You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

• "Bells" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Tuesday, December 1st 2009, 9:35am

FIRST TRIMESTER CHAT - 2010

Good Morning lovely ladies. As it's December 1st we're going to have a lovely new shiny thread for you.

xmas45

PLEASE could you check this link for posts, we don't want anyone going un-replied....

FIRST TRI CHAT ARCHIVE 12/9/09 - 1/12/09

23 shopping days left until Christmas ladies - that should take your minds off the sickness, nausea, twinges, niggles and heartburn :snigger:

Bunty

unregistered

• "Bunty" is no longer a member of FZ

Tuesday, December 1st 2009, 10:00am

Ooooh... can I be the first to put my prints in the snow??! :D

Reg: Oct 25th 2009

Children: None yet!!

Tuesday, December 1st 2009, 10:08am

Hello girls

Going to see my midwife today, I have been trying to see her since 30th October so am already annoyed at the length of time it has taken so not really going in on a positive note!!

Got a list of questions that I need to ask her so I hope the hour I have allocated is enough!

I need to sort out my 12 week scan with the NHS (even though I have had one private I think I should be entitiled to one NHS one) but my 12 weeks is 23rd December so not sure if they will be doing them that close to christmas?

Anyway will report back when I have seen her and I really hope I will come out reasurred and happy!

Emma x
:BFP: 1/11/09

23/11/09 [zx076] and a little wiggle!!!

07/12/09 [zx076] and a little wave!!!

21/12/09 [zx076] and another wave!!

Bunty

unregistered

Tuesday, December 1st 2009, 10:19am

Hi SB,

Ive not even had mine yet!! And mine do them right up until Christmas eve.. so you should be OK. Good luck!

My 12 weeker is on the 11th, My Nuchal Fold is on 17th and Im going to try and squeeze another one in this week for peace of mind as am constantly terrified.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Bunty" (Dec 1st 2009, 10:21am)

Reg: Sep 13th 2009

Children: Barts london

Tuesday, December 1st 2009, 10:22am

Whooooo This is alll exciting!!! xxxx

Im not well - un lucky! have a really bad sore throat and sneezing so much! I have booked a docs appointment for 11.30am with docs as Everytime i cough or sneeze i get lower abdominal pain, And its sore, By be normal im on 7 weeks so very early on. I am not sleeping well eitherm waking up 3 and can't go back to sleep!!!!!! I am sooooooooooooooooooooo bloated!!!!

BABY DUST to everyone!

And Merry 1st Dec!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Laura- Speak to your doc they will help you sort out a midwife appointment or refer you xxx
Good Luck everyone

Reg: Oct 17th 2009

Children: Not yet - but working on it

Tuesday, December 1st 2009, 4:23pm

Hi

I hope you are all having a good day and not too exhausted and sicky like myself.
Just a quick question for you all - I have tickets to Paramore concert in Dec i would be 10 weeks pregnant and was wondering if you would go if you were me with the loud noise and vibration? Our tickets are seated so not worried about crowds standing up etc....

Just interested to get your thoughts?

Thanks

Barbara X
1st IVF ICSI Oct 09 - BFP
18.11.09 - 1 :heart: seen (2mm)
27.11.09 - 1 :heart: seen (10.5mm)

JVA

Ace

Reg: Jun 14th 2009

Children: Gorgeous little boy Henry

Tuesday, December 1st 2009, 4:26pm

Hi Everyone :hello:

Not managed to post for a few days as I have been back at work this week but only working until 2ish then come home, as my sickness really kicks in then. I tried to put a post on last night but as soon as I started reading the posts I had to run to the loo to be sick!!! There I sat for a good hour or so but nothing came up just empty retching - sorry tmi! I felt dreadful all eve.

Have a really bad headache today too but still went into the office to do a bit of work cos I feel really guilty being off.

Had words with a senior colleague of mine on the way to the office yesterday so I was upset before I even started the working week! He is not being supportive at all about my sickness and so I told him what I thought and I have not spoken to him since :cross: I don't give a stuff about him, he can get lost. There was I worrying what my boss would be like!!

Sounds like a lot is happening on here for everyone what with scans and midwife appts etc. My midwife appt is Thurs same as Laura. I am hoping to get the date for my 12wk scan then too.

Spankysbird - Hope your appt went ok today ?(

Kaborex - How lovely would that be for your baby to be born on the day you mentioned, that would be real special. xfingers

How are you sicky ones doing?? The only thing I have found that helps is to keep eating little and often even if I do not feel like it. I have tried all the ginger things, bit fed up with the ginger biscuits but still eat one in the morn when I wake up for my loo run and they did help me a bit last night when I was sat next to the loo :snigger: Can recommend a nice stir fry loads of noodles and crisp veg with ginger sauce, my DH made one the other night and it was lovely.

Hope all of you with sore throats and colds get better soon too. I am waiting for my 12wks before I have the swine flu jab. Have had conflicting advice mind you. My GP said it is fine in first tri but the ivf clinic said to wait until after 12wks, guess it depends how you feel. I am def going to have it though.

Laura - Sorry to hear you have been hormonal. I have been thu that too. I also cannot stop worrying at the mo about getting to my 12wks. I wish my scan was next week, I feel I really need it.....

Anyway here is a little dance to keep us cheery :dancing: happydance

Take care all blowkiss
Jessica

Tuesday, December 1st 2009, 4:38pm

You go Jess

Show your Boss that the baby comes first!!! Work means nothing!

I have been ill all day and only been able to have juice, not been able to eat!!! starting to feel very sickly, I went doctors about my throat and sneezing and she advised me to get plenty of fluids and bed rest. I woke up with no voice!!!!!!!

I hope everyone else is doing well, I have my first scan on Thurs, As well as my first mid wife appointment, I am scared and worried about baby but im sure it will all be fine! xxx

I hope lovely ladies are doing well!

Baby dust
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Good Luck everyone

landi

Superstar

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 5th 2008

Children: One gorgeous son born on 28th May 2010

Tuesday, December 1st 2009, 8:32pm

Hi,

Emma - I have got my scan on 22nd which is also close to Xmas. So I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Sheen Bri - I've got a sore throat too.

Hi Barbra - I don't know what I would do. Call your mw to see what she says anbout the vibrations and noise. The baby can't hear at 10 weeks but they would feel vibrations. Sorry that's not much help.

Hey Jess - Hope the headache is better hun. That senior manager sounds like a plonker. Well done you for saying your piece. I didn't have my swine flu jab today due to my sore throat, but will get it booked as soon as I'm better. Thanks for the dance - it has cheered me up :happy:

Well I've had a really bad past 24 hours. I spoke to my sister on the phone and she was asking how I was. I had already been thinking about various things during the day and was a bit upset. After the phone call I went to lie down and DH came and asked if I was ok and I broke down in tears. Then I couldn't stop. My nose was completely blocked and that was making me heave. It was awful. I had been getting really anxious about something really bad happening to the baby. Also I am still finding it difficult to get my head round that fact that none of my 3 best friends have really contacted me. Plus my mum has been really distracted and I felt that she wasn't really interested in the pg. I've just been feeling so lonely. I don't know what I would have done without DH - he's been a superstar. I also have been speaking to my sister a lot, but she lives in North Wales. Anyway DH called my mum and asked her to come round. When she got here I burst into tears again. But the positive thing is that I told my mum how I was feeling about her and she took it really well. SO we had a big hug and everything seems to be fine now.

I went to the Dr today about my throat, as I 've had complications from tonsilitis before. I also mentioned about my very emotional times (wholst cryng again). He was just rubbish and said that I should be happy that I'm 9 weeks pg and to think positively. When I left I went into the loo and burst out crying again. So I went round to my parents and spent the rest of the morning with them. Then I came home to sleep as I was so tired from all the crying. My eyes was really swollen and puffy. It's just so draining and tiring. I am going to mention it to the mw on Thurday as I think I'm suffering from anxiety. Going to take tomorrow off of work as well as I don't want my sore throat to get worse and all the kids have colds at the moment.

I'm really sorry for the long post but had to get it off my chest.

I hope that everyone who's pooly from either colds or ms, is feeling better soon.
Thanks for listening

Laura xx

LAURA
28.05.10 My miracle son Harry was born 5 weeks early, by c-section lurve

Bunty

unregistered

Tuesday, December 1st 2009, 8:56pm

Oh Landi :hugs:

Im so sorry you had a rubbish day. If you can, arrange to go in and see a midwife. I did that today... for 2 hours (details in my diary) and it was good to get things off my chest and get an earlier scan sorted out, as like you I didnt want to be too close to Christmas.

My MW said I was super anxious (I only went through full labour 2.5 months ago) and was really sympathetic and objective and gave me some positive things to focus on.

I think its much harder for those of us whom have had fertility problems, and we suffer more with anxiety as we are so desperate for it all to work , having been through so much already - so please dont beat yourself up about it poppet. Hope tomorrow is a better day

xxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Bunty" (Dec 1st 2009, 8:58pm)

webby

Reg: Nov 17th 2009

Children: LWC

Wednesday, December 2nd 2009, 8:29am

Morning all,

Well, DW is 5wk+5 and on Cyclogest, so she's bloated, tired and - from this morning - feeling sick.

Everytime she goes 'ooh' or 'ahh' when she has a twinge/pain I immediately ask what's wrong; I think it might be driving her mad!

Although she's not sleeping well, at least she isn't having the nightmares I am - about 3 so far that she's miscarried, or the baby was stillborn, or etc etc! Truly disturbing!

webby
Aug-09 :BFN:
22-Nov-09 :BFP: :party:
1st Scan 14-Dec-09 :heart: :heart:

Wednesday, December 2nd 2009, 8:51am

Hey everyone,

I have lost my voice so i can't go into work, My throat is so sore all i have done for 2 days is bed rest, Went to Doc yesterday and they didn't give me any medication, Just said plenty of bed rest and fluids!!!

Scan is tomorrow i finally find out how many weeks i am and hear babies heart beat! Well excited and nervous at the same time! Doc says im 4 weeks and my nurse at fert clinic says i'll be 7 weeks on first scan!!! So i have no idea.

I made lunch yesterday and i couldn't bare the thought of eating it, I tried to but looking at it made me sick!!! LOL LOL LOL

When DH got home i made his sasuages and mash - he really is a big kid, and he had to take the sasuages out the oven!! the smell made me heave!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel well sick this morning. Landi - I hope you have a better day and week moving forward, xx I do agree with bunty people who have had treatement worry so much more. Im constantly worrying and everyone i speak to says sheen if there is no bleeding and sharp pains stop worrying! but its natural to worry!

Webby- I am soo bloated i look already about 3 months!!!! LOL LOL So its a good sign!!!!!

Hope everyone has a lovely day!

BABY DUST GOING OUT! XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Good Luck everyone

Bry

Star

Reg: Mar 25th 2009

Children: Twins born in may 2010!

Wednesday, December 2nd 2009, 3:12pm

Hi everyone

I've been told to rest as I am still spotting intermittently. This has been going on for 3 weeks now. My clinic havw advised me to rest until it completely stops so am at home with my feet up!

am meeting the mw on monday and have my 12 week scan booked for the 15th...

Laura, so sorry you had such a horrible day. GPs are rubbish aren't they. We all understand how you feel, it's a very anxious time and a good cry is sometimes necessary! Hope you feel a bit better soon. Glad you have decided to take some time off. Are you a teacher too? ?(

Good luck for scan tomorrow Sheeny! :D Can't wait to hear all your news!

hi Bunty, kaborex, Jess , Barbara and Webby! Hello to anyone else i've missed... :hugs:

My Diary - Bry and the Flumps!

1st IVF March 09 :BFP: mm/c at 9 weeks :bawl:
2nd IVF Oct 09 :BFP: [zx076] [zx076]

Wednesday, December 2nd 2009, 3:16pm

Thanks Bry!

Im in bed as well! resting!!!! I have been off for few days! just had a massive meal which was sooooooooooo tasty!!! LOL
xxxx

Hope your well

And everyone is! xxxx

Baby Dust! xxxxxxxxxxxx
Good Luck everyone

landi

Superstar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, December 2nd 2009, 3:57pm

Hi,

Thanks for your support. It's nice to hear that other people feel the same or understand.

Bry - I'm a deputy manager of a nursery 0 - 5yr olds. So lots of bugs all over the place. I have been off today and I am taking tomorrow off as well just to make sure I'm well rested. Keep resting hun.

Sheen Bri good luck for tomorrow - I'll keep everything crossed. I hope it all goes well.

Jess - Thank you so much for your PM - it cheered me up. I hope your mw appt goes well tomorrow hun.

I feel a bit better emotionally today. I tend to find that I'm having a really bad 24 hours then it calms down for a few days maybe a week.

Today my throat is still sore and voice is whispery (SP?) now. Also feel like there is some sinus problems lurking too.

I have typed out loads of info for mw for my appt tomorrow. (I don't want to forget anything). I have written down all my worries and anxieties so that she knows where I'm at.

Good luck to anyone else who has scans or appts this week.
Hope that everyone feels better soon.

Laura xx

LAURA

JVA

Ace

Wednesday, December 2nd 2009, 4:37pm

Hi All :D

Well I have been off work again today so it seems I am joining the gang of us on here! I had a terrible night sleep, prob got about 2hrs, feeling so sick, headache which seems sinus related as I have a pain behind my left eye, which is something I get every now and then when I am tired or stressed. Also had really painful tummy during the night which scared me silly but seems bit better this avo. I have been in bed all day resting and eating.

Have my mw appt tomorrow but I have not made a list, which is worrying as most of you on here seem to have a list of Q's ?( I will have a think about it tonight. I seem to be extra anxious today about everything including my mw appt, which seems silly really.

Thought I would post on here but have to be quick, as it seems to escalate my nausea - weird I know but I think it is the concentration.

Sorry to hear so many of you have colds and sore throats - I hope you all feel better soon.

Laura - I have PM you honey.

Bry - Make sure you take it real easy girlie, lots of rest to look after you and your little team!

Sheen Bri - Good luck for tomorrow :D

Webby - Rest assured most of us have had those strange dreams. My DH had a really bad night the night before my test day, he kept dreaming of negative tests! I have also had some pretty disturbing dreams but I think it is just where things are playing on your mind and they get all mashed up in our dreams.

Hi to everyone else - Bunty, Kaborex and anybody else I have not named.

:dancing: happydance [zx166]
Jessica

Wednesday, December 2nd 2009, 4:46pm

Hey Jess,

I have not been sleeping well, I have read online its pregnancy related, What you have done all day is what i have done for the last 2 days!!! xxxx LOL These coughs and colds going around are not nice!

I hope everyone who has there scan or MW appointment tomorrow goes well! xxxx landi and jess!
Bunty hope your doing well,
and anyone else i have missed out

babydust to all of you xxxxxxx
Good Luck everyone

Thursday, December 3rd 2009, 4:47pm

Hello , Hope everyone is well. We are just back from our 8wk scan and the wee ones are doing great, strong heartbeats and growing well. Soooo happy, just have to wait for the 12 week scan now!!!

Thursday, December 3rd 2009, 5:00pm

Hi Ladies

Just thought I would check in to say hi, my internet has been playing up so not been on line for a couple of days.

Reading your posts makes me feel really lucky that I am not suffering from ms yet and fingers crossed I dont get it!!!

I have met my midwife and thought she was terrible, she has sent my forms off to the hospital for my 12 weeks scan, when I checked her photocopy whilst she was on the phone I realised she had the wrong surname down for the father!!! When I told her she said let me just check what you have wrote down!! - I said of course I will have wrote it down right - unbelievable lol

Anyway going for a nice bath now to defrost and rub my belly!!

Take care everyone

Emma xx

Thursday, December 3rd 2009, 5:01pm

Hey mummys and Daddys!

How are we all today!

How was Jess your scan? Landi your scan??

I saw the heart beating of my little one today! Im 7 weeks tomorrow. Im still in shock! they said everything else was fine, Just need to eat healthy and drink plenty, I am feeling sick today but not throwing up lets hope it stays that way, Also had appointment with midwife so got my little info pack! A lot of reading to do moving forwards,

I am soooooo happy its unreal!!!!

babydust
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Good Luck everyone

JVA

Ace

Thursday, December 3rd 2009, 6:30pm

Hello Ladies :hello:

Sheen Bri - I like the Mummys and Daddys! Brought a big smile to my face :happy: Congrats on seeing your little baby's heartbeat, words cannot describe the feelings when you see it for the first time eh! It is amazing.

Emma - Cannot believe your mw said that to you! As if you would write the wrong name down - Der! You are ssssooo lucky you do not have any ms yet, I really hope you do not get any but I would make the most of eating all that you like for now just in case :snigger:

Flowerpower - Glad your scan went well too and the twinnies are doing great :D

Well I had another crap nights sleep, woke up for the usual loo run then could not get back to sleep, mind starting working overtime as usual and the pains in my tummy were worrying me. Eventually got back off until 8am then had the usual back ache which makes my nausea awful so had to get up and eat.

We had our first midwife appt today - Yipee! I was really anxious all morning, same yesterday, think it is because of the stress of work stuff the last few weeks and then the tummy pains. However, DH was fab and our midwife was lovely, really high spirited and I felt immediately at ease and relaxed. Had 1.5hrs with her, form filling for most of it, another blood test and another urine test. Told her about the pains and she said it is just the ligaments stretching in my tummy although she said I may have a urine infection. I told her that the IVF clinic told me it could be this when I saw them a week or so ago and I had been to the docs and given a sample already a week ago. She checked on the system and said that they had just dip stick tested and not sent it away for proper testing - great eh! So I could have had an infection for nearly 2 wks now! Wait and see what the result is.

She sent the form off for our 12wk scan so I need to wait for the call or letter with the date, which should be around 18th Dec. I ssssooo wish it was tomorrow though......

DH and I popped to the supermarket this avo, as I felt up to it but once there I felt like throwing up (not good) so I had to ask for a carrier bag just in case :snigger: Sat in the car on the way home with the bag in front of me but fortunately made it home ok. As soon as I got in I ran for the loo but nothing came up (sorry tmi). I have done the same again several times this eve and yesterday. Kind of getting used to it now but my tummy muscles hurt after.

DH and I were just in the spare room (DH uses it as his dressing room) and were chatting about cots etc. Cannot wait to start buying things once we are a bit further down the line.

Gona hopefully try and go back to work tomorrow, see how I feel.

Anyway, I have rambled on a lot - sorry!

Hello to everybody. Laura I will PM you.

blowkiss
Jessica

Thursday, December 3rd 2009, 7:00pm

Hey jess

i am the same, I am not throwing up, but i feel like it! Im hoping i dont either!LOL
xxxxx
Good Luck everyone

Reg: Dec 30th 2008

Thursday, December 3rd 2009, 7:03pm

Hi girls,

I am here to join you. I have been here before but had a missed miscarriage in mid September. I am supposedly 6 weeks pregnant today going by the dates.
I have no symptoms at all this time which has me really down.
Last time I had symptoms and it was only a couple of days before our first scan at 9w 3d that we found out the LO had passed away. Didn't look like a 9w 3d at all - too small :(

I am feeling so down at the moment because I am terrified it is just after happening again, except earlier this time. No scan lined up until January 5th. What is the earliest that a scan would relieve my negativity.

WD
Apr '09 - Lap & Dye (I blocked tube - adhesions removed from other)
July '09 :BFP:
Sep '09 - 9w 3d - MMC
Oct '09 :BFP:
Bubba is a little girl!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "wishdust" (Dec 3rd 2009, 7:05pm)

Bunty

unregistered

Thursday, December 3rd 2009, 7:09pm

happydance on the scans/ appointments Jess, Sheen and Flowerpower!! Hows was yours Laura? :D

I have mine on the 8th at 2.40pm next Tuesday... and am terrified! Felt noreal sickness yesterday and panicked but seems to have come back today which weirdly pleases me!

My urine glucose came back really high, but a blood test at the hospital confirmed it was fine. As Im on steroids we were terrified I had developed Gestational Diabetes. Phew!!

WD - Dont be scared - I lost my last baby in only September at 16 weeks and have spent the whole of this trimester in terror (particularly as I conceived this one only 2 weeks later ??!) . However, all is well (Ive had 3 scans already because Im so anxious). Try to take each day as it comes sweetie... youll be fine.

Hi to lovely Bry, Kaborex, Laura, Emma, Jess , Barbara and Webby! Hello to anyone else Ive missed... blowkiss

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Bunty" (Dec 3rd 2009, 7:11pm)

Bunty

unregistered

Thursday, December 3rd 2009, 7:13pm

PS WD - why don't you get one at 7 weeks, and then another at 10 weeks.. then the final at 12weeks?

I klnow it's not usual, but there is a lot of evidence that closely monitored previous miscarriers have better outcomes this way.. and most EPAU's understand that. I would ring and ask and say you are terrified and need the reassurance?

Thursday, December 3rd 2009, 8:41pm

WD- I had a early scan today at 7 weeks, Your GP can organize this as well darling, Early scans can be done. I would speak to your Doctor xxxx

babydust xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Good Luck everyone

Thursday, December 3rd 2009, 8:44pm

Bunty

Not long before your Scan!!! how you feeling????

I wish i cold post the pic of the my little one, Have no idea how to and its soooooooooo small!!!!

even though im 7 weeks im still very worried about things, I think its normal to be, xxxxx

babydust! xxxxxxx to everyone and hello to everyone! xxxxx
Good Luck everyone

Reg: Sep 3rd 2009

Thursday, December 3rd 2009, 9:03pm

A big hello to Jess ,Bry, Laura, Emma, Barbara, Webby, Bunty, wishdust, sheen_Bri, spankysbird, landi and Hello to anyone else Ive missed :snigger:

I have been a bit tied up with my music so have not posted for a while. With xmas coming it is hard being a musician on top of my day job and with all that is going on regarding the pregnancy. However..... We will survive.

DW has constantly been having pains in the abdomen. She says it feels like stretching. I guess this is just the uterus making way for the growing embie... Has anyone had this as well?

Midwife appointment is on the 12th dec and our 12 week scan is on new years eve.. Been thinking about getting a heart monitor but everyone seems to think it is a bad idea.

I hope everyone is fine and wish you all the best. I may not post that often but I assure you I read the posts everyday and it is what keeps me going.

Regards to all

kaborex

Bunty

unregistered

Thursday, December 3rd 2009, 9:23pm

Sheen - I am wetting myself about scan!! :rolleyes: Do you have a scanner? If so I can give you instructions about how to load photos through photobucket?

Kaborex

Quoted

DW has constantly been having pains in the abdomen. She says it feels like stretching. I guess this is just the uterus making way for the growing embie... Has anyone had this as well?
I dont know a single preggie lady who doesnt feel this!! It absolutely normal!! Im still getting this at 10 weeks plus

blowkiss

Thursday, December 3rd 2009, 9:50pm

BUnty, thanks for the post and very sorry to hear about your loss too. I think I will book in for a scan shortly before Christmas. If it doesn't go well then bang goes Christmas and we haven't told anyone this time. HB doesn't want to tell anyone until we have our scan in February at 17 week (please God). This is fair enough.

Would love to see your scan pics sheen_Bri. It must have been so exciting. By the way, I had a few nights of not sleeping last week too but luckily it cleared up - so hopefully yours will too and it was just excitement of the scan.

The stretching feeling that kaborex describes is the only symptom that I have had so far. If this does all work out then happydance
Sep '09 - 9w 3d - MMC
Bubba is a little girl!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "wishdust" (Dec 3rd 2009, 9:52pm)

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 22nd 2008

Children: Beautiful twin daughters and two grown up stepdaughters

Friday, December 4th 2009, 12:53pm

Hello lovely ladies (and gent!).

Well, lots of news from me.....I saw my GP three weeks ago and she referred me to the midwife team but three weeks later plus loads of phone calls etc. I have heard nothing so I have given up on the NHS. I am too anxious to be messed around and I need to have someone reliable that I can contact when I am worried.

I had a scan at 7 week whilst on holiday in Australia and a scan at the ACU at 8 weeks. In the last couple of weeks I have been to see two private obsetricians and I got scanned at each appointment. The obstetrician I have choosen has his own private midwife and they will both be at all my appointments. I have been given the midwife's mobile number and can contact her 24/7 if I have any concerns. The deal I have with the obstetrician is that he will scan me at every appointment because what takes him 2 minutes gives me days (or perhaps just hours) of peace of mind. So I will be seeing the twins at 13, 16 and 20 weeks. DH is moaning about the cost but I feel so much better knowing that I now have some control over what is happening.

And today I had my NT scan at the Fetal Medical Centre ("FMC"). It was fantastic....a super amazing detailed scan of the twins for more than 45 minutes. My age related Downs risk of 1/199 was reduced to 1/4,000 and is probably lower but that is as low as the computer went. NT (the fluid behind their necks) was tiny and we got to see their brains (huge!), working kidneys already producing urine, nasal bones (the absence of which is a marker for Downs), the blood flow through the heart, the blood flow to the placentas etc. plus loads of waving hands and kicking feet. It looked like I had an octopus inside me at times. I know that the NT scan is not for everyone and it is personal choice but I am someone that likes to be prepared for all eventualities and know the risks. For anyone else that is considering having the NT scan and is based in London, I highly recommend the FMC as I thought they were incredibly thorough and they were constantly explaining what they were seeing which was very reassuring (and had me in floods of tears at times).

As for symptoms, I have been feeling sick most of the time since about 6 weeks but feel very lucky that I have not actually been sick. I am finally accepting that the AF type pains are normal. I have had them constantly since ET but 5 scans have shown the babies to be fine. I have had a sudden burst of weight gain this week, having only put on about 2lbs in the first 11 weeks I have suddenly put on another 5lbs this week which is quite a shock!!!! A small bump is starting to show and I don't think it will come as any surprise when I tell work next week.

Lots of hugs to those of you who are feeling sicky, although if you feel anything like me you won't really want hugging and will want to be left alone. It is good to see lots of scans being arranged. At this stage they are the best thing to set our minds at rest.

babydust to all.
Newly Wed

ICSI December 2008 - chemical pregnancy
ICSI May 2009 - BFN
FET September 2009 - BFP
Beautiful twin girls born 30 April 2010

JVA

Ace

Friday, December 4th 2009, 4:42pm

:hello:

Wow some lovely posts on here from everyone :D

Wishdust - Welcome, always lovely to have a newbie on here! Sorry about your previous miscarriage, I can imagine how anxious you are this time, I am bad enough and it is my first time! You will no doubt feel so much more relieved once you have your scan.

Newly Wed - Great to hear from you and get an update. Wow the latest scan sounds amazing, all the things you could see!

You and Bunty have certainly reassured me about the AF pains. I too had these since ET particularly bad the first 5wks but they calmed down to be taken over by the nausea. However I have been worried the last few days as my tummy has been hurting again but not quite the same pains, now around the sides and lower down? I mentioned in to the midwife yesterday and she said it is the ligaments stretching but I could also have a urine infection so this is beig checked. Today I have def felt stretching pains - they are nice though.

Kaborex - Hi, Sounds like your DW is getting all the same symptoms as us :snigger:

I must admit I was worrying last night as I was not as bloated as normal and my (.)(.) do not hurt much anymore plus my sickness was better - cannot win eh! My DH is being so patient with me, as I am forever asking him for reassurance.

Sheen Bri - Sounds like you are worrying just as much as all of us, so you are in good company :snigger:

I made it into work today as I felt better only to find that they were painting the hall outside our office and the paint smell was awful. Ended up with headache and felt faint so I went out for a walk which got rid of it but it started straight away when I returned so I had to come home early and have been working from home. I hope the paint fumes have not caused my little baby any harm ?(

Well, thank crunchy it is Friday. I am going to write some xmas cards out and we are putting our tree up. I also have my best friends popping round to see me for lunch tomorrow. Normally we go out to a nice pub but I am making lunch here at home instead :D

Wishing you all a fab weekend (3wks til xmas!!!)

:bye:
Jessica

Friday, December 4th 2009, 10:45pm

Hey Mummys and Dadddys!

Bunty- don't be scared!!! just think your'll see your babies heart beat! and it will bring you to tears!xxxxxx sending you lots of hugs!

Jess- Paint sounds awful!! I have a cafe next door and the breakfast smell lunch smell oil smell makes me sick! and you can smell its badly!!!!!! At least you have a nice weekend planned! x
How are we?????

yes i have been worried first day back to work since last sat as i have been off with cold!!! :-( still have it to be honest. I finally got a chair at work today with a back, As i work in retail (sales) they we dont get to sit down, but i told my Regional manager i needed a chair and i got one!

I am sooooooooo bloated people , my hubby is keeps saying you sure its not fat!!!!!!! LOL xxx

Am i meant to be bloated at 7 weeks???? I look 3/4 months preg already!!!!!!!!

xxxxxxx

babydust to all my fellow friends!!!
Good Luck everyone

JVA

Ace

Saturday, December 5th 2009, 9:31am

Sheen Bri - Oh no a cafe next door! I would not be able to cope with that one bit. It is a struggle at home when my DH cooks our dinner, I am normally running to the loo several times before we sit down to eat!!!

Glad you got a chair too! I sit down all day in the office but am finding I need to get up and walk around a bit otherwise my belly hurts.

Bloatednedd - Uuummm, completely normal. I have looked 3/4mths pregnant ever since ET, mainly due to the pessaries but even more so the last week. So be prepared to feel even more bloated. My tummy gets huge after lunch and seems to grow bigger until bedtime :snigger: By the morning it seems to go down a little though. I am really looking forward to getting bigger and being proud to show I am pregnant!

Really looking forward to stopping the pessaries too :D

Enjoy your weekend
Jessica

Saturday, December 5th 2009, 10:29am

Hi ladies

I agree with the bloatedness!! In a morning you can't even tell that I am pregnant but by the evening I am rubbing my belly like I am 6 months gone!! Had a few shooting pains yesterday but after reading all your posts I think they are just growing pains!! I have a scan on Monday so really looking forward to that, I have paid to have my nuchal scan at a private clinic so that is 2 weeks later on the 21st so got loads to look forward to.

Still not heard anything from my midwife or hospital for my NHS 12 week scan even though so I am going to leave it until Wednesday when I am 10 weeks then chase her. I am also going to find out if I can swap midwifes so I can have one that knows what she is doing and can put me at ease with any concerns, (she has only just gone into midwifry recently) When I asked about my scan she asked if I was feeling anxious, I said yes abit as its taken me ages to get to this point so she asked me if I suffered from depression then gave me a leaftlet on domestic violence to read??!!

Anyway thats enough moaning from me!!

Have a great weekend ladies and bumps xxx

Reg: Jan 4th 2010

Saturday, December 5th 2009, 11:42am

Hello my lovelys

How you all doing??!!! Sorry have been hiding but with work and a wee one (well he is 8) at home I have just been shattered. Happy to say that the sickness is lessening now. Still sick at work once or twice a day but its more constant indigestion!!!! Arg. lol. Agree with the bloatedness. look normal in the morning by the end of the day you would think I had 3 in there!!!!! I am starting to round of a little around my pelvic bone and can feel the top of my utarus now :):)

Had a bit of a scare on Thursday when I went to the toilet and saw a little bit of red when I whipped. Tried to phone the midwife but was no one in. Went home and litrally the second I put the doppler on the HB was right there happily beating away so that made me feel so much better!!!!!! Got a cracking sore head the day though!!!

Its all been happening on here with scans ladies. You are so lucky seeing your wee ones :) I cant wait till our scan on the 14th, we will be 14 weeks then so hoping it will be good. No NT scans up here though. nearest place that does them is 4 hours away!!!! we get the bloods at 16 weeks. And I am going to hide out here until my scan if thats ok, a little nervous about moving to second tri!!!!!

A x x x x x x

Sunday, December 6th 2009, 10:48pm

Hey mummies daddies and bumps!

How are we all?

I went to birmingham for the weekend my baby cousin it was her 21st bday, not really a baby, She is a student had a house party, and those students are crazzzzyyyyyyy, Soon left! lol

My best friend is also pregnant she has just gone past 3 months so it was good to se her to, though poor thing has been suffering badly with sickness, She is constantly throwing up, whatever she eats comes back out. Poor thing recently came out of hospital as she couldn't keep anything down so was put on drips for 3-4 days. It was lovely to see her and compare pictures of the scan and any help and advise she could give me!

Feeling sick today, and yesterday traveling really got me , I have been told to have lemon drops ( hard sweets) sucking on them really helps, the car ride was the worst.

Im still really scared and nervous, I am sooooo bloated its unreal, my hubby thinks im eating to much but im not!!!!! i do eat but not as much as he bloody thinks!!!!! I have spoken to a few people and from what you guys are telling me bloating is a good sign!!!! So i will carry on doing what i am doing!!!

My Midwife told me to take omgea 3 fish tablets is anyone else taking these???? I dont eat FISH at all!!!!!!! I have been having so odd odd dreams again i have heard its alll normal! but these dreams are odd but so real! lol,

Jess -thanks for advise on bloating and yeah the cafe actually makes me heave and it 's a issue out of my control, but if i get worse i'll speak to my regional manager,

I hope bunty, kaborex,wishdust and anyone else i have missed out are great and had a lovely weekend!

babydust! xxxxxxxxxxxx
Good Luck everyone

Monday, December 7th 2009, 8:55am

Hi Sheen

Just wanted to mention that I take Sanatogen mother to be + omega 3 as I dont eat fish either, they are a double pack of vitamins, Folic acid in one bottle and omega 3 in the other. (I am sure I dont have to tell you but make sure you dont get cod liver oil by mistake!)

I have another scan today at 11.45 so I am very excited and get to ask loads of questions!!

Had an ok weekend, did some baking but had a really bad headache all day, I think I am struggling to find anything to drink that I really like (miss my cups of tea!!)

Have a great week ladies

Emma xx

Monday, December 7th 2009, 12:55pm

Hey girls I spotted a few people with sickness on the thread. Ginger is brilliant for morning sickness. I used it the last time, when I was graced with the funny tummy syndome and it worked wonders. Even a little bit shreded very finely in your salad could save hours of discomfort. Also keep an eye out for ginger tea or ginger cordial. :D
Sep '09 - 9w 3d - MMC
Bubba is a little girl!

Monday, December 7th 2009, 4:36pm

Hello again!

Back from my 2nd scan and cant stop smiling, spooky measures 31.6mm which is just right for the stage that I am, it was a great scan whilst we were looking he gave us a wave lol. I still keep laughing now - hopefully that image will keep me going until the 12 week scan.

Coming off the pessaries on Wednesday so that's good (even though I am now thinking what if baby needs them for a bit longer!!) But I am sure that the hospital knows what they are talking about!

Take care everyone

Emma xx

Bunty

unregistered

Monday, December 7th 2009, 4:42pm

Wonderful news Emma!! I LOVE it when the start moving and taking on little baby characteristics... makes your heart go lurve

My turn tomorrow and I dont mind admitting Im absolutely packing it. I have never got to this stage with there being some trouble... so xfingers

Monday, December 7th 2009, 4:53pm

Hi Bunty

Good Luck for tomorrow, I am sure that before you know it you will be on here smiling like a cheshire cat telling us all about your scan.

Fingers crossed for you luvvie xx

Monday, December 7th 2009, 7:48pm

bunty goodluck babe for tomorrow!!! xxxxx

and thanks for the advise spankysbird! x

babydust xxxxxxxxxx
Good Luck everyone

landi

Superstar

United Kingdom

Monday, December 7th 2009, 8:53pm

Hi,

Just a quickie to say good luck with your scan tomorrow Bunty.

So pleased everything went well for you Emma.

Hope everyone is well.

Sorry it's not a long post.

xx

LAURA

JVA

Ace

Tuesday, December 8th 2009, 7:42am

Hi All,

Good luck for your scan Bunty, really hope everything is great for you and DH.

Emma - Congrats on your latest scan, sounds fab!

I had a great weekend and started feeling really positive only to have an absolutely terrible day yesterday. Woke up feeling sick, which has not happened for a while in the morning, went to work and felt dreadful and was heaving by lunchtime so had to come home. Had the worst avo and eve, kept running to the loo and could not keep any of my food down. Struggled thru my dinner cos I did not feel like it but knew I needed to eat and then it did not stay down anyway :sadface:

Did not sleep at all and have an awful headache today and my tummy is so painful, particularly the right side where the baby is - I am sssooo worried so I may call the docs later.

Does anybody experience a painful tummy when they are being sick? I am sure it is probably from the sickness and the stomach muscles being wrenched but I am worried.....

So another day off work today, which makes me feel guilty, I have been in tears all morning, poor DH came to say goodbye to me and I broke down - not what a man needs on his way out the door eh!

Sorry for the me me me post.

Bunty - We will all be waiting to hear from you blowkiss

Hi to everyone else
Jessica

landi

Superstar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, December 8th 2009, 8:58am

Oh Jess sweetie :hugs:
I'm so sorry you are feeling like this. I have replied in your other thread, but I think it's due to the stomach muscles being wrenched. I've been suffering the same due to all the coughing that I've been doing.
So I'm off work today as well. I don't like to think of you getting so upset. I don't know what else to say, except you have my numbers and can call me whenever.

I feel like shite today. Been up half the night as my sinus' are blocked, my cough is really bad aqnd throat is sore again. I'm so frustrated as I can't take anything except strepsils. I've been coughing up rubbish but because my nose is bloked I've been choking half way through my cough. Which is really scary, so I called in sick today. Like you Jess, I felt really guilty, but I just kept thinking that if I keep going in I'm not going to get any better as all the kids have got colds and coughs. Plus I had to do a double shift on Friday and yesterday and I think it really has done me in.

Good luck for today Bunty.

I'll be getting complete rest today and plenty of fluids.
Lots of love to all of you.

xx

LAURA

Bunty

unregistered

Tuesday, December 8th 2009, 9:29am

Thank you all so much for wishing me luck, it means so much... my scan is at 2.40pm and I am so very afraid. I have had 2 twelve week scans this year. One, in January showed no heartbeart - and the second in August showed lethal abnormalities. So even though all seems to have been going well this time, and the last problems seem to be just bad luck.... I dont know any different than failure at this stage. It's a huge milestone for us.

It does make you realise how very precious every second of this journey is! I know the odds are with me for this one to be OK... but I guess it's only natural to be shaking in my boots right now.

blowkiss

Reg: Jan 4th 2010

Tuesday, December 8th 2009, 9:46am

Oh Bunty good luck and will be fingers and toes crossed for you.

A x x x x

Noodles

Reg: Apr 21st 2008

Children: DS 22, dd died aged 9 days, DS 12, DS 9, x4 miscs

Tuesday, December 8th 2009, 3:43pm

Hi Laura and everyone else feeling rotten with coughs, colds and ms! whoops3

Just a little thought that although you can't take Lemsip, do try hot lemon and real honey - I put 2 or 3 slices of organic lemon in a cup (it's better to include the skin as it contains oils), pour on boiling water, and stir in one teaspoon of honey. I use Manuka honey because it is supposed to have extra anti-bacterial properties, but all honey is anti-bacterial and soothing. It really helps!

So refreshing, even nice for ms.

Also, I am very keen on the natal hypnotherapy cds for relaxation, morning sickness, you name it, there is a cd for it! If you are interested just put natal hypnotherapy into Google. And no, I don't have shares in the company! (I am a midwife however, and think they are fantastic - the ones for birth really help women to stay relaxed.) Just a personal opinion but I have known lots of women get benefit from them. (of course they won't suit everyone...)
Noodles

Noodles

Reg: Apr 21st 2008

Children: DS 22, dd died aged 9 days, DS 12, DS 9, x4 miscs

Tuesday, December 8th 2009, 3:44pm

Very best wishes to Bunty for today, will be checking later to see how your scan went ...
Noodles

3 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

3 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE