You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Jun 6th 2008

Thursday, December 23rd 2010, 5:55pm

Hi ladies,

I've booked mine and will be having it on Weds next week....I have to admit I wish I didn't have to have it but there are too many viruses going around at the moment and don't want to end up regretting not having it. It's a tough decision!

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Thursday, December 23rd 2010, 9:37pm

thank goodness I am not the only one stressing about the flu jab, i went last week and then panicked and left without it. I am booked in for wednesday next week and I think I will have it done.
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 1st 2010

Children: 1st ICSI - Perfect baby boy born 2011, 2nd ICSI - BFN

Sunday, December 26th 2010, 2:34pm

Cold meats....... Stupid question but can I have a cold turkey sandwich? Is it ok to eat cold meats?

United Kingdom

Sunday, December 26th 2010, 7:46pm

Just been over my dad's and 2 of their bloody dogs jumped up at me and my belly, I was so shocked I couldnt believe it. I hope my little one is ok ;(

United Kingdom

Reg: Jan 24th 2010

Children: 1 gorgeous little boy!

Monday, December 27th 2010, 11:16am

Hi Shelley,

Hope you had a good Christmas! Maybe the dog was a bit excited and just wanted to say hello to LO! ;) I reckon although it might have shocked you, there's no way the pressure would have been as hard as when the sonographers press hard with their ultrasound thingies to get baby to move. Am sure LO will still be tucked safely up there, having some good snoozes and enjoying all that Christmas food!

Am sure LO will enjoy a turkey sandwich too - as long as the turkey was cooked well in the first place. Not an expert but think it's just uncooked meats and fish (e.g. parma ham, smoked salmon). Will certainly be having a turkey sandwich or two myself over the next few days! Yum!

Off to the in-laws party today - aghh - just want to curl up with a book, a nice fire and chill. Love Christmas but all this being sociable stuff is a bit much! ;)

Harry x
Me:36 DH:36
3 IUIs - Jan, Mar, Jun 2010 - BFN
1st IVF Oct 10 - BFP. Please stay sticky!

7 week scan - 1 heartbeat seen!
9 week scan - little hands and feet!!!
12 week scan - all on track! :thumbsup:
21 week scan - :boy:

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Monday, December 27th 2010, 6:56pm

19+3

Hi All,

Shelley - sure all is fine both with the dogs and the turkey! As someone else has said, your LO is very well protected and the way I have been poked and prodded of late makes me believe they are far tougher than they seem!

Flu Jab - well.....I have been putting off having it if I am honest. However, I called and spoke with my Fetal Medicine Consultant who confirmed it was fine to have it and actually encouraged me, even with LO's challenges. Also....I think I have just had a very clear warning. On Boxing Day I started feeling ill and ran a temperature all night long. When I listened to LO's heart rate it was much faster than normal and my temperature when to just over 38 degrees. I had to take a whole day of paracetamol, worrying that my temperature was going to harm LO. So.......enough putting it off - I am defo having the jab on Friday.

hx
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

Bug79

Reg: Oct 21st 2009

Children: 2 DS born 2004 and 2011

Monday, December 27th 2010, 7:21pm

Hi guys

My gp refused to give me the flu jab due to my history although i have no idea why. When i told the midwife at ante natal they were not impressed and urged quite strongly to get it done. I am now booked in for Jan 4th.

Had my 20 week scan on 23rd and all is well. We resisted the urge to find out the sex and i'm really glad about that as i have been adament about not finding out from the start.
It was very tempting though.

I have to go back for a scan at 35 weeks to check on the position of the placenta as its not in the most ideal of places but the sonographer thinks it should move by then. I'm just glad i'll get to see little one again.

Feels like i can finally buy a few small items now, shame about the va\t increase.

Hope everyone had a great christmas

Bug

United Kingdom

Monday, December 27th 2010, 7:26pm

Bug: Good news about your scan! So exciting! Really happy things are going so well!
3 X ICSI

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 25th 2010

Monday, December 27th 2010, 7:30pm

Hi guys, decided to pop in and say hi!

Thought I'd let you know I had the flu jab in nov, I then got a nasty cold just over a week later (with 3 days off work) and was ill again from last sat to this. (Spent most of the week in bed!) however, I truly believe if I hadn't of had the jab I would have got them even worse then I have and Iv only just seen them both through with paracetamol, plenty of fluids and lots of sleep. I should also point out that I work in a school so much more likely in the first place to catch these things, tho the second came from my hubby's office!

Basically I would advice all to have it, I dread to think how poorly I might have got without it. And if u do get something resist the urge to sweat it out, keep your temperature down that's got to be number 1 priority, then plenty of fluids and sleep, paracetamol is all that we are allowed. Hope this helps...

Hope you all had a lovely crimbo xx xx xmas73

bab21 Due 07/03/11

So excited!! Scans at 4, 6, 8, 12, 20 and awaiting private 4D at 28wks, Growth scan & Placenta position at 32 weeks...pls move so I can have my homebirth!

Reg: Jun 6th 2008

Wednesday, December 29th 2010, 3:53pm

I've had my flu jab this morning and feeling ok so far. The nurse told me they don't inject us with the flu which is what lots of people have been telling me - she said what they inject us with is synthetic and should not cause us to have the flu - if ladies do get it its because they've been exposed to it before having the vaccine. She also said the most I should get from it is an achy arm and not to worry as this is common. I do admit I did have a bit of a panic and wondered if I was doing the right thing as I worried about my over active immune system but the nurse assured me that unless I'm allergic to hens or hens eggs I should be just fine....I figure if the medical professionals recommend it who am I to argue? Still a difficult decision as we have all been through so much to get to this point!

United Kingdom

Thursday, December 30th 2010, 9:45am

I know its too early for me yet but I was wondering..... how do you know when LO is kicking?

I'm 17 weeks tomorrow and am willing the weeks away until I can start to feel LO moving around in there :D

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Thursday, December 30th 2010, 11:12am

hi ladies

After much thought (and turning up at the doctor and chickening out last week) I had my flu jab yesterday. All fine until about 8pm when my arm started to hurt but other than that nothing to report. I am pleased I got it done in the end especially as I am asthmatic.

Shelley - I first felt slight fluttering (felt like gas but at the front) at 16 weeks. At 18 weeks I then felt movement I KNEW was baby, then from about 19-20 onwards proer kicks etc.

Bug79 - I have no idea why you could not get the flu jab, that seems to fly in the face of health department advice!
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

United Kingdom

Thursday, December 30th 2010, 12:32pm

19+6

Hi there,

Got flu jab tomorrow at 9 am I think (blimey hope I got the time right)!

Shelley: I only really just felt it the other day although it's by no means consistant! Last night I was lying on the couch and she kicked out again and 'swam' about a bit but it's not all the time. Having said that, she is on the small side apparently so perhaps she still has some growing to do.

h
3 X ICSI

United Kingdom

Friday, December 31st 2010, 10:14am

Hope the flu jab went ok Hayley?

I have been looking at maybe doing some yoga after my 20 wk scan if all is well and looked at a DVD called Pregnancy Health Yoga with Tara Lee and wondered if anyone had seen/used it before? or could recommend any?

• "philippa_s" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 12th 2008

Friday, December 31st 2010, 12:53pm

Hello ladies :wave:

Any space for another one? I'm now 14 weeks.

Had my nuchal/ booking in scan yesterday, bit later than most, but feeling happier about everything now. I too have to arrange my flu jab but not looking forward to having an achy arm!

Happy new year to everyone and hopefully catch up with you all over the coming weeks x
2 gorgeous girls and 1 on the way

United Kingdom

Friday, December 31st 2010, 1:06pm

Congratz Philippa!! and welcome to the 2nd Tri!

• "philippa_s" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 12th 2008

Friday, December 31st 2010, 1:14pm

Thank you Shelley

United Kingdom

Reg: Jan 24th 2010

Children: 1 gorgeous little boy!

Friday, December 31st 2010, 6:09pm

Hi philippa,

Congratulations!

I'm about 5 days behind you in terms of due date.

Shelley, I've been looking into yoga and pilates as well but probably a class as i'll never have the discipline to make myself do it at home. There are lots of pre-natal pilates and yoga classes and most say you can start in the second trimester (or before of you've been doing it regularly before pregnancy). I've hopefully found a class that is run by a qualified physiology which will be good as I had a back operation in may. Really looking forward to doing some exercise at last. Maybe some swimming too!

Got my flu jab booked for next wed and hoping to avoid any snuffly sounding people on the train/tube until then.

What have you guys done about telling work? I haven't told them yet and am wondering when to. Feel so unpregnant it'll feel weird planning my cover etc with them!

Well, hope you've got some fun new years eve plans. All being well, i imagine next year is going to be quite different! And special!

Harry x
Me:36 DH:36
3 IUIs - Jan, Mar, Jun 2010 - BFN
1st IVF Oct 10 - BFP. Please stay sticky!

7 week scan - 1 heartbeat seen!
9 week scan - little hands and feet!!!
12 week scan - all on track! :thumbsup:
21 week scan - :boy:

Reg: Aug 12th 2010

What's Up?
(",)

Friday, December 31st 2010, 9:48pm

Hi everyone, thought I'd pop in and wish Happy New Year to you all. Here's to a happy and peaceful year for us all xxx

I've had a flu jab too. I've never had any reservations about getting it. A few close friends and family members have got health conditions that mean their eligible for it, so I've seen them have it several times over and have no ill effects.

Shelley - there is a 10 min clip of Tara Lee's yoga on You Tube...you can try before you buy!

I know acupuncture and reflexology popular while going through IVF but has anyone had it in the second trimester?
Aug/Sept 2010 ICSI :BFP: :girl:

Reg: Oct 19th 2006

What's Up?
Tech support is currently limited

Saturday, January 1st 2011, 8:19am

newyear3

Hi everyone!

Your new thread for your 2011 Second Tri chat is here

** SECOND TRIMESTER CHAT **

4 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

4 guests

FERTILITYZONE