You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Mar 10th 2009

Saturday, May 15th 2010, 8:25am

Morning ladies and lovely bumps

I find it nice people pay so much attention to my bump and comment on it all the time, everyone is different though. I find it a lovely kind of attention and something I treasure. I know you are told to be a bit prepared for not being the centre of attention as soon as baby is out and just seen as a milking machine!! So midwives etc always said make the most of it.

2mums lovely somersault! Enjoy your time with your friends.

Aiwah sorry your SPD is bad. Enjoy moving on to third tri it should be all good but I guess talk of birth more!!

kirstin excellent news about finishing work yipee!

Magsy different getting a weight estimate not heard of that before. I agree with them though it is not about the weight but the size and shape in particular of head. My dd was a normal 7lb 6oz but boy was it hard to get out and caused a split (soz) nearly all the way down. They told me it was the fact that she had a broad head that hadnt moulded into that cone shape that it can do on the way down. So don't worry yet!!!

Elaine hope the designer does his magic!! Very sensible about wills DH and me already have one but very good advice from you!

Like you 2mums I have rib pain but mine is only on right side and only when I lie down so I am assuming it is the pull of my large tummy causing it so a pillow in the right area definitely helps. Other than that I just feel so good right now the best I have felt throughout this whole pregnancy so far, I am making the most of it and getting out and about as much as poss. We have my SIL wedding rehearsal this morning my DD is bridesmaid. Then a nice long walk is in store! :happy:
7yr old DD Natural
2nd ICSI Nov 09
2 embies on board :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen 6.5 wks

Jasper

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Saturday, May 15th 2010, 10:26am

Morning everyone,

It's time for me to move on to the 3rd trimester. It's a strange feeling as I still don't think it's sunk in after years of trying that we are finally having a baby. I'm excited and very nervous!!! See you all there soon and in the meantime I'll be popping back to see how you are all doing.

xxx

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Reg: Mar 9th 2008

Children: Otis and Ava, July 2010 following successful FERC

Saturday, May 15th 2010, 4:30pm

Girls I suppose like Jasper I should say good bye as I'm 30 weeks tomorrow!!!! I feel nice and comfortable here in the second trimester chat, LOL!

Good luck and see you all in the Third trimnester chat.

Pushoz
Pushoz
1st ICSI July 09- BFN

FET Oct/Nov - BFP

It's Twins!!!!!

2mums

Star

Reg: Jun 28th 2008

Children: One gorgeous son

Saturday, May 15th 2010, 8:15pm

Bye Jasper and Pushoz - see you in 3rd tri in a few weeks! :bye:

I've had a lovely (but tiring) day. It was fab meeting up with my friends and their babies... they both seemed so happy and fulfilled. I really can't wait to be a mum : D And the babies were adorable!

I asked my brother and SIL if they'd consider being Bobble's guardians should anything happen to me and Mrs Me and they said yes : D I'm so pleased because they're our first choice and I know they'd do a great job. It's a horrible thing to have to think about, but necessary I guess.

Michy hope the wedding rehearsal went well. Have you bought a dress yet? My rib pain seems to be on the left side, I sleep with a pillow supporting my bump but doesn't seem to be doing much good!

Emma sorry to hear you're in pain again... hope the physio helps.

It's my 3D scan next Friday - I'm so excited. I hope we get some good pics of our little man!

ICSI Apr09 BFN
ICSI Jul09 BFP m/c (blighted ovum)
ICSI Nov09 :BFP:
:boy:

Monday, May 17th 2010, 10:08am

Hi

See ya in a few weeks Jasper and Pushoz, look forward to it x

2mums glad you had a lovely time with your friends. Maybe your pain is baby position then? How exciting a 3d scan can't wait to see the piccies.

Wedding rehearsal went well very beautiful setting, it really needs good weather so fingers crossed. I am wearing a dress I already had which is very stretchy and I think does just the job as it goes down to the floor so I can wear pretty flats! I will post piccies of it afterwards.
7yr old DD Natural
2nd ICSI Nov 09

Reg: Sep 26th 2009

Children: Herts&Essex

Monday, May 17th 2010, 10:15am

hello ladies

I have just got back from a lovely week in Spain although the weather wasnt great. Got a bit of a tan, always feel so much better with a tan usually look slimmer too but not this time :chortle: I am 15 weeks today and without clothes I now look pregnant but with clothes I look like I have eaten all the pies!!! Had a quick look back over the posts and glad you are all doing well.

Will do a proper post later but for now it's back to the washing......
Jo
IVF Sept/Oct 2009 - BFP but then chemical pregnancy :bawl:

IVF Jan/Feb 2010 - :BFP: twins bab11 bab11

Monday, May 17th 2010, 2:25pm

Just one quick question - I haven't felt any movement yet - should I have done?? I am not too worried as I haven't had hardly any symptoms at all all the way through but just wondered when everyone else felt their LOs move - mine are twins

Thanks
Jo

2mums

Star

Monday, May 17th 2010, 2:49pm

Hi Jojo, I felt Bobble move at around 18 weeks, and some people don't feel any movements until 20-22 weeks, so you have absolutely nothing to worry about. People who've had a baby before often feel movement earlier than those who haven't, perhaps because they know what they're looking for. At the beginning it can be easy to confuse the baby's movement with wind - it feels like little bubbles popping in your tummy, or little 'fluttering' movements.

ICSI Apr09 BFN

Reg: Dec 27th 2008

Monday, May 17th 2010, 8:02pm

Evening ladies & bumpage

I'm back from an exhausting but lovely weekend away. I partied until 1.30am on Saturday night - we had booked the most amazing band - but boy am I suffering now! :sleeping: Still, early to bed tonight and then a lovely lie in tomorrow morning and I'm sure I'll be right as rain. Chunk treated me to some much stronger kicks this weekend so I'm confident any day now and Dh will be able to feel them. 20wk scan is on Thursday so we're both looking forward to that.

Pushoz & Jasper - enjoy the 3rd tri thread.... I believe they actually have to give birth over there so good luck!!

JoJo - I felt Chunk move at 17wks but I do think that was quite early. I'm sure I read a thread ages ago from Pushoz (also having twins) that she didn't feel anything until well past 20wks so I wouldn't worry, it all depends on what the position the babies are lying in but everybody is different. The books say anywhere from 16-22wks is normal so you've got nothing to worry about.

ICSI Dec 08 & June 09 BFN, ICSI Dec 09 :BFP: Our miracle son born 1st Oct 2010

Reg: Mar 17th 2008

Children: Twins!

Monday, May 17th 2010, 8:24pm

Hi everyone - have you been enjoying the sunshine today? It's been lovely!

Jojo - I got my first proper flutters with the twins at around 16 weeks but nothing really substantial until about 19 weeks. My boy has a posterior placenta, so I get a lot more out of him than my girl who has her placenta at the front, so she had to kick really high or really low for me to get anything. Hubby didn't start feeling anything until about 21 weeks.

Pushoz & Jasper - see you on the other side soon! (I'm still building up the courage to cross over...)

2mums - are you getting excited about the 3D scan? They are amazing... hope you get some fab pictures of Bobble! How's your rib pain coming along? Might be worthwhile getting it checked out if it keeps hurting.

Michy - hope you have a day like today for your wedding!! Sounds lovely...

Claire - sounds like you need a holiday to recover from your holiday!! Then again you don't need an excuse to relax and chill out.

AFM - Went to physio this morning and got my crutches. I don't need them for walking at the moment, but they are coming in really handy for getting up and down the stairs. Had some manipulation done as well, so hopefully it will loosen me up a bit like it did last time (after the initial stiffness that I'm having now).
Also had my 28 week check-up and scan this afternoon and glad to report that both twinnies are doing really well and estimated to be weighing in at 2lb 7oz and 2lb 9oz respectively. Doc and sonographer were both very pleased, as were we! :happy:
GTT on Friday... not looking forward to that one....
* Emma * :smile:
TTC 8 yrs PCOS - Clomidx10 - IVFx3
Nov 2009 Last try: Short protocol ICSI - wonderful BFP!!! -
TWINS!!
: D

2mums

Star

Tuesday, May 18th 2010, 12:25pm

Claire, glad you had a good time and I hope you enjoyed your well-deserved lie-in. Not long til your scan – are you going to find out the sex or keep it a surprise?

Emma, sounds like the twins are doing really well. It’s good that you’ve got your crutches ready for when you need them. What’s GTT?

AFM, I’m 27 weeks today, woohoo ! Not that long til I’ll be thinking about moving to third tri as well… can’t believe how quickly it’s gone. I can’t wait for my scan on Friday, I’m so excited to see what Bobble looks like. I just hope he’s not feeling camera-shy. :snigger: Ribs are still hurting but I think it’s just a side effect of having an office job – I feel fine when I’m standing up or walking around, it’s the sitting all day that makes me uncomfortable.

Really must look into getting some professional photos done… the idea is to have one of me and Mrs Me and Bobble while he’s still a ‘bump’, then another one of us as a family after he’s born.

ICSI Apr09 BFN

Tuesday, May 18th 2010, 2:30pm

2mums - Well done for hitting 27 weeks!!
GTT is Glucose Tolerance Testing, it's to test for Gestational Diabetes. I have to have it cos my mum has diabetes. Basically, they starve you from 10:30 pm to 9:00 am the next day (only allowed to drink water), then they give you a super sugary drink like Lucozade and you have to stay in the hospital and not eat or drink anything else for another 2 hours. They do blood tests before and after to see how you process the sugar. I can't go 3 hours without eating anything at the moment, so it's gonna be really tough and I've heard from other ladies that the drink is horrible.... X(
TWINS!!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Aiwah" (May 18th 2010, 2:32pm)

2mums

Star

Tuesday, May 18th 2010, 3:10pm

Emma that sounds horrible. Make sure you get yourself something really nice to eat afterwards!

ICSI Apr09 BFN

Tuesday, May 18th 2010, 3:20pm

Yeah, I think I have an excuse to go for McDonalds after that one.... :snigger:
TWINS!!

Tuesday, May 18th 2010, 3:58pm

Hi

Emma sounds like a real chore!! It's not my wedding by the way - SIL's and DD is bridesmaid DH usher. Good you have your crutches, I hope you don't need them much tho!

Claire really enjoy your scan thurs.

2mums I cant believe 2 more weeks then 3rd tri. I have had a look at what is going on there and there seem to be pictures of baby rooms etc. I will wait to show my piccies til then I think!

I agree too that the back/ribs etc hurt so much due to office work. Mine is bad today as I am coming to the end of my 2 days, I bet it improves again tomorrow!!
7yr old DD Natural
2nd ICSI Nov 09

2mums

Star

Tuesday, May 18th 2010, 4:06pm

2mums I cant believe 2 more weeks then 3rd tri. I have had a look at what is going on there and there seem to be pictures of baby rooms etc. I will wait to show my piccies til then I think!

Oh no, that's going to make me feel shamed - my spare room is still a mess :O We're not really getting any baby furniture except a cot, and that will go in our room. Am I the only one who's not really bothering with a nursery? I'm a bad mummy already :snigger: The thing is, we're hoping to move house in a couple of years and Bobble will be in with us for a good while, so there didn't seem much point.

ICSI Apr09 BFN

Tuesday, May 18th 2010, 5:15pm

2mums - We're not buying any baby furniture either, only a cot. We're only decorating the room because we've only lived in the house less than a year and its in desperate need of freshening up so I wouldn't worry. At the end of the day, Bobble isn't going to care if he has cream or blue walls for at least a couple of years anyway! Your 3d scan sounds exciting, we did consider having one a bit later too but not decided for definite yet. We won't be finding out the sex at our 20wk scan, we'd really like to keep it a surprise and I want Dh to be the one to tell me at the birth what it is.

Michy - I bet your DD is going to look cute as a button in a little bridesmaid dress!

Aiwah - don't like the sound of a GTT - first I thought it sounded more like an alcoholic beverage! :snigger: Glad your check up went well yesterday and you're cooking the twins to some lovely weights already.

AFM, feeling much brighter today after a whopping 11hr kip last night! We've been out to lunch with elderly friends today and in a bit we're off to visit some other friends for a BBQ so I'll be stuffed by tonight! I've made a strawberry & blueberry pavlova to take with us, plus I've walked the dog and stopped in on my parents for a cuppa today so I'm going to need another long sleep tonight I think! Chunk has been doing some more lovely strong kicks again, although each time I put my hand there, they stop so I think somebody is playing games with me! They're most noticeable when I'm sat upright in a chair, but I still can't see past my (.)(.) so it makes it hard to look for movement :O

2mums

Star

Wednesday, May 19th 2010, 10:19am

Chunk has been doing some more lovely strong kicks again, although each time I put my hand there, they stop so I think somebody is playing games with me! They're most noticeable when I'm sat upright in a chair, but I still can't see past my (.)(.) so it makes it hard to look for movement :O

Something that's worked for me is giving your tummy a gentle poke in the place where you felt the baby kicking - Bobble will often kick back if I do this :happy:

Glad I'm not the only one who hasn't sorted the nursery. You're right, he won't care about the colour of the walls - or hopefully the pink carpet either :snigger:

ICSI Apr09 BFN

Wednesday, May 19th 2010, 2:38pm

Hi ladies

2mums / claire I haven't got a nursery just a room with a colour scheme and a cot and single bed, no room for anything else!! I have focused my thoughts much more on it all too soon being a little boys room, not a babies and keeping a bed in there for practical reasons.

I have noticed the last 2 days my trousers are tighter and my skin is tight when I bend my knees. Oh no I think it is swelling/water retention and I was really hoping to avoid this. I didnt get it last time but know friends who had it really bad with big swollen bodies. I know it is more likely in summer and into the last tri but really gutted about it. It makes you feel so uncomfortable. Any tips on how to relieve this would be good.

xx
7yr old DD Natural
2nd ICSI Nov 09

2mums

Star

Wednesday, May 19th 2010, 2:43pm

Michy, that sucks :sadface: Drinking plenty of water can help with fluid retention, as can putting your feet up.

I must admit I'm not looking forward to when it gets hotter as I get bigger! Commuting is not going to be fun. So I'm secretly hoping for a cool summer!

ICSI Apr09 BFN

Thursday, May 20th 2010, 10:29am

2mums - I also commute into London - got delayed going home last night and had to stand for ages I was starting to feel really sick and faint and thought I was going to have ask someone for a seat. My bump isn't big enough to look obviously pregnant yet so no one offered (I just look like i have eaten to many pies!!!).

I have heard it is going to be the hottest August for years so that will be nice travelling in all nice an sweaty!!!!
Jo

2mums

Star

Thursday, May 20th 2010, 12:45pm

JoJo - if you contact Transport for London they will send you a free 'Baby on Board' badge, which worked for me in the early stages (though some people just ignore it!).

Thank god I'll be on maternity leave in August, don't think I could face getting on the train in that heat!

It's very quiet at the moment... hope everyone's well.

ICSI Apr09 BFN

Reg: Jun 16th 2009

Children: twin girls

Thursday, May 20th 2010, 3:25pm

All is ok with me I am enjoying the rest and so glad I decided to leave work as I know I couldn't carry on as I am so tired and can only walk short distances before my back gets really sore. I suffer a lot from restless legs at night and cramps and it is difficult to get comfortable in bed. Still not feeling strong kicks but I can hear them moving with my foetal monitor :happy:

Kirstin's Parenting Diary

Jan 09 Icsi BFN May 09 Fet BFN Sept 09 Icsi BFN Jan 10 :BFP:
:girl: :girl: c-section 13/09/10

Thursday, May 20th 2010, 4:01pm

Afternoon ladies, hope we are all doing well.

Today's scan was brilliant, thankfully all was well and Chunk is nice and healthy so we are very relieved. We haven't found out the sex and we want a surprise, but Dh is now convinced its a girl after getting a good look at the thigh bones from bottom up and not seeing dangly bits, but then again we don't really know what to look out for - I'd be happy either way and am content just to wait until the birth.

I've also been booked for a GTT at 28wks and also another scan at 28wks as they want me to be under the consultant now. Apparently my hospital like to do growth scans regularly from 28wks if you've had IVF, plus they won't let me go over my due date and I'd have to be induced if I don't go into labour early! This is purely because we've had IVF and is complete news to me! I would really like to avoid an induction but I suppose I just have to trust that the doctors know best.

I really don't envy you lot commuting to London - I've just walked the dog across the fields and come back sweaty and its not even sunny, so I'd never cope!

I'm off tomorrow morning to Bristol and then on to Birmingham for Saturday's Baby Show so hoping to report lots of nice purchases on Sunday!

2mums

Star

Thursday, May 20th 2010, 4:18pm

Glad the scan went well Claire :thumbsup:

they won't let me go over my due date and I'd have to be induced if I don't go into labour early! This is purely because we've had IVF and is complete news to me! I would really like to avoid an induction but I suppose I just have to trust that the doctors know best.

That's ridiculous - they shouldn't offer you an induction til you get to 41+ weeks, and even then you don't have to agree to it. There's some info about induction on the NCT website (not FZ endorsed) http://www.nct.org.uk/info-centre/decisions/view-94

ICSI Apr09 BFN

Thursday, May 20th 2010, 5:09pm

They said it is because fetal loss after term is a higher risk in IVF babies. Apparently, they're relatively new guidelines and they're not quite at the stage of suggesting elective C section on due date but not far off it!!! As much as I desperately can't wait to have this baby, I do want a natural delivery and the idea of a potentially long and stressful induction wasn't quite what I had in mind. I have a midwife appt in about 4 weeks so think I'll discuss it with her and see what she has to say. I guess each hospital is different but this is certainly the first I've heard of it. Perhaps I should post a new thread somewhere else and get some feedback??

I'll take a look at that link though, thank you.

2mums

Star

Thursday, May 20th 2010, 5:12pm

Yes, good idea about posting a thread, I'd be very interested to read the replies. It's the first I've heard too... none of the midwives/doctors I've seen have mentioned anything about IVF babies being at more risk if they go overdue. Like you, I really want a natural delivery - and from what I've read it seems that induction has its own associated risks. Argh!

ICSI Apr09 BFN

Reg: Jan 29th 2009

Children: Our gorgeous son was born 16/7/2010

Thursday, May 20th 2010, 8:59pm

Evening ladies!

Sorry I haven't been around for a while but we have just got back from 2 lovely relaxing weeks in sunny Rhodes :) and was so busy the week before making sure we had everything that I just didn't have time to post. Have had a quick read through the last couple of pages but will apologise now for not doing many personals as my brain just doesn't seem to want to hold much info at the moment :snigger:

Welcome to all the newbies - hope your stay here is a good one!

Simmo, glad to hear the scan went well today :thumbsup: I have to say that my hospital have not mentioned anything about being induced early, they have given me a date to go in 11 days after my due date if Lucky hasn't arrived by then and haven't even mentioned c section at all. I think every hospital is different as a lot of girls on here have been consultant led due to having had ivf but I haven't seen a consultant yet and am now 30 weeks. I would definitely speak to your midwife about it even if it's just to put your mind at rest.

Michy, get your feet up huni and try to rest if you can. Hope the swelling goes down soon. [zx127]

AFM, I am gong to love you all and move over to the 3rd tri, think it's about time but didn't want to leave without popping in after my hols. Will see a few of you over there in a few weeks but will keep coming back to see how you are getting on :smile:

bigkiss

Oct/Nov 09 - 1st IVF :BFP:
Jan 2012 - Short Protocol ICSI :BFP:
7 wk scan 2/3/12 One [zx076] seen

Thursday, May 20th 2010, 9:18pm

Evening ladies.... hope you're all well and not sweltering too much in the heat! 88)

Michy - oops I misread! Hope your SIL's wedding goes well... is your daughter getting all excited?
Definitely make sure you're drinking plenty of fluids to combat the swelling... the hot weather doesn't help with the dehydration, so do keep topped up (and your feet up!)

Claire - hahaha I think you got GTT mixed up with a GnT! Are you missing your alcohol by any chance?? :snigger:
Glad to hear Chunk is doing well.... I'll give you the lowdown on my GTT tomorrow, not looking forward to the starvation bit more than anything else!
As for induction, we covered it at my NCT antenatal class yesterday and it didn't sound pleasant at all. I've never heard of it being recommended for IVF babies either - must be something new that's come along recently. Fortunately, for us, the chances of the twins being late are slim.

jojo & 2mums - really don't envy you commuting in London, it's hot and sweaty at the best of times never mind in the middle of summer. My friend gave me a baby on board badge, but it's pretty obvious now that I'm carrying a mega bump around with me!!
Some women are really proud though - my friend who lives in London was caught out when she offered a seat on the tube to a pregnant woman and she was turned down!

rockchick - see you on the other side....

AFM - went back to work again yesterday after the physio's miracle manipulation did the trick and SPD eased a bit. Hopefully this will stay for another week like it did last time. It's been a bit stressful today with sorting out builders for the house move, so I'm pretty shattered now. Must remember to eat something before half 10 before my 13 hour fast.... the babies will be kicking me like mad in the morning asking for breakfast!! :cross:
TWINS!!

2mums

Star

Friday, May 21st 2010, 11:33am

Hi girlies and bumps :hello:

Hmm, sounds like the view on induction just depends on the hospital. No-one's even mentioned it to me!

Rockchick, welcome back and see you on 3rd tri in a couple of weeks.

Emma, hope the fasting isn't too awful.

AFM, I'm super excited because it's my 3D scan this afternoon [zx014] Hopefully I'll get some good pics, which I can post later.

Is anyone else finding that their bump gets in the way when they [zx084]? Tried to have a bit of a 'romantic' evening last night but ended up getting the giggles because of my bump... felt more like a game of Twister than a night of passion rotf Then Bobble woke up and was leaping around in my tummy!

ICSI Apr09 BFN

Reg: Sep 28th 2009

Friday, May 21st 2010, 2:34pm

Hi Ladies hope you and bumps are all well :smile:

In work just now but i have a quick question. I heard baby's heartbeat today and it was amazing but unfortunately due to work my DF missed it and i feel he's missed out although i'm sure he could hear it at the next appt in 5 weeks. Can anyone recommend a good fetal doppler or are they all much the same?

Hope you all have a fab weekend!!!
First ICSI
Jan/Feb 2010
EC 18/02/10
ET 20/02/10
05/03/10 :BFP:

1 Healthy [zx076] seen 08/04/10 9wks1day

Reg: Feb 24th 2008

Children: 1 baby girl

Friday, May 21st 2010, 2:44pm

Hi

I've had my 20 wk scan today - it was amazing! Everything is looking good, so exciting!!!

Saw the consultant too which was very brief - see her again at 28 wks but no more scans so won't see Denzel until he/she is born now!!!

Hope you're all doing ok? Xxx

2 ectopic pregnancies - 2005 & 2009
beautiful daughter born Sept 2010 thanks to IVF
IVF#3 April/May 2012 - BFN
IVF#4 in Oct/Nov 2012

MY DIARY

2mums

Star

Friday, May 21st 2010, 7:40pm

JudgeJules - my doppler is brilliant, it's the Hi Bebe one with LCD screen. They're expensive but you can get them 2nd hand on eBay.

Lala, so glad your scan went well ^^

Got some amazing pics of Bobble at the 3D scan, even saw him yawn!

ICSI Apr09 BFN

Friday, May 21st 2010, 8:15pm

Aww, great pics 2mums and Bobble is looking sweet!! Glad you got some good shots and the experience is amazing isn't it? Have you been watching and re-watching the DVD??

Lala - great news on the scan....hope you're well!

I survived the GTT and managed to get through fasting without too much booting from my kids! Hopefully I won't hear from them again as she said "no news is good news" because they only contact you if there is a problem.
Finally things are moving along with the house and we can move in soon and start nesting properly. It's been so hard not being able to get anything ready for the babies yet, but hopefully I'll catch up to you all with your nurseries!

Have a wonderful weekend in the sunshine!! :happy:
TWINS!!

Reg: Jun 5th 2009

Children: Lovely cute little girl Mia

Saturday, May 22nd 2010, 10:32am

Hi, girlies!!!

I have an interesting update for everybody! Sorry if it seems bizzare as I popping in from the 3d trimester, but I believe the information will be interesting for you all ;-)

Famous Russian-American spiritual midwife is coming to London tomorrow for approximately 2 weeks and she will be available for some practices and short 1-2 days seminars while she is here. Her name is Marina Dadasheva Drown. She is a successor and student of Igor Charkovski (the person who gave the world the water birth). She has also was working with Mantak Chia for many years in Thailand. She knows and worked with Michel Odent and Ina May Gaskin.

Marina is a charming and very skilful person, who has 12 children of her own, most of which she had at home and in water ;-))

Simply, she is amazing in preparation for birth 9 (mentally and physically), whichever way you choose to have your birth! She is a BABY YOGA teacher, which is amazing SKILL to learn for ones of you of having had a baby lately or just about to have one ;-) Because baby yoga can be started from day one or later after birth (different techniques for different kids). And she can show few water baby healing exercises and rejuvenating things.

She has few very useful and very interesting lectures/seminars/workshops like Preparation for the Conscious Parenthood (for couples), she can give many good hints skills for breastfeeding, another seminar is TAO love (for couples), she is one of the few people who is practising rebirthing (special healing breathing techniques) for couples and she is a yoga teacher as well.

So if anybody of you would be interested to meet her or to attend any of her lessons here (which will take place during weekends in SE London), please, let me know.

I met her few times before and had participated in her seminars and just simply talked to her a lot, so I know exactly what I am talking about when I tell you all these things about her.

Have a great weekend everybody!

Saturday, May 22nd 2010, 9:06pm

Evening ladies & bumps

WOW! 2 Mums your scans are amazing - just showed DH and he is amazed at how clear they are! Something tells me he might be wanting to get one of these in a few weeks!!

Aiwah - glad your GTT wasn't too bad, not looking forward to mine but I'm sure it will be fine.

I've had a very long and exhausting couple of days but really enjoyed myself at the Baby Show today. I've even ordered my pram!! I wasn't intending to buy anything that big just yet, but it was a really good offer and I only had to pay £50 deposit and they'll keep it until early September when I can pay in full and take delivery! I've gone for the Cosatto Cabi in Walk in the Park, which is brown with orange liner. Sounds a bit weird but I love it. It was £328.50 and includes Pram mode, Pushchair mode, Cosy toes, shopping basket, changing bag, raincover and the offer included a free car seat, so basically an entire travel system. It's light but really sturdy (not quite the off roader I was planning but more than sufficient for the country lanes) and I'm definitely in love with it! I also got a moses basket and stand and a Fisher Price bouncy chair. Not as many offers as I was hoping for but I enjoyed getting a good look at all the stuff I've previously only looked at online.

Now, I'm desperate to go to bed as I had a terrible night in a smelly Travelodge - never again will I be tight and book somewhere because it's cheap! :O

I hope we're all enjoying the lovely hot weather this weekend! :thumbup:

RosB

Ace

Reg: Sep 23rd 2009

Children: Twin boys conceived on 3rd ICSI attempt

Sunday, May 23rd 2010, 6:34pm

Evening Ladies

I have been trying to catch up on all of your chat but feel a bit behind as I have been away for the week. Just got back from sunny (wow) Scotland. We had a great time but I didn't sleep that well and am now really tired, also had a cold for most of the week. What has been exciting me this week is that I have been feeling quite a lot of fluttering movements/ air bubble feelings. I am sure it is the twins, even though it is not obvious kicks just yet. Hopefully it won't be long before I really start feeling them move about.

Hope you are all well, will catch up with all the personals later. x

kd40

Ace

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 7th 2009

Children: One cheeky boy

Sunday, May 23rd 2010, 7:52pm

Hello Girls and Bumps

Sorry no personals this time - I've just got back from Sicily - 2 weeks away - but so glad to be back even though lilchic sseemed to like it - I've never had so many kicks! - Was worried about putting too much weight on - due to lots of pizza and pasta and icecream - but it looks like it's been about 4 lbs - which isn't bad - only about 8-9 kg weight gain so far - which for me is manageable - phew relief - silly thing to worry about i know - but that's just me!

2mums - those pics are amazing! - I want it done! - trying to put money away for the three months I won't get paid though next year - so don't think DH will let me!

Went to midwife before I went on holiday and saw a new one - very nice - go back in weeks - and just got my confirmation of doing the bumps to babies class at the childrens centre - woohoo! = all moving on - i've tomorrow off to do food shpping ironing etc - but the bloody electricity people are shutting off the power all day to cut down some trees - grumble

p.s. can't believe how pregnant I look now - full length mirrors on holiday are not kind! - still no-one gave up their seat for me on the bus to the plane - cheek!
:BFP: Dec 2009 - IVF 1st try - our little miracle!
:BFP: June 2011 - Natural - another complete miracle - fingers crossed all is ok

Grantobe

Reg: Feb 10th 2010

Sunday, May 23rd 2010, 8:13pm

2mums your pictures really are amazing, I have went on a few times to view them, last night I even dreamt I could feel the wee leg and toes of Kirstin's :snigger:
Granma to two little girls 13th sept 2010 Lia & Alana :girl: :girl:

Lorna

2mums

Star

Monday, May 24th 2010, 10:59am

Morning girls, thanks for all your comments about my 3D pics : D

Welcome back Ros and Kd40, glad you both had a good time.

Ros, that's so exciting that you've started feeling some movement ^^

Kd40 sounds like your bump is coming along nicely! Can't believe people didn't give up their seat for you though.

I had a fab weekend... Mrs Me took me to see Hair for our anniversary (we've been together for 8 years), which was really fun, although I kept fidgeting throughout the show because my ribs were really hurting! I've now got a birthing ball, which does help me feel more comfy - I either sit on it or kneel on the floor and lean forwards over it. It's great! And apparently it helps the baby to get into the right position (ie head down with his back against my tummy).

I've had some trouble sleeping the last few nights because it's been too hot, even with the covers flung off and the window open. And one of my dogs decided to start barking in the middle of the night for no reason at all Xo( Maybe she was hot too under all that fur.

I was thinking about childcare over the weekend, and realised that I'm totally clueless. I have no idea when I'm supposed to start sorting it out, or where to look, or how to find a good childminder/nursery - or, for that matter, whether a childminder or nursery is best. Argh! ?o( Is anyone more clued up than me?

ICSI Apr09 BFN

Monday, May 24th 2010, 11:00am

Hi ladies

Hope you have had an amazing time in the sun. Won't do personals just to say a big Awww Lovely 2mums he looks really lovely xxx

I have been to Weymouth again staying in another caravan with Mum and Dad which has been lovely. The only thing tho was in bikini top and didn't realise how sensitive your skin is to the sun!! I wore factor 15 and even 30 in certain parts and can't believe burnt my bump. I feel really bad as it was just so unexpected as I don't ever burn when wearing cream and can withstand a bit of sun without. So feel really bad as mum kept saying I am sure it is not good being sat in sun with bump out. I thought it would be fine. :-(

I like most have not had a suggestion at induction due to IVF? Sounds unusual but I will ask my midwife next Mon see if she has heard of it.

I feel quite sad, yet excited that I will be moving on to third tri by the end of this week. Anyway will enjoy all til then xx
7yr old DD Natural
2nd ICSI Nov 09

2mums

Star

Monday, May 24th 2010, 11:22am

And welcome back Michy! Sorry you got burnt... must be the pg hormones making your skin more sensitive.

What you said about moving to third tri reminded me that I should be moving soon too - gulp! 8| I'm 28 weeks tomorrow.

ICSI Apr09 BFN

Monday, May 24th 2010, 2:38pm

2mums love the scan pics fanatastic.

I saw my Gp today to get pessaries to clear up my thrush. She is very thorough and checked my bloods and urine and of course I have a UTI so another course of antibiotics and more thrush to be expected. I am going to wait for urine result to come back from lab before I start antibiotics. I have been havig palpatations again which is probably a sign of an infection :sadface:
Other than that I had a lovely weekend in the sun and put plenty of cream on as my skin is definately more sensitive. I have felt loads of movement and kicks are getting stronger 22w today :happy:

Monday, May 24th 2010, 3:31pm

It is quite daunting isn't it 2mums it seems like only a while ago we were all on 2ww!

I have some other symptoms creeping in now. Some colostrum starting to appear, only tiny bit tho, swelling thing not too bad at mo so keeping fingers crossed!Weight gain and generally feeling quite big now. They say you might feel hiccupping now but haven't yet. I remember feeling DD doing it loads. Oh got the pregnancy cash through which is great.

Kirstin sorry you have been suffering. Palpitations might be just cos of pregnancy as it can be a common side effect.

2 mums also on childcare it is such a personal choice with pro's and con's on both. I am a real childminder advocate simply because I hate the idea of nurseries for children under 2, yet my friend is the complete opposite. I think most people like a childminder if they have one that they feel they could trust. People feel you are less likely to have the chance of bad treatment of a child in a nursery due to the amount of people in them, so less opportunity. However as has been proved this is not the case. Once you have decided which one you want to go with it really comes down to gut instinct. With childminders see a few, be sure of what you want to know about their day, discipline views etc. Social services recommended watching them with the children they look after and seeing how they react to that childminder.I also did a random spot check before and after my child was with her to make sure I was doing the right thing. Not sure if this helps but speak to lots and go with what you 'feel' is best really.
7yr old DD Natural
2nd ICSI Nov 09

2mums

Star

Monday, May 24th 2010, 3:52pm

Thanks for the tips Michy, I must say my 'gut' preference would be for a childminder rather than a nursery as I like the idea of the home environment, so it's good to read your positive comments about CMs.

ICSI Apr09 BFN

Monday, May 24th 2010, 4:06pm

I am so lucky that my mum wants to look after my twins. I have a few shift options to choose from so as she doesn't have them too often as I don't want it to be too much for her but we will decide nearer the time x

2mums

Star

Monday, May 24th 2010, 4:16pm

That's fab Kirstin : D My mum is going to look after Bobble one day a week, and I'll only be working three days a week, so that leaves two days of childcare - not too bad at all.

ICSI Apr09 BFN

Monday, May 24th 2010, 4:30pm

Afternoon everyone, hope you've all been enjoying this stunning weather! I think I'm the only person I know that actually hopes this is our summer and its cooler in July/August but that's just cos I'll be the size of a house by then and don't think I could stick this heat!

Michy - glad you had a nice time away but sorry you got burnt. I read the other day that pregnancy hormones mean your skin is much more vunerable in the sun than normal, so you should probably pick up a little bottle of higher factor cream just until after the birth. I have pale skin and burn really easily so usually wear factor 35 but I've had to change to factor 50!!

Kirstin - sorry to hear you're suffering once again, you must be fed up of trips to the GP by now! I hope it all clears up soon and the palpitations disappear.

I'm just back from Babies R Us with my mum where I picked up another couple of bits! I had withdrawn some cash to take at the weekend and hadn't spent as much as I expected so I figured I'd better spend it on baby stuff before it just disappears and I have nothing to show for it! That's going to have to be it on the shopping front for a few more weeks til I can save some more money I think!

As for childcare, I'm very lucky in that I will be staying at home with my baby but I can see the benefits in both childminders and nurseries. I've worked in a nursery and the children do thrive on the interaction with others the same age, but at the same time I don't think they get the individual attention they perhaps could get with a childminder, so it really is a decision I don't envy you having to make! As for how soon, all I can say is that any good nursery will have a waiting list, so booking a place before baby is even born is a good idea. As for a childminder, perhaps you could ask any friends with babies if they can make any recommendations??

2mums

Star

Monday, May 24th 2010, 4:43pm

Child trust funds

I've just read that the government is scrapping these. Babies born after 1 August will onlky get £50 instead of £250, then they're scrapping them completely from next year. http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/spendin…dcd1695751.html (link not FZ endorsed).

ICSI Apr09 BFN

Monday, May 24th 2010, 5:11pm

:thumbdown: WHAT???? How unfair is that!!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE