You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

kd40

Ace

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 7th 2009

Children: One cheeky boy

Thursday, July 1st 2010, 5:01pm

Hello all hope you are well

I've been off work today as I just didn't feel right - too hot and breathless, so decided to go to doctors - my last midwife appointment said my iron levels were a bit low, but she wasn't sure if Hull would think the same - dr took one look at my results and said at a hb level of 10 she would put me on iron straight away.

Aiwah - my consultant was the same - just like a midwife - urine sample - blood pressure and a good dig on my stomach to see where the baby is, apprently his back is in the middle and he kept moving away from her when she tried to get a heartbeat - I'm not surprised he did as she was pressing really hard! I didn't get chance to ask any questions, but she just said everything was fine - my blood pressure there was the same as at home (I've borrowed my dad's machine) 100/60 is average which she said was perfect - I took Dh's which I thought would be high as he'd just come from work and his ankle was playing up - but it was 122/78 - which I'd say was better than mine!

My next appointment is at 38 weeks, though I'm not sure why. I have community midwife in 3 weeks and then one 2 weeks after that where they said they will discuss the birth plan etc. Dh keeps saying it's too long before iI'm seen again, but that's only because the guy he sits next to at work's wife is two weeks ahead of me and has gestational diabeties and has regular scans etc, he said she's being induced at 38 weeks, but then said she's having a c-section - would that be right - induced and c-section?
:BFP: Dec 2009 - IVF 1st try - our little miracle!
:BFP: June 2011 - Natural - another complete miracle - fingers crossed all is ok

Reg: Mar 17th 2008

Children: Twins!

Thursday, July 1st 2010, 5:32pm

Induction and then a c-section?? Sounds like crossed wires to me.... if you have a planned c-sec then I don't think you don't need to be induced. The only scenario I can think of where you'd have both would be an emergency c-sec but you wouldn't know that until after the induction had taken place. Strange!

The Chinese tradition around ice cold stuff stems from the belief in Traditional Chinese Medicine that in order to keep a baby well, you have to ensure that your womb is "warm" (ie has plenty of blood flowing to it). Therefore if you eat too much stuff that is classed as "cold" (such as ice cream, watermelons, certain vegetables and pulses that have 'cooling' effects), then this can reduce the warmth in the womb and cause baby discomfort or distress and give yourself bellyache in the process. It's also the reason that acupuncturists tell you to eat lots of "warming" foods like chicken soup when you are trying to conceive. As a result, Chinese elders tell us to avoid these foods altogether, just in case.... :happy:
* Emma * :smile:
TTC 8 yrs PCOS - Clomidx10 - IVFx3
Nov 2009 Last try: Short protocol ICSI - wonderful BFP!!! -
TWINS!!
: D

Reg: Jan 29th 2009

Children: Our gorgeous son was born 16/7/2010

Thursday, July 1st 2010, 5:36pm

Afternoon ladies! :wave:

JVA - glad to hear you are feeling better today hun and having less pain in your pelvis. Hopefully you wont need the sweep next thu xfingers and you will be meeting your LO sooner!

Aiwah - so pleased the move went well for you - glad to hear you were directing everyone and looking after yourself and the LO's!

2mums - Really hope your cons app tomorrow goes well chick. I have my xfingers for you! Try not to worry about that article re home birth, there was an article in the paper a few weeks ago about how it is now proven that your baby will have learning difficulties if it is born even a week early! On reading the article it all sounded like bu****it to me. I was a week early, my sister 2 weeks early and my brother 3 weeks early and we are all ok. It's all just scaremongering to me and something to fill the pages when they have nothing else to print. Really pleased you enjoyed your photo shoot, we go for ours on saturday!

Michy - hope you have a wonderful weekend with the pamper day and the zoo! :thumbsup:

Pushoz - hope you are feeling ok hun after the accident. I can't believe how people can just think it's ok to just drive off from these things :cross: Hope you are taking it easy :cuddle

Kaborex - Any news yet? I'm so excited for you both! :D Hope all is going well!

kd40 - hope you are feeling better for staying at home, this weather is lovely but can cause problems for us preggers chicks!

AFM - went to see the midwife yesterday and she has said that Lucky is 2/5ths engaged! I have been having lots of pelvic pain and been struggling to walk properly and she said this was due to the baby moving down. Have had lots of strong movements too with strange shapes poking out of my bump :snigger: I'm so going to miss my bump when Lucky is here.

Yesterday I washed all Lucky's clothes and bedding ready for his/her appearance. Have been tidying up the nursery and checking the monitor and my tens machine are working and have nearly finished packing my hospital bags.

Today I have been tidying the house, more washing, cleaning out kitchen cupboards and now have my feet up as I'm shattered!

DH still has a pot on his wrist which doesn't come off until the week before Lucky is due so we had to make alternative plans for getting to the hospital just incase. Quite a few family members have offered but I would feel terrible ringing them in the early hours of the morning :wacko: Taxi it is (if they will leet me in the car! :snigger: )

Have started taking raspberry leaf tea, am combining the tea bags and tablets as I don't always fancy the tea although I am going to try making the tea and cooling it in the fridge to see what it's like with ice cubes.

Must get ready as we're off to my parents soon for tea as it's my dad's birthday and mum is cooking for us all! Will try to pop on later or tomorrow and put some more recent bump pics in my diary.

Oct/Nov 09 - 1st IVF :BFP:
Jan 2012 - Short Protocol ICSI :BFP:
7 wk scan 2/3/12 One [zx076] seen

biggreeneyes

Reg: Mar 24th 2009

Children: A little boy :)

What's Up?

Thursday, July 1st 2010, 7:02pm

Oh my word..its been so busy - i can't keep up with it all! :O

I've been to my 38 week midwife appt today and it mostly went well. Froglet is now 4/5th's engaged and lying with back to my right side of tummy :D I thought i kept feeling a big bum under my right ribs :snigger: I had a student midwife along with the qualified one today and they were both really nice. I also heard Frogelt's heartbeat which is always lovely. I don't know if it was because she was a student or not, but when she was feeling the baby, boy it was hard...ouch! :huh: Unfortunately my blood pressure was high..well higher than they like...it has always been stable, although slightly higher in the last couple of months but still 'normal', so i had to have some blood tests today and have to go to the 'maternity day unit' tomorrow afternoon for some assessment - i guess it is to hopefully rule out pre-eclampsia. I hope i'm not getting this as this will rule out my much wanted Birth centre labour :sadface: I'm getting loads of Braxton hicks the last 4 days or so....its quite fun!

My ankles swelled up madly for a few days in the 30 degrees heat and i was just too hot. We bought a fan for when the baby arrives, so we have been trying it out and it has been a godsend. The ankles went down when the heat dropped a bit and i have been trying to put my feet up as much as possible. But it is hard as there seems so many things to do. I am trying to not plan anything now and just walk the dog and take it easy to conserve energy, but it never seems to quite work out like that! :snigger: I am finding it so hard to sleep at night, what with weeing, the heat and the bump being so big now!!

The baby's room is ready now, as my dh was busy on Monday putting up shelves and some little piccies on the wall, so i feel happy and content that i'm ready to rock and roll now. It just feels like a waiting game now! I guess it is! :happy: Another of my NCT group had their baby early this morning, so that is 3 down and 3 to go now :P

2mums - Good luck with your consultant appt xfingers your platelets have stabilised or even risen :D

Rockchick - Ooh 2/5ths...thats excellent. I've had the same strange movement and lumps and bumps as the baby has been moving down and getting in a better position...i've really quite enjoyed it :snigger: Hope you have a nice time at your mum and dads fro tea :D

Jess - pleased to hear that you are not in so much pain today :thumbsup: Here's hoping that your LO fancies making an appearance before the sweep needs to be done. My midwife today said...LOTS OF SEX! I just rolled my eyes and thought please ...nooooooo! :snigger:

Aiwah - Glad to hear the move went well and was stress free and you are now back online with us here :)

Kaborex - wow...it really was happening...can't wait for an update...no doubt in the birth announcement section :happy:

Mechy - Wow - you have a busy weekend ahead! Enjoy the a/n class this eve and have a fab time at your friends hen do :D Also enjoy yorself in Bristol over the weekend. You'll be knackered by the time you get home!! :P

Kd40 - Hope you start feeling a bit better. Have you heard of 'spatone' it s a natural iron supplement and meant to be really good at increasing your iron levels in pregnancy. Check it out here http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nelsons-Spatone-…s/dp/B0019M7OCA *Link not endorsed by FZ

Pushoz- - Sorry to hear about your crash in the car. We had one in a car park the other day, but luckily it was dh driving :snigger: We were reversing so slosly and so was another car and we bumped, but luckily there was no damage. I hope you are managed to rest your pelvis today and eased some of the pressure on it :cuddle

Flic - :hi:

Hope i haven;t missed anyone out...blowkiss

goodgreen

April 09-IVF-BFN :sadface:
Oct 09-ICSI - BFP :happy: - Little boy born on 14/07/10
June 12-ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Oct 12 - ICSI - BFP - followed by mm/c (blighted ovum) :sadface:
April 13 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Aug 13 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Jan 14 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Oct 14 - FET - BFN (surprise surprise) :sadface:

Greeny's trying for another little froggie diary!

JVA

Ace

Reg: Jun 14th 2009

Children: Gorgeous little boy Henry

Friday, July 2nd 2010, 9:52am

:cheeers: Morning, it is another lovely day here in sunny Brighton!! Hope the sun is shining wherever you all are too.

kd40 - Hope you are feeling better today? I was slightly surprised at my previous mw appt (not yesterday's), as that was 4wks ago and she booked me in for 40wk appt. II thought towards the end that you were seen every wk however, I think it varies depending on what doc/mw practice you have and your general wellbeing. I had to see my GP inbetween the 4wk period and he did the same checks that the mw normally does?! I guess they also take the view that if you do have any problems meanwhile you can always call them and arrange a mid appt.

Aiwah - The Chinese tradition makes sense, as when you have something very cold like an ice drink, the LO's do tend to move about, it gives them a bit of a shock I think. I was told that if you are worried due to lack of movements then to have a really cold drink. Also when I had my accupuncture when trying to conceive, my accupuncturist did encourage me to eat lots of warming foods such as soups etc to help :thumbsup: DH and I are convinced that we would not be here with a LO on the way if it was not for the accupuncture treatment we had, for me prior to conception and afterwards.

Rockchick - Wow you have been busy [zx052] Try and take it a little easy though, particularly if you are feeling pelvis pain, as I think I probably made mine worse by overdoing things at home! I am drinking my morning cup of raspberry tea and have made another one to leave to cool to try your idea about drinking it cold - sounds great :cheers2: can try and pretend it is a nice glass of rose wine :snigger:

BGE - I know what you mean about the student mw, I had one at a previous appt and boy was she rough too! :goodluck: today at the assessment unit, hope everything is ok, let us know. I know how you feel about the sleeping thing too, I am up loads with cramp, loo runs and the last week my bump feels really heavy when I lay down, which has not been the case before. Glad I am not the only one who doesn't fancy the idea of [zx084].

Well today is my official due date.....I am feeling very very heavy today, weird cos I have not felt this heavy before, so hopefully LO will make an appearance this weekend??? Getting the usual texts and calls from friends now, which I do not mind. It is nice that everyone is so excited for us.

I am a bit of a worry wot in case you hadn't noticed and have been troubled thru my pregnancy worrying about the health of our baby. All scans etc have been fine but I cannot seem to shake it out of my thought process - has anybody else been the same or am I just a freak?! I keep having a word with myself to tell myself to be more positive but it has been difficult and seems to have been worse the last few wks as labour draws closer...

No plans again for me today, being housebound. Will get showered shortly, stick a bit of washing in the machine and then perhaps sit in the garden and read and watch wimbledon later. I was thinking of some dinner ideas this morning and have decided on stuffing some chicken breasts with some philideplhia cheese with garlic and rosemary wrapped in bacon roasted with a bit of white wine, to be served with salad and roasted garlic new potatoes, so DH should enjoy that tonight thumbup I have quite enjoyed having time to try out some diff recipes since being off work.

Have a great day ladies
Jessica

2mums

Star

Reg: Jun 28th 2008

Children: One gorgeous son

Friday, July 2nd 2010, 1:08pm

Jess, the worrying is totally understandable, I've been the same... I think it's because it feels to good to be true so I keep thinking something will go wrong! you must be getting so excited to meet your LO. With all those contractions you were having, I totally wasn't expecting you to reach your due date! xfingers things start happening soon.

Karobex - thinking of you and hope everything's going well.

KD40 hope you're feeling better today. Biggreeneyes mentioned Spatone - that's what I'm taking and it's great. It doesn't give you any of the horrible side effects you get with those nasty iron tablets. I take 2 sachets with a bit of fruit juice every morning. You can get it in Holland and Barrett - I've just stocked up as it's buy one get one half price on everything.

AFM, my platelets have gone down slightly to 102. I saw a differnt consultant this time, who was much more reasonable than the woman I saw last time and didn't freak out at all when I mentioned home birth. I've asked to see a hematologist so I can talk to someone who really knows there stuff and make an informed decision. In the meantime they'll keep monitoring me. I've started taking the supplements now so hopefully they will help to raise my levels or at least stop them dropping any further.

The student midwife I saw beforehand checked Bobble's position and she thinks he is breech... she wasn't sure though so I'm really hoping she's wrong. No one seems worried yet and I know he has plenty of time to turn round if he really is breech, but it would be nice to know so I can start doing exercises/positions to persuade him to turn. I'm seeing my community midwife on Tuesday so will see what she thinks.

I'm wondering if I should go and look at the hospital maternity ward/facilities in case I end up giving birth there. Not feeling very optimistic today.

ICSI Apr09 BFN
ICSI Jul09 BFP m/c (blighted ovum)
ICSI Nov09 :BFP:
:boy:

kd40

Ace

United Kingdom

Friday, July 2nd 2010, 3:22pm

Jess/2mums - i know how it feels to be worrying all the time - as things have gone so well for us - I'm always waiting for something to go wrong, I think that's why I've been so up-tight about my weight (2 stone so far, which i think is too much but all drs say not to worry - midwife said becuase of my HB levels I will crave lots of sweet stuff - but as long as I'm getting my 5 a day it'll be ok)- it's like I'm trying to focus on some negative and everything else has been so positive! - sounds strange - but it's how I feel. I feel better today and have been at work, looking forward to next week as I am only working 2 1/2 days and have time off for my birthday - yippee starsmile

Big Green Eyes - thanks for the link - I'll check it out - I tend to be ok on the tablets - I had to take them for a few months a few years ago - just waiting for them to kick in now so I can wake up!

Woke up at 5am this morning and couldn't get back to sleep - then chicken woke up and started hitting his daddy's hand and woke him up too (or was that me saying - did you feel that :P ?) Been hot again today - but my mum's been round to clean so will get back to a nice clean house - :) Hope everybody has a nice weekend - I have 68 minutes left at work as I am on earlies today - yay - reasons to be positive!
:BFP: June 2011 - Natural - another complete miracle - fingers crossed all is ok

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Friday, July 2nd 2010, 3:44pm

2Mums - Check out this thread Home Birth Anyone??

The third and fourth posts have some great links in them about home births.

I was hoping for one too.

I'd have a look at the hospital just in case, then at least you will know where you are going if you do have to go in. But xfingers you won't! And get doing the excercises now!!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

2mums

Star

Friday, July 2nd 2010, 3:55pm

Thanks Flic, I've seen your thread already - and the homebirth.org.uk site is fab!

I'm scared to do the exercises (knee-chest position is recommended) in case he's not breech after all and then turns the wrong way! Wouldn't that be just typical :snigger: I'm seeing my community midwife on Tues so will she what she thinks.

ICSI Apr09 BFN

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Friday, July 2nd 2010, 4:06pm

I don't think he'd turn back round, if anything it will encourage him to stay that way and get his head right down!

The links on that thread are great! I love Bell's homebirth story!!

Jasper

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Friday, July 2nd 2010, 5:35pm

Hi everyone,

I have just finished work and I'm now on maternity leave. It feels very strange, it still doesn't seem real!!!! Its been an emotional week but I managed not to cry despite coming close a few times! I was just telling my boss that I think I am feeling nervous as I am going from a job I know inside out to one that I have no idea about (being a mum!) I was very embarassed at my presentation this afternnon although my boss did say some lovely things. My colleagues gave me some flowers, some wine ( which I thought as a bit cruel!) and Babies R Us vouchers.

I have been extremely tired this week and really think I should have left last week, but you just don't know how you are going to feel! I am trying not to plan too much for my first week off as I really need to recharge my batteries. If I went in to labour now I wouldn't have the energy for it at all so I paln to rest. Resting inclues going online which means that I will do a much better job of keeping up with you all from now on!

I have been getting lots of braxton hicks the last few days, and to be honest it scares me! They hurt so much, whats the real thing going to be like!!!!

Anyway, I am off to eat an ice pole!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Reg: Mar 9th 2008

Children: Otis and Ava, July 2010 following successful FERC

Friday, July 2nd 2010, 8:01pm

Jasper - Well done on starting your mat leave it's my official last day today as well!!!!!! Just want the twins to hurry up and turn up

2Mums - I like the plan of going to have another look at the hospital. I was really really against going to my local hospital, it was rated the worst maternity hospitla in the country in the report that was issued 2 years ago and I've heard a few horror stories about problems there however since I've been going for my appointments I've realised that whilst the hospital could be better the staff all give 110% and they are brilliant. Hopefully another visit will put your mind at rest if you do have to have a hopsital delviery.

BGE - Hoep that today went well and you haven't got pre-eclasmpsia. I was really worried earlier in the week but the only concern our hospital seem to have is if you have both higher blood pressure and protein in your urine.

Jess - I think we are all worry wots after our journey to get here but just remember you probably won't stop worrying when they arrive either!!!!! Your tea sounds lovely can I have some?

Aiwah - I've not joined Tamba yet as my twins club is affliated with it. Have you tried goggling twins clubs I have three locally and two run specific twins playgroups. My group also has a great mailing list with people selling stuff which has been really useful.

AFM - Well car is nearly sorted long story but they have now discovered that the motor in the mirror is jammed and will need replacing. Decided we've got too much going on to get it sorted at the moment. Had our new fridge freezer delivered today so we've got a couple of big chilled meals that we're going to freeze and then tomorrow I'm going to make a huge pan of bolognese sauce to stick in the freezer as well so we won't have too much to worry about when it comes to feeding ourselves when the twins arrive. Pelvis has been variable today and but I totally agree with you Jess that sitting, in certain chairs, makes it worse.

Pushoz
Pushoz
1st ICSI July 09- BFN

FET Oct/Nov - BFP

It's Twins!!!!!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "pushoz" (Jul 2nd 2010, 8:03pm)

Friday, July 2nd 2010, 8:43pm

Evening ladies! Hope you're all set for the weekend...

pushoz - researching our local twins club was one of the things on my list for when I get back online. I'm pretty sure there is one, but info online is a bit sketchy, so I think I'm going to have to pop down to the children's centre to make some enquiries. It's just about muscling enough energy to get out there now...
Glad you're ok and enjoy your bulk cooking!!

pushoz and Jasper - well done for starting mat leave... enjoy nesting and resting!!

2mums - I think the best thing to do is just relax, keep an open mind and go with the flow. I'm sure that they'll try to go with your wishes unless there's a very good reason and if that's the case, then the best thing to do is to go with the professionals' advice. The hospital visit would be a good idea, so if you do have to go in, it won't be as much of a shock to the system.

Jess - well done on reaching term. We all worry about our babies, it's only natural... hope you had a lovely relaxing day and hubby enjoyed his dinner.... sounds lovely!!

BGE - hope your assessment went ok today and you don't have PE.
Agree that a fan is definitely a worthy investment for summer bumps and babies. We have one at the ready and I don't think I would have had any sleep over the last couple of weeks if it wasn't for my trusty fan!
Interesting how you're finding BH fun... I really don't like mine and the babies seem to get agitated and start kicking me like crazy afterwards.

Rockchick - take it easy with the housework.. pelvises are fickle and will punish you for working too hard! :P

AFM - just been chilling today, but I had a slight panic about not having enough nappies for when the babies are born, so I found a special offer for Pampers newborns (Lloyds pharmacy) and put in a bulk order. Now I'm fretting about whether or not I will get through 400 size 1 nappies... then again, if the guide of 20 nappies per day are right, then that's only about 20 days supply.
So many things to think about! :innocent:
TWINS!!

JVA

Ace

Saturday, July 3rd 2010, 11:09pm

:wave: Evening

Hope you are all having a good weekend so far and being blessed with the nice sunny weather we have here in Brighton.

Thanks for all of you for your supportive responses re. the worrying thing, makes me feel sssoo much better knowing I am not the only one worrying...

2mums - Glad the platelets have improved and the consultant was better than the last one. I would probably go take a look at the hospital just so you are prep'd in case you do end up going there but hopefully you will still get your planned homebirth :thumbsup:

kd40 - I know exactly what you mean about thinking about negative things due to things having gone well so far - we really are a nightmare eh!! Good that you have your birthday to look forward to - wonder if our LO will come on your birthday ?( what day is it? I wouldn't worry too much about the weight thing, as the average weight gain is around 2 stone. I have put on 2st 3lbs so far, normally I weigh 7st4 and I am now 9st6.5. Some people I know put on 4-5 st!!! I am going to be a little careful about my intake of food the next week though, as I still have a good appetite although to be honest we eat healthily in the main.

Jasper - happydance [zx055] you are now on maternity leave - Yes, do try and rest if you can, I ended up doing so much when I finished work that I was knackered some days and would have been shattered if LO had turned up! I know what you mean about the brax hs, although mine have not been painful, they have been uncomfy and certainly seem to irritate the LO.

Pushoz - happydance [zx055] you too are now on maternity leave - Hopefully stopping work will help ease your pelvis, as you will be able to rest when you need to. Glad its been a bit better for you. How did the bolognaise making go?? Yummy.

Aiwah - I know where to come for some nappies :snigger:

Well DH enjoyed his dinner last night, it turned out yummy :thumbsup: Had a really bad night sleep last night with leg cramp and sore pelvis but after I got up and about this morning, I was actually walking around alot better than I have for a few days but I am under no illusion, as I know how it can vary from one day to the next. Went for my accup session this morning and had the most number of pins to date - 8 in total. He said that he would normally put 4 in specific places in my lower back to help move things along but at this stage as I am only just due its best just to go with 2, so thats what we did. I then managed a walk around the town with DH and we bought some nice bits from Waitrose for our lunch, went home and sat in the garden :cheeers: We then watched the footie, popped to Matalan and Asda quickly and have been round our friends next door for a curry this eve - all in all a good day. I am currently feeling wide awake which is worrying, as one of the side effects from accu is that sometimes I do not sleep great that night so I am going to try reading a little before I go to bed to see if I can make myself sleepy.

LO has been moving loads this afternoon after my accup and I have had loads of brax hs this eve...

No news from Kaborex yet???

Well best say night night for now and catch up tomorrow. zzzz
Jessica

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Sunday, July 4th 2010, 11:22am

Hello!!

Aiwah!!! 20 nappies a day?!?! Blimey??? Is that what they say? With O I would change her before each feed, so no more than 5 or 6 a day, so x 2 would be 10 / 12.

The other thing I would reccommend is joining Pampers baby club, they send you money off coupons. I got 2 packs of pampers newborn for 4 quid at tesco with the coupons! Bargain!

Sunday, July 4th 2010, 1:18pm

Flic - from what other twin mummies have said, they used between 8 and 12 nappies per day per baby in the early weeks, especially if they were breastfeeding as the poo is sloppier and there's less time between feeds. I'm hoping to breastfeed too, so better to be prepared I guess. They've also said that Tesco are good for doing exchanges on unused nappies, so that's always an option if we have any leftover....
Our house is gonna turn into a massive nappy warehouse soon, as DH came home from Morrisons yesterday with 2 packs of size 2's because they had £2 off and he had been fighting off the other mummies to get them!
:happy:
TWINS!!

Reg: Sep 3rd 2009

Monday, July 5th 2010, 11:43am

happydance happydance happydance happydance happydance happydance happydance happydance happydance happydance happydance happydance happydance happydance bab21 baby7 baby7 baby7 baby7 baby7 baby7 baby7

Sorry to keep you all waiting.

She is finally here. Baby cleo was born on the 1st of July at 9:29pm as a result of a C section. Mum stopped dilating at 6cm and left the doctors with no other choice but to go down the C section route.

Now here comes the praises: Well done obviously mum and baby, but heartfull priase goes to the NHS midwife and the 3rd year midwife student that were assigned to us. These two ladies started work at 8A.M in the morning of the first and they never left the room until the doctors made the decision to operate. They had a lunch break at 7:15pm when the doctors confirmed that they were going down the C section route. There was a feeling of care in everything they did. At one point the baby was a little distressed and the doctors decided they would take a sample of blood from her head to check for Oxygen levels. We I was very worried at this stage especially when the doctor had difficulty in extracting the blood sample. The midwives immediately noticed that i was concerned and when the tests were over, they immediatley talked turned their attention to me and DW's sister to clam us down and explain that everything was alright.

That makes three angels we have come across on this ICSI journey. The first was a nurse at kings college who was also absolutely brilliant.

Baby Cleo weighed 7lbs at birth and both mum and baby were discharged yesterday. happydance

It is so amazing the feeling when you finally after nine years of trying you get to hold your own flesh and blood. However, difficult the journey, it was sooooooo worth it.
kaborex has attached the following files:
  • DSC_0238.jpg (59.95 kB - 15 times downloaded - latest: Mar 19th 2011, 11:08pm)
  • DSC_0236.jpg (62.36 kB - 14 times downloaded - latest: Mar 19th 2011, 11:07pm)

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "kaborex" (Jul 5th 2010, 11:45am)

JVA

Ace

Monday, July 5th 2010, 12:11pm

:congrats: happydance bab19

Fantastic news Kaborex, congrats to you and your DW. Cleo looks absolutely gorgeous - I have posted on your birth announcement too.

Wishing you lots of love, luck and happiness as a family for the future.
Jessica

JVA

Ace

Monday, July 5th 2010, 12:18pm

HALL OF DUE DATES

July bab13

JVA (Jess) - 2nd July - still waiting......

Biggreeneyes - 13th July

Pushoz - 24th July

Rockchick - 26th July

Jasper - 30th July

August bab13

Aiwah - 11th August

Michy - 16th August

2mums - 17th August

Our lovely mums:

Flic 25th February bab21
Claire_A 13th April bab22 bab22
Sandy 13th April bab21
Kat - 22th April bab22
Jess 12th April bab21
Roxy 20th April bab21 bab21
Kelly 25th April bab22
Nicole (Rainbowbridge) 10th May bab22
Bry 15th May bab21 bab22
Inik (Klaudia) 16th May bab22
Lynne 24th May bab22
Betti 25th May bab22
Laura (landi) 28th May bab22
Kangolka 1st June bab21
Blue Sky 24th June bab21
Kaborex 1st July bab21

:goodluck:
Jessica

Reg: Mar 10th 2009

Monday, July 5th 2010, 12:37pm

Hi ladies

Phew it has been so busy since my last post.

A big congrats to Kaborex and the gorgeous Cleo - glad all is going so well and nice to hear about such a positive experience.

I won't write personals as I may end up doing no work today!! I did notice that it was mentioned by 2mums about breech position, what is the knee chest position? I am unfortunately breech still, boo! I knew he was, I think my main midwife got it wrong last time. The midwife at the antenatal classes was really thorough and worked it all out. So am gutted at the mo please turn! xfingers

The antenatal class was very good again so just the breast feeding one next week now. I probably don't really need to go but feel the refresh will be good for me and maybe I will change phone numbers with someone there too.

My sleep time is just crap now. So much pain when turning and loo trips, I am starting to crave a solid nights sleep but hey ho that ain't gonna happen for a long time yet!! My weekend was lovely. The pamper day was just so relaxing. The zoo trip lots of fun but tiring in the heat, and a lovely trip to Bath to see the Roman Baths, very touristy weekend!

I am training my replacement from today, 3 weeks left including this week. Was really hoping to get out of it as it is so exhaustive trying to go through all our processes, never mind. Better get on now as she will be back from lunch soon.

Hope everyone is well and will do personals next post x
7yr old DD Natural
2nd ICSI Nov 09
2 embies on board :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen 6.5 wks

2mums

Star

Monday, July 5th 2010, 12:57pm

Karobex, congratulations on baby Cleo, she looks absolutely gorgeous. :congrats:

Jasper and Pushoz, congrats on starting maternity leave! Hope you’re having a lovely relaxing day and enjoying not being at work.

Emma – from what I’ve heard newborns poo A LOT :snigger: , so you’ll be glad to have a stock of nappies. At least you won’t have to worry about running out.

Jess – apparently reflexology is going and a natural induction method (learnt that at my NCT class) so might be worth a try if your LO still doesn’t want to budge.

Michy, knee-chest position is where you kneel with your head, shoulders and chest flat on the floor/mattress and your bum in the air. You’re meant to do it for 15 mins every 2 waking hours for at least 5 days.

AFM, had an exhausting weekend going to NCT classes on Sat and Sun – they were great though and we learnt lots of useful stuff. Also the tutor did a really good job of making Mrs Me feel included (eg by saying ‘partners’ not ‘dads’). It was fab but I was soooooooooo tired afterwards. Our breastfeeding session is next week.

Only 2 more weeks at work, woohoo

ICSI Apr09 BFN

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "2mums" (Jul 5th 2010, 12:58pm)

biggreeneyes

What's Up?

Monday, July 5th 2010, 2:33pm

:congrats: kaborex and your DW on the birth of Cleo. She is beautiful and it so lovely to hear of your lovely midwives and the amazing experience of care they gave you all :D

Enjoy every minute of being a Daddy and love to your DW too.

:balloons: :party: :balloons:

goodgreen

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Monday, July 5th 2010, 3:05pm

Hi everyone,

Pushoz -How is the maternity leave going? One day in and I'm loving it!

Emma - Like you we have been stocking up on nappies. We always get a few packs when they are on offer. We have a selection of all different brands.

Jess- Not long now.....I bet you are getting impatient, I know I would be !

Michy- I know what you mean about sleep, I'm up about 4 times a night to go to the loo and it's so painful everytime I turn over. Atleast I can have an afternoon nap everyday now that I am on maternity leave!

2mums- Glad you enjoyed the NCT cours, we are so glad we decided to do it.

And last but not least, Kaborex! Congratulations!!! bab10 Cleo is a beautiful name for a beautiful baby.

AFM, my first day of mat leave has been busy. I went to a 4 hour NCT session, which was women only. We talked about the emotion of becoming a mum, emotions during labour, pelvic floor exercises, healing after delivery ( how many maternity towels you will need, breast pads and glam things like that!) We also talked about parenting techniques. I have just finished reading Gina Ford and am about to start The Baby Whisper. I don't intend to follow either to the letter but will take bits from each. I am really glad we decided to do the NCT course, particularly after last week where they showed us how to change nappies, top and tail, bathe babies and how many sheets and blankets to use etc. All quite basic things, but they were things I had no clue about! Tomorrow is the breastfeeding class.

I have tried not to plan too much for this week as I know I need to rest. Just worried I may get bored!!!!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

2mums

Star

Monday, July 5th 2010, 3:59pm

Michy - there's also something called Moxibustion that can be successful in turning breech babies - more info here (link not FZ endorsed). Or you can ask for an External Cephalic Version (ECV) where they try to physically turn the baby by manipulating your tummy, though it doesn't always work. If Bobble does turn out to be breech I'll be trying these for sure!

Is everyone else using disposable nappies? We're going to give reusables a try (but use disposables while we're out - don't fancy carrying a bag fuul of stinky nappies around with me! :snigger: )

Jasper it sounds like a good idea to read about the different methods and then take the best from both. My NCT teacher recommended a book called 'What to expect in the first year', which isn't a parenting book as such but does what it says on the tin and tells you what to expect... that book's been on my wishlist for a while so I was glad she recommended it! Hoping someone will buy it for my baby shower.

I'm seeing my midwife tomorrow and really hoping she'll say Bobble is head down and not breech! I'm also going to ask her about a visit to the maternity ward, just in case.

ICSI Apr09 BFN

kd40

Ace

United Kingdom

Monday, July 5th 2010, 6:48pm

Karobex - congrats - she's absolutly gorgeous!

2mums - hope your midwife appointment goes ok tomorrow

Jasper - I'm afraid I'll get bored on maternity - I've 4 weeks off before he's due - but at the moment I don't start for another 4 weeks (come on August!) so i'm counitng down the days.

AFM - I went to class today and it was about breathing during labour and relaxing - was nice , we did a questionnaire about early baby care too - with some very vaugue questions - like when do you seek help etc. Had a bad weekend being very grumpy and tearful - not good - but we got our glider crib together which used some time up. Full day at work tomorrow but then 2 days off - thinking of going to Bettys in York for cake for my birthday - but then looked at prices!

Monday, July 5th 2010, 7:32pm

Hi

2mums thanks for those tips I have seen many suggested things and positions for breech, every 2 hours sounds a bit much!! However I will try many a thing. I think ECV sounds a bit brutal I remember refusing it last time. However my midwife mentioned something similar to the moxibustion she said something about heat on little toe, which has about 70% success rate so I will try that if poss. I hope your midwide appt goes well and you are not in breech.

kd40 glad your class went well. Sounds like you could do with a lovely treat so why not?? You deserve it remember x

jasper glad you had a helpful class I like the sound of the emotional side you ran through we only touched on this in our class. You may well end up bored if you go over but try and enjoy your time up to then with lots of little activities intermittent with rest. Watch films and read if you like these things as you won't do it for a while x
7yr old DD Natural
2nd ICSI Nov 09

Monday, July 5th 2010, 8:57pm

Hi everyone!!

:congrats: :party:
Congratulations kaborex - Cleo is beautiful and it's comforting to hear that you were all so well looked after. Enjoy your wonderful bundle of joy!!

Michy - great to hear you had a lovely weekend and keeping my fingers crossed for your LO to turn in the next few weeks.
I'm the same in my sleep pattern is getting more and more disrupted, but I'm seeing it as conditioning for when the babies arrive as I'm sure it will be 100x worse then.

2mums - glad you enjoyed your NCT classes. Did you go for the intensive 2 day course? Ours was spread over 8 weeks, so we got the chance to really get to know the other people on the course. Now the course is finished, they are arranging lunches and even set up a facebook group so we can all keep in touch. Will you be keeping in touch with anyone from your group?
Good luck with the reusables and hope they work out for you. We ruled them out from the start because it would mean our washing machine will be on non-stop and apparently, they aren't as economical or eco-friendly as the manufacturers make out because you end up having to replace the washing machine after a while and all the extra detergent used cancels out the landfill that you're saving, especially in a hard water area.

Jasper - you've probably been told this a million times, but make the most of the calm before the storm!! Hehehe.... at least it's not just tennis on the telly any more.

kd40 - do you really need an excuse for cake??? :P

AFM - had my last growth scan this afternoon and babies are estimated at 5lb 7oz and 5lb 9oz and baby boy is still head down so they are happy to leave me for a natural birth. They have given me an induction date of 30th July if they haven't arrived before that, so it's great to know that the end is in sight!!
That's it now, the next visit to the hospital is hopefully for the birth.... that's pretty scary!! :innocent:
We also went to Mothercare and stocked up on some more nappies - the woman said they are clearing out all the old-style branded packs of Pampers, so they are all going for half price if you can still find them. Fortunately our local branch still had a stack of size 2's and 3's, so we snapped them all up!! :snigger:
TWINS!!

JVA

Ace

Monday, July 5th 2010, 9:35pm

Just a quickie from me as I'm using my iPhone whilst DH is doing work on the laptop. Regarding breech, I know that accupuncture can help turn babies late on so may b worth considering ;)

I've had brax hs all day today since this morning every 10 mins with real strong back ache. At 3ish the contractions were stronger with period type pain so I nearly called DH home from work but then they calmed down a bit. It's kinda weird cos I feel a bit strange down below too but diff to explain?! Not getting too excited as I've had a few nights where we've thought this is it....
Jessica

Reg: Mar 9th 2008

Children: Otis and Ava, July 2010 following successful FERC

Monday, July 5th 2010, 10:33pm

2Mums - We're planning on using real nappies however we have been recommended by a number of people (Kiddicare and the councils specialist real nappy expert) not to use them until the twins are 6 weeks as realistically you have too much going on and often they are too small despite the nappies saying they are suitable from birth. Have you decided which type of nappies you are going to use?

Aiwah - I had been advised to work on 10 nappies a day per baby. We got a load of nappies when Asda had their baby and toddler event and we bought 400 nappies which I thought was loads until I realised it was only 20 days worth! I'm jealous that you're only got to go until the 30th July my consultant won't induce me until 39+2!!!!

JVA - Hope thast the BH soon turn into proper full born contractions very soon.

Karobex - Congraulations on the safe arrival of your beautiful little girl.

AFM - Suffering quite a bit today my pelvis isn't good, I think I've been sitting too much, and also my ankles are seriously swollen so I'm sat with my feet up on my exercise ball.

Pushoz
Pushoz
1st ICSI July 09- BFN

FET Oct/Nov - BFP

It's Twins!!!!!

Monday, July 5th 2010, 10:41pm

Thank you all for your kind words. I do hope that evryone has a good experience with their midwives. It makes all the difference especially if delivery is a bit tricky.

Looking forward to hearing all of your good news soon.

Just tucked the little one in.

Kaborex

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Tuesday, July 6th 2010, 12:51pm

Afternoon everyone,

2mums-One of the girls at NCT mentioned that book. Maybe I'll add that to my list. I have got plenty of time on my hands!!!

kd40-I am very jealous of the glider crib. I kept looking at them but we wanted a moses basket and stand for downstairs and couldn't really justify getting both.

Michy-I plan to spend lots of time reading. I've got a friend coming round for lunch on Thursday and shes bringing some books for me. I usually only read on holiday when I can read a book cover to cover in a few days, I don't like just reading a little each day. I think I'll laze in the garden eating ice creams, reading pretending to be somewhere in the Med!!

Emma- Your twins are a really good size, that must be very reassuring. Your induction date is the same as my due date!

Jess- Have the brax hicks developed in to the real thing? How do you know it's not just mild contractions? It worries me that I won't be sure when it's started but everyone says you will definitely know!

Pushoz-Like you I have been putting my feet up on my exercise ball. I would be lost without mine at the moment. I just wish I had somewhere out of the way to store it when I am not using it as I get fed up of it in the living room!

AFM- I'm enjoying day 2! I had a very bad nights sleep and was up 5 times. I managed to sleep until just after 9am though!!!! I planned to go in to town for a wander and then do the Tesco shop but in the end I just went to Tesco as I knew I would get too achy doing both. As it is the shopping is still in bags waiting to be put away because as I expected it wore me out!!!! Haven't got much planned for this afternoon except sleep!!! This evening is our NCT breast feeding session which I am looking forward too. I suppose I had better go and put the shopping away before the salad leaves have all wilted!!! :snigger:

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

JVA

Ace

Tuesday, July 6th 2010, 3:02pm

:hello:

Sounds like all you ladies are keeping busy :thumbsup:

I thought I would log on and have a sit on my gym ball to see if it will help get things going....one can only hope!

Jasper - your plans for reading and eating ice creams sound great [zx161] Your plans about the trip out made me :snigger: as it reminds me of what I am like, great expectations of doing all these things in one day but you forget you are pregnant and get so tired after doing just one trip out somewhere...

Pushoz - Sorry to hear you are suffering with your pelvis and swollen ankles :hugs: I had felt a bit better the last two days with my pelvis, still in pain but walking a little easier around the house, until this afternoon. Do you find your gym ball helps at all? I seem to feel worse when I get up from mine ?(

Aiwah - Great size babies, that is brill for twins and good that you are set for a natural delivery xfingers

kd40 - Sorry to hear you had a bad weekend. Hopefully you are feeling brighter now, here is a happy dance to cheer you up happydance :dancing: When is your birthday?

2mums - How did the mw appt go?

Michy - Glad your pamper weekend was good, always nice to do things like that before LO arrives thumbup

Well, I am still here waiting..... Last night had severe back ache and uncomfy contractions every 10mins but not painful or worsening. Had a bad night sleep up about every hour for the loo, still with contractions and they have continued all day today but again not painful. I phoned the hospital this morning just for some advice, as I have not had the contractions all day and night until the last few days. They said that it is fine, just everything preparing and to phone them when they get more often and painful. DH stayed and worked from home this morning to keep an eye on me but has now gone in to the office this afternoon. I have been trying to keep busy and have been online looking at insect nets and car blinds and grobags for 0.5 tog! A few last minute things we have not yet purchased. I plugged in our gro-egg this morning to test it out too. Having read the leaflet for it and the grobag details, they say that if the room temp is 21-23 then you should use a 1 tog grobag with a longsleeve sleepsuit underneath but if the room temp is 24+ then to use a 0.5 tog and short sleeve sleepsuit. Our room has been around 24-26 lately despite being north facing!!! So many things to think of eh....

DH is planning on going to M&S after work to get us some food bits, in particular some chinese, as I have a craving for some duck spring rolls :snigger: Hopefully I will get to eat them tonight.
Jessica

JVA

Ace

Tuesday, July 6th 2010, 3:04pm

Oh I don't think I told you all but Laura (Landi) and her DH and little Harry visited us on Sunday, so I finally got to see them all and have a cuddle with Harry happydance :dancing: He is absolutely gorgeous, really cute and very much a little boy bab11 He was soo well behaved, slept the whole time they were here apart from waking for one feed. Laura looked great too :thumbsup:
Jessica

2mums

Star

Tuesday, July 6th 2010, 3:12pm

I just spent ages writing a great long post but it disappeared Xo( so apols if I don't write personals this time.

I'm feeling much more positive today :thumbsup:

I've just seen my midwife, who is fantastic - we had a long chat about the platelets and I told her about my research (levels above 50 being no risk of bleeding etc) - which she hadn't heard about. She said she needs to find out some more info and will have a chat with my cons and the supervisor midwives, but at the end of the day it's my decision and even if they advise me against it, they will still deliver my baby at home if that's what I decide.

She also seems pretty sure that Bobble is NOT breech - she thinkg he's head down and two fifths engaged, woohoo

I rang the hematologist's secretary to check they'd received my referral letter (which apparently contained no mention of home birth, but never mind) - she said that no appointment had been made for me but the hematologist had sent out a letter to my cons saying my platelet levels were nothing to worry about and I could have a normal delivery, but if they fall below 80 I won't be allowed an epidural. I'ma bit annoyed that they didn't give me an appointment as I wanted to discuss it with someone who knows what they're talking about, but if they're hapy for me to have a 'normal' delivery then as far as I'm concerned there's no reason not to go ahead with my home birth.

Jess - xfingers this is it!

ICSI Apr09 BFN

kd40

Ace

United Kingdom

Tuesday, July 6th 2010, 4:50pm

Hi all - quick one from me :)

Jess - fingers crossed it's soon and you get your duck rolls and your little one! Thanks for the info about tag's - I have a gro egg but have not read the instructions. One of our questions in class yesterday was what was the tog rating of a baby? We had no clue whatsoever! Apprently it's 8 - but who knew? My birthday is tomorrow - woohoo - although I've already got all my pressies - doh! We have Thursday off too so I'm taking DH baby shopping - he's not looking forward to it - but I've arranged to get him an x-box game so he's quite happy with that!

2mums - great news - well done for doing your research as it looks like some doctors will twist stuff to make you believe what they say is best.

AFM feeling alot better today - going to my mum and dad's for tea and then to the pub with an old friend for a few hours and a good catch up (althopugh she was the one who asked me what I was going to do for the years maternity I have off work - my other friend told her - erm she's having a baby, and she said - yeah but what'll you do - you'll be bored - again my firend repeated - she's having a baby! teehee :laugh:
DH is working this weekend but my mum and dad may be coming to put lilchics wardbrode up in the nursery so then I can start washign and hanign up all the cute little clothes :)

Speak soon girls - keeping smiling!

2mums

Star

Tuesday, July 6th 2010, 4:51pm

H~ave a lovely birthday KD40 :birthdaycake:

ICSI Apr09 BFN

landi

Superstar

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 5th 2008

Children: One gorgeous son born on 28th May 2010

Tuesday, July 6th 2010, 8:56pm

Hi girls,
Sorry I've not posted since I had Harry, I will do though. Just been trying to type up my birth story amonst looking after Harry.
Just thought I'd let you know that Jess (JVA) text me about 5pm ish to say that her waters have broken!!!!!!
She has gone into hospital as her contractions were getting stronger. :labour:
I'm so excited and cannot wait to meet her little bubba. baby4
I'll keep you posted with more news as I get it.
Hope you're all well.
Lots of hugs & belly rubs
XX

LAURA
28.05.10 My miracle son Harry was born 5 weeks early, by c-section lurve

Tuesday, July 6th 2010, 10:01pm

All the best Jess.

Kaborex

landi

Superstar

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 5th 2008

Children: One gorgeous son born on 28th May 2010

Wednesday, July 7th 2010, 6:52am

No hanging around for Jess - her baby is here!!

I'm delighted to tell you all the Jess has had her baby boy.

baby7 baby7 bab22 bab22

Jess (JVA) has had a bouncing baby boy!!!! 07/07/10

I'll update you if I hear more.

LAURA
28.05.10 My miracle son Harry was born 5 weeks early, by c-section lurve

Wednesday, July 7th 2010, 10:35am

Well done jess. DW and I send wished of and love with your little bundle of joy. Enjoy every minute of it. happydance happydance happydance happydance happydance happydance happydance :congrats: :congrats:

biggreeneyes

What's Up?

Wednesday, July 7th 2010, 11:16am

happydance :dancing: happydance
:congrats: Jess. So happy for you biggrin2

blowkiss

goodgreen

2mums

Star

Wednesday, July 7th 2010, 11:23am

Yay, Jess is a mummy! happydance Congratulations!

ICSI Apr09 BFN

biggreeneyes

What's Up?

Wednesday, July 7th 2010, 12:15pm

Jess - woohoo

2mums - great news about your platelets being low enough and that you can go ahead with your plan to give birth at home :D Also good to hear that the midwife thinks that Bobble isn.t breech after all :thumbup: I'm using real nappies...we have bought some for newborn age, with wraps (to get over the not fitting bit Pushoz - i felt that if i didnt use straight away almost, i may not end up doing it!) which are meant to last a while and then all in ones from when they are a bit bigger. I went to a 'nappucino' to get all the info and lowdown on the best ones etc...You can look online - i went to RNFL - they do London but there may be something similar near you. Or if you want any info about the ones i'm using, just let me know. You don;t walk about with dirty nappies, as you have a biodegradable liner in the nappy which catches most of the poo, if not all and that flushes down the loo when you change them! You use 1/2 to 2/3rds of usual amount of detergent to wash the nappies, so i'm not sure i agree with the argument that they aren't as ecological as they make out. It also works out a lot cheaper in the long run and they can be used for a second child if you have one :D

Kaborex - Hope all is well with you, your DW and little Cleo :smile: I hope that my experience of midwives is as good as yours, cos it makes all the difference i reckon.

Landi - thanks for giving us the good news about Jess. Hope you are doing well and enjoying being a mummy to Harry :D

KD40 - Happy birthday :birthdaycake: Hope you have a lovely day :party: Hope you get the wardrobe up this weekend so you can get all the likkle clothes into it! Sorry you had a tearful weekend. i have a had a few days like that myself lately..i think it may be slightly to do with our hormones and it doesn't take much to set us off. All part of it i think. :cuddle You definitely deserve cake at Bettys :happy:

Jasper - hope you managed to catch up on sleep yday and day 3 of maternity leave is just a good as the first 2! How was the breastfeeding class? I know i felt much more relaxed about breastfeeding after my NCT b/f session as i was a bit anxious about it beforehand.

Pushoz - hope your pelvis is a bit more comfortable today and you are keeping your feet up. Drinking loads of water can help with swelling too, so keep drinking too. I can't believe that your consultant won't induce you until 39+ weeks..with twins?! I thought 38 wks was full term with Twinnies?

Aiwah - Your babies are such good weights for twinnies - you must be looking after them well :D Bet it was lovely seeing them on the scan again at this stage? Good idea to stock up on nappies while they are on offer!

Mechy - How are the exercises going for turning your baby? I have heard that acupuncture and reflexology can be good fro turning a breech baby. perhaps the reflexology is similar to the heat on the toe? Hope your LO decides to turn for you soon :smile:

AFM - I had my appt at the hosp again on Monday to check my BP and monitor Froglet on the CTG. I got there early and listened to to some calming music :snigger: and then wee-d all over my hand whilst giving my urine sample :snigger: and then got hooked up to the machine to monitor Froglet. Froglet moved on average 90 times an hour (!) and i had 5 uterine contractions in the half hour i was being monitored!! My BP had dropped and was 120/80 the first time and then 110/80 the second time...so they were happy with the results and so was I happydance It means i am back on track for the birthing centre woohoo

I am now getting up every hour through the night to wee and to turn over, as my hips hurt, so i have to say that i am not feeling too refreshed in the morning! I'm trying to have a nap in the day when i can to catch up!!

been feeling a bit under the weather since Monday night when i got a stonking headache and felt all hot and horrid...think i may have a head cold :sadface:... the headache isn't as bad today, so hopefully it will push off in a couple of days! :P

Feeling pretty big and hefty now...and its harder to walk around...even if i do go at the slowest pace ever..:snigger: But i am still trying to keep walking the dog each day as i am hooping keeping active will all help bring on labour! I can't believe i am now counting down in days, not weeks, til my due date!

It's so exciting that people in here are having babies bigrin2

goodgreen

Wednesday, July 7th 2010, 1:21pm

YEYYYYY so happy for you Jess can't wait to hear from you and see piccies of your little boy, sounds like after all that stopping and starting it went reasonably quickly for a first, woop!!

BGE excellent news on the blood pressure! You and me both, nightimes are no longer nights of relax and recoup just wee trips and agony hips and back. I am feeling v tired too. xx

Aiwah great weights for the babies however must be a right load for you! I have a few nappies but you are right to stock up loads with twins!

KD40 hope you are having the best birthday xxxx

2mums so glad things are panning out for you again looks like the homebirth is fully back on track yey

Landi thanks for the post updates and glad to hear you and Harry are well.

Jasper let us know how breastfeeding went, have mine tomorrow.

pushoz poor you hopefully they will decide to induce you sooner x

I am ok today feeling tired and heavy, just had to watch DD sports day for a couple of hours so resting now. My bump feels strange around the belly button area. Kind of a numb feeling yet a bit sensitive at the same time, very strange, I didn't get this with other pregnancy I hope it is not a sign of stretch marks!!
7yr old DD Natural
2nd ICSI Nov 09

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Wednesday, July 7th 2010, 2:22pm

:congrats: to you Jess. I hope you are all doing well. Did you get to have your spring rolls that you had been craving??? :snigger:

2mums- Thats great news about the homebirth. I bet you are glad that you were so persistent, many people would have given up on the idea. Good on you.

Kd40 - :birthdaycake: I hope you are having a great day. Did your friend ask you any more silly questions about what you will do when on maternity leave!!??

Laura- Thanks for keeping us updated on Jess. I am looking forward to hearing your birth story. I hope you are all well.

BGE- Have you tried any of the old wives tales to get things moving???

Michy- I know what you mean about feeling heavy, especially when trying to turn over in bed. Last night I was almost tempted to ask DH to roll me over as I was struggling so much!

AFM- Last night was the NCT breastfeeding session. It was really good and surprisingly they didn't try and sell you the benefits of it, it was much more focused on how to do it, such as different positions. We watched a strange DVD that showed babies that were placed on their mums chest and they automatically find their way to the nipple. It was interesting but it just went on a bit long. It was also funny that on the DVD the women were sat there completely topless to feed, not sure that I'll be doing that when I have visitors!!! I already knew that I wanted to breastfeed, the session gave me reassurance that there is help if you struggle and also I probably would have had the baby in totally the wrong position! I was hoping to express some milk from day 1 so that DH could give atleast one bottle a day so that he is involved and I can have more rest. They recommended that you do not mix bottles and breats until atleast 6 weeks as the baby will get lazy and not suck on the nipple hard enough. Has anyone heard anything different???

Something I have been thining about alot lately is whether to tell my family when I have gone in to labour???? Will it just cause them hours of worry and will they be tempted to make their way to the hospital or be waiting on the doorstep when I get home??? What does everyone else plan to do?

On Friday I will be 37 weeks and I'm desperate to get things moving as I am so uncomfortable, fed up of the constant toilet trips and also very impatient! I plan to start the day with raspberry leaf tea, followed by some pineapple and as DH has the day off, you never know..... [zx084]

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

2mums

Star

Wednesday, July 7th 2010, 2:49pm

BGE that’s good news about your blood pressure. Not long to wait now! Which nappies did you go for? We’re going to use Tots Bots cotton (the bamboo ones apparently take ages to dry, which put us off). Are you planning to use them straight away from birth? The ones we’ve bought are ‘birth to potty’ but I have a feeling they might be a little big for a newborn so we might have to use disposables for a few weeks first.

Jasper, one of the things my NCT teacher said was NOT to tell people when you go into labour, as it always takes longer to have the baby than they think it’s going to – so they start getting worried or trying to contact you etc. My mum is going to be at the birth so of course I’ll tell her, but will probably follow the advice and wait til afterwards with everyone else. As for getting things moving, reflexology and acupuncture are meant to be good. The breastfeeding session sounds interesting, mine is next week.

AFM, I’m really tired now and really can’t wait to be on maternity leave. But I’m feeling happy that Bobble is head down and keeping everything crossed about the home birth, which I’m hoping can still go ahead. I’ve printed off a load of info for my midwife, which I will give her so she knows what I’m on about… I’m really not convinced that the consultants I’ve seen know what they’re talking about with regard to platelets – they’re not hematologists after all.

ICSI Apr09 BFN

kd40

Ace

United Kingdom

Wednesday, July 7th 2010, 9:21pm

Jess - congrats - what a fast mover! - hope you and your little boy are doing well

BGE - good news about your blood pressure - I think it is my hormones getting to me - today I had a cry in the car coming home about being fat! - silly me - sometimes I'm fine the next I'm welling up! I am also weeing every 10 minutes - trying to stay hydrated but then I need to be in close distance of the loo - my mum says I only go to theres to use the toilet!

Jasper - glad your session went well - we were told not to use bottles a=for at least 3 weeks to stop baby being confused - which I was a bit disapointed about as I want DH to feed straight away too - but hopefully it'll go ok and we can introduce expressed milk from 3 weeks xfingers My friend said she can't imagine having a baby, I said neither can I!

AFM - had a great birthday - lilchic gave me Toy Story on Blu-ray - although the handwriting looked suspiciously like his daddy's teehee Went to bettys and had a lovely clud sandwhich with chips and a fat rascal and jam - boy did walking round York do my back in though - think i must be getting bigger by the day! I dare not try the scales tomorrow. Lilchic has been very active today to cheer me up - he's been a good boy even kicking for his dad :) - all together a great day :)

kd40

Ace

United Kingdom

Wednesday, July 7th 2010, 9:21pm

Jess - congrats - what a fast mover! - hope you and your little boy are doing well

BGE - good news about your blood pressure - I think it is my hormones getting to me - today I had a cry in the car coming home about being fat! - silly me - sometimes I'm fine the next I'm welling up! I am also weeing every 10 minutes - trying to stay hydrated but then I need to be in close distance of the loo - my mum says I only go to theres to use the toilet!

Jasper - glad your session went well - we were told not to use bottles a=for at least 3 weeks to stop baby being confused - which I was a bit disapointed about as I want DH to feed straight away too - but hopefully it'll go ok and we can introduce expressed milk from 3 weeks xfingers My friend said she can't imagine having a baby, I said neither can I!

AFM - had a great birthday - lilchic gave me Toy Story on Blu-ray - although the handwriting looked suspiciously like his daddy's teehee Went to bettys and had a lovely clud sandwhich with chips and a fat rascal and jam - boy did walking round York do my back in though - think i must be getting bigger by the day! I dare not try the scales tomorrow. Lilchic has been very active today to cheer me up - he's been a good boy even kicking for his dad :) - all together a great day :)

biggreeneyes

What's Up?

Thursday, July 8th 2010, 10:41am

Morning!

Michy - So sweet that your DD had her sports day - what did she do in it? I always liked the 3 legged race myself :snigger: Is the pain in your belly button like a stitch like pain? i got that loads throughout my pregnancy when Froglet was having a growth spurt and it was stretching inside...no stretch marks on the outside though so don't worry!

Jasper - I am drinking raspberry leaf tea, and eating pineapple juice, but have to say I haven't tried the sex bit..it really is not what i fancy at the moment, i have to say :O I sometimes have spicy foods, but i can't eat too much spice at the moment as it gives me terrible heartburn!! Do you have any others in mind? Glad you enjoyed the b/f class. At my b/f class, they said for at least a month, and that if you do express, your milk will slowly dwindle - so i am not sure what i will do...i'd like my dh to be able to feed to sometimes, but might just see how it goes and what we feel like once it is a reality.

2mums - We are going for Kissaluv as the newborn ones (they are so cute!) and Fuzzibunz one size pocket nappies after that. The bamboo ones are meant to be the most absorbent, but i was told that they take toooo long to dry as well! I might get a couple for night time once froglet starts to sleep longer through the night though, but no point at first when they poo and wee all the time and will be awake in the night for feeding, apparently!

I am feeling really off colour still. Woke up with a headache and just feel really groggy and heavy. I managed to pull my back out somehow yday...i think it was just when i bent over to brush my teeth, so that is really annoying, as it is making things more difficult like getting up and down and turning over in bed etc..not what i need just before labour it seems like a head cold or something as i have a snuffly nose, but i just don't know... I am feeling very restless and a bit fed up. I am taking it really easy this week, but i am actually a bit bored!

I am still getting sharp stabbing pains down below and am sure it is my cervix thinning...well i hope so anyway! xfingers

I'm off to attempt to make a chocolate cake now for tomorrow's NCT meet up.
blowkiss

goodgreen

joL

Ace

Reg: Oct 8th 2009

Thursday, July 8th 2010, 11:21am

Hi ladies congrats on the birth of the two new additions. its so exciting i cant awit for my turn seeems like ages away thou. but im sure it will be here before i know it.

Im looking for a bit of advice. I am goin to bottle feed. Breast feeding is just not for me. However i am starting to produce milk? already, and am now considering expressing. i asked my midwife is it possible to express straight away and she said yes(but also said i might want to just feed when the baby comes and not to worry about expressing) like i said breastfeeding is not for me its just something i know i wont feel comfortable with doing and also want others to have a turn feeding the baby. So my question is can you express straight form birth? and will the milk run out quicker if the baby isnt feeding directly from me? im not sure of any breastfeeding support groups in belfast to contact. i would just like to know my options.

Thanks in advance
JoJo xx

:BFP: 25th Dec 09 au naturale
Bouncing baby boy Lee 9lb65oz. 11th sept 2010

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE