You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Mar 27th 2009

Children: Two the way!

Wednesday, December 29th 2010, 5:14pm

Hi Ladies, please can I join you? I got my Bfp on 17th Dec and I'm 6 weeks today. I'm so over the moon but also a nervous wreck! I have my scan on 4 Jan and it can't come quick enough. I've been having mild cramping on my right side the last couple of days, has anyone else had cramping? Xxx
[zx076] [zx076] seen at 6w5d scan
IT'S TWINS!!!!!
TTC 5 years
Ist IVF APR 2009 - BFN
2nd IVF with ICSI SEP 2009 - BFN
3rd IVF with ICSI Dec 2010 - :BFP:
2008 - 6 x cycles of clomid all BFN

Reg: Apr 27th 2010

Children: one boy (naturally concived, somehow!!!) One on the way!! yehh

Wednesday, December 29th 2010, 5:21pm

hoping the scan is gorgeous xxxx well done

ellabella welcome hunnie xxx and congrats on your BFP most of us have had a bit of cramping hun so dont worry! the muscles and ligaments and stuff are all moving and baby is growing think thats what causes the cramping!!

well i think i might try get a nap in too before i go to work!!! only working till 2am tonight so i can get some sleep before the big day tomorrow!!
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

DH very low [zx151] 11 counted in total :(

1st ICSI nov 2010 :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 22 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Reg: Jan 23rd 2010

Wednesday, December 29th 2010, 6:53pm

Hi
congrats ellabella it's a lovely feeling isn't it.
I am 10 weeks today and been to the docs for a flu jab hope I have done the right thing, I was reassured by the nurse that it wouldn't hurt baby.
We have just had a chinese all I wanted was sweet and sour balls, before getting pregnant I was a healthy eater but not all I seem to want is junk, I am having my first visit from the midwife on the 7th Jan I am a bit worried she is going to say I am over weight I have put on 7lb and I don't think it is baby!
Take care everyone
Bethany

Reg: Oct 30th 2010

Wednesday, December 29th 2010, 8:58pm

Hoping what a great scan pick congrats, how much do private ones cost?
Ellabella, well done on BFP, I'm a nervous wreck too and have found everyone on here so supportive wouldn't have coped without this forum, thanks ladies
Well think I may have done my last tesco shop for a while, couldn't decide what u wanted and has to open the gingernurs as soon as they had gone through the till!! Joe this nausea means all is well. Will tell you all tomorrow xxx
Adreamz :xxx3:

Hoping77

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Thursday, December 30th 2010, 7:18am

:goodluck: to all the ladies having scans today. I have all my fingers and toes crossed, and even my LO had it's legs crossed for you yesterday :winking: I'm sure all will be fine and I can't wait to hear how you get on - will be logging on regularly today lol xx

Welcome Ellabella and congrats on your BFP. You've joined the right thread hun as everyone is so supportive, and if you ever have any worries, like cramping, at least one of us can put your mind at rest. I had cramping too hun xx

Bethany - I had the flu jab last week and if you saw my post yesterday I had a 10 week scan and all was well. Baby has grown exactly like it should and was moving about. It is definitely worth having the jab I think. I have a few friends (some of them friends of friends) who have got flu this winter, and about 3 of them have swine flu. I googled the swine flu jab and pregnant women and found so many posts from women saying they have had had it and all was fine (and had healthy babies), and this was last year when people weren't as sure about it then. I am loving junk food too lol, I particularly enjoy sweet and sour chicken from our local Chinese but to try and make it healthier I make oven chips and uncle bens wholegrain rice, rather than greasy chips and fried rice. It tastes just as nice. I am also loving McDonalds. I struggle to eat a big meal but I can wolf down a Big Mac Meal no problem! I just try and balance it by eating fruit and veg at least twice in the day. I'm enjoying green apples and grapes xx

Adreamz - our scan cost £130. The 10 week one was optional as they did an 8 week scan and then said that the NHS take over from there and will do the 12 week scan but she said if we wanted a scan at 10 weeks we could for this price. We reasoned it is money well spent as the joy and reassurance we felt yesterday was well worth it. My IVF was private so we have paid a bit of money out already but like I said, totally worth every penny after seeing our LO yesterday. I know what you mean about needing to eat something to keep the sickness at bay, I took out some snacks in my handbag last night as I knew I wouldn't be able to make it to the buffet lol xx

The party went well last night and I managed to stay for about 3 hours. It was nice to see friends as we haven't been out socially over Christmas. DH was bursting with pride after yesterdays scan so ended up telling all his close friends, which I was fine about. Everyone was really happy for us, some of whom know our journey to get here.

The sickness seemed to ease when I arrived at 7:30pm but I had some crisps and a small chocolate bar to snack on, before the buffet came out at 9pm. I had a bit of meat and potato pie but soon after eating it felt sick and was also starting to feel uncomfortable in the chair (backache) so decided I'd stayed long enough and was home and in bed by 10:30pm.

Woke up this morning feeling OK (up to now!), compared to yesterday when I was sick about 3 times and felt lousy. I really didn't want to go out but like I said it eased I wonder if I feel worse moping about the house?! I am going to go for a short walk today and get some fresh air.

Got my booking in appointment tomorrow with the midwife! 9:45am. Can't wait and looking forward to receiving lots of info. Booboo - have you got your date through yet for your 12 week scan? Do they have to sort it through the hospital you choose?

Hi to everyone else.

:xxx3:
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

Reg: Jul 15th 2009

Children: one perfect little girl

Thursday, December 30th 2010, 8:52am

Hi ladies. Good luck with scans today Rocky, adreamz and mum82, i'll keep peeping in here to see how u all are getting on.

Hoping - your scan pic is just lush! i am so jelous....lol. i so wish i'd have had a 10 week scan. the difference between the 8 and 10 week is just amazing! i bet you are bursting with pride and feel alot more relaxed now. huge congrats hun.

ellabella - hi hun, and huge congrats on your BFP. like whats ben said before, we all have a bit of cramping. it is nerve wracking though so its good to come in here and we can all compare symptoms and feel better about it. i had like pulling in the side of my tum yesterday and i felt paranoid too so its natural to worry. but if u think about it the LO is getting all snug in there and our uterus's are stretching so we will get some niggles and pulls. Good luck for 4th Jan.

Bethany - i've had my flu jab yesterday. i was a bit worried too but then my FIL got really bad flu over xmas and at first we thought it was swine flu so that scared me into getting the jab. Pharmaceuticals are tested so vigourously before they are allowed into the public i don't think the docs would dare give pregnant ladies it if they were unsure. its better to be safe than sorry and get the flu. regarding putting on weight...me too hun! i've put on some right poundage and it can't be the baby already..lol. its cos i'm not eating as healthy as i normally would either but when you have sickness u just eat what u can don't you. i keep eating beef curry and fried rice from the chinese :yumyum:

well yesterday i got my apt through for my scan.....but its not until the 13th of january when i will be 13 weeks and 2 days :sadface: i was really hoping that i would have it next week and i just feel so nervous about it. so i'm thinking of booking one private fopr next week when i'll be 12 weeks but still going for the 13 week one the week after. i'm going to phone at 9 and see if they can fit me in next week. i just can't wait another 2 weeks to see Buba nailbite

i read something in my pregnancy book last night that might interest u all cos it made me feel better:
apparently after your 6 week scan if there is a HB your risk of m/c reduces to 1 in 6, then if u have an 8 week scan and the baby is fine and has a HB then your risk of m/c is just 3%...so thats a 97% chance of having a healthy baby if a HB is seen at 8 weeks. i'd say that covers most of us who have been for scans so just something to put all your minds at rest. :D it made me feel better for 10 mins anyway :snigger:

Take care peeps and I'll keep popping over to see how the scans are going x x x x x

1st ICSI :BFN: ;(
2nd ICSI :BFP: happydance

Reg: Apr 17th 2009

Thursday, December 30th 2010, 10:17am

Good luck to everyone having scans today!

Mum82 your post about gagging cracked me up

Hoping your scan is brilliant, Im seriously considering going for an 8 week now..... ?(

Rocky - breathless here as well

Mindy - deff go see your doc if you sickness continues it sounds really bad. I would be laid up in bed, Im so rubbish when ill!

Ella Bella - Congrats on your BFP!! I too had cramping, quite low and all across like af from ET on wards. We saw a beautiful HB at just under 6w so its all normal . Its starting to ease up now, either that or Im getting used to it. Its hard not to worry though. But read what the lovely BooBoo has put below re stats and heartbeats and try and let that be your mantra!!

BooBoo - thanks again for posting those stats, it really does help! Rubbish that they are making you wait til 13 weeks, I have a feeling that my hospital will be that same as Im not registering til next week and will be nearly 8 weeks then.

We managed to get some of the house stuff started the last couple of days, Its amazing how much space you can create when you have to, we only have a one bedroomed house, yes, thats going to be interesting....but its all looking lovely and it will be just fine.

More sickness yesterday, but not so bad, think Ive worked out that if I have a high carb dinner with no meat and plenty of veg my sickness stays away for longer...may have experiment on that a bit more I think.

Right just about to tuck into pancakes with blueberrys and yoghurt, woke up at 4am wanting them with tinned peaches as well....had to make do with cereal...

speak later

xxx
:jilly:
babydust
1st IVF Jan/Feb 2010 - bfn
Adenomyosis diagnosed May 2010
Zoladex Treatment Jul-Sep 2010
2nd IVF November 2010 - BFP!!!
6w One [zx076] seen 23 Dec 2011
10w One Jumping Baby [zx075] seen 22 January 2011
12w6d Laid back Baby [zx075] seen 10 Feb 2011

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Pe0ny" (Dec 30th 2010, 10:20am)

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 23rd 2010

Children: a bun in the oven!

Thursday, December 30th 2010, 12:16pm

afternoon ladies!

what a nightmare ive had!!! couldnt get an appt at the docs yesterday so they told me to go to walk in centre, the doc there was trying to send me to hospital to be fed through an IV. i begged her not to send me so she did a water sample and there are no ketones in my urine which basically means my body hasnt begun to break down the protein in my baby yet. what she did find however is, i may have a slight water infection which could also be making me sick. she wouldnt give me any pills for the sickness as she wasnt 100% sure on which ones i could take (??) so insisted i go to my gp today and insist on an appointment, and take a water sample with me. so ive been today, the doc gave me some pills but said only to take them if i really wasnt feeling well. and i have to try and eat because the midwife is going to ring me on tuesday and if i still cant keep food down, im going in to hospital :(. so im on operation food. theres no way im going to hospital, i dont have time! im still at work much to my husband and my families disgust but there aint much point in sitting around moping. ive kept a sausage roll down earlier on but im starting to feel sick again so im gonna go try a sandwich. my water sample is now off to the lab to find out what the infection is.

just my luck, went in with pregnancy sickness, came out with a water infection!

anyways, hope ur all feeling ok, and good luck to anyone scanning today. my 12 week scan cant come quick enough so i can make sure this baby is ok! xxx

bab23

IVF Nov 2010, 30 eggs, 20 embryos, 6 snow babies and a BFP!!!

MY DIARY - Mindy and Daddy Cool's pregnancy diary!

Help for Heroes Parachute Jump www.bmycharity.com/v2/stevencurry

Thursday, December 30th 2010, 1:03pm

Woo hoo scan went well. Saw a little heart beat was amazing. They estimated what I thought which is I'm 6weeks and 5days (ovulated 1week later than expected). She printed of a picture but it's just a splodge so she asked if I'd like a repeat scan in 2 weeks!!! So thrilled as was thinking if paying for one anyway!! Think dh wants to tell people now but I've said let's wait at least to the next scan. Problem I've got is u feel awful!! Whilst at work this morning I went really faint, hot and sweaty. Had to eat my lunch (at 10.30). The doctors commented saying have you done a hcg I just laughed him off! Now I can't wait for 2 weeks. Dh goes skiing on the sat after so it willbe great!!!

Mindy, good news there were no ketones in urine but you really should be taking it easy. If your not eating much your body will need all you give it for your babies growth so try your best to go down a gear (I know it's easier said than done, the only thing I wish I could change now is that I work 12.5hoyr shifts which exhaust me and I end up going straight to bed when I get home). I've practically given up exercise except swimming and yoga (mind I haven't been for weeks). If you can try drinking smooties, nutritious and liquid!!!

Booboo those stats are great, won't be happy till I'm on 2nd trimester but must have patience!!

Happiest day for me today, I hope rocky and mum82s scans were all good too. I'll keep looking out!!

Hoping77 glad you managed the party, we are out tomorrow night and I'm not convinced I shall see the new year in but I'll try and sleep loads throughout the day!!

Hoping77

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Thursday, December 30th 2010, 1:42pm

Mindy - poor you hun. I hope you get better soon and the infection isn't too bad. I agree with Adreamz, why don't you try a smoothie and just take sips when you can? Buy the Innocent ones as then you don't have the hassle of making it. I have found drinking fresh orange juice has helped my sickness too, could be the Vitamin C ?( . Let us know how you get on xx

Adreamz :clap happydance woohoo, congratulations hun. It's amazing isn't it, seeing a heartbeat. My 8 week scan was just a couple of blobs but you could see it starting to take shape. 2 weeks later the difference is amazing, it now has two hands and two little legs albeit very small lol. Great they have offered you a scan at 8 weeks. I wish I could get a scan every 2 weeks all through the pregnancy lol xx

Booboo - you're making me feel better by saying you're eating Chinese. I really fancy a korma tonight, even though I brought it up the other week. I thoroughly enjoyed every mouthful though, it just didn't settle. Hopefully it will this time though as I really fancy one. Probably the fattest curry you can get I know but I love the sweetness of it. OMG 13th Jan feels like ages away I bet. I have a feeling mine will be when I'm 13 - 14 weeks. Let us know if you get a scan before. Oh and thanks for those stats. I just read it out to DH and it definitely makes us feel better.

Looking forward to hearing how Rocky and Mum have got on xx

Thursday, December 30th 2010, 2:27pm

Hiya huns

:weehee: so happy for you adreamz. thats great news, i bet your so happy. i don't blame u though for not wanting to tell too many people yet. we told some friends after 8 week scan and now i'm waiting for the 12 week scan to announce it to the world. its great you get to have an 8 week scan too. fab news :thumbsup:

mindy - i second adreamz and hoping on the smoothie thing. i have the innocent ones too cos they are so many portions of your fruit and veg quota. i have the ones for kids though cos they are less thick and a bit more drinkable with no bits. Hope the sickness does get better soon. take the sickness tablets though if ya doc has given you some, i was on them last week and they helped. get better soon chick and hope u don't have to go to hosp, but do take it easy and take care.

peony - hope the high carb diet s going well. i think its just a case of trying anything that can keep the sickness at bay. i keep wanting to eat veg and potatoe but not so bothered about the meat.

hoping - oooh i fancy curry too. somone at work at one at lunch and i could have pinched it from them! i just have to have one now for tea. i keep eating loads more rubbish than usual but i just don't fancy anything else. i do have my 5 a day fruit and veg and smoothies though.

glad you all liked the stats. they are good to know and it does make us feel better. i think the reason people see it as the full first 12 weeks been the most crucial is because unless u have IVF you possibly wouldn't know if there was a HB until the 12 week scan. so we are lucky in that we get to see our LO's HB's at 7/8 weeks so the most crucial bit is over. we should remind ourselves of that instead of worrying really. glad it put a few minds at rest anyway. it was from a good up todate book written by a dr so i'd say the stats are reliable.

well i've booked a 12 week scan privately at the Leeds screening centre. it cost £80 so money well spent i'd say. its next tuesday (4th) so i'll be 12 weeks exactly. i just couldn't wait until the 13th, its too far away. i should have had a 10 week scan but resisted and now i regret it. I'll see if all is well next tues and then decide from there whether to still go for the NHS one a week later. Am i crazy not been able to wait an extra week?? :snigger:

Home mum and Rockies scans are going well :thumbsup:

United Kingdom

Thursday, December 30th 2010, 3:04pm

thanks ladies

im trying anything i can get my hands on if people think its going to work so a trip to tesco for some smoothies it is :D

fantastic news adreamz. i wish i had organised another scan, especially now with me feeling so poorly. im worrying myself silly that there is something wrong with the baby. i think we are all going to be worrying ourselves silly for the whole 9 months!

hope mum and rockies scans have gone well!

hoping and boo boo, i ate a curry two nights in a row and (sorry for the TMI) it helped me go to the loo. this was weeks ago though lol, before all the sickness started. is anyone else finding they are constipated?

peony, DH bought me some tinned peaches and i hate them, if u live anywhere near the north east ill gladly bring them to you :) lol!

Boo boo i also feel more calm reading your stats. my doc said my sickness is a very good sign and as my hcg levels were so high thats probably the cause of it. i had a dream that i had 2 babies, 1 was just hiding when we had our scan lol!!

Hoping, i was totally CRAVING orange juice and oranges 2 weeks ago, as if my body needed more vitamin c, but now ive put myself off it with all this sickness, but im going to try and eat some. the doc i saw last night advised me against taking vitamin tablets but the doc i spoke to today told me to take pregnacare as well as the folic acid im already taking so im a bit confused with all these conflicting opinions from medical professionals! ill speak to my pharmacist who is a good friend, he knows how i have been feeling etc (hes like my personal gp! he knows all my ailments LOL) and see what he reccomends!

well ive stayed at work for the two important meetings and am now thinking i might head home, im totally wiped out and have a massive headache from all the thinking ive done today!

i think i shall spend the day in bed so i can celebrate NYE with DH at my BIL house. DH was a bit miffed when i said i might sit it out, he wanted me to be the first person he looked at next year! bless his heart the soppy twat! lol!

xxxx

bab23

Reg: Apr 27th 2010

Children: one boy (naturally concived, somehow!!!) One on the way!! yehh

Thursday, December 30th 2010, 4:03pm

hi girls

so my scan was fab saw one very stong [zx076] and im a 8 weeks 2days!!! im back on pesseries tho as my stupid doctor read the letter wrong!! grrr they have ensured me that missing 3 1/2 days wont do any harm!!!

well my LO measured 8.6!! they said its a very good size baby and 4days bigger that it should be!! hehe its all the food im eating obviously

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy xxxxxx
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

DH very low [zx151] 11 counted in total :(

1st ICSI nov 2010 :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 22 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Reg: Nov 29th 2010

Thursday, December 30th 2010, 4:34pm

Hi everyone,

My scan went well! Saw one lovely heartbeat and the scan has put me at 6 weeks 4 days. (Don't actually understand that as I thought I was 7 weeks 1 day as I had IVF so know when conception was!!). Got 2 pics and both have different measurements on so not understanding that either. Was not feeling well enough to question the nurse - just wanted to get home again ASAP. Both pics are unrecognisable as any kind of human life!! Phoned to make a booking in appointment with the midwife but can't get in for another 2 weeks.

Really pleased for Adreamz and Mum - it seems it's good news for all of us today - infact Adreamz.......you're 1 day ahead of me!!!

Mindy - I'm so sorry to hear that you're feeling so ill. Why are you still going to work? I'm worried about going to work next week and I'm nowhere near as bad as you. you must slow down and give your body enough rest to deal with your pregnancy. Better that than end up in hospital.

Hope the sickness isn't too bad for everyone else. As for me - I've not been sick yet but am feeling sick. The main problem I still have is this breathlessness that's a bit of a worry x

Hoping77

What's Up?

Thursday, December 30th 2010, 5:09pm

Yay! Great results from the scans today. I'm really pleased for you all. You may have seen this website already (below) but thought I'd attach it anyway as I love it, I am always checking on how my LO is growing and it also shows pics of what scans can look like. Just select the week you're at - http://www.ba by2see.com/development/week10.html

When you click on it take the space out of ba by - for some reason it puts the stalk smiley when you put the word ba by!

Well only 1 and a bit more days left of 2010. Just think ladies, on Saturday we can say our LO's will be born this year!! happydance

DH has just nipped out for a chippy tea, decided on that instead of a curry. Not healthy I know but hey ho it's Christmas lol!

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Hoping77" (Dec 30th 2010, 5:11pm)

United Kingdom

Thursday, December 30th 2010, 5:38pm

Excellent news for the scans!! It's going to be so exciting come July/august! I wonder which one of us starts the labours first!!!

I had to go to work as we were so busy, we are launching a new brand in feb so we have lots to do.

So I went to tesco I'm now fully stocked with fruit and smoothies, I got my script for my pills too andy doc told me to take pregnacare too so I have some of that too. Ive just had a fruit salad and a smoothie and my tummy feels quite settled so maybe I have cracked it, dare I speak too soon?

Mmmm hoping I could just eat sausage chips and curry sauce yummmmm

Xxxx

bab23

Thursday, December 30th 2010, 6:41pm

Great news mum82 and rocky it's all so exciting. My dh only asked 1 question...when's it due? Ha I answered straight away!! Rocky sound Luke we are feeling the same too, not been sick myself but very nauseous!!!

Mindy, glad the smoothie went down well (hope it stays there), I may get some myself lol. Sounds good though that you fancy food, I really don't want anything!!

I'm now exhausted!! Came in and slept for 30mins while dh heated up tea. Going to watch a film then off to bed!!!

United Kingdom

Thursday, December 30th 2010, 6:49pm

I feel oddly full after the smoothie and have alot more energy now too! Amazing what starvation does to ya body!!! Im keeping my fingers crossed that this works. You can get the smoothie fruit tubes too which I've bought to push in my bag to eat as snacks. I'm determined not to go to hospital!!

Enjoy Ur film adreamz!! Xxxxx

bab23

Reg: Nov 12th 2008

Children: One gorgeous little boy 2011

Thursday, December 30th 2010, 7:38pm

Hi all, room for one more?

Dipping my toe in as soo worried something will go wrong, got first scan 8th Jan......

I've been a bit forward and went and bought some travel sickness wristbands that are meant to help with morning sickness too, they cost £7.99 from Boots, not been sick yet but had a few bouts of nausea. Also bought ginger biscuits and had one on Xmas day when I felt really nauseous about half an hour after a bacon sarnie :puke:

Me 36 DF 30
TTC since 97
Dec 2010 IVF :BFP:

one :heart: seen 6+3 & 11+2 & 13+2 &20+2

bab22

United Kingdom

Thursday, December 30th 2010, 8:30pm

Hi shelbie!

Congrats on your bfp! And welcome!!

Not long for Ur scan!

I have the bands, they worked for me at first but my sickness is worse now so they don't work.

Ginger biscuits are good but my doc said not to eat too many as they are high in sugar.

I'm now on a fruit diet to try and keep my sickness at bay!

Xxxxxx

bab23

Thursday, December 30th 2010, 9:28pm

wonderful news on all the scans today! Well done everyone!!

Adreamz I think that makes us due the same day, 6 weeks 5 days along today and only 1 day ahead of Rocky :)

BooBoo - thats a bargain for a scan, I think that the clinic I had IVF at is £200, but need to check that out and see if they will do one at my local hospital..I dont think you are crazy at all, but then you are asking all of us on here and think that if we could get a scan every week we all would! :snigger:

What book is it that you have? I had a quick look today but could only really see one, First Time Parents by Dr Miriam Stoppard, seems ok, need to have a better read. I feel like such a child myself not knowing all of this and the age of 38!!

Mindy - post the peaches, take them out of the tin though to save on postage! :happy: Im glad that you went to the docs and more glad that you seem to have cracked it with the smoothies. These will certainly help with the vits and also the constipation. I have some of that but not all the time. Yours probably wont return until you start keeping things down. I really hope that it works and bless your OH!

I have a good mix for a smoothie that should really help with the vits, it's not so much fruit based but delicious. I havent listed here for fear of sending people running to the loo, but it has some good stuff in it, sweet and almost a meal replacement. Let me know if you want the recipe and I'll post it up. Me and OH used to have one every week so cant be bad at all.

Thanks for the link Hoping will take a look.

Hey Shelbie! Bands also worked for me for a bit, but then seemed to stop. You will get used to it eventually...and probably miss it if nots there (maybe thats just be being a fuit loop!) Ginger is meant to be good, but the biscuits do have a lot of sugar, Im finding that as long as I nibble on anything it seems to go away. Carbs seem to work for me at the moment, so I am using oat biscuits, the Nairns Cheesy ones are quite nice and useful to keep in your bag or desk if you need a quick gag free 20 mins! But everyone is different and you will find what works for you.

Not much to report here, still eating, still feeling sick, still eating some more, still panicking in little pockets of the day, still planning ahead the rest of the time! As someone else has said, we will all be doing this up until bubba (or bubbas!) arrives in some form or another, its a good job we have each other!!

Hope you all get some good sleep, that work isnt too retchy or tiring for others and will speak to you all tomorrow.

xxx
babydust

Reg: Jul 7th 2010

Friday, December 31st 2010, 9:34am

Hi Ladies,

Glad to hear that your scans went well yesterday, it is such a relief :biggrin: I am waiting to find out when I can see my bubba's again, can't wait.
I have been feeling very lousy, sick and tired all the time so have not been doing very much, I did have my flu jab yesterday and was assured by the nurse that it would not have any adverse on my babies, so feel quite relieved to have that out of the way. Have started to have a sneaky look at nursery furniture but will wait for a few more weeks before I start anything serious.

Here's wishing you all a fantastic New Year, 2011 is going to be a big, great year for us all, enjoy whatever you have planned to ring in the New Year. I will take longer naps today in the hope that I can be awake for it to ring in with my DH.

xxxx
TTC - 5 Years

ICSI - July 10 - :BFN: :no:
ICSI - Nov 10 - :BFP: :thumbsup2:

23rd Dec - 7 week scan - 2 perfect :heart: seen :dancing: TWINS!
28th Jan - 12 week scan - 2 perfect :heart: seen :dancing: TWINS!
24th Mar - 20 week scan - bab21 bab21 It's twin Girls!
26th Jun - 33 Weeks - Ela & Talya finally arrive! bab19 bab19

Friday, December 31st 2010, 9:48am

Morning ladies

Congrats to mum and rocky. Really good news on all the scans yesterday. happydance

shelbie - congrats on your BFP and welcome hun :D

hoping - i like the link too. i usually go on babycentre but that one was a bit better. Hope u enjoyed your fish and chips. i couldn't resist the curry and we ordered from the indian last night. it was delicious :yumyum:

mindy - glad the smoothies worked hun. if your eating fruit and drinking smoothies at least your LO will be getting what he/she needs.

Peony - bloody hell £200 for a scan!! :faint: Thats alot! i feel better then now mine is only £80, plus my mum has given me half as an xmas prezzie for Buba ....lol. and yes, we prob would all have scans every week if we could so i really am asking the wrong people arn't i :snigger: i will have a look for you what the book is called as its at home and i'm at work now. its what my mum bought me as an xmas prezzie, its very good though. it has baby's development in as well as other stuff like our rights at work while preg and diet tips ect.

alasya - good to hear you've been sorted with the flu jab too. no wonder your tired though hun with 2 precious cargo's on board.

AFM - i'm at work today so had to get up at 6.30 as usual but i'm going to my bff's house tongiht to see in new year. there's just 2 of my bff's and our men. so i'm hoping i'm ok and i don't fall asleep in the corner before 12. maybe i'll try and have a nap when i get in. i've not been making it past 9pm lately so it'll be interesting to see if i do last.

Hope u all have a fab new year anyway. very exciting times for us ahead in 2011 :thumbsup: bring it on :D

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 18th 2008

Children: 1 son from our first ICSI treatment in 2008.

Friday, December 31st 2010, 9:53am

Morning all.
Gosh you ladies can chat. I'll try and have a catch up with you all later!

I had my first scan yesterday @7wks :D

All is well, we could see the little heartbeat flickering. Baby currently measures 8.7mm and estimated due date is 18th August.

2nd ICSI Nov 2010. :BFP:

1 previous successful IVF with ICSI (taken to blasto stage)
Resulting in my gorgeous son born 04.01.09

Setting out on a second IVF journey - Diary

Reg: Dec 30th 2008

Children: 1

Friday, December 31st 2010, 11:07am

Well done cupcake! blowkiss

My Diary

1# ICSI: Jan 2009 (Create): :BFN:
2# ICSI: March 2010 (Wessex): :BFP: - early loss
3# ICSI: Nov 2010 (ARGC): :BFP:
6 & 7 wk scan :heart: :heart: seen
8,9,10 wk scan :heart: seen
Immune issues

Hoping77

What's Up?

Friday, December 31st 2010, 12:00pm

Welcome Shelbie and congrats on your BFP. I wear the wrist bands constantly but they don't always help but I think they have made it a bit better. I didn't like ginger biscuits, they tasted too strong and made me feel worse. Digestives are good for nibbling on xx

Mindy - glad the smoothies seem to be helping xx

Cupcake - glad your scan went ok xx

Bonnie - just caught up on your diary. Hope you and your OH are OK hun xx

Hi to everyone else :hi:

AFM - we had our midwife apt this morning though it wasn't as thorough as I thought it would be. She was lovely but all she did was take some info from me (name, DOB, address, how many weeks I am) and put it on a form to fax to the hospital we have chosen. She said they will send me an apt through and that's when I will have various tests done - bloods, scan etc. I thought she'd give me a load of info and booklets but she didn't. Like I said though she was lovely and friendly and I will feel comfortable in her care for the next few months. She asked us about the test for downs and after a lot of thought and talks DH and I have decided not to have it. Purely because if they did say it had a high chance we wouldn't want to terminate our LO anyway so why put ourselves through the stress of finding out if it might be or not, We've decided to let fate decide and what will be will be and just hope and pray that it is healthy but we will love it dearly either way. After seeing our LO's heartbeat we just know we couldn't do anything to it and have so much love to give it. The midwife said that most of her patients opt for this, which I was surprised about but she said it's a very logical way of thinking. I think because we have had a long hard journey to get here and gone through IVF this may be our only chance of having a child. The stats are in our favour of it being healthy so fingers crossed all will be OK.

Had my chippy tea last night but didn't eat it all, it tasted really salty. Still feel nauseaus and have retching moments. The mad thing is the brief times when I feel fine and not sick I start to worry and want it to come back.

I hope everyone has a wonderful, sober, New Years Eve. I doubt I will be staying up till midnight so DH has said he will nip to see friends at our local after I have gone to bed.

Friday, December 31st 2010, 12:54pm

Congratulations Shelbie, I was exactly the same about not really wanting to advertise my BFP but I have find it so good to chat and find I'm not just feeling like I do on my own. DH can never really understand how we feel.
Hoping I'm exactly the same as you, if the nausea subsides I get worried, but when its here with a vengence I just want it to go away (a pleasant nausea like I have this morning is fine!! LOL)
Cupcake, that is wonderful that your scan was also good, I've estimated our due date as the 20th so very close. Mind you there is a rediculous percentage of about 10% of babies that are actually born on their due date!!
Bonnie are you having weekly scans? Is everything ok?
Booboo dont work too hard!!
AFM been swimming this morning, didn't do as many lengths and had to take a sandwich for when I got out of the pool but so glad I have done some excercise!! I go with my dad and hope that he hadn't noticed that my boobs have doubled in size!!! (he has the biggest mouth so cant tell hm till I'm ready fro the world to know!!). I'm dressing up as lara croft tonight, wont be skinny much longer so thought I'd better make the most of it (and the boobs!!) Can you believe we are having a winter BBQ tonight!!!
Hope you all have a great night and I'll be in touch in 2011!!!

Reg: Mar 27th 2009

Children: Two the way!

Friday, December 31st 2010, 5:26pm

Just wanted to stop by and wish you all a Happy New year! I think its going to be the best for most of us! I'm so glad that yesterday's scans went well, I just pray mine goes the same! Hope you all have a lovely evening xxx
[zx076] [zx076] seen at 6w5d scan
IT'S TWINS!!!!!
TTC 5 years
Ist IVF APR 2009 - BFN
2nd IVF with ICSI SEP 2009 - BFN
3rd IVF with ICSI Dec 2010 - :BFP:
2008 - 6 x cycles of clomid all BFN

Friday, December 31st 2010, 5:55pm

:balloons: :party: :balloons:

Happy New Year to everyone!!

Think I've typed myself out the last few days, be back in 2011!!

xxxx
babydust

Reg: Oct 19th 2006

What's Up?