You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: May 28th 2009

Tuesday, September 28th 2010, 3:55pm

Blessings - for normal singleton pregnancies, the last scan is at 20 weeks. Twin pregnancies get more scans and if you are diagnosed with a low lying placenta you get another scan at 32 weeks to check its position.

That's why 4D scans are so popular - it's a long time to wait between the 20 week scan and delivery!

• "bouncytigger" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 9th 2008

Tuesday, September 28th 2010, 4:39pm

Blessings - did you manage to get any prunes down??
ICSI number 5 - BFP!! :boy: :girl: arrived December 2010

Reg: Feb 9th 2010

Children: One beautiful son

Tuesday, September 28th 2010, 8:54pm

NH....Thanks for the info....& I've already planned to have a 3D-4D scan done at around 7 months but I didn't know that my scans stop at 20 weeks. Oh well...!

BouncyTigger....Yeah, I had half of the pack, they wernt too bad. Give it a go it helps lol

MY DIARY

Reg: Apr 17th 2010

Tuesday, September 28th 2010, 10:14pm

Hello all! good to see so much chatter!
just a very quick one from me:
- on the prunes matter: prune juice is incredibly (!!!) effective and you don't need so much. It doesn't taste very nice, but a little glass will do....
- NH: good luck in the 3rd Trimester. Scary stuff but how exciting too
- Blessings - I've also been told that the 20week scan should be the last - it appears VERY long to delivery (like you, I'm planning on a scan around 7 months....)
- Kimby : I can totally sympathise on the feeling of not KNOWing that i'm pg. It's very strange - other people are excited, and I still cannot internalise (?) it...hmmmm

Anyway, hope all's good with everyone,
xxx

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Wednesday, September 29th 2010, 12:00pm

hello ladies

I am second trimester as of today! I cannot believe it.

Blessings - I am having a 28 week growth scan arranged by my consultant but not sure why. She also told me you can stop folic acid after 12 weeks but I dont see the point and she said its fine to carry one with a pregnancy vitamin so thats what I am doing.
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

BeeS

Ace

Reg: Oct 31st 2009

Children: Two little boys born March '11 and Sept '13

Wednesday, September 29th 2010, 12:57pm

Welcome, Brave Girl and Brave Baby!! I still don't believe I'm here either... In fact, like Kimby and Mima08, sometimes I hardly dare to believe I'm pregnant at all! Can't wait until my bump expands more as a constant reminder. I'm a couple of days off 15 weeks and seem to be feeling more energetic, which I hope will stay with me for a few weeks...

:thumbup: to everyone
Bee

PCO/Amenorrhea. Resistant to Clomid. Success with Gonal F ovulation induction.
DS1 born Mar 11 and DS2 born Sept 2013

Reg: Apr 2nd 2009

Children: DD born Oct 05

Thursday, September 30th 2010, 3:09pm

well we told our daughter about the baby yesterday evening and her reaction was so lovely, she's really thrilled ...she even skipped to school this morning singing I'm going to be a big sister

Thursday, September 30th 2010, 4:35pm

So cute!

Thursday, September 30th 2010, 5:22pm

Hiya all - just a quick one: had scan (22 wks - apparently ?( ) and all is really well: bouncy, all measurements smack in the normal range and got the cutest profile pictures!

They also checked the sex - and wrote it down on a piece of paper, now in a sealed envelope so that DP and I can pick a special moment to look - it's burning a hole in my bag! :snigger:

:xxx3:

Reg: Feb 26th 2009

Children: Hartlepool

Thursday, September 30th 2010, 6:13pm

Welcome new ladies!

Sorry ladies but us twin mummies are very lucky having a scan every 4 weeks- I know I would book private scans too if had last scan at 20 weeks.
As for prunes you go girls!!!!
Mima08 - what a good idea to have your sex written and hidden in an envelope I never even thought of that!

As for me having a very painful day today and waiting to hear what the doc says about signing me off for a bit longer. Went to physio and not much can do just offer crutches! And warn that I might end up in a wheelchair. Oh joy of joys. :( X(
K
DRAMA QUEEN
1 m/c
2 ectopics both tubes removed
1st cycle IVF, 2 blasto 9.3.09
:BFP: but ended in m/c :sadface:
me 34 DP 41
IVF May 2010 and got :BFP:
2 babies all healthy so far and both boys! :D
SPD for me :bawl: Next scan 7th Jan xfingers for a decision to encourage babies to arrive!

Reg: Mar 24th 2010

Thursday, September 30th 2010, 7:41pm

Hi Everyone!

Dramaqueen, I really hope you feel better soon!

Bravegirl. Are you the same bravegirl from the weight loss diary? If so, I am soo happy to see that you are pregnant now too. Congratulations!

I have my next doc visit on Oct. 5- Really looking forward to it. I have been getting the best little bumps and wiggles with the two of them doing the hokey pokey in there. I think it is too early now to start measuring movements. Has anyone heard any advice on when you measure baby movements?

Take Good Care,

Sept. 09 IVF - BFN
Jan. 10 IVF - BFN
May 10 IVF - :BFP:
Twins!
:dust:

Thursday, September 30th 2010, 10:57pm

Girlies....

BraveGirl: Welcome onboard hun....WOW. Time's does fly doesn't it. Make your self at home. Nice to have you onboard.

Mima. That is so sweet and so much more exciting....But your strong, I would have opened that on the way out of the hospital haha. Maybe you should open it on xmas day that'll be a nice xmas surprise...Glad scan went well and baby is fine.

I hope you're all doing well...

AFM. Everything is going well, not much to report to be honest, part from the shopping I done for the baby on Saturday, lots of blues and boys clothing....Dunno if I mentioned it before. Oh, and I'm not able to sleep at nights thank God, no more insomnia, touch wood.

MY DIARY

Friday, October 1st 2010, 8:12am

Morning ladies..

Mima.. you have willpower.. the piece of paper would have burnt through my bag by now and I wouldn't have been able not to look..

Dramaqueen.. sorry to hear you are still suffering.. mine is really bad at the moment as well, so I know how you feel!

Lawrence - I'm not sure when you start measuring. I'm still trying to work out which baby is which when they are moving.

AFM.. taking it easy at the moment as I am really uncomfortable with SPD.. plus it is absolutely peeing it down here, so no reason to venture out.

Have a good day all.. it's Friday happydance

Friday, October 1st 2010, 8:50am

Hi all - as you can see, I am lurking on here instead of the 3rd tri chat at it is much less scary here. LOL :snigger:

Lawrence2 - they say you are suppose to start doing a kick count from 28 weeks - is this what you are talking about? The advice differs dramatically depending on who you ask. My NCT teacher says you should expect to feel at least 10 different movements in one day. In the book What to Expect when You're Expecting it says choose the two most active times LO moves around, take 10 minutes to lay down and see how long it takes to count 10 kicks. If it takes longer, no worries, just note how long it takes. It's all about learning LO's movements and patterns and therefore if there is a change you will pick it up fairly quickly. Not sure how many movements are 'normal' for a twin pregnancy though.

Mima - gosh you are stronger than me. I would have taken two steps out of the scanning room and ripped that envelope open! :snigger:

Dramaqueen and BT - sorry to hear that you both are still suffering - at least it is perfect weather to stay at home and curl up in bed with a good book.

BraveGirl

Superstar

Friday, October 1st 2010, 9:17am

morning all

sorry I have not been on here much, I am still a bit scared to admit that I am pregnant and that maybe its all real and maybe its going to be ok.

Lawrence - yes I am the same weightloss BG and thanks so much for your welcome.

bouncyT - what is SPD?

mima08 - so pleased all was well at the scan :happy:

blessings - thanks for the welcome hon, its still all very surreal.

Can I ask you all a couple of things - I have been getting some twinges and aches down round my bikinin line and pelvis. Nothing like period cramps or anything central and sometimes it feels like the sides of my tummy on my hips are aching. Is this round ligament pain and normal do you think? does it mean BB is growing?

Also, does anyone else have a rounder/fatter tummy!? mine seems to have a bit more shape which I am surprised about this early on.
My Diary

Friday, October 1st 2010, 1:15pm

Brave Girl.

Thats normal babe, I had that alot as well It's just cause the baby is growing so your muscles and stuff are stretching....I also had spotting on and off throughout the first trimester too, but the baby was very healthy and all was well, just had the spotting.

Your be fine hun, try not to worry too much, I know its easier said than done.

X

MY DIARY

BraveGirl

Superstar

Friday, October 1st 2010, 1:24pm

thanks for your reply blessings, I feel a bit better now :smile:
My Diary

Reg: Apr 2nd 2009

Children: DD born Oct 05

Friday, October 1st 2010, 2:07pm

Bravegirl I also had those niggly aches and as Blessings said perfectly normal....I also found that if i needed to sneeze/cough or laugh I had to hold my tummy (or rather the sides and slightly lower than belly button) or else I did get pains!

Friday, October 1st 2010, 4:30pm

Brave Girl. You're welcome huni. Happy to help. Lucky...I did that too held the bottom of my tummy when I sneezed and coughed aswell, and it helps abit :snigger:

MY DIARY

Tiggs

Star

Reg: May 14th 2009

Children: Two precious baby girls thanks to ICSI! XXX

Friday, October 1st 2010, 9:35pm

Hey everyone!

I'm still rubbish at posting aren't I?! Sorry, I just don't have the time during the week due to work and being too tired. I will make more of an effort!

Welcome to the newbies!

Blessings, I see you're having a boy! How lovely!

Dramaqueen and BT, sorry you're still suffering with SPD.

Bravegirl, you're probably getting stretching and ligament pains, all normal and good.

Mima, glad you're scan went well. When do you think you will open your envelope?

Naturalhorse, very interesting about counting the kicks. Have you tried it yet?

AFM, just tired (mainly due to work still), struggling to get a good night sleep; if I'm not up and down to the loo I'm tossing and turning with leg and back pain now but it's all good. Gave in and bought our own doppler this week and it was amazing to hear baby's heartbeat and could hear him/her moving around in the amniotic fluid, very interesting, funny and wonderful! Feeling more movement now too which is great. Got our anomoly scan on Monday, my birthday and cannot wait to see baby again. Feels like I've been waiting ages for this scan!

Well, off to bed soon.

Take care all and keep well.

xxxxx

TTC 6yrs
ICSI Jul 09 OHSS :-(
FET Oct 09:BFN: :-(
FET Jan 10:BFN: :-(
ICSI Jun 10:BFP: precious DD born Feb 11 : D
FET Oct-Jan 12/13 chemical pregnancy ;(
ICSI Jul 13:BFP: :)

Saturday, October 2nd 2010, 9:28pm

Tiggs.

Hello Hun.

Thank you....I'm really happy I'm having a boy.!

Sorry to hear you're not sleeping...I hope that gets better, but I know the feeling. I was also suffering with Insomnia but surprisingly it ceased. ( Touch Wood ) Aaaaw bless it must be wonderful listening to your bubba in the privacy of your own home, it such a wonderful feeling....Not to mention feeling your bubba move about, thats amazing,

Good luck with your scan and Happy Birthday In advance.....All the best

XxXxX

MY DIARY

Saturday, October 2nd 2010, 10:44pm

Goodevening all!

So sorry to hear about all these ladies with pains - it sounds really tough and i admire the positive attitude. :cuddle

Lawrence - I read that you should measure as of 3 trimester, but like others said, you get really different advice...

Blessings - glad to hear your insomnia appears gone - long may it last!

BraveGirl -I am sure the twinges are ligament pains - mine started quite a bit at that time, but then calmed down: now they seem to come in spurts....

Tiggs - hopefully you can get some good rest over the weekend. How nice to hear your little one any time you wish - I would probably never move again :snigger:

AFM- well, the willpower did not last very long :snigger: But in my defense, it wasn't just me who couldn't wait - DP was supposed to go to a works due but came home early 'cause he could also not wait to find out. So we had a really lovely romantic evening with candles and some bubbly wine (lemonade in my case) and opened the envelope: It's a boy! baby7 We're very happy and excited and the name search is now on! Oh, and the shopping can start now too 88)

Wishing you all a lovely weekend

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "mima08" (Oct 2nd 2010, 10:47pm)

Reg: May 17th 2010

Sunday, October 3rd 2010, 10:34am

Oooooh Mima, a boy, how exciting!!! Congratulations! baby7
Have a great birthday tomorrow Tiggs! Are you going to find out if you're having a boy or a girl? Enjoy!
I hope everyone else is doing well and managing to cope with all the pregnancy niggles. Definitely worth it in the end!

Sunday, October 3rd 2010, 11:35am

Tiggs- I bought a doppler few weeks ago, Angelsounds off ebay, best £20 I've ever spent, we managed to pick the heartbeat up on Thursday, quite faint as I'm only 15 weeks but it was there! How surreal it was to be laid in our living room listenin to bubs heartbeat! I'll try and use it every other week otherwise I'll get hooked! - Good luck with your scan :)

Off for a swim soon :)
ICSI 07/10:BFP: bab11
FET 02/13:BFP:mc
FET 07/13:BFP:mc
ICSI 06/14:BFP: bab10
thanks Liverpool womens for 2 beautiful children!

Sunday, October 3rd 2010, 1:45pm

Tiggs - as I am in the 3rd trimester I do the kick counts and generally it's very easy to count 10 kicks when LO is active.

lastrolo

Reg: Apr 12th 2010

Monday, October 4th 2010, 10:34am

Hi I'm new to second trimester

Hi everyone. Hope u are all feeling good.
I recognise bravegirl from first tri chat but not sure I've met the rest. Hello all.
I am 14 weeks tommorrow and had 12 week scan thurs just gone. So I only started believing it since then. Very excited now.
Just thought I would introduce myself.
Take care everyone xx
Me 25 DH 28
PCOS Teratozoospermia
3 abandoned icsi before
Ovarian Drilling 24/05/10
SHOCK BFP next natural cycle
DD born 09/04/11 xxxxxxxx

Kimby

Reg: Feb 16th 2010

Children: Beautiful girl born 7th Feb 2011.

Monday, October 4th 2010, 11:19am

Mima, congratulations on having a little boy..x

Lastrolo, welcome to 2nd tri..x

Emma, well done you, I have a doppler but have never managed to actually hear babys hb. Must be so amazing. x

Just a quick question from me. Everyone else seems to ahve their anomoly scan at 20 weeks, mine is not till 24 weeks. Is this not very late? Maybe I should pay for a private one? Any thoughts?

Hope everyone is doing well..xx

BraveGirl

Superstar

Monday, October 4th 2010, 12:22pm

hi lastrolo, I am 14 weeks wednesday so we are 1 day apart!

can I ask everyone, I have stopped feeling so 'pregnant', I get tired easily and sleeping a lot and have some aches and twinges down below, but other than that - nothing. Is this normal? My DH thinks I have a bit of a bump (under the fat) and my mum is convinced i look pregnant but I am not sure.
My Diary

BeeS

Ace

Monday, October 4th 2010, 1:37pm

Welcome, lastrolo! I know what you mean about the feeling after the 12 week scan - I've only just started believing it too!

Kimby re your scan date, I think 24 weeks will be absolutely fine. Your little one will have developed even further than at 20 weeks so you'll get a lovely, clear picture of your baby! So unless you're impatient to see your little one, to say a little hello, there's no rush to scan earlier than this.

As far as I am aware, there is no good medical reason why this scan cannot be later in the pregnancy, as the main reason for it is to assess whether the baby has any potential difficulties which might, for example, require special treatment at birth. As I understand it (and I'm happy for any medical professionals to contradict me!) the NHS puts the scan at this date because it is 4 weeks before the cut-off for legal abortion, so if there are anomalies and the parents decide to abort as a result they still can. I know not everyone will agree with me but I find this rather an upsetting policy. If you know that you will keep your baby no matter what, there is no reason why the scan should not be later. As I say, there is even a benefit to a slightly later scan as you'll see your baby just that little bit more developed!

On a much more cheerful note, how early have people felt baby moving? I've read about people feeling a sensation of fluttering or bubbling and I wondered at the weekend whether I was feeling this - in a couple of quiet moments when I was resting I felt this little bubble sensation, very gentle, as if it was very far away. But I couldn't tell whether it really was baby or if it was my imagination playing tricks because I wanted to feel it!!! Perhaps you can never be sure until it turns into little kicks a bit further through the pregnancy... Does anyone else have any experiences of little feelings like this?

:thumbsup: Hope everyone is keeping very well. I'm still enjoying increased energy, which is just great.

xxx
Bee

Monday, October 4th 2010, 1:39pm

Kimby - Have you spoken to your MW? Have they explained why your scan is not at 20 weeks? Have a talk with them first before paying for a private scan because it costs a lot of a money. My thinking behind the timing is, and I could be completely wrong with this, is that if something bad was found, termination is still possible.

Bravegirl - it is completely normal to not feel pregnant although you perfectly described all the symptoms of being pregnant! LOL Once you start feeling LO move and your bump grows bigger, you might start to actually believe it. Of course some days I still don't believe it, or think that I feel pregnant enough.... LOL Truthfully I don't think we will really believe it until we hold our LOs in our arms after a very long TTC journey!

BeeS - we seem to have crossed posts! I felt my LO move at 16 weeks and it kind of felt like bubbles to me.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Natural_Horse" (Oct 4th 2010, 1:41pm)

Kimby

Reg: Feb 16th 2010

Children: Beautiful girl born 7th Feb 2011.

Monday, October 4th 2010, 1:49pm

Thanks for replies NH and Bee, I don't know why my scan is not till 24 weeks. My 1st scan at hospital was 16 weeks and they told me not to come back till 24. I had a private scan last week just to make sure all OK and to find out the sex. I just could not wait!

Bee it's only in the last week or so I have felt some movement, seems to be getting stronger every day now. It still not making me believe I'm pregnant!

Monday, October 4th 2010, 5:55pm

Bee - I didn't feel movement really until around 20/21 weeks.. but once I did, they haven't stopped!!

Lastrolo - Welcome to second tri..

AFM - not much to report apart from a lot of baby buying still going on in the bouncy household.. Babies very active over the last few days and I'm convinced on side of my stomach sticks out further than the other.. but all good here.

Hope everyone else is OK

xx

BraveGirl

Superstar

Monday, October 4th 2010, 5:58pm

thanks natural horse, I know I should be grateful that I am feeling better but I found the symtoms a reassurance, now I dont have them and as yet no real bump and its too soon to feel baby, so I am panicking.

I am able to get a private scan for £80 and I must admit its worth every penny but I dont need them, I do it for reassurance only. I am having the anomoly scan at 20 weeks pus a growth scan at 28 weeks as my consultant wants me to have one then, I am not sue why though.
My Diary

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 2nd 2008

Children: One beautiful little boy born 31/07/09, One beautiful little girl born 25/02/11

Tuesday, October 5th 2010, 5:20pm

Hi girls, can I join in too! I do recognise a few of you ladies, hope you're all well.
Bravegirl I'm so pleased to hear that you've got a little one on the way, I remember you from the weightloss diaries too!!

ICSI #1 BFP MAY'08 ;( MC @ 8 WKS

Reg: Mar 27th 2009

Wednesday, October 6th 2010, 10:21am

Oh dear – aren’t I rubbish – haven’t updated for absolutely ages! Apologies that I won’t catch up with everyone, but here are a few personals to start:

Bouncytigger – I was the same as you – didn’t feel movement until 21 weeks, but now it’s so frequent and obvious I can’t believe I didn’t feel it sooner!

Kimby and Bravegirl – I’m glad someone else has trouble believing they’re pregnant! I try to bounce out of bed some days and then go ouch as I realise I’m squashing the bump and it makes me feel icky!

Mima – love the envelope idea, and congrats on having a boy! We didn’t find out – seems we are unusual on here for not doing so.

Blessings – how are you doing, and congrats on having a boy!

Tiggs – hope you had a great scan and birthday on Monday!

Lawrence – I have been told not to count movements until 28 weeks and then it’s not the same rule for all (used to be ’10 kicks’) but basically just observe if the pattern of movements changes.

Dramaqueen – is is SPD (or whatever they call it now)? Poor you!

Hello to BeeS, Danielle, Lastrolo, Natural horse, Emma, Babybump, Lucky and anyone else I’ve missed.

Lots to report from me. I’ve been diagnosed with GDM (gestational diabetes) at 20 weeks so have to eat healthily and prick my finger four times per day. Problem is, I was already eating healthily and taking Metformin so it’s difficult to improve on it, and I lost a bit of weight last week which I need to make sure I reverse. Still haven’t put weight on since the start of pregnancy! They tell me that despite all my best efforts I will almost certainly end up on Insulin. Currently it’s fine except for my sugar levels after breakfast (when insulin resistance is highest), so I’m having to eat eggs, beans or fish instead of cereal and I’m HATING it! Still, it’s all for the best

I also have a low-lying placenta which is anterior, and of course I am on Clexane to thin the blood due to some funny immune issues, so what with the GDM further complicating labour, who knows how they will let this baby come out! It will almost certainly be before 40 weeks though. Oh, and I’m already at high risk of pre-eclampsia due to maternal history, and that risk has just quadrupled due to the GDM!

On the plus side, they’ve spotted all this stuff nice and early and are looking after me well. I have scans booked at 28, 32 and 36 weeks. The baby is making his/herself known to me frequently which is very cheering – I felt the first kick when at a real low-point, feeling hungry in the evening and not knowing what I could eat so getting tearful – really cheered me up, I can tell you! DH has also felt and seen kicks – weird to watch the belly move and I’m amazed I can see it so soon.

Oh, and we thought we’d get the nursery walls skimmed and ceiling looked at (some cracks) and have ended up having the roof replaced, which they’re in the middle of at the moment and which is disturbing me as I work from home! The torrential rain on an exposed roof at the weekend caused a nice puddle in our bed on Sunday afternoon, so that’s another ceiling that needs repairing :( So we’re a long way from decorating the nursery which is a worry as this baby is more likely to arrive in Jan than Feb as previously assumed!

I will stop wittering on now! x

TTC#1 since Dec 06, PCOS
IVF#1 2009 - 3xSET (blasts) - 3xBFN
IgG cardiolipins and Lupus antibodies, MTHFR heterozygous
IVF#2 2010 - 2 blasts, BFP 1/6/10, secondary OHSS
[zx076] 18/6/10 at 6+4!
On Metformin 4x500mg, Clexane 80mg, Aspirin 75mg, B12 3x50mcg
Gestational diabetes (diet controlled)
Elizabeth born prematurely on 25/11/10 at 29+3, weighing 3lbs

Friday, October 8th 2010, 12:40pm

Afternoon ladies... how are we all doing? Been quiet on here for a few days!

Hello Danielle!!! Sooo good to see you here..

AFM - not much to report.. got the curtains yesterday for the babies room, just need to find a black out blind for the room.. anyone any suggestions for a good place that does them? Everywhere seems to, but who knows what is good and what is not so good..

Hope everyone is well..

xx

Reg: Mar 25th 2009

Children: none

Friday, October 8th 2010, 6:07pm

hi girlies!! sorry not been on here for a few days ive been really busy working and being a little busy bee!!
so lovely to hear some you girls have been decorating!! ive gutted my bedroom this week and thrown so much rubbish away! making room for little ones things to be stored! cant wait to start buying stuff for our little baby!!

went to see the midwife yesterday and she said i was too early to listen for the heartbeat at 16 weeks, however i begged her to try and she said if u dont hear it please dont be dissapointed, anyway she picked it up straight away!! i was so excited, felt like crying (again) lol!! it was so lovely to hear it and my bump is definately starting to grow this past week, ive bought maternity tights what a god send!! they cover my belly and keep me warm!

only 4 weeks now until our next scan, cannot wait to see our lovely baby again, im counting the days!!
have a nice weekend love to all x x
starsmileBecky x x

BeeS

Ace

Friday, October 8th 2010, 6:24pm

How wonderful, Becjay, to hear your tiny's heartbeat!!! Now I wish I'd been persistent like you, as I had my 16 week appointment this morning and was told the same thing but it simply didn't occur to me to ask the midwife to try anyway! D'oh!

Platinum, sorry to hear about the GTM and related issues - at least, as you say, they've spotted it early and can keep a good eye on you. It's a shame you're not enjoying your new eggy fishy breakfast regime - I'd very happily have a cooked brekkie every morning! Hope you keep well over the next few weeks.

How exciting so many people are preparing a baby room! We've not really got that far yet although I'm starting to get shifted through a load of my belongings in the hope I can get rid of a lot of them. Free listings on ebay this weekend so I might make the most of that!!

It sounds like everyone feels baby at very different times. I've become more confident that the little bubbles I've been feeling this week are my little one. I continue to feel them in quiet moments of the day - and it's definitely not just when I need a good trump! Also loving the thought that baby can start to hear my voice now - although I'm sure it sounds pretty odd through all that flesh...

Bravegirl, hope you're settling into enjoying feeling a bit better.

xxxx :thumbup:
Bee

Tiggs

Star

Reg: May 14th 2009

Children: Two precious baby girls thanks to ICSI! XXX

Friday, October 8th 2010, 7:11pm

Hello everyone,

Thanks for all the birthday wishes! Had a fab day because we had our anomoly scan and all is well with baby. It was wonderful to se our baby again, bouncing about, we seen the little feet and baby gave us a little wave - so cute! We also found out the sex and we are having a girl! We would have been happy either way of course so long as baby is healthy! We just so happy and excited, I just can't wait to meet her! It somehow makes it more real finding out the sex too, although BG, like NH, sometimes I still don't feel pregnant. I think it is juse because we try for so long and go through so much it often feels quite surreal, if that makes any sense?!

Mima, congrats on having a little boy! How wonderful! Have you started buying blue yet?

Emma, our doppler is the Angel Sounds one too and it is very good, so nice to listen to baby, especially when we need some reassurance.

Platinum, sorry you have been diagnosed with gestational diabetes and a low lying placenta. Sounds like they are keeping a good eye on you?

Blessings, how is your shoppng going? Do you have most things in now?

Bee, I started feeling little flutters and things around 16 weeks but sometimes it felt like tummy rumblings but it has become more distinguishable at around 20 weeks, definate little kicks and/or punches and it makes me smile everytime!

I bought some clothes yesterday, in pink, and they are lovely but we have everything else to buy. We are on holiday now, down in Yorkshire, so the mass shopping will begin when we get back!

We are going to go for a 4D scan at approx 28 weeks so really looking forward to that.

Anyway, better go for now. Hi to the newbies and everyone I've missed.

Take care and keep well.

xxxxx

TTC 6yrs
ICSI Jul 09 OHSS :-(
FET Oct 09:BFN: :-(
FET Jan 10:BFN: :-(
ICSI Jun 10:BFP: precious DD born Feb 11 : D
FET Oct-Jan 12/13 chemical pregnancy ;(
ICSI Jul 13:BFP: :)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Tiggs" (Oct 8th 2010, 7:13pm)

BraveGirl

Superstar

Friday, October 8th 2010, 8:22pm

becjay that is great news, I am surprised they told you that, the midwife at my consultation heard BB on doppler at 12 plus 6. DH and I have our own doppler and have been listening and hearing HB at home from 13 plus 6...we are finding it adictive though so have a little listen each evening after work as a treat. DH is turning out to be a great midwife....lol

tiggs - conrats on having a girl! you can start thinking of names now :happy:
My Diary

Friday, October 8th 2010, 10:04pm

Tiggs- Ye thats it, fantastic piece of equipment for the ££ :)

Hi Becky! My midwife heard mine at 13 weeks, I said on here didn't I... I've got midwife again on Tue so will be asking again! Thats mad how yours said they may not be able 2 pick it up? Least they did hey :)

afm: Midwife tue for triple test :/ and....... I'm sure I felt a fluttering on Wed night in bed about 11pm ish! I've never felt anything like it before and it was like bubbling in my tummy which is what you start feeling round about now. Felt well mad, tickled lol

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 25th 2010

Saturday, October 9th 2010, 9:57pm

Hey girlies! Been so long since I popped in but been soooo busy with work!!

Been trying to catch up with posts and so good to hear your all doing so well, iv got my 20 week scan soon.. Can't wait as I still feel my bump is small and not felt kicks yet etc so be reassuring to see our lil baby is ok xx

bab21 Due 07/03/11

So excited!! Scans at 4, 6, 8, 12, 20 and awaiting private 4D at 28wks, Growth scan & Placenta position at 32 weeks...pls move so I can have my homebirth!

Sunday, October 10th 2010, 2:00am

Hiya Girlies...

Welcome onboard to all the newbies...Make your selves comfy.!

BraveGirl: No babe thats normal to feel like that. I also went through that too, didn't feel pregnant for a little while and started worrying, but then I soon felt pregnant again. Lol. Nothing to worry about everything will be fine. Just relax and enjoy it while it last. :)

Mima: I'm also hoping it last can't take much more of the sleepless nights hehe. Glad you are keeping well.

Tiggs: Hello huni. I'm doing great, pregnacy is treating me well, don't even remember I'm pregnant these days apart from when Kaleb is constantly kicking. :snigger: As for the shopping I have got nearly everything now, all the essentials I have bought already, got the chestofdrawer for the nursery on Thursday, and getting pram and cot at the end of the month. And that is the last of the buying, just need to get accessories for the nursery and thats it really.
Bet you're looking forward to your 4D scan, I'm also planning to have one at around that time too should be fun. lol

Platinum: Thank you hun, nice to see you.! Really sorry to hear about all your lows you've been experiencing...Hope things gets sorted with your nursery soon, and as for your health, you are in a good hands, thank god they found things early so they can keep a check on you. Take it easy now, and rest up.

Hello and sorry to anyone else that I might have missed.

Not much to report from me, my pregnancy is going really well. And not been up to much apart from shopping anf organising house for the arrival, sorting out furniture for nursery etc.

Well girlies better go now getting sleepy. Take care, all our love.

xXx

MY DIARY

Reg: Apr 5th 2009

Children: Megan. 2 Years

Sunday, October 10th 2010, 9:41pm

Hello lovely ladies

another one here who hasnt been around much, i do apoligise

I have been working and sorting out lots of housing issues we had, our current home is really lacking in maintenance, we rent and have recently discovered we cant afford to move, we live in a one bed, so we are faced with the turmoil of having to bring up the baby here, a real squeze its going to be but we will cope somehow, im a little sad we will never get to properly decorate a nursery for our little one never the less these things are sent to test us!

Im 17 weeks tommorrow, our next scan is november 4th when I will be 20+2 and i cant wait to find out the sex so we can get about to buying some clothes!!!

Hope everyone else is well!

xxxx

P.s as for the dopler i have been listening to our little one at home on a dopler since exactly 12 weeks! why anyone would say you cant find it at 16 weeks is beyond me!! xxx
Kimberley Sutton DIP Hyp cs.
Hypnotherapist, infertility and pregnancy specialist.
The Sutton Sanctuary: Home

My IVF ICSI Miracle is 2 : D

Sunday, October 10th 2010, 9:55pm

Hi KTF Hope alls well! Nice you have your scan date :) Im eagerly awaiting mine so I can look forward to it :)

I have a doppler but I'm not sure if I'm picking up my heartbeat or the babys? At the moment I can pick something up on the right side of my belly button and just a tad lower from it. Does this sound correct to anyone? Where and how is your baby positioned at this stage?

x

Reg: Jun 14th 2010

Sunday, October 10th 2010, 10:37pm

Hi girls

I thought I would finally take the plunge and join you here. I have been reading here from time to time but rarely come on fz lately so cant keep up very well.

Blessings - save some stock in the shops for us lot. Sounds like you could open your own shop - good for you its so exciting getting all the gear and congrats on finding out you having a boy blessing. I really want to buy a couple of outfits but actually not that easy to buy neutral stuff, most is blue or pink!

KTF - sorry you are not going to get to move, times are hard at the moment eh! I am sure you will make the most of what you have and at the end of the day its about you being a family. Glad to hear you are doing well anyways x :thumbsup:

Emma - I am not sure if you can pinpoint a position at this stage as baby/ies have quite a bit of room to shimmy around. It sounds right to me what you are doing.

I was also told at my appointment with m/w that she may not be able to hear and I was 17 weeks! I know sometimes you cant. To be honest in my case she was running half hour late and while sometimes they cant hear it was kinda convenient to send me packing. On the subject of movement, its awesome I am getting daily wriggles now. Tonight I have had quite a few (it may be different for me as I have had a dd so they do say you can feel stuff earlier)When I was on hols last week I saw hiccups! It was amazing me and my dh were just staring at my tummy in disbelief!:snigger:

Anyway, love to you all and take it easy

2009: 2 X ICSI - BFN
June 2010: ICSI - :BFP:
EDD - 14 March 2011

Reg: Feb 26th 2009

Children: Hartlepool

Monday, October 11th 2010, 10:53am

Hey all

Thought I would say welcome to all newbies and welcome back to all oldbies! :D
Doppler experience from me - midwife checked at 16 weeks and found both did warm might not hear either but it inspired us to buy a machine and have found heartbeats pretty much
everytime after that. They are sometime clearer than others and I assume it depends upon where the babies are! We assumed they would be in the same place each time but no! One of the cheeky monkeys seems to sit on my bladder right at the bottom kicking me there every so often and causing me to need lots and lots of wees! :thumbdown:

My little ones keep moving every now and then but mainly at night but it feels like muscle spasms that you have no control of and can see little bumps sticking out. DH has felt them and is
excited. We still got lots to do need another car seat and to paint the nursery. We are struggling to find a border with alphabet on- any suggestions gratefully recieved! All the boy ones
seem to be Ben 10, Thomas or cars and boats which we don't really want.

As for me the SPD is still hard work and I am in constant pain when I move. Have been signed off work til my maternity starts so going a bit stir crazy! Have just bought lots of books and crafts
to make people for christmas to try and keep myself occupied! I go swimming 2 or 3 times a week which does help. However going out presents a problem esp shopping as I can only walk
around one shop then need to go home. DP says use a wheelchair but trying to hold that off as long as possible. Sleep is also a problem but I keep telling myself this is short term and will
all be worth it in the end. These twins will be the best behaved babies EVER! xfingers

On the plus side have midwife appointment this week and scan on Friday so get to see my little monkeys!!!! :thumbsup:

Over and out
K xxx
DRAMA QUEEN
1 m/c
2 ectopics both tubes removed
1st cycle IVF, 2 blasto 9.3.09
:BFP: but ended in m/c :sadface:
me 34 DP 41
IVF May 2010 and got :BFP:
2 babies all healthy so far and both boys! :D
SPD for me :bawl: Next scan 7th Jan xfingers for a decision to encourage babies to arrive!

BraveGirl

Superstar

Monday, October 11th 2010, 11:18am

emma the way to tell if its baby or your heartbeat is by the speed of it. Get a doppler with a beat counter on it. Yours should be under 100 and the baby's anything from 120-160.

We can tell without the counter now as mine is more like whoosh whoosh and BB is more like clip clop clip clop. And its a LOT faster!
My Diary

Monday, October 11th 2010, 12:26pm

Hmmm well mine doesn't have a counter so I had to manually count- beats for 15 seconds then times it by 4 and it seemed to be 110 which seems slow? This is why I didn't want to buy one as I knew if I get it wrong I'd be thinking all sorts. So I don't know. I have a midwife appointment tomorrow, I'll ask to have a listen then as I did at 13 weeks and it was good strong heartbeat then :)

BraveGirl

Superstar

Monday, October 11th 2010, 1:09pm

emma I am sure it will be fine,. either throw the doppler away or get one like this (or hire one):

doppler
My Diary

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE