You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Dec 27th 2008

Monday, June 21st 2010, 8:58pm

Welcome Kelly and congratulations on your BFP. I hope your sickness eases off completely over the next few days and that you can start to relax a little. 14wks is early to feel movements, but they may just have been in a good position. I'm sure it won't be long until you get regular movements - how exciting!

I hope everyone else is well - just wondering if any others are brave enough to put a bump pic up yet?? Kirstin's is looking fab and I definitely have bump envy!

ICSI Dec 08 & June 09 BFN, ICSI Dec 09 :BFP: Our miracle son born 1st Oct 2010

Reg: Sep 26th 2009

Children: Herts&Essex

Monday, June 21st 2010, 9:03pm

Hello Everyone

I am back from Majorca today which was lovely, nice and relaxing. I have read all your posts and am glad to hear you are all well and LOs moving etc etc. Personaly I still haven't felt anything although I am sure everything is okay as my bump is now growing quite rapidly. For a while I was able to pull off the "slightly chubby" look but now I definately look pregnant!!! I have my 20w scan on Thursday this week (I will be 20+4 by then) We are definately going to find out the sexes and I will let you know. We haven't bought anything yet but once Thursday is done just watch me spend spend spend - think DH is getting worried - oh well :blowrasp:

Is anyone watching the footie, personally I love it but Come on England sort it out will you engflag
Jo
IVF Sept/Oct 2009 - BFP but then chemical pregnancy :bawl:

IVF Jan/Feb 2010 - :BFP: twins bab11 bab11

Reg: May 28th 2009

Monday, June 21st 2010, 9:04pm

I just put up a bump pic in my diary - I am huge for 14w +5.

Welcome Kelly - glad to see you finally over here - hope the sickness eases soon.

Reg: Feb 9th 2010

Children: 1 perfect boy born after icsi tx

Monday, June 21st 2010, 9:59pm

Hi Kelly

Nice to see you over here. I did wonder where you got to. Sorry to hear you've had a bit of a rough time but I'm glad things seem to be settling down. Hope things keep well for you and your lo's. :xxx3:

FET JAN 2012 - 2 embies :BFN:
2 still on ice for another day xfingers

My Diary

Tuesday, June 22nd 2010, 10:57am

Hi Kelly and welcome back Andie!

:cheeers: Well the sunny weather has finally arrived! hope you're all plastering yourself in suntan lotion... i used some on sunday and didnt do my back - urgh quite pink!

So much for saying I'm blooming...
I have now discovered 2 new ailments... cramp in legs in middle of the night... can rectify this by doing stretches after exercising though! and being very, very over emotional... oh dear, anyone upsets me and I'm bawling my eyes out - which is not too good at work. I've now had 2 occasions shutting myself in bosses office and crying... he must think I'm bonkers! but it's all hormones and well worth it on the long run. And as for work and crappy people.. I have only 82 days left here until maternity leave when I've accounted for all the holiday I have to take!

Also is anyone else being uber forgetful too?...
the other morning before work I made myself a fruit smoothy and then couldn't find it anywhere! I eventually found it some time later... in my wardrobe... oh dear!

bye for now... it's good to be able to use this forum at work now everyone knows!
Sparky.x.

Reg: Sep 28th 2009

Children: A beautiful, miracle FET baby girl

Tuesday, June 22nd 2010, 3:48pm

I see that the 'Health in Pregnancy' grant is being abolished in April 2011.
Looks like we all scrape in under the radar! :smile:
January 2010 - Natural FET cycle
Harriet Amelia was born on 16th October 2010 - we are SO happy!!!

Tuesday, June 22nd 2010, 6:47pm

Oh Sparky you did make me :laugh: about the smoothie. My brain seems to be on the go slow too. I keep having conversations with people and stopping mid sentence because I've forgotten what we were in the middle of talking about. If it's not conversations going awry it's going shopping and coming home minus half the things on my list. Where will it all end???

My Diary

Reg: Dec 22nd 2008

Children: St Mary's

Tuesday, June 22nd 2010, 6:50pm

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Glad still get the health in pregnancy grant. Does everyone get that? Going to have a little look to see if we are effected in any other way with this new budget.

I ended up taking this morning off work and stayed in bed till11am! I was just soo tired. Not that im complaining.

I have been getting brownish discharge (sorry for the TMI) has anyone else had this?

Kelly x

Feb/March 2009 1st IVF BFP blighted ovum diagnosed @ 8 week scan
babydust
2nd IVF April :BFP: Two baby8 bab10 due 22nd December 2010
Fingers Crossed this time will result in our much wanted Baby X

Tuesday, June 22nd 2010, 9:46pm

Glad to see we get the Health in Pregnancy grant. Yes, everybody is entitled to that and your midwife will give you a form at your 24wk appt and you get a certain amount of time to apply for it.

Unfortunately, one of the first things the new Government did was get rid of the Child Trust Fund hand out. For babies born after 1st August this year, it will go from £250 down to £50. From next year (January or April, can't remember) it will disappear completely!

Wednesday, June 23rd 2010, 1:57pm

Can I ask a delicate-ish question please? :chortle:

Has anyone heard about and/or is anyone actually applying any oil/cream to their perineum to make the skin stretchier/better prepared for the birth?

I have heard about this, but have no idea if a) I should be; b) it works; c) what should be used.

Any help much appreciated!!

:xxx3:

Reg: May 23rd 2009

Children: DS 11 years old, DD 8 years old. DH none

Wednesday, June 23rd 2010, 2:24pm

ah now then Elaine, massaging the perineum is one thing that i will be doing! i tore with my DD when i had her 9 years ago, and i have not been the same since know what i mean!! :snigger: So i will be giving it a go!! i have read that it is best to start the massaging at week 34 and rub the area every day for a few mins, using natural oil such as wheat germ or almond oil practical parenting &pregnancy mag (may ) had an article in it advising on how best to do it, it said to use your finger to stretch down and to the sides in an U shape!! I found a lot more info by googling "How to Massage your Perineum"! it really has to be worth a try!!

ME 33
DH 34
TTC 2yrs
clomid x 5 :BFN:
ME HSG clear
All scans clear
BFP!!! PLEASE STAY!!

Reg: Jun 16th 2009

Children: twin girls

Wednesday, June 23rd 2010, 2:49pm

I don't think I will be able to reach my perineum at 34 wks :snigger:
I went for my 1st swim today which was great to feel weightless but then I felt even heavier when I got out.
The nursery is painted DH just has to lift the carpet and gloss the skirting boards. I have chose Prickles and whiskers by dormouse as my decor. It is cream with green and pink and the walls are painted well- being green. Pink and green are lovely together. I have another scan tomorrow so hopefully they will confirm the sex again before I purchase any pink. Hope you are all well x

Kirstin's Parenting Diary

Jan 09 Icsi BFN May 09 Fet BFN Sept 09 Icsi BFN Jan 10 :BFP:
:girl: :girl: c-section 13/09/10

Wednesday, June 23rd 2010, 3:00pm

Elaine - I'm planning on giving this a go too (providing I can reach!) but it's not something you need to be doing just yet. You don't just do the outside though, it is an internal thing which sounds a bit tricky but I'm sure with a bit of practice it will be fine. Mothercare do a special gel.

Kirstin, glad you enjoyed your swim.

I'm just back from my midwife appt and I'm pleased to report all is really well. We heard the heartbeat, 145bpm, which was lovely. I'm measuring bang on 25wks so she's happy with my bump and she got a good feel of baby too. I'm booked in to the antenatal class on 20th September. I'll be 37wks and it seems a bit late but she assures me it will be just right. I've also asked about the whole consultant thing and induction and she says that she thinks the hospital may have changed protocol so although she agrees it seems strange, she will chase it up and find out exactly what they're on about. I have another appt in 3wks, and will be doing my Glucose Tolerance Test at the GP surgery rather than having to traipse to hospital for it, which is great.

Now, time for the footie!

Wednesday, June 23rd 2010, 4:13pm

Glad all is well Claire x

Friday, June 25th 2010, 9:07am

Morning Ladies

Hope everyone is well, just a quick update from me - went for my 20w+4 scan yesterday and we have 2 little boys happydance which we are thrilled about. We didn't mind what we had as long as they were healthy which apart from a very small thing they are. Just one LO has a slightly higher measurement on one of the brain ventricles than they would like. They say they like it to be 9 and mine LO's is 10. The sonographer said it was really common and would probably be nothing but she was going to sk the midwife to call me today to explain some more. I went home and was frantically looking on the internet and I think all is okay you only have to be really worried if the meaurement is over 15 so :pray: everything is going to work out okay.

On a lighter point I now have to think of names, the following has already been suggested: John & Edward, Ant & Dec, Ronnie & Reggie pmsl
Jo

Friday, June 25th 2010, 9:57am

JoJo - Great to hear that everything is well. Two boys! :congrats:

As for names - how about Bill and Ben? :laugh:

Friday, June 25th 2010, 10:01am

Awww, twin boys how fantastic - I think that would be my DH's dream come true! You must be over the moon. Try not to worry about the measurements and definitely step away from Google. Your midwife will be able to explain more and I'm sure as it's twins you'll be having extra scans so they'll be able to keep a close eye on you all. You'll have great fun choosing names too!

Friday, June 25th 2010, 10:22am

Wow twin boys! Like you Ill just be happy to know they are healthy and dont mind what sexes they are but it must be exciting to know!

Dont worry about that little thing it sounds like nothing but if you have any questions write them down for when the MW calls.

My pregnancy brain cant think of one male double act!!! :snigger:

babydust

RosB

Ace

Reg: Sep 23rd 2009

Children: Twin boys conceived on 3rd ICSI attempt

Friday, June 25th 2010, 1:09pm

Fab news JoJo - two little boys - you will have your hands full!! I am sure the thing that has been picked up is nothing at all, hopefully your MW will be able to put your mind at rest. x

Friday, June 25th 2010, 1:23pm

JoJo congratulations on your twin boys.
I saw my consultant yesterday who confirmed for the 3rd time that we are definately having 2 girls so I can start buying pink now :happy:
I managed to get a pic of one of their faces side on and have posted in my diary. I told him I am open to vaginal delivery and will let babies decide. They are both breech at the minute so will have to wait and see. My feelings change regarding delivery as it would be great to be able to look after them straight away and hold them as soon as they are born.
I got my form today to apply for grant.
Dh painted shelves in nursery pink and I have ordered curtains, pictures, lamp shade and fleece blankets. I am not going to waste money on bumpers as they are not recommended for babies they are more for us to look at.

Reg: Feb 20th 2010

Friday, June 25th 2010, 1:40pm

happydance Congratulations Kirstin on your Twin Girls and JOJO on your twin boys!! How exciting and lovely happydance

Got my 20 week scan in just over a week and still cannot work out if we should find out the sex! ha ha I am 50/50 at the moment.

Still worried about my lack of my movements...was having loads of flutters for a couple of weeks (I am no 18weeks) and they seemed to have disappeared. Do you think its worth mentioning it to midwife?

Claire xx
BFP 20th March 2010...and on constant knicker watch!!! xx

Friday, June 25th 2010, 1:57pm

Clairise don't worry about movement yet I had loads early on then nothing untl 23 weeks x

Friday, June 25th 2010, 2:17pm

Congrats to JoJo on your twin boys!
And Kirstin on confirmation of your twin girls! :balloons:

Clairise - there is never any harm in mentioning any worries to your MW. I am sure she will put your mind at rest, and hearing the heartbeat again will also be really reassuring :smile: I felt a bit of movement from about week 17, but didn't closely monitor it as it was so faint and ticklish I knew that I could easily miss it if I was busy or something.
I am now getting movement all the time, and it is much firmer, so I am monitoring it a lot more.

Hope everyone is well :smile:

Friday, June 25th 2010, 3:18pm

Thanks for your kind words ladies

Clairise - I haven't felt anything yet - not one thing!!! I was so relieved to see both hearts pumping away yesterday and they were certainly moving around on the screen, so I think I must be too fat to feel them yet :chortle: I am sure you have nothing to worry about but it would probably make you feel better to mention to your midwife. As for finding out the sex I would greatly admire you if you don't say yes when they say do you want to know the sex - I am far too impatient!!

One of my friends has just suggested Lucian and Wayne from the Cramp Twins for my boys - not sure of any of you watch this cartoon but if they turn out anything like them I will be asking the clinicn for my money back lmao
Jo

Reg: Feb 18th 2010

Monday, June 28th 2010, 8:48am

Hey, had a private scan at 16 weeks on Saturday, it was awsome! We had it done with babybond in coventry and they spent a good 30 minutes scanning, not the in and out you get on the NHS.
We asked for the sex of the baby and the lady said its a little girl, then, after another 5 minutes she said oh hang on that might be a little willy, i may have to change my mind !
Then she wasnt sure so becuase they confused us they are going to give us a scan for free in a couple of weeks !

This is the 3D View

Its so amazing just to watch him/her - its little mouth was opening and closing

IUI - February 2010 - :BFN:
IUI - March 2010 - :BFP: :boy:
26/11/2010 - baby Samuel born

MY DIARY

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 12th 2009

Children: Scarlett Holly born 25/12/2010

Monday, June 28th 2010, 8:51am

Wow Emz they're amazing :) and in so much detail for 16 weeks! Bet you can't wait for your next freebie scan! blowkiss
Natural :BFP: June 2011! biggrin2 bab21

Reg: May 23rd 2009

Children: DS 11 years old, DD 8 years old. DH none

Monday, June 28th 2010, 9:21am

Wow Em they are lovely scan photos, and a free one coming up!! great!! We dont have a private clinic close to us, i think the nearest one is in cardiff which is about 4-5 hour round trip. bummer, but i only have just over 2 weeks til our next scan!!! :thumbsup:

well guys, have any of you had this really nasty flu thats going around?? i have had it the past few days and oh my god it is evil!!!! i feel a bit better today, but still feeling sorry for myself! :snigger: I cant remember the last time i felt so poorly because of a flippin cold!!!!

ME 33
DH 34
TTC 2yrs
clomid x 5 :BFN:
ME HSG clear
All scans clear
BFP!!! PLEASE STAY!!

Reg: Apr 9th 2009

Monday, June 28th 2010, 3:33pm

Hi everyone, :hi:
Yes I know it has been a little while since I was last on FZ. I've got the day off today, and have the house to myself so here I am. (Actually I am waiting for a call from the garage to let me know my car is ready for collection. It has gone in for a routine service but also to get the air con fixed. Been a real bummer in the recent weather to have air con which was not working properly.)

How are you all? I'm fine. Spent a rather hot weekend in Birmingham at the athletics meeting. I was one of the officials so had to wear long blue trousers and a T-shirt all weekend which (the blue trouser part in particular) was not really what I wanted to be wearing. Also felt a bit like a meerkat at times. As the event was televised, the don't want the officials to be seen so we have to sit on little stools behind the advertising hoardings and wait for the starter to say 'on your marks' before we pop up to do our jobs .. hence the meerkat. By late Saturday I wasn't sure if I would be able to get up from my stool without it being stuck to me and then, of course, I found myself checkinng out where the TV cameras were positioned so I could 'unstick' my trousers from my backside (if you get what I mean) without being caught doing so on TV!!!! :snigger: :O

Anyway, glad to hear how well things are going for you. I had my doppler scan last week and am glad to report that everything was ok and they have given me a low risk factor for early onset pre-eclampsia. It wa s quite a weird scan to watch, seeing how all the blood flows around the bump, but we got to hear Proto's heart beating away again as well as the cord noise. (Back to see the consultant in early August.) Then this morning I was off to see my GP for my 25 week check up .... appointments like buses - 2 coming virtually at once. Blood pressure low and fundal height spot on where it should be for this stage. Have to admit, I was very glad about that as at now I can quote the GP when people comment that I'm not very big for 25 weeks. Oh yeah and between taking the car to the garage and the GP's appointment, I called in at Mothercare for another bra buying moment. Can't quite believe this (.)(.) have now gone from pre-Proto 34A to a 34D! :faint: I now have a cleavage, so it's no wonder I keep dropping crumbs down myself!! :snigger: [zx062]

Think that's about all from me for now, except to say that the tingling nose I was experiencing the other week now seems to have stopped. All quite bizarre really.

Take care everyone,
Elisa
IVF Aug 09 - Brief BFP
FET Jan 10 :BFP:
bab11 Alexander James 17/10/10

2nd FET Feb 13 :BFN:

My Trying Again Diary

Wednesday, June 30th 2010, 8:19am

:-( Really suffering this morning with what I can only describe as 'bone ache'!!! For the last couple of days I've had a bit of a dull ache around my pubic bone - feels a bit like I've been cycling or horseriding and got bruised! ?( - but it doesn't seem to be getting better. I can move my hips perfectly well and when I'm sat down I can't feel anything, but when I stand up I hobble like an old dear for a few seconds and although I can then walk normally, it is just a bit sore.

I've been at Google ( :O ) and the only thing I can come up with is stuff about SPD, which I've heard of, but my symptoms don't seem severe enough for that. I have popped out quite a bit these last few days and I'm wondering if my body is just struggling with the extra weight, but the thought of having this pain for the next 14wks is a bit depressing!

Any ideas what it might be anyone??

Reg: Feb 24th 2008

Children: 1 baby girl

Wednesday, June 30th 2010, 8:30am

Hi Claire - sorry you're suffering ;( My gut feel would be that its the extra weight you're carrying and your body adjusting BUT if it doesn't get any easier in a few days I'd give your midwife a ring just to check, it'll do no harm. I've noticed more aches and pains around my hips, back and tummy over the past week or so and think it's just because I've suddenley had a growth spurt.

Hi Elisa - glad to hear all is going well. That's an impressive bust increase you've had there :happy:

2 ectopic pregnancies - 2005 & 2009
beautiful daughter born Sept 2010 thanks to IVF
IVF#3 April/May 2012 - BFN
IVF#4 in Oct/Nov 2012

MY DIARY

Wednesday, June 30th 2010, 9:45am

too early to buy nursery furniture?

Hi there all.

hope you're okay and managing in the heat!
I was just wondering if any of you have bought furniture for your nursery yet? started buying lots of stuff?

I'm 18 weeks today - and was going to wait until after the 20 week scan to buy furniture... but just seen some stuff I'd like to get in the sale in Mothercare so thought I'd go ahead and get them I'd save a whopping £250! Plus I'm pretty impatient so just can't resist getting some stuff done / bought.

Was thinking I could buy it (check i like it) but not assemble it until after 20 week scan - that way it may not be a bad omen...

Anyone else already bought stuff?

bye for now
Sparky.x.

Wednesday, June 30th 2010, 9:51am

Sorry you are suffering Claire I hope it is short lived xfingers
Sparky it is a difficult decision. I ordered my pram and cots after 20 week scan but the shop keeps them for me and I can get a full refund if the worst was to happen. I really want to be organised so I think I will collect at 30 weeks. The nursery floor is being layed as I type and I can't wait to see it all finished. I have dreamt of this day for so long and now it is finally here :happy:

Wednesday, June 30th 2010, 10:39am

Sparky - how about checking with Mothercare how long the sale will last? If it runs out before your scan then check their returns policy - I imagine it will be able to be returned within 28 days like most stuff?? Are you just wanting to wait until after your scan due to superstition or is it because you want to find out the sex?? I went to a baby show 2 days after my 20wk scan and ordered my pram, but that was just date coincidence and would have done it anyway even if I was 18wks. I had already bought lots of little bits and bobs after I had my 12wk scan as I couldn't help myself!

Kirstin - I hope you're going to put up some piccies of your nursery!! It's so exciting that it is all finally starting to come together isn't it? I can't wait until we FINALLY finish our bedroom so we can start on the nursery. I realised yesterday that I only have 14wks left and it really doesn't sound like much at all!!

Wednesday, June 30th 2010, 10:52am

Hello Ladies

You all seem very organised to me I haven't bought anything yet!!! Not through lack of looking I just can't make my mind up which cots to get, which bedding to get, which moses baskets to get etc - oh well I will have another look today.

Just a quick question - does anyone have really aching feet. Mine are slightly swollen which I can live with it's the aching that's driving me mad. When I get up from it takes me a few steps to get going. Also my fingers are quite tender, when I scrunch my hands into a fist it hurts. Neither of these are unbearable was just curious if anyone else has similar??

:xxx3: :xxx3:
Jo

Wednesday, June 30th 2010, 11:22am

Hi ladies.

thanks for your replies re when to buy stuff...

Claire I've checked the Mothercare website and yes I do get 28 days which would bring me upto 22 weeks... I'm thinking after the 20 week scan is good time to get stuff as that can check for any problems... (not worried about sex, not finding out - i fancy a surprise!) I'm just a little supersticious, I had an ectopic pregnancy last year which knocked me for 6 and made me a little too cautious.. I'm starting to get really excited now though - so roll on 20 week scan.

The mothercare stuff I'm getting is this perfect and fits the space we have... we're getting a cot bed and changer unit (lovely called the Brompton changer unit - £100 off a tthe mo! has nice wicker baskets and draws underneath)... the sale is on now but the cot bed offer stopped yesterday but they've said I can still gt it for the same price today as they didn't tell me it was ending when i called them yesterday! the changer unit is so perfect as we have an alcove for it to go in and it fits exactly..

I think I'll order and recieve it but then not assemble it / take it out until 20 weeks +

Was interested to hear if anyone else bought stuff already, I'm a newbie to all this so just wondered if I'm getting a bit carried away. Think I'll stop here and buy no more until later on!

Kirsten that's great that they can hold stuff for you. I'll try that one witht he buggy too!

Jo - re aching feet etc. I'm not sure what it can be, I've been getting cramps in my legs, could it be this? and for ages I had an aching shoulder and thought it was carpel tunnel syndrome... but it's gone now... as too has my painful coccstyx... i think these things just come and go... do ask your MW though... I had a bad rash and followed my MWs instructions and now it's all cleared up nicely :)

Bye for now, great to chat to you all, thanks for the advice - you're great! high5
Sparky.x.

Wednesday, June 30th 2010, 11:26am

Thanks Sparky

I am going to look on the Mothercare website at lunchtime I think it is about time I started buying - I love spending money :chortle: Think I need to make a list of everything I need, I am going to need a BIG piece of paper me thinks!!!
Jo

dmh36

Reg: Mar 2nd 2009

Children: 2 daughters aged 19 and 17, 5 angel babies

Wednesday, June 30th 2010, 11:51am

hi sparky i think now is a great time to start buying theres so many good offers out there, i ordered my pushchair last week and like you i wanted to wait but the offer was too good to miss and it didnt say when it was ending, i ad a scan yesterday at 19wk 3d n am avin a boy baby7 i think i'm still in shock i was convinced it was a girl, i already av 2 daughters and after 4 miscarriages was starting to wunder if i couldnt carry boys, so were well chuffed xx

Wednesday, June 30th 2010, 12:04pm

:congrats: dmh :xxx3:
Jo

Wednesday, June 30th 2010, 12:30pm

:balloons: Congrats dmh! Lovely, lovely news!! :smile:

On the buying stuff front, we have still only ordered our "Travel system" ( :laugh: this terms still makes me laugh - dunno why!) and got the monitor and breast pump so farOff .
I have made a complete list though, down to the number of babygrows we're going to need etc (in fact I might post it on here later so you can all tell me what I've missed and/or what you think will be a waste and not needed at all!!) and we are going to Bluewater on Monday to check out the John Lewis nursery stuff - as well as lunch, other general shopping etc :smile: .
I've asked DH if we can put dates beside the stuff on my list so that I don't end up trawling around shops when I'm 8 months pregnant! I don't mind shopping online, but I like to see the stuff close up first if possible. I tried looking at John Lewis stuff online, but couldn't get a 'feel' for it at all, so am excited about going there on Monday.
We are getting our dressing room fitted in the middle of July, so I don't want to buy too many (if any) clothes for the baby before then, cos at the moment the baby's wardrobes are full of our stuff. I want to clear them all out, give them a good clean etc and then load them with baby stuff! biggrin2

Jo - I've got the very stiff hands thing, especially when I first wake up in the morning. I don't know if I sleep with my fists clenched or something! I've also got a really sore little finger on my right hand - feels like I've pulled tendons or something. I thought it might be carpal tunnel syndrome, but then read that this tends to affect the wrist and fingers EXCLUDING the little finger. Maybe I'm just back to front! :teehee:

Off for my 25 week midwife appt at 2 pm. Hoping to hear heartbeat again (although, baby is moving about so madly the last few days that I am already very reassured that all is well!), get my Health in Pregnancy grant forms, and have my bump measured. I'll be intrigued to know where my measurements are on the scale, as I feel huge at the moment! Perhaps that's because of the heat and humidity though.

Hope everyone is well, aside from all of our minor ailments. Kirstin - can't wait to see piccies of your nursery in all its pink glory!! :smile:

RosB

Ace

Reg: Sep 23rd 2009

Children: Twin boys conceived on 3rd ICSI attempt

Wednesday, June 30th 2010, 1:22pm

Hi everyone

I would be interested to see your list Elaine - I acutally found a list that someone had put together on here and have printed it off (can't find the thread now though). It is quite daunting what you need to buy! It is also useful to know from people who have been through it what you do really need to buy and what never gets used. I bought my buggy last week - it is a Jane power twin pro with compatible car seats - we decided to wait until after the 20 week scan but then go ahead and start buying things. Time is just going to fly by so I really want to start getting organised. I was really chuffed with my buggy as I managed to pick up a brand new one for a 1/3 of the normal price through the Tamba website - the lady had bought it but never used it, she used a different one instead. As for everything else, we are taking a trip to see my DH's sister in a couple of weeks when we get back from holiday as she has loads of stuff to pass on to us - they have 3 kids and don't have a use for the baby stuff anymore. So my plan is to collect all of that and then see what else we need to buy. August is going to be my buying month! I am planning to hibernate in September - I think I will be too large to do anything else!

Has everyone taken advantage of all the freebies that companies seem to want to handout to us? I have just been to Boots and picked up my free changing bag. I think all of the baby clubs (Sainsburys, Tesco etc) give you free gifts too. You can also get discounts at various stores - have a look at this thread:

Discounts/ Voucher Codes

JoJo - my feet ache lots too - I have just been out yesterday and bought some flat, comfy, slip on shoes for work and they are making a difference already. I also had the stiff hands for a couple of days but think that it was the heat for me.

Congratulations DMH!

Well I have been really excited as I have had loads of activity from my LOs - they have been jumping about lots, especially in the evenings. I was lying on the sofa last night and my stomach moved and I felt an enormous kick. We are off on our hols for 2 weeks from this friday so I won't be able to post, back on the 19th July so I will catch up with you all then.

Wednesday, June 30th 2010, 3:41pm

Hi all, nice to hear of everyone getting excited and buying things. My MIL has been sending bits and pieces since we got our bfp and we have a major stash now.

Well I went for my first scan today (other than the 6 week one at the clinic). Normal 1st scans here in Ireland are 20/22 weeks but my midwife tried for an earlier one due to being icsi and me feeling a bit left out when all you other girls have been getting regular ones since 12 weeks. Anyway we seen the baby and the doctor said everything looked ok. His English was really poor and we had to keep getting him to repeat everything. He hovered over the head area and done some measurements and said everything was normal. When we sat down after the scan he done out a referral for another scan in 2-3 weeks time and said it's 'just to check'. DH and I just assumed it was because we had an early scan and he wanted us to attend the normal one at 20 weeks also. Then the whole way home I had my mind made up there was something wrong and that is why he is calling us back. I phoned the hospital when I got home and am now waiting on a nurse calling me back. This is really horrible, I was so excited this morning and now I've a feeling of dread hanging over me. Why didn't I just ask when I was in why he wanted me back so soon??? Any ideas girls?

My Diary

Wednesday, June 30th 2010, 4:06pm

I'd have thought that it WILL be to do the 20 week anomoly scan, Hopeful. He can get a good idea at 17 weeks that all is looking OK, but I understand that the 20 week mark is when the baby is sufficiently developed for all of the key measurements to be taken and confirm that baby is growing exactly as it should.
I wouldn't worry at all, but I hope a nurse calls you back soon to put your mind at rest.

Reg: Feb 24th 2008

Children: 1 baby girl

Wednesday, June 30th 2010, 4:17pm

Hi Hopeful

Try not to worry, as Elaine has said I'm sure its just so they can scan you closer to 20 wks to check all the measurements are correct. Did they give you a report that you've got in your file or something? It may have on there that everything is fine which'll put your mind at ease.

Just look forward to another opportunity to see your lovely baby in a few weeks :happy:

2 ectopic pregnancies - 2005 & 2009
beautiful daughter born Sept 2010 thanks to IVF
IVF#3 April/May 2012 - BFN
IVF#4 in Oct/Nov 2012

MY DIARY

Wednesday, June 30th 2010, 6:09pm

Thanks girls for the replies, nurse just called me back and it's a combination of things. Assisted fertility, my age (35) and the size of the baby compared to me, s/he seems quite big and I'm quite small. She said there is absolutely nothing that has been flagged up as wrong but she said the registrars always err on the side of caution. DH and I spent about two hours waiting on the nurse to call trying to decipher Docs writing on my card and finally made out it said 'early pregnancy, all normal'. Why can't they be normal and write things that we can read...Anyway, big relief. Ok so now my worry is just how BIG is this baby going to be? :happy:

My Diary

Wednesday, June 30th 2010, 6:43pm

Glad you are feeling reassured, Hopeful :smile:

Well, my midwife appt went really well - I am officially Midwife's Pet! :laugh:
Blood pressure was 'excellent' - 112/64 - which I am sure is the lowest it's ever been in my life!!
No protein or sugar in my urine = good
Bump measures 24.5cm - pretty much spot on as apparently they want it to be in cms the same as your number of weeks, +/- up to 3cm.
Also got my grant form, so will fill that in tonight and get it posted off tomorrow :smile:

I've to go back to her at 31 weeks, but I've got a cons appt and another scan before then at 29 weeks.

Anyway, all good. Because of the heat, she also checked for swelling in my hands and feet, but said I look really good! (I'm sure she wanted to add.."for your age"!)

Wednesday, June 30th 2010, 7:02pm

Hopeful - glad the nurse put your mind at rest. You can now relax and look forward to seeing your LO again very soon!

Elaine - what a good girl you are! You have yourself a lovely neat little bump there, with a few cms to spare so you can stop feeling huge now!

Loving hearing about everybody's purchases. I'm working from the list in the middle of the Mothercare catalogue and gradually ticking things off. MIL has been brilliant and picked up loads of stuff at car boot sales and my SIL has given me a baby carrier, bath and play gym so I've hardly had to pay for anything! We haven't ordered a cot yet but I have chosen one and will order it once we've got around to decorating the nursery. I wanted to have everything ready by 30wks but think it's more likely to be about 35wks! I have got 6 white sleepsuits in newborn size and about 12 vests in newborn and that is all I'm getting. I've been given quite a few 0-3mth stuff already and I've asked our families that if they're going to buy clothes once it's born and we know the sex then not to get anything under 0-3mths, so think I should be covered. Oh and I've stocked up on a couple of packets of both size 1 and 2 Pampers nappies and some baby wipes. I've been given a bath box stuffed full of talc, lotions and creams so I'm sorted on toiletries for at least 6 months! :snigger:

Thursday, July 1st 2010, 1:54pm

Hi all,

I have another reassurance scan tomorrow and I cant wait to see them again. I have read some people found out the sex this early??? I was expecting to find out at the 20 week scan which is on the 3rd August.

I can't wait to start buying things. Reading all your posts makes me even more excited! I was thinking of starting after the anomoly scan is this when everyone else started?

Hopeful h - Im so glad everything is ok.

dmh - Congratulations on hearing that your having a little boy! [zx099]

Kelly x

babydust

Thursday, July 1st 2010, 3:39pm

Hi all,

Had my widwife appointment today for 16w and all is well. Had a student midwife try and find the heartbeat and she couldn't. I tried to stay calm but I was really freaking inside. The midwife took over and found it instantly - what a relief!

Thursday, July 1st 2010, 4:00pm

OK ladies - here's my list! Please point out stupidities/gaps etc as you see fit. All advice VERY welcome!!!

Pram
Carrycot
Car Seat
Isofix base
Electronic breast pump
Baby monitor
^
ALL bought and/or ordered

Cotbed
Mattress
Steriliser (electronic)
Bottles (260ml)
Bottles (150ml)
Soothers
Insulated bottle carriers
Milk powder dispensers
Bottle and teat brush
Teat tongs
Bottle and food warmer
Kettle
Water filter
Changing mat
Changing station
Changing bag
Travel cot and mattress
Bouncer
Playmat

CLOTHING (all basic qties per guidance in Contented Little Baby Book, and all in white cotton - suitable for hot machine wash. Will buy extras if and when I see 'cute' stuff!)

8 vests
6 sleepsuits
6 day outfits
3 cardigans (wool)
1 snowsuit
2 hats
3 pairs of socks
2 pairs of mitts
3 shawls
1 jacket
3 cuddle robes
10/12 bibs
20/24 muslin squares
3/4 storage baskets
1 laundry basket

BEDDING (again, guidance from Contented Little Baby, and basics only in 100% white cotton)

3 (min) stretch cotton fitted bottom sheets
3 (min) flat, smooth, cotton top sheets (NOT flannelette)
3 (min) cotton, small-weave cellular blankets
1 (min) wool blanket for very cold nights
6 (min) flat, smooth, cotton pram sheets (to use as draw sheets)
2 pocket tidies

1 nice, COLOURFUL, top cover - 100% cotton, definitely with NO quilted, nylon filling.

OTHER

Brush, comb, scissors, clippers, baby bath, baby bath thermometer, cotton buds, cotton wool balls, baby bath oil, baby shampoo
Baby thermometer
Nappies!!!!
Nappy bags
Baby wipes
Sudocrem

OK - let me hear your thoughts please!!! :smile:

Thursday, July 1st 2010, 4:12pm

OMG Elaine I need a bigger house :snigger:
List looks good I am gathering up stuff week by week. I think I have loads of vests and babygrows then have to remember I need double. I can't wait to have storage in nursery so that I can put stuff away and really see what I have and still need. It is so exciting :happy:

Natural horse congratulations on scan and Kelly good luck for tomorrow x

3 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

3 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE