You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

chalmers206

Superstar

Reg: Feb 5th 2007

Children: my beatufil boy born on 22/4/10

Thursday, January 7th 2010, 5:06pm

hi all,

Took some paracetamol earlier, but still feel terrible. not going to work just staying in my pjs and going back to bed shortly.

Jess- what you like always rushing about doing sometihng, relax woman lol.

hugs to everyone else xxx
2ND ES/ICSI AUG 09 = :BFP
THOMAS JOHN (TJ) BORN 22/4/10
DEC 2012 :BFP:
ONE BEAUTIFUL [zx076] SEEN 9/1/13

Jess

Ace

Reg: Feb 18th 2009

Children: One amazing 18mth old daughter.

Thursday, January 7th 2010, 7:01pm

I just watched tv for 2 whole hours - yay!! :thumbsup: happydance thumbup

:xxx3:
Jess
Me 33 DH 33
TTC 5 years
6 IUI 07-8 All BFN
IVF#1 March 2009 BFN
IVF#2 Aug 2009 :BFP:

Ellie Jean born 12/4/10 - our amazing little daughter

Reg: Mar 9th 2009

Children: Christian

Thursday, January 7th 2010, 7:19pm

Jess loved your description of your massage, now even more jealous!!

Flic you keep on popping in here, I have a feeling that some of us will also be in denial when our time is getting closer! Congrats on been in maternity leave now, rest and enjoy your last weeks before your little one is here.

Can’t believe many of you are getting sick, please take care of yourselves and get better.Stay put and dont go out in the horrible weather you have.

Lynne nice to hear from you especially since we were cycling together!! Its great to hear how your are doing. Have not heard from Pooky.

Claire now that you mention your new years dress, I remember it it was so gorgeous! I see it exactly as you do, DH playing with our kid and me just watching and making them hot chocolate,; I am also a wimp when it comes to that.

Nothing much to report from me, I am just like many of you feeling so happy with all the movement with LO.
Betti
2nd ICSI - April 2009 BFN
3rd ICSI - Aug 2009:BFP:

Reg: Mar 9th 2009

Children: Christian

Thursday, January 7th 2010, 7:44pm

Jess good for you that you manage to stay still watching TV!!!
Betti
2nd ICSI - April 2009 BFN
3rd ICSI - Aug 2009:BFP:

Reg: Feb 17th 2009

Children: Ashley my little gift, 3 years old

Thursday, January 7th 2010, 9:36pm

Has anybody measured their bumps around? and do u do it often? only mine has measured the same for 3 weeks it hasnt grown and i thought it shud have just wondering what other ppls measurements are and if they change weekly.
Let me no.

xxxxxxxxxx
bab22

Steffani

jilly

United Kingdom

Reg: May 13th 2009

Children: One gorgeous little boy called Daniel

Friday, January 8th 2010, 12:06am

Hi Steph - I have a work friend who's also pregnant and she wanted us to measure our bumps some weeks ago so we did. Then a couple of weeks later we re-measured but mine had only changed by about 1cm and that was doubtful as depending on where I put the tape measure it changed a bit. I think the most important measurement for the midwife is the one they take coming up from pubic bone to top of uterus.

You sometimes hear of women who say they didn't even know they were pregnant & suddenly give birth and say they didn't have a bump or any clue they were pregnant. These ladies all apparently have healthy babies. Not too sure how many of these I believe....no way would I have not noticed by now! I interviewed a customer at work just before Christmas & she brought a baby in a pram to the office with her. I thought it was her grandchild & didn't give it another thought as she already has two children one in their 20's & the other about 12. However during the interview she announced the baby was hers and born a couple of weeks before. She said that coming in to see me had been the first trip out since the birth & went on to say she hadn't known she was pregnant and had worked upto 27th Nov & then woke up 28th Nov with pain in stomach. She went to GP who referred her to hospital for a scan with suspected ovarian pain & when she got there they told her she was in labour....I just sat there and acted like I believed her but she was so slim then just weeks after giving birth so I found it really difficult to believe how she couldn't have noticed a full term baby in her belly!!!

What was comical was that she's been on benefit for 20 years as a lone parent but when I questioned her a bit more all the children share the same father but she wouldn't have it that she was in a relationship with him or that he lived with them....always the same story, baby conceived from one night stand...totally amazes me how many fertile men & women there are in my local area who all hit the jackpot from one single encounter...ha..ha..

Anyhow I seem to have sidetracked a bit there. Perhaps if your worried about the lack of growth you could give your midwife a call who I am sure will know a lot more about what is normal.

Yes Betti we are cycle buddies aren't we. Me, you, Klaudia, Kelly (Aussiegirl), Pooky & Roxy all cycled around the same time I believe. Had a bit of a sentimental moment & went back to 2WW thread and read back through our posts and its amazing how far we've come from then x

Hope all you lovelies are doing ok today and am so jealous of those of you who haven't had to battle their way into work. I had Tuesday off work as was totally snowed in but I had to take it as annual leave & want to make sure I have enough leave left to enjoy it later on in my pregnancy when I will no doubt be desperate for the rest. I've been going into work yesterday & today but Hubby has driven me in my trusty little Fiesta as his flasher car can't handle the snow! Its a balancing act of making sure I don't take undue risks but at the same time keeping things going if I can. We are due more snow tonight so will have to see what the conditions are like tomorrow!!

Speak soon xx

Jess

Ace

Friday, January 8th 2010, 7:34am

Morning all,

Still snowy here but I don't think any more has fallen. I'm going to have to venture out today as it's my self-employed day so can't afford to not keep my appts, and don't have the time to re-arrange them for another day. Luckily two have cancelled so that makes it a bit easier. DH moved the car to somewhere that should be easier to get out, what a love. I'm actually quite looking forward to a bit of normal(ish) routine.

Lynne, like you I find it hard to believe that some women don't know they are pregnant, but you do hear lots of stories so I guess some may be true ?(
Sorry you've had to get to work - hope it's not too scary on the roads there. Don't risk it today if things have got worse.

Steff, I've not measured my bump at all but funny you should mention it as I was thinking yesterday that I didn't think mine had changed in a week or so - it seemed to have a growth spurt when it obviously got bigger in a short soace of time, but seems to have slowed down now. I can still feel lots of movement so am not worried. Maybe give your mw a call and see what she says. And no more snowball fights!!

Kat, hope you've had a restful night and are feeling better today.

Love to everyone else.

Jess
Me 33 DH 33
TTC 5 years
6 IUI 07-8 All BFN
IVF#1 March 2009 BFN

Vezza

Star

Reg: Oct 17th 2005

Children: Baking a little Twinkle at the moment......

Friday, January 8th 2010, 9:18am

Morning my lovelies,

Made it into work this morning through the snow but actually the roads were ok. It was jus the little walk in the car park to the door and I even parked in one of the disabled bays too as there are virtually no people in today. The security guard said i could and that he would keep an eye incase anyone asks whose car it is. Even that walking though, because I am so tense, has made my pelvis pain hurt. Still, at my desk now, radiator on and a cup of hot chocolate so not all bad.

Lynne - where do you work hunny? Sounds very like my old job. I used to joke that the 'customers' I interviewed seemed to have a better result rate that marriage guidance with the number of single people suddenly officially getting back with the other half when we come a sniffing. hmmmmmm.

Jess - Well done you, a whole 2 hrs!!! Right, set yourself a little plan increasing your target loafing time each week. I mean, sitting on your butt doing nothing is an art hun and you just can't rush into these things. It takes time and practice to be as good as me :D Oh and yes 95 invites being small. It is really as she is having 25 invites for the whole thing but that is late afternoon so no sit down meal or anything but just a gathering at the registery office. Then the rest are for a big ol' party at the local sports club so in the scheme of weddings I think it is quite small. Certainly when you look at the cost compared to the traditional wedding breakfast option. Got about half done yesterday so well on my way.

Flic - oh sweet you are funny. I am still pinning my hopes on having a read hard think and then the door bell going and the stork being at the door with a baby. I don't think this is unreasonable. Maybe we could get that deal on a BOGOF for you too?

Steff - You big kid! Snowball fights....nice to hear of you a DH spending some fun time together though :happy:

Betti - you sound so wonderfully contented. Isn't it wonderful to be happy. You enjoy it hun.

Kat - how you feeling? Hope you managed to get some R&R in last night and did not work. I was amazed to read that someone on my facebook was proper getting grumpy because the pizza place was not delivering. It was crappy out there yesterday!

As for me - I really enjoyed my inpromtu afternoon off with DH - wink wink :O and he managed to feel a good proper hard kick yesterday too when I was asleep. Bless him, he thought it would be a good idea to wake me up and tell me. Tutt - boys! Boobies still leak if I squeeze them - I know, don't squeeze them, but I have got it in my head now. I know it is all natural but it just took me by surprise. Twinkle seems to be on a spin cycle this morning though with is always a joy :snigger:

Love to all

x

5 August got a natural out of the blue:BFP: after 7 years of trying!!! How the heck did THAT happen - oh yeah by losing weight :D

Dreams really can come true.......

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Friday, January 8th 2010, 12:04pm

Hello hello!!

Steff - I thought my bump had stopped growing but I woke up yesterday and though 'Bloody hell, thats grown!!!' so maybe your LO is saving energy for a growth spurt. Get the M/W to measure you top to bottom. I'm there this afternoon so will find out what I'm measuring!!

Thanks Betti - I will keep popping in! Its scary to think that an actual baby will be coming out of me. Its just not natural (even though it is but you know what I mean!!)

Vezza - Yes, I would like the stork please. I certainly don't think its unreasonable.

AFM - I am now well into 3rd Tri. There is no denying it. I'll be 32 weeks tomorrow. That means that technically I could have a baby in 5 weeks time onwards. I am soooooooooooo not ready to have a baby!!! Maybe I should have thought this through more. Even though we ttc for a long time I never actually thought about the outcome of getting pg!! I mean, me....being responsible for a baby...letting me look after it and TAKE IT HOME!!!! Surely the medical people are not that daft!!!

I had monitoring today too and this time I felt 2 (yes a whole 2) movements!! The first was LO shifting its bum across my tummy and then the second was shoving it into my ribs. LO has not shifted position for a couple of weeks now, still head down and up the left side!! Its strange actually feeling baby bum with my hand though!!

Sending big :hugs: to everyone.

chalmers206

Superstar

Friday, January 8th 2010, 12:27pm

Hi all,

Slept most of last night then had a nice relaxing bath, never got up till 11am today. I am feeling a bit better, just tired.

Think i will have to go to work tonight as its always busy at the weekend. Dh will be doing the driving though.

Glad you are all doing well, hugs to everyone and their bumps xxx

Vezza

Star

Friday, January 8th 2010, 12:31pm

Flic - hurrah!!!! 2 movements. Well done LO now stop being so grumpy and give your mummy a break from stressing! :cuddle Totally get what you said though. We spent 7 years TTC and still now I think of myself as the person who can't get pregnant. Derrrrrr! I have kinda got it into my head that I am pregnant but not that I am going to have a baby. That one is going to be a shocker!

That is the reason for why I wanted to know the flavour as I thought it would help the images to get into my head and make it more real but no. Still all far too sureal to believe. I think it is because this came out of the blue without any treatment or anything that I still think it is one big joke at my expense. Worrying huh! I said this to a person at work and she looked so alarmed and I swear she was reaching for the phone to get hold of social services :snigger: I am of course totally over the moon and feel wonderfully blessed but it is just so hard to believe that I can be that lucky.

Labour day will be a bit of a surprise though huh. Maybe then I will think that it is all real and not a dream.......oh yeah I remember I am not having a labour. I mean when the door bell goes and the stork arrives :snigger:

Kat - pleased you are feeling a little better but please don't push yourself. All your energy and mending power will be going to bubs so you might feel poorly quickly if you try and mend to quick. Just me fussing......

x

5 August got a natural out of the blue:BFP: after 7 years of trying!!! How the heck did THAT happen - oh yeah by losing weight :D

Germany

Reg: Nov 12th 2007

Children: Twin boys born April '10 thanks to ICSI

Friday, January 8th 2010, 12:47pm

:hi: everyone

Vezza, leaky boobs are fun aren't they? :snigger: . Mine leak so much that after it went through bra, vest and T-shirt I bought some pads to put in my bra. They're really big bulky things though, designed for when you're actually breastfeeding so I'd quite like to find some smaller ones.

Kat, glad you're feeling a bit better today :poorly: . We'll be one of those annoying people dragging the delivery people out tonight, although there is less snow here than in the UK.

Klaudia, didn't know that you're not married. Your little one can be bridesmaid or page boy, how cute :smile: .

Jess, you must be nesting or something with all that activity! I don't reckon I'll get a nesting instinct, I'm pretty undomesticated!

Betti, lovely to hear you're feeling happy, I am too!

Flic, almost 32 weeks, you're right, that is scarily close. I know what you mean about ttc, then it's like 'me? be allowed to look after a baby?' :thud:

AFM, HR confirmed the amount of holiday I have today. Official maternity leave is from 6 weeks before, until 12 weeks (for twins) after the due date, and holiday is accrued during that time, which means that I have 14.5 days hol this year. I'm sticking 12 days in front of my maternity leave as I really want to be fairly sure that I have some time to relax before they arrive. Anyway..... my last working day will be 5th March :weehee:, which means I have only 8 weeks left to work biggrin2 .

4x IUI
Mar 08 IVF BFN
Jun 08 ICSI BFN
Sep 08 ICSI BFN
Oct 08 FET BFN
Apr 09 ICSI brief BFP
Aug 09 ICSI :BFP:

Me 40, DH 38

Our dream came true,

Lukas and Finn were born 13/04/10 at 36w6d biggrin2
My diary

Reg: Jul 17th 2009

Children: William - born 16.05.2010 :)

Friday, January 8th 2010, 1:00pm

Hi ladies xx

Steff- I did measured up my bump :) - its 91 cm and it didnt change in last 3 weeks even thought Im getting much bigger!! How did that work out!

Flic- you will be great mum! Dont panic- ps its not 5 weeks - I recon you can have a baby any time from now ;P

Not getting personal now as it been so many posts from yesterday.

I still have an cold and my plans for weekend are to stay in bed and do nothing. Have to go out today for dinnet with my SIL as they going back to Dubai tomorrow and will not see them untill June- getting bit emotional as she really want to see my baby asap - thanks god for webbcam :)

I hope the bloody snow will stop next week- Easy jet is cancelling all the flights now and Im flying to Egypt next saturday!! PLEASE PLEASE SUN - COME OUT!!

ClaireA- we are engaged for over a year and we was going to get married next year- but I got pregnant and we move the wedding untill 2011 (im with my DP for over 5 yrs)

I didnt know they count the 6 weeks matternity from the due date... I thought it is from whatever you have to leave before hmmm
Klaudia
IVF 2009- :BFP: my DS born may 2010 lurve
IVF 2013- :BFP: DD born 29.12.2013
Good luck everyone :xxx3:

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "inik29" (Jan 8th 2010, 1:02pm)

Germany

Friday, January 8th 2010, 1:07pm

Klaudia, those maternity leave rules are for Germany, I forget to mention that, when I talk about that type of thing. xfingers your flight is ok next week!

Steff, sorry, I meant to say hi in my last post! I just measured my bump and it was only 1" bigger than it was weeks ago, but I can see in the mirror that it's grown loads. I reckon it depends how your bump is sitting, as that changes.

4x IUI
Mar 08 IVF BFN
Jun 08 ICSI BFN
Sep 08 ICSI BFN
Oct 08 FET BFN
Apr 09 ICSI brief BFP

Me 40, DH 38

Our dream came true,

My diary

buzz

Ace

Reg: Aug 27th 2008

Friday, January 8th 2010, 1:41pm

Hi Ladies,

I haven't been on FZ for a while. I loved reading your posts and catching up with how you all are.

Has anyone had achey legs in bed? I'm using a pillow between my legs but it doesn't seem to help. It feels like it's coming from my hips and travelling down my legs. I really hate sleepless nights. I love my bed! :yes:

me 37 dp 39
08-IVF 1 - bfn
2009-IVF 2 :BFP:
2011- natural :BFP:

Friday, January 8th 2010, 2:06pm

Hi buzz that sounds like sciatica! have a read about it on google.

Klaudia my bump in 97cm or 38 inches and im nearing 30 weeks just seems a bit small to me! im sure its fine tho

Ive been getting pains today, so had to leave work early, im alright now tho.

Flic so pleased u felt movements.

Vezza i still dont seem to realise im going to have a baby and a child for the rest of my life, i only thought about getting pregnant not actually having a baby.

Hello claire and everyone else ive not mentioned.

xxxxxxx
bab22

Steffani

jilly

Jess

Ace

Friday, January 8th 2010, 2:56pm

Hello again. It's been a busy morning on here again!

Flic, I'm with you and the others in not actually ever daring to think about being pregnant and having a baby so it is rather a big (ok, MASSIVE) thing to get used to! We will all do it though, and we'll all be brill. It won't always be easy, but as we've wanted this for so long, we will take the trials and tribulations and deal with them and focus more on the amazing joy.

Steff, sorry you've had some pains but glad you left work and are feeling better now.

Hi Buzz, a pregnant woman at a class I go to said she had awful achey and restless legs at night and was found to be a bit anaemic so, if you haven't been tested yet maybe ask your m/w. This woman said as soon as she started taking iron supplements her legs were fine and she could sleep again!

Klaudia, enjoy your meal tonight and have a realxing weekend snuggled up. You will make it to Egypt, you will.

Claire, how exciting, only 8 weeks to go, and really only the rest of January, and February then you're done - sounds even less to me like that!

Kat, you listen to Vezza now, and keep resting up. I'm going to take her advice and work on my lazing skills!!

And Vezza, so glad you had a good afternoon with DH - oooo oo oo!!

AFM, I made it to the clinic in the car and safely home again. Unfortunately I have to go back for a couple of hours later but, as long as it doesn't snow again I should be ok.

Hope you are all staying cosy.

Jess
Me 33 DH 33
TTC 5 years
6 IUI 07-8 All BFN
IVF#1 March 2009 BFN

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Friday, January 8th 2010, 5:01pm

Hello,

Vezza - That is exactly it. I still see myself as the one who can't get pg and who is broken, and even though you know you are actually pregnant its difficult to take in.

Claire - So pleased you've got your maternity sorted!! You finish the day before I'm due!!

Klaudia - I hope your flight is ok. Hopefully it will be a bit better next week. Where are you flying from? Hopefully I won't have the baby yet as it is just too early. LO would need lots of special care. If I get to 37 weeks baby is classed as term so that's what I'm aiming for.

Steff - OMG, we're going to have children for life!! Not just babies! This never occured to me!!

Jess - I tell you what, I'm pleased that they have a parenting section on FZ!!

AFM - I have managed to convice DH to come play in the snow. He proceeded to throw snowballs at me and then we made a snowman!! Then decided it was too cold so have come back inside for a brew!! I'm shattered now. Its snowing pretty bad here at the moment too!!

Friday, January 8th 2010, 7:14pm

Yay Flic u played in the snow too. good isnt it, makes u feel like ur being fun again instead of sloathing around the house in pjs.

I went to go to my first antinatal class today drove all the way up there and was excited cos DH was coming too and they were shut, how rude, must have been because of the snow.

i just woke up, i fell asleep without realising i was and woke up to a duvet over me and a hot water bottle, how sweet!

xxx
bab22

Steffani

jilly

United Kingdom

Friday, January 8th 2010, 8:35pm

Hello

Hope all you ladies suffering with colds are soon going to get better soon x

Buzz, welcome back x

Vezza - I work for benefit fraud at the council so I'm sure if you did the same job as me then you will have been fed all the same stories...oops I mean lies..ha..ha. We always say we should set up in private practice as marriage guidance counsellors because its amazing how many other halves move back into the family home within a day of our visits but the customer is adamant they weren't there the day before!! I know you do lots of training but what type of company do you work for?

Klaudia...I too just presumed you were married...oh & that you were a brunette (I saw your bump piccie on your diary the other day)...its quite funny how you form a picture of your virtual friends & they never look like you thought!

Chalmers - look after yourself tonight if you are working in this terrible weather & not running at 100%.

Hoping everyone else who I have failed to mention personally is doing ok & looking after yourselves & bumps x

AFM...I have sent my MAT B1 & maternity application form into work today...a bit early I know but the midwife gave it to me last week & I've felt very responsible for its safe keeping since so decided to send it in. If everything goes according to plan, I intend to start my mat leave on Mon 26/04/09 but will be adding annual leave to the beginning so will actually finish work, Friday 09/04/09. It works out at 13 weeks from today but I'm on annual leave for one week in February so its only 12 weeks of actual attendance...yeah!! I've hardly used any annual leave this year so I'm also using some of my leave by doing 4 day weeks between now & when I finish so thats a great feeling too!!

This evening my stomach has gone really hard on the right side & when you feel it, its as though the baby is all huddled up there, there's a clear firm bump there on the right but nothing on the left...it feels as though my insides have upped sticks and moved across to all one side of my body!

Hubby is just dishing up a lovely curry for our tea so I'm heading off now & want to wish everyone a great weekend xx

JVA

Ace

Reg: Jun 14th 2009

Children: Gorgeous little boy Henry

Saturday, January 9th 2010, 10:35am

Hi All :hello:

Just thought I would pop on and say hi.

It has been so busy on here, hard to keep up with so many posts :D

Not going to do personals, as I need to get showered, dressed and try and get on with a few things today! So hello to everybody, those with :poorly: hope you get better soon, those with achy legs hope you get a good night sleep soon and are up and happydance soon and hi to all those with babies that are partee in their mummys tummys :snigger:

We have had another downfall of snow here last night to add to the foot and a half we already have. I have been stuck indoors since Tues and am fed up now. Been working from home on my laptop but only have limited access to my emails so there is only so much I can do. My colleagues have made it into the office, one walks and the other comes from a different direction, further away than me but it is like a different world where we live, as we are high up. I sent work some pics so they can see I am not bunking off! Last time it snowed I walked for 1hr 15mins to get to the office but it was dangerous and I am not going to chance it now I am pregnant, plus don't think I could even walk that long anyway. We are due more snow tomorrow and Monday so doubt I am going to get in Monday. My boss is not understanding at all so when he finds out I am not in but the others are, he will probably be p***d off with me. :cross: He works in London and I work in our Brighton office. My DH said that it is tough and too dangerous for me to be out walking.

Well this morning I felt loads of fluttering movements in my tummy when laying on my left side, so I guess that was Baby A having a little dance inside :snigger: It is so lovely, you just do not want to move in case it stops.

My boss wants to see me next week to discuss my plans and how long I am going to be off etc. Does your holiday entitlement get added to your maternity leave? Not quite sure how it all works yet but I need to look into it. Also my maternity entitlement at work is 90% of salary for 6 wks then statutory pay. Am I right in saying the statutory pay is for 26wks and does this start after the 6 wks pay from my work? Do you know what the statutory pay is at the moment? After this period am I right in saying you do not get any pay from the government, so the rest of your year entitlement off work is unpaid? Sorry for the Q's but I guess you have all looked into this and are in the know by now as you are much further along than me. Grateful for your advice :D

Need to start having a bit of a sort out at home to get the spare room in order ready for our nursery. How soon did you all start buying bits? Did you all wait for your 20wk scans first?

Funny reading all of your posts about realising you are actually pregnant. One in particular made me giggle where you said that you had thought so much about getting pregnant and not beyond and it still is not sinking in. Well that is exactly how I feel and it only really seems real whenever I have a scan :snigger: You would think it would seem much more real seeing as I have had awful nausea and sickness since wk 6!

Well hope you all have a lovely day whatever you are doing and those of you in the snow, be careful blowkiss
Jessica

Saturday, January 9th 2010, 10:39am

Hello ladies.

Steff- bless - how nice of your DH- they can do some things right if the try ;)

Lynne- thats so true! I think you have long black curly hair- am I rigth ? :happy:

When is your due date? I know we are around same time (mine is 10th may) - I still dont know when I can start my maternity. I will use my annual leave as well and Im thinking that I would leave on the 6th or 12th april. Probably on 6th - that just after Easter so my last day would be the 1st- Easter bank holiday is on 2nd and 5th so it come out perfect for us ;)

Flic - I was only joking- Im sure your baby will wait untill is the right time xx

JVA- Im not sure but I think the statutory pay is £100 a week for 6 months after the 6 weeks paid by your work.
I keep thinking and looking at nursery stuff but didnt buy nothing yet- only few clothes - but will start to decorate the nursery after our holiday next week.

have a lovelly weekend ladies! Im going to spend it in bed as my cold is getting worse ;(

Lots of love x
Klaudia

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "inik29" (Jan 9th 2010, 10:40am)

Saturday, January 9th 2010, 11:09am

Morning,

jess ur boss can moan all he wants, dont put u and little one in danger of walking all that way in the snow just to please him.

my health in pregnancy grant came throo yesterday.... what to spend it on?? any suggestions?

got to go food shopping now and i cant be bothered, i wanna have a duvet day on the sofa. (thats where i am right now haha) it s where i wanna stay.

hope ur all well and feeling lots of kicks.

xxxxx
bab22

Steffani

jilly

Jess

Ace

Saturday, January 9th 2010, 12:35pm

Crikey - how :winter: is it today!? We've had more snow overnight too and it's just settled on the thick ice and we can't get the car out. We were supposed to be driving over to get my mum and take her to the chiropractor as she hurt her back on Tuesday and has hardly been able to move since. We got in the car earlier, got down the road a bit, tried to get up the hill, slid, turned round and tried to go down hill, slid sideways, and had to just leave the car on the side of the road there. It was really hairy scarey. So poor old mum is still by herself and having to ice her back every 20 mins! I'm glad though that we didn't get out of here, get half way there and get stuck. At least we're all at home safe, I just feel bad Mum's stuck alone. Oh well, we tried.

Jess, I agree with the others, stuff your stupid boss pressuring you to go in. Please don't try it if it's still bad next week. I know it's hard, cos you don't want to be looking like you're bunking off, esp when you're having to think about maternity leave etc, but it's really not worth the risk. Re mat pay, I think after your 6 weeks of 90% pay you should get 33 weeks of stat mat pay which at the moment is £123 pw, but will go up a little in April. This does depend on how long you've been employed at your place but I think the above stands you've been there at least 6 months.

Steff, you in Bristol? Is there much snow there? DH and I just walked to the shop to get some food in and it was rammed with people stocking up / panicking. Unless you really have no food, I'd stay under the duvet if I were you. As for that grant, how about a new handbag :snigger:

Lynne, the end is in sight for your maternity leave - yay! It's great when you have all the dates worked out isn't it? How was your curry last night? We had curry too and it was delish.

Flic, hope you had fun in the snow. Be careful though hun.

We're sitting by the fire with a nice :coffee: at the mo. Think my tv watching practice might be a bit easier today - that'll make Vezza happy!

Jess
Me 33 DH 33
TTC 5 years
6 IUI 07-8 All BFN
IVF#1 March 2009 BFN

chalmers206

Superstar

Saturday, January 9th 2010, 1:02pm

hi all,

Glad you are all doing well, dh and i are just going out shopping soon for food, then we are working tonight again.

It was not bad last night, quite quiet but the roads are a nightmare, so dh just took his time.

We have the 4d scan tomorrow really looking forward to that, i wonder who our wee baba will look like. My mum and step dad are coming too so that will be fun.

Anyway better go you all have a good day xx

Vezza

Star

Saturday, January 9th 2010, 1:42pm

Afternoon all,

Jess - well done hun and indeed I am proud of you. TV watching is an art and I am pleased to see that you are practicing! I know you must feel bad for you mummy but if you can't get there you can't get there. And, think how bad she would feel if you tried and hurt yourself.

Kat - ohhhh 4D scan! wow, enjoy. we were going to book one but decided to be all sensible (aka boring) and save the money for a family portrait once the bubs is here. Don't see why I couldn't do both but hey I can't moan since I got my fancy pants changing bag I guess. You enjoy though and we want to see pictures! I bet they will be amazing.......

Lynne - very much like me old job. HMRC Tax Credit Fraud so yup loving the stories that I used to get told. Still working with TC but not operational now so at least I don't need to go to some very undesirable houses now. Miss the interviews though - nothing beats the thrill of the chase!

JVA - wonderful that you felt bubs moving and yup, you want to stay as still as possible don't you and just relish in the moment. I was getting worried this morning as I had not felt Twinkle since yesterday afternoon and I set myself a time of 12:30 by which if i had not felt anything then I was ringing the hospital. Got to just before then and she left out a whopper! Proper big boot! hmmm think I have a little pickle on my hands you know :snigger: About the mat leave etc it does depend on how long you have been working for your company and I would recommend that you visit www.directgov.co.uk (not FZ endorsed) to find out all the rules and regs. Better to go in armed with info but yes your holiday entitlement continues to ecrue while you are off and you can chose to add it to the end of your mat leave. What you can't do though is go from full pay mat leave to full pay holiday and then to Stat Mat pay. You need to claim your mat leave first and then your annual leave. ie full pay mat leave, stat mat leave and the holiday pay which is a pain as your money goes down before it goes up again but hey ho. Oh and also, bugger them if they think you are bunking off. check out whether your company says that you need a special health and safety assessment done. Mine does and I put on it that I will not be walking in the snow due to H&S reasons. Even if it doesn't then quite frankly under H&S they would be shafted to argue that you should walk for 1 1/2 hours into work in this weather especially as the police and councils etc are telling you to stay in!

Steff - I fully endorse the bag option for the health in pregnacy grant money! And you have done well to get that through as I know we are well behind and Washington (where they process the payments) have been hit bad with the weather too so not many staff in.

Klaudia - hope you are tucked up in bed with your weird magical garlicy potion to make you better.

As for me - well I have spent all morning on my butt on the sofa shopping on the t'internet. As i mentioned Twinkle was not playing so wanted to sit still and check things out. Outcome is though that she is just playing games with me and I have just ordered £270 worth of clothes!!!! Argghhhh - going to have to hide that bank statment. Got some more mat trousers though as mine are getting too small and some tops that should work well for April time when hopefully the weather is getting better and I could be either overdue or just after birth and breast feeding. Oh and some new boots and pants. Opps!

Dh has just been sent home from work as all roads in an out of Dover are getting bad so I guess the shopping stops but I will get him to help out with the invites or maybe I will pester him to get the new carpet cleaner out the box and investigate how that works. We are going to try and clean the carpets including the one in the nursery so fingers crossed we won't need to buy a new one - if we can ever get it out the box that is!!!!!

Enjoy a lazy day everyone!

x

Jess

Ace

Saturday, January 9th 2010, 5:25pm

I just sat on the sofa for 3 whole hours :thumbsup: Watched the persuit of happyness, and a thing about not the nine o clock news - I reckon I could get into this lazing lark .......

And it's snowing again here :rolleyes:

Jess
Me 33 DH 33
TTC 5 years
6 IUI 07-8 All BFN
IVF#1 March 2009 BFN

Saturday, January 9th 2010, 5:40pm

Vezza i sent the forms off nearly 5 weeks ago and it says it will be withen 3o days so it has been a little later but yeah i was expecting a delay. but lucky me its in my bank.
and OMG uve spent lots u naughty girl, do u feel guilty now? haha never mind u deserve a treat its hard being pregnant.

Kat good luck with ur 4D scan

Jess, yes i am in Bristol, it snowed really heavy a couple of days ago and it hasnt gone its still all settled not going anywhere, it keeps trying to snow again but rly light little flakes and doesnt come to anything, it was so cold about 2 nights ago the handbrake froze on on the car and it just would not come off and there was ice on the inside of the windscreen, and i had a bottle of water in the centre consol and it had frozen to a solid bloke of ice rock hard, i couldnt believe it. Ive heard theres more snow on its way aswel.
we went to 1 shop for our fruit and veg and went to go to asda for the rest and it was so busy in there we came back home so now i am snuggled in the duvet on the sofa again but weve still got to go up there tonight beacuse weve got nothing for tea and the cats are going to starve.
I hope your mums ok? is she a bit frustrated that u cant get to her? it is better that ur at home tho, would not be good to be stuck out in the cold half way there not going anywhere.

my skin is so itchy at the moment its stressing me out!!!

xxx
bab22

Steffani

jilly

Jess

Ace

Saturday, January 9th 2010, 7:06pm

I just sat on the sofa for 3 whole hours :thumbsup: Watched the persuit of happyness, and a thing about not the nine o clock news - then I had a bath - OMG I reckon I could get into this lazing lark .......

And it's snowing again here :rolleyes:

Steff, I'm glad you' were back in the warm but it's pants you have to go out again.

Right, we've had dinner and I'm off back to the TV!!

Jess
Me 33 DH 33
TTC 5 years
6 IUI 07-8 All BFN
IVF#1 March 2009 BFN

JVA

Ace

Reg: Jun 14th 2009

Children: Gorgeous little boy Henry

Saturday, January 9th 2010, 7:32pm

Hi :D

Thanks for the advice on the maternity pay and the 'stuff your boss' :snigger: I agree and am certainly not going to take any chances so will stay safely tucked indoors Monday if it is still too bad, which is looking very likely!

DH and I went for a walk round the block earlier which was great to get some fresh air. I could not believe how bad the area was though. I have seen how bad it is outside our windows but not the big picture of the surrounding roads etc. We had some fresh snow fall so it was safer for me to walk about. Bitterly cold mind. We have 10-15cm due overnight :blizzard:

This may sound like a silly Q but on the statutory maternity pay of £123 per week, is that what you bring home i.e. there will not be any deductions for tax etc from this? It was not that clear on the gov website. I emailed my HR lady but she is off til 26th January and I have my meeting with my boss next week!

Jess - Well done you on the tv watching, making us all feel much better now! Not good getting stuck with the car, your mum shoudl understand though eh. Better for you to be safe at the moment. Hopefully this snow will ease up and we can all get back to some normality soon.

Kat - Enjoy the scan, look forward to hearing all about it. They do look amazing from what I have seen and heard.

Vezza - Sounds like Twinkle is really playing games with you bab19 Good on you for the shopping! Sounds like you had a great spend up. I bought some boots last week too £99! They were reduced from £130 and I have so many problems finding boots to fit me properly so DH encouraged me to buy them. He is very good actually, always encourages me to buy stuff :thumbsup:

Steff - I would go with the bag too - I love bags, they are my shopping weakness :snigger:

Inik - Hope your cold gets better soon.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you are keeping warm.
Jessica

United Kingdom

Saturday, January 9th 2010, 10:43pm

Hi All

Hope you are all still ok and taking the time to rest up with the weather being so bad...or good if you love the snow. I love looking at it and skiing in it but hate having to do the day to day living when its so slippery...wish it would go away now so things can go back to normal. We woke upto the snow on Tuesday and were completely snowed in, since then it hasn't gone anywhere, just kept increasing really & has now got really icy patches on the roads.

Klaudia...I had a laugh when you said you pictured me with long black curly hair...its quite short, blonde and straight...ha...ha! I am due on 13/05/2010 so only a few days different to you. My consultant at the hospital wanted me to finish work at Easter too but we compromised and agreed the week of the 12th as I wanted to finish as close to baby coming as I could but not work so long I was too tired. As I'm taking the 2 weeks annual leave before my maternity leave it means if baby were to come on time I will only be 2 weeks into maternity leave by the time he arrives...its a big if whether he will come on time though!! When do you go on holiday?

JVA - So long as you've worked for your employer for 26 weeks by the 15th week before you are due & you earn at least £95pw you are entitled to 39 weeks paid maternity leave. 6 weeks at 90% & 33 weeks at £123.06 (or 90% of average weekly wage if you earn less than £123.06). I don't think the £123.06 is taxed but could be wrong. I know that if your employer pays you any extra maternity pay above the £123.06 then this is taxable. Although you are only paid for 39 weeks in total, you can actually have upto 52 weeks off but the last 13 weeks will be unpaid. I am going to have about 4 weeks unpaid after my SMP ends and am then start taking my annual leave. It means I won't quite be off for the 52 weeks I'm entitled to but it will only be a few weeks short & almost all of it will contain some sort of pay albeit not what I'm used to earning.

You accrue annual leave whilst you are on maternity leave. You can take this either immediately before or after your maternity leave if you want to. What you need to bear in mind though is that you normally need to take the annual leave in the leave year its accrued. i.e. if your leave year runs from April to March and you go on maternity leave in June, you can take your annual leave before you start mat leave or you can take it any time after your mat leave but it must be taken before end of March (unless your employer lets you carry it forward into the following leave year & mine doesn't). My friend at work is starting her maternity leave in June and because she is having the whole 52 weeks off she won't be back until June 2011. Our employer has said that she needs to take her annual leave before 31/03/2011 or lose it so she is taking all her years leave in one go through May & beginning of June before she starts Mat leave...gosh there are so many rules you need a degree to remember them !!!

Vezza - You did almost the same job then...You couldn't give me and my colleagues some training could you!! We got training on TC when they came out years ago & since then we have just had to try to keep ourselves abreast of changes....its so complicated & at times (like most benefits) arse about face that we don't get it half the time! We can't investigate tax credits but can look into DWP benefits but if we prove someone is committing fraud & we know they are receiving tax credits which they are cheating, we have no way of reporting it to Inland Revenue....we ring the helpline but the staff answering the calls tell us that unless the customer calls to report the information themselves there's nothing they can do...so frustrating as the customer isn't likely to ring Inland Revenue and tell them they are/have been caught commiting fraud!! It means we correct our claims but Tax Credits will carry on incorrectly....in this day & age you would think one government department could pick up the phone and let another one know whats going on!! We have no telephone numbers for the Fraud Officers at Inland Revenue & no-one will give them out....thats bureaucacy for you! Anyway that's enough ranting about work, this sites supposed to be about bumps, babies & mummies & daddies...ha...ha

Jess - the curry was delicious....always tastes so much better when you've not cooked yourself...Felt good to sort my maternity leave out but in another way I didn't want to jinx myself by making firm plans for babies arrival when I'm only at 22 weeks...bit pessimistic I know but I feel quite supersticious at the moment.

Steff have you got that itching checked out...its usually nothing serious but if its severe then your midwife should know.

We have had our neighbour in today sorting a new radiator out for the nursery as the decorator is coming to decorate it late next week...so exciting! Feels a little bit early but he is fully booked for February and away for last 2 weeks of Jan & I didn't want to have to wait until March....we have gone for plain cream wallpaper for the walls but the jungle chums border & accessories from Babies R Us, so hopefully it will be really cute....although they've told us its a boy we thought we'd play it safe and stick with a neutral theme.

Hope everyone else is ok xx

This has turned into another mammoth essay so I will head off now and give your brains a rest xx

Bry

Star

Reg: Mar 25th 2009

Children: Twins born in may 2010!

Sunday, January 10th 2010, 10:30am

Morning everyone :blowkiss:

Hope you are all snug and warm inside and keeping well. :happy:

I have been off school (I'm a teacher) since wednesday and think it's likely to be another snow day tomorrow too! Actually getting a bit bored now! :snigger: Started feeling movements of friday ad had loads of fluttering but nothing since so of course now I am worrying...

We went to buy the buggy yesterday as we had voucher to use up. Got it home and it's broken! Typical we will have to go back and oredr another one as that was the only one left! (also was the only one that fitted in my boot and am now thinking I may have to trade in my beloved audi a3)...

Lynne, the nursery sounds lovely! :D

JVA glad to hear you are not taking any chances, good fgor you!

Jess, sounds like you are getting into the tv thing!:snigger:

Steff, hope you're not too itchy still?

Vezza, glad twinkle finally gave you some kicks! She sounds like a pickle already!

Kat, can't wait to see your scan piccies! :D

Klaudia, hope your cold is getting better?

Claire, 8 weeks left. Wee hee!!! :D

Flic, glad you have been feeling more movement and are being monitored so closely.

Hi Buzz, hope you managed to sleep better last night?

Hi to anyone I have missed!

My Diary - Bry and the Flumps!

1st IVF March 09 :BFP: mm/c at 9 weeks :bawl:
2nd IVF Oct 09 :BFP: [zx076] [zx076]

Vezza

Star

Sunday, January 10th 2010, 11:26am

Morning (just about) all,

Didn't snow as much as they predicted last night so DH has gone into work and I think that I will prob be ok for Monday - shame really as I could get those invites finshed :snigger: It has actually started to rain here so either the snow will disappear or it will get really cold and go to an skating rink......

Lynne - I know daft isn't it. Leave it with me and I get you a number. I know there is one but just don't know what it is. We were thinking of he jungle chums too but not sure......so many choices!

JVA - don't take my word for it but I thought that SMP is a taxable income if your annual income for the year that you receive it in is over your personal allowance. Not 100% but I assumed that it was . I will check it out when back at work.

Bry - Boooo hisssss to the broken pram. Don't go trading in the car just yet, you never know hopefully they can get you a new one.

Jess - I am sooooo proud of you. you go girl with your vegging in front of the telly x

Kat - enjoy the scan hun and eager to hear about all the details

Klaudia - hope you are beginning to feel better hun

love to everyone else too xxxx

As for me - I have still not felt any further movements from the mammouth one yesterday but I think that she has moved as my tummy feels different. Not sure whether to be worried or not and especially since I know the hospital is busy at the moment due to the weather I don't want to waste anyones time but on the other hand some reassurance would be nice. MIL's friend is a nidwife so maybe I will give her a ring just to sound her out about what she thinks I should do. Just eaten some marshmallows and had some fizzy pop to try and get her excited. Proper little pickle! going to crack on with these invites then since it is looking like I will need to go into work tomorrow. :sadface:

x

Sunday, January 10th 2010, 2:31pm

Vezza my little peanut wasnt moving for 3 days and i went to get checked an they put me on a tracking machine and they said the baby was still moving loads in there i just couldnt feel it because he had moved to a different position, so im thinking that may be why ur not feeling anything!

Bry nice to hear uv started feeling movements, wont be long b4 u start getting hard kicks, its a strange but amazing feeling

Lynne were going for cream too in our nursery, but ur lucky ur allowed a border dh wont let me he said hes not keen on them, so ur nursery will look better than mine im jelous, lol

Jess u having fun with the lazing? or is it starting to bug u now? it always frustrates me.

JVA did u get that much snow last night? our snow is very slowly dissapearing but most of it still there.

AFM i did see the doctor about my itching last week and she took a blood test in case it was a liver disorder but it was fine, so im now wondering if its down to all the creams and oils im using on my skin, so im just sticking to the one the doctor gave me now. blood test came back that i was aneamic and im on iron tablets, which i have found yesterday i had more energy but feeling a bit light headed today so might have a little nap and i should feel myself again.
DH is panicking and very very grumpy because his boss hasnt got any work for him and hes concerned he wont have any for a while and he had a look about for a new job and theres not too much about so hes very moody. fun for me.

xxx
bab22

Steffani

jilly

Sunday, January 10th 2010, 2:32pm

OHHHH!!!!! and Happy 30 weeks to me!! omg how scary.
bab22

Steffani

jilly

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Sunday, January 10th 2010, 2:46pm

Hello!!

Steff - HAPPY 30 WEEKS!!!! happydance

Vezza - give them a call and get checked out. All they do is hook you up to a machine and monitor baby's hb and see if your having contractions and stuff. It will also tell you whether LO is moving and you just can't feel it. At the end of the day you pay your tax!!

Bry - Ooooh, movements!! Thats brilliant!! Hospital are looking after me which is good. Not felt any movement now for a couple of days but they've said that LO is ok so thats all that matters.

Everyone else - :hugs:

Jess

Ace

Sunday, January 10th 2010, 5:57pm

Hi All,

Jess, I hope it's clearing a bit near you as there doesn't seem to have been any more snow today. Maybe we will both get to work tomorrow ?

Lynne, I hope you'll soon be free from the snow and ice too! Your nursery sounds fab - it's so exciting planning and getting it all sorted isn't it?

Bry, what a shame about your buggy and how annoying. I hope they can get you another one so the lovely car doesn't have to be sacrificed. I'm sure you'll start to feel more movements. I know when I felt the first little ones they weren't very often then all of a sudden they were much more frequent.

Vezza, it's probably an idea to call your MIL's friend, as she can either reassure you or suggest what you might do. It is likely just to be cos the little one has moved to be more snuggled in so you can't feel the movements as you could before.

Steff, glad the tests showed the itching was nothing nasty. Good to hear you've more enegry from the iron tablets too. Not sure if light headedness is a common side effect from taking them but if you get it again I'd let your midwife know so she can advise. It may also be due to low blood pressure, so might want that checking again just in case. Sorry you're DH is grumpy, it must be a worry about work though. Hope you can give him some love and reassurance and not get too stressed about it yourself. And congrats at being 30 weeks - wow, properly nearly there!

Hi Flic, hope all's good with you and you're feeling more at home on the third tri board?

Love to everyone else too.

I'm afraid I've had no time to maintain my vegging form today. DH managed to move the car so we've been at mum's all day. She's pretty much stuck in bed with the pain. She got up to eat a sarnie for lunch but had to get straight back to lying down after about 10mins as it was too painful. We got her some shopping and electricity and hope, if no more snow comes, to pick her up tomorrow night, bring her back to ours and I can take her to the chiropractor and docs on Tuesday. So, am really hoping for no more snow. Esp as I could really do with getting to work tomorrow to clear some things I should have done last week.

My wonderful lovely DH is just cooking roast chicken for dinner, and it smells yum!

xx
Jess
Me 33 DH 33
TTC 5 years
6 IUI 07-8 All BFN
IVF#1 March 2009 BFN

Sunday, January 10th 2010, 8:50pm

Wow Jess, DH cooking chicken roast, my DH can only manage to throw together spaghetti hoops on toast, lol

I made a stew today so we had that for our tea with dumplins..yum i love dumplins.
ive got a bit more energy now. Im all excited i just bid on something on ebay and i was expecting to pay about 150 for it and i got it for 68 pounds, ive been bidding on things for weeks and im never any good ppl always outbid me in the last few seconds but not this time so i had a little victory dance!

Did anybody else have to take the Buserelin nasal spray when they were having their ivf? because i had to and my nose has never been the same since ive had a blocked nose and bleeding nose and really painfull inside of my nose ever since and its doing my head in, i no u get stuffy noses and blocked noses just from pregnancy but mine hurts all the time and ive had (TMI) scabs up there ever since and it stops me from breathing preoperly. has anyone else had this? or am i just a freak?

xxxx
bab22

Steffani

jilly

torr

Ace

Reg: Jun 4th 2009

Children: 1 little girl 7 years born natural

Monday, January 11th 2010, 9:33am

Hello all,
Just cnat seem to catch up here anymore, I know I keep saying it but its just soo busy, anyway Im not so busy this week so Im gonna keep up :cross: hehehe
Hello to all the newbies : D
Not much to say, its snowing like mad here but everything is really organised and the gritter comes basicly to gates heheheh I know your jealous :snigger: the schools dont close either!! It didnt stop me falling in it though on Xmas day, walking the dog came home quickly to change before I got shouted at by DH!!
Babes is doing good and kicking loads and now that its January Im gonna have to start looking for things for the nursery as have only got a swing and that was coz my freind was selling it cheep!!
Still looking for the Rock baby range they have a lovely pram and cot bed I really want, dont think its popular in the Uk as tried to look on ebay for it with no luck.
Have a lovely day girlies and bumps, Im off to take the dog for a walk in the woods in the snow should be funXXXXxxx

Reg: Jun 30th 2009

Children: Im having a baby!

Monday, January 11th 2010, 11:20am

Hi ladies and growing bumps

Kat - How did your scan go babes? I cant wait to see the pictures :happy:

Vezza - Wow your changing bag is gorgeous, I want one! I hope LO has stopped being a pickle and is moving around alot more for you. I have found in the past few weeks my LO is not moving as much. She used to moved about every 3 hours but now its less - hopefully they are just more settled in there.

Steff - It must be so annoying to be so itchy, I hope the cream from the doctors works. I do remember reading somewhere that it is common in pregnancy but I hope it goes soon babes.

JVA Jess - Hope you've managed to sort out your SMP - It is so confusing, that Ive been into my HR so many times and still dont understand it. :wacko: I wished my DH encouraged me to buy expensive boots - I have to hide the bill :snigger:

Lynne - Your nursery sounds lovely, I love the Jungle Chums theme from Babies R Us. I bet your so excited :happy:

Bry - It is so annoying about your pram, hopefully a fully functioning one will arrive soon.

Jess - Hope you ok honey. Hopefully most of the snow will have gone tomorrow so that you can take your mum to the doctors, I do hope she is feeling better. It looks like your getting the hand of watching tv and resting (Well for a while anyway!) I cant sit at home and do nothing, I actually go to work for a rest :snigger:

Torr - Its lovely to hear from you honey. Hope your taking it easy now in the snow x

AFM - I had a busy week at work so didnt manage to get on this site all week - sorry. I loved walking my dog in the snow and he just rolled around in it and kept loosing his ball! But on the other hand glad that we haven't had any more for the past 2 days as I do seem to walk like a weeble in it so I dont fall down!
I have sorted out my maternity leave and I have done it that my maternity leave starts the day before LO is due but then I have taken 2 weeks leave before this, so I officially finish on 1st April! If I get too uncomfortable I still have another 2 weeks leave left from this year (Ive been saving it all up!) which I was going to carry over and add to the end of my maternity leave but I could just add it onto the beginning. I have decided to work up to as near as I could so I have longer off and also I actually do more work at home cleaning etc than I do at work :snigger: I plan to take 6 months off. I get 13 weeks full pay and then I go onto SMP. I will then hopefully do 2 months at SMP and then take the 2 weeks leave ive carried over and add two weeks leave from this years entitlement.
Yesterday I was feeling a bit down, dont know why was obviously just one of those days, so DH said that he would put up the cot and changing table in the nursery. We have just finished painting the nursery a lemon colour and I have got a white cot and changing table. When they were up and we had re-arranged the room it was actually very scary and I cried! :bawl: I know Im silly. I keep going in and just looking around, I cant believe that in just over 3 months MY baby will be lying in that cot!! (it still doesnt seem real)
I start a new job within my organisation next Monday which wont be stifts, no night turns and no working weekends :happy: It is a bit of a demotion but I had to think what would be better when LO arrives and this position is flexible and they wanted me even though I am pregnant and will go off soon. I feel a little disappointed that I will be leaving the office I work in as I love my job but my priorities will change I guess :happy:

Well Ive gone on abit today. I hope everyone is ok and being careful in this snow

XXX
Sandy

TTC - 5 Years
3 x Clomid - :BFN:
1st ICSI Aug 09 - :BFP:

at last im a mummy to a beautiful little gir Phoebe

Monday, January 11th 2010, 11:58am

hello ladies
Just a quik one from me - for last 2 days im stuk in bed with horrible flu. Feeling crap and trying to sort it with honey and lemon- with not much luck.
Babula is showing me that he/she is ok by kicking away most of the time :)
Going back to bed now- my nose is totally blocked and I look like a snow man- white with red carot in place of nose
Klaudia

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Monday, January 11th 2010, 12:04pm

Hello,

Didn't want to read and run. Just popping in to check whether everyone was ok.

Klaudia - Sorry you've got flu. I hate flu.

Steff - The nose thing is a side effect of pregnancy. My nose bleeds like mad sometimes and its constantly blocked. Apparently its to do with all the extra blood and the nose is like a valve that gets rid of it. I use olbas oil on a tissue next to my pillow which does help with breathing during the night.

Sending big :hugs: and belly rubs to everyone else.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Germany

Monday, January 11th 2010, 1:18pm

:hi: everyone, will try my best to mention everyone who posted since my last post, may take a while :smile: .

Buzz, I've been suffering with achey hips at night but legs are ok. a pillow between the legs reduces the angle your top hip is bent at, I've found that helps my top hip, but the hip I lie on suffers from the pressure of lying on it. A squishy duvet under the sheet helps a bit.

Steff, wow, you're 30 weeks! how exciting. Hope the iron tablets help your anaemia.

Jess, I can't imagine my DH ever cooking a roast dinner, lucky you! My DH is lovely and does loads for me but I do all the cooking or we'd live on bread meat and cheese! He always cleans the kitchen up afterwards though and that works well. You're right, just working the rest of Jan and Feb does sound less than 8 weeks. I've written the working days on a piece of paper in my office and am crossing them off. Most satisfying :D .

Flic, if your due date is the day after I stop work, you could quite easily already be a mummy by then!

Lynne, looks like you've been having as much fun as me working out how much working time there is left.

JVA, I can't comment on the way money works out and whether payments are before or after tax, I'm still discovering that stuff here in Germany and it's so complicated!

Klaudia, poor you having flu, I hope you get better soon. I'm very lucky that I didn't catch swine flu as I didn't get the jab, and my cousin came down with it 2 days after dropping us at the airport, and I'd sat next to him at lunch too. My cold from last week was very mild and short lived so I was very grateful and feel bad for everyone who is ill.

Chalmers, ooh, 4D scan, how was it?

Vezza, I have also grown out of some maternity stuff. I was practically living in my maternity jeans, but my bump is much lower than the supposedly low waist band so I just can't wear them any more. They weren't cheap either but I guess I will have to buy an over-bump pair that will be more comfy.

Bry, how annoying about the buggy, hope it gets sorted out soon.

Torr, the snow organisation is pretty good here in Berlin too, but then Germany expects to get snow.

Sandy, sorry you were feeling down, I find I do too sometimes, for absolutely no reason whatsover.

AFM, we drove halfway across the country on Sat to visit friends even though on the radio it was warning people to stay at home. Luckily the roads were fine although I found it a bit hairy on the drive back yesterday. DH's car has some special electronic thing that stops the wheels spinning (ESP or something?), so I was glad about that. Bit worried now about Toxoplasmosis though, as the friends have cats which are outdoor cats and catch mice and things and have a habit of drinking out of people's glasses when they're not looking. Had a really terrible night's sleep there, the bed was quite hard and my hips were so painful that I woke up at 1, 3, 4, and 5am from the pain, then at 7am from their toddler making a noise. I was so miserable at 5am, I actually cried, but DH was lovely and helped me arrange cushions and pillows to try and make it bearable. It was still a nice visit, we found out loads of info about how to do things with midwives, hospitals, work etc, and they've leant us a bundle of baby clothes (we'll give them back afterwards as they do plan to have another baby).

This weekend we are going to Leipzig as there is a baby fair there, so we hope to get loads of ideas for the stuff we want to buy and might even buy some things. Looking forward to that but am going to take a bunch of pillows with me so I can sleep comfortably as we'll stay over. I've been thinking of getting one of those doughnut shaped cushions to put under my hip at night to see if that will relieve the pressure, but worried it will lift my hips up too high. Alternatively thinking of getting a memory foam mattress topper but they are quite expensive.

Well I've waffled on for long enough now!

4x IUI
Mar 08 IVF BFN
Jun 08 ICSI BFN
Sep 08 ICSI BFN
Oct 08 FET BFN
Apr 09 ICSI brief BFP

Me 40, DH 38

Our dream came true,

My diary

Vezza

Star

Monday, January 11th 2010, 1:28pm

Hello one and all!

Sandy - Sounds like a plan with your mat leave and we finish on the same day - hurrah! Mental isn't it to think that our babies are going to be in our house. Still a dream really but I bet having the nursery really starts to make it real.

Klaudia - oh hun, you sound proper poorly. Nasty flu getting your all sick but great that Babula is nice and active to keep your mind at rest even though you can't breathe properly!

Torr - great to hear from you hun and I know this thread is so busy it is hard to keep up when you get on here everyday! Hope you are ok after your fall. Isn't it annoying when you get told off for falling. I mean, it is not as though you tried to actually fall :faint:

JVA - glad that you got to get your mum as I bet that is a weight off your mind. Sounds nasty though her back....

Flic - [zx127] loving the fact that you still check on us - you are like our big sister x

Steff - congrats at being 30 weeks - not long now......

Claire - Oh poor you hun and I know what you mean about the hips thing. I wake up every 1 1/2 to 2 hours with pain in the lower leg and have to move. I was feeling sorry for myself at 5:30 ish this morning when I woke to turn over and then couldn't get back to sleep and found myself wishing for just one full nights sleep. Then realised that that isn't going to happen for about another year or so I guess. Wow - scary thought huh. Slightly depressing but think of the practice we are getting already at getting up in the night and surviving on SAS level of sleep everynight. :D

As for me, well managed to get into work as I suspected which is a bummer as I wanted to get the invites finished. Oh well, more work on them tonight and hopefully tomorrow night should do it. Twinkle is still not moving a great deal but has moved some. DH was laying with his head on my belly last night to see if he could hear the heartbeat and she gave him a massive whollop in the ear which made us both laugh and the dog go mental. I deffo think she is a little pickle now. I do agree though that she has moved which is why I think the kicks have got less as I think she is either head down or head up now whereas she was laying more sideways before. The heartburn is worse as well which would agree with Twinkle being more up into my ribcage so I don't think I will fuss as I do feel sort of flutterings like in the early days so she is still wriggling I think. We so need a scan machine at home as life would be so much easier then.......

On a good note though, someone at work today said that my shape is changing so maybe I will get a little baby bump yet. Hmmm not sure though and might just be what I am wearing but she said that I look like I am carrying high up (whatever that means!). I think I will be brave and take a picci to see what you guys think.

Ok, back to work I guess and hopefully get away by 3 today.

x

Monday, January 11th 2010, 1:55pm

Hi everyone,

sorry im in a rush so wont do personals just yet but sorry to hear some of u are having pains and got colds, big hugs to u!!!

i think im gettin a cold too nose is killing me was up blowing it all night.

itching has eased a little bit which is good.

Just been and bought baby seat for car the one that fits on my buggy, its lush.

il be back on later to do personals

love to u all
xxxxxxx
bab22

Steffani

jilly

chalmers206

Superstar

Monday, January 11th 2010, 3:15pm

hi all,

Just a quick one from me too as i am loaded with the cold and am going back to bed soon.

The scan was amazing yesterday ( the pics are in my diary), our wee baba was sucking its thumb, rubbing its eyes and moving its mouth like it was talking. We got a lovley dvd i cant stop watching it. They also do a report which says everything is fine. The baby weighs 2lb 9 so is at the top end of the scale for the weight. I always said it was going to be a big baby lol.

Hope you all have a good day, talk later xx

Vezza

Star

Monday, January 11th 2010, 3:41pm

Oh Kat I have just looked at the pics!

Wonderful, just wonderful.

Seriously everyone needs to pop over to her diary and check them out and I challenge anyone to look at them and not either blub (like me) or have a huge grin on their face.

Hope you and Steff feel better soon

x

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Monday, January 11th 2010, 5:06pm

Kat - Those pics are brilliant!! Hope you're feeling better soon.

Vezza - Of course I will keep coming back to check on you guys!!! And then when everyone is in 3rd tri I'll keep an eye on everyone there too!! Get them bump pics up Mrs!!!

Claire - I'm sorry you're suffering with your hips honey. Mine hurt when I'm laid on my side, the other day I tried just cuddling a pillow, I actually slept. I think it must have lifted me up a bit or something but even though I was still laying on them it didn't hurt half as much.

:hugs: for everyone else!!!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

chalmers206

Superstar

Monday, January 11th 2010, 5:10pm

thanks Flic and Vezza, i agree the pics are amazing. It just makes it all seem so real now x

Reg: Jun 30th 2009

Children: Im having a baby!

Monday, January 11th 2010, 5:48pm

Kat - Those pictures are amazing. I bet the DVD is just mind blowing. Im really pleased for you babes xxx
Sandy

TTC - 5 Years
3 x Clomid - :BFN:
1st ICSI Aug 09 - :BFP:

at last im a mummy to a beautiful little gir Phoebe

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE