You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Sep 26th 2009

Children: Herts&Essex

Wednesday, July 21st 2010, 12:36pm

Hopeful please try not to worry about not feeling anything. I have twins and didn't feel anything until about 2 weeks ago (I am now 24 1/2 weeks) When I had my 20 week scan the sonographer said it was completely normal not feel anything yet although some people do feel things earlier. When I first felt them it was the weirdest thing really really strange but lovely at the same time.

Flic great advice I agree - I have laso bought what I hope are 2 really nice bouncers for the boys to chill out in - it's all getting so exciting now
Jo
IVF Sept/Oct 2009 - BFP but then chemical pregnancy :bawl:

IVF Jan/Feb 2010 - :BFP: twins bab11 bab11

Reg: Feb 9th 2010

Children: 1 perfect boy born after icsi tx

Wednesday, July 21st 2010, 4:32pm

Hi girls, thanks for all the reassurance. Well I had my m/w app this afternoon. Heard a gorgeous thumping h/b and as she was prodding about she said did you see that, and lo and behold I seen my tummy ripple. Still couldn't feel a thing but she kept prodding and making bumpie move and I could hardly see anything after that cos I had tears pouring down my face. (The one app DH couldn't make, typical!) It was fantastic and I can't wait to see/feel more.

Kelly I had my scan at 17 weeks and I've to go back at 22 weeks for a full fetal assessment as they think the baby might be quite big. Really looking forward to that one as it's really detailed.

Thanks again girls, all the support means such a lot as you all know how it feels. :xxx3:

FET JAN 2012 - 2 embies :BFN:
2 still on ice for another day xfingers

My Diary

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Wednesday, July 21st 2010, 9:24pm

Hopeful - I only felt my baby kick between 20 weeks and 29 weeks. After that I couldn't feel her move at all. It all depends on the way the baby lays and whether the baby is kicking parts of you that have nerve endings (was told this by a cons) Just wait till you get proper kicks!!

Good luck for your scan in 2 weeks!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Reg: Dec 27th 2008

Thursday, July 22nd 2010, 9:45am

Flic - thank you so much for your welcome advice. I'm much more relaxed about clothing now, I have a small selection of white vests and sleepsuits in both newborn size and 0-3. I was forgetting that because I don't know the sex of the baby, it is perfectly alright to wait until after the birth before I contemplate the joys of joggers/leggins, t-shirts etc. I even got myself a pack of 3 vests from Tesco that have poppers on the front instead of over the head ones as I thought that might be less fiddly for the very first change when I'm petrified of breaking baby or something! :snigger:

Well today I'm 29wks and will be moving over to the Third Tri so I will bid you all farewell and look forward to seeing you over there soon. OMG - people have babies in the third tri, I'm scared! :snigger:

ICSI Dec 08 & June 09 BFN, ICSI Dec 09 :BFP: Our miracle son born 1st Oct 2010

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Thursday, July 22nd 2010, 9:55am

Claire - Pleased I could help a bit. Poppers down the front are most definately the easiest! Tesco is fab for clothes and baby stuff. I buy O's stuff from tesco, cos I figured its cheap and she's not going to be in it for very long. I was terrified of changing O cos I thought I'd break her, but nope, she's still here. The bigger they get the more robust they are too!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Reg: Apr 9th 2009

Thursday, July 22nd 2010, 5:10pm

Hi Girls,
Well I'm back again after having been off line for a little while. Glad to see I am not the only one shopping in the baby dept at Tesco. The poppers down the front also appealed to me for fear of breaking / hurting Proto when he / she comes along.

So, I am now in wk 28 so will soon be moving over to 3rd trimester. Can't believe I'm at this stage already. Actually I'm having a shocker of a week. Woke up on Tuesday feeling a little light headed and with indigestion. Took my time getting ready for work. Got to lunch time and all I could face was 1.5 dry crackers and a glass of water as still was not feeling great so at 2pm decided to come home. Got home and about an hour later started to :puke: Seeing as I managed to avoid morning sickness, this was an unfamiliar and unpleasant experience (and the first of a few more occasions during the next 24hrs). Anyway, today I have managed to keep down toast and soup so things are improving, although my abdomen aches thanks to the combo of me throwing up and Proto kicking the hell out of me. I also had 28week check with the midwife yesterday and got my health in pregnancy grant form (ironic seeing as I was feeling so crap). It also turns out that my bp is low (100/64) so it is no wonder I was feeling a little dizzy.

DH has the day off tomorrow and the plan was that he would paint the nursery. Alas, I fear it is not going to be done as I cannot stand the smell of paint, so he won't want to be running the risk of me having my head down the toilet all day. Hopefully it wouldn't come to that, but no point in taking the risk. Summer leave will be upon us both soon, so it will get done then.

So that's about all from me.
Take care everyone,

:xxx3:
Elisa
IVF Aug 09 - Brief BFP
FET Jan 10 :BFP:
bab11 Alexander James 17/10/10

2nd FET Feb 13 :BFN:

My Trying Again Diary

• "bouncytigger" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 9th 2008

Friday, July 23rd 2010, 6:54am

Thanks for good tips about Tesco's. not looked in there yet...

Thank goodness it's Friday.. seems like it's been a long week.... hope everyone is ok and has nice weekends planned..

Bye Claire....
ICSI number 5 - BFP!! :boy: :girl: arrived December 2010

vstelfox

Reg: Jul 23rd 2010

Saturday, July 24th 2010, 8:49pm

hi

hi i've been a lurker on here for 6 months or so and thought it was time to take the plunge im vanessa, 15 weeks pregnant monday cannot believe how quick things are moving along ive got a question if you ladies could help i keep getting the odd shooting pain down below :O it comes and goes not always daily just like to know if anyone else gets this feel silly ringing midwife asking

thanks ladies :smile:
1st-icsi BFN :bawl:
2nd-fet BFN :bawl:
3rd- icsi BFP :happy:
edd 17th/01/2011

Sunday, July 25th 2010, 9:31am

Hi Vanessa and welcome.. you're due the same day as me! I get strange pains down there all the time.. sometimes from getting up.. or I could be just sitting there and get a shooting pain. I'm sure all is fine and it's things stretching and expanding..

If you're concerned though, don't feel silly asking for advice or reassurance, that's what they are there for..

Hope you are having a great weekend...

blowkiss

Reg: Feb 18th 2010

Tuesday, July 27th 2010, 7:47am

Yesterday's 20 week scan came and went so quickly ! The good news is that baby is all well and no abnormality detected.

I am pleased to announce we are having a baby................... BOY !!!!!!!! :)

We were also told my placenta is low lying and totally covering the OS so have to have another scan at 32 weeks. Anyone else have this ?

Here's our boy .... :thumbsup:

[zx126]

IUI - February 2010 - :BFN:
IUI - March 2010 - :BFP: :boy:
26/11/2010 - baby Samuel born

MY DIARY

RosB

Ace

Reg: Sep 23rd 2009

Children: Twin boys conceived on 3rd ICSI attempt

Tuesday, July 27th 2010, 8:23am

Lovely photos Emzuii - congratulations!

Welcome Vanessa - I have those shooting pains every now and then, they worry me too but I am sure there is nothing to worry about. I mentioned it to my midwife and she didn't seem concerned.

Tuesday, July 27th 2010, 11:21am

Lovely piccy Emuziiui and congratulations on having a boy..

I can't wait for my scan to hopefully find out what we are having.

Hope everyone is good, it's very quiet on here at the moment..

Reg: Sep 28th 2009

Children: A beautiful, miracle FET baby girl

Tuesday, July 27th 2010, 3:28pm

Lovely pics and news Emuziiui :smile:
Welcome Vanessa - hope the pains have eased off. I get those 'down below' pains quite regularly, generally, and have found that if anything they have eased off since I've been pregnant. I am also aware though that pregnancy can take us all in all sorts of different ways, so maybe you've just got unlucky. Here's hoping they disappear as the pregnancy progresses...

It is terribly quiet in here at the moment, so I trust you are all OK. I am 29 weeks today, so should really be shuffling off to the Third Tri but that all seems a bit scary at the moment as they actually have to give birth and have babies in there!

A quick update on me before I go. Had our 2nd NCT class last Wednesday. It was much better than the first session, but I am going to have to accept that our teacher is a little bit more 'hippy-ish' than suits my taste, and her lessons are going to continue to reflect that. I told her that she freaked me out with her '1.5 million baby deaths due to formula feeding' and she apologised and clarified for the group that these were almost all in Africa and due to lack of sanitation/clean water etc. I was glad she at least did this.
She is also a Dulah, and the day before our session had attended a hypno-birth, so we heard all about how wonderful that was - a home water birth.
She also told us about a couple in another of her NCT groups who are intent on 'Contact parenting' where the baby has 24 hour skin to skin contact with either the mother or father. As well as sounding utterly ridiculous (to me!) this sounded like more hard work than was worthwhile or healthy!! I'll be intrigued to know if they manage it.

Otherwise, I'm struggling a little with the humidity at the moment, and my carpal tunnel syndrome seems to be getting worse. It will be lovely, once the baby is here, to get full, pain-free use of my hands again!!

Anyway - hope everyone is well. I'll keep popping back to check on you all, but also hope to see you all in 3rd Tri very soon :smile:
January 2010 - Natural FET cycle
Harriet Amelia was born on 16th October 2010 - we are SO happy!!!

Tuesday, July 27th 2010, 9:03pm

Congratulations Emuziiui, lovely scan, I bet you are delighted. Welcome to you Vanessa, yip I'm afraid the aches and pains are all part of the fun. Elaine, good luck in 3rd, I must say I agree with you about the contact parenting thing, never heard of it before but how in Gods name do you get anything done?

Well after my mild panic about not feeling any movement I am proud to report I have felt quite a bit of movement over the last few days. I was wakened from 5 until 7 this morning getting the rollercoaster special! Have to say I loved every minute of it. I hope everyone else is keeping well and enjoying their pregnancies. :xxx3:

My Diary

Reg: May 28th 2009

Wednesday, July 28th 2010, 9:05am

Hopeful - Great to hear that you are getting loads of movement!

Emuziiui - fantastic scan!!! I have my 20w scan next Tuesday, can't wait.

And welcome Vanessa - the ladies are right, the aches and pains are all part of it. I have been achy in the hip and pelvic area from day one.

Today, I am 20 weeks - I'm officially halfway there!

RosB

Ace

Wednesday, July 28th 2010, 1:21pm

Hey Elaine - can't believe you are moving into the 3rd tri thread now - wow! That means it won't be too long before I do too - only 3 weeks or so. In a strange way the time seems to have gone quickly but dragged in other ways. I am looking forward to getting to the third trimester and really looking forward to having the babies out safe and sound. Shame about your NCT classes - I hope they aren't all like that - we have got our NCT classess in a couple of weeks time. I am definitely not into the 'hippy' style of teaching that you have mentioned. Oh well, if nothing else I think we will meet the same 'type' of people on the NCT course rather than the NHS one and may end up with a few friends out of it. The local NCT folk seem really nice - I am going along to social things a couple of times before the babies are born so that I can get to know people and ask advice etc.

vstelfox

Reg: Jul 23rd 2010

Wednesday, July 28th 2010, 3:50pm

thank you ladies for the welcome and the reassurance the pain comes and goes nothing too painful i see midwife on the 2nd for 16 week check so i'll be bombarding her with a load of questions on my aches and pains lol, i went and made my first baby purchase the other day a humpreys baby bath set, which ive seen in the shop for weeks and finally gave in and bought it,

Emuziiui- lovely scan pics and congrats on finding out your having a little boy, my 20 wk scan is 31st august and am hoping we can find out the sex too,
hope everyone else is doing well
vanessa x
1st-icsi BFN :bawl:
2nd-fet BFN :bawl:
3rd- icsi BFP :happy:
edd 17th/01/2011

Thursday, July 29th 2010, 11:42am

Hello everyone

Hope you are all keeping well.

Has anyone had a 4d scan done. I am having one done on Monday when I am 26 weeks - just wondered what anyone thought??
Jo

Thursday, July 29th 2010, 5:15pm

Hi all!

JoJo - I've not had a 4D scan and not sure we will.. but others I have seen are fab.. I bet it will be amazing to see your two!

Ros - be interesting to see what you think to your NCT classes as we're planning on going to some when we move.

AFM, not much happening, still a lot of nausea which I am hoping which ease up soon, but apart from that madly packing ready for our house move!

mollie61

Reg: Apr 15th 2010

Children: None

Friday, July 30th 2010, 1:21pm

Hello Ladies,

Hope room for 1 more in the second trimester!!
Im 15 weeks today from my first ICSI treatment, so excited!!

But i do really feel i worry too much :wacko: ! is anyone else like this?

Also recieved my fetal doppler today which i used and could here the little one!! was so lovely.
Anyone else used a fetal doppler?

Hope everyone is doing well!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxx
bab21
Due 17/01/2010

18/05/2010 :BFP:

Friday, July 30th 2010, 3:45pm

Hi Mollie and welcome to the second tri!

I think we all worry a bit too much sometimes, I know I certainly do!

blowkiss

Reg: Feb 26th 2009

Children: Hartlepool

Friday, July 30th 2010, 7:58pm

Hi All

This is the first time I have posted on the second trimester! I am fourteen weeks on Monday. Having twins and have been suffering with all day and night sickness! Never actually sick well few times but feeling sick all the time. It seems to calming down now! Thank God. However I am on anti-biotics for a water infection which I have had 4 lots of. Anyone else similar?
Have has 12 week scan which we loved seeing the babies and it brings it home! They are really there. Doctor has allowed us a scan at 16 weeks so counting down - only 2 weeks today til then. We also get married on the 14th. I am hoping my dress will still fit with my ever increasing bump!!!!
Does anyone else find the tiredness doesn't disappear? Thank heavens it is school holidays and no work (am a teacher). Woohoo!!!!

Over and out for Now

K xxx
DRAMA QUEEN
1 m/c
2 ectopics both tubes removed
1st cycle IVF, 2 blasto 9.3.09
:BFP: but ended in m/c :sadface:
me 34 DP 41
IVF May 2010 and got :BFP:
2 babies all healthy so far and both boys! :D
SPD for me :bawl: Next scan 7th Jan xfingers for a decision to encourage babies to arrive!

Saturday, July 31st 2010, 8:21am

Hi dramaqueen.. I'm still enjoying morning sickness and nausea and can totally relate to the tiredness as well.. Great you have the school hols off though and a wedding as well.. exciting!!

dmh36

Reg: Mar 2nd 2009

Children: 2 daughters aged 19 and 17, 5 angel babies

Sunday, August 1st 2010, 8:21am

biggrin2 hi jo-jo i'm having 4d scan 2day i'm so excited i'll try n put sum pics on later xx

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 12th 2009

Children: Scarlett Holly born 25/12/2010

Sunday, August 1st 2010, 10:38am

Hey Mollie :) I've used my fetal doppler from around 14 weeks - I absolutely love it - especially now when you can hear the movement (and burst your eardrums) aswell as feel the most faintest of things :D
:heart:
Natural :BFP: June 2011! biggrin2 bab21

Monday, August 2nd 2010, 11:03pm

Hi girls, have had a really achy lower back the last week or so, anyone have any suggestions? I bought a dream geni pillow yesterday so it's a bit early to tell if it's worked and I also am using my gym ball for a bounce around as that seems to ease the pressure. Just wondered if there's anything else that might help. Midwife says it's due to the bump getting big quickly and knocking me out of alignment. Have a 22 week scan tomorrow and am so excited. How did the 4d scans go girls, any piccies for us?

My Diary

Reg: Feb 18th 2010

Tuesday, August 3rd 2010, 7:49am

Hi girls. Not really had any back pain at all from my side of things so cant really help on that one but its so exciting about your scan hopeful, hope it all goes well today.

We had a 4D scan at 16 weeks and piccies are on my diary...We have a rescan this Saturday for free - woo :)

Interesting about the doppler, i'm thinking about getting one now lol although i am trying really hard to aviod unneccesary spend !

On a buying note, a lovely friend of mine has put together a complete checklist for baby on what i'll need, I can mail this if anyone is interested.

Em x

IUI - February 2010 - :BFN:
IUI - March 2010 - :BFP: :boy:
26/11/2010 - baby Samuel born

MY DIARY

Tuesday, August 3rd 2010, 7:34pm

20w scan - worried now

Hi all,

I have just come back from my 20w and am worried now. Firstly the nurse was curt, cold and silent. Didn't say what she was seeing or what she was measuring and why. She got to the heart and stayed there for ages. She was looking for the coronary artery that connects to the bottom of the right side (I think) and couldn't see it. She stayed looking for it for ages and then finally gave up and told me to come back tomorrow!! She said "it's probably fine but I can't say for sure, so best come back when I can get a second look and ask for a second opinion".

By this time I was near tears and couldn't talk. DH asked if she could tell the sex and she gave an exasperated sigh and went to check but legs were crossed so said she can check again tomorrow.

All the other measurements were fine and normal, although I feel she had spent no time on them at all and concentrated on the heart. She didn't even measure the baby's length - is that normal?

And then to add to my worries and fear, right at the end she announced and showed that I have a low lying placenta. One edge covers the birth canal/cervix, so I will need to have another scan at 32 weeks. But she didn't go into details of what a low lying placenta makes me at a higher risk for, just told me it will move up and not to worry about it.

Reg: Apr 19th 2008

Tuesday, August 3rd 2010, 8:16pm

Im sorry to hear your scan was upsetting

I am the same weeks and days as you, and I paid for a private scan 2 weeks ago (so I was 18 weeks). The reason for me doing this is that my bladder is attached to my uterus so my concern is that my bladder could be damaged or stretched. The NHS are not doing anything about it and having a private scan was worth every penny as the lady phoned the NHS and got me a consultant straight away so we can plan for as I get bigger

I too have a low placenta (I found out at my private scan), well she said it was boarder line low. She said this will cause no problem but may mean I have to have a C section but said the NHS would manage this. At my private scan she spent ages on the heart and head of the baby, and at the end gave me a printed off sheet with graphs showing the babys measurements were all within the graphs so all is fine

As this is my first baby I dont know if the NHS work the same as the private scan that I have, I have my 20 week scan next week (when I will be 21w 3d)

Im sure everything will be fine x x x x
:cat:

1x IVF zero fert, 2x ICSI BFN, 1x FET BFN, 1x ICSI early loss

March 2010, FET , :BFP:, we have a little princess x

Tuesday, August 3rd 2010, 8:31pm

Oh NH.. I'm sorry that the scan wasn't great.. the NHS really isn't great sometimes. I hope you get a different scanner tomorrow, could you ask for that? If not, I'd at least ask for explanations of what she is saying..

I had a dreadful 12 week scan and ended up in tears throughout so didn't see much of the scan at all. It's just wrong, they should be so much more considerate to ladies..

I hope tomorrow is so much better for you.

Big hugs xxx

Tuesday, August 3rd 2010, 8:35pm

Oh Nh I'm sorry to hear about the [zx245] you seen today. People in these jobs should bloody well understand how important this is to us, I know they do it every day and probably don't think twice about it but they should have a bit more compassion. Hopefully tomorrow there will be someone else with a bit more cop-on who can give you the proper info. Let us know how you get on. I had my 22w scan today and heard from lots of people that the sonographer was terrific, when dh and I got in she explained everything and then said I'm going to leave you with so and so who is training. I had a bit of a panic but she was very good and the one measurement she couldn't check she got the senior woman to do when she came back in. We seen lots of movement and yes there were some things she lingered over longer than others but she explained it was just to make certain everything was as it should be. I know it doesn't help but at least you know tomorrow you will have a good second opinion and it should put your mind at rest. :xxx3:

My Diary

RosB

Ace

Wednesday, August 4th 2010, 10:02am

Hi Natural Horse - so sorry to hear that your scan was so upsetting, I know how worrying it is when you go for any scan, you are just desperate to hear that everything is ok. It sounds like the lady that you had just didn't understand this at all. I am sure everything will be ok today but if you could ask for a different person to scan you I think that would make a lot of sense. Let us know how it goes today. x

Reg: Nov 7th 2008

Children: None

Wednesday, August 4th 2010, 10:48am

Hi Natural Horse,

Don't worry too much. A) this lady sounds like a grumpy old hag and B) She doesn't sound too qualified (the fact she has to ask other people their opinions.)

I bet everything will be fine with your baba's heart. My SIL had the same thing but had to wait 10 days before she could go back and when she did, everything was fine.

As far as the low lying placenta, they too told me mine was low lying at 20 weeks. And I also will need a scan at 32 weeks. Most women's uterus's push the placenta upwards by 32 weeks so you shouldn't worry too much. And if not, you will need a c section but it will be planned and dignified and you will end up with your healthy baby in your arms.

Hi to everyone else! I haven't posted in so long but love reading your posts all the time. I just wanted to say how proud I am of all of us! 2nd tri, happy babies inside us kicking away. How incredible does it feel to have progressed. Nobody out there will ever really know how hard this journey was but we all share that special knowledge that we carry our "miracle babies."

xxxxx
XXX BellaLove XXX

Feb '10 xfingers Hoping it sticks! xfingers

Reg: May 14th 2009

Children: We are so lucky - our 'Little Wriggler' Lewis Young arrived safely on 03.09.2010 and we are so grateful to have been blessed again, as he now has a little baby brother on the way :o) X

Wednesday, August 4th 2010, 10:54am

Hi GIRLS,

sorry for gatecrashing your thread but I have just popped over to browse from the thrid tri, and thought I would just pop in to give Natural Horse some reassurance about low lying placentas...

...I was told at my 20 week scan that I had a low lying placenta that was coving the entrance to my cervix and I was in a right old panic about it because they told me that I might have to have a c-section!! I went for a growth scan at 28 weeks and it had already moved up out of the way :D I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry about it too much...the sonographer that scanned me said that in the majority of cases it moves out the way naturally as your bump gets bigger, so the chances are that everything will be fine by 32 weeks, as your bump will grow loads over the coming weeks. It sounds like the sonographer was a bit vague and insensitive with you yesterday...perhaps she didn't really know what she was doing (we had one like that!!) I'm sorry she has worried you...hopefully today will be more helpful and you will get some reassurance from a second opinion. Hope it all goes well X

Oct 07 - BFP - M/C
Dec 09 - IVF - BFP - DS#1 EC/S @ 40+6
Feb 12 - BFP - DS#2 @ 41
My Diary

Reg: Sep 28th 2009

Children: A beautiful, miracle FET baby girl

Wednesday, August 4th 2010, 11:01am

Also popping in from 3rd Tri, and I'd echo what Stinker has said, Natural Horse.
Sounds like you got a sonographer who is not only terrible at her job, but who tries to make herself feel better by being a pain in the Arris to her clients.
She shouldn't have scared you over your placenta - it is quite common at your stage for it to be low-lying, and will almost always move up as you grow. But even if it doesn't, as someone else pointed out, it simply means a c-section which is not the end of the world. The most important thing is yours and the baby's health.

Good luck with the follow-up scan. Hopefully you'll get another sonographer and all will become clear. Remember though, this is YOUR scan, so don't let anyone intimidate you, and if you want answers to questions, just lie there until you get them. If they say something you don't understand ask them to explain it in different words.

Thinking of you

January 2010 - Natural FET cycle
Harriet Amelia was born on 16th October 2010 - we are SO happy!!!

Wednesday, August 4th 2010, 11:39am

Hi Girls

NH - So sorry your scan was not the lovely experience it should've been. As someone else said they do it all day long and I don't suppose they realise how special it is for the parents (especially people in our position) but it's no excuse. I hope that today brings you more cheerful news and a better sonographer.

AFM I went to have a 4d scan done on Monday but we couldn't really see anything as there was not much fluid round their faces and as it was twins the sonographer said there just wasn't enough room to get a decent image (didn't charge me though so that's something I suppose) We did get a very small glance at one of their noses which looked ok!!!! Also the pair of them were not looking the right way so it was obviously not meant to be. Had a growth scan yesterday and both babies are slap bang on average, they calculated they were around 2.2lbs each (how does that explain the 26lbs I have gained :chortle: ) Also I am really suffering with swollen feet and ankles particularily on the left leg it looks really attractive!!

How are everyone's plans with the nurseries - Mine is done now we are really pleased with it although it is being used as a bit of a storage room at the moment for all the stuff in boxes, car seats, carrycots, moses stands etc. I have also just about got everything else we need from sleepsuits to thermometers to dummies and even nappies and wipes!!! If anyone wants my list let me know and I will PM you. I have also ordered a gorgeous changing bag and hospital bag - It arrives on Friday so will let you know what it's like but I am sure I am going to love it. Its from the twinsuk website and if you register (which is free) it has a further £20.00 of it - you don't even have to be having twins:

http://www.twinsuk.co.uk/products/101345…tal-bag-travel/

Hope everyone is okay

Jo

Wednesday, August 4th 2010, 3:08pm

Phew!

Hi all,

Thanks so much for your support in the last 24 hours - it has really helped and meant a lot to me.

I went back for the second scan today and it was with a different person. First look showed baby completely in the wrong position. I was told to empty my bladder to see if that would help. And thankfully it did! Heart was much more visible and she checked it thoroughly and said "looks completely normal and I see nothing wrong" - so what a relief.

I also asked her to double check the face as yesterday I didn't think that was looked at carefully. So she zoomed in and everything is where it should be and LO decided that was the moment to open its mouth up super wide for what looked like a yawn. As if to say "go away, I'm bored and stop bothering me!". LOL

Sex was checked again and she said that she was 70% sure it's a bab10

Once again, thanks for all your support, it really helped to calm me down.

Wednesday, August 4th 2010, 3:40pm

So glad you had a better experience today NH. 70% a girl - Are you going to get it 100% confirmed or wait for the surprise??
Jo

Wednesday, August 4th 2010, 3:47pm

Because of the low lying placenta, I get scanned again at 32 weeks and will ask again then. If it is still unsure then, I will wait. I have pretty much bought all the newborn clothes anyway in neutral colours, and I hate the colour pink (lol), so not knowing is fine. Besides LO will live in babygros for the first few weeks of its life, so no need to rush out and buy little dresses. LOL

Nursery colours are a neutral brown - so all's good really. Just need to think of a girl's name now as I had already decided on a boy's name.

Wednesday, August 4th 2010, 3:53pm

See I was the other way round had about 50 girls names (and I love pink) and about 5 boys and what do I get?? 2 Boys, not that I would change them for the world we both love them so much already
Jo

Wednesday, August 4th 2010, 8:27pm

Great news NH, as the song says, 'what a difference a day makes'. Glad all is well. :xxx3:

My Diary

Thursday, August 5th 2010, 6:06am

Glad all went well yesterday NH.. We are the same with names, tons of girls names, but no boys names.. that said, we have two strong contenders now.. just need to wait and see if the babies look like their names when they arrive!!

Fab bag JoJo...

Reg: May 14th 2009

Children: We are so lucky - our 'Little Wriggler' Lewis Young arrived safely on 03.09.2010 and we are so grateful to have been blessed again, as he now has a little baby brother on the way :o) X

Thursday, August 5th 2010, 6:37am

Hi NATURAL HORSE,

just wanted to say that I'm glad it went well yesterday, and that you are feeling reassured and more settled about it all :D How lovely that you are more than likely having a girl...there seems to be a baby :boy: boom in the 3rd Tri at the mo :snigger: X

Oct 07 - BFP - M/C
Dec 09 - IVF - BFP - DS#1 EC/S @ 40+6
Feb 12 - BFP - DS#2 @ 41
My Diary

Thursday, August 5th 2010, 9:02am

Thanks ladies for your support. Last night DH and I sat down and went through baby names and we THINK we have settled on a girl's name now (with one in reserve). I guess the fun now starts and the buying begins!

Clothes are sorted, so no I need to start buying the bulky items. I have had my eye on this baby bath - Flexibath - anyone know of someone who has it? It's more expensive than a bog standard bath but we have lack of storage space, so it seems ideal. Also the plug tells you when the temperature is perfect as well.

Thursday, August 5th 2010, 9:08am

Hi NH

Not seen that bath before but it looks really good - we have gone for the Deluxe Baby Bather-Splish Splash from Mothercare which is a little seat which fits into your own bath. My sister had one for her little boy and she liked it.

http://www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-Del…855041&mcb=core
Jo

RosB

Ace

Thursday, August 5th 2010, 1:24pm

So glad everything went well yesterday NH and your worries were put to rest. Now enjoy getting out there buying all of your purchases!

I am very impressed with how organised you are JoJo - we are nowhere near as prepared as you! I have been gathering all of the freebies that relatives have been passing our way and have bought a few big purchases - buggy, slings, etc. Just need a big trip to mothercare world to get all of the other bits and pieces. I think we will wait for a couple of weeks until our NCT ante natal classes to see what they think is essential from birth. I would be interested to see your list if possible.

Thursday, August 5th 2010, 2:18pm

I would be interested in seeing your list as well JoJo. I have a list of my own, but am more guessing than anything.

Thursday, August 5th 2010, 9:36pm

Hi Girls

I have tried to PM you but it didn't work so apologises for the very long message coming up - but here is my list:

Buggy/Pram
Cots
Moses Baskets + Stands - I have got 4 stands as they were only £12.50 each from Toys R Us and wanted to keep 2 upstairs and 2 downstairs
Bedding for cots, moses baskets & pram
Car Seats
Mirror for car to see babies in the back
sunshades for car (probably wont need as it will be winter time we give birth)
Umbrella for buggy (as above)
Rain cover for buggy/pram - probably WILL need lol
cellular blankets
fleece blankets
long sleeve sleepsuits ( I have got about 10 each for newborn age)
Cap sleeve vests (I have got about 7 each at the moment)
Scratch mittens
hats
coming home from hospital outfits
Bath/Bath Seat
Shampoo + Body Wash
Nipple Cream
Nappy Cream
Wipes
Nappies
Cotton Wool
Cotton Buds
Bottles
Steraliser
Bottle Brush
Baby Scissors
Baby Hairbrush
Mobiles for cots
Black Out Blinds - I am hoping not to use this as I don't want to encourage them to only sleep in the dark but just in case....
Nappy Bin/Nappy Sacks
Sponges
Bath Towels/Cuddle Robes
Bibs
Dummies
Muslins
Bath thermometer
Room Thermometer
Ear/Head Thermometer
Gro Bags if you intend to use - I have bought 2 1 togs and 2 2.5 togs
Swaddle sheets if you intend to - I haven't bought these but will do if they are not good sleepers
Maternity Pants - NICE!!!
Maternity Pads - Even nicer!!
Breast Pads
Monitors
Aspirator
Feeding cushion - I haven't got this yet but will probably get the twin one you got Ros
Changing Bag
Changing Mat - I have got 2 one for upstairs and one for downstairs
I also have a folding changing table I can keep downstairs as well as a built in one on their drawers in their nursery

Hopsital Bag

Nighties/dressing gown
Slippers
underwear
hand fan
hair bands - think we may get sweaty!!!
brush
mirror
wash stuff
flannel
paracetomols!!!!
muslins
nappies
cream
bottles
milk
cotton wool
nappy sacks
Towel
Camera
mobile phone + charger
money
maternity towels
breast pads
maternity knickers
dummies
bibs
muslins
vests
hat
sleepsuits
mittens
outfit to come home in - you and baby/babies

Once you get home:

Match sticks to keep your eyes open
Massive stock of tea bags/Coffee/Milk - And a sneaky glass of wine think we have deserved it by then!!!
Hubbie/Boyfriend to wait on you

Think that's it for now

Jo

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jo

Thursday, August 5th 2010, 11:27pm

Thanks for that Jo, I like your list. I really think the glass of wine should be obligatory in the hospital bag and then when you get home :snigger:

Just a tip a friend gave, get an old and or cheap (ie primark) nightdress for labour because you'll never want to wear it again and won't mind it getting covered in all sorts!

My Diary

RosB

Ace

Friday, August 6th 2010, 8:57am

Thanks for posting your list up JoJo - wow you are so organised. What are your thoughts on their sleeping arrangements? We have been told it is fine to sleep them together in one cot for a while and definitely in our room with us. So I am not sure about the moses baskets - my Mum has offered to buy us some which would be lovely but I am not sure how much we will use them. Also I don't think you have got bouncy chairs on your list - I thought I read that you had bought some, if so which ones? Can you use bouncy chairs from birth? We are also buying some slings - for both walking around the house with them if they are crying and getting outside for short walks.

PS. the glass of wine/ champagne is definitely obligatory!

4 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

4 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE