You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

landi

Superstar

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 5th 2008

Children: One gorgeous son born on 28th May 2010

Monday, December 21st 2009, 12:56pm

So pleased to hear about your scan Blue Sky.
xx

LAURA
28.05.10 My miracle son Harry was born 5 weeks early, by c-section lurve

landi

Superstar

United Kingdom

Monday, December 21st 2009, 5:31pm

Was just wondering how everyone else got on with their scans today?
xx

LAURA

Jasper

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Monday, December 21st 2009, 6:00pm

Hi everyone,

Sounds like everyone is doing well.

What a cold day it was again today, but here we are another day closer to Christmas and anything else we may be counting down towards........... mmmmmm

sheen_Bri - I am on Crinone too, it's not nice stuff. I checked with the nurse about the wetness last week and she sai it's nothing to worry about. It could be from the Crinone but also the increased hormone levels. I've also found that what doesn't leak out is left behind like some sort of concrete blocking me up!!!! Sorry everyone!!!!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

JVA

Ace

Reg: Jun 14th 2009

Children: Gorgeous little boy Henry

Monday, December 21st 2009, 6:58pm

:dancing: Hi All

Just got home from our private scan and it was fab. little baby A was great moving around a lot so at first it was not very clear, as it was facing downwards. The consultant was great, showed us everything, checked all the bones, spine, fluid at the back of the neck, which was below average. We saw the little legs and feet - truly amazing and so very different to our very quick scan in the EPU last Thurs. We also decided not to proceed with the blood tests for the NT, as the scan calculations were very good anyway and to be honest the bloods adjust this and do not give a definitive answer and at what stage would you then decide to go on and have more intrusive tests, which carry the risk of miscarriage? Personal decision and everybody is different.

My sickness has been bad today, retching at work from about 2 so glad when DH picked me up at 3.30 although I was dreading going for the scan and retching there! Thankfully did not happen :snigger:

DH is cooking dinner but I feel so very sick this eve, not good at all.

Blue Sky - Congrats on your scan, sounds like your LO was having fun too!

I have stopped worrying about the cream now :D

8 weeks til I see my baby again - NHS sent me a letter today with the date for my 20 wk scan seeing as they messed up the 12wk one so at least it is all booked in already.

Better go now as I am feeling pretty bad (have my bowl sitting next to me ready!)

Love to all blowkiss
Jessica

Reg: Oct 25th 2009

Children: None yet!!

Monday, December 21st 2009, 8:06pm

Hiya everyone

Blue Sky and Jess - Congrats on the great scans!

I just bobbed in to say I had mine too today (not my 12 week NHS one - no thats in another 2 weeks lol) but my nuchal scan, I had not eaten at all when I got there at lunch time and spooky was really lazy not really moving alot, we got a wave though and could see his little fingers and his feet! Everything seems to be fine so far, I did the blood tests too as they were included in the price, she was a miserable old cow who did it and because he wasnt moving very much and was facing the wrong way she kept jiggling my belly with the probe!! The said dont worry it wont harm him! He soon started moving around then! It was also only another £10 and she recorded it on to a DVD for us.

They only charge £70 for a scan at this private clinic in Leeds so I might have a sneeky one between my 14 week and 20 week scans!

Jess sorry to hear your MS was bad again today

What have you all been doing about telling people? I want to start on Wednesday when I am officially 12 weeks but also feel scared as I like having our little secret - not sure whether to wait until my NHS scan on 4th Jan to tell, but then people will ask why I am not drinking over christmas and the new year?!! Oh decisions decisions!!

Take care everyone and speak soon

Emma xxx
:BFP: 1/11/09

23/11/09 [zx076] and a little wiggle!!!

07/12/09 [zx076] and a little wave!!!

21/12/09 [zx076] and another wave!!

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Monday, December 21st 2009, 8:49pm

Glad to hear the scans went well today. At the clinic I go to you get one at 7 weeks and 9 weeks, but they are closed over xmas and new year so we have to wait until 10 weeks, which seems like a lifetime away!
Many of my friends and family already know which is not ideal but they have all supported us through what has been a difficult year at times and have known about the treatment all along. Many of them cried they day that we got the BFP! If things were different I wouldn't have told them until 12 weeks. They probably would have guessed when they spotted the lack of alcohol over Christmas. Maybe you could use the 'it's my turn to drive' excuse a few times or 'I overdid it the other day and had an awful hangover'!!!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

landi

Superstar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, December 22nd 2009, 1:01pm

Had our scan this morning and Rusty is fine. He was being very naughty and was sitting bolt upright facing forward so she couldn't get many good pics.
He was measuring at 59.9mm
I chose not to have the Downs testing, a personal choice for everyone.
I was so worried before we went, btu was so relived when I saw him on the screen. He was moving slowly and eventually gave us a little wave.

Hope all of you are ok today and not too cold.
xx

LAURA

landi

Superstar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, December 22nd 2009, 3:48pm

Just thought that I'd add 2 of the pictures from our scan today.
landi has attached the following files:

LAURA

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Tuesday, December 22nd 2009, 5:46pm

Glad the scan went well Landi. The pictures are really good, must have been lovely to get a little wave!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Reg: Sep 3rd 2009

Tuesday, December 22nd 2009, 7:56pm

oh wow. Landi the pictures are amazing.

You could not have asked more for xmas.

Well done. I hope ours goes well on the 31st.

Hope evrybody else is ok. Spankysbird, jess, and blue sky, congrats on the good results with the scan.

Regards

Kaborex

landi

Superstar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, December 22nd 2009, 8:48pm

Thanks Jasper and Kaborex - it was particularly nice as today is my birthday!
I had the best birthday present in the world.

Kaborex I hope the time goes quicly for you.

I was quite shocked at how hard the sonographer was pressing on my tummy. It was coz Rusty was not in a good position. It blummin hurt. I was most amused when she asked me to shake my hips and then jump up & down in order to get Rusty to move. I have a feeling this is going to be one cheeky baby.

LAURA

Tuesday, December 22nd 2009, 9:19pm

Oh my god. What a birthday present for you. That must have made your day. DW could not stop laughing when I told her that you had to jump up and down in order to get the baby to move.

All the best

Kaborex

Reg: Dec 30th 2008

Wednesday, December 23rd 2009, 2:11pm

Congrats Landi ... looks like you are in the second tri now :)

It is great being off for Christmas .. I took an extra day today as I have some college work to get done.
Jess, is the ms clearing up at all for you? Have you tried ginger .. works for me.

Ho Ho Ho .... xmas45 < ------ Landi doing gymnastics at the scan to get Rusty to move
Apr '09 - Lap & Dye (I blocked tube - adhesions removed from other)
July '09 :BFP:
Sep '09 - 9w 3d - MMC
Oct '09 :BFP:
Bubba is a little girl!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "wishdust" (Dec 23rd 2009, 2:11pm)

landi

Superstar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, December 23rd 2009, 2:44pm

WD - that is exactly what I looked like (but without the FC outfit) pmsl
Haven't ventured into 2nd Tri chat yet - bit nervous.

How is everyone doing today - Emma, Kaborex, Jess, Jasper, Blue Sky, WD, Sheen Bri etc.....
Are you all looking forward to Christmas? What is everyone doing on the 25th?

XX

LAURA

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Wednesday, December 23rd 2009, 5:30pm

Hi everyone,

I was awake at 4am this morning feeling very sick, which seems to be the norm lately. I managed to get back to sleep a while later and was feeling good by about 9.30. Maybe the chocolate biscuits helped!!! I am just so hungry all the time, I wouldn't normally have biscuits for breakfast but I just fancied them today so I gave in!

I'm getting very excited about Chrsitmas, just a shame I have to work tomorrow. ;( We are spending the day with my parents and I plan to put my feet up all ay and try to ignore the fact that they are all enjoying beer and wine!

I was planning on delivering some Christmas cards tonight but as I left them on my desk at work that will have to wait until tomorrow!

I hope you are all well and not too cold!

xx

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

JVA

Ace

Wednesday, December 23rd 2009, 6:07pm

Hey Everyone :xmas2:

How are you all doing? Feeling Christmasy yet? I cannot believe it is actually Christmas eve tomorrow!

I have been to work today despite feeling awful again. Had terrible sickness last night, went to bed early but woke up twice for the loo and then at 3am I could not get back to sleep until about 5am, then had to get up at 6:45 for work. I wanted to leave work early but got held up with a problematical claim for one of my clients so I have only just got back! Tummy hurts this avo too, think its is from sitting down all avo, wind and stress (sorry tmi). Waiting for DH to come home then we are going to grab a quick bite to eat and go to M&S to get some food for Christmas and I need to buy 1 more present for a friend.

I am off work now until next Tues - yipee!!! happydance DH and I need to pop to the maternity clothes shop in the morning then we plan to go to my dad's grave to put some flowers down and say happy christmas and then chill for a while, as we have a friend round for dinner in the eve.

We are home alone for Christmas which we are really looking forward to No stress, get up when we want, eat when we want etc. We are planning on having roast lamb for our lunch then pop round to see our friends who have 2 boys, aged 4 and 6, which should be fun.

Boxing day will be just the two of us again :D then we are possibly going down to the West Country at the weekend to see family.

Jasper - I know how you feel on the sickness side, it is so much worse for me in the eve and at night now?!

Anyway best go now as the nausea is not good.

Wishing you and your little babies on board a fab Christmas xmas30 xmas45 none of this though eh for us girlies! xmas44
Jessica

Wednesday, December 23rd 2009, 6:11pm

Hello everyone,

Are you all almost ready for Christmas? I have had this week off but are working tomorrow, I told 4 people today that I am pregnant which felt really weird!

I have some guiness in the fridge so I can have one glass on Christmas day with my dinner, I know guideline say you can have between 1-2 units a week but I am abit unsure whether to have it or not? What have you all done?

Take care xxx

landi

Superstar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, December 23rd 2009, 7:48pm

Hi Emma, it's exciting telling people isn't it? We told everyone pretty much straight away. I just thought if something's going to happen, us telling people won't make a difference and there will be more people to understand & support if anything went wrong.
I haven't had any alcohol apart from I cheeky glass of Lambrini (classy I know) of the day we found out about rusty. I don't normally drink much at all anyway, so it's not really bothering me at all.
x

LAURA

Wednesday, December 23rd 2009, 8:04pm

Hi,

Got home today and we saw DW's payslip had arrived through the post. Boy were we in for a shock!

Her payslip stated that she had only been paid 1/4 of what her normal salary is. She had a doctors certificate that she was signed off for four weeks and still the company did not pay her. Has anyone been through this kind of thing before. Her sister who works for another company has been off work a lot longer than her for pregnancy related illness, and she says she has never had this happen to her.

On the payslip it states her normal salary, below it states an amount for SSP then below that it states SICK ADJ and that value is a negative value even higher than her normal salary. If anyone works in HR can you please shed some light on this?

The last time she was signed off for two weeks and when she went back to work her manager had a "return to work interview" and she mentioned that on the form there was a part were the manager had to state whether she is to be paid or not. Could it be that she was not paid becasue she has not had that interview yet? If so what if someone was in hospital two months? What then will they not get paid until they come back to work for the "return to work interview"?

Please advise.
Kaborex

landi

Superstar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, December 23rd 2009, 8:51pm

OMG Kaborex - that's awful!
I'm afraid I only know how my company works.
Companies are so different.
The direct gov website says

"It's unlawful sex discrimination for employers to treat women less favourably because of their pregnancy or because they take maternity leave. Such treatment includes things like:
*trying to cut your hours without your permission
*suddenly giving you poor staff reports
*giving you unsuitable work
*making you redundant because of your pregnancy (you might still be made redundant for other reasons)
*treating days off sick due to pregnancy as a disciplinary issue
Your employer can't change your terms and conditions of employment while you are pregnant without your agreement. If they do, they will be in breach of contract."

Probably best to check the maternity policy of her employer.

I hope you manage to sort it out - not what you need 2 days before Christmas.
xx

LAURA

Wednesday, December 23rd 2009, 9:00pm

Thanks Laura. I do hope it is a mistake on their part. She will find out tomorrow as she is due back to work tomorrow.

Will keep you posted.

Many thanks

Kaborex

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Wednesday, December 23rd 2009, 10:00pm

I hope everything works out Kaborex. It's stress that you just don't need! I had problems with my company when I was having IVF treatment, I had to take it all as holiday as it's 'elective' treatment. They class it the same as someone electing to have plastic surgery, what a joke! It was a small price to pay though when we finally got a BFP!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

JVA

Ace

Thursday, December 24th 2009, 8:41am

Nightmare Kaborex!

I think you will find that the normal sickness procedures apply in terms of pay. The employer is not allowed to treat maternity sickness as normal sickness in terms of keeping it on your record but I think the usual terms and conditions of the company sick policy applies in respect of pay. So if DW would normally be deducted for sick pay, the same would apply but it should certainly not be any worse than normal.

Not what you need just before Christmas eh. I hope DW gets it sorted today.
Jessica

Reg: Apr 27th 2009

Children: None

Thursday, December 24th 2009, 3:12pm

HELP ........... Please

I have quiet serious pains just inside my right hip close to the top of my pubic area, been having them for about a week, but not constant and much worse than previous, clinic said initially probably uterus stretching....... but much worse now, anyone experienced in early pregnancy or can shed any light?

Much Love

IVF July 2009 BFN From 1 Emby

FET Transfer 4th Dec2010 - 2 x Embies - BFP (Bled from implantation to eventual loss)

FIRST SCAN 4TH JAN - 6W 3 DAYS - 1 X STRONG HEARTBEAT - BABY MEASURED 6MM

2nd SCAN 8TH JAN - M/C - SIMPLY VANISHED

August 2010 - First home visit adoption Sept 2010 - Open evening adoption

Thursday, December 24th 2009, 3:52pm

DW was told today that she was only allowed 120 hours of sick leave. Therefore by her being signed off for 6 weeks, she has gone over the allowed limit which the company would normally top up on top of the SSP. So she is only entitled to SSP!

Hmmm... So much for having worked for them for SIX odd years without having called in sick once. I have a feeling that she will have to start using those 120hours every year to get them back. I would.

Dawniedoll, the stretching is quite normal. DW had quite a lot of these pains. In fact since ET. However it went away at around 9-10th week but has come back with a vengence at 11 weeks. She gets it especially when she is trying to get up from the setty. Midwives told her that it could well be the uterus ligaments strectching. However it it gets really bad go and see your GP. Seems to come and go.

Regards and merry xmas to all

Kaborex

Thursday, December 24th 2009, 5:28pm

Dawniedoll - I had similar sounding pain mine lasted a couple of days then stopped then came back, I went to my doctor who checked for a urine infection (which was clear) so said it will be stretching pains. Like Kaborex said go see your GP if it continues they do seem to rush you in if you tell them you are pregnant.

Emma xx

Reg: Apr 27th 2009

Children: None

Thursday, December 24th 2009, 5:37pm

Thank you guys and gals

Feel a bit more reassured didnt really want to be bothering the GP on Xmas eve will see how I go over the next few days, paracetamol seems to take the edge off a bit.

Merry Christmas

IVF July 2009 BFN From 1 Emby

FET Transfer 4th Dec2010 - 2 x Embies - BFP (Bled from implantation to eventual loss)

FIRST SCAN 4TH JAN - 6W 3 DAYS - 1 X STRONG HEARTBEAT - BABY MEASURED 6MM

2nd SCAN 8TH JAN - M/C - SIMPLY VANISHED

August 2010 - First home visit adoption Sept 2010 - Open evening adoption

Reg: Aug 3rd 2009

Thursday, December 24th 2009, 6:36pm

I hope you feel better soom dawniedoll
TTC since 05. 2 mc, 1 nat 1 IVF. Diagnosed with APS.IVF apr 11 :BFP: Fletcher was born xmas day '11!

JVA

Ace

Saturday, December 26th 2009, 10:07am

Hey!

Downiedoll - I had exactly the same pains but on the other side, which lasted for about 3-4wks. I had 3 urine samples tested, all clear so it was just my uterus stretching, so probably the same for you too. If it carries on and you are worried your GP should see you quite quickly so do not be afraid to pop in and see them.

Kaborex - Nightmare on the sickness front then! Not good just before Xmas.

Hope you are all having a great Christmas. Seems that we have the lovely rain back again today down here in the South :sadface:
Jessica

Saturday, December 26th 2009, 11:22am

Happy Christmas all!

I'm feeling rotten the last few days - had a bad headache yesterday and ended up going to bed early. Its still there today, not as bad but it only take a little noise to raise its head again. We have HB's family over for the day.

I have been drinking loads of water in case it is dehydration, but its obviously something hormonal.

Hope you are all having a wonderful Christmas and that Santy dropped off all the pressies.
I swear I heard him this year - a little tinkle of a bell and a loud yawn from Rudolph xmas48
WD
Sep '09 - 9w 3d - MMC
Bubba is a little girl!

Saturday, December 26th 2009, 11:24am

Hi there

Just bobbing in to see if you all had a good Christmas? Mine was very quiet but really nice.

I have now become addicted to my doppler! I use it first thing every morning before I get out of bed and I love it!

It's weird because I usually find it in the same place and today its much higher up, and when I measured my belly (which I also do every day lol) it has gone up 2cm since yesterday. I think I have read somewhere that the fetus moves up in the 12week, does anyone else know?

I know we all have the bestest Christmas presents growing inside us at the moment but did anyone get anything really special?

Take care everyone

Emma xx

Sunday, December 27th 2009, 3:10pm

Hello!! Hope everyone is keeping well and all had a lovely christmas. We have just come back from Babybond and a private scan. Have to say how good they are!!! We saw the little ones jumping around like mad (showing off because they were on tv I think!). We got 10 great pictures of them too! So if any of you are thinking of getting a private scan done then I can recommend Babybond, they were fab!!!

2mums

Star

Reg: Jun 28th 2008

Children: One gorgeous son

Sunday, December 27th 2009, 5:16pm

Hi mummies, daddies and bumps, can I join you? I got my BFP several weeks ago and have been lurking for a while, but I was too scared to join in... For those who don't know me, this is my third cycle of IVF - last time I got a BFP but there was no heartbeat at the 7-week scan. This time I persuaded my clinic to scan me early at 6+1, and saw a perfect little heartbeat :D, which reassured me. Got another scan booked for 8 Jan when I'll be 8+3.

Dawniedoll, I've had a bit of stretching too, at first I was terrified that the pg might be eptopic because it was on one side, but seems like that's normal. How are you feeling?

Karobex, that really sucks about your DW's sick leave :sadface:

Wishdust, hope you're feeling better.

hope everyone had a fantastic Xmas!

ICSI Apr09 BFN
ICSI Jul09 BFP m/c (blighted ovum)
ICSI Nov09 :BFP:
:boy:

DaffyMan

Sunday, December 27th 2009, 5:23pm

We saw the little ones jumping around like mad (showing off because they were on tv I think!).

Yes, they were very active! Somersaults, and I'm sure they've started fighting each other for space. Wasn't expecting them to be so big and active :D

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Sunday, December 27th 2009, 5:32pm

Hi everyone and welcome to 2mums.

I hope you are all enjoying the Christmas break so far........

I've just got back from spending Christmas with my parents and my brother, his wife and their 3 children. The children are 2, 4 and 7, and it was a very noisy couple of days. It was lovely but I am glad to be home to our peaceful house, especially as I am not feeling too well today. I managed to sleep for 3 hours this afternoon, but still feel no better. I think I have a cold coming as I ache from head to toe, and keeping getting cold shivers. :poorly:

I just hope Bambino is safe and warm in my tummy!

Flowerpower- how many weeks are you? I have another scan on 7th Jan when I will be 10 weeks, and I was wondering how much more there will be to see than when we had the 7 week scan and all we saw was a fuzzy blob!!!

Do you all get scans at your clinic or are you having to pay for them? At ours you get one at 7 and at 9 weeks. Has to be 10 weeks for us though as they are shut for xmas and new year!!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

2mums

Star

Sunday, December 27th 2009, 5:44pm

My first scan was free (it should have been at 7 weeks but they did it early), and any after that we have to pay for. You're lucky getting two!

ICSI Apr09 BFN

DaffyMan

Sunday, December 27th 2009, 6:18pm

Flowerpower- how many weeks are you? I have another scan on 7th Jan when I will be 10 weeks, and I was wondering how much more there will be to see than when we had the 7 week scan and all we saw was a fuzzy blob!!!

Do you all get scans at your clinic or are you having to pay for them? At ours you get one at 7 and at 9 weeks. Has to be 10 weeks for us though as they are shut for xmas and new year!!

Hi Jasper,
The NHS clinic gave us a scan at 8 weeks, after which we've been handed over to the NHS maternity unit. However, our first maternity unit scan will be on 7 Jan (somewhere around 13-14 weeks). We paid for this private scan at Babybond for reassurance and so we know everything is okay when seeing relatives over the Christmas / New Year period.

I remember the 8 week scan - the baby(ies) are so small (around 1.5cm) and the heartbeat just a couple of moving dots (shock to see two though!). By today they had leapt to 5cm and were very active. Suggested to flowerpower that she cut down on the Shloer!

Best of luck with your pregnancy.

2mums

Star

Tuesday, December 29th 2009, 9:26am

Morning everyone, how are you all doing today?

I keep thinking it's all a dream and i'm not really pg... just feels too good to be true! It just hasn't sunk in yet, maybe because I'm not having any symptoms. I have to keep looking at my scan pics to make sure I haven't imagined the whole thing :snigger:

I'm going to see my GP tomorrow to tell her about being pg and book a midwife appointment etc.

I'd have a scan every week if I could afford it! But after my next one (8 weeks) I'll probably try to wait for the 12-week NHS one.

ICSI Apr09 BFN

Tuesday, December 29th 2009, 2:54pm

Hey all!

I'm having a bit of a tough couple of days tbh. I am just so anxious, im not sleeping and its making me ill. I keep crying and i know i should be over the moon, i am its just im terrified of having another miscarriage. My first scan is 2 weeks today at the clinic but im going to visit the gp tomorrow to talk to him about having another blood test or a scan at 6 weeks to see if i can comfort myself in anyway. Have any of you guys had similar feelings?

I dont seem to have a great deal of symtoms either!
TTC since 05. 2 mc, 1 nat 1 IVF. Diagnosed with APS.IVF apr 11 :BFP: Fletcher was born xmas day '11!

Tuesday, December 29th 2009, 5:01pm

Kayleigh, I think most of the ladies on here have felt the same way as you, I know I definately did, I spent a fortune on pregnancy tests just to check I still was pregnant then the day before my scan one of the tests showed negative so going to my scan I had convinced myself that I had a missed miscarraige but as you can see when we got there little spooky was there wiggling away. Talk to your GP or see about having a private scan, my local clinic does them for £70 at least that will put your mind as ease for a while. As for symptoms it seems alot of girls dont have any, I only felt sick probably about 4 times, boobs abit tender for a week or so then nothing not even now - i even forget I am pregnant sometimes!!

I hope this can put your mind at ease a little bit, not sleeping will make you feel more anxious, try to talk to your midwife or get to see your GP tomorrow.

Take care luvvie xx

Tuesday, December 29th 2009, 5:17pm

Thank you spankysbird, I have looked just about everywhere to try and find a place that will do private scans in my area, the nearest is a couple of hours away.

My GP is generally excellent and has already done so much for me, i hope he can give me some reassurance.

I dont know what id do with out the support of all you guys!

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Tuesday, December 29th 2009, 5:46pm

Hi Kayleigh - I spent the first 2 weeks after my BFP close to tears, and then I felt guilty because I thought I should be skipping everywhere singing to myself to show how happy I was. I think I was just scared of having it all taken away so didn't want to get excited. Try not to worry about anything as this will cause you stress that you don't need. I have had my first scan and am lucky enough to be having another at just over 10 weeks, but that seems like a lifetime away at the moment! Rather than pay for a private scan maybe you could call your clinic and try and talk them in to doing it abit early!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Tuesday, December 29th 2009, 5:56pm

Hi Kaleigh,

Don't be worried about the symptoms - there is plenty of time for you to get them. Also, keep in mind that not everyone will be
driving a porcelan truck :yuk: or talking to God on the big white telephone :puke:
I definitely felt like you at 5 weeks. Tab back a couple of pages and you will see. I didn't have any symptoms and was worried about that. Then I didnt have any trust that this bean would be any different from the last one (MC in September) - why should it be.
I wasn't crying or overly axious about it, but it was at the back of my mind. I had two scans - one at 6w 5 days (symptoms started the very next day) then another at 8w 1 day. Both were fine.

What I am trying to say is to try your very best to be positive girl. It is so hard when you have been disappointed before. It is scarey to believe that this time might be okay. I think all the girls feel this at some stage or another during their pregnancies.

That's what we are all here for. Drop in if you have any questions or just want to chat. Maybe we can take your mind off it or ease some of the worry.

Wish Dust.
Sep '09 - 9w 3d - MMC
Bubba is a little girl!

Tuesday, December 29th 2009, 6:59pm

Thank you for your kind words wishdust.

It looks like in time i will feel better, Ive not been at work since egg collection because they have a 'fertility' policy that pays me if i need time off for treatment, I've probably had way too much time on my hands to worry about every little twinge i would otherwise not feel!

Tuesday, December 29th 2009, 8:09pm

I was only thinking about that earlier .. back to work next week and less time to symptom spot :thumbup:
He He
Sep '09 - 9w 3d - MMC
Bubba is a little girl!

Tuesday, December 29th 2009, 9:06pm

hehe! symptom spotting is the worst!

I should learn to knit or something to stay busy.

Tuesday, December 29th 2009, 9:51pm

Hi all,

Hope evryone is ok. Well DW's present arrived in the post today.....Yes a "Hi BEBE" foetal heart rate monitor. We were not sure if we wanted to try it just in case we cannot hear a heart beat (especially two days before our 12 week scan). However, we both plucked up the courage and started to try and get a heart beat out of this thing.

So I tried it on my heart first of all. After all, it is a pretty big heart and I thought we would hear it straight away. Sat there and began wondering wether I was dead but nobody had told me. Nothing coming out of the monitor at all. I thought how strange! I began to think that the monitor was rubbish. However, after applying some of the Gel that came with it, I got the heartbeat straight away (mine that is).

I then decided to try and find peanut's heartbeat. I must have spent about 20minutes trying the probe in different positions but still nothing. Deep down I thought to myself everything must still be alright cause DW is still having MS.

I definitely heard the placenta. It was then I realised why they say the placenta makes a "whooshing noise". Still did not gt a heart beat. When the placenta noise was heard the reading on the monitor was around 90 to 110. I knew this was not the heartbeat cause it should be around 150 to 160.

Then OMG....after very patiently moving the probe very carefully.....There it was. A perfect 160 beats per minute and definitely a different sound to the whooshing noise of the placenta. It is so much easier to find the noise made by the placenta. However, when you find that sound you have to keep the probe in the same location but just tend to angle it right left or top to bottom.

I must say this is not for the faint hearted. It can be scary not hearing the heartbeat. However once you experiment with it you find it easier to use. I would not advise anyone to purchase the really cheap ones I have seen on the internet. We have the Hi-BEBE one which is in the region of £80-£100, however, it is also one of the models used by midwives.

This has made my evening.

All the best

Kaborex

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Tuesday, December 29th 2009, 10:03pm

Wow Kaborex that must have been amazing, although I have to say I am not brave enough to get one. I would have given up after a few minutes and got myself in a right state!!!! I bet you'll be using it everyday now!!!!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Tuesday, December 29th 2009, 10:15pm

Probably will. The first time is the scariest. The problem is we were not sure how far up or down the belly to try. It is still pretty low down at this stage (just above pubic area). Then you have the problem at what angle to place it.

It is really worth while in the end. Will try and post the MP3 in a minute.

Kaborex

Tuesday, December 29th 2009, 10:34pm

Sorry but even inmp3 format it is too big as the allowed file size seems to be 155kb!! That is tiny. Was that the allowed size of the attachements before?

Kaborex

2 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

2 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE