You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Aug 3rd 2009

Friday, January 8th 2010, 1:29pm

Has it arrived yet wishdust? I opted for the vee because i hog the bed so much already if i got a big pillow i would end up pushing him on to the floor! tee hee.
TTC since 05. 2 mc, 1 nat 1 IVF. Diagnosed with APS.IVF apr 11 :BFP: Fletcher was born xmas day '11!

Reg: Mar 17th 2008

Children: Twins!

Friday, January 8th 2010, 2:54pm

hi all! hope you're all well...

I made it through the snow to meet my midwife today. She already had access to my medical records via the GP's computer system, so she didn't ask that many questions, just filled out some forms, took my blood pressure and asked which hospital I wanted to use. We eventually decided to go back to St Mary's where I had my IVF rather than go to Bury, which is closer. I figured it will be better if they have all my IVF notes to hand in case they need anything and it might mean I can get away without some of the duplicated blood tests like HIV and thalassaemia. I was quite pleased when she said that I will still get a 12 week scan as the sonographer wasn't sure when I had my 8 week if I still got one at 12. She also said that as well as the normal 20 week scan, they'll give me regular growth scans from 24 weeks onwards to keep an eye on the twins. Lots to look forward to....

jasper - I've had the itchy nipples on and off over the last week. The thing is the more you scratch, the more they itch, so I'm trying to just ignore them at the moment! :snigger:

kayleigh - I had my first scan a lot later than yours, but at 8 weeks exactly, my little ones measured about 14 mm. Probably not very helpful right now, but maybe for next time?

2mums - pronunciation of 'nuchal' - http://www.merriam-webster.com/cgi-bin/a…al01.wav=nuchal

I started looking at pillows during a bout of insomnia earlier in the week, but I have found that a rolled up spare duvet works just as well for now! Save myself a few bob to fix our stupid broken boiler!!

:smile:
* Emma * :smile:
TTC 8 yrs PCOS - Clomidx10 - IVFx3
Nov 2009 Last try: Short protocol ICSI - wonderful BFP!!! -
TWINS!!
: D

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Aiwah" (Jan 8th 2010, 2:58pm)

2mums

Star

Reg: Jun 28th 2008

Children: One gorgeous son

Friday, January 8th 2010, 4:01pm

Oooh I've just seen a pillow called the Comfort U body pillow, looks awesome if rather large! Poor Mum2 might end up getting pushed out of bed!

Emma, glad your midwife appt went well.

ICSI Apr09 BFN
ICSI Jul09 BFP m/c (blighted ovum)
ICSI Nov09 :BFP:
:boy:

Reg: Dec 30th 2008

Friday, January 8th 2010, 4:20pm

Kaleigh, I bought it in Mamas and Papas. Its a big enough pillow - big enough for DH to gumble about his kingdom :)
2Mums - the Comfort U body pillows look mighty comfy alright but your DH would have to sleep in the moses basket until Buba arrives! Or you could put up a tent in the garden :) :tent:
Apr '09 - Lap & Dye (I blocked tube - adhesions removed from other)
July '09 :BFP:
Sep '09 - 9w 3d - MMC
Oct '09 :BFP:
Bubba is a little girl!

2mums

Star

Friday, January 8th 2010, 4:37pm

Bit cold for a tent! :snigger: Better find Mum2 a moses basket then!

ICSI Apr09 BFN

Friday, January 8th 2010, 4:57pm

2mums and wishdust- I just have images of our partners all rolled up cold on the floor and us all compfy with our over-sized pillows for the next 7 or 8 months!

Got another question (so full of them) I'm not really 'suffering' from morning sickness but if i dont eat nearly every couple of hours i start to feel very travel sick and quiet faint, anyone got any tips for me? I'm trying small portions of fruit and veg to try not to over eat but its not making me feel better.
TTC since 05. 2 mc, 1 nat 1 IVF. Diagnosed with APS.IVF apr 11 :BFP: Fletcher was born xmas day '11!

Friday, January 8th 2010, 5:43pm

kayleigh - I've had all-day nausea for the past few weeks, but when it gets really bad, I reach for my bag of fizzy cola bottles or haribos. OK not exactly the healthiest snack, but it seems to help to stop the queasiness for a little while.
TWINS!!

Jasper

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Friday, January 8th 2010, 7:04pm

Hi everyone,

It's been a busy day on here again! Do you go online at work???

Well, what an amazing day we have had. We had the scan toay and couldn't beleive how much Bambino had grown and changed. He was moving around so much. It was so lovely to see and so much better than I ha imagined. I've had a few scans at the clinic throughout the treatment and always wondered what it would be like to see a baby on the screen, and now we have!

I hope you are all well. I'm going to look online tonight at these pillows and also some sort of pregnancy record book. Can anyone recommend one? I would like somewhere to put the scan pictures and record memorable events. I may even visit somewhere like Mothercare or Mama's and Papa's but I have to say that I'm a bit scared. I still feel like it's early days and I don't want to get over excited.

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Reg: Oct 20th 2009

Children: none

Saturday, January 9th 2010, 12:33pm

Hi girls
Really busy on here. My bleeding has almost stopped for the 1st time in nearly three weeks. Thank god!! Am still really taking things easy, purchased 3 pregnancy books and scared myself reading about a molar pregnancy which can cause brown bleeding. Anyway am getting a bump - tried the redbush tea you all talked about and have only been able to drink hot water ever since!!!!! Really tired too, need a wee sleep during the day. Hope you are all well.
Katie
2007-2008 - 6Xclomid - no ovulation
Dec 2008 - IVF - :BFN:
Dec 2009 - ICIS - :BFP:
babydust

Reg: Apr 4th 2008

Children: We now have a gorgeous new little baby daughter! can't believe i can say that now!!! :D

Saturday, January 9th 2010, 5:59pm

Hey Jasper i know how you feel.. I'm still bit scared too...even posting here! lmao... I got a really really nice Pregnancy Journal in Mammas and Pappas and it has little pockets to keep scan photos etc... gives you little hints and tips along the way too, it really is quite cute. It lets you keep a little record of how you have been feeling too and how dad is feeling etc... It's sweet :)

Katie i've also been really really tired... I'm putting it down to be stressed though about my exam on Monday... (dn't want to give in to the fact that it could be pregnancy related just yet lol) First i've heard of this redbush tea... Think i'll give it a shot too :yes:

I like the u shape pillows too... Handy for if your considering breast feeding too (apparantly) :yes:

Hope everybody is keeping cosy... I'll catch up after my exam on Mon girlies :pinch: Have a nice weekend :thumbsup:

First ICSI Dec '09 :BFP: :weehee:

Saturday, January 9th 2010, 6:28pm

Ladybug- Good luck for your exam.

Katie- Great news that the bleeing is stopping.

Im feeling so sleepy, could be I'm stuck in in all this snow so I havent done alot! Really want to get back to work this week, hopefully the snow will let up and i can actually start to do things during the day.

Reg: Apr 4th 2008

Children: We now have a gorgeous new little baby daughter! can't believe i can say that now!!! :D

Saturday, January 9th 2010, 7:29pm

Thanks Kayleigh... I'm feeling like that too.. Prob also because i havnt done much either with this weather... Hope you get back to work and start feeling much more perkier huni.
I came on here to ask you ladies something and i forget now what it was ???? hmm

First ICSI Dec '09 :BFP: :weehee:

Sunday, January 10th 2010, 3:31pm

wishdust- your so cruel (hahaha)

A friend of mine is 16 weeks pregnant and she just found out what the sex is, for a second i actually forgot i was pregnant and and was sooo jealous! Im loosing my mind tee hee!

This weather is so annoying we are stuck in because non of the roads are gritted and all the shops are shut.

How is everyone getting on in this cold 'snap'?

Reg: Dec 15th 2008

Children: 1 angel

Sunday, January 10th 2010, 4:48pm

Hi Ladybug .. good luck on your exam tomorrow :goodluck: .. have to admit I am so over the studying and can't wait til Friday .. it will be my last one.

I think i'm still in shock, i will be 5 weeks pregnant tomorrow but it hasn't actually sunk in .. doesn't help that there aren't any symptoms apart from the need to eat everything in sight and wanting to sleep all the time but I put that down to the cold weather!!!

I have my first scan on the 21st Jan and am hoping all goes well .. I have to be honest some of the current threads have really frightened me and I am praying everything is ok.

I definitely need to be back at work as i am going crazy at home even though I should have been revising .. oh well if I don't know it by now I won't know it by 2.30 tomorrow!!!! :hairout

Sunday, January 10th 2010, 5:08pm

Nicola- Good luck for your exam on friday. I havent stopped eating since ET! I understand why you would be anxious reading somethings and it wouldnt be selfish of you not to read them if it will really worry you.

I was naughty this afternoon and booked another scan (i think i have a disorder hehe) so i have one on the 20th and the 30th january then i will have to try real hard after that not to have anymore untill the NHS ones.

Sunday, January 10th 2010, 5:28pm

Hi Kayleigh,

Am definitely going to try not to read them, i guess because I m/c previously i am over zealous to the point of obsessing on this .. hubby is threatening to ban me from FZ!!! But i do need my fixes!!

My first exam is tomorrow and I can't wait ... have to make sure i don't drink anything as it is 2 hours long and i am not able to stop myself from wanting to go to the loo!!!!

I think once I have my first scan, I will definitely book extra privately!!

Hope all's well x

Sunday, January 10th 2010, 6:06pm

I totally understand, when i mc i went on Babycentre too much i had to stop myself going on the net completely. Then when the IVF started i was on the search engines scaring myself. The support of FZ has been fantastic but that is partly because if your having a bad day you can stay away.

Will be thinking of you this week with your exams, are they all goin ahead even in the snow?

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Sunday, January 10th 2010, 6:49pm

Hi everyone,

Snow was forecast for us today, I have been looking out the window every 5 mins, but nothing!

I was reading in the local paper today about people who struggled through the snow last week to get to hospital to give birth. Atleast we won't have to worry about that as the sun will be shining when it's our turn!!!! :cheeers:

Nicola, Kayleigh & Laybug - I'm impressed that you are studying for exams at this time, but maybe it's a welcome distraction!

Nicola- Don't let the threads frighten you. The way to look at it is that there are 100's of people on here and people only tend to be asking for advice when they have some concerns. As for the pregnancy sinking in, I'm 11 weeks tomorrow and have ha 2 scans but it still doesn't feel real at times!

Kayleigh- I also forget I'm pregnant at times and look at mums with bumps with jealousy and then remember that I have a small bump starting to grow, hiding under my winter jumpers!!!

I went to Mothercare yesteray and bought a huge pillow, which is so comfy but unfortunately one of my cats has taken a shine to it too. She is gong to have a shock in 6 months when she's not No.1 anymore! They also had some really good reductions on maternity bra's. They had a few baby books and pregnancy journals. I went for a preganacy journal that I will be filling out each week but I think it will be such a lovely record of the pregnancy both for me and DH and when the baby is older.

At my scan on Friday I was given a 'Certificate of Pregnancy' by the clinic to give to me doctor tomorrow, to get me booked in with a midwife. I might photocopy it and put it with scan photo's as a reminder that I really am pregnant!!!!!

Hope everyone else is well and had a nice weekend.

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Reg: Mar 10th 2009

Monday, January 11th 2010, 11:29am

Hi everyone hope you are all doing well, it sounds like you are.

Lots of people are having lots of scans, my doctor queried if it was healthy to have so many scans (I wanted an extra one) but I don't think there is any evidence to suggest it was unhealthy for babe. I think if you are able to have them good luck. I remember with my first pregnancy you didn't get a jot til 20wks and couldn't find out sex either!!

I am off to see the midwife shortly I am wondering if she will listen for a heartbeat?? I think I am too early for that yet but it would be nice. I will let you know.

The pregnancy journal sounds lovely, I am avoiding any thoughts of babystuff til after 12 wks even though it is soooo tempting.
7yr old DD Natural
2nd ICSI Nov 09
2 embies on board :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen 6.5 wks

2mums

Star

Monday, January 11th 2010, 11:34am

Hi everyone, hope you all had a good weekend.

Mine was pretty quiet... booked my NCT classes, watched a load of telly and finally indulged my Twiglet craving!

Good luck to everyone having exams this week xfingers , hope the snow doesn’t cause you too much disruption.

Jasper, I confess that I do go online at work! :snigger: Congratulations on your scan. I've been keeping a journal through out my IVF treatment and am just continuing with that now I'm pg – I bought a really nice A4 notebook and I stick all my scan pics etc in there.

Katie, great news that the bleeding has stopped. I seem to have gone off most hot drinks but over the weekend was craving Ribena… we drove around for an hour trying to find the sugar-free variety, nowhere seemed to have it but we found some in the end!

Kayleigh, I’m the opposite of you – I was hoping for more snow so I could have a day off! No such luck. I know what you mean about forgetting you’re pregnant… I still can’t believe it, even though I’ve had three scans! They are addicitve aren't they? I have another one on 22 Jan and after that will make myself wait for the NHS.

Nicola, please try not to worry about your scan, I know it can be scary when you read stuff that’s happened to other people but that doesn’t mean it will happen to you. I miscarried last time too so I do know how you feel…try to stay positive and stay away from those scary posts.

ICSI Apr09 BFN

Monday, January 11th 2010, 1:50pm

2mums- I'm so glad im not the only one that needs the reassurance of many scans! My DH and friends joke that i should just buy a machine myself!

Michy- My GP says the same that early pregnancy scans are not a good thing, based on the fact they can worry you, i tried to listen to him but i just feel i need them.tee hee.

Jasper- You will have to let me know how you get on with your pillow? I'm still waiting for mine to arrive.

I think i definately have morning sickness now, getting worse everyday. Have not been sick yet but i spent the first hour of my day heaving next to the toilet just incase. I can only describe it as feeling like i just got off the biggest rollercoaster ever!

I bought a maternity bra this morning from tesco for £4 what a bargain!

Sorry for going on but has anyone else found that your boobs are sore one day and ok the next????

2mums

Star

Monday, January 11th 2010, 1:58pm

Nope Kayleigh you're definitely not the only one! I can't wait til I'm at the right stage to get one of those fetal dopplers so I can hear the heartbeat - I think you can use them from 12 weeks but may be wrong...

I haven't had any boob pain at all. Can't say I'm massively impressed with my maternity bras... they're comfy and everything but I'm not convinced they're as supportive as my normal (underwired) bras. Might go with sports bras instead.

ICSI Apr09 BFN

Monday, January 11th 2010, 3:32pm

Hi

Midwife appointment went ok - they don't do anything regarding baby on this one. Just loads of questions and blood pressure etc. She will listen to heartbeat on wk 15 appt. So still have to wait now for 12 wk scan for any proper baby sign.

Kayleigh I have slight sensitivity in boobs and like all my mild symptoms I have them for 2 days then not for 2 days!! My latest thing is not feeling sick but having a watery mouth and nasty taste in it which makes me want to eat more! I am also drinking ribena more than tea at the mo 2mums.
7yr old DD Natural
2nd ICSI Nov 09

2mums

Star

Monday, January 11th 2010, 3:42pm

I wonder what it is about Ribena?! It's all I wanted over the weekend - nothing else would do!

Sounds like the midwife appt is just a formality at this stage but don't worry, the exciting stuff will come later!

ICSI Apr09 BFN

Monday, January 11th 2010, 4:50pm

I keep drinking capri sun! i actually think a cup of tea would make me sick.

Supposed to be getting signed back to work 2 weeks early this week, but if the morning sickness gets worse then i just cant see myself sitting in the bank trying to see customers whilst being green!

kd40

Ace

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 7th 2009

Children: One cheeky boy

Monday, January 11th 2010, 6:59pm

Hello everybody

Hope you are all well :) Don't know if I'm getting symptoms yet - but yesterday I couldn't even bear the thought of eating my fav soup - and today I could have thrown up after my morning walk - but felt fine after. I am eating loads though - I swear I've gone up a dress size since Christmas :(

Only 3 days til scan now - very excited and nervous!
:BFP: Dec 2009 - IVF 1st try - our little miracle!
:BFP: June 2011 - Natural - another complete miracle - fingers crossed all is ok

Monday, January 11th 2010, 7:35pm

Hi Ladies,

Had my exam today and am 5 weeks pregnant ... another week and fours days til first scan ... can't wait.

Kayleigh & 2mums definitely going to try and be more positive ... hope your all well

Nicola x

Monday, January 11th 2010, 8:04pm

Nicola- i hope the exam wasnt too bad.

KD40- 3 days i bet your so excited, i will be thinking of you and i hope it goes fast. sounds like your getting first throws of ms too! I've found it started like that and has got worse everyday for the last week.

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Monday, January 11th 2010, 9:00pm

Hi everyone,

2mums I am tempted to come on here at work but paranoid that the I.T dept will see and then guess that I am pregnant!

I have felt sick loads but never actually been sick. Kd40 - I have been eating non stop for weeks now, I'm glad leggings and big jumpers are in fasion. Comfy and room for my expanding belly!!!

I went to the doctors today to tell them that I am pregnant and get booked in with a midwife. I was in there a matter of minutes and they gave me the tel no for my local antenatal unit. I called them this morning and have my booking appt at 1.15 tomorrow, hows that for good service!!!! I was worried about being behind 'schedule' as my second scan was late, but I think I have caught up now!!!!

Hope everyone is well.

xx

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Tuesday, January 12th 2010, 8:25am

Well girls, how are you all. I have been very tired the last few days. Having 12 week/Nuchal Fold scan on Saturday. We'll be 12 weeks on Thursday. Must get up ... have shower .... drive to work ....
This is so tough
Sep '09 - 9w 3d - MMC
Bubba is a little girl!

Tuesday, January 12th 2010, 9:40am

Morning all

Can't wait to hear all about the scan KD40 very exciting.

Wishdust very interested to hear how the nuchal fold thing goes and the subsequent result. I have agreed to have one too but have yet to work out what I am to do if the result is not good re further tests.

I am feeling quite sicky this morning, I know this is a bit gross but has anyone else had their bowels effected by sicky feelings? It seems to loosen mine up in the morning, sorry for being yuk! Haven't heard anyone else ever say this before. This is the closest I have felt to actually being sick but still haven't yet!
7yr old DD Natural
2nd ICSI Nov 09

2mums

Star

Tuesday, January 12th 2010, 11:05am

Morning everyone, hope mums and bumps are well!

Seems like a lot of you are getting the dreaded morning sickness… I seem to have escaped, I only feel sick occasionally. Feeling really tired though, I start wanting to go to bead about 8.30pm!

Kd40, I wouldn’t worry about going up a dress size – in the not too distant future you’ll have a nice big bump and won’t care about not being able to fit into your jeans! Not long to wait til your scan, how exciting!

Nicola, hope your exam went OK. Glad to hear you’re thinking more positively. :smile:

Jasper, that’s great that you got a booking in appointment so quickly. Hope it goes well.

Wishdust, wow, I guess you’ll be off to 2nd tri soon! Sorry to hear you’re feeling so knackered, take things easy. Does everyone get the nuchal fold measurement taken as part of the 12 week scan? There’s so much I don’t know!

Michy, I’m having the opposite problem – really constipated most of the time.

ICSI Apr09 BFN

Tuesday, January 12th 2010, 12:18pm

Wishdust im so excited for you must feel great to think your nearly finished in the first tri!

2mums- Lucky escape on the MS!

Michy- My tummy is really playing up, sometimes i go too much then not at all. could be the fact im on cyclogest though.

I've had a fun morning woke up and thought i will not feel sick today and bingo for the first time i was actually sick whilst trying to eat a banana! can barely stand to long now! Im glad it comes and goes though!

Started wearing the maternity bra (probably way too early) but i feel free haha even my boobs dont seem to be as sore.

sorry if i missed anyone.

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Tuesday, January 12th 2010, 5:56pm

Hi everyone,

My booking appt went well but did seem quite rushed but it still took an hour!
I'm a bit disappointed though because it looks as though I won't be getting a 12 week scan. ;( The reason being that it is a dating scan an as it was IVF they know the date excatly. Has anyone else experienced this, it seems a little unfair to me. The midwife did say that I may get an appt but if I don't hear within a week I won't be getting one. I am going to look in to private scans as I really can't wait until 20 weeks! I was hoping to have the 12 week scan before telling everyone the happy news, I still feel abit scared about telling people. I did have a scan last week but that was part of my IVF 'package'.

I asked the midwife about maternity bra's and she said that they are not essential but it is essential to wear a well fitting bra. The maternity bra's seem OK for bed but they just haven't got the support for going out in public!!!!!! :snigger:

I had a mild panic when she was calculating my BMI as her finger was on the chart at about 40 for a few seconds, luckily she moved across to 23!!!! I know I have been eating non stop but I didn't think I had put on that much weight!!!!

Hope you are all well.

xx

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Tuesday, January 12th 2010, 6:54pm

Jasper i do know that some areas dont offer 12 week scans, but i thought you had them to check for downs syndrome too???? i have just booked a scan with babybond. might be worth seeing if there are any in your area.

I went to the GP this afternoon, he wont let me go back to work. to be honest im now a little bit glad because ive spent the day being sick.

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Tuesday, January 12th 2010, 7:32pm

Sorry to hear about the sickness Kayleigh, I have been lucky if you can say lucky to have only felt sick and never been sick.
I may book a scan with Babybond I'll see if an appt comes through first. I opted not to have any of the downs syndrome tests so maybe this is another reason I may not get a scan. I spoke to my brother who has 3 children and he said he would be surprised if they are organised enough to notice that my due date has already been calculated accurately and they will send me an appt. Fingers Crossed!!!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Tuesday, January 12th 2010, 8:07pm

Michy - We're only having the scan initially - which will check the fold and look at some other features like the nose. There is also a blood test apparently but we're just going for the scan. If the scan is suspect we will try go for the bloods then. Haven't thought that far ahead.

2Mums - Not sure about if this test is custom for all who get a 12 week scan. It has to be done at a specific time in pregnancy.
All I know if that there is an area of fluid behind the baby's neck and they measure that on the ultrasound. I'll be here for a while yet 2Mums - not ready to go just yet :)

Tuesday, January 12th 2010, 8:28pm

When I had my 8 week, the sonographer thought that I wouldn't get a 12 wk and just put down a recommended date for the 20 wk on my notes, but when I saw my midwife last week, she seemed sure that I will still get a 12 wk scan, so I'm not really sure what's going on now. I'll just wait and see if I get an appointment through from the hospital in the next couple of weeks, failing that I'll start looking into private scans because I don't think we can hold out for another 10 weeks before we see the little ones again.

2mums - so lucky you've evaded the MS monster!!

Michy - my guts have been all over the place too (not literally! hehe :P) - I just put it down to the cyclogest still doing its stuff. Rather be loose than constipated any day!!

Went to see my doc this morning and he's given me a sick note for another 2 weeks, but said to just take whatever I need and if I feel ok, I can go back to work any time. He was well happy for us!

Oh, and my boiler finally got fixed!! Wuhoo.... happydance!!
TWINS!!

Wednesday, January 13th 2010, 10:20am

yay aiwah you can stay lovely and warm now!

Jasper- hopefully you will get the scan through

I have managed to keep a banana and a bit of bread down, keep being told eat what you can and dont worry if its balanced, which is ok but yesterday i really wanted a pot noodle (i really dislike them usually) and i enjoyed it so much then i felt guilty all afternoon!

Its been 6 days since my scan and already i really want another, 6 more days to go untill we go to the ivf clinic.

2mums

Star

Wednesday, January 13th 2010, 11:16am

Jasper and Emma, I hope you do manage to get a 12-week scan, that’s got me worried now! Surely anyone who wants the nuchal fold test needs to get one?

Kayleigh you poor thing, hope the sickness eases. Try ginger – it’s meant to help with ms. Sounds like you’ve turned in to a scan addict! :snigger:

Wishdust, glad you’ll be sticking around for a while! That sounds sensible about the nuchal fold, I expect I’ll be doing the same when it’s my turn - assuming I get one! No point having extra tests if everything looks OK!

Emma, thanks goodness your boiler is fixed, it’s freezing! :winter:

ICSI Apr09 BFN

Wednesday, January 13th 2010, 11:20am

Morning everyone

The loose bowels are certainly getting worse and I was nearly sick in Sainsbury's heaving all the way round especially at some of the smells, I did have to run to the toilet tho. Defo getting worse now. I have decided to do the rest of my shopping online for the foreseeable future!!

12 week scan is definitely dependant on area. My friend paid privately for hers in Bath but we get them automatically and you opt in or out of nuchal fold test. I am having it along with bloods they do. It is offered to all ages here but in some areas it may be just to people over 35.

My 12wk scan date has come through! biggrin2 It is 8th Feb so I will be 12 wks three days. Roll on that date.

Kayleigh don't feel guilty you are suffering so you have whatever you can.

Aiwah yey to boiler fix and I agree loose is better.

Wishdust, yes I am stage at time with tests and seeing how I feel then.

Jasper - hopefully you will get a scan but try not to worry I didn't have a scan til 20wks with 1st pregnancy and by about 13wks you should be able to hear the babys heartbeat so maybe you could ask your midwife to put your mind at rest with that?? That way you might feel more comfortable telling people and work. Have faith tho all will be well xxx

2mums lucky you altho I am happy and reassured by sickness for now. I didnt get a scrap with 1st pregnancy so knew I was unlikely to escape with both pregnancies!! I am going to bed too early and waking in the night because of tiredness - need afternoon naps!
:xxx3:
7yr old DD Natural
2nd ICSI Nov 09

Reg: Oct 23rd 2009

Wednesday, January 13th 2010, 1:00pm

Hi all

can i join your thread i am in my 1st trimester and sufferieng with the lovel morning sickness ( allday) this is my 1st successful cycles and i feel blessed to have a BFP

xx

Michelle

Wednesday, January 13th 2010, 1:17pm

newshy knock, knock, can i come in?

I can't tell you how amazing it is to be here! Got a BFP last week but had some bleeding and was worried sick but scan yesterday showed everything to be fine with my little baby and we saw a lovely heartbeat. I am somewhere between 6w 2d and 7w 2d (measurement didn't quite match up to dates but i'm not worried about that.)

As it's my second time, i keep comparing my symptoms this time to when i was pregnant with my dd and i have to say that there are quite a few differences already. Every single pregnancy really is unique! I used cyclogest last time so i think lots of it is to with that - Kayleigh, i had a runny tummy last time right up until i stopped the cyclogest at 8 weeks and this time i am constipated......i'm not sure which is better :snigger:

Anyway, i'm really looking forward to getting in here when i can to see how you ladies are getting on!

x

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Michelle" (Jan 13th 2010, 1:18pm)

Wednesday, January 13th 2010, 1:25pm

jamielou1, Welcome!! Great to have you here. You will feel right at home because our chitter chatter has been mainly about ms this week. We all have it in some shape or form. You must be very excited with your BFP - congratulations :)

Well, tomorrow I am 12 weeks and today is the worst I have ever felt. I feel a bit down actually which I think is due to the tiredness and slight nausea.

Looking forward to our scan on Saturday - but I think subconciously I am worried about going for the next doctors visit because she will weigh me again and give out to me. My BMI is over 30 :( I haven't pigged out over christmas and haven't been picking so I hope i haven't put on any weight.

[Edit] Michelle - welcome too :)

WD

Wish Dust
Sep '09 - 9w 3d - MMC
Bubba is a little girl!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "wishdust" (Jan 13th 2010, 1:26pm)

Michelle

Wednesday, January 13th 2010, 1:35pm

Awww wishdust, sorry you're feeling down. Surely you're allowed to have put on some weight though? You're pregnant! If they tell you off, tell them to stick it :smile:

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

Reg: Oct 23rd 2009

Wednesday, January 13th 2010, 2:02pm

Wishdust... thanks for the welcome i was on the December Dreamers thread whilst going through my treatment and found it a great support, i wish you all the luck with your scan this week , i wouldnt worry about putting any weight on by 8 weeks they say you have already 10-15% more blood and water in your body ( god i must have 40% lol already)

xx

Wednesday, January 13th 2010, 2:16pm

welcome and congrats to jamielou1 and Michelle.

Wishdust i would have to agree with the others and tell them to stick it if they moan about your weight!

michy- cyclogest is lovely stuff haha, to be totally honest i dont even know what its for! i just take it because i have to!

2mums- i am definately a scan addict! i have too much time on my hands at the moment!

I just bought anti sickness wrist bands, been told they really help so will give them ago. I am trying different things everyday. today i am not going to eat meals as such, just pick when im hungry touch wood ive kept down a nice amount of food today.

2mums

Star

Wednesday, January 13th 2010, 2:21pm

Welcome Jamielou and Michelle, congrats on your BFPs.

Jamielou, when's your first scan? Or have you had it already?

Wishdust sorry you're feeling bad. Try not to worry about the weight thing, sounds like you've been eating sensibly so whatm ore do they expect you to do?!

Kayleigh, hope the bands do the trick.

I'm feeling so tired today (what's new!) - I can't wait til the weekend so I can get some extra sleep. I was meant ot be going to a friend's party on Saturday but it's been cancelled because of the weather. It's a shame but to be honest I was wondering how I'd stay awake for it!

I'm looking forward to my 10+3 scan next week but a little apprehensive in case anything is wrong. No reason why it would be - I'm just a worrier! Not sure whether it's because I miscarried last time or the fact that I'm a pessimist, maybe a mixture of both. My thinking goes along the lines of: "It feels too good to be true that I'm finally pg. So therefore something must be wrong/ about to go wrong." Is anyone else having thoughts like that or is it just me? I keep reminding myself that just over a week ago Bobble was doing just fine with a lovely strong heartbeat.

ICSI Apr09 BFN

Wednesday, January 13th 2010, 2:27pm

2mums- this is one of the reasons i feel i need scans all the time, right from the beginning i dont even like talking out loud because im scared by saying something i might make it go wrong. i am worried 24 hours a day that something will happen to me. Im sure its because of previous miscarriage and mayb it will get easier in time??? I really hope that you do start to feel a little more positive. I dont want to sit a quote too much but i was on the miscarriage ass website last week and they have stats of miscarriage at certain times of prg. It states that a hb seen at 10 weeks means a 98.6 percent chance of all being well. (the main reason i booked a ten week scan)

this figure might reassure you a little.

4 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

4 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE