You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Riggsy

Reg: Apr 9th 2009

Wednesday, May 19th 2010, 3:11pm

Just had my 12wk & NT scan & bloods. It was amazing! Baby was bouncing about all over the place, arms and legs everywhere. Now known as the Riggler! Such a wonderful thing to see. Puts me at 11 wks 6 days, just one ahead of where I thought. Due date 1st december. Such a relief to see a really strong heart beat and growing as it should. Me & DH can't stop smiling - he's treating himself to champagne tonight!

Good luck for everyone else's scans x

Reg: May 28th 2009

Wednesday, May 19th 2010, 3:50pm

:balloons: :congrats: :balloons: Great news Riggsy!

sukitot

Reg: Apr 28th 2009

Children: little boy

Wednesday, May 19th 2010, 4:04pm

Hi
So we are just about the same date my due date is the 14th December .I have my scan with the local hospital on the 10th June it feels such along time away I will worry so much .They could not see me any nearer my 12 weeks because the unit is so busy.
I hope no one minds me asking this and it is a bit personal .Has anyone had any discharge i started at the weekend at first i thought it was alittle discoloured but it like a whitey yellowy funny colour is this normal i cant remember having it with my little boy.
I am exhausted at the moment although my sickness is not as bad this week it comes and goes before i had it constant its just the tummy ache that worries me now.Has anyone else got any similier symptoms be great to hear.
Suki
x
suki

Riggsy

Wednesday, May 19th 2010, 6:03pm

Thanks NH & Suki x

Suki, I also have really bad discharge. Sometimes feels like I've wet myself,and sometimes it's like really thick nasty snot! (TMI) From what I've read it's pretty normal. Also have had tummy pains on and off all the way so far and judging by my scan today seems like that is normal too. I know it's so hard not to worry, and awful waiting for the scan. You could pay for a private scan if you're concerned. Try to keep yourself busy and read up loads to reassure yourself that your symptoms are normal. Just remember every woman and every pregnancy is different so just because you have different symptoms to someone else it doesn't mean anything is wrong. My sickness died down at about week 9 and I was convinced it meant something bad but now I'm just thankful I don't feel so rough and can start enjoying my pregnancy journey.

Riggs x

dmh36

Reg: Mar 2nd 2009

Children: 2 daughters aged 19 and 17, 5 angel babies

Wednesday, May 19th 2010, 6:30pm

hi again suki i'm from doncaster but being lukd after by jessops xx :happy:

Wednesday, May 19th 2010, 8:00pm

Hi Everyone smile2

All went well at the 12 week scan on Monday - lo was bouncing around without a care in the world while Dh and I were having a nervous breakdown waiting to see!! Have not had a minute to get on here as been visiting and telling everyone and just so exhausted - but very happily so. Lo measured 12w 2d - 2 days further along than we thought - due date 27 November. So glad to get to this point - am going to try my damndest to start enjoying the pregnancy now!!

Excellent news about your scan too Riggsy :thumbsup2: !!

HopefulH & Sparky - any news? Hope all is well x

Suki - I have had a bit of discharge too - has me running to the loo to check it's not blood about once a day! All totally normal I'm told though.

Hope everyone else is bearing up with the waiting, sickness, tiredness...great isn't it?!
Low AMH, MFI
Shock natural BFP June 09 - MMC Aug 09

First ICSI March 10 :BFP:

First scan 14/4/10 [zx076] heartbeat seen & heard

Thursday, May 20th 2010, 9:49am

HI EVERYONE!

our 12 week scan went well... we are exactly 12 weeks as we thought... so my due date is the same as yours Riggsy - 1st Dec!!! Glad your scan and Mr S. your scan went well.

We need to get the combined tests results back and then I can relax... the NT scan seemed well below the risky level so fingers crossed it's all okay! (we have downs on husbands side)

What is totally amazing is the change / growth since our 6 week scan which showed a bean with a beating heart... it really is truely amazing to see the gorgeous little outline - eyes, ears, nose, limbs... and it looked like it was waving at us as the arm was up... Also the measurement showed the baby was above average size which is amusing as my husband is very, very tall - 6'6". The baby was very tired... hardly moved, which sounds strange after reading your other reports of wriggling moving babies, oh dear here i go worrying again...

Has anyone else had the 12 week scan and found the baby wasn't moving around all that much?
I lifted my pelvis and riggled my hips which made the baby squirm and move it's head but that was about it... was very cute though!
I'm thinking I rushed from work and by 2.00 I hadn't had my lunch, and hadn't eaten since about 11.00 so I was very hungry, so maybe the baby was a little low on energy too... what do you guys reckon??

So good news for now! Big smiles on our faces at home... smile2

Hope you're all coping and well!
Sparky.x.

Thursday, May 20th 2010, 10:47am

Sparky and Mrs S - clap happydance :goodnews: :thumbsup2: :congrats:

Great to hear such positive scan results - I am so happy for you. And to be truthful, a little jealous as it seems like forever until mine. I haven't even got a date set yet!

Suki - I have lots of white (ish) discharge. Around the 5-7 week it was quite thick but now at 10w it is more runny (TMI) and more often. I almost feel like I need a panty liner! I have various aches and pains in the pelvic/hip and lower back region.

Reg: Feb 9th 2010

Children: 1 perfect boy born after icsi tx

Thursday, May 20th 2010, 10:53am

Riggsy, Mrs S and Sparky - well done all of you on your scans. You must all be thrilled. Sparky I wouldn't worry too much, from what I can gather they need their rest too, just like us. S/he was probably bouncing about all night long you just didn't know it!

Well I had my panic app with the midwife yesterday begging her to try to hear the heartbeat before I go to Portugal tonight. (Will not get a scan until 13/14 weeks at the earliest) She told me not to worry if we couldn't hear anything as it was still early 11+2, after about 2 minutes hearing my own heart we were really starting to panic. The midwifes face was giving nothing away. No point being told anything we still don't listen do we? Anyway we finally heard the little darling. Galloping along like a racehorse. To say the relief we felt was immense is an understatement.

I hope everyone keeps well and will check up on you all when I get back. :xxx3:

FET JAN 2012 - 2 embies :BFN:
2 still on ice for another day xfingers

My Diary

Riggsy

Thursday, May 20th 2010, 12:30pm

Congrats on your scans Mrs S and Sparky, it's just so wonderful to see our LO's. Don't worry too much Sparky, I had just had breakfast and legged it up a big hill to get to my appointment on time so poor little thing was probably still bouncing about from that!

Great news you heard the heartbeat before you go Hopeful H, you can relax a bit now and enjoy your holiday.

Hi to everyone else x

mollie61

Reg: Apr 15th 2010

Children: None

Thursday, May 20th 2010, 4:23pm

Hi EVERYONE,

Any room for one more, just had my BFP this week and i am overjoyed!! still a little shell shocked but so happy.
just wanted to no how did everyone feel on the 5-6 Weeks?? i am so full of gas.....i no toomuch info!! but im getting cramps from
it!! I was worried at first with the cramps until i realised what it actually is!!

Did anyone else have this??

Hope everyone is well

xxxxx
bab21
Due 17/01/2010

18/05/2010 :BFP:

:xxx3:

Riggsy

Friday, May 21st 2010, 6:33am

Congratulations Mollie! And welcome to the 1st trimester. You'll find everyone really helpful and supportive.

I had really bad gas from the start, DH not impressed! I found rennie deflatine helps and it's safe to take in pregnancy.

Wishing you a very happy, healthy pregnancy x

mollie61

Friday, May 21st 2010, 9:24am

Thanks for that!! ill try that today then.

How far ru on this process then?? its so nerve wrecking.

xxxx
bab21
Due 17/01/2010

Riggsy

Friday, May 21st 2010, 11:11am

Hey Mollie,

I was 12 weeks yesterday so shall be moving over to 2nd trimester board soon. If you look a bit up the thread you'll see I had my scan the other day and it was wonderful :dancing:

Good luck with the gas! x

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Riggsy" (May 21st 2010, 11:12am)

Friday, May 21st 2010, 4:55pm

Such a scary moment!

Hi all,

Last night at 7pm I went to the loo and got a nasty shock. I still KW big time but nowadays I am on automatic pilot and don't expect to see anything. So I literally did a double take when I wiped and looked down and the tissue was covered completely with bright red blood.

I came out of the toilet and told DH and then laid on the lounge crying. As the night progressed there was no more bright red blood and just a tiny bit of reddy/brown spotting when I wiped. In my head I knew that the amount of blood was small, but that first time of bright red blood it was enough to cover all the toilet tissue on two separate wipes (tmi).

I tried to sleep but couldn't so spent the whole night awake and catching up on TV. I also spent the night weeing every 45 minutes and wiping and watching. The brown spotting, while still there, was getting less and less. At 7.30am, I called the midwife office and I was told a midwife will call me by mid morning. DH went to work and before 9am the midwife called and arranged for me to go to the EPU for a scan at 12.15pm.

I had to go to a doctor's surgery to pick up the referral letter and then DH came home and we went to the hospital.

We were kept waiting only a few minutes before being ushered in to have a scan (external not internal). Instantly LO was found, moving away happily. LO measured 35mm and came in at exactly 10w +2 (which is the perfect measurement) and heartbeat was seen beating away. There was no evidence of why I had bleed, they think maybe the second empty gestation sac had come away, since it has now disappeared. No visible signs to indicate any bleeding.

To say that I am happy and relieved is an understatement. But I still have a small amount of brown spotting and until that goes away I don't think I can really relax. Still it was amazing to see such a difference in the LO today from the scan at 7w +2. And I feel very lucky and dare I say impressed with the NHS that not only did a midwife contact me before 9am but also to get a same day scan at the EPU was amazing. I take back all those ungenerous thoughts I have had about the public health care system.

So there you have it - a scary story with thankfully a happy ending. ohthedrama

Reg: Feb 18th 2010

Saturday, May 22nd 2010, 11:25am

Hi all!

Natural horse.. I can imagine how horrifying
it must have been to see the blood but
I am so glad everything is ok for you and
you don't have Anymore scares!

AFM I had first appt with the midwife yesterday.
She gave me loads of things to read! Got my next scan
on monday and I am scared to death!! I'm
worried as I had a sharp pain to one side
last week and yesterday my tummy started
feeling heavy if that makes sense? I am
also really self concious about people seeig
my belly .. So I am more worried than
the internal scans! Heyho only 2 days to go!

IUI - February 2010 - :BFN:
IUI - March 2010 - :BFP: :boy:
26/11/2010 - baby Samuel born

MY DIARY

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 12th 2009

Children: Scarlett Holly born 25/12/2010

Saturday, May 22nd 2010, 6:05pm

Hey Mollie - Congratulations!! happydance And welcome!!

Natural Horse i'm so chuffed that story ended happily albeit damn scary. I hope you're feeling OK and that you can relax properly sooner rather than later :hugs:

Emz those two days will pass really quickly - and I doubt she'll be looking at your tum, rather the screen - so try to relax (sorry it's easier said than done) but i'm sure you'll be fine. Plus you'll soon have perfect little bump and I bet you'll want to show it off to the world!

I had my first midwife appt yesterday and was bombarded with tonnes of info to get through this weekend - she booked me in for a 12 week dating scan too!! After all that panicing i wasn't going to see little pea until 20 weeks! She was so nice...got another appt lined up with her shortly for bloods etc. Must get my nose into the leaflets this weekend though - got a full week at work next week and although the tiredness is becoming less and less i think it's gonna draaag :P zzzz
Hope you're all doing OK and enjoying this amazing weather x :cheeers:
Natural :BFP: June 2011! biggrin2 bab21

Monday, May 24th 2010, 6:50am

Hey Mollie, welcome hope you are ok !

Miss Purple - How did all the reading go ? I have the same tonnes of info too and had a flick through this weekend, especially the big purple book "The Pregnancy Book".
I was looking at the how your baby develops section, got to page 21 where the baby looks fully formed and i though ahh that isnt so bad, i'll soon pop that out...
then i turned to page 23 and OMG the baby fills ALL of the stomach... how can that possibly come out of such a small hole !!!! lol.

AFM - scan day today !!!! eeeek, i am excited and quietly confident, although there is always that doubt in the back of my mind. I shall let you all know how it goes later.

Hope everyone else is OK ?

MY DIARY

Monday, May 24th 2010, 8:50am

Good luck with your scan Emziiui! Can't wait to hear how it all goes.

AFM - well the brown spotting has mostly stopped now. Just the occasional discolouration when I wipe now. I am feeling a lot more confident and calm now than I was at the end of the week. In hindsight, once the shock has gone, it wasn't that much blood and to see the baby looking perfectly normal, measuring spot on and moving around so much was incredible. I too have been looking at the tonne of information that the midwife gave me. I am particularly interested in the money off vouchers! :)

Monday, May 24th 2010, 9:38am

Emziiui good luck for your scan.

Riggsie - thanks for your advice re chocolate before my next scan, my LO is obviously a bit lazy or not liking my high fruit and veg diet!!

Natural Horse - that must have been very scary! so glad you're okay and the LO is okay! The EPU where I am was absolutely brilliant when i had my ectopic last year; so i'm glad to hear they're good where you are too... I've been very impressed with the NHS, my ICSI was on NHS and I was looked after very well and it worked so I love them!!!

This is such a nerve wracking time... we're waiting to hear from hospital re combined screening results. We've been told 'no news is good news' as they contact you quite quickly if there is a high risk of downs (this is what my sister-in-law had) and we haven't heard anything yet... I'm getting a little more positive and hoping we can start telling people soon (only our parents and 1 friend know at the mo) that will be great! [zx145]

love this silly running dog!!

good luck all and Hello and welcome Mollie!
Sparky.x.

Riggsy

Monday, May 24th 2010, 12:04pm

Natural Horse, so glad your spotting almost stopped. Sounds like you've got a good antenatal team. That's reassuring in itself.

Emziiui, how did the scan go?

Sparky I know how you feel waiting for the downs screening. I had my scan last weds and luckily we got the results on saturday so didn't have too long to wait, but it was a very nerve wracking few days. We got a low risk result which just helps us to relax a bit more about it all. Hope you don't have to wait too long. I was so excited by the scan and the screening result that I told some random cashier in the supermarket! Some of closest friends don't even know yet!

Hi to everyone else, hope everyone okay x

Reg: Mar 27th 2010

Monday, May 24th 2010, 6:45pm

Hello Everyone - Hope you don't mind me joining you.

I got my :BFP: last week and I am so so happy and still in shock. Can't believe how lucky I am.

However the worrying has hit a new level!!! I am really concerned as I had really sore boobs in the 2WW and that has almost dissapeared. They are still bigger than normal but not as painful. Is this a concern? I'm sure there are lots of you with horrid morning sickness but I am praying for more symptoms so I know things are progressing.

I did do my 6th pregnancy test today (cos i'm paranoid) and it said PREGNANT 3+ Weeks and last week it said PREGNANT 1-2 weeks. So its increased so that is a good sign isn't it? [zx037]

I have lots of cramping too, is that something others have had too? Sorry lots of questions!!

Thanks for any advice you may have :xxx:
1st IVF 2010 :BFP:
Our gorgeous girl born Jan 2011
FET Jan 2013 BFN
FET Feb 2013 BFN

Reg: Jun 16th 2009

Children: twin girls

Monday, May 24th 2010, 7:17pm

Cramps are normal Lisa it is your womb stretching and you may have it for a few weeks. Boobs were sore because of progesterone don't worry it will come and go. Congratulations x

Kirstin's Parenting Diary

Jan 09 Icsi BFN May 09 Fet BFN Sept 09 Icsi BFN Jan 10 :BFP:
:girl: :girl: c-section 13/09/10

Monday, May 24th 2010, 8:21pm

Lisa - welcome to the first trimester thread. I think we are all worried, scared and obsessed for the majority of this trimester. I found the wait for my first scan absolutely horrid - much, much worse than the 2WW. Try not to over analysis your symptoms (or lack of) as everyone is different - easier said than done, I know.

My (.)(.) were only sore for a few days and then it went away and while I have been queasy, I have not been sick at all. However I have really struggled with exhaustion and I have been so achy in my pelvic, hip and lower back region. And trips to the loo - 6 times a night - it drives me crazy!

Make yourself comfy in this thread - we are here to help and to reassure each other. [zx127]

Tuesday, May 25th 2010, 7:57am

Morning everyone,

just popping in to let you all know the scan was fine :) Which i'm sure will keep me relaxed for at least 2 days lol

Little one was bopping around moving its arms and legs!

told work and the world about the pregnancy after the scan, i feel really fantastic !!!!!!!!!

MY DIARY

Tuesday, May 25th 2010, 11:55am

Thank so much for making me feel so welcome - I can't beleive i'm actually on the first trimester thread!!! AMAZING!!

Your so right Natural Horse - this is much worse than 2WW. I cannot wait until my scan, roll on the 11th June!!

I think I may have spoken too soon about symptoms perhaps, woke this morning and sat up and nearly fell over!! So so dizzy, then the dizziness made me feel sick. I have been in bed all morning feeling sick and dizzy. I certainly feel pregnant now but do not like feeling dizzy. X( Maybe its a one off and will ease off.

I've had to call in sick at work which concerns me as I have been off a lot for this IVF cycle. My baby is my priority and my health but I need a job & money to live!!! I have worked for my company for 2.5 years and get company sick pay - they have to be understanding don't they? They know about pregnancy even though its early cos they knew about IVF.

Congratulations Emziiui on your scan. So amazing to see a little baby like that!!!
FET Jan 2013 BFN
FET Feb 2013 BFN

mollie61

Tuesday, May 25th 2010, 1:09pm

Hello,

How amazing does it feel to be in this thread hey......well after you told me your clearblue says 3+ i went and got one!! ha but mine hasnt changed since
friday!! which i wasnt really expecting it to but then i started worrying thinking mine isnt prigressing like yours but i only had a 2-3 day transfer! ill
wait till fri to do my other one then see if its progressed!! Had my appoinment at the docs today and everything seems fine
first midwife appoinment next week!! its scary stuuf but as you said im just sooo scared of miscarrying it cannot come quick enuf the scan 2 weeks today!!

So how u feeling now?? wasnt feeling that sick today but my boobs are sooooooo sore!!

Hope your feeling better.

And thanks everyone for the welcome.

xxxxxxxxxx
bab21
Due 17/01/2010

lily1

Reg: Nov 23rd 2009

Children: None yet

Tuesday, May 25th 2010, 6:27pm

Hi everyone, I just had my 12 wk scan - I thought I was only 10+4 from my last scan but I am actually 11+4! I had to have a walk around and eat some chocolate to get the baby to move into the right position to be measured, but when I did it started kicking its legs - was so amazing! Still doesn't seem real but I am telling a few more people now. Am going on hol on Fri and have the NT scan and bloods when back so fingers crossed that is OK then I will be more relaxed. Maybe I am finally brave enough to put my BFP ticker on here now?! Hope everyone is OK xxx
Lily1
Me 31, polycystic ovaries
DB 32, borderline SA

May 09 Ovarian drilling & laparoscopy. No endo. Tubes clear.
Jan 10 Clomid 50mg & HCG - no ovulation

:BFP: shock au naturel 8/4/10

United Kingdom

Tuesday, May 25th 2010, 6:37pm

Awwww Emz baybeeee is lovely :D xx

Lisa - congratulations! :party: being patient with time isn't the word! Time just draaaagggs on by doesn't it! rotf Lol i'm not sure if it will EVER get any better. I chuffin' hope so - after the first tri. Every day feels like a milestone x

:smile: Mollie i'm sure your weeks 'til scan day will be broken down nicely with your midwife appt - just received my huge pack of info to read through - so after that atleast you can preoccupy your thoughts with some reading material for - well, a few minutes lol x

As for me - 10 weeks today - or, I should be going on my 7week scan measurements. Been doing an awful lot of running to the toilet- still on knickwer watch - my tiredness is wearing off - not a zombie at all this week - but I am still getting my early nights.

Hope you're all good. I hope that 2 days worth of sun wasn't this years "summer" ahaha

Ooh Lily you little monkey you posted just as I clicked sumbit :P that's fantastic news missis! Deffo get the ticker! Yey x have a fab holiday!! (where are you going?)

Reg: Mar 27th 2009

Children: Two the way!

Wednesday, May 26th 2010, 9:53pm

Hi Ladies

Please can I join you? I had my shock BFP last week. After 5 years of TTC, 6 failed cycles of clomid, 1 failed IVF and 1 failed ICSI I only went and got pregnant naturally!!!

It's still sinking in and I'm kind of walking around in a daze at the moment!

Wishing you all happy and healthy pregnancies

xxx
[zx076] [zx076] seen at 6w5d scan
IT'S TWINS!!!!!
TTC 5 years
Ist IVF APR 2009 - BFN
2nd IVF with ICSI SEP 2009 - BFN
3rd IVF with ICSI Dec 2010 - :BFP:
2008 - 6 x cycles of clomid all BFN

Thursday, May 27th 2010, 9:06am

:balloons: :congrats: :balloons: Congratulations Ellabella and welcome to the thread. Get nice and cosy on the couch and enjoy your time here.

AFM - well I am 11w +1 today and am STILL waiting for a date for my 12w scan! I must admit I am not too concerned though, since I had my emergency scan on Friday, I am not in a particular hurry anymore. Especially when I know it will be a further 8 weeks until the next scan!

This last week I have really noticed lots of ugly blue veins appearing on my (.)(.) and my stomach has turned to wobbly flab - so all in all I am feeling very unattractive at the moment!

United Kingdom

Thursday, May 27th 2010, 9:47am

Fantastic Ellabella!! Welcome and congratulations! :congrats:

10+2 for me - seeing the midwife next Thursday at 11+2 at home - and then 12 week scan to shortly follow before I fly away on holiday - so hopefully this next little stretch will be indeed that!

Hope you're all great, ladies x

Riggsy

Thursday, May 27th 2010, 6:10pm

Hi Everyone,

As I'm 13 weeks today I think I'd better get myself over to the 2nd trimester thread. Thanks for all your support and advice over the last few months and look forward to seeing you all there soon.

Riggs xxx

Thursday, May 27th 2010, 7:23pm

Hi everyone ,

Mollie don't worry about thos Clearblue Digital not progressing - I have heard some women say they are not that reliable. I think they are ok very early on but then as pregnancy progresses it possibly can't detect actual conception time. However I am pleased mine increased to 3+ weeks as I am so worried about lack of symptoms AGAIN!! I tested again today (must be my 9th test), and still says PREGNANT 3+ WEEKS. Phew!!

I did have the most awful dizziness and nausea for one day and since tuesday...nothing!! Very weird. My boobs are tender but definitely not as sore as previous.

First Doctors appointment today and he knows how much we struggled to conceive, so he hugged me!! I nearly cried. He has given me a maternity pack of some sort and I have a midwives appointment on the 22nd June. He thought better to have midwife appointment after my 1st early scan. CANT WAIT!!! Feels real now. This wait for scan is awful, time i dragging!!!

Welcome Ellabella, and Natural horse can't believe you have to wait so long for your 12 week scan appointment. Hope your OK.

Hope all other ladies are well. :xxx:
FET Jan 2013 BFN
FET Feb 2013 BFN

Friday, May 28th 2010, 9:02am

Riggsy - all the best in the 2nd trimester thread - I will see you there in two weeks time!

Lisal - when I told my GP I was BFP I nearly cried as he knew all of our history and how long we had been trying. He was just so pleased for us that I got really emotional. As for the symptom watch, I know it is easier said then done, but try to stop worrying. A lot of women cruise by the 1st trimester without hardly any symptoms. There's nothing wrong with them, they are just lucky! And the symptoms will always come and go - no two days will be the same. So try and relax and enjoy being pregnant.

AFM - Can you believe I am still waiting on my appointment for my 12w scan? I called up the other day and they confirmed they had my referral letter but haven't booked me in yet. I will give them until Tuesday (when I will be 11w +6) and call them again. Since last night I have had the most terrible headache. I think I need to drink more water but it is so extreme it must be hormone related. Bring on the end of the day I say so that I can go home and go to sleep!

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Friday, May 28th 2010, 2:42pm

Afternoon pregnant ladies!!

Don't forget the site will be offline from 3.30. Hopefully just for an hour but may be longer.

:hugs: and baby bump rubs!!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Reg: Feb 26th 2009

Children: Hartlepool

Friday, May 28th 2010, 6:49pm

Hello ladies
Today was my official test date and as I am in here u have prob guessed it was a :BFP:
Can I join you ladies? I have had a quick readthrough some of previous posts and recognise some of you from May Madams!
Lisal I have my first scan on same date as you.

I am thrilled but scared that things can go wrong. I have been here before but had m/c at 7 weeks- how do people cope without worrying all the time?
Symptoms this time are slightly different sore boobies on and off and feel sick nearly all day. I never thought I would be pleased to get these symptoms.

Love K
DRAMA QUEEN
1 m/c
2 ectopics both tubes removed
1st cycle IVF, 2 blasto 9.3.09
:BFP: but ended in m/c :sadface:
me 34 DP 41
IVF May 2010 and got :BFP:
2 babies all healthy so far and both boys! :D
SPD for me :bawl: Next scan 7th Jan xfingers for a decision to encourage babies to arrive!

Saturday, May 29th 2010, 10:01pm

CONGRATULATION's Drama-Queen on your BFP. I'm so pleased another May Madam with a success story!!!

AFM - Last 24 hours my nausea has been strong and coming in waves. Always much worse when in the car. I do have to eat often too as empty stomach makes it worse. When I'm feeling sick I hate it, but it makes me more at ease that perhaps things are progressing. I know some women get no symptoms and have healthy pregnancies but whilst I'm waiting for this early scan it reassures me a little. I'm still on knicker watch too, as worried AF may come.

Drama-Queen how exciting our scans are on the same date. Its a little strange they wouldn't scan me earlier as I had my BFP 2 weeks ago now. They said the 11th June is the earliest I would see anything on a scan? How many weeks will you be on the 11th June?

Can anyone help and advise how many weeks I am pregnant? I had Egg Collection on the 4th May with IVF, as far as I am aware with IVF you do NOT count from your last period. I have my first early scan on the 11th June and want to know how far gone I will be.
FET Jan 2013 BFN
FET Feb 2013 BFN

Sunday, May 30th 2010, 9:07am

Just subtract 2 weeks from date of ec and that's how many weeks pg you are.

United Kingdom

Sunday, May 30th 2010, 10:38am

Hello all just popping in to say hope you're all enjoying the Bank Hol weekend :smile:

Reg: Feb 26th 2009

Children: Hartlepool

Sunday, May 30th 2010, 12:29pm

Hey LisaL

I know what you mean about knickercheck and wanting symptoms I am exactly the same. I keep doing pregnancy tests to check I still pregnant. Mad I know and makes me feel better when line comes quicker and and not on 1st morning wee! Does that make sense.

I had EC on 10th May and ET on 14th May. So when I use the online calcualator that is on here. Not sure where but you put in EC date and tells you how pregnant you are. Can google it- IVF calculation date pregnancy and will come up. It says at the moment (today) I am 4 weeks 6 days pregnant. So by 11th June 6 weeks 4 days.
I have always been told that can see stuff on a scan from 6 weeks (4 weeks since conception!) Does that ring true with you? Where in the country are you?
Sounds like you are a week ahead so will be 7 weeks 4 days on 11th June and 5weeks 6 days today.
You prob be more likely to see something and will be bigger. might be a bit touch and go for me but here's hoping.

I am off work for one more week and back on June 8th Boo hoo. So worried that when I go back something will go wrong. I am going to try and let all the politics and pap that work brings flow over me- do my bit and leave. i am not doing any extra or worrying about stuff. I hope I can stick to this. I will tell my boss on the day i go back I am pg so she can sort stuff out and not expect me to lift or move stuff.

Hey miss Purple - loving the BH we are having a GRILL as the weather no good for a BBQ i am going to make a lemon cake in a mo for pudding. yum yum.
Hope everyone else enjoying BH.

Love K
DRAMA QUEEN
1 m/c
2 ectopics both tubes removed
1st cycle IVF, 2 blasto 9.3.09
:BFP: but ended in m/c :sadface:
me 34 DP 41
IVF May 2010 and got :BFP:
2 babies all healthy so far and both boys! :D
SPD for me :bawl: Next scan 7th Jan xfingers for a decision to encourage babies to arrive!

Sunday, May 30th 2010, 10:01pm

Thanks for the info ladie's - I thought I was around the 5 and half mark. It's so confusing with IVF that even my GP didn't want to date me and give me a due date and he wanted the clinic do that on my early scan. I think I also found that IVF due date calculater Drama-Queen, which was helpful. I had Blastocyst transfer too so that must mean you could be futher along too-maybe? Probably best to wait and see what clinic say on the 11th June.

I am based in Sussex Drama-Queen and my Clinic is Central London.

I think I read Drama-Queen that you can see something at 6 weeks, my clinic have just said to be safer and so I don't get dissapointed to wait a week later. Both our clinic's must know what there doing though. Can't wait .....bring on June 11th!!!
FET Jan 2013 BFN
FET Feb 2013 BFN

mollie61

Monday, May 31st 2010, 1:02pm

Hey ladies!

Hope everyone is doing well, havent been on here for a while just been trying to get my head round everything cos i am
quite frankly tearing my hair out waiting for this scan im over over analzing practically every niggle!! I feel im going insane
worrying that everything wont be alrite!! but ive come to the decision what will be will be.

Dramaqueen well done you!! its so nice to see people from May Madams.

Lisal how ru doing hun?? i was tring to work out my dates last week aswell its quite complicated even messed with my docs
head.

Have a fab week everybody

xxxxxxxx
bab21
Due 17/01/2010

Reg: Mar 27th 2009

Children: Two the way!

Wednesday, June 2nd 2010, 6:41pm

Hi Ladies I hope you are all well?
I was worried that I didn't have any symptoms as my (.)(.) stopped hurting and apart from being tired I feel fine, so today I did my 5th test and the test line came up draker than the control line. I then spent all afternoon feeling queezy, so although it's not a great feeling I'm over the moon, how mad does that make me :8o:
My DH's aunt is a midwife at our local hospital and has managed to get me an early scan next Monday which I'm over the moon about, I thought because I caught on naturally I'd have to wait till 12 weeks. But because of my past the consultant agreed to see me and will continue seeing me throughout.
Hope you all have a lovely evening xxx
[zx076] [zx076] seen at 6w5d scan
IT'S TWINS!!!!!
TTC 5 years
Ist IVF APR 2009 - BFN
2nd IVF with ICSI SEP 2009 - BFN
3rd IVF with ICSI Dec 2010 - :BFP:
2008 - 6 x cycles of clomid all BFN

Australia

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: Boy/Girl Twins - Feel blessed everday...

Wednesday, June 2nd 2010, 7:05pm

Hi girls! Can I please join you too? There are some familiar names around.... :hello:

Got my first lot of betas back yesterday at 855. 16DPO. How many blood tests did you guys have? Thought I was happy with the one, but its 4am and up worrying! :duh: Did you guys get 2 done just to see if everything was progressing nicely?

And I thought the 2WW was bad!!!! :xxx3:
Rachel blowkiss

#1 ICSI Sept 09 - Chem preg
#2 ICSI Nov 09 - Chem preg
#3 ICSI May 10 - BFP: Twins!!! :girl: :boy:

Wednesday, June 2nd 2010, 9:44pm

Hi Ellabella - Don't worry the same has happened to me, my boobs have stopped hurting as much but I do feel sicky every now and then.

Rach - I didn't have any blood tests at all. My clinic doesn't do them to confirm pregnancy. I have been doing regular HPT's instead and I have watched the line get darker and seen the digital conception indicater increase. All sounds positive your end though. Congratulations !!!
FET Jan 2013 BFN
FET Feb 2013 BFN

Thursday, June 3rd 2010, 8:55am

Hi everyone - both old and new.

It is great to see so many positive posts on here - it sounds like everyone is going well. And remember - symptoms can come and go, so don't worry too much about it.

As for me I have my 12w scan next Tuesday and today I am 12w + 1 - not long before I move threads. I am getting really excited that soon I will be able to tell the world!

f123

Reg: Feb 4th 2009

Children: Jessops

Thursday, June 3rd 2010, 9:29am

Hi everyone :)

Can I pick your brains please? Had an emergency scan last week at 5 weeks 4 days and the baby measured 0.40cm, saw a little heartbeat and the nurse said everything looked fine. Had a scan yesterday at 6 weeks 4 days and its only grown to 0.45 cm :( The nurse wasnt worried but now im stressing out that it should have grown a lot more in a week. Does anyone have any experience of this? Thanks

xxxx

United Kingdom

Thursday, June 3rd 2010, 10:46am

Mmmm lemon cake Drama Queen - didn't you save me any? :sadface:

Hello Rach202 and Congrats!!! :party: - i never had bloods done either i'm afraid.

Natural Horse :hi: we have our scan on the same day :weehee: .

F123 i've no experience of such early scans myself - but i'd believe what the nurse says hun - it's important to remember that each pregnancy develops at a different rate - " Your baby is growing! During pregnancy week 6, your physician will measure your baby with ultrasound, in increments referred to as "crown-rump length" which is basically the distance from the top of your baby's head to his buttocks. At 6 weeks, your baby may be anywhere from 2 to 5mm or roughly the size of half a baby pea. Not very big, but bigger than last week" - I got that snippet from this link. (link NOT endorsed by FZ) Hope that helps x

:xxx:

f123

Reg: Feb 4th 2009

Children: Jessops

Thursday, June 3rd 2010, 11:16am

Thanks Miss Purple :)

Im such a stresshead!! I really want to enjoy this but Im worrying about everything :( My DH thinks Im a basket case!! I guess I need to try to chill out a bit :)

Not long till your 12 week scan, its such a major milestone, well done!! :)

xxx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE