You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

2mums

Star

Reg: Jun 28th 2008

Children: One gorgeous son

Monday, January 4th 2010, 2:52pm

Hi Michy, my tummy is definitely bigger! Probably bloating at this stage, but it looks like a little bump already.

Reg: Dec 30th 2008

Monday, January 4th 2010, 3:58pm

Hi Girlies,

Back to work today but I feel great!! Hadn't been sleeping that well for the last few weeks and HB had moved into the spare room a few days ago. I just kept waking up uncomfortable. At one point I woke up with my feet on HB's pillow! Lucky he was in the other room!

Got one of the L shaped pillows in Mamma's and Pappa's yesterday and have to say I slept like a log lastnight! I usually sleep on my stomach and at the moment that's not a great idea so this pillow makes sure I don't roll back. They recommend that you sleep on your LHS because your liver is on the right and not good to have a foetus lying on that. If you lie on your back then its not good for circulation apparently. So, its good to start sleeping in the right position.

So how is everyone? Seems like a lot have left for the 2nd Tri Thread. Welcome to all the newbies. Hope you are feeling better Katie.

We have a scan tomorrow at the EPU - it is a reassurance scan (MC in September). We already had two private scans (not much of an early scan at 10 weeks!) but if they are giving a free scan we'll take it.

Wish Dust
Apr '09 - Lap & Dye (I blocked tube - adhesions removed from other)
July '09 :BFP:
Sep '09 - 9w 3d - MMC
Oct '09 :BFP:
Bubba is a little girl!

2mums

Star

Monday, January 4th 2010, 4:05pm

Good luck tomorrow x

Reg: Oct 20th 2009

Children: none

Monday, January 4th 2010, 4:59pm

Thanks for all of your kind support. Really freaked out yesterday as I passed a dark brown clot - did my 4th preg test - really strong bfp, so relaxed a little. Phoned my clinic and they were not too concerned and have booked me in for a scan on the 18th. They said it was just my body sorting itself out. GP has given me a line for another 3 weeks, can see me being off work for a while (I work as a outdoor instructor!!).

I'm like you wish dust, not sleeping too well. Yes, I have big(.)(.) and tender, jeans def getting tighter, but have funny sort of appetite, couldn't really be bothered with food, very unlike me!!

Hope everyone doing ok on this scarey journey. Never watched so much tv in my life....
Katie
2007-2008 - 6Xclomid - no ovulation
Dec 2008 - IVF - :BFN:
Dec 2009 - ICIS - :BFP:
babydust

Jasper

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Monday, January 4th 2010, 5:58pm

Hi everyone,

Again I won't attempt to mention you all by name as I know I'll miss someone and feel bad, so hello to everyone! :hello:

I like the sound of the pillows wishdust. I have been improvising and putting one pillow between my knees and another to 'prop up' my (.)(.) although they are less painful lately.

Over the last week I have been suffering with headaches and as a result I had a very lazy week, but it was back to work today and luckily no headache. I am hoping that this week goes fast as we have another scan at our clinic on Thursday and I am very excited about seeing Bambino again but also very nervous.

Right I had better go and see what meal I can rustle up with the limited ingredients we have in the house! I really must get to Tesco's soon.

xx

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Monday, January 4th 2010, 6:10pm

Hey Jasper .. are you drinking enough water? I was getting some headaches but they've cleared now that I have been drinking more water.
Also sharing the excited and anxious feeling about the scan :)

Wish Dust

[Edit ] make me some grub too - i could eat a horse!
Sep '09 - 9w 3d - MMC
Bubba is a little girl!

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "wishdust" (Jan 4th 2010, 6:14pm)

kd40

Ace

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 7th 2009

Children: One cheeky boy

Monday, January 4th 2010, 6:22pm

Hello all

Pain didn't go away so I phoned IVF clinic who had me straight in for a check to make sure it wasn't a blood clot or eptopic. Lucikly I've got the all clear and even managed to see a tiny little heartbeat! They said it's probably just normal pains strecthing and stuff, but to keep an eye on it and if it gets worse or anything to go back. Still a little worried, but was a big weight off my mind - plus - I got to miss 2 hours of a very boring day at work!
:BFP: Dec 2009 - IVF 1st try - our little miracle!
:BFP: June 2011 - Natural - another complete miracle - fingers crossed all is ok

Reg: Jul 13th 2009

Children: DS 6yrs

Monday, January 4th 2010, 6:38pm

Hi Ladies hope your all well

Havent been on for a bit as too blooming scared as i kept having bleeds then on the scan they measured me a week and told me my dates were wrong when I KNOW they are not!! Anyway went back to the clinic today for my official scan and it was perfect one tiny flickering heartbeat!!!! Measuring exact to dates 6w 5 days woo hoo . Feel lots better now xxx Back to the EPU on Monday for the follow up they gave me when all they could see was the gestational sac and yolk sac they even told me that they doubt the one today at my clinic would show a change!!!! Glad its all over now and everything is OK.

Now ..... to catch up with everything i missed xxxx

jilly

Diagnosed Endo - 2002
1 DS - 2003
referred to St Albans - May 09
Referred to Hammersmith - Aug 09
Cons Appt - Sept 09
1st IVF - Nov/Dec 09 - 9 eggs fertilized xxxxxxxxx
1 perfect 4 cell Embie put Back x Dec 09
1 [zx076] seen @ 6w 5

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Monday, January 4th 2010, 7:23pm

Hey Jasper .. are you drinking enough water? I was getting some headaches but they've cleared now that I have been drinking more water.
Also sharing the excited and anxious feeling about the scan :)

Wish Dust

[Edit ] make me some grub too - i could eat a horse!

I think you are right. I posted on here yesterday and a couple of people advised drinking more water, so I forced a couple of pints down last night and one with my breakfast and it did the trick. Now that I am back at work after the Christmas break I am in a better routine with eating and drinking so hopefully it won't happen again.

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Reg: Aug 3rd 2009

Monday, January 4th 2010, 7:40pm

Hey all!

Beginning to struggle with this long wait untill my first scan! Have looked around for private scan places but they also wont scan untill 7 weeks!

Sorry i cant remember who but someone mentioned reassurance scan on the nhs after a MC, Is this worth mentioning to the midwife tomorrow? as i am sure i want a scan at 10 weeks (this is when we miscarried last time)
TTC since 05. 2 mc, 1 nat 1 IVF. Diagnosed with APS.IVF apr 11 :BFP: Fletcher was born xmas day '11!

Monday, January 4th 2010, 8:04pm

Hi Kaleigh,

I think it was me with regard to the reassurance scan .. but I am in Ireland.
I would chance your arm by ringing them and saying you are anxious about it and ask them if they could possibly fit you in for a scan.

Wish Dust
Sep '09 - 9w 3d - MMC
Bubba is a little girl!

Reg: Dec 15th 2008

Children: 1 angel

Monday, January 4th 2010, 9:05pm

Hi Ladies,

Hope there's room for one more!!!!

Got my BFP today and just wondered how much water is everyone drinking .... i'm having about 1.5 litres is that enough????????

thanks,

nicola

Monday, January 4th 2010, 9:13pm

Hey nicola great to see you here!

thank you very much wishdust im sorry i forgot it was you.

I will ask the midwife tomorrow I've heard she is a lovely lady and if the worse comes to the worse i will ask our fertility clinic for a private one at 10 weeks.

As for water Nicola i must be honest and say Im not drinking alot! I got so sick of 3 litres during the ivf! I am drinking alot of milk and juice, but in the evenings i probably manage a litre of fizzy water.
TTC since 05. 2 mc, 1 nat 1 IVF. Diagnosed with APS.IVF apr 11 :BFP: Fletcher was born xmas day '11!

Reg: Mar 10th 2009

Tuesday, January 5th 2010, 12:48pm

Afternoon ladies,

Well done all those drinking so much water - I find it impossible.

Good news Chelc and KD40, such a relief I wish you all the best!!

I am feeling rubbish today - couldn't sleep much last night. All the minor symptoms that I was feeling have disappeared!! Just don't feel anything today whereas I was getting a bit of sickness, slightly tender breasts, v emotional and tired and the twangying pain in my lower abdomen when moving in bed (I got this a lot in a previous pregnancy). All gone. Can't see any reason why at my stage when it should start to get worse they would disappear. V worried. :thumbdown:

Just hope the doctor can reassure me later.
7yr old DD Natural
2nd ICSI Nov 09
2 embies on board :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen 6.5 wks

2mums

Star

Tuesday, January 5th 2010, 3:26pm

Hi everyone. Had my scan at the EPU this morning, Bobble is now 19mm and has a strong heartbeat. They dated me as 8+4 (though I know I'm exactly 8 weeks today!) It was so lovely to see him again and know that all is well. I've had no further bleeding. going to the GP in a mo to sort out a midwife appointment.

Kd40 and Chelc, congrats on seeing a heartbeat. :D

Jasper, hope the water does the trick and the headaches stay away. I’m quite good with drinking when I’m at work, as I sit with endless cups of Redbush tea at my desk, but at weekends I always forget to drink!

Nicola, congrats on your BFP and welcome to first tri. I don’t drink much water on its own but I do have tons of herbal tea (see above...)

Kayleigh, definitely worth asking about the scan, good luck.

Michy, symptoms come and go so try not to worry.

Hello to everyone I haven't mentioned.

ICSI Apr09 BFN
ICSI Jul09 BFP m/c (blighted ovum)
ICSI Nov09 :BFP:
:boy:

Tuesday, January 5th 2010, 4:57pm

Well .. just back from our scan too. Couldn't believe the state of the machine they were using for the scan. This was a public (free) scan and we saw very little! I couldn't even see the heartbeat from where I was sitting. HB had to go up to the monitor to see it. In the private scan for 6 weeks 5 days I could see a lot more! They also dated me at 10 weeks 1 day as opposed to 10 weeks 5 days - am sure of my dates as I was on Nolvadex. A bit disappointing to be scanned by an antique machine.

Anyway ... everything is okay .. so we were told 32mm CRL. But who is to know if that is accurate at all either!

Wish Dust
Sep '09 - 9w 3d - MMC
Bubba is a little girl!

Reg: Feb 9th 2008

Children: 3 step children

Tuesday, January 5th 2010, 5:39pm

Hello Ladies

Hope its ok if I join! I got my BFP on 04 December and went for my first scan on 23rd December and we couldnt believe what we were seeing 3 lovely heartbeats!!!!! Our whole Christmas has been like a dream and its still all sinking in. There were two sacs one sac contained 1 heartbeat which was measuring 8.0mm and the other sac contained 2 heatbeat which were two small to measure but the doctor assured us this was normal for twins in the same sac. He did however warn us that it could be a possiblity that the twins will fight for survival and one could pass away. He did say that because I havent had any spotting this is also a good sign. We have another scan tomorrow to check the progress of the twins and hopefully we can get a measurement. I have not had any real syptoms, no morning sickness, nothing really expect my jeans are no longer fitting and people are already starting to notice my bum!!!! It truly is amazing!!!! I am feeling happy,confused,worried and scared all at the same time and just hope and pray that all is good with my little 3 tomorrow. I will of course update when I get back.

Just want to wish you lovely ladies all the best in the first tri and of course the next 7-8 months or so. :happy:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ICSI X 1

Dec :BFP:

23 December 2009 :heart: :heart: :heart: seen
26 January 2010 only :heart: :heart: seen MMC 9 wks 1 day
ITS IDENTIAL TWINS

Tuesday, January 5th 2010, 6:20pm

Awwww Bonniexx! How exciting, three little heartbeats and two of them are identifcal twins!??
Can you imagine the activity at your house at nappy changing time :)

Welcome to the thread hun :)
Sep '09 - 9w 3d - MMC
Bubba is a little girl!

Reg: Apr 4th 2008

Children: We now have a gorgeous new little baby daughter! can't believe i can say that now!!! :D

Tuesday, January 5th 2010, 7:37pm

Wow Bonnie... 3 lil babies.. Exciting stuff!! How many embies did you put back? I can't wait for my scan now! Been having little pains down below..like sharp pains that make you flinch...but they go as quickly as they came ?? weird. Anybody else have this?

Also is anybody using any creams or oils at this stage to prepare skin for the bump? If so any ideas on what to use? I bought Bio Oil but my sis said to use cocoa butter..hmmm also heard burts bees mama belly butter is good? Too many options i reckon! lmao

Hey Wishdust, glad all went ok with the scan.. Must be amazing to see it! Hey 2mums...you know your having a boy? or was that just a typo? lol
Nicola, well done on the drinking all that water... it is very good for you and baby... keep it up girly... I'm trying too...but peeing for scotland! lol It's good to keep hydrated...it's good for your skin and the baby's skin when it starts developing... (read it somewhere lol) I also bought a new lovely wee Pregnancy Journal from Mamas and Papas...don't have much to write in yet though..no symptoms or owt and not had scan yet but it's lovely to keep picking up and looking at... tells you all the stages too, which is very infomative... have also just bought my very first pregnancy mag :yes: i felt on top of the world when i bought it... :D
How did it go today Kayleigh?

How are you KD40? hope your snuggled in out of this weather and relaxin? :)
Heya to everyone ive missed, hope your all keeping v. v. happy, healthy and contented :yes:

First ICSI Dec '09 :BFP: :weehee:

Tuesday, January 5th 2010, 9:35pm

Ladybug- I'm using cocoa butter, had my tummy cut open after a lap went wrong 2 years ago and used bio oil since but its not even faded the scar. Using palmers massage cream and already skin totally changed in 2 weeks! 4 pounds a bottle too!

Bonniexx- Triplets! that is incredibly exciting!

Wishdust- Shame that the equipment was so poor at your appt, hopefully will be better at your next scan.

2mums- glad all went well today.

Sorry if I've missed anyone.

I am 6+1 today, we went to the doctors to meet our midwife, she was on holiday so we saw a different midwife, who was infact so very kind and lovely. I explained ICSI baby and that id miscarried before, she has put me under a consultant to keep an eye on me which im very pleased about because i will get a couple of extra scans tee hee!

She also said that our EPU will scan me at 10 weeks to reassure me that baby is doing well. The midwife even spoke to DH alot which i thought was very lovely of her.

All in all im extremely pleased, just 6 days now untill scan and im still so worried!

Im not sure if im thinking it but im sure MS has now kicked in, feel travel sick more and more everyday, cant get in a car as feel like im going to pass out.

Reg: Mar 10th 2009

Wednesday, January 6th 2010, 10:51am

Hi ladies, it has started snowing here now in Bournemouth for the first time so DD will be pleased!

2mums I am an avid drinker of redbush tea!!

Ladybug I used palmers cocoa butter £3 from asda and it was brilliant for me. I started getting a really itchy belly around 3 months (previous preg) and thought the stretch marks would definitely come so used that and not a sign!

Bonnie wonderful news very exciting and scary no doubt. I hope your next scan goes well.

Wishdust sounds very good, my scan was the same not expecting much better at the 12 wk one hope so though.

Kayleigh sounds like you are being treated very well by your midwife I hope mine is as nice.

I am feeling a bit better today - sicky feeling returned this morning which I was glad about. :D Doctor didn't think I should worry too much, just waiting to hear from midwife now.

Have a good day :P
7yr old DD Natural
2nd ICSI Nov 09
2 embies on board :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen 6.5 wks

2mums

Star

Wednesday, January 6th 2010, 11:30am

Wishdust, how funny about the ancient scanning machine! Having private IVF has made me spoilt… I’d do the whole thing privately if I could afford it! But glad your little one is doing OK.

Wow Bonnie, triplets! Congratulations! Hope all three are doing well at your scan today.

Ladybug, I use Palmers cocoa butter as a moisturiser anyway, so I’ve been using that on my tummy as it’s getting rather big already! I think Palmers does a special stretch mark cream as well so I might get some of that. Not sure any cream can really prevent stretch marks but it certainly feels nice! I’ve got tattoos on my tummy, goodness knows what will happen to them as I get bigger!

Kayleigh, that’s great about the extra scans. It’s so reassuring to see that little heartbeat on screen.

Michy, Redbush tea is fab isn’t it? I gave up caffeine when I started having IVF and I don’t like fruit teas (they taste like coloured hot water!) so I just drink gallons of Redbush. Apparently it’s full of antioxidants so really good for you and baby too! Glad you’re feeling better about things, try not to worry about symptoms coming and going. I felt awful at the weekend but feel fine right now.

Reg: Oct 20th 2009

Children: none

Wednesday, January 6th 2010, 3:37pm

Hey girls

Just checking in - lots of exciting news happening - well done Bonnie, I'm sure your amazed!!

Well, I'm more positive and starting to accept that it might just work. Still staining, but just not as much. Feeling tired, but gave the house a good clean today. Poor dh, he really doesn't have a clue, I still think he does it on purpose!! Went for a drive in the mountains with dh yesterday and watched dh snowboarding down a hill side. Typical the year I get pregnant there is enough snow to ski in our mountains!! Shouldn't complain, as already looking forward to family ski trips!!! Scan booked for the 18th - roll on!! :rollseyes:
Katie
2007-2008 - 6Xclomid - no ovulation
Dec 2008 - IVF - :BFN:
Dec 2009 - ICIS - :BFP:
babydust

2mums

Star

Wednesday, January 6th 2010, 3:44pm

Hi ladies, I just put a couple of pics of Bobble at 7+1 in my diary if anyone would like to see!

ICSI Apr09 BFN

Wednesday, January 6th 2010, 4:30pm

ooooh 2mums thats when im having my scan so will definately check the pictures out.

Katie- Thats sods law you cant ski this year! I hope that the time between now at the 18th go nice and fast for you.

I've found myself waking up every morning and saying to myself how pregnant i am, like 6 weeks, 6 weeks 1 day and so on. Am bursting with impatience of this first scan and worried i wont get there because of the weather!

Tinkerbell09

Member left

• "Tinkerbell09" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 31st 2009

Children: LWH

Wednesday, January 6th 2010, 4:48pm

Hi girls

I had a private scan at before the stork on the 4th jan i bad back pain and the worry kicked in but all was fine baby had a strong hb fo 120bpm so the sono said, i thought i was more gone than what she has said - my last scan was on new years eve and they said i was 6wks and baby was 4.4mm but my private scan on the 4th jan baby was 5.8mm and they said i was 6wks 2 days which isnt making sence - the fact that baby had a strong hb is all i am worried about at the moment and i seen a ladys post saying her little one was 7mm at 6wks 5days and her baby is fine so my little one should be a little bit more than that if 5.8mm at 6wks 2 days so am not worrying like i was .. i think its so confusing though- anway i have another scan at the hospital tomorrow at 1:30 so xfingers :pray: my little puds will be fine and will of grown - I had to log out before i felt like i was going to :puke: runs the loo and it passed, cant stop peeing either so hopefully thesa are good signs, got a baby bump growing as well :snigger: is anyone elsa showing early xxx

kd40

Ace

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 7th 2009

Children: One cheeky boy

Wednesday, January 6th 2010, 5:35pm

Hey lady bug

I'm doing OK- just counting down to next scan - :) been feeling a little sick - but don't know if that's morning sickness or a migraine - as my whole arm and mouth went numb driving home (Very common with me)

I've been getting those pains you have described - think it's just our bodies adapting. The doctor at the IVF clinic on Monday said mine was probably just cos I was pregnant :)

Got sent home early from work yesterday cos I'm pregnant - they didnt want me driving in snow :) Had to do my first full day today though booo1 :happy:

tINKERBELL09 - Good luck for your scan tomorrow - I couldn't belive it when I saw my tiny heartbeat on Monday - still not sunk in yet - hopefully my little chicken will keep growing so it's daddy can see it at our 8 week scan next week :)

I don't think I'm showing yet - though my trousers are tight - but that could be from the chocs and Christmas!

Big hugs to all the other guys/gals here :hugs:
:BFP: Dec 2009 - IVF 1st try - our little miracle!
:BFP: June 2011 - Natural - another complete miracle - fingers crossed all is ok

Reg: Mar 17th 2008

Children: Twins!

Wednesday, January 6th 2010, 5:50pm

Hi ladies,

Just checking in - have been lurking for a while as I don't have much to report other than feeling pukey and tired all day.
Being stuck in the house all day doesn't help, but haven't felt up to going back to work in the new year and then all this snow has just confirmed that I'm making the right decision by being off sick (I did start feeling guilty though, when I wasn't quite so queesy).

Just our luck that on the coldest day on Monday, our boiler packed up and no-one's been able to come out and get it fixed because of the foot of snow outside, so we're having to cope with a small electric heater and water from the kettle at the moment. Joy... and with the thaw not forecasted until at least next week, this is gonna be fun!!

I have my first midwife appt on Friday, but still wondering if I can get out of the house!! ?(

Hope everyone's well... and good luck with scans and appts!

:smile:
* Emma * :smile:
TTC 8 yrs PCOS - Clomidx10 - IVFx3
Nov 2009 Last try: Short protocol ICSI - wonderful BFP!!! -
TWINS!!
: D

Wednesday, January 6th 2010, 5:57pm

They let us leave work early (2pm) because of the snow. The intention was to work from home but it took 2.5 hours to get home and it was pretty slippy.

Tinkerbell ... that all sounds grand to me ..all good news.

Different scan machines will give different dates.
I was 10 weeks 1 day at the public scan and 10 weeks 5 days at the private one.

5.8mm at 6wks 2 days is fine. I was 5mm at 6 weeks 5 days and I am a
shortie :)! HB at 6 weeks 5 days was 119bpm.

Still feeling a little icky here - don't think that the bag of King crisps I just munched has helped. pmsl

2mums - I posted on your diary. Fab pics of Booble there. Great clarity on them.

Katie - Not long to go for your scan on the 18th. No snow boarding for you - and
see if you can get HB to give you some TLC so you can put your feet up
(not on the snow board though).
Sep '09 - 9w 3d - MMC
Bubba is a little girl!

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Wednesday, January 6th 2010, 6:47pm

Hi everyone,

Its been a busy day on here today, all snowed in??? Unfortunately I live close enough to my office to walk in, it was very cold but seemed really peaceful.

I was expecting to have a scan tomorrow but I called the clinic as I was concerned that we may not be able to get there by 8.15am due to the weather, and its lucky that I did call as I wasn't booked in! They had left me messages but I have had problems with my phone so haven't been able to listen to them. They have booked me in for Friday now and all being well they will do whatever is necessary to make the midwife appt. I feel so behind as I see that many of you have already started seeing midwifes!!!!

The Palmers Cocoa Butter that some of you have mentioned, is it just the normal stuff??? My mum bought me some of the stretch mark one for Christmas but I haven't started using it yet as the only time I have anything resempling a bump is when I have eaten too much!!!!!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Wednesday, January 6th 2010, 7:46pm

Jasper i use the stretch marks massage cream, it realy is amazing stuff.

Im having a major panic tonight, looked at the forcast and spoke to a close friend who works on the railways and it doesnt look like im going to make it to the clinic on tuesday, there is snow forcast for sat, sun, monday and tuesday! DH is saying we should call our epu and explain, see if they will do the scan for us and we can cancel or atleast rearrange the scan. I just dont want to wait longer than the 12th, i think i will be mad by then!

Ive searched high and low for somewhere that offers private early scans and ironically they are all in london near the fertility clinic!

Anyone got any words of advice or just something to keep me going???

Thursday, January 7th 2010, 6:19am

My first appointment with a midwife isn't until almost 17 weeks!
Sep '09 - 9w 3d - MMC
Bubba is a little girl!

Reg: Mar 15th 2009

Children: None

Thursday, January 7th 2010, 10:53am

Hi there,

I had my first scan on Tuesday, omg it was such a relief to find out that everything was fine, apparently I'm 6 weeks 6 days now and although I still feel like its all a dream I'm trying not to get too carried away, I understand that 12 weeks is probably quite a crucial time, but the nurse at the clinic seems very positive saying that now I am passed this stage we have a 95% chance of a full pregnancy.

Finding it difficult to keep my weight at bay even at this stage, I work in the fitness industry so have been used to exercising everyday,however since I started the ICSI treatment I have exercised very little (plus I have been full of cold for the last week) and I do seem to feel hungry all the time.
Guess I'm really going to have to sort my diet out.

Hope everyone else is well xxx

Thursday, January 7th 2010, 11:25am

Wishdust- doesnt the midwife book you in?

I called the EPU this morning on the off chance and they had a scan clinic this morning so told me to get there asap. We arrived at the unit and the sonographer was the same lady that scanned me through my last prg and she remembered me, i thought this was amazing as the mc was 2 and half years aho. Anyway we was scanned and saw a tiny little beanie, with a strong hb! my heart just stopped i am so relieved, the picture wasnt perfect and we ended up coming home with 6!

Due to snow i am goin to try and rearrange the scan at the fertility clinic for the week after next now.

How is everyone getting on?

2mums

Star

Thursday, January 7th 2010, 11:38am

Morning everyone. My maternity bras arrived last night and I was really excited - until I opened the packet and saw that they'd sent white instead of black. So now I have to wait for the replacements, grrrr!

Tinks, yep, I’m def showing early – as soon as I’ve eaten breakfast in the morning, my tummy pops out and stays like that for the rest of the day. I love it! Can’t wait to have a ‘proper’ bump. Hope your scan this afternoon goes well.

Kd40, that’s nice of your work to send you home because of the snow. I left at lunchtime yesterday and worked from home for the rest of the day because I was worried about getting home. I’m back in today though.

Emma, what horrible bad luck about your boiler! I hope you can get it fixed soon, this is just the weather when you really need it. Hope the snow’s melted enough for you to go to your midwife appt tomorrow.

Wishdust, glad your liked my Bobble pics. They were the ones from my private scan – the pic I got from my NHS scan on Tuesday was nowhere near as clear, just looks like a blurry blob!

Jasper, don’t worry about being behind. I only went to my GP to get everything booked on Tuesday, so I doubt I’ll be seeing a midwife before 10 weeks. I’m just using the normal Palmers cocoa butter at the mo but am planning to switch to the stretchmark one.

Kayleigh, that’s great that the EPU managed to scan you early and congrats on seeing a heartbeat.

ICSI Apr09 BFN

Thursday, January 7th 2010, 1:22pm

Kaleigh - in Ireland the government prefer to spend tax payer's money on non essentials - like their private parties and flights in chartered planes when they could drive!! They haven't even gritted the roads over here with the snow so the place is a stand still - even though we are only looking at maybe 5-6 cm of snow!

My first appointment with a midwife will not happen until I am nearly 17 weeks (and thats with booking when I was 5 weeks!).

There is no midwife until then ... no check in ... and no scans either. I managed to squeese a scan out of them due to the miscarriage in September. That is all that will be available. I am going semi-private too!

It is scandalous over here. Even with health insurance you have to pay!
Sep '09 - 9w 3d - MMC
Bubba is a little girl!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "wishdust" (Jan 7th 2010, 1:23pm)

2mums

Star

Thursday, January 7th 2010, 2:57pm

Wishdust that's shocking, I had no idea :sadface:

ICSI Apr09 BFN

Thursday, January 7th 2010, 3:23pm

That is scandalous hun, i thought that the 12 week scan was just something everyone gets. atleast you can go semi private though.

we all moan about the NHS alot, and to be fair i have good reason but at least after all the mistakes that have been made they are reassuring me now.

2mums, i hope the bras come quickly for you, im still searching for somewhere that sells them and doesnt make them look awful! tee hee.

i hsve got my eye on a v pillow now so many people say to start using them asap.

Thursday, January 7th 2010, 4:00pm

Aw the pillows are just fab - I am in love with my l shaped pillow. The only problem is that it kinda goes on HB's side of the bed too and he says he is hanging off the side of the bed by his nails. I said .. well, bubba is half yours so I'm reclaiming some land here pmsl
Sep '09 - 9w 3d - MMC
Bubba is a little girl!

Thursday, January 7th 2010, 5:37pm

That made me laugh wishdust! i am going to buy one on ebay ooo how exciting tee hee.

Can i just ask and i know i shouldnt be worrying already but the baby measure 2.6mm today the sonographer said that this early they cannot say alot about the size untill my 12 weeks scan, the hb was lovely and clear so is this fine??? she said it was its just i see on some of your signitures that they were bigger at 6 weeks???

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Thursday, January 7th 2010, 8:56pm

Hi everyone,

I'm going to get a pillow at the weekend, and ideas where to get the best deal???

I have started using the Palmers Massage stuff as I noticed a slight bump yesterday, only slight but I'm sure itill soon get bigger!

It's our last trip to the clinic tomorrow for a scan. I'm quite nervous but I have enough symptoms to keep me reasuured. I'm excited to see something that may resemble a baby as the last scan ( 3 weeks ago) was just a fuzzy blob!

:O Now for an embarassing question..................has anyone else got itchy nipples?? The skin is quite flaky too. I was sat at my desk today and they were so itchy but I had to fight the urge to scratch them as I'm sure I would have got some strange looks!!!!!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Thursday, January 7th 2010, 9:29pm

Hi jasper

I've ordered mine from ebay as the best pillow i could find was round shaped not v shaped in the shops.

With regards to the nipple thing i am only 6 weeks pregnant but just yesterday and today i been itching , i put it down to my bra irritating me... could just be a coincidence but if your boobs are changing could just be the skin reacting to it.

Good luck with your scan too!

As for my question i decided to search it and alot of sites say from 2mm to 4mm is fine in early 6th week of prg. :smile:

Thursday, January 7th 2010, 10:24pm

Kaleigh ... There is a big difference between 6 weeks and 6 weeks+5
When you are 6 weeks the fetal pole as it is called could have a crown-rump
length (CRL) of 2-4mm. If you have seen the heartbeat then I would imagine it is fine.
I wouldn't be worried at all - a heartbeat is at 6 weeks is great!!
Sep '09 - 9w 3d - MMC
Bubba is a little girl!

Friday, January 8th 2010, 9:49am

Thank you very much wishdust! sometimes my brain will just find new things to worry about!

I'm getting too bored at home now, been off since EC over a month ago, might visit gp again on monday see if he will sign me back!

Is the snow really bad where you all are? all the schools are closed here and there are no gritters out because the council run out.

Reg: Jan 29th 2009

Children: Our gorgeous son was born 16/7/2010

Friday, January 8th 2010, 11:52am

Hi everyone!

There are quite a few new names on here since I last posted, a big CONGRATULATIONS! to everyone.

Had our 12 week scan this morning (am actually only 11 +4) and everything is OK woohoo! :D We saw a little baby with it's legs kicking, it was wriggling around too. It's so exciting I can't stop grinning biggrin2 They measured it at 11 +5 so only one day out from the IVF clinic dates. The Nuchal translucency measurement was 1.4mm and we saw a nasal bone too so that was a huge relief.

Jasper, my nipples have been really itchy too but have to say I haven't been able to resist scratching :snigger: (Just have to pop to the loo for a furtle :P )

Kayleigh, Can't really answer any of the questions about size as we haven't been given any CRL measurements at any of our scans but I'm sure all your measurements are ok. The main thing is seeing the heart beat and yours sounds perfect! :smile:

Oct/Nov 09 - 1st IVF :BFP:
Jan 2012 - Short Protocol ICSI :BFP:
7 wk scan 2/3/12 One [zx076] seen

2mums

Star

Friday, January 8th 2010, 12:13pm

Hi girls! Phew thanks goodness it's Friday, I'm just soooooooooo tired. I can't stay up much later than 9pm without my eyelids starting to droop!

What are these pillows you’re all talking about? I’ve never heard of them!

Jasper, good luck with your scan, hope all goes well. I haven’t had itchy nipples so can’t offer any advice – but that would look pretty funny if you sat scratching at your desk! :snigger: My boobs haven’t changed at all so far, they’re not tender or anything.

Kayleigh, don’t worry about the measurements, apparently it’s hard to get an accurate measurement at that stage.

Rockchick, that’s great that your scan went well, congratulations. Perhaps you can help me with something I’ve been wondering about – how on earth do you pronounce ‘nuchal’?! ?(

Two weeks til I see Bobble again - got a private scan booked cos I couldn't wait til 12 weeks.

ICSI Apr09 BFN

Reg: Jan 29th 2009

Children: Our gorgeous son was born 16/7/2010

Friday, January 8th 2010, 12:25pm

Ok see if this helps (and if anyone thinks differently please feel free to correct me :smile: I won't be offended)

I pronounce it Newkul (but I am from Derbyshire so not got a posh accent! :snigger: )

Oct/Nov 09 - 1st IVF :BFP:
Jan 2012 - Short Protocol ICSI :BFP:
7 wk scan 2/3/12 One [zx076] seen

2mums

Star

Friday, January 8th 2010, 12:44pm

Thanks Rockchick, I've always wondered!

ICSI Apr09 BFN

Friday, January 8th 2010, 12:47pm

2mums, look on ebay for prg pillow. You can get them in a round shape a vee shapeand a really long cushion you can use to keep your hips straight.

Then when baby is born you can use them for nursing.

Friday, January 8th 2010, 12:57pm

HI Girlies,

This is the pillow that I got

http://www.mamasandpapas.com/product-dre…9400000/type-i/

WD
Sep '09 - 9w 3d - MMC
Bubba is a little girl!

3 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

3 guests

FERTILITYZONE