You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 25th 2010

Friday, August 27th 2010, 4:44pm

Hey girlies,

Thanks for your well wishes, re scan... Went really really well, was such a relief to see the baby moving about, strong heartbeat, two arms and legs lol, bum and head!

Congrats Lucky on yours too! I think we share the same due date!! xx

bab21 Due 07/03/11

So excited!! Scans at 4, 6, 8, 12, 20 and awaiting private 4D at 28wks, Growth scan & Placenta position at 32 weeks...pls move so I can have my homebirth!

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Friday, August 27th 2010, 4:49pm

nikki dont wqorry about the gel, it does come out sometimes,. I get pessary coming out all the time, not pleasant but normal.

WHat is the book Nikki is sounds great?

lucky - am so happy for you hon, it sounds brilliant.
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

Reg: Mar 14th 2009

Children: A special baby boy and a beautiful baby girl

Friday, August 27th 2010, 4:57pm

Thanks - went into WHSmith to buy "What to Expect When You Are Expecting" and had a look inside but wasn't impressed (all B&W). Saw this and ordered immediately online as cheaper - The Day-by-Day Pregnancy Book - ISBN 13: 9781405332101.

MrsHarper - glad your scan went well too!

xx

Over 5 years TTC, unexplained infertility
IVF Aug 09, IUI Nov 09, IUI Jan 10, IUI Mar 10 :BFN:
IVF Jul 10 :BFP:
Shock natural :BFP: on 16 Oct 12

Reg: Jul 21st 2009

Children: 2 angels watching over us & our precious DD Scarlett Leigh <3

Friday, August 27th 2010, 5:43pm

:hi: girls... well i've had a much better day today & no afternoon nap :snigger:
i think it was right to take a few days off work, to recover and catch up on sleep :thumbsup:

We're goign round to our mates who have a newborn in the next couple of hours (they don't know about me atm obviously) but if we end up watching a film, I won't last I know that :P

Boobs are still sore, but okay, and my gosh have they grown!! Burger Nipples now :8o: :snigger: :snigger: :snigger:

Still getting bad constipation and some queasiness but nothing worth hassling about.. Arrgghhhh, 2 weeks today for 7 week scan, which I'm convinced is in fact 6.5 weeks ?(

Can't come quick enough! :innocent:
April 12 - IVF - :BFP:

Sept 18 - Here we go again! ICSI this time

mae

Ace

Reg: Mar 10th 2010

Friday, August 27th 2010, 6:53pm

Hi girls

I cant actually believe that im writing in the 'purple pages' with the pregnant girls. Its truly incredible. We got our lovely BFP on Monday and couldnt be happier - its our prayers answered.

Thanks for the link brave girl... wow - the link says im 5 weeks and 2 days pregnant, but the nurse told me that i was 4 weeks on Monday, which would make me 4 weeks and 4 days pregnant today... its all a little bit confusing, but i guess that it will become clearer when we go for our scan on the 9th September.

Like lots of you, im also feeling really tired at the mo and am a complete knock-out by 9pm... but wake up 3-4 time a night for a pee... the 3am pee is the worst for me and is the one that keeps me up the longest - funny hey.

I was getting really bad heartburn, but that seems to have eased now. My cramping can be quite bad sometimes :sadface: and yesterday and today i noticed 1 or 2 little reddish/brown specs in my knock-knacks the size of a full stop. They were really tiny and i know i shouldnt be worried, but am so hoping that we dont get any more. Has anyone else had this ?(

Anyway - i think ive written enough for a first go :snigger: I almost didnt write at all because we are still really early days, but plucked up the courage in the end :smile:

Speak to you all soon - hope you have a great weekend.

ICSI Aug 10 - 2 beautiful embiesl on board.

Test date 23rd Aug :BFP:

Scan on 07-09-10 (6 weeks and 6 days pregnant) - [zx076] seen, thank God.

MAE'S DIARY

BraveGirl

Superstar

Friday, August 27th 2010, 7:48pm

mae did you make sure you checked the egg collection box and put that date into the calculator?

I have just done it for you with your egg collection date of 5 AUgust (I think thats right) and that makes you 5 weeks 1 day today. I think you are further along that you think. If I get EC date right. Also the scan wont tell yo exactly dates as accuurately as from egg collection date as the baby is so small right now. Thats the one thing with IVF we know our exact ovulation, no relying on when was last period and guess when during that cycle we actually ovulated. IVF is more accurate for dates.
My Diary

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "BraveGirl" (Aug 27th 2010, 7:53pm)

Reg: Apr 2nd 2009

Children: DD born Oct 05

Friday, August 27th 2010, 9:59pm

Congrats Mae - welcome to the club!
Mrs Harper yup we're due the same time.....wonder which of us will have the baby first!!!! delighted your scan went well too ;)

Friday, August 27th 2010, 10:04pm

Welcome Mae :wave:

Your symptoms sound fine - similar to the rest of us. Try not to worry about those couple of spots.

xx

BraveGirl

Superstar

Saturday, August 28th 2010, 10:27am

mae dont worry too much about the spotting, I know its impossible not to fret a bit! look at my diary lol. But I think its likely to be implantation spotting x
My Diary

Reg: Jul 24th 2010

Saturday, August 28th 2010, 1:14pm

:hi: girlies,

:scream: 3rd time I've written this post. b****y computers

Glad we're all doing well.

congrats on the 12 week scans Mrs Harper and Lucky. Enjoy the second trimester.

blowkiss Jilly and Kaz. Hope you're doing ok qand not working too hard.

Nikki - just ordered the book lmao another one to add to the pile

Only 3 days until my 7+1 :clap:
IVF April 2009 :BFP: Sleeping with the angels June 16th 09
IVF Ovt 2009 :BFN:
:BFP: IVF/ICSI July 2010
:sticky: 31/08/2010 one perfect little [zx076] seen :sticky:
1/10/10 perfect little bean seen [zx076] moving and waving. Thumb sucker in the making. :)
30/11/10 perfect fully formed bubba having a very lazy day, sucking thumb again! Now the guessing begins :girl: or :boy:?
11/04/11 Isaac James arrived weighing 6lbs8.5oz. Our miracle gift

Saturday, August 28th 2010, 1:17pm

Meant to also say :hi: Mae and I agree with BG. Don't worry about the spotting. It's perfectly normal and many women have a implantation bleed x x x
1/10/10 perfect little bean seen [zx076] moving and waving. Thumb sucker in the making. :)
30/11/10 perfect fully formed bubba having a very lazy day, sucking thumb again! Now the guessing begins :girl: or :boy:?

United Kingdom

Saturday, August 28th 2010, 1:20pm

Thanks for the congrats all :) ... I'm Tracey btw

Lucky - will be exciting to have someone due exact same time to share exp with, when is ur next scan? xx

bab21 Due 07/03/11

So excited!! Scans at 4, 6, 8, 12, 20 and awaiting private 4D at 28wks, Growth scan & Placenta position at 32 weeks...pls move so I can have my homebirth!

Saturday, August 28th 2010, 9:33pm

MrsH next scan is not until 1 November (22 weeks) and next appointment with obstetrician is 20 Sept (when I get the results of all my blood tests etc)...I suppose I have to say au revoir to the rest of you ladies for a while but will pop in to see how you're all doing!

mae

Ace

Sunday, August 29th 2010, 12:17pm

Hiya girlies

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend.

Brave girl - OMG - i must be further along than the nurse said... my EC was the 4th August, so i must be 5weeks and 4days today! :8o: That is incredible!! But do you know what... it still makes no sense to me, because logically, if EC (and fertilisation) was 4th August, would that make me 3 weeks and 4 days?? Why do they go back a further 2 weeks hun? Its all so confusing. :snigger: And thanks for the reassurance about the spotting too hun. [zx127]

Luckysmb - thanks for the welcome hun. :smile:

NikkiH - thanks hun. Im trying my best not to worry too much about the spotting as there has been very little over the weekend so far thank God. Im trying to take it as easy as possible. Its comforting to hear that some of the other symptoms are being shared by you girls too... i thought i was the only one who was up at the crack of dawn and unable to nod off again. :happy:

NellieandEd - thanks hun. Im trying not to worry too much about the little spots... they were so so small and i havent had any today at all, so im hoping it has passed. :smile:

Tracey - congrats hun. I bet its really exciting to be in your second trimester! Wishing you all the very best! :thumbup:

Well, yesterday and today ive started feeling a little sick after i eat :puke: ... i think it might be that morning sickness kicking in now (and i thought i might have avoided it) [zx058] Hehehe. How are all the other girlies?

Lots of love [zx127]

MAE'S DIARY

emz

Ace

Reg: Jun 18th 2009

Children: i will be a mummy! xx

Sunday, August 29th 2010, 2:31pm

hey ladies,

how we feeling?

i went to Meadow hall with my mate yesterday we were there hours and i was soooo knackered i nearly fainted in Primark trying some shoes on zzzz think we did a bit too much.... :whoops:

ive noticed im been a bit mood swingy at mo too, any one else? and im soo jumpy i hear a loud noise and jump out my skin newshy may be its because i feel protective at the mo.

feel a bit sick today but my appatite is coming back slowly now :coffee:

:xxx3: :xxx3: :xxx3: :xxx3:
:dust: please stay little one :sticky: :BFP:
7 week scan sept 3rd- 1 :heart: seen
9 weeks 4 days Sept 20th- 1 perfect baby sucking its thumb
12 week scan (early)
20 week scan Dec 1st - bab22

Monday, August 30th 2010, 11:32am

Morning All,

Well think the morning sickness is kicking in - gone off food and feeling sick especially when hungry (probably low blood sugar levels). Taking me a while to get ready in the mornings now - but just keep thinking it's a good sign! Only 3 more days until 7 week scan - excited and scared all rolled into one.

Nellie - pleased you bought the book, we are reading it every morning and DH loves it too.

Emz - not surprised a day shopping took it out of you - did you get anything nice? Were you tempted to look at anything baby related? Not got too many mood swings, although am a bit less tolerant and patient :heehee:

Mae - hope all the spotting has stopped now

Bravegirl - enjoy your time off, wish I was off work as finding it hard staying in the office all day.

Well my parents are coming round for a BBQ soon (not dressed yet!) - not sure gonna fancy any of the food though, but as they don't know yet - will have to try and hide it well.

Have a good BH Monday everyone.
xx

Monday, August 30th 2010, 3:08pm

Sorry for lack of personals, but am popping on quickly to send you all a blowkiss and lots of hugs :xxx3:

OMG can my (.)(.) get anymore painful. Even my bra hurts them! Have put plasters over my nipples (sorry if tmi) to stop them from being rubbed against. I know its all a good sign, but seriously!!!

Have started to feel a littlte queasey when my blood sugar drops, it's hardly noticeable and at first I thought I was imaging it, but after getting home today and not eaten at usual time, was defo feeling a little green :puke:. Luckily I was driving so I had something to take my mind off it.

We had a lovely time away. Feeling very relaxed and am just off to rest fro an hour before planning for Weds. [zx006]

Scan tomorrow - wooooooooohooooooooooooo. Am so nervous. We got here last time and had our hopes pulled from underneath us. I feel so different this time, but won't be happy until its over and I know everything is all ok. xfingers xfingers xfingers

Reg: Nov 30th 2009

Children: twin boys

Monday, August 30th 2010, 3:30pm

Hi everyone,

Just thought I would pop n to say hi. I have not been on this weekend as we have had cousin stating with thier 22 month old, which has been lovely and now we cannot wait even more for our little bundles to arrive!

I am feeling OK but very tired, had about 11 hours sleep last night and feel knackered again. My boobs are still really sore as well and look like a road map as they are so veiney!

Everyone take care and speak soon.

Lola xxx
TTC for no 1 for 3 years
ICSI Dec '09 - 1 egg collected - did not fertilise.
ICSI no 2 July '10 - BFP! Oscar 2.2lb and Zack 2.9lb born 17.1.11 - 12 weeks early, tiny but perfect xxx

Kaz23

Reg: Mar 17th 2010

Children: 4 year old daughter, her twin brother is our little angel watching over us. DS born April 2015.

Monday, August 30th 2010, 4:28pm

Hi everyone

Nikki - I know exaclty what you mean about mornings, I've been feeling the same way! I usually get up about 7am, I only stay 15mins away from work in the car but still late most mornings as I never quite find my 'get up and go'! Good luck for your scan!

Natalie - good luck for tomorrow!

Hope everyone else is doing grand!

AFM - no actual sickness yet but the queasy way certainly comes and goes. Supposed to be going to cinema tonight with DH and friends, it was my idea and now I just want to go home and hibernate under the duvet!

I seem to be v uncomfortable with trapped wind too, sorry ifTMI, anyone else get this and any advise? I've been eating plenty of fruit, drinking water etc but nothing is helping.

:xxx3:

Me 39 DH 41
TTC 3 years Diagnosis: unexplained
1st IVF July 2010: :BFP:

December 2010: Twins born @ 24+2, DS passed away shortly afterwards, DD fought a hard battle and after 4 months in neonatal came home.
February 2013 FET: :BFN:
August 2013 IVF : :BFN:
August 2014 IVF: :BFP:
DS born April 2015 @ 39 weeks

Tuesday, August 31st 2010, 7:57am

I don't know if I'm losing our baby :bawl:

I was spotting brown discharge yesterday, and every1 said look at Bravegirl (so I will be soon hun)
But it's stopped today but for peace of mind, I did a normal boots PG test and the line was too faint, hardly noticeable ;(
And then I did a clearblue one, and it's still saying 1-2 weeks, when it should say 3-4 now, cos I'm over 5 weeks :bawl:

Don't know what to do, but boobs are still ever so sore, and I feel soooo sick this morning..

Ringing hospital at 8am when they open to ask for advice

xfingers baby still with us though, I'm a mess [zx127]

Tuesday, August 31st 2010, 8:04am

:angel2: oh Amy please God you'll be OK, thinking of you

BraveGirl

Superstar

Tuesday, August 31st 2010, 8:26am

amy please do not panic hon. I hasd red spotting twice and BB was fine on both the scans, it does not even sound like you had much spotting and it sounds to me like old blood which means it happened maybe a couple of days ago.

If you have no cramping and have no clots passing there is a very very good chance its all fine. DO NOT use clearblue tests. at this stage (and in fact at any time) they are not terrribly reliable. The only way to know for sure is to have a scan. will your clinic scan you? if they wont then can you pay for a private one? this is what I had to do and it cost me £80 and was worth every penny for the peace of mind.

I still say though unless you are passing lots of red blood with cramps and clots you should be fine. DId you even need a pad or was it just when you wiped? It sounds like implantation to me.

You could ring your early pregnancy unit and ask if you can see them or call your GP and ask them to refer you but they will probably tell you not to worry if you are not passing clots. The nurses at the EPU will speak to you on the phone too to advise you.
My Diary

Tuesday, August 31st 2010, 8:30am

Said they can't help me until I'm 6 weeks, which they think is Friday, so I'm booked in for even earlier scan at 9.45am
I don't even think I'm 6 weeks then, I think I'm 5+5 :innocent:

Don't know what to do.. I'm so lost & :bawl:

There's no way that the test should still say 1-2 weeks is there :sadface:

Bravegirl, we tried posting together... Thanks for your reply.. Why would the result still say 1-2 weeks tho and the other tests line be really faint ?(
That is what is bothering me?

If your gonna m/c how long does this take? The doc couldn't answer me ?( I feel so sick :sadface:

Tuesday, August 31st 2010, 8:35am

Amy, I wouldn't go on what the pregnancy test said as I dont think they are 100% accurate and there is a thread here somewhere saying they dont approve of the digital ones that say how many weeks. As Bravegirl said its old blood etc so it could just be one of those things.
P.S I worked with a woman who bled on and off in all 4 of her pregnancies and had 4 healthy children and her doctor just told her some women are just prone to bleeding and bleeding does not always mean something sinister

BraveGirl

Superstar

Tuesday, August 31st 2010, 8:37am

Oh hon sorry I had not realised you were so early. in my first pregnancy I also started to BLEED at 5.5 weeks but it was bright red blood and I needed a pad to catch it. I went to A & E and they sent me away as it was too early to scan., they booked me a scan at the EPU for 6 weeks and I went in then. DUring that time I spotted/bled bright red on and off for about thr 3-4 days I had to wait. I then had the scan and sadly the baby was already detached and in my cervix. I lost the next day.

BUT BUT BUT BUT and this is VERY IMPORTNANT you are not bleeding red. You have had a tiny bit of brown spotting and this sounds to me like implantation especially at this stage. At the moment I would not say you are miscarrying hon.

As for the clearblue tests, I simply do not trust them. The only way to be sure is to get a blood HCG> Can you go to clinic today and ask for one (even if you have to pay for it)? That would show if your hcg is still in the right range for your dates and would tied you over until your scan. Also if you look at my diary see how faint the first response test result was at 12dpo for me and my HCG was megal high on the blood test.
My Diary

Tuesday, August 31st 2010, 8:50am

I am at work now honey, and the hospital didn't seem interested in anything, never mind bloods...
At hospital you have to go to blood clinic, and takes days to come back ?(

Is it different at a doctors? Who analyses blood they take?

I think I just have to wait until Friday now, and :pray: it's good news... It's not the spottig that is getting to me now though, it's thinking my levels have dropped so much, and I will lose, I just don't know when :sadface:

Reg: Mar 25th 2009

Children: none

Tuesday, August 31st 2010, 10:26am

amyeliz good luck with everything hun thinking of you,

emz, i have been so jumpy at the mo too! i jumped the other day when my toast popped up and when i was drying my hair the other day i thought someone was behind me and it was the bed post! ive been extra jumpy and very mood swingy!! and just completely shattered all the time!!

went to see the midwife the other day who is really lovely and she has sent our forms off for the next scan, think it will be next week sometime hopefully as i will be 12 weeks next week, cant believe how quick these first three months have gone, ive got a bump now but still looks like ive just eaten a little too much cake! but i can defo see my fat belly growing!!

love to all x x x x
starsmileBecky x x

Tuesday, August 31st 2010, 10:47am

Oh Amy, my heart goes out to you. I know how you feel, have been there before. Listen to BG though, I agree with everything she has said. When I lost last time, it def was not a light spot. Sending you big big :hugs: and praying for you both.

I have my scan in just over an hour. Am scared rigid. Just want it over and done with now. I have been up since 7 cleaning, washing - anything to take my mind of it. Luckily DH has just come home and is attempting to calm me.

blowkiss

Tuesday, August 31st 2010, 10:51am

I've been jumpy Becky! LOL
ICSI 07/10:BFP: bab11
FET 02/13:BFP:mc
FET 07/13:BFP:mc
ICSI 06/14:BFP: bab10
thanks Liverpool womens for 2 beautiful children!

Caz

Ace

Reg: Aug 17th 2008

Children: 2 perfect boys, Thomas & James

Tuesday, August 31st 2010, 10:58am

Hey ladies, Just plucked up the courage to join this thread and say hello although not really letting myself believe I'm pregnant yet. Still almost two weeks until our scan.
Hope everyone is feeling well. Amy I'm sure you will be fine, it sounds like normal spotting to me and my sis never even got a HPT line on any of her 3 normal healthy pregnancies until about 8 weeks, those things can be really unreliable.
Good luck at your scan today NelliandEd.
xx
IVF/ICSI Aug 08 :BFP: - Thomas born 26/04/09 baby2
FET Aug 10 :BFP: - James born 18/04/11 baby7

Tuesday, August 31st 2010, 10:59am

Good luck today Nellie!
Welcome Caz

Tuesday, August 31st 2010, 11:12am

Oh Amy - sure it'll be fine and listen to the advice others have given (even though I know it is hard to not worry).

:goodluck: Natalie for today

Welcome Caz - nice to see you on here.

Sorry for short post but got to work late - felt sicky this morning & then left my laptop at home and had to go back. Lucky boss isn't in today :snigger:. Will check again at lunch.

:hi: to everyone else
xx

Tuesday, August 31st 2010, 12:13pm

I'm feeling a little more positive girls, thanks [zx127]

:pray:

emz

Ace

Tuesday, August 31st 2010, 1:27pm

Hope your feeling ok Amy, im thinking of you lurve

:xxx3: :xxx3:
12 week scan (early)

mae

Ace

Tuesday, August 31st 2010, 2:24pm

Hiya girlies :bye: I hope you all had a fab long weekend.Emz – poor you hun. :-( You must have been exhausted!! Hope you rested up well after than!Nikki – Hope you had a lovelt bbq honey! :bbq: NellieandEd – Your poor boobies! They sound ultra sore! So glad that you had a nice time away! I hope your scan is going well! Thinking of you lots. [zx127] Amyeliz – Oh hun – thinking of you and :angel2: everything will be ok. Please try not to worry too much.Caz – welcome to the group! :flowerbasket: Bravegirl – I think you are 100% about me being further along than I was told by the nurse :yes: ... I'm going to change my ticker now, Hehehe.AFM – I think morning sickness is starting to kick in… I'm just feeling v.queasy!! And I've only had on little spot this morning so far, so I'm hoping it will stop soon.Lots of love girlies blowkiss

MAE'S DIARY

Tuesday, August 31st 2010, 6:52pm

Hi girlies,

:hi: Welcome Caz. Hope your time on the purple pages is happy and healthy.

Amy - Glad you're starting to feel more positive honey blowkiss

Mae - glad the spotting is calming down. How far along are you now?

Nikki - not long now til you get to see your little one :weehee:

:thanx: for the good luck messages everyone,

1 perfect [zx076] seen clear and strong on scan today. The sonographer didn't even need to point it out we could both see it flashing away quite steadily. S/He measured 11.4mm CRL and everything was perfectly normal. The sonographer dated me as 7+3 which is 2 days further on than we had worked out according to EC and ET dates, but so long as everything is ok I really don't mind. Promptly went to the loo after and sat there in tears - relief was unbelieveable.

Scan picture now has pride of place on fridge (taking it to scholl to photocopy tomorrow so DH and I can carry a copy with us in our wallets). Went to see my Mum who promptly cried, then my brother came in and cried too. Wouldn't be so bad but they already knew lmao Apparantly DH and I are not the only ones who are relieved

Kaz23

Children: 4 year old daughter, her twin brother is our little angel watching over us. DS born April 2015.

Tuesday, August 31st 2010, 7:06pm

Natalie - that's excellent about the scan! Was thinking about you all day.

Me 39 DH 41

December 2010: Twins born @ 24+2, DS passed away shortly afterwards, DD fought a hard battle and after 4 months in neonatal came home.

Tuesday, August 31st 2010, 7:17pm

:thanx: Kaz. :goodluck: for your scan. Its tomorrow isn't it?

Reg: Nov 30th 2009

Children: twin boys

Tuesday, August 31st 2010, 7:22pm

Amy,

I just want to reply to you with what happened to me the week before last. We had tested 1 day early and got a really strong line with 3 different tests. Then a week and a half later I got some cramping pains and so DH said do another test. I did and the line was really faint so I started to panic. I went to the G.P and was sent to the Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit straight away where I had a scan and they found 2 heartbeats!

I know it is hard but please try not to panic.

Take Care, Lolashell xxx
TTC for no 1 for 3 years
ICSI Dec '09 - 1 egg collected - did not fertilise.
ICSI no 2 July '10 - BFP! Oscar 2.2lb and Zack 2.9lb born 17.1.11 - 12 weeks early, tiny but perfect xxx

Tuesday, August 31st 2010, 7:37pm

Fantastic news Natalie - have also been thinking of you all afternoon (was starting to get a bit worried). Must be such a relief.

Kaz - good luck for your scan tomorrow.

Amy - glad you are feeling a little bit better. Friday will be here before you know it.

Mae - glad only one more spot, am sure everything will be fine.

Hi Lolashell, Emz and everyone else.

I've had a rough day - couldn't stomach much food and by the time I got home from work felt awful. Had a nap and managed some food and feel better now. Not long to go now until 1st scan - just hope everything is ok.

xx

BraveGirl

Superstar

Wednesday, September 1st 2010, 8:45am

nellieanded - that is brill news about your scan.

nikki - good luck for tomorrow, I am sure all will be fine x
My Diary

United Kingdom

Wednesday, September 1st 2010, 9:16am

Hey ladies,

Just wanted to say all the best for the remainder of your first trimester.. I'm off to the Second but look forward to catching up with some of you there soon :) ..

Hoping that my second will be brighter than my first!!

See you soon lucky :)

Xx

bab21 Due 07/03/11

Wednesday, September 1st 2010, 9:44am

I received a letter yesterday for an antenatal appointment next Monday, I thought it was my 12 week scan but it's not :( They just want to see me (the local hospital) because it's an ivf pregnancy. Has anyone else had this and know what goes on? The women said after this appointment I will be referred back to my midwife? eh?? What do they mean referred back? why am I leaving her? I'm so anxious to get my scan date and see baby is ok. My friend who is slightly behind me has had hers last week for the 14th Sept what about meeeee? I will be 12 weeks on the 15th. :wacko:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Emma24" (Sep 1st 2010, 9:46am)

Wednesday, September 1st 2010, 11:13am

Well, I've had no sickness, cravings, or funny smells, just slighty sore (.)(.), unsatisfyable hunger and ..... one hairy belly!! I've got a line running above my belly button up about 7cm of hair then hair all below my belly button! and it is apparently normal! I couldn't remember if it had always been like this and had I just not noticed it before or wasn't it like this, but spoke to 2 of my friends and they had it too! LOL. Boyfriends new name for me - HAIRY BEAST! I'm just grateful to have a side effect at last ;)

emz

Ace

Wednesday, September 1st 2010, 1:46pm

lurve Hey ladies, hope your all well and feeling positive. I however was woke up last night by a nightmare- i went for my scan amd nothing was there :scared: very horrid!!! think im just anxious..... :tear:

2 more sleeps anyway so not long now.....

my morning sickness has well and truly kicked in also so i suppose that a good sign.

:xxx3: :xxx3: :xxx3:
12 week scan (early)

Kaz23

Wednesday, September 1st 2010, 2:45pm

Afternoon ladies

This will be a quick message. Think DH and I are in shock. Went for our scan and saw [zx076] [zx076] , so the twins are due 18th April. One of them was 9.6mm and the other 11.4mm. Thankfully DH was sitting down when we looked at the screen otherwise I think he would have fainted. I felt just overwhelmed by the whole thing, started giggling like a mad thing and then there were tears. They noticed though that I have cysts on each of my ovaruies, one of them is 6cm and the other 3.2cm which explains why I've been feeling very bloated and uncomfy. They're going to speak to Aberdeen so see if anything needs to be done. I phoned Aberdeen this afternoon though and they said not to worry and that this can happen with people who have had IVF and it usually settles down after the first 12 weeks. She assured me that it wouldn't hurt the babies. Anyone had this problem? Anyway, beacuse it's twins that means we automatically go to Aberdeen for the birth so at least we know. She also said we'll get more scans and check ups than normal so they can keep an eye on things. Heck, I'd happily go every week just for peace of mind! Next scan is 22nd Sept.

Right away for a lie down, a lot to think about and it's not all sunk in yet! Hope everyone is well. Nikki :goodluck: for tomorrow, Emz :goodluck: for friday, Emma I can relate about the hairy belly lol! Hi to everyone else too.

Me 39 DH 41

Wednesday, September 1st 2010, 4:26pm

That's fantastic Kaz - congratulations smile2

Getting a little bit nervous about tomorrow - just worked out have just over 16 hours to go ..... Had a bit more to eat today which seems to have helped with the nausea.

Emz - sure everything will be fine.

Emma - sure your scan date will come through soon.

xx

emz

Ace

Wednesday, September 1st 2010, 4:32pm

thanks Nikki and Kaz :hugs:

Wowzers Kaz two healthy heart beats im sooo happy for you..... :weehee:

Jesus if we get twins we defo need to change our car lmao is anyone else?

:clap
12 week scan (early)

Reg: Mar 25th 2009

Children: none

Wednesday, September 1st 2010, 5:28pm

hi girls, ameyliz hope your spotting has dissappeared hun,
well i have woke up this morning and had brown discharge when i wipe, so i panicked and got really stressed out and phoned the midwife who told me to ring our local hospital for scans.
the scans clinic was totally full and would not see me till tomorrow dinner time, so they told me to go home watch a dvd and chill!! yeah right!!
anyway we phoned st marys in manchester where we had out ivf and they told us to come straight up to the emergency gynae unit. we had a scan done there and we saw our little baby at 11 weeks and has a perfect little heartbeat beating away. i was just so worried after so many years of tryin i just hope nothing is wrong. they have told me to keep a check on the brown discharge and go back if it gets worse,
it seems to be exactly the same as this morning so hasnt worsened or gone when i checked last.
so gonna take it easy and keep my fingers crossed. i have got tummy ache feels a bit like a slight period pain and been told to take paracetamol.
any advice im still stressing out x x x
starsmileBecky x x

BeeS

Ace

Reg: Oct 31st 2009

Children: Two little boys born March '11 and Sept '13

Wednesday, September 1st 2010, 6:26pm

Hello All

Amy, still thinking of you lots and sending hugs.

Becjay, sorry you had a scare today - what a relief and how lovely to see your little one with heartbeat fluttering away!

Kaz, well done on the twins!!! How wonderful.

DH and I paid our first visit to the baby department of John Lewis on Monday. It was such fun to be there not to buy pressies for other people but to plan for our own little one! I really enjoyed it. But I didn't want to talk to any of the assistants when they came up offering help. DH kept asking why and I said "I feel like such a fraud!" It just hasn't really sunk in for me yet! I have my next scan a week on Friday, when I'll be a day off 12 weeks, all being well. So perhaps then I'll start to really believe it's true!!!

Hope everyone else is keeping well.

:biggrin:
Bee

PCO/Amenorrhea. Resistant to Clomid. Success with Gonal F ovulation induction.
DS1 born Mar 11 and DS2 born Sept 2013

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE