Kirsten- You will have to make sure you get out and about in your car lots after the expense of a new car and the seats and bases!

Emma- I bet you are so excited about Friday! I am hoping my baby makes an appearance by the weekend too!

Cindy- We went for the same car seat base as you as my car doesn't have isofix either. I have got it in my car ready to go! I have got quite a few things from Babies R Us, it seems like a good shop and they have good offers. I think I will browse through the Next catalogue today and get my lists ready!!!

Kd40- I haven't been told anything about the weight either. I thought they could only tell from a scan. Does anyone else know???

AFM- I had a lazy day yesterday and felt quite fed up by the end of it. I need to keep busy rather than sit around waiting for something to happen. We went for a drink last night with the NCT group. It was good to catch up with them again. I'm still getting myself stressed about visitors when the baby first arrives. My parents want to come and visit the day it is born but I really would like time for us to settle in at home. As they have a 2 hour journey they are likely to stay for a while. I also worry that they will be watching my every move and may even try and take over! They then want to come for 2 whole days the following weekend after the birth. I feel likes its too much but really don't know how to tell them! I don't think they intend coming to help as they visited on Monday and I was asked on 2 occasions to get them a drink! They made some food in my kitchen and left it like an absolute bomb site and with a montain of washing up which I had to tackle after they left. They plan to visit on Monday and Tuesday next week even if the baby hasn't arrived yet! DH said I have to tell them to do the washing up before they leave. I can barely get close enough to the sink now! I think it upsets me more because they were barely there for me throughout the IVF treatment and were not very supportive. The worst point being when we had the 7 week scan and I called my Mum to say that we there was one strong heartbeat and we were so happy, she said she was disappointed it wasn't twins!!! How is everyone else planning on tackling these types of problems??? Sorry to moan but it's really getting to me!!!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

• "angels&babies" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 26th 2008

Children: Annalise Joy Morrison born December 2009 from 2nd ICSI.........4 Snow Babies on ice,x

Wednesday, July 28th 2010, 9:24am

2nd ICSI March 2009 :BFP:
4 Top Grade 1 Frosties in Waiting for next time!
bab21
My Diary

Reg: Jun 16th 2009

Children: twin girls

Wednesday, July 28th 2010, 9:37am

Jasper it can be difficult dealing with families. If I was you I would be honest from the beginning so as you are not worrying. Explain that you would like time on your own to get into a routine or maybe there visit would be great if they were willing to cook and clean for you and see their reaction. I am lucky as my mum is the only one that will want to spend a lot of time here and I will be glad of her help. She has already offered to do some cleaning but we are managing. I hope to BF and it will be great having mum here to wind and change and take them a walk so I can have a doze. As we have a great relationship I can tell her what I want and what I don't want but I know how lucky I am. Good luck x

Kirstin's Parenting Diary

Jan 09 Icsi BFN May 09 Fet BFN Sept 09 Icsi BFN Jan 10 :BFP:
:girl: :girl: c-section 13/09/10

kd40

Ace

United Kingdom

Wednesday, July 28th 2010, 11:17am

Hello all

Hope you're having a good day,

Jasper - I've sort of the same thing with my MIL - I have told DH that when we come home from hospital I want the day to ourselves - it's easy to tell my parents as I can be quite blunt - but his are different - I feel I can't say anything to them so have asked him to say - and guess what - nothing so far! Will have to push the subject or just come out with it myself :)
:BFP: June 2011 - Natural - another complete miracle - fingers crossed all is ok

Reg: Mar 17th 2008

Children: Twins!

Wednesday, July 28th 2010, 3:57pm

I think you just have to go with the flow with parents and be blunt with them if they become too overbearing.
My MIL will be kicking around from day 1, but I think that DH and I have reached an agreement that we'll be the ones looking after babies and she can look after us.... hopefully that will work out. :innocent:

kd40 - I only got told weight estimations from going for the extra growth scans at 28,32 and 35 weeks. They take a load of measurements and using average density of a baby can give you a calculation for weights. They are not accurate because it depends on how fat/skinny/boney your baby is, but it helps them gauge on growth.

Cindy - nice sleepsuit!
* Emma * :smile:
TTC 8 yrs PCOS - Clomidx10 - IVFx3
Nov 2009 Last try: Short protocol ICSI - wonderful BFP!!! -
TWINS!!
: D

2mums

Star

Reg: Jun 28th 2008

Children: One gorgeous son

Wednesday, July 28th 2010, 4:22pm

Hey girls! Don't worry I haven't gone into labour or anything, just not been online for a while :snigger:

Kirsten, what a nightmare having to change our car! It's a good thing you're getting everything organised nice and early so at least you have time to sort it out.

Jasper, we're planning to have no visitors at all for at least a week after the baby is born - after that we'll have an 'open house' day where people can just drop in. We're going to tell people when the visiting day is - and that's that! You're the one who decides when you want visitors, nobody else. It may sound harsh and of course I want my famliy and friends to meet Bobble - but Mrs Me and I both think it's realy important that we bond as a family first.

Cindy that little sleepsuit is sooo cute!

Michy, how lovely that your friend organised a baby shower. Glad the palpitations are a bit better.

AFM, saw my midwife today and Bobble's head in engaged :thumbsup: She's cool about going ahead with the home birth, though I may have to get my bloods checked every week. woohoo

ICSI Apr09 BFN
ICSI Jul09 BFP m/c (blighted ovum)
ICSI Nov09 :BFP:
:boy:

Reg: May 14th 2009

Children: We are so lucky - our 'Little Wriggler' Lewis Young arrived safely on 03.09.2010 and we are so grateful to have been blessed again, as he now has a little baby brother on the way :o) X

Wednesday, July 28th 2010, 6:04pm

Afternoon GIRLIES,

well my sis came to visit with her twins this morning - they are nearly 5 months now and have changed so much since I last saw them about 4 weeks ago!! They are gorgeous and my sis is finding it so much easier now they are both sleeping through the night. This afternoon I rang the local Sure Start Centre to see if we could get onto an antenatal labour workshop before WRIGGLER arrives...I have been looking for classes for ages because the hospital doesn't do them but nowhere round here seems to do them!!!! We wanted to get onto the NCT ones, but the only one that was available when I enquired in June was over 4 week days in the same week, and Wayne couldn't possibly have that much time off work!! I managed to get a place on the breastfeeding class next week, but she said they would have to ask the midwife and let me know about the labour workshop as it is fully booked, and the only one they are doing now until September!!!! Hopefully the midwife will take pity on me and be able to squeeze another one in xfingers I was up most of the night last night with toothache - think I set a nerve off again, so am off to the dentist again tomorrow for another temporary filling!!

2MUMS - GREAT news about Bobble's head :D and about the midwife being happy for you to have a home birth :D X

KD40 - like Emma, I only know the estimated weight of WRIGGLER because of the extra scans, although I think you can also get a rough estimate from your fundal height measurements (when the midwife measures your bump) in your pregnancy notes, you know when they plot the measurements on your graph ?( Your keepsake box sounds lovely :D Hope you are over your little wobble - I'm sure women who haven't got the most 'upright breasts' can breastfeed just as well as those with pert ones!! :snigger: I know what you mean though, I really want to breastfeed and have recently started to worry about not being able to do it...what if I don't get enough milk...what if my milk's not good enough...what if WRIGGLER won't latch on??? ETC ETC ETC!! I think it's normal to worry about all these things, and at the end of the day we just have to go with what our bodies will allow us to do, and not be too hard on them if they won't do what we want!! Did you give DH his mag? :snigger: X

JASPER - aw hun I have the opposite problem with my mum...she really hasn't really shown a lot of interest since we found out we were pregnant, even though see knows what we had to go through to get here, so I don't think I will have to worry about her being around too much - she's probably bored by now, afterall this will be her 5th grandchild!! Wayne's mum on the other hand wants to be at the hospital and then come home with us, but I, like you, just want it to be me, Wayne and WRIGGLER for at least the first day!! We are just going to have to tell her that that is what we want, although she won't like it!! I think the girls are right, you and DH have to do what you want no matter how hard it is to tell your family because you don't want your first few days with your new LO to be spoilt by having people there if that's not what you want, especially after what you have been through to finally become a family!! X

KIRSTIN - I see you couldn't sleep either last night!! :snigger: You and your mum sound like you have a really good relationship and I think that is lovely :D X

EMMA - only 2 days to go now :D Hope you're enjoying your last few days!! X

Hi to everyone else - hope you are all having a good day XXXXXXXX

Oct 07 - BFP - M/C
Dec 09 - IVF - BFP - DS#1 EC/S @ 40+6
Feb 12 - BFP - DS#2 @ 41
My Diary

joL

Ace

Reg: Oct 8th 2009

Thursday, July 29th 2010, 12:14am

Hi girls how is every1 getting on? Getting v close for some. Lucky ducks, im at the stage were I would like a fast forward button. Anyone done perineal massage, I want to, tmi tried it today wasnt v successful couldnt get in the right position and dont think I was doin it properly. Any tips would be appreciated
JoJo xx

:BFP: 25th Dec 09 au naturale
Bouncing baby boy Lee 9lb65oz. 11th sept 2010

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Thursday, July 29th 2010, 10:52am

Hi Jojo,

I haven't even attempted it but I think you will need to get your other half to do it for you. As your bump gets bigger it will become even more difficult for you to do!!!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Reg: Sep 28th 2009

Children: A beautiful, miracle FET baby girl

Thursday, July 29th 2010, 11:07am

Hi all

Is it OK to join you all in this very scary 3rd Tri!?
Gosh - this is all feeling a little bit real now!! :smile:

Haven't got time to catch up with everyone just now, as have my Dad staying for a few days, but will do my best to read up over the weekend.

On Perineal massage - We have just started our NCT Classes and were given a handout on this. This is what it says:-

- Research has shown that perineal massage reduces the rate of tearing and episiotomy (a cut to enlarge the opening of the vagina) by up to 25%.
- Recommendations are for women to spend just 5 minutes each day stretching and massaging the area between the lower vagina and the rectum with vegetable oil such as almond, graqpeseed, soya, olive, wheatgerm or Vitamin E. This should be done from 35 weeks of pregnancy or earlier if expecting twins.
- Using the oil, place your thumb about 5cm into the vagina and press downwards towards the anus. Then move up each side in a U shaped stretching movement. Hold the stretch for 30-60 seconds before relaxing.
- The tight stretching sensation is similar to the feeling you will get when the baby's head is being born.
- Also, practicing your pelvic floor exercises will mean you are much more aware of which muscles to relax when baby's head is being born and can let the muscles relax and bulge when needed.

Hope this helps!

Chat to you all soon.

:xxx3:
January 2010 - Natural FET cycle
Harriet Amelia was born on 16th October 2010 - we are SO happy!!!

Thursday, July 29th 2010, 11:40am

Welcome Elaine great to see you here x

2mums

Star

Thursday, July 29th 2010, 1:41pm

Hi girls!

JoL, I've been doing perineal massage (though not sure my technique's quite right after reading Elaine's instructions) - I find it easiest to do in a squatting position and use my thumbs for the massage/stretching. You can put a mirror on the floor underneath you if you need to see what you're doing.

Cindy hope they manage to find you a place on the course xfingers I've had all those worries about breastfeeding too. I got myself a DVD called Breastfeeding Without Tears With Clare Byam-Cook which is really good and shows you how to latch baby on and solve common problems etc.

Jasper how are you hun?

Emma, eeek just one more day to go! Unless your twins have other ideas and decide to come today!

Elaine, lovely to see you in third tri.

Kirsten, yes you are lucky to have such a great relationship with your mum. I think I do too... I've asked my mum to be at the birth as she's really supportive but would never outstay her welcome and totally understands about us wanting to bond as a family etc. So she'll get a sneak preview of Bobble but everyone else will just have to wait!

Michy how are you doing? Did you say you'd booked a reflexology session around your due date? I'm wondering whether to book something or just wait and see how it goes... if Bobble isn't here by his due date I'd definitely like to give it a go to get things moving along, as I REALLY don't want to be induced.

Ok I have a question - at the midwife appointment yesterday she mentioned vitamin K, which they give newborn babies either as a one-off injection or as oral drops in several doses. She said everyone is offered it but they won't give it unless you consent. Is everyone planning to have this for their baby? I've looked into it a little bit and really not sure what to do (link not FZ endorsed) http://www.vaccineriskawareness.com/Vita…Really-Need-It-

ICSI Apr09 BFN

2mums

Star

Thursday, July 29th 2010, 2:01pm

This is a more balanced article from the NCT re vitamin k (not FZ endorsed) http://www.nct.org.uk/info-centre/decisions/view-35

ICSI Apr09 BFN

Thursday, July 29th 2010, 3:15pm

2mums yes I am planning to give babies vit K. They used to just give it without consent.
I have just collected my new car which I love :happy: We will be fighting over who is going to drive now. I am going to let DH drive to Asda tonight to have a look at baby offers. I fancy the bouncy chairs at only £15 each. I was going to buy expensive ones then thought they are not in them that long. They have cost me a fortune so far an they are not even here yet. My sister called last night with a box of goodies for girls ie bath stuff, towels , bibs,wipes etc so I have plenty now as this is my 3rd box of goodies :happy:

Thursday, July 29th 2010, 3:28pm

Still here... just!! :happy:

Went to see midwife for final checks today - she was quite surprised I'd made it this far. Glad to report everything is ok and she remarked that my BP has stayed constant for the last 4 times, which shows my body is coping really well with the twinnies. So it's a bright and early start for us tomorrow morning, but have heard there will be loads of waiting around for something to happen, so we're going well armed with reading material!

2mums - I thought that Vit K was a pretty routine thing, much like the other tests and innoculations they give the babies in the early weeks, so it was kind of given that the babies will have it.

Good luck to everyone for the next couple of weeks... I'll get DH to log in with an update in the next few days for you!
grouphug
TWINS!!

Thursday, July 29th 2010, 4:04pm

Aiwah the best of luck for tomorrow I am sure you are beside yourself with nerves and excitement. Can't wait to hear all about it. Take care blowkiss

Thursday, July 29th 2010, 5:06pm

Good luck for tomorrow Aiwah! :smile:
Hope everything goes well for you all.

Reg: Mar 10th 2009

Thursday, July 29th 2010, 5:26pm

Hi ladies gosh so so busy I will miss most personals today as too shattered

Emma massive good luck for tomorrow will be thinking of you and cannot wait to hear about your bubs.

2mums yes I have a relexology appt for 11th as I really don't want to be late and certainly not induced. Just on Vit K injection we discussed this loads at antenatal class and could not find a reason NOT to have it as it has no side effects whatsoever. So I will probably let them even tho the chance of them having a prob is so small.

I got a heart monitor delivered at home in the end as they could not progress an appt with Obstet without it being done, however I did laugh and say to the Doctor the palpitations are not actually there at the mo so as usual pretty pointless monitoring me. See what happens with that.

Other than that I have had a fab time with my friends and a busy day today at a family fun day and am trying to get some rest in a minute before DD and DH come home. Glad everyone seems well speak again soon xx
7yr old DD Natural
2nd ICSI Nov 09
2 embies on board :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen 6.5 wks

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Thursday, July 29th 2010, 6:25pm

Hi Everyone,

First of all Emma, all the best for tomorrow, I will be thinking of you. Tomorrow is my due date so maybe we will give birth on the same day. I know your DH will be busy but get him to post the news ASAP!!! All the best. xx :hugs:

Kirsten & Grantobe - Sounds like you have a fantastic realationship. You are very lucky!

Kd40- I suspect like you I will say something about the visits/visitors but lets just hope I can say it in a calm and friendly way. But if I don't I'll blame my hormones!!!

2mums- I love your idea of 1 week with no visitors but I feel I have left it too late now to suggest this to anyone. I think I just need to have more confidence in my ability to look after a baby, as my insecurity is leading me to think people will criticise! The NCT course helped alot, what wold I have been like without it!!!

Cindy- I hope you manage to get a place on the labour workshop. Could you investigate travellng a bit further for a different NCT course? The one we did wasn't in our town, but as it turned out only one person on the course actually lived in that town.

Elaine - Welcome to the 3rd Tri. It's not scary its exciting!!! The weeks will fly by for you now!

AFM- I'm feeling much more upbeat today. I think I had been spending too much time on my own worrying about things (like visitors!) rather than getting out and about. I had been hoping that Bambino would arrive early which is why I hadn't plannned too much this week and have spent far too much time on the lap top or in front of the TV (wihout sky+!!!). I went for lunch with a colleague today, it was good to catch up but he did talk about work a little too much, and I really don't care anymore!!! :snigger: I then went round to a friends for the afternoon and she always makes me laugh!!! Tomorrow morning I am meeting the NCT girls for coffee and I'll try and keep busy in the afternoon. I need to distract myself from th fact that it's my due date!!! The due date is based on my dating scan though, the IVF date was next Tuesday. I really hope the scan was correct!!!!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Thursday, July 29th 2010, 6:34pm

Hi Michy, I took so long to type my post I missed your post. Glad to hear the palpitations have eased off.

I forgot to mention that a friend popped round last night with a doppler! It was great as the only time DH has hear the heart beat is when we went to A&E at 14 weeks so it was a stressful time,but this was great fun. I'm glad I haven't got one though as I would be using it all day everyday!!!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

2mums

Star

Thursday, July 29th 2010, 6:42pm

Emma, best of luck for tomorrow, really excited for you!

ICSI Apr09 BFN

Children: We are so lucky - our 'Little Wriggler' Lewis Young arrived safely on 03.09.2010 and we are so grateful to have been blessed again, as he now has a little baby brother on the way :o) X

Friday, July 30th 2010, 9:54am

Morning GIRLS,

just a quickie cos I've got to go out this morning...

EMMA - :goodluck: today. Hope it all goes well and I can't wait to hear your birth announcement :D X

JASPER - HAPPY DUE DATE hun xfingers your LO wants to come out real soon!! X

Will pop back later and catch up with everyone properly.

HAPPY FRIDAY to EVERYONE XXXXXXXX

Oct 07 - BFP - M/C
Feb 12 - BFP - DS#2 @ 41
My Diary

Reg: Apr 9th 2009

Friday, July 30th 2010, 4:14pm

Hi everyone,
Room on the 3rd tri sofa for one more? Can't believe I'm at this stage already.

I've been a bit quiet on FZ recently, but intend to be back a bit more now. Actually, get 3 weeks leave from work starting next Friday (summer leave), then will be going back for a week before I start maternity leave. Have decided to start maternity leave officially at 36 weeks, although will be using up some more leave so will actually be finishing at 35wks (due date 9th October). Didn't fancy a 40 mile drive to work down the motorway complete with rush hour traffic.

Hope you are all doing well and so many of you due to become mummies shortly. DH decided to have a listen to see what Proto was up to last night and got a kick in the ear for his trouble. Proto has been turning into a little wriggler of late, so I wonder if this is any indication of what it to come!

AFM I've had a better week this week than I did last week (if that makes any sense). Last week I managed to pick up a stomach bug so spend 24 hours throwing up. This was couple with feeling dizzy owing to low blood pressure, so I was only in work for 1.5 days last week. Can hardly say I "enjoyed" my time at home. Anyway, am back to normal now. Next check up is with my consultant on the 10th followed by one with the GP a few days later. It is starting to feel as if my appointments are behaving like buses with more than one coming along at once. I've also got to the point where I seem to be starting to worry about never being ready for Proto's arrival ... will the nursery be finished, will I have enough sleepsuits, vests, clothes etc coupled with the fear that I'm going to do everything wrong. I'm not normally like this ... help!!!

Anyway, now I'm here I'll go and update my diary too.

Take care,
Elisa
IVF Aug 09 - Brief BFP
FET Jan 10 :BFP:
bab11 Alexander James 17/10/10

2nd FET Feb 13 :BFN:

My Trying Again Diary

Friday, July 30th 2010, 5:06pm

Welcome Elisa great to see you here x

Reg: Dec 27th 2008

Friday, July 30th 2010, 5:44pm

Crikey, this is a pretty busy thread - so many of you with births imminent I almost feel out of place!

I was just wondering how many of you have a birthing ball? Is it a special ball or can you just use a normal gym ball?? Is it something worth getting?

ICSI Dec 08 & June 09 BFN, ICSI Dec 09 :BFP: Our miracle son born 1st Oct 2010

Saturday, July 31st 2010, 8:15am

Morning GIRLS,

Well I have been up since 4.30am again!!!! Not sleeping well at all at the mo...I think it's true that late pregnancy is definately preparing me for the sleepless nights when WRIGGLER arrives!! I AM 36 WEEKS TODAY, and WRIGGLER is kicking and squirming a lot to celebrate :D

We have our hospital (maternity ward) tour later, which I am really looking forward to - it will be great to get a feel for the place and hopefully ask loads of questions so that we know a bit more about what is going to happen. The Sure Start Centre didn't phone me back, so I will have to give them a call on Monday...don't hold out much hope though because they had already squeezed 3 extra people in!! I asked my midwife and she said that antenatal classes are really necessary, but it would have been nice to at least go to one to get some sort of idea...it's a bit poor really that neither the hospital or my community midwife could recommend any except the NCT ones!! Oh well, I will just have to read up and go with the flow.

We have started a sweep stake with our family and friends to guess the sex and weight of WRIGGLER when he/she is born...everyone puts a £1 in and the one who guesses right, or is the closest will win the money - it's just a bit of fun and something to pass the time over the next few weeks :D I will have to post a picture of my bump and see what you all think too, and we'll see who is nearest :snigger: ...

JOJO - hope you're having better luck with your perineal massaging...I think you're brave to even attempt it!! I'm also getting to the stage now where WRIGGLER can't come quick enough, but it also seems all too real now, and I must admit I am getting a little scared!! X

ELAINE - WELCOME to the 3rd Trimester :D The countdown begins...scary but soooooo exciting!! X

2MUMS - great idea about the DVD...if we don't get a place on this class next week then I am going to get one about pain relief and labour if I can - anyone know of anywhere that sells them?! Like the other girls, I thought that Vitamin K was just routine so if the professionals recommend that WRIGGLER has it and there aren't any side effects then I will let them give it X

KIRSTIN - hope you're enjoying your new car, and you and DH aren't fighting too much :snigger: Did you get your bouncy chairs, and lots more bargains from ASDA? I went the other day but couldn't find anything that we haven't already got!! X

EMMA - hope everything is going well. Thinking about you blowkiss X

MICHY - hope you are feeling a little less shattered and the palpitations have stayed away!! Take it easy X

JASPER - glad you're keeping busy whilst waiting for your LO to arrive - hang in there and hopefully he/she won't keep you waiting too much longer!! Hearing LO's heartbeat is amazing isn't it, and so reassuring :D I can't wait to hear WRIGGLER's again on Thursday...doesn't your midwife listen to it every time you see her ?( X

ELISA - WELCOME to the 3rd Trimester :D Sorry you had such a rough time of it last week but glad you are feeling a bit better now. Only 5 weeks left until your maternity - YAY!! X

SIMMMO19 - my sister has lent me her 'birthing ball' - it's just a gym ball from Argos though...I think they do the same job ?( I will ask at the hospital today!! X

KD4O - :bye: X

Anyway, it is now weetabix and marmite on toast time, so I will love you and leave you for now. Hope you all have a lovely weekend. Speak soon... XXXXXXXXXXXX

Oct 07 - BFP - M/C
Feb 12 - BFP - DS#2 @ 41
My Diary

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Stinker76" (Jul 31st 2010, 8:18am)

Saturday, July 31st 2010, 8:26am

Here is my bump at 35+1 weeks...

I think it's a BOY and he will weigh 9lbs 2ozs!! We will see :snigger: ...

Oct 07 - BFP - M/C
Feb 12 - BFP - DS#2 @ 41
My Diary

Saturday, July 31st 2010, 9:13am

Morning everyone,
Claire I have a gym ball but I am not going to use as I don't think I want them to turn as I prefer a section. I have arranged to have a section at 38 weeks but if girls decide to come earlier and are both head down I will give it a try but I don't want to encourage them too much.
I bought 2 pink bouncy chairs in Asda at £15 each which are really cute and great value. I hope the doctors have got it right as I have a lot of pink now xfingers

We went to see toy story last night and I was so uncomfortable and restless. I went to tax car yesterday and car park was too far away for me, my back was killing me and it was raining. I really do miss being able to walk fast or even run but no I had to dander along in the rain at a snails pace. Going to a friends 40th birthday tonight so I will have to take it easy today.Pelvic pain continues and is worse at night have 1st physio session on Tues then another scan on Thurs :happy:
Hope you all have a lovely weekend the weather isn't great here I think the summer is over :sadface:

Saturday, July 31st 2010, 10:53am

Hi ladies

I hope emma is doing well today xxxx

simmo I have a gym ball tesco £5 it is just supposed to help get the baby into a good position and keep your pelvic floor open.

jasper hope you are feeling ok, I too have 2 due dates and am really hoping I give birth before or on those dates so I know how you are feeling. Good idea to keep distracted but rest lots too. x

Cindy I think you will have a boy and he will be 8.2Lb xx you look fab too x

kirsten sorry you are feeling like a lump, me too just want to feel like I have energy again!

Welcome Elisa and elaineh if you would like your dates added to the hall of due dates let me know x

I am well just shattered have been busy entertaining but did have a rest last night as DD went for a sleepover at friends. It is so humid here and it is draining me, just been for a little swim to help with the bad back I have which has come back. I hope all have a great weekend xx
7yr old DD Natural
2nd ICSI Nov 09

Saturday, July 31st 2010, 2:00pm

Hmm, perhaps I'll hold off on the gym ball for a few weeks - at scan 2 wks ago baby was head down but at 30wks I know there is more than enough time to keep moving position. I saw a gym ball in Tesco yesterday for a fiver so at least I know I won't have to spend a lot if I do decide to get one later on.

I've been having trouble sleeping at night - its taking me 2 hrs to drop off and then I'm up every 2 hrs for a pee! I've noticed that my heart starts racing when I lie down and not really sure why. Any ideas?? I'm off for a nap this afternoon as I've spent a few hours in town shopping with my nephew. Got a feel for what it's like to be a parent..... bought 2 t-shirts and a pair of shorts and none of it was for me! :snigger:

Cindy - lovely looking bump you have. I'm going for a boy at 8lbs 4oz!

Michy - can you add me to the hall of dates please? I'm due 7th October. Hope the back eases x

2mums

Star

Saturday, July 31st 2010, 4:54pm

Hey Elisa, welcome to third tri.

Claire, I have a birthing ball – not sure how I’d manage without it! You can use a normal gym ball, just make sure it’s big enough so your hips are higher than your knees. Mine is 65cm if that helps? It’s been wonderful – I use it all the time. Not only does it help baby get into the right position, but it also eases pressure on your back and tones your core muscles. You can use them in labour too – I’d really recommend getting one. You can get them for £6.99 in Argos.

Cindy, your bump looks fab! I'm going to go against the flow and say girl weighing 7lbs 10oz.

Kirsten sorry you’re still in pain with your pelvis. We went to see Toy Story 3 as well - it was fab but, like you, I was feeling really uncomfortable and fidgety throughout. I actually prefer this weather, the heat was really getting to me.

Emma and Jasper – fingers crossed for both of you and hope your Los arrive soon.

AFM, birth pool has arrived and is sitting in a box in my living room waiting to be tried out. The cot mattress has also arrived (finally) – I was starting to worry that Bobble would have nowhere to sleep! I got a call from my midwife yesterday to say that the haematologist has given the thumbs up for me to have a home birth. I’ll need to have my platelets checked at least once a week, which is fine by me!

We’re pretty much decided to go ahead with the vitamin K injection for Bobble, it seems a bit unnecessary but better safe than sorry!

ICSI Apr09 BFN

Sunday, August 1st 2010, 10:52am

HALL OF DUE DATES

JULY

Jasper - 30th July

AUGUST

Aiwah - 11th August

Michy - 16th August

2mums - 17th August

KD40 - 27th August

Cindy - 28th August

SEPTEMBER

joL - 3rd September

Kirsten - 27th September

OCTOBER

LalaZig - 5th October

Simmo/claire - 7th October

OUR LOVELY MUMS:

Flic 25th February
Claire_A 13th April
Sandy 13th April
Kat - 22th April
Jess 12th April
Roxy 20th April
Kelly 25th April
Nicole (Rainbowbridge) 10th May
Bry 15th May
Inik (Klaudia) 16th May
Lynne 24th May
Betti 25th May
Laura (landi) 28th May
Kangolka 1st June
Blue Sky 24th June
Kaborex 1st July
JVA jess 7/7/10 Boy
BGE Greeny 14/7/10 Boy
Rockchick 16/7 Boy
Pushoz, Zoe 21/7 Twins boy and girl
7yr old DD Natural
2nd ICSI Nov 09

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Sunday, August 1st 2010, 1:16pm

Hi everyone,

It's now time for me to leave the third tri as I am now a mummy!!!

Our gorgeous little boy arrived on the due date of 30th July at 10.58am, weighing 8lb 5oz, we have named him Bailey. We are all really well and really happy, but I have no idea what day or time it is and have never been so tired in my life, but he is worth it! I'll pop back in a few days with my birth story, which luckily was very quick, straight forward and almost text book according to the midwife!!!

Hope you are all well. xx

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Sunday, August 1st 2010, 1:20pm

Congratulations Jasper that is fantastic bab22

Sunday, August 1st 2010, 2:23pm

WOW JASPER bab22 HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to MUMMY and DADDY, and WELCOME to the WORLD baby BAILEY :hugs: So glad everything went well for you hun, and how cool that BAILEY was born on his due date :D Look forward to hearing all about it. You take care XXXXXXXX

Oct 07 - BFP - M/C
Feb 12 - BFP - DS#2 @ 41
My Diary

Grantobe

Reg: Feb 10th 2010

Sunday, August 1st 2010, 2:25pm

bab22 Jasper congratulation on the safe arrival of baby Bailey :flowerbasket:
Granma to two little girls 13th sept 2010 Lia & Alana :girl: :girl:

Lorna

kd40

Ace

United Kingdom

Sunday, August 1st 2010, 2:35pm

Jasper - congratulatiosnn - well done - hope everything is going ok for your new family :)

Cindy - Hello - I's say you're a boy becuase your bump looks like mine - and I'd go for 7lbs 22oz

2mums - We got persuaded in our classes to have the vitamin K - even to push for the injection instead of the drops so I'm deffinately going for it - don;t think it can do them any harm! - Hope you're doing ok - brilliant news about the home birth!

Elisa - welcome to the third! - I've had a worry that everything won't be done in time too - It's scary thinking I've only 4 -6 weeks left

AFM - I started maternity leave on Friday - my team clubbed together and got us a swinging chair that swings itself and palys music - it is very cute! - Trying to get stuff storted for lilchic - worried I may run out of time! - The nursery is finished now thanks to DH's DIY skills yesterday. Waiting in for the mobile to be delieverd tomorrow so think that's when I'll get all the dusting and clean the bathroom as I'm pooped after doing the ironing today - feel hugh at he moment after having a big chinese on Friday with my parents. We originally planned to go to a local pub but they were fully booked when we got there - I got all upset as I felt my mum blamed me for not booking and stormed off - hormones! - everything tunred out in the end - my poor dad dealing with me sobbing in the car and my mum angry in the house! DH is on-call for a week so is dreading lilchic coming early - but he's also dreading him coming late as it would mean he'd have to go back to work for a week in the middle of paternity to do another weeks on-call. - I'm hoping for due date or just before - but if he's anything like me and my sister were I'm in for the long haul!

Anyway - I'm rambling again - sorry if I missed anyone - *hugs*

Sunday, August 1st 2010, 4:14pm

Congratulations Jasper and welcome to the world Bailey! So good to hear you're enjoying every exhausting minute and reassuring to know that sometimes babies do arrive on due dates! :happy:

Sunday, August 1st 2010, 10:50pm

Hi Ladies, this is Emma's husband Tony, just to let you all know Emma had The Twins Emerson & Jasmine yesterday and both babies weighed 7lbs 4oz. We're both shattered but extremely proud to be their Mummy and Daddy. :-)
TWINS!!

Reg: Apr 4th 2008

Children: 1 son conceived naturally(no idea how) 1 m/c april 6th 2010:(

Sunday, August 1st 2010, 11:41pm

wow congrats to you both x
:jilly:
ttc since july 2007.
5 x clomid no ov :(
april 08 to march 09 3stone 4lb lost
1 m/c april 2010 :(
our ttx journey has ended

joL

Ace

Reg: Oct 8th 2009

Sunday, August 1st 2010, 11:54pm

Woohoo lots of news congrats jasper bailey is a lovely name.
Congrats emma n tony ur hands will b full.
Haha kd40 my poor daddy is alway in the middle when me and my mummy have a tiff. Where would we be without them
JoJo xx

:BFP: 25th Dec 09 au naturale
Bouncing baby boy Lee 9lb65oz. 11th sept 2010

Monday, August 2nd 2010, 8:48am

Emma and DH congratulations on the safe delivery of Emerson and Jasmine. Look forward to hearing all about it :congrats:

Monday, August 2nd 2010, 10:00am

Congratulations Emma on the safe arrival of Emerson & Jasmine - I'm shocked at the amazing weights! You must be so proud xx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "simmmo19" (Aug 2nd 2010, 10:02am)

Reg: Jun 8th 2009

Children: I believe it will happen one day for us

Monday, August 2nd 2010, 11:14am

:congrats: Wow - Congratulations Jasper on the birth of baby Bailey!

I have been thinking of you as knew that our due dates were so close! (sorry guys to gatecrash the 3rd trimester chat, I havent really been a regular on here and probably only have a few days left! :happy: xxxx

Monday, August 2nd 2010, 11:42am

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS EMMA and TONY and welcome to the world babies EMERSON and JASMINE - wishing you lots of happy times together XXXXXXXX

Oct 07 - BFP - M/C
Feb 12 - BFP - DS#2 @ 41
My Diary

Monday, August 2nd 2010, 11:44am

:hi: RACH,

great to have you back hun...have missed you - any day now ?( xfingers X

Oct 07 - BFP - M/C
Feb 12 - BFP - DS#2 @ 41
My Diary

Monday, August 2nd 2010, 11:57am

KD40 - HAPPY MATERNITY LEAVE :weehee: It all starts to feel a bit REAL now!!!! X

Morning GIRLS,

hope you all had a lovely weekend...we went for our hospital tour on Saturday and I am so glad that we did - the midwife was lovely and answered all our questions, so I feel loads more prepared now. The only thing they don't provide are TENS machines so I am thinking about hiring one - is anyone else buying or hiring a TENS machine to help at the beginning of labour?!

We went out for a meal on Saturday night, which was lovely, and yesterday we went to get the car seat from Wayne's mum's as the midwife at the hospital told us that it would be a good idea to practice putting a teddy bear in there so we know how to do it with WRIGGLER when the time comes - so we now have a West Bromwich Albion teddy bear occupying the car seat until WRIGGLER comes along :snigger:

Today I have started packing my hospital bag, after much nagging from Wayne over the weekend!! Just got to get a couple of nursing bras and tops and then it will be ready.

Hope you are all doing well on this sunny Monday XXXXXXXX

Oct 07 - BFP - M/C
Feb 12 - BFP - DS#2 @ 41
My Diary

• "angels&babies" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 26th 2008

Children: Annalise Joy Morrison born December 2009 from 2nd ICSI.........4 Snow Babies on ice,x

Monday, August 2nd 2010, 4:01pm

CONGRATULATIONS JASPER! HOPE YOU ARE WELL,X bab22

CONGRATULATIONS AIWAH! HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU TOO,X bab21 bab22

2nd ICSI March 2009 :BFP:
4 Top Grade 1 Frosties in Waiting for next time!
bab21
My Diary

Monday, August 2nd 2010, 4:12pm

Wow! What a lively, happy thread! :smile:

Jasper congrats on the arrival of Bailey and on having a textbook birth - sounds fantastic! Can't wait to hear all about it.
Emma and Tony - many congratulations on the arrival of Jasmine and Emerson, and the departure of the huge weight poor Emma has had to carry these last few weeks!! :smile:

kd - hope you're enjoying your maternity leave and making the most of your quiet time before the big arrival.

Claire - I got a 'birthing ball' last weekend (a gym ball from Tesco's at £4.99 - the 65cm diameter one) after trying one out in my NCT class. My back has been pretty bad from day 1 and was really playing up during the class. As soon as I sat on the ball, the pain went away! It's a godsend!!
Sorry to hear about your palpatations - they sound quite nasty. Hopefully it's just a passing phase and things will get better soon.

AFM - well, I'm 30 weeks tomorrow, and had another scan and consultancy appt this morning. Urine and blood pressure were good, and the scan showed baby is growing well. All LOs measurements were within the normal range, although its tummy circumference is in the high 90s percentile, and its thigh bone measurement is just below the 50th percentile so I joked that it had little legs and a big belly, to which my DH replied "just like its Mum!" Cheeky begger :laugh:
Our next appt is at 37 weeks when we will apparently DECIDE about how and when LO will be delivered. Baby is currently breech, and my cons has already said that if its still breech then, we will schedule a c-section!!! He also said that he is not going to allow me to go over my due date of 12th October. He says that at my age (42) going beyond due dates attracts higher risks, so he will schedule for me to be induced before then. It was all a bit shocking really. Going from my NCT classes which are all about doing things as naturally as possible, today felt like he'd already decided I'll be hauled in for a c-section a week or so early...The nurse later confirmed to us in a side conversation that the c-section rates for IVF mums IS much higher than the average, as consultants tend to take the lowest risk strategy bearing in mind how much effort has been put into achieving the pregnancy in the first place.

I think I'm still in mild shock, so need some time to get my head around all of this, but as my DH says, the most important thing is that we get a healthy baby and a healthy mum out of this.

Hope you are all well, and enjoyed the humid weekend!!

:xxx3:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE