You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

chalmers206

Superstar

Reg: Feb 5th 2007

Children: my beatufil boy born on 22/4/10

Thursday, December 10th 2009, 11:57am

hi all,

Just popping by quickly to say good luck Vezza i think it will be a bab11 for you.

Cant wait to find out xx
2ND ES/ICSI AUG 09 = :BFP
THOMAS JOHN (TJ) BORN 22/4/10
DEC 2012 :BFP:
ONE BEAUTIFUL [zx076] SEEN 9/1/13

Reg: Jul 17th 2009

Children: William - born 16.05.2010 :)

Thursday, December 10th 2009, 1:30pm

Vezza hope your scan went well, bab10 or bab11 thats is the question :hmm:
So sorry about your brother :cuddle

Steff- Thats mankind for you- My Dh normally going shopping for my present on 24.12... This time he booked us holiday as My treat so I cannot moan.

Roxy weekend away sounds lovelly [zx084]

xx
Klaudia
IVF 2009- :BFP: my DS born may 2010 lurve
IVF 2013- :BFP: DD born 29.12.2013
Good luck everyone :xxx3:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "inik29" (Dec 10th 2009, 1:31pm)

Vezza

Star

Reg: Oct 17th 2005

Children: Baking a little Twinkle at the moment......

Thursday, December 10th 2009, 3:27pm

I'm back from my scan finally and it was horrible.

Good news I hasten to add but horrible experience.

The sonography was an A grade numpty and had the personality of a walnut!
He said loads that scared us out of our wits about problems with the bowel and heart but turns out that he was wrong and that there is nothing to worry about. All good and I ended up blowing my top at him. I will put the full story in my diary but just wanted to give the good news here first.

Got naff pictures as, well he put it, your baby is a very awkward and subborn little thing (nice huh) so got a refund but going to have a 4d scan anyway so not really bothered about that.

Found out as well that we are having..........drum roll please........ a girl!!!!

Well blow me down with a feather. I thought boy all along but no, girl. Super happy as could not care less either way. Weee heee!!!! I am having a baby. A proper real baby!

phew

x

5 August got a natural out of the blue:BFP: after 7 years of trying!!! How the heck did THAT happen - oh yeah by losing weight :D

Dreams really can come true.......

chalmers206

Superstar

Thursday, December 10th 2009, 3:45pm

hi vezza,

thats terrible the guy sounds like a complete twat.

Oh thats great a girl, i thought that at first then changed my mind.

cant wait to see pics xx

Thursday, December 10th 2009, 4:14pm

Ohh little princes - I can imagine all the pink dresses already baby8- congratulations Vezza biggrin2
Klaudia

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "inik29" (Dec 10th 2009, 4:15pm)

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Thursday, December 10th 2009, 4:40pm

Yey Vezza!!! A Girly!!!! Congratulations!!! I think it makes it sooooooo much more real!! What a kn*b of a sonographer though.

Steff - This is true, maybe I'll just stay here instead! Its safe in here!! My nipples are also doing the same thing as yours. Its so strange. What sort of cat is she? Mine have nearly stopped moulting now cos its winter and luckily aren't scatty, they just fight every now and then! Its hard to decide, especially as you've had her so long. If you're sure you want to get rid of her I'd put an advert in the paper and make sure you check the people who want her will look after her.

Jess - Yey for sexy time!!!

Hi to Everyone else!!

AFM - Been to Antenatal today on Breathing, relaxation and birth. Was really good. Put all about it in my diary so won't bore you all on here!!

Does anyone know why your tummy goes rock hard sometimes???

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Reg: Feb 17th 2009

Children: Ashley my little gift, 3 years old

Thursday, December 10th 2009, 4:56pm

WOW VEZZAS HAVING A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!

i knew u were i had a feeling!
go back and beat the man with ur worry whitches broom haha

Flic my stomach goes hard sometimes aswel i read it could be braxton hicks but my doc said u dont get that till near the end, but i think everybodys different and ppl might get it earlyer i think iv had it because it says to make it go away get up and walk around which i did and it went back to normal.
and i put my cat in the paper today had a call from a woman and then she phoned back and said no she doesnty want her, how rude not wanting my pudder cat!

so pleased for u vezza what u gonna call her then? im getting annoyed i cant think of any boys names i like
bab22

Steffani

jilly

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Thursday, December 10th 2009, 5:16pm

Steff - I've literally just read that!! Apparently at the top just where your ribs are should be squishy if its braxton hicks and hard in the other places!! How scary. That means that its actually gonna happen!!

How rude of that lady.

Vezza - Steff is right, we need names.

torr

Ace

Reg: Jun 4th 2009

Children: 1 little girl 7 years born natural

Thursday, December 10th 2009, 5:33pm

Yay Vezza a girl, what fab newsXXXxx

Reg: Mar 9th 2009

Children: Christian

Thursday, December 10th 2009, 6:56pm

Another girl here in the second tri, yay so happy for you Vezza!!

Flic, what a huge coincidence as I can tell you that I am also 5'2 and DH is 6'3 :snigger: Although he can still me move me around if he gets the chance, I will be looking forward to se if he can when my bump gets bigger.

Roxy a romantice get away sounds fab, when is it?
Betti
2nd ICSI - April 2009 BFN
3rd ICSI - Aug 2009:BFP:

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Thursday, December 10th 2009, 6:57pm

Betti - You just wait!! You will also get the 'look'!! Its a sort of look of suprise and not wanting to say that we're heavier!!

Reg: Mar 9th 2009

Children: Christian

Thursday, December 10th 2009, 7:19pm

oh so much looking forward to that Flic :snigger:
Betti
2nd ICSI - April 2009 BFN
3rd ICSI - Aug 2009:BFP:

Thursday, December 10th 2009, 8:15pm

HAHAHA the look, it just says it all, u can tell exactly what hes thinking cant u.
i just laughed as i read it and hes sat next to me dont wanna tell him what its about tho haha

cmon then people, whats a nice boys name, i want trendy, unique but not chavvy!

xxxxx
bab22

Steffani

jilly

chalmers206

Superstar

Thursday, December 10th 2009, 8:24pm

hi all,

I have had my names picked for yoears, for a boy its Thomas John (Tj for short), and for a girl its Teagan.

For a boy i also like Brandon Lee and Bailey, but they dont go with my surname.

For a girl i also liked Sarah, Sophie, Darcy and Kimberley.

What do you think of these names?

torr

Ace

Friday, December 11th 2009, 6:41am

Morning all, Im up soo early already took the dog for a walk and Boe to school grrr why do they have to do things so early over here, Boe gets the bus for school at 6.45 usually DH drops her off but today he decided to have a lie in grrrrr give me some sympathy please!!!! :snigger:
Flic you were right I do miss my Mum now that shes gone!!!
Flic Steff betti, my hubby is not so tall but yep I know that look :innocent:
Roxy where you going for your romantic weekend im soo greenXx
Steff Im finding it so dificult on the name front, DH's new one is Leon, I still love Lennon, FIL is called Horace and DH has mentioned it X( nooo way.
I love Liberty for a girl Libby for short, also Rosie and Daisy.
Im off to Ikea today FIL and MIL are coming over for Xmas for a MONTH and need to fill this house up a bit.
Vezzza sorry about your brotherXXxxxxxx

Vezza

Star

Reg: Oct 17th 2005

Children: Baking a little Twinkle at the moment......

Friday, December 11th 2009, 7:42am

Morning all,

Thank you all f much for your congratulations and for putting up with me being a worry wart. News is starting to sink in and DH came home last night after his night shift and snuggled up in bed and asked how he girls are doing. It was so sweet :O

Can't believe it is 10 whole years since my brother passed today. It has gone so fast. Going to the crematorium before the work christmas do. It is quite a good mix of a day really and should help. Seeing mum and dad on Sunday as they like to have me close around this time as mum is sort of scitty really. That is the only way I can describe it. Still, gone but not forgotten. That is what I say.

Sorry girlies, you will be getting no names from me before the big day. This is one of DH's requests that I can actually live with. First of all he didn't want to buy anything incase of jinxing things but I have got him out of that :snigger: Then he said that he didn't want to buy the cot or the pram before the baby came. Talked out of that too but the pram won't be in the house. But, I can't shift him on the name front. Even said yesterday that I can't say about the boy name just in case the sonographer was wrong or we use it for the next baby. NEXT BABY!!!!! Behave - it has taken us 7 years to get this one. I will be getting my pension before any next one ideas. Bless him.

All the names you have mentioned are lovely though and isn't it exciting getting to decide on these things rather than listen to other people having those conversations. Still very surreal though :D

Ok - time for some work before nipping out and then the christmas do.

Happy Friday everyone!

x

5 August got a natural out of the blue:BFP: after 7 years of trying!!! How the heck did THAT happen - oh yeah by losing weight :D

Dreams really can come true.......

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Friday, December 11th 2009, 2:37pm

Hello everyone,

Boys names, I like Harrison (reminds me of a doctor or someone clever) Conrad, Joshua, George, Albert.

Vezza - I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. My Dad died 5 years ago and is buried in the Ukraine (long story) so I've never been to his grave. I don't even know where they buried him. But like you said, gone but not forgotten. Have a good party tonight. I've also put a big mardy in your diary!

AFM - I think my bump has grown. I looked down and it looks a lot bigger today. More out. May have to examine myself in front of the mirror.

Reg: Jun 30th 2009

Children: Im having a baby!

Friday, December 11th 2009, 3:02pm

Hello ladies and growing bumps

Sorry I havent been on all this week, my brain doesnt seem to be working!

Congratulations Vezza on a baby girl, i bet your so please. I love the fact that you can now refer to your tummy as a she now :happy:

I felt my little girl kick for the first time on Tuesday morning whilst I was in bed. I didnt know what I was feeling at first and then I poked my fingers in my tummy several times at different locations and each time I felt the kick where my fingers were!!! I was so excited. I then took her to listen to PINK at the O2 on Tuesday evening and I think she got the hump with me as I didnt feel her kick again until this morning (Again when I was in bed) :snigger:

As for names i like Spencer for a boy and Phoebe for a girl.

I have my Christmas Party tonight which I have organised and will be sober throughout!!! Sometimes I can really taste the crispness of a Vodka and Slimline Tonic with Ice and lemon :happy:

I will try and read all the other posts later and send you all a message over the weekend.

Hope you all have a good weekend

XXX
Sandy

TTC - 5 Years
3 x Clomid - :BFN:
1st ICSI Aug 09 - :BFP:

at last im a mummy to a beautiful little gir Phoebe

Friday, December 11th 2009, 3:18pm

Hey everyone,

ive worked so hard today just finished and am knackered, back is killing me!

Flic after i put the ad in the paper about my cat ive had 2 calls and a lovely sounding lady is coming to get her tomorow, itl be sad and DH called me a B**ch but im thinking of the baby and she will probably have a better life with these people as she said she just lost a cat and she thinks of them as a member of her family and would be very loved so im sure she will be happy, i will just shout at her every time she goes near my little man and lock her outside, so i think im doing whats best.
gonna be so hard tho!

DH thought of the name Drake last night he seems to rly like it and it seems hes thinking were gonna call him that but im not too sure i think it sounds a bit too harsh for a little baby. i really wanted Austin but he wont let me have it becuase his friends girlfriends surname is austin and it will remind him of her so im annoyed about that cos i love it, the other one i love is Cohen, but he doesnt like that so i told him im just gonna name him it and he doesnt get a choice haha

What did u get in ikea Torr?

flic, measure ur bump!

xxxxxxxx
bab22

Steffani

jilly

Germany

Reg: Nov 12th 2007

Children: Twin boys born April '10 thanks to ICSI

Friday, December 11th 2009, 5:04pm

Sorry I wont mention everyone, as too much going on....

Vezza, how lovely that you're having a girl. I hope that today isn't too hard for you.

Torr, parents with you for a month, that's a long time! My mum comes to stay every 6 months for 4 or 5 nights and it's great to see her but having any guests is always a bit tiring I find. Maybe because when you have visitors for a short period of time you have to entertain them the whole time.

Flic and Betti, as we've been doing some self/DH height comparisons, I'm 5'6.5" (that half inch is very important!), and DH is 6'9". He hasn't tried moving me around, but I think he might struggle now :snigger:.

Sandy, that's funny, you poking your fingers in your belly to feel the kick.

Steff, your cat's new owner sounds lovely, hope you don't miss her too much.

I'm going to keep our name choices quiet until they're here too, the list is far too short at the moment and the ones we like are way too popular. We've got about 4 baby name books, 3 German ones and 1 English one, I guess we're too fussy. I found one really old-fashioned German name that I found quite amusing but isn't actually an option, 'Dagobert'. We have too many constraints, we don't want their names to begin with 'A' or their initials would be 'AA', our surname has 4 syllables so the first name should ideally have only 1 or 2 syllables. Names with 'th' in them are out, as Germans prounounce it 't', and lots of other pronunciation problems. We'll get there in the end!

Have a nice weekend everyone...

4x IUI
Mar 08 IVF BFN
Jun 08 ICSI BFN
Sep 08 ICSI BFN
Oct 08 FET BFN
Apr 09 ICSI brief BFP
Aug 09 ICSI :BFP:

Me 40, DH 38

Our dream came true,

Lukas and Finn were born 13/04/10 at 36w6d biggrin2
My diary

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Friday, December 11th 2009, 6:12pm

Hello,

Steff - Pleased that the lady sounded nice. Did you explain to her why you're re-homing her? I hope she's good.

Sandy - Ooooh, its strange feeling kicks isn't it!! I only had then when I was lying down but now its getting crazy. Have a good time at your party tonight!!

Claire - Have a good weekend.

AFM - I examined my bump in the mirror and it is definately bigger. Its popped out more and my belly button is definetely on its way out. Steff I measured around my bump and I am 42 inches!!! 42 INCHES!!!! I've not measured my bump properly but the midwife will do that next week.

I am 28 weeks tomorrow. This is getting serious now!

Saturday, December 12th 2009, 5:58pm

42 inches? wow, i might go and measure mine now!
the lady didnt turn up for my cat, i was getting a bit upset about her going aswel and then she didnt come which i was sort of pleased in a way cos i wanted to keep her after, its best she went tho for little man!
bab22

Steffani

jilly

Jess

Ace

Reg: Feb 18th 2009

Children: One amazing 18mth old daughter.

Monday, December 14th 2009, 8:30am

Hmmmmm, taken me a while to get used to the new site! Thought I'd posted a message then couldn't remeber my login details so lost it :sadface: This'll have to be a shorter one as I have to get ready for work. It's been quiet on here over the weekend.

DH and I put our tree and decs up so it's all feeling a bit more festive now :D Most pressies wrapped and under the tree too.

Has anyone else had trouble sleeping? On Friday night I went to bed about 1am (after my work xmas do) and was wide awake at 3.30am - for AGES. Then last night it took me hours to get to sleep. I don't think it's cos I'm uncomfy as I bought a big long bolster pillow thing at the weekend which is nice and supportive. My mind's not worrying about anything but seems to just want to be awake ?(

Oh well, enough grumbling, I'd better get ready for work.

Hope you all have a good week.

:xxx3:
Jess
Me 33 DH 33
TTC 5 years
6 IUI 07-8 All BFN
IVF#1 March 2009 BFN
IVF#2 Aug 2009 :BFP:

Ellie Jean born 12/4/10 - our amazing little daughter

torr

Ace

Monday, December 14th 2009, 8:41am

Hi Jess yep Im trying to get used to this site too, very confusing!!
I cant help you with sleeping as I just wanna sleep all the time!!
Had a fab weekend, walking in the woods with the dog and decorating my bedroom and preparing the spare room for inlaws with lovely things from Ikea trip.
I have also bought my first baby thing which is a mechanical swing, my freind was selling it for 40euro so grabbed it and now it is sitting in a room all on its own waiting for other baby cute things to go with it!! Boe put her doll in so its not so lonely giggle............its maaaaaddddddd that a baby is gonna be in there soon!!.
Steff whats next on the agenda for the cat??
Flic Im off to measure mine yikes
I just been having a smooch round and found that 2mums and Bunty are preggers (although I saw that bunty was preggers a few weeks ago) this has really made my dayXX Yay

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Monday, December 14th 2009, 9:33am

Hello Everyone!!

Steff - Its hard. Do what you think is best. At the end of the day it will be the right decision.

Jess - I'm finding it hard to sleep but I think its more to being uncomfortable and needing to pee all the time.

Torr - How exciting!! I've hardly bought anything yet.

Get measuring girls. I want to know how big everyone is!!!

chalmers206

Superstar

Monday, December 14th 2009, 12:16pm

hi all,

I had a bit of a scare last night, i was out at work and i slipped on the ice. I landed on my bum but i was really panicking incase i had hurt my wee baba so i went to the maternity triage. They took my blood pressure, checked urine and listened to the wee ones heartbeat. Thankfully everything is fine. The wee hear was beating away like mad. I was so relieved.

Dh kept saying i would me fine, but i just wanted to make sure. My boss never even bothetred when i told him i had fell, and he expected me to work on, but i just said no way.

My mum was panicking too, and she says i should leave my job the now as the weather is just gonig to get worse. But i need the money so will try and hold off till Feb at least.

Anyway enough of my troubles hope you all have a good day, i am staying in the house as my leg and bum are killing me lol xx

Germany

Monday, December 14th 2009, 12:40pm

yay, for once not so many posts to catch up on, although I did read through a few that I had somehow missed before.

Kat, that sounds scarey, slipping on the ice, it was very sensible to get checked out as you never know. I get worried that I squash the babies sometimes, when I struggle to reach something on the floor, so falling would be really worrying.

Flic, right, I'm going to measure my bump now, not really sure where to measure, is it where the waist should be? right I measured, where my waist is, it's 38", but my bump is bigger a bit lower down, so a couple of inches below my waist I am 42" round.

Torr, that's cute that Boe put her doll in the baby swing. Is she excited about having a baby brother? We will soon have a maxi-cosi. One of DH's brothers didn't know what to get us for Christmas, so he asked if he could get that (meant to be present when the babies come), so we said ok, even though we don't really want to get major stuff until after the anomaly scan. We'll leave it in the box for now anyway.

Jess, I've had trouble sleeping too. It used to be so nice going to bed, and being all comfy, but now it's such a struggle to move around and I am much more restless. I have a long breast-feeding pillow to prop my leg up on which eases my hips, but I often wake up either with loads of pain from the extra pressure on my hip (it goes all red), or find I'm on my back which is bad. Then I don't fall asleep so easily, and I'm dreaming loads which makes me feel like I haven't properly been asleep. Still, it'll all be worth it!

Steff, have you decided about your cat yet, might she yet stay? Maybe you can somehow train her to be less crazy (not sure how possible that is with cats though!)

AFM, I'm pleased that my compression stockings seem to have started working. I actually saw the bones in my left ankle again (that's the worst one), so I'm hoping that it'll continue to improve. Was supposed to have acupuncture today, but it's been cancelled which I'm a bit disappointed about, as now it wont be until 4th Jan. I like the new site design so far, especially how much easier it is to pick the smileys you want (she says, having written an entire post without any :snigger: )

4x IUI
Mar 08 IVF BFN
Jun 08 ICSI BFN
Sep 08 ICSI BFN
Oct 08 FET BFN
Apr 09 ICSI brief BFP

Me 40, DH 38

Our dream came true,

My diary

Reg: Jun 26th 2009

Children: Repromed

Monday, December 14th 2009, 1:42pm

Hi guys,

Just a quick one from me tonight as its just gone midnight has hubbys xmas party tonight !!

Had a great break in Sydney was so nice to get away nice to be home tho as missed my bed and dogs lol

Had my scan today and i am pleased to say its a bab22 we both really happy and now cant wait to meet him.

Will catch up with you all tomorrow take care guys speak soon xx
Kelly xx

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Monday, December 14th 2009, 2:16pm

Kelly - Congratulations on your baby boy!!! Soooo exciting!! Pleased you had a nice time away too.

Claire - the 43'' sounds about right, especially as you're having 2!! Pleased the socks are working too. That is good news.

Kat - I'm so sorry you fell, I fell a couple of weeks ago straight forward and it is just soooooo scary. Pleased LO is ok and you got checked out.

Monday, December 14th 2009, 6:51pm

Hey girlies,
I was scared last night, thought FZ was gone forever and i lost all of u lovely ppl.

congratulations Kelly on having a boy! x

I have a problem, and i think its gross.......my boobs are leaking!!
it started last night i had really stingy nipples and so i looked at them and i had this white spot of liquid on them and i wiped it off it was only a tiny spot and then a tiny bit more came back but no more after that, then ive just come home and took my bra off and theres loads of clear fluid coming out of them, i think its horrible, it made me gag a little bit.
whys it happening so early??

xxxxxx
bab22

Steffani

jilly

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Monday, December 14th 2009, 6:57pm

Steff - you are nearly in 3rd tri!! Its not that early!! You must have good boobs. It is a bit gross but I've been worrying that I'm not gonna make enough milk cos I'm not leaking. Get some breast pads honey. It may slow down. Your body is just getting ready for baby coming. Don't worry about it and don't look!!

Monday, December 14th 2009, 7:02pm

haha dont look yeah that would help!
they are so sore aswel, god just how much milk will there be by time hes born.
yeah am i in third tri after next week??
your there already arnt u. dont move over yet! we need u here!
xxxx
bab22

Steffani

jilly

Reg: Sep 7th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful wee son!

Monday, December 14th 2009, 7:12pm

Steff don't worry its normal I have been leaking from 18 weeks!!! have to wear breast pads now every day just incase!!!!!

xx

January 09 - clomid 50mg & metformin - :BFN:
Feb/March 09 Clomid 100mg & metformin - :BFP:
2nd April - M/C :bawl:
May 09 Clomid 100mg & metformin - :BFN:
June 09 Clomid 100mg & metformin - :BFP:
23rd July Scan 6weeks+4 - One healthy :heart:
27th Aug Scan 11weeks+5 - One lively little baby kicking and waving
20 week Scan all good!
16th Dec Growth Scan - weighing 2pounds 4oz!!

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Monday, December 14th 2009, 7:33pm

Steff - I daren't move. Its too scary!! Like Vezza said, they have babies over there!! I may just pop in and have a nose about but stay here forever!!

Suzy - Now I am a bit worried. Should my boobs be leaking by now??

United Kingdom

Reg: May 13th 2009

Children: One gorgeous little boy called Daniel

Monday, December 14th 2009, 11:30pm

Hello ladies

Its been ages since I could get on here, firstly I was out Thurs, Fri & Sat nights and I think the site was down then Saturday/Sunday. Just about caught up on all the posts, far too many for personals except to say congrats to Vezza for having a little girl...how exciting. However despite no personals its good to see everyone is getting on ok.

Its got late now I've caught up though and only have enough energy to say I hope everyone has a good week and I'm off to bed...hopefully I will be able to get back on here again tomorrow for a proper catch up!

Speak soon xx

United Kingdom

Reg: May 13th 2009

Children: One gorgeous little boy called Daniel

Monday, December 14th 2009, 11:40pm

I know I said I was off to bed & I am but have just realised something...just had a nosey around the new layout and realised that I first registered on this site on 13th May 2009 & our baby is due 13th May 2010...how freaky is that!!

Anyway thats enough tittle tattle from me but just wanted to share that thought xx

Jess

Ace

Tuesday, December 15th 2009, 7:38am

Morning morning,

Kat, I hope you're feeling better after that fall - poor you, what a worry. Glad the hospital reassured you.

I've not measured my bump yet, but then I'm a bit behind you Flic, so might wait a bit!

Lynne, good to hear from you, sounds like you've been busy.

I slept a bit better last night - mostly cos I was so pooped after the weekend's rubbich sleeps I think, but hopefully once I get more used to this pillow it'll be easier.

I had a quiet day at work yesterday (yay!) so spent a while working out maternity leave - dates, pay etc and I'm quite excited now - once we go back to work after xmas it'll come around so soon I reckon - great, but a bit scary too!

Jess
Me 33 DH 33
TTC 5 years
6 IUI 07-8 All BFN
IVF#1 March 2009 BFN

Tuesday, December 15th 2009, 11:05am

Hello ladies.

Only week to Xmas!! xmas40 how exciting!!

Hope you all ok xx
Klaudia

Germany

Tuesday, December 15th 2009, 11:12am

:hi:
as we're talking leaky boobs, mine have been for a couple of weeks now. I was surprised at first, but now I think it's cool! From a quick scan on the internet, looks like it doesn't happen to everyone so everything is fine!

Tonight DH and I are going out for his work Christmas meal. It's more a 'duty' thing than a fun evening out, but it still could be interesting as he hasn't told his bosses yet that I am pregnant so it'll be a surprise when they see me :D

4x IUI
Mar 08 IVF BFN
Jun 08 ICSI BFN
Sep 08 ICSI BFN
Oct 08 FET BFN
Apr 09 ICSI brief BFP

Me 40, DH 38

Our dream came true,

My diary

Tuesday, December 15th 2009, 11:58am

Im glad im not alone with the leaky boobies.
Seems like lots of u are goin to christmas doos this week.
Im not!

Iv had my mum on the phone twice this week trying to force me to let her be a birth partner when i give birth, when ive told her from the start i only want it to be me and |DH as its personal, shes doing my head in she keeps saying u need me and luke wont know what to do!....thats what the midwife is for...aaarrggghhh. why cant ppl just keep out of things.

anyway, bump seems massive today! yay hes growing.
xxxxxx
bab22

Steffani

jilly

Germany

Tuesday, December 15th 2009, 12:15pm

Sounds like you've got to be firm with your mum there Steff! There's no way I'd have my mum in with me when I've got DH to hold my hand (that's all they do right? :snigger: ). Try telling her that absolutely no-one has their mum in with them (I've no idea whether that's true or not), or that it's hospital policy or something and that she will be allowed to see you very soon after the baby is born.

4x IUI
Mar 08 IVF BFN
Jun 08 ICSI BFN
Sep 08 ICSI BFN
Oct 08 FET BFN
Apr 09 ICSI brief BFP

Me 40, DH 38

Our dream came true,

My diary

chalmers206

Superstar

Tuesday, December 15th 2009, 2:35pm

Hi all,

Glad you are all doing well. I am ok now after my fall, just a bit sore. Spent all day in bed yesterday it was great.

Steff- My mum wants to be there with me too wehen i give birth, but i dont know how i feel about it, it has always been her dream to see her grandchild born, so i dont really think i can say no. But i agree it is personal especially as dh and i have waited so long for this baby, we want it to be a special moment. But i supppose it would still be special even with my mum there.

torr

Ace

Tuesday, December 15th 2009, 3:04pm

Hi all, my Mums coming over to look after Boe for a week while Im in hospital and thats bad enough, and I dont know how on earth she will time it, with flights and being picked up from the airport though.
My mum was with me when I started contractions when I was induced with Boe and she said "dont be so dramatic" when I was having a contraction and rolled her eyes at the nurse, I told her to go home!!
Steff tell your Mum she can be the first visitor hehehehe, Kat think hard as I also thought my Mum being there would be nice.......................
My boobs are not leaking but sometimes do in the bath.
Klaudia one week till xmas dont get me panicking!!
Lynn you sound busy
Claire have fun at xmas doo, Steff I aint going to any Xmas doos either apart from english xmas dinner with the English/Bamberg language club yep sounds as exciting as it sounds......not

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Tuesday, December 15th 2009, 3:25pm

Hiya girlies,

I'm having my Mum there as we are really close and I think she'd be a good support for me. She's a nurse too so I know she'll make sure I'm looked after, but I think that if I did get a bit out of it she'll be able to keep me focused and encourage me. DH is going to be there too but he's more funny and he'll be making me laugh and stuff. My Mum is the person I go to when I'm poorly or when I've hurt myself so for me I want her there. My friend had her fella and her sister because she just can't rely on her Mum at all and that worked brilliantly for her. But everyone is different. Steff - Be firm with her, at the end of the day its your body and your baby.

Claire - Thanks for that info, I don't feel as left out now I'm not leaking.

I've made the jump to 3rd tri now too but will still keep coming in here all the time. I'll miss you guys!!!

Tuesday, December 15th 2009, 5:59pm

We will miss u too Flic, i wont be too far behind u tho!

my mum phoned again being forceful about it saying i have to put it in my birth plan that she can come in, i said NO il put it down ur not allowed in and she said well im gonna wait outside the door then i said im telling the nurses to tell her to leave and said im not trying to be nasty i just dont want u there!

xxx
bab22

Steffani

jilly

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Tuesday, December 15th 2009, 6:33pm

Well done Steff on being forceful!

Why does she want to be there anyway?? Does she have any particular reason??

I'll miss you too!!

chalmers206

Superstar

Tuesday, December 15th 2009, 6:44pm

quite right steff about telling your mum.

We will miss you Flic xxx

roxy7

Star

Reg: Dec 1st 2008

Children: DS born 11/06

Tuesday, December 15th 2009, 6:55pm

Hi Ladies, back from a long weekend away and struggling to work out the new format and catch up! It was lovely to get away, we spent two nights with the inlaws then left our son with them and had two night in a hotel in shropshire. Not a lot going on there so we spent the time just chilling, eating, reading and reacqainting IYKWIM.

The bed wasn't too comfy though, unfortunately (we're spoiled with memory foam mattresses at home) so I feel just as tired - but it was nice to spend some time alone with my lovely OH. I'm getting really uncomfortable now generally, lots of aches and pains around my bump. Going out tonight with a group of girlfriends/other mums and looking forward to it but don't know how I'll muster the energy.

Sorry to hear about your fall Kat and glad you're okay. I got knocked off my bicycle when I was 7 months pregnant with my son and he was fine - amazing our bodies - now I just can't believe I was mad enough to ride a bike on the road during pregnancy - I'm much more risk averse these days!

Steff, I'd be very surprised if your mum was allowed into theatre with you I had a caesarean and they would only let one person in and that was my OH (mum had to wait outside) although hospitals have different policie and may allow more in the less medicalised areas of the hospital. In any case - it's your choice who's in at the birth with you. I'm feeling pretty annoyed on your behalf for how inconsiderate your mum's being. Well done for being firm with her.

I suppose I'd better get ready now.... I'm soooo tired. Just wanna go to bed.

R x

Me 41, DP 42
Diagnosis PCOS and old age!
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
FET 08/09 :BFP:
cs booked for 20/04/10

torr

Ace

Wednesday, December 16th 2009, 6:17am

MorningXx
Noo everybody deserting for 3rtd try, Flic Ill miss you but wont be long for me either as time is going soo fast!!
Steff well done for being strong with Mum
Vezza like me happy 23 weeksXXXxxx
Roxy sounds like you had a lovely weekend, nice and relaxing bliss...
Anybody watch the Amanda holden thing on telly when she was a midwife ...yikes scary stuff DH said noooo way you having a natural birth!!!
AFM, baby kicking loads at the mo, and Im getting all xmassy by baking buiscuits and lots of other German specialities for the inlaws coming on Friday.
DH and I have just found out that one of our fields at the back of us is still been rented out to a farmer by the old owner, we are horrified as its been sown with corn so cut a long story short we are a bit stressed, this is a long line of things that the old owner has failed to tell us including the lake also being rented out, but thats all sorted, trying not to think about it grrrrrrrrrrrrr cheeky monkeys!!!
Have a lovely day girlys and bumpsXX

Jess

Ace

Wednesday, December 16th 2009, 7:43am

Morning all,

Bbbbrrrrrr, it's chilly! I've had to put my thermals on as our office gets really cold by late afternoon :sadface: Really could have stayed snuggled in bed today.....

Torr, sorry you've had some stresses with the new place. I'm v jealous of your lovely baking - I can just imagine all those lovely xmassy smells wafting around. Although I think I'd probably have eatn everything before the inlaws arrived :snigger: You and Vezza 23 weeks - wow! I'm 22 weeks and that really surpised me. The time's flown since our scan and I had it in my head I was 21 wks, so when I checked yesterday it was a shock!

Roxy, your weekend away sounds fab. Hope your night out was good and you weren't too tired.

Flic, don't go!!! We will miss you loads. But, I guess you can check it out over there and let us know how it is!

Steff, stay strong with your mum. She may think she's only doing what's best for you, but you have to stick to how you feel and if you want just you and DH there then that's the way it must be. I feel for you though hun.

Kat, hope your day in bed eased the aches from your fall. Take it easy.

Love to everyone else.

xmas30

Jess
Me 33 DH 33
TTC 5 years
6 IUI 07-8 All BFN
IVF#1 March 2009 BFN

3 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

3 guests