You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Jul 17th 2009

Children: William - born 16.05.2010 :)

Thursday, May 20th 2010, 11:36am

Thank you girls!

Lynne and Betti- how r you? anything moving? I was so feed up with the waiting last week- on Friday i went shopping and stayed out all day walking around shops- in the evening labour started- maybe its a small clue :) not long now girls!

sorry have to go- baby needs changing lol
god luck girls!
Klaudia
IVF 2009- :BFP: my DS born may 2010 lurve
IVF 2013- :BFP: DD born 29.12.2013
Good luck everyone :xxx3:

Blue Sky

Reg: Aug 7th 2009

Children: 1 beautiful little boy, JP, now safe in heaven & 1 beautiful baby girl who came home with us!

Thursday, May 20th 2010, 5:38pm

Hi Everyone

Hope you're all enjoying the sunshine & not suffering too much with the heat! My feet definitely swell up in this weather & I think I'll have to take off my wedding rings soon which I really don't want to do ;(

Klaudia - William looks adorable. Hope you're enjoying lots of cuddles with him. It sounds like you had a tough time with the labour but you've inspired me to possibly give a VBAC a go. Hope you recover quickly.

Jess - glad to hear that the antibiotics seem to be working for you. Did your results come back? I have a breastfeeding course on Monday afternoon too! I am so determined to breastfeed if I can as I think it's so much easier & more convenient. Sorry to hear that the nausea is back again. Hope it clears up again soon. Also, don't worry about the size of your bump. A few weeks ago, I was a week under for my dates according to my midwife. I had a scan a few days later as part of my antenatal care this time round & the Consultant told me that the baby is at the top end of the scale for all of its measurements so measuring the bump is very hit & miss. How does she know that you're going to be early? My movements too can be really hard & it feels like LO is trying to burst out of my belly!

Jasper - great idea to have a manicure/pedicure. I keep looking at my feet & thinking I ought to do something - I hate wearing open-toe shoes without polish on! I often have nights where I wake up & find that I've been sweating. I'm guessing it's another hormonal thing ...

Lynne & Betti - hope you're both coping with the waiting game. Make the most of these last few days & put your feet up!

Laura - hope you have a lovely time with your sister. Mine recently moved up this way with her family & it's great to be able to see her & my nephew regularly. She even did some weeding for me today!

I'm feeling very pleased with myself after going swimming this morning! I have been wanting to do some exercise for ages but am abit of a whimp when it comes to exercise & cold weather. I didn't push myself as I haven't done any exercise at all since I was pregant but I loved being in the water especially with the warmer weather. I definitely recommend it if you can go. I'm planning on going every week now & it's easy for me as I catch a lift with my sister as my nephew has a lesson at the same time so no escaping it!

Also finding my heartburn is getting worse particularly during the night & it seems like Gaviscon isn't working any more. Anyone got any suggestions?

We're slowly getting through our to do list. Carpet cleaner is coming tomorrow as is the plumber to do some odd jobs. Looking forward to being able to put the house back together again!

Hello to everyone else I haven't mentioned. Hope you're doing ok.

[zx033]
xxx
Blue Sky
IVF #1 - :BFP: 29th Oct '09
Baby girl arrived safely on 24th June '10
Another beautiful baby girl arrived safely on 16th May '12 : D

Reg: Jan 29th 2009

Children: Our gorgeous son was born 16/7/2010

Thursday, May 20th 2010, 9:26pm

Hi everyone!

Hope you don't mind me joining you but thought it was about time I made the move from the 2nd tri. It seems quite scary to think that I only have around 10 weeks left - am so looking forward to meeting our Lo and finding out if it's a boy or girl but just don't want to wish these last few weeks away.

Will try to catch up on the last few pages soon :)

Jess, could you please put my due date (26th july) on the list, thanks hun!

Oct/Nov 09 - 1st IVF :BFP:
Jan 2012 - Short Protocol ICSI :BFP:
7 wk scan 2/3/12 One [zx076] seen

landi

Superstar

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 5th 2008

Children: One gorgeous son born on 28th May 2010

Thursday, May 20th 2010, 10:30pm

HALL OF DUE DATES

May baby1

Lynne- 13th May

Betti- 15th May

June bab16

Kangolka - 5th June

July bab13

JVA (Jess) - 2nd July

Landi (Laura) - 3rd July

Blue Sky - 6th July

Kaborex - 10th July

Biggreeneyes - 13th July

Pushoz - 24th July

Rockchick - 26th July

Jasper - 30th July

Our lovely mumms:

Flic 25th February bab21
Claire_A 13th April bab22 bab22
Sandy 13th April bab21
Kat - 22th April bab22
Jess 12th April bab21
Roxy 20th April bab21 bab21
Kelly 25th April bab22
Nicole (Rainbowbridge) 10th May bab22
Bry 15th May bab21 bab22
Inik (Klaudia) 16th May bab22

:goodluck:

JVA

Ace

Reg: Jun 14th 2009

Children: Gorgeous little boy Henry

Friday, May 21st 2010, 9:39am

:hello: Morning Everyone

Laura - Thanks for doing the Hall of Due Dates sweetie [zx050] Looking forward to meeting up next week all being well with things your end :smile:

Rockchick - Welcome to 3rd tri woohoo I too am really looking forward to finding out whether we are having a little boy or girl bab10 bab11 ??? Although everywhere I go people have an opinion!!! Nearly everyone says 'ooohh your having a boy'....wait and see.

Bluesky - I think I need to keep an eye on my ring finger too, as it is sometimes getting a bit tight and will prob be even more so with the warmer weather forecast and I do not want to get them stuck on there. Yeah I am not taking too much notice of the size measurement of my bump although I kinda expected to be measuring a little larger. The midwife examined me and said LO's head is low into my pelvis and cos of the other symptoms I have had she did not think I would go as far as 40wks but then again there is no certainty so we will wait and see on that. [zx052] Well done on the swimming. I have been meaning to start yoga throughout my pregnancy but have still not done so. I may try going in the next few weeks or will wait til after the birth, which will be something nice for me to do afterwards, as there are some mother and baby classes, which look interesting.

Heartburn - Gaviscon does not work for me always, although the chewy tablets are better than the liquid. However, I would recommend plain natural yoghurt, which I found useful during 1st tri when I suffered bad with it during my sickness and nausea. I have bought some recently too.

Am going to get my bag packed this weekend so we are all prepared. Am going into town today to buy some cheap nighties (if I can find some to fit) and a couple of cheap dark towels to take to hospital then that is all of the bits for the bag done :thumbsup: Seems so weird now that I am at this stage, after everything, all the ups and downs of getting pregnant then the pregnancy itself, it is amazing and DH and I still keep saying to each other 'can you believe we are actually having a baby!!' :snigger:

Lynne / Betti - How are you both doing ladies? Any more signs of movement yet? We are all waiting......Hope you are both keeping ok with the warmer weather, it must be really uncomfortable for you both at this stage so well done as your posts have still been positive and I can imagine how impatient and fed up you must both be by now. xfingers something will happen this weekend for you both so you can avoid the induction stage. Although one of my friends was induced on her last pregnancy and she said it was fine, so it is not always difficult :)

Kangolka - Are you ok? You do not appear to have been on here for a while??? Hopefully you are just keeping busy somewhere ?(

Hi to everyone else - Jasper etc.

Well, I am going to pop into town today and then this eve I have a friend round for dinner which will be lovely, she is one of my oldest friends and we always have a good giggle. My brother is coming round tomorrow to help my DH get the spare room upstairs painted and finished so we can get it all back in order, as we just have not had time to get it done and it is now annoying us both so fingers x it will be done by the weekend. We also have so much stuff to ebay or put on friday ad - office furniture, chairs, new radiators which we bought but did not use a yr ago when renovating, plus a toilet and sink....need to get busy. I also want to make a mosaic house sign for our home so may make that a project for next week. So many things to do and so little time.....

Phoned the docs for my test results yesterday and they were not back so I will try again later today. I am not taking the antibiotics today, as I think they may be causing me nausea and headaches, as I have not had a headache for ages and had a stinker yesterday at my nct class. Also came over really weird in class, like I was gona pass out and an anxious feeling with tingly arms. Think my blood pressure may be low. Going to keep an eye on it and then go back to docs if it happens again. Feel ok this morning thankfully.

Well better go and get dressed now - hope you ladies have a good day.

blowkiss
Jessica

Reg: Mar 9th 2009

Children: Christian

Friday, May 21st 2010, 9:48am

Hi ladies,
Just reporting myself letting you know I am still here with LO inside me.
Yesterday after 2 o´clock I started to feel so energetic that I clean the kitchen cooked for DH and I and even went for a walk, mmmmmm sounds to me like the nesting period
This morning going to the toilet I think my mucous plug came out, feel exctied but nervous. I hope these are signs that LO is coming this weekend.
Will keep you all updated.

Lynne how are you doing?
Betti
2nd ICSI - April 2009 BFN
3rd ICSI - Aug 2009:BFP:

landi

Superstar

United Kingdom

Friday, May 21st 2010, 6:01pm

Hi ladies,

Betti - definate nesting I reckon. Hopefully it'll be this weekend. If you've had a show, then it's all good. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Jess - Any news about your results my lovely? I'm looking forward to luch next week too! Hope that you have a nice evening with your friend and that you, DH and your Bro manage to get your spare room sorted. [zx127]

Rockchick - Welcome to 3rd tri. It is a bit scary as people actually leave here with babies.

Blue sky - OMG the heat is doing my head in. I feel like an elephant with sausage fingers and toes!!! Hope that the heart burn isn't as bad. I have found that drinking some peppermint tea after meals has given me less heartburn at night.

Klaudia - your LO is very precious and gorgeous. Thanks for posting thre photos. I hope youre enjoying motherhood.

Lynne - How are you doing sweetie? Hopefully this weekend will be so hot that your bun is well and truley cooked. :snigger: Take care and I'm sure your LO will be with you soon.

Hi to the rest - BGE, Kaborex, Jasper, Kangolka - Hope you're all well.

AFM - Grandma had a 3rd stroke on Wednesday. We can't believe it! She's now had a scan on her neck and it has shown that her carrotted artery is partially blocked on her right and left side. So she going to have to have a 3 hour operation on Wednesday to remove the blockage. There is a 5% chance that she won't make it through the operation. But if she doesn't have it there's a 30% chance she'll have a huge stroke. After the operation the chances of that happening are reduced down to 10%. So I'll be crossing everything I can. Went to see her yesterday and she seemed much much better. She's still talking about my Grandad but not crying as much. However when I went to see her today, she didn't seem as good - but I guess that's only natural after losing the man you were in love with for 71 years.

Had a growth scan today which meant we got to see Rusty again :happy: His head and stomach are measuring nicely and she was pleased with his movements and the amniotic fluid. However she was concerned about 2 things. 1 - the length of his thigh bone is only on th 9th centile and hasn't grown as it should have. 2 - the doppler measured that the umbilical cord was showing resistance to the baby from the placenta for blood. And that the blood was more in his head. :sadface: She said that the thigh bone could just be that he's a small baby (tbh he probably will be as neither me or DH are tall and both our mum's are short), so not too worried about that. With regard to the placenta and the blood, she said that at the moment it's fine but it could mean that my placenta could start to age a little earlier and Rusty may need to be delivered early. It could also be the reason why his thigh bone is shorter. I've already got an appt with my consultant on Weds afternoon, but I now have another scan on Thurs to check on the thigh bone and the blood. Hopefully this will be ok. If not I guess I may have to have a c-section, but I'm not totally sure. I'm going armed with a list of questions when I see the consultant. Other than that she was really pleased with everything else and she reassured us that the extra scan was precautionary, but did say that if his thigh bone and bloods were still concerning them, that I would be having a scan a week just to check. Rusty weighs 4lb 10oz today (better than the dream I had where I was told he was 7lb already!!). She has told me that I have to get more rest. I asked if the recent stress of my Grandad dying and my Grandma having 3 strokes could have affect all this and she said possibly. So I'm going to try to relax as much as possible now.

We're just going out to dinner now with the in-laws. Hope youre all enjoying the lovely sun - and it's not making you all too sausage-like!! :snigger:
Love
Laura xx

LAURA
28.05.10 My miracle son Harry was born 5 weeks early, by c-section lurve

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "landi" (May 21st 2010, 6:02pm)

Jasper

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Friday, May 21st 2010, 6:48pm

I'm sat here with my feet in a bowl of water trying to reduce the swelling of my feet and ankles, oh and eating an ice cream!!!!

Not sure how I feel today. My best friend at work left to go on maternity leave today, which was sad and also exciting for her. Unfortunately we also had news of another colleague who's 8 week old baby sadly passed away last night. So it was a day of mixed emotions and I feel exhausted. So glad it's the weekend.

The weather is looking great for the weekend so we planning on a day trip to Longleat tomorrow. It's not far from where we live so we go there quite often. The dilema is what to wear! A friend recently gave me some black dresses that are great for work but maybe not a day in the sun. Does anyone know where you can get nice maternity shorts???

Anyway that's enough about me.......

Bluesky - well done on doing some exercise, I wish I could find some motivation!!!!

Rockchick - Welcome, our due dates are only 4 days apart!!!

Jess - Good idea to pack your back. Yesterday a friends sister gave birth at 33 weeks, which made me think that I won't leave it too much longer!!!

Betti - It looks like it could be this weekend! Good luck!

Laura - Take the consultants advice and relax! It must be so difficukt though with everything you have goin on at the moment.

Enjoy the weekend everyone!!!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Reg: Jun 5th 2009

Children: Lovely cute little girl Mia

Friday, May 21st 2010, 8:26pm

Hiya ALL!

So great to read you all!!!

Sorry for no personals today ;-) I keep my eyes on everything which is happening with you my dear friends! Just don't have toooo much energyyyyy...

AFM, I am feeling soooo tired last couple of days! It is just ridiculous!

Suddenly I am tired without doing much even... Ufff... and I want to go to bed at 8 pm or 9.30... evil2

And I go to bed... like yesterday... and I collapse more or less fast and than I wake up for a loo in 2-3 hours and that is IT! I can't go back to bed for few hours after... though I still feel tired and sleepy, but just can't dive into sleep... I tried to read and to go down and do things on the computer and when I feel I am ready to try again I go back to bed and I am

Laying down like a mummy with closed eyes and trying to fall asleep... and when I am very very close to gooooooo, I realize that I need a loo again or just my minds jumps out of the dream and I am awake again..... :tear:

Aaaaaaa....!!!! It is insane!!! :rant:

And after I can finally go to sleep around 3 or 4 am!!! I wake up at 10 or so and feel very tired still

Anyway... I guess nothing is wrong with me... I guess it is the last stage of the pregnancy or hormones or something :thumbdown:

Ladies who are past 38 weeks... did you feel tired too??? :tired: :tired: Will this feeling change or I will feel like that for the next 2-3 weeks? :hmm: :pullhair:

Lots of LOVE to all of you!!!! lurve :hugs:

Friday, May 21st 2010, 8:27pm

Oh, Jasper,

what happened to the poor little 8 weeks old baby???

United Kingdom

Reg: May 13th 2009

Children: One gorgeous little boy called Daniel

Friday, May 21st 2010, 9:12pm

Hi Ladies

Just thought I'd drop by to let you know that I'm still here...waiting!! I saw the midwife yesterday who said she didn't want to do another sweep just yet as I've already had two within a week. However she offered to come to the house on Sunday morning to do another sweep then and also do some accupressure to try to coax LO to come out before induction on Tuesday so I jumped at that chance...I just hope he comes before then.

The one positive to him being late is that the midwife led birth centre within the hospital where I wanted to have the baby has been closed for redecoration and it re-opens tomorrow so hopefully if he does come before Tuesday then I can use that. If I am to be induced though I have to use the central delivery unit which I didn't really want but at the end of the day I will just be pleased to meet him so however he comes I'm sure it will be worth it!!

I've kept really busy visiting friends etc this week so its flown by really & not been too bad despite the waiting...at times I forgot I was about to have a baby so would have probably jumped out of my skin had I have felt a contraction!!

Hasn't it been hot??? I have been boiling day & night all week...it doesn't help having central heating in my belly just like you ladies have too!

I hope everyone else is doing ok. I have read the posts but just feel pooped and so won't do personals tonight....hubby is wanting his tea!

Speak soon xx

landi

Superstar

United Kingdom

Saturday, May 22nd 2010, 10:28am

Morning all,

Lynne - I hope the accupressure works tomorrow if LO hasn't decided to start before then. Hopefully you can have LO in the birth centre. Glad that you're not finding it dragging too much.

Kangolka - hope that you managed to get some sleep last night.

Jasper - Hmmm ice cream! Hope that your feet managed to cool down a bit. Hope you have fun at Longleat - I've not been there for ages. Sounds like you had a real day of emotions yesterday. :cuddle

Hi to everyone else - Jess, Kaborex, BGE, Blue Sky, Betti and anyone else who I've not personally mentioned.

AFM - Managed to sleep okish last night. Had about 3 loo trips but managed to get back to sleep easily. I asked DH not to wake me this morning when he went to work so that I could get more sleep and I ended up waking up at 9.40am so I was really pleased. I'm not doing anything today. I've dedided to be selfish and just sit and watch tv, and pop on here. :snigger: I've got loads of Ghost Whisperer epsiodes to catch up on, so that is what I'll be doing today. I decided not to visit my Grandma today and just have a break. My Mum told me not to visit her tomorrow either and to just rest, but I'll see. Also got some friends coming round after dinner tonight as we've not seen them for a while. Hopefully having a catch up with the lovely Jess later which I know will help me relax.

I'm worrying about being induced early. I was very stupid and googled inductions - whata-mistaka-to-maka ;( I think I'm worried about having a sweep and whether that'll hurt more that actually giving birth. But I know that I won't know anything until I've seen the consultant and had my scan next week.

Right I'm off to put in a Tesco order online. Have a good day ladies - I'll probably pop on again later.
XX

LAURA

Saturday, May 22nd 2010, 10:28am

Hi, girlies!!!

I have an interesting update for everybody!

Famous Russian-American spiritual midwife is coming to London tomorrow for approximately 2 weeks and she will be available for some practices and short 1-2 days seminars while she is here. Her name is Marina Dadasheva Drown. She is a successor and student of Igor Charkovski (the person who gave the world the water birth). She has also was working with Mantak Chia for many years in Thailand. She knows and worked with Michel Odent and Ina May Gaskin.

Marina is a charming and very skilful person, who has 12 children of her own, most of which she had at home and in water ;-))

Simply, she is amazing in preparation for birth 9 (mentally and physically), whichever way you choose to have your birth! She is a BABY YOGA teacher, which is amazing SKILL to learn for ones of you of having had a baby lately or just about to have one ;-) Because baby yoga can be started from day one or later after birth (different techniques for different kids). And she can show few water baby healing exercises and rejuvenating things.

She has few very useful and very interesting lectures/seminars/workshops like Preparation for the Conscious Parenthood (for couples), she can give many good hints skills for breastfeeding, another seminar is TAO love (for couples), she is one of the few people who is practising rebirthing (special healing breathing techniques) for couples and she is a yoga teacher as well.

So if anybody of you would be interested to meet her or to attend any of her lessons here (which will take place during weekends in SE London), please, let me know. :)

I met her few times before and had participated in her seminars and just simply talked to her a lot, so I know exactly what I am talking about when I tell you all these things about her.

Have a great weekend everybody! smile2

Saturday, May 22nd 2010, 10:49am

Hi Ladies,

Yes I am still here at 41 weeks ?o(
Laura- so sorry you are going through so much your grandparents and also now such concerns with Rusty. Will be thinking about your family and crossing my fingers that the operation goes well on Wednesday. Also that everything goes just fine with the consultant, keep us updated.

Jasper I can understand your mixed feelings but like you said at leas tits weekend so try to relax and keep yoursel busy with other thoughts so you will be fresh on Monday.

Kangola it poor you it sounds terrible that your sleeping pattern is so disturb, I have been very lucky as I had had no problems sleeping not even now that I am 41 weeks.

Lynne sounds good that the MW is going to your home to help induce labor wish I had that service here, but I have not seen any MW since 2 weeks ago.

AFM- well maybe it was not the whole show I had as nothing has happen yet, getting so desperate have been going up and down stairs as much as I can and even manage [zx084] with DH and nothing. I give up!! our LO will come when he comes.
At least today he is letting us go to christening of a friend´s baby who is now 8 weeks old, my problem now is I have nothing to wear! well I will go see what I can put together.

Hugs to you all and may you all have a super weekend.
:hugs:
Betti

JVA

Ace

Sunday, May 23rd 2010, 9:38am

:hello: Everyone

How lovely is this weather we are having - beautiful and perfect for ice cream and pimms (yeah I wish!!) :cheeers:

Betti - Cannot believe you and DH have managed [zx084] [zx052] DH and I tried ages ago and he was sssooo not into it, had a complete block cos of LO being inside, which is fair enough, as I too felt a bit weird about it. To be honest, there has been very little chance of getting jiggy anyway, as my sickness was awful from 6wks to 24wks anyway! Enjoy your christening, what a great day for it.

Kangolka - That midwife sounds fab, really interesting. If I felt good enough for coming to London I would def be interested in attending some sessions. Hope you managed to get some sleep last night ?( Thanfully the insomnia prob seems to have stopped for me since finishing work, as that was what was occupying my mind most of the time when I woke up however, I still am up 3-4 times a night with loo runs and cramp down one side so I can sympathise with you entirely. Naps during the day are the best to try and recover. I am sure it is natures way of getting us ready for the broken sleep that lies ahead and for catching a nap during the day once the baby is here.

Laura - Look forward to chatting later sweetie. Try not to worry about the induction, if it happens at all. My friend was induced and was absolutely fine, not painful either apparently as I have already had that chat with her....So glad you are resting this weekend though and having a break :hugs:

Lynne - Hope the sweep and accupressure goes ok today - we await to hear all about it, especially the accupressure?

Jasper - Hope your feet are better and you managed to enjoy Longleat yesterday. Great weather for it, hopefully you coped ok and was not too hot. I saw some maternity shorts in Gap the other day so you could try there if you have one near by, and H&M.

AFM - Well I had a lovely day yesterday. My friend arranged a baby shower lunch for me at a local bar/restaurant, there were 12 of us and it was really lovely. She had a lovely balloon and some fancy napkins with a pregnant lady on it, loads of bits scattered over the table and we received some great pressies for Baby A. Three of my friends got me a voucher for a pampering session at a local salon so I can go and have a deluxe pedicure happydance I was thinking of going to have one soon, so that was a really nice present to get. I actually managed to paint my toe nails yesterday morning, which I thought was a major achievement, as it was certainly not easy! So nice to see how excited everyone is for us thumbup Whilst at the restaurant, there was another baby shower party behind us too - how funny is that! She was expecting twins.... I really really fancied a cold glass of white wine though, especially seeing my friends tucking into some rose and pino grigio :wine:

Then came home and my sister in law and niece came back with one other friend and we sat in the garden for a while chatting whilst DH and my bro finished up the painting upstairs, which I am pleased to say is nearly done, just the door to paint :weehee: Last night we then had friends round for a curry, so all in all a good day, very relaxing.

Today we are putting the bed and furniture back together upstairs and getting the room sorted, I have loads of washing to do and a few household chores but am going to try and relax a little and enjoy the sunshine while it lasts....Tomorrow DH is off so we are planning a trip to Southamptom to get some final bits for the baby and I need to pack my hospital bag too.

Hope you all have a great day blowkiss
Jessica

Sunday, May 23rd 2010, 11:23am

Hi everyone! Hope you are all enjoying this fabulous weather :cheeers:

Jess, sounds like you have had a great weekend so far, so glad you enjoyed the baby shower but I know what you mean about the wine. We have just been away and I have been drinking water and Orange Fanta whilst my Dh has been on the beers and wine mmmmmm Can't wait until I can have a cheeky glass of wine or a cold beer :yumyum:

Betti, really hope your LO makes an appearance soon hun, I bet this weather isn't helping either as nice as it is. [zx127] Hope you enjoyed the Christening!

Landi, I'm so sorry to hear you're having a tough time at the moment with everything [zx127] Really hope the operation goes well next week. Hope your weekend has been relaxing for you and you enjoyed having friends round.

Lynne, hope things went well today with your midwife - I have everything crossed that your LO decides to make an appearance before tuesday!

Kangola, hope you are managing to get a bit more sleep. It's so frustrating when you can't sleep and this weather doesn't seem to help. I was so hot last night I started getting really fidgety so DH had to get the fan out. It was lovely for me but DH was moaning he was cold! :snigger:

Jasper - 4 days apart, we could end up having our LO's on the same day!

AFM - have been feeling a little strange the last couple of days. Friday we had a look round a couple of nurseries and since then I have been struggling to work out how I feel ?( It seems a little premature but we have been told to get our names down for a nursery place as soon as we can as they get booked up so quickly. Yesterday we had a tour around the birthing centre, it has just been built and is lovely. They have active birth rooms which have a massive pool, ensuite facilities and lots of different things to sit/lay/crouch on for giving birth. The only thing they don't have is a bed as they like to encourage you to be upright to speed up labour. It has eased my mind quite a bit as everything I was worried about was answered and they don't just strap you up to a monitor and make you lay on a bed until you have given birth. While we were there, I got quite emotional as it is all becoming more real and so much closer. DH thinks I'm daft thinking like this as it's obviously going to happen but I just can't explain why I am feeling like this ?o( Despite my bump and LO being so active, it still feels like I am dreaming at times - is this because we have waited so long to get pg?

My good news for the weekend is that my sister announced yesterday that she is pg! :D She is due around the beginning of January next year about 5 months after our baby so it will be great for us to have babies so close in age.

Must go and take advantage of the sun, hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend!

bigkiss

United Kingdom

Sunday, May 23rd 2010, 12:16pm

Hello everyone

I hope you are all enjoying this sunshine without being too punished by the heat!

Just thought I would drop you a line to let you know how the midwife appointment went today. I am 10 days overdue and so the midwife came to the house this morning and did another membrane sweep. Then I thought she was going to do some accupressure but it was actually accupuncture which was a nice surprise. She inserted some needles in my hands and legs and also at the bottom of my back/top of my bum. Then she hooked up a machine to the ones near my bum and little electrical charge was passed through which was slightly uncomfortable but not painful. She also turned the needles in my hands and legs every so often. She said hopefully this will make my body start to have contractions at some point through the day or tomorrow because if it doesn't work then the last resort is induction on Tuesday. When she did the sweep she said I am still 1 -2 cm dialated which might change before Tuesday and if it does then they will try & break my water to start me off. If it doesn't change they will probably start using the prostaglandin gel to see if this starts things and if nothing has after 6 hours then it will be the dreaded drugs through the drip for me!! Since the midwife left I have had some more pains but have been having these on/off for weeks now so not hopeful they will develop but they may! I've also been bleeding since yesterday, not heavily & midwife was not concerned as baby was active with strong heartbeat so just waiting now. Going to go to my mum & dads for lunch who live a mile away so am going to walk there and walk back with DH hopefully.

I haven't had a problem with swelling throughout the pregnancy and my friend commented on this on Friday night and then low and behold yesterday my feet and ankles swelled to enormous proportions. They just didn't look like my feet!! They were so fat they had rolls around my ankles by the end of the day, then when I got up this morning it had reduced a lot but now they are back with a vengence. My toes were like sausages so I took the opportunity to do some acrobatics and paint my toe nails seeing as though they were much easier to see....hubby had a look at them today and said he was sure there was more polish on my toes than the actual nail but hey ho!!

Betti...I hope things move along for you soon too, its no fun being overdue is it?? Good for you managing to get jiggy with DH...I am definitely not up to it as I have been spotting/bleeding now for nearly 2 weeks & everyone I know that has put the effort in, it hasn't worked so I can't gee myself up to try! I think the curry thing is a myth too because since 40 weeks almost nothing has passed my lips without it having chilli or jalopenos on it...I even put Nando's hot peri-peri on my cottage cheese & jacket potatoes, oh & I've walked & walked & walked, nearly worn my shoes out....nothing wants to shift my LO!

Jess, I am glad you had a lovely baby shower and such a nice day yesterday. I hope you have many more good days before LO arrives.

Jasper - sorry to hear about your swelling too. As for maternity shorts, I got some from H&M, which were great except we didn't get the weather to wear them and now we have they don't fit as I am so overdue! I am hoping to wear them after the baby comes though as I'm certain my belly won't just disappear!

Laura...sorry you have had some unsettling news from your scan on top of everything else....try not to worry too much, at each of my scans there's always been something not quite right but then by next scan that problem had gone to be replaced by something else not right yet the consultant nor midwife have been concerned so I've not either.

Kangolka - thats great info about the midwife...bit late in the day to be relevant to me though it probably is interesting to those of you near to London. Hope things are going ok for you.

Rockchick....wow what great news about your sister...that will be so lovely for you all. Its quite normal to feel like you do about it dawning on you that an actual baby is going to arrive soon...I think it is because it was so difficult to get pregnant, you end up harbouring this deep seated feeling you will never have a baby and it hides in your subconcious...then the excitement of early pregnancy whisks you away and you are just so concentrating on reaching the next goal, scan etc that when they have all gone by then it suddenly hits you that its really happening...the birth centre sounds great too. Ours has just re-opened this weekend but unless LO appears on his own I can't use this...boo!

Anyways, I am absolutely boiling so am going to head off for a cold drink & peg some more washing out before going to my mums.

Speak soon....unless the midwife's magic works!!

Sunday, May 23rd 2010, 4:52pm

Hi ladies,

Just a quick update from me, well I woke up today at 1 in the morning with mestruation pains and then I can say I really had the show this time so I could not fall asleep again until about 8 and since then been sleeping on and off. Since last night I have been spoting just like Lynne and I hope it would mean that today we would have to go to the hospital but no nothing more yet.
Lynne you are so right all these myths that we are desperate to try but when they don't work you just feel sad and even more impatient, oh well our LO will come next week at least weather on their own or with induction.

Sorry for not doing personals but I am just not feeling very good today.

Hugs to everyone
Betti

landi

Superstar

United Kingdom

Monday, May 24th 2010, 9:06am

Happy Monday Mummies & bumps!

Betti - :hugs: I do hope that you're feeling a little better today hun. I can only imagine that your LO is so bloomin comfortable in there. I hope that things have moved along a bit more overnight.

Lynne - :hugs: to you too! I hope that the accupuncture has worked and that you're on your way too! Not long now my lovely.

Rockchick - Good news about your sister! Wishing her a happy & healthy 8 months or so. If you ever need to know anything about nurseries - ask away. I've worked in them for over 10 years. I've not started looking yet myself, but probably will in about October / November.

Jess - Have fun with DH at Southampton getting bits for Baby A. Speak later my lovely - hopefully :snigger:

Hi to everyone else not mentined personally.

AFM - Yesterday my mum told me to have another day of rest and not to visit my Grandma, but to concentrate on Rusty and me for another day. It's felt weird not visiting my grandma coz I've seen her nearly everyday for the last 3 weeks or so. But I'm going to visit her today. Yesterday I ended up having a lazy morning. I then had my food shopping delivered just before 2pm. Then my friend suggested we meet up for drink in the afternoon. So we went to a local pub and sat in their beer garden for a few hours. I managed to get home 2 mins before DH got back from work.

I think I've got SPD as my pelvis really aches sometimes. I first noticed this about 6 weeks ago when mw 1st measured my bump and when she pressed on my pubic bone it really felt bruised. Since then I've noticed that it hurts / aches more at night when I'm turning and if I've done a lot of walking. I've looked it up on the internet and it seems that I have a lot of symptoms. So when I see the cons on Weds I'm going to mention it to her. Sitting on a picnic bench yesterday certainly didn't help. I'm finding that the only place it's comfortable to be is lying ln my side in bed. I've been using a pillow at night between my legs which I think is helpng a bit. But not sure what this means for giving birth.

Other signs & symptoms recently have been getting out of breath much more easily. My god I never thought that getting dry after a shower would be so much hard work. Finding it difficult to put socks on, but really only my right foot coz thats the side he's lying. Rusty has been moving about quite a bit, but rarely kicks now - I guess there's not much room now. Also since being pg have noticeed that the hair on my legs doens;t grow at all really. It's really nice as don't have to worry about shaving them.

Still been really hot but it's lovely to have so much sun. However it's made me really want to go on holiday. Not been since our honeymoon and miss being abroad. So we've started thinking about where we can go with Rusty next year. I think we'll go to Portugal as friends of the family have a villa which we've stayed in before.

I hope that this week is a positive one - god knows I need one. I've got a consultant appt on Weds with a follow-up scan on Thurs. And my Grandma has her operation on Wednesday. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's going to be a good week.

Hope that you all have a really nice day - whatever you're doing.
Love
Laura X

LAURA

Monday, May 24th 2010, 5:16pm

Hej ladies
quickly we are non our to the hospital have been having contractions since 3 am so wish me luck hopefully they wont send me home.
Betti

Monday, May 24th 2010, 7:55pm

:goodluck: Betti, I have everything crossed that you will soon be meeting you LO! How exciting!

:xxx3:

JVA

Ace

Tuesday, May 25th 2010, 8:58am

:hello: morning ladies

happydance :dancing: Lynne had her little baby boy yesterday - just seen the announcements. Thankfully it seems she got her wish and managed to avoid the induction, which was due today! :congrats: Lynne, we look forward to hearing from you soon and seeing some pics of your lovely little boy.

Laura - What are we like eh! Keep trying to catch up on the phone and have not managed it yet :snigger: today's the day sweetie, speak later. Hope you had an enjoyable day yesterday and I hope your grandma was ok when you visited her ?( I know what you mean about the SPD thing, my pelvis really hurts at night, especailly when turning but I put it down to the weight of the baby especially as LO's head is now very low down. You made me :snigger: about drying yourself when you get out of the shower, as I have the exact same problem, although I seem to be completely wiped out doing anything now??!!! Wishing you a really positive week this week honey, with all the things you have going on xfingers

Betti - :goodluck: Hope everything is going ok and we await your news [zx055]

Rockchick - [zx055] news about your sister being pregnant - how lovely for you to have babies so close together thumbup y thumbup u will be able to share all of your pregnancy experiences and then baby experiences together. I totally understand how you have been feeling about everything you said in your post. Nurseries - I remember my friend telling me to start looking at them when I was 7 wks pregnant cos of how popular they can be and how early you need to get your name down however, I was def not going to start looking before my 12wk scan and then before my 20wk scan!! When you have problems getting pregnant and finally do, each stage is such a milestone that you cannot think that far ahead at all, you just want to get thru each part, that is all that is important. We are going to start looking at some in the next few months with the help of the lovely Laura, as she has kindly volunteered to help due to living close by. Feelings - Well the other things you say about how you are feeling are exactly how I feel too. I still keep saying to DH 'can you believe we are having a baby'!! He now laughs at me.... I keep getting waves of emotion, sometimes excitement about the fact that we are actually having a baby and I thought it may never happen and how unbelievable nature is that I have a child, our little baby growing inside me but then I also sometimes get overwhelmed with worry/fear about being a mum and thinking am I going to be a good mum, will I be able to cope and how am I going to feel being a stay at home mum and will my DH think I am doing a good enough job! I know the last thing is nonsense, as my DH has every confidence in my abilities but then I guess it just goes back to the usual self doubt I have sometimes about myself in general, I am sure it is a woman thing, as most of my friends are the same but you never seem to hear men talk in the same way....

Have you done any NCT classes? I must admit having attended them, they really put everything into perspective for you and point out the reality that some babies will cry more than others and it is no reflection of you as parents, it is quite simply the baby itself. We will all learn to know our babies better than anybody else, so when somebody comes out with a statement about 'oh your baby is this or that or you should do this or that', we will instinctively know what is right for our baby ourselves. Trust your instincts is one of the things I learnt from class be it with the birth and baby afterwards. Do not try and be wonder woman afterwards, there are going to be times when you feel like crying and just cannot cope but make sure communication is key with your partner and also accept offer from those around you with household chores etc. I am really houseproud but having gone thru IVF and the sickness during my pregnancy, I have learnt to chill out if things are not done quite as often as normal, so this has prep me for having the baby I think :smile:

Sorry I think I have gone on a bit but in short - I feel exactly the same as you and it is probably how everybody else feels too at this stage, when the arrival is fast approaching.

Well DH and I had a good day down in Southamptom yesterday, we managed to buy most of the remaining little bits for the baby so it was well worth going :thumbsup: I felt absolutely exhausted though and I have a really painful foot - think I have pulled/stretched a muscle on the top running from my toes to my ankle, it really hurts to walk on it :thumbdown: We got back home at 5:30 sat in the garden for half hr then had dinner and walked down to our last NCT class, which conveniently was 5 mins down the road, as it was the breastfeeding session. We could both have done without it, as we were so knackered however, it was brilliant. The lady was so lovely, very relaxed and fun and very informative. I am ssssoooo glad we went, as we both learnt so much, unbelievable and there is no way I would have read the things we were told. I must say I have a completely different understanding of breastfeeding, importantly the techinique to successful breastfeeding, the difficulties and how to overcome them, when the right time is to try introducing a bottle for expressing to involve dad too. I am certain that had some of my friends been on such a course they may have found bf easier. I have always said I will give it a go and see how I get on, so we will wait and see what happens when LO arrives.....

Well I had better get dressed and get on, got loads going on this week. Today I need to go food shopping, do some washing and chores and pick up my doctors note. My doc signed me off yesterday for this week to take me up to my maternity leave, so that is it for me now. My boss is not going to be v happy at all but like DH said, he only has himself to blame for being so horrid. Tomorrow I am meeting a friend for lunch and Thurs I have a friend and her 6mth old coming to me for lunch, then Friday the lovely Laura is visiting. Somewhere in between all of this soclialising, I need to get my hopsital bag packed and write a birth plan, as I ma getting worried these are not done yet and I am convinced LO is going to surprise us early.....

Can all of you ladies really feel the complete shape of your LO's now inside? I can feel the back, bum, legs etc when I touch my tummy now. I am sure it is a big baby and this thought process does not help when everybody I see keeps saying 'oh you are big for your stage, especially as you have another month to go'......oh well, it has got to come out some how....

Hope you all have a great day
:bye:
Jessica

JVA

Ace

Tuesday, May 25th 2010, 9:01am

HALL OF DUE DATES

May baby1

Betti- 15th May

June bab16

Kangolka - 5th June

July bab13

JVA (Jess) - 2nd July

Landi (Laura) - 3rd July

Blue Sky - 6th July

Kaborex - 10th July

Biggreeneyes - 13th July

Pushoz - 24th July

Rockchick - 26th July

Jasper - 30th July

Our lovely mumms:

Flic 25th February bab21
Claire_A 13th April bab22 bab22
Sandy 13th April bab21
Kat - 22th April bab22
Jess 12th April bab21
Roxy 20th April bab21 bab21
Kelly 25th April bab22
Nicole (Rainbowbridge) 10th May bab22
Bry 15th May bab21 bab22
Inik (Klaudia) 16th May bab22
Lynne 24th May bab22

:goodluck:
Jessica

Reg: Jul 17th 2009

Children: William - born 16.05.2010 :)

Tuesday, May 25th 2010, 11:10am

Hi Girls!!
How are you all
Just a quick one from me as taking my ittle boy shopping :D

Lynne- CONGRATULATIONS HUNI!!!!!! Another boy !! bab22 well done!! cannot wait to see some pics!!

Betti- how you doing girl??

AFm- its all good here. William is such a lovely baby, he only cry when is hungry and I get plenty of sleep with him. Well only 2 -3 h at time but its enough :)

Hope all the bumps are growing well

Lots of love x
Klaudia
IVF 2009- :BFP: my DS born may 2010 lurve
IVF 2013- :BFP: DD born 29.12.2013
Good luck everyone :xxx3:

2mums

Star

Reg: Jun 28th 2008

Children: One gorgeous son

Tuesday, May 25th 2010, 3:11pm

Hello girls, can I join you? I'm 28 weeks today - it's gone so fast!

I've been lurking for a few days reading your posts... congratulations to Lynne, and it looks as though more congratulations will be in order for Betti soon. Weird to think that it could be me in 12 weeks' time - I still can't quite believe I'm lucky enough to be pregnant!

I recognise a lot of names from 2nd tri, but for those who don't know me, I'm expecting a little boy and hoping for a homebirth. I had a 3D scan last week and got some amazing pics (in my diary if anyone wants a peek).

ICSI Apr09 BFN
ICSI Jul09 BFP m/c (blighted ovum)
ICSI Nov09 :BFP:
:boy:

Tuesday, May 25th 2010, 11:19pm

:hello: 2mums! It's good to see you over here, it's a bit scary though as everyone is having babies on this thread!

:congrats: Lynne on the birth of your boy, so glad you didn't have to be induced happydance Looking forward to seeing some photos!

Jess, thank you for making me feel better, I'm so glad I'm not alone in my feelings etc. I looked into the NCT classes in our area and they were so expensive so have to admit we have just gone for the NHS one which is 2 hours one evening and that's it! I'm not expecting too much from it as there can only be a limited amount they can tell you in 2 hours mmmmmm Thankfully I have FZ!!!! I am hoping to find out if there is a seperate bf class locally as I really want to give it my best try.

Just got home from my first day back at work today after our hols and I have really struggled to get comfy. Baby's bum has been sticking in my ribs all night and I have been alternating between sitting and standing for the last 9 hours. :thumbdown: Am really hoping that I can get my supervisor to allow me to stop working my shifts now. It's getting more difficult to work them and could do with just working day shifts from now as I get so tired early evening.

Inik, sounds like you are enjoying having William here, hope the shopping went well and great that you are getting some sleep! :)

JVA

Ace

Wednesday, May 26th 2010, 8:45am

Hi everyone

2mums - Welcome to 3rd tri :weehee: You think time has gone fast so far, wait and see how quickly it goes over here :faint: I cannot believe it....

Rockchick - I would recommend phoning the NCT to see if you are able to attend just a bf session with one of their ladies, alternatively they do tend to be involved with local bf groups, where mums or mums2be go along and chat and bf so it may be worth asking about one locally so you can pop along before the birth and hear the tips on successful bf etc. I am planning on going to one of the groups. Funny really, as I have always kind of been a little wary of bf and whether I would like it etc but having been to the bf session, I feel more positive about it so am gona give it a go and see. I feel for you on the work front and would def ask your supervisor about changing your shifts. In fact they have to do a H&S risk assessment for you whilst pregnant (assume they have done this), allow you sufficient breaks etc and if you are struggling with the hours, they have to be flexible, so I cannot see them being able to say no to changing them :goodluck:

Klaudia - So glad that everything is going well with little William :thumbsup: Have you had a celebration :wine: yet? Us girls were rather pleased to find out in our bf session the other night that you are allowed wine, brie, pate etc straight after pregnancy, as it does not affect bf!! Obviously not lots of alcohol but the odd glass is fine, as you can have a glass well before a feed and it will work itself out of your blood beforehand. We were all convinced these would be a no no.

Laura - :goodluck: today with everything going on.

No news from Betti yet??? Guess she has probably had her LO by now but not around to post yet xfingers all is well.

AFM - Well I felt terrible most of yesterday, really bad back ache like a wave of pain kept coming over me and sore tummy, kept tightening up - Braxton H's I think, and just generally wiped out. Had a really bad night sleep again, was up about 7 times for the loo then DH was snoring so I ended up going upstairs to ou spare room, which is thankfully finished now. I think tonight I am going to stop drinking any fluids early on in the eve and see if this helps with the loo runs :snigger:

Am meeting a friend for lunch today and need to do some washing too. Where has the lovely sunshine gone today ?(
Jessica

Wednesday, May 26th 2010, 10:54am

Hi, All!

So happy to seee a lot of happy posts!

Very very Happy for Lynne!!! Yeaaa! Amazing! The LO has arrived!!! :weehee: :party: :flowerbasket:

I am sure we will hear the news about Betti too today ;-) lurve :hugs:

It is such an amazing feeling to read how we all one after one having our dreams come true and the new life starting for all!!! :weehee:

Rockchicks: Congratulations on many good news for you!!! Really lovely situation with your sis preggy ;-)

Klaudia: Lot of love to you, dear!!! Happy that everything goes smoothly with William! Did you get a good hand with breastfeeding? Is it easy now? ;-)

Jess: Lots of love! Feel free to ask me more about the midwife and her ways or some other suggestions for books and sources of info, I have been investigating a lot about naturals births and non medicated ways. If you might feel energetic in next 10 days, you still have a good chance to come to meet the midwife personally! She is very charming lady and happy to share her knowledge!!!

Laura: Sweetie, hope your granny will be much better soon! I can imagine how incredibly difficult it is to cope with such situation! I wish you strength and take care of yourself and Rusty first of all... :hugs: :flowers:

Hi to everybody else! Great to read you all! :rainbow:

AFM: I am good, spending my time actively these days. Going to the swimming pool and sauna every day, eating nice healthy foods, doing yoga and pelvic stretches ;-))) Hopefully the LO will be ready to appear very soon. The full moon cycle starts tomorrow and it is been known to be the best time to give birth ;-))

Sleeping is mich better, only had quite bad those 2 days... Now it is normal, just waking up for a loo 4-5 times, but it is cool with me.

Girlies, I guess few of us find it difficult to have a regular love making sessions with our DH's as they are really feel awkward and a bit scared and we are not always in the mood too I guess... But for bad sleeping I would still recommend you to have yourself to relax! :laugh: :yes: It really helps to sleep better!!!

Wednesday, May 26th 2010, 10:57am

Ou... funny thing!

I had a look at the hall of births and realised that there are more BOYS than GIRLS born ;-)))

We need to get the balance I think ;-)) :thumbsup2: happydance

2mums

Star

Wednesday, May 26th 2010, 11:20am

Jess, sorry to hear you’ve been feeling so uncomfortable. A breastfeeding group sounds like a really good idea – I’m very keen to breastfeed and will be attending one of the NCT sessions in July.

Laura, hope you’re doing OK after everything you’ve been through yesterday.

Kangolka, maybe you’ll have a girl to help redress the balance! You must have lots of energy going swimming every day, even the thought of it makes me feel tired.

I wonder whether Betti's had her LO yet? Very exciting... I must keep an eye on those birth announcements.

AFM, saw the midwife yesterday and all is well. My tummy measured 20cm, which is perfect for 28 weeks, and Bobble was very active when she tried to listen to his heartbeat. Perhaps he doesn’t like it, as he kicked Mrs Me in the face when she put her ear against my tummy to see if she could hear anything! The look of surprise on her face was hilarious. rotf

The midwife said there was a small trace of blood in my urine but didn’t seem worried as I don’t have any other symptoms. Really hoping it’s not the start of an infection. Also my blood test results were back and my iron is still low, despite me taking iron tablets. I’ve been taking them for a few weeks, so surely the levels should have built up by now? I’ll have to try to eat more iron-rich foods… I don’t have much red meat, so I guess I’m not getting enough from my diet.

Talking of food, my pregnancy book says that you need an extra 200 calories in the last three months, so I’ve just started having an extra snack before bed. Finding it quite hard though, as I’m just not that hungry! I think Bobble is squashing my stomach because I feel full up really quickly these days.

Yesterday I was working from home and sat on my birthing ball all day – and for once I didn’t get achy ribs! It was fantastic. I’ve asked work if it would be OK for me to bring in a ball to sit on, as I get really uncomfortable after sitting in my office chair all day… the person I need to speak to is on holiday til next week, but I’m really hoping she’ll say yes (though I have a sneaking suspicion that it might be seen as a ‘safety hazard’ or something! :snigger: )

ICSI Apr09 BFN

landi

Superstar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, May 26th 2010, 12:36pm

Hello everyone!

2mums - Welcome to 3rd tri :cuddle Hope that your iron improves - I eat a lot of Kiwis as they have iron in them, also spinach is good. I bet Mrs Me was gutted that Bobble kicked her :snigger: shouldn't laugh really. I had the same thing where you feel fuller quickly. Just try to spread out eatng all through the day.

Lynne - WOOHOO!!! Your LO is finally here! :congrats: I'm so so happy for you.

Betti - the silence has made us all think that your LO is here too. Fingers crossed - looking out for birth announcements all the time.

Kangolka - Thanks for your message hun. Hopefully the new moon phase will be the right time for you.

Jess - finally we managed to speak! :snigger: Hope that you have a nice lunch. Good luck with bag packing this aft as well. Looking forward to our lunch on Friday.

Big hi to everyone else.

AFM - Today is a big day for me. My Grandma has her operation - although I'm not sure the time yet. So fingers crossed she makes it through and she can start her physical recovery as well as her emotinal recovery from losing her husband. I also have got cons appt at 2pm and hope to find out more about what's going to happen or could happen to me and Rusty. Got another scan tomorrow morning at 8.15am to see how things have developed over the last week. I'll keep you updated.

One of the ladies in my NCT class was taken in early as she had pre-eclampsia and it really got me worrying about goign into hospital to have Rusty - ony because I've never had any medical procedures. The biggest thing I've had is a blood test. I'm sure it'll be fine though. Had a good time at yesterday's class as we met as the bumps, babes and Tiddlypeeps group. We were shown around. Then a few of us went out for lunch. They're such a lovely group of people, looking forward to getting to know them better.

Glad that it's not so hot today - although I'm sweating like - I don't know what. Not nice!!

Got our hospital tour tonight at 8pm so after cons appt we're going to DH's parents' for dinner and then going straight onto the hospital as they live closer to it. We've spent some time writing out a few questions and things to ask them about so hopefully I'll feel a lot calmer after the tour.

Right I suppose that I really should get dressed! God I love maternity leave!! :snigger:
Lots of love to you all
XX

LAURA

Wednesday, May 26th 2010, 12:58pm

2mums - YES! We are expecting a baby girl! ;-)) happydance

2mums

Star

Wednesday, May 26th 2010, 2:14pm

That's great Kangolka :smile: I wasn't sure if you were having a 'surprise' or not as it doesn't say in your signature.

Laura, hope your granny's operation goesw well today xfingers

ICSI Apr09 BFN

Reg: Mar 17th 2008

Children: Twins!

Wednesday, May 26th 2010, 4:59pm

Hi everyone... checking into the home straight as I'm 29 weeks today. Hope everyone's well!

I'll catch up on the posts later as I need to rest a bit before our NCT antenatal class this evening. They say with twins you usually hit a wall about 30 weeks and I am definitely well on my way there. I can't manage a day at work without having a really stiff back and painful bumbone, so something tells me that I'm not going to be at work much for the last 2 and a half weeks I have left. Off for a lie down - more from me later! :smile:
* Emma * :smile:
TTC 8 yrs PCOS - Clomidx10 - IVFx3
Nov 2009 Last try: Short protocol ICSI - wonderful BFP!!! -
TWINS!!
: D

Jasper

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Wednesday, May 26th 2010, 6:56pm

Hi everyone,

As usual I leave it a few days between posts and then it seems impossible to catch up, so I apologise for lack of personals, but I just don't know where to start. 5 more weeks until I start maternity leave and then there will be no stopping me, I'll be on here all day!!! In between sunbathing in the garden of course! Has everyone else found that their skin is more sensitive???? I have to be so careful. I use a once a day lotion and on Saturday I must have missed a bit on my arm so it was exposed all day, it is soooo red!!!!

I am getting more tired by the day and the night time toilet trips are increasing! I can't imagine how I'll feel in a few weeks!!!

Aiwah and 2mums - nice to see you in the 3rd tri. Exciting things happen here!!!

A while ago I posted about some bargains I got from ASDA including a travel cot for £25, but it was actually advertised at £12.50. After a couple of emails to them to complain they have agreed to refund the difference, so we got a travel cot for £12.50, what a bargain!! I feel very pleased with myself!!!!

Hope you are all well. xx

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Reg: Mar 9th 2008

Children: Otis and Ava, July 2010 following successful FERC

Wednesday, May 26th 2010, 7:56pm

Hi All

Aiwah - Welcome to the third Trimester. Are you going to a specific twins NCT course? I have to say ours is absolutely fantastic.

Laura - Hope that your Grans operation went well

Jasper - Well done on getting the money back off ASDA.

Now for my rant. We went to our NHS antenatal class a week and a half ago and was told that our consultant had retired!!!!!! Needless to say we have not bee told anything. Anyway I have got my consultant appointment on Tuesday and we've just received a letter to say our appointment has been cancelled on Tuesday and now re-arranged it for Thursday morning, wouldn't mind but I've got a really busy day as it's my penultimate day so I'm going to have to cancel a load of apppointments and rearrange them. Anyway the letter just says "unforeseen circumstances" so I'm really P****d off as it obviously isn't unforeseen.

Pushoz
Pushoz
1st ICSI July 09- BFN

FET Oct/Nov - BFP

It's Twins!!!!!

landi

Superstar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, May 26th 2010, 9:57pm

Hi all,

Quick update from me. Went to cons appt and saw Registrar. She said that we have to wait for scan tomorrow. If the results are the same or worse than last week I've got to go straight to the Antenatal Day Unit at the hospital and be monitored on a CTG. She said that they may then decide to admit me for monitoring and that potentially I may need to have Rusty delivered asap. She told me to take my hospital bags with me just in case. She said that they may try to induce me, but as I'm still early(?) the induction may not work so chances are I would have a c-section.

So feeling a bit anxious and excited right now. Just been for our hospital tour so I've seen more of where I'll be after giving birth which has made me feel a bit better.

Anyway I'll be keeping Jess (JVA) posted with what's going on. Jess sweetie, can you update my diary and this chat thread for me please?

Right better go as scan is at 8.15am and need to get some sleep.
Take care everyone
XX

LAURA

landi

Superstar

United Kingdom

Thursday, May 27th 2010, 7:18am

Just about to get showered. I didn't sleep very well.
Tbh I'm really scared about the possibility of having an operation. The biggest medical procedure I've ever had is a blood test, so the thought of a c-section is scaring me.
Funily enough I'm not worried about Rusty coming early. But the fact that I may meet my baby boy is being replaced by my fear of the operation.
Right gotta go as not much time.
XX

LAURA

Reg: Mar 9th 2008

Children: Otis and Ava, July 2010 following successful FERC

Thursday, May 27th 2010, 8:21am

Laura Hope everything goes well today. I'm sure if you need a C-section it will just be the fear that will be worse than the reality.

Pushoz
Pushoz
1st ICSI July 09- BFN

FET Oct/Nov - BFP

It's Twins!!!!!

JVA

Ace

Thursday, May 27th 2010, 8:51am

Morning Ladies :hello:

Wow lots of posts on her yesterday :thumbsup:

Laura - :goodluck: sweetie. I await your texts and will of course update your posts on here :smile:

Kangolka - Wow you are keeping active [zx052] I wish I had had time to get into my yoga during my pregnancy but what with work and feeling so sick it just has not happened however, I am determined to get into it after LO is born. Nice to hear you are having a girl too :thumbsup:

I keep meaning to ask you lovely ladies what you are expecting??? We do not know so it will be a surprise ?(

Aiwah - :weehee: Another newbie - Welcome to 3rd tri. I feel wiped out with just one LO so I can imagine how tired you must be feeling.

Pushoz - Nightmare NHS eh! Nothing like giving you proper notice. It is fine for them to rearrange at the drop of a hat but when you want to arrange something it takes months....

Jasper - We bought that travel cot too :thumbsup: although I did not see it advertised for half price, so well done! You are wishful thinking with your comment about sunbathing in the garden in 5wks time aren't you :snigger: You never know we may actually get a summer this year xfingers

2mums - Sounds like you were very comfy on your birthing ball. I think you will find that your work have to make you as comfy as possible so if it means sitting on your birthing ball rather than having to leave work early due to back ache, they will probably agree to it!! Sure they would prefer you there than not.

Well I felt much better yesterday afternoon, managed to do some housework, swept the floors, hoovered, did some washing and then cooked DH dinner. We had fish cakes and I made a Greek Salad out of the new Jamie Oliver cookbook and it was fab happydance D said it was the best salad he has eaten, better than any restaurant, so thumbup

Had a better night sleep last night, only got up twice, which is a miracle these days however, I have woken up with really sore pelvis, tummy ache, back ache and feel sick :sadface: I assume these are all normal symptoms of being at this stage of the pregnancy with LO weighing more and pushing down. Have my friend coming round to visit lunchtime with her 6mth old girl, so am really looking forward to that. Still need to get my hospital bag done, as I did not do it yesterday.

Have a good day all
Jessica

2mums

Star

Thursday, May 27th 2010, 11:54am

Hello Emma! Glad to see some more familiar faces from 2nd tri.

Jasper, I’ve heard that about skin being more sensitive, but I’m very sun-cautious anyway and slap on factor 50 at the slightest hint of sunlight. But I have noticed a couple of brown spots on my forehead that are probably chloasma. Glad you got your money back on the travel cot, better late than never!

Pushoz – would have been nice if they’d told you about your consultant retiring!

Laura, thinking of you and good luck.

Jess – I’m expecting a boy. Mrs Me kind of wanted it to be a surprise but I was desperate to know and she said it was silly for me to know and her not! Do you have any ‘feeling’ as to what sex your baby might be? I always thought Bobble was a boy right from the beginning. Sounds like your salad was a big hit. Sorry to hear you’re not feeling so good, take it easy and have fun with your friend.

AFM… Last night when I got home there was a message on the answerphone asking me to ring the antenatal clinic regarding my blood test results. I was expecting it to be about the low iron, but when I rang them back this morning they said that my platelet count is low (108 - they don't like it to go below 100) and they want me to go there tomorrow to speak to a doctor. No one mentioned this when I rang the GP surgery to ask about my blood test results (though I don't think the receptionist really knew what she was talking about!)

Now I'm starting to feel worried that this will mean I can't have a homebirth :S I guess I'll just have to wait and see what they say tomorrow. I don't really know much about platelets (thank goodness for google!) but apparently it's to do with blood clotting. Low platelet levels could mean I'm at more risk of bleeding.

Anyone else had this or know anything about it?

ICSI Apr09 BFN

JVA

Ace

Thursday, May 27th 2010, 5:27pm

Hi 2mums. My friend had low platelets and had to be monitored carefully particularly just before her due date. As hers did not go up she had to go in for a transfusion, which was fine, just meant a day in hospital. She had a normal birth and very healthy little girl so I would not worry too much but obviously you will find out more when you speak to your mw or doctor soon xx
Jessica

JVA

Ace

Thursday, May 27th 2010, 5:31pm

Me again!

Laura text me this morning to say that the scan she had first thing today showed a worse situation than last week so she was being sent to the hospital for monitoring. I have just got a text from Laura's DH to say they are now on their way to Sutton and Laura is going to be having her baby today!! He did not say anymore than that so I will await the next update and let you know.

I really hope everything is ok, as she really did not want a c section but then if it is necessary for little rusty then it has to be done.
Jessica

Reg: Oct 23rd 2009

Thursday, May 27th 2010, 7:33pm

Hi all can i join you

I recogise a few names on here from 2nd tri chat

im 28 weeks had anti natal today and measuring a week ahead..... gosh so scarey to think im in my last trimester now and soon my beautiful baby girl will be here soon, i have been reading your posts its amazing that some of you have had your bundle of joy... i cant wait.

I have consultant appt in 3 weeks as i have bad svp so they are looking at i9nducing me at 38/39 weeks if i have not gone early so hopeully they may give me a date scary stuff!!!!

xx

JVA

Ace

Thursday, May 27th 2010, 10:41pm

Evening All

Welcome to 3rd tri jamielou1 - yes you will indeed meet your LO very soon, time goes very quickly over here!!

Just spoke to Laura who is staying overnight in hospital. She had another scan this morning and the blood flow situ was not any better so she has been monitored all avo and thankfully little Rusty is showing as perfectly fine on the monitor, so the meds are a bit baffled about the blood situ?! They decided not to do anything today so she is being monitored again at 11pm, then 7am and a further scan tomorrow, with the likelihood of a c section tomorrow.

Thanfully Laura has DH staying at the hospital with her tonight, the meds have been very informative and attentive so she feels like she is in good hands. There is also a bed in the special care baby unit just in case Rusty needs it.

Will let you know more tomorrow.
Jessica

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Friday, May 28th 2010, 1:14pm

OMG OMG OMG!!! Good luck Laura!!

Don't forget the site is offline from 3.30 today ladies and baby bumps!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Flic" (May 28th 2010, 2:44pm)

United Kingdom

Friday, May 28th 2010, 4:45pm

Hello Ladies

Just a very quick post from me as I have posted my birth story in my birth announcement but just wanted to let you ladies know that baby & I are home now and things are bloody fantastic!!! Whilst in hospital I was panicking I wouldn't cope as I seemed to be forever getting help off the midwives but all the questions I asked have been worth it as since I came home I feel quite confident with the baby and what needs to be done....touch wood!!

He didn't sleep well last night as he ended up feeding in 10 minute bursts between 1.30am & 3.45am & it killed my boobs/stitches but he did then settle and slept through til gone 8am so it wasn't too terrible. Although I don't know how I stayed awake!

I hope you ladies are all doing ok, your time will be here before you know it.

I hope Laura is ok & will be avidly awaiting news of how she's gone on.

Has anyone heard from Betti...I presume she has had the baby but she lives in Germany so they might keep you in longer there or just not had time to post....its already nearly 5pm & I have just eaten lunch! I got up at 7.45am and since then the day has flown.

Will keep dropping by to see how you are doing...when I get time!

2mums

Star

Friday, May 28th 2010, 5:35pm

Hello girls!

Good luck to Laura... I wonder if she’s met her little Rusty yet?

Hello Jamielou.

Lynne, congratulations – glad everything’s going so well. I’ll pop in and read your birth story later x

AFM...The appointment was pretty much a waste pf time...after waiting for an hour (luckily I had a book with me!), I was seen by a midwife who took my blood pressure, checked my urine sample and listened to bobble's heartbeat. She explained a bit about low platelets (basically just what I found on google) and said it won't necessarily stop me having a home birth, but if the level drops too low they might advise against it. Then more waiting... then I saw a consultant who didn't really seem to know why I was there (he obviously hadn't read my notes), and when I told him about the low platelets he just said to have another blood test and come back in 3 weeks to 'keep an eye on it'.

Doesn't sound like it's anything too serious for the moment... I'm going to keep an open mind about the home birth and wait and see what happens with my platelets nearer the time, then weigh up the pros and cons.

I've not been feeling so great these last few days. I've had horrible diarrhoea which has left me feeling really tired :sadface: Not sure what's causing it, unless it's the bloody iron tablets, I hate them! :yuk: I'm thinking of trying one of the liquid iron supplements instead.

Had another horrible dream last night that something had happened to Bobble, similar to the one I had a few weeks ago... I swear Mrs Me has some sixth sense because she woke up immediately and comforted me. She was so sweet - she took my hand and placed it on my bump and said "See? It's OK, he's still there", and then we both felt him kicking lurve

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

ICSI Apr09 BFN

Friday, May 28th 2010, 5:43pm

Hi ladies,
Very quick post to let you know that my baby boy has arrived, I have just posted in birth announcements.
Have not had time to be online but will catch up with you all as soon as I can.
Hugs
Betti

2mums

Star

Friday, May 28th 2010, 5:45pm

How exciting, congratulations :congrats:

ICSI Apr09 BFN