You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Oct 25th 2009

Children: None yet!!

Wednesday, December 16th 2009, 11:21am

Morning all.

Just thought I would say hello to you all as things seem to have gone abit quieter since the site changed. I love to look at my ticker and see how far its changed - doesnt seem that long since the 2ww yet in 2 weeks alot of us will have moved into the next trimester!!

I have had some pains the last few days and thought it might be a water infection, took a sample in yesterday just to make sure but all seems clear.

Still not having any symtoms (I know I should not complain) on Monday I went out for the day and actually forgot that I was pregnant! Since stopping the cyclogest I am not as bloated and I have measured my waist each day since day 1, I started on 81cm went down to 77cm and all these weeks on I am 82cm!!

Got all my christmas presents sorted out, got a great card with "From the bump" to give to my granny as she is soooo excited for a great grandchild!!

Jess - I am sat here in my pj's at 11.15 and I dont feel bad so you defo deserve to stay in bed and just relax, all the books seem to say that ms should start to ease off around this time - I really hope it does for you xxx

Bry - love your pictures I have my nt scan on Monday so will try to do the same and put them on here

Kaborex - the NHS have been rubbish for me too, they even put the wrong fathers surname on my hospital paperwork then when I mentioned it they checked to see what I had put as they said they copied my paperwork!!

Everyone else - hello!!

Take care

Emma xxx
:BFP: 1/11/09

23/11/09 [zx076] and a little wiggle!!!

07/12/09 [zx076] and a little wave!!!

21/12/09 [zx076] and another wave!!

Jasper

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Wednesday, December 16th 2009, 6:26pm

Hi Everyone,

Only just joined this thread as I still can't beleive that I am actually pregnant! I've got a scan tomorrow so maybe it will seem more real after that! I'm quite nervous but also very excited.

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Wednesday, December 16th 2009, 7:03pm

Hello Jasper and welcome!!

Congratulations!!! Good luck for your scan tomorrow xx

Reg: Dec 30th 2008

Wednesday, December 16th 2009, 9:13pm

Congrats Jasper and welcome :)

jess - hope you are feeling better today

Reg: Sep 3rd 2009

Wednesday, December 16th 2009, 9:28pm

Hi all,

Just wondering. Has any of you stopped feeling any of the symptoms come your 10th week? I am secretly getting really worried as I normally come home from a days work amd ask DW, "how has peanut been today?" She would normally say that she has felt this twinge, that or the other. Lately , since the 10th week on Monday, these sypmtoms seems to have disappeared!

I am slowly but surely getting a little bit worried about it and just wondering whether any of you felt a lack of stretching (or whatever symptoms) at around 10 weeks?

Please reply quickly cause I am worried about this.

Jess hope you are ok and everybody else as well.

Regards

Kaborex.

Bunty

unregistered

• "Bunty" is no longer a member of FZ

Wednesday, December 16th 2009, 9:40pm

Hi Kaborex,

All this worry is horrid isnt it? I have my Nuchal tomorrow morning at 13 weeks and am practically :puke: with fear.

I promise you, I had a few days when I had no symptoms at all and I was terrified and convinced myself Id had a missed miscarriage! Honestly... see my diary! And then they would come back out of the blue with a vengeance! In any case, some women's symptoms do ease at this stage as the placenta becomes more efficient. If you wanted reassurance you could call a midwife from EPAU and Im sure they would chat to you. I went in at 10 weeks for a 2 hour chat I was so scared! And then, I had my 12 weeks scan and all was just fine... but I drove myself mad.

And even though I feel better, Im now scared all over again for tomorrow! It never ends! :D

Welcome Jasper.. and big :cuddle to all the usual crew. If all is well with me tomorrow xfingers i will be leaving you for the second tri chat thread.... and will look forward to you all joining soon too!

blowkiss

Wednesday, December 16th 2009, 9:47pm

Hi Bunty,

Thanks for the reassuring words. This is the biggest waiting game ever. I cannot believe what we all have to go through. The worries, the waiting, the not knowing...... Surely it cannot be like that if someone was to fall pregnant naturally?

I cannot wait for the 12 week scan. But that is not until the 31st of december. OMG what a new years present will it be to see our embie at that stage..

Anyway all the best for the scan tomorrow. We will be praying for you and for everybody else on this forum.

Regards

kaborex

Bunty

unregistered

Wednesday, December 16th 2009, 9:51pm

I know... you dont realise that the worry only just begins when you get pregnant!

And Im told it doesnt stop even when you are holding them... there is always something so fret about. Where there is love for the life of another, there is worry! But we are all blessed. babydust and :sticky: to us all!!!

blowkiss

Bunty

unregistered

Wednesday, December 16th 2009, 9:56pm

PS Kaborex... I fell pregnant naturally with all 9 of my pregnancies and never had IVF!! But I lose them as you can see from my signature... and it's been so far unexplained.. although it seems most likely a combination of the odd dodgy egg, and immune issues.

I think if you have had it easier with no losses and TTC naturally, you will still worry to a certain extent.... but you dont know anything different other than positive experiences - so you tend not to sweat it.Ignorance is bliss. With any kind of subfertile issue, you have been through so much hell to get where you are - youre a wreck by the time you come to a scan!! :snigger:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Bunty" (Dec 16th 2009, 9:56pm)

Wednesday, December 16th 2009, 10:08pm

Very true. I suppose if anything, you probably worry more than all of us since no one can explain why you have the miscarriages. I really do hope this works out for you.

We have been very lucky/blessed so far. We had eight fertilised eggs through IVF and when we went for embryo transfer we were told that the hospital would only put one embryo back. Although I knew this was the policy, I did ask them to put two back, just so that our chances were increased. However the answer was no. We were told that the embryo they had chosen was the best and the strongest one.

Luckily for us, through the very first attempt it worked. I guess, up to this stage could not ask for more cause there are a lot of people here who have not been so lucky.

I count our lucky stars every day and thank god for the blessings bestowed upon us. We will keep you in our prayers.

Regards

Kaborex

landi

Superstar

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 5th 2008

Children: One gorgeous son born on 28th May 2010

Thursday, December 17th 2009, 9:08am

Well it''s been very busy on here.

Welcome Jasper! Hi to all the other Mummies & Daddies. :hello:

Just wanted to say good luck to Jess & Jasper and anyone alse who has an appt or scan today .

XX

LAURA
28.05.10 My miracle son Harry was born 5 weeks early, by c-section lurve

Bry

Star

Reg: Mar 25th 2009

Children: Twins born in may 2010!

Thursday, December 17th 2009, 10:04am

Hello everyone! :D

Good luck Jess and Jasper with scans today... I will also be off to the 2nd tri chat but not till tomorrow. Can't believe I'm nearly into my 2nd tri already! :happy:

bigkiss to you all

My Diary - Bry and the Flumps!

1st IVF March 09 :BFP: mm/c at 9 weeks :bawl:
2nd IVF Oct 09 :BFP: [zx076] [zx076]

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Thursday, December 17th 2009, 10:13am

Thanks for the good luck wishes everyone. I was wide awake at 5am this morning, can't beleive the day is finally here. I have been using my advent calendar to count down to today!!! I'll start thinking about Christmas tomorrow!!

Have a good day everyone.

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

JVA

Ace

Reg: Jun 14th 2009

Children: Gorgeous little boy Henry

Thursday, December 17th 2009, 11:37am

:hello: Hi All

Thanks for all the well wishes - much appreciated.

Jasper - Welcome, it is always lovely to have a new person joining us and good luck for today, I hope the scan goes well :D

Kaborex - Hi, Wow you certainly were blessed with the fertilised embies you got and the positive result first time, so lovely. We had 10 eggs, 5 mature enough to work with and 2 fertilised. They put both back as they were varying quality so we have no idea which one took but we were fortunate that it happened for us first cycle of going all the way (my previous cycle was cancelled 2 days before collection due to OHSS). My DH keeps saying how nice it would be to know which one took, as we have a pic of the two showing the cells! Re. symptoms, these seem to come and go with everyone, I would advise DW to make the most of it when she does not feel any!!

Well what a night/morning - I had about 2 hours sleep last night worrying about today and so uncomfortable with my tummy in the night. Had to go to the loo 3 times! Also had a really awful experience as I sneezed in the middle of the night whilst lying on my side and the pain was horrific, felt like I tore all my muscles in my groin!! I screamed so loud I shocked DH who sat bolt upright wondering what the hell was going on! :snigger:

Was so nervous at the hospital this morning, my heart was racing but I am pleased to say all was fine! The scan was amazing, our little baby was doing great, really grown from the last scan, legs and arms moving around alot, heart beating away. They said everything looked great and confirmed my dates as spot on and the baby was just the right size - :D Then we had to sit back in the waiting room until the doc called us in. She was about 20yrs old and had a student doc with her who looked about 13yrs old!! DH felt well old bless him. The doc said that all was ok and the pains were prob just everything growing and stretching, also said that the progesterone supplements may be making things worse but hopefully now these have stopped and me being 12wks things should settle down. Oh yeah at the start - the sonographer said 'I see you have your NT scan booked for 31st Dec' I said 'yes but we are now going to go private as I do not want to wait til nearly 14wks', she pulled a face! Then at the end of the scan and when she looked at the charts for dating, she said 'Yes, you should really have your scan next week but the hospital is busy cos of Christmas'!!

I am off work again today, gona go back to bed now and try and catch up on my sleep. Will get DH to download the scan pic later and send to you. happydance
Jessica

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Thursday, December 17th 2009, 7:00pm

Hi ladies

It is with great sadness that I post with a link to Bunty's news, having split your messages of support from here and put them in the appropriate section.

It's such an awful time and please understand that it is very difficult for the team to move posts over, but we know that Bunty understands the reasons. Please do support your friend on her thread, goodness knows she needs it right now

Bunty's sad news

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

Thursday, December 17th 2009, 8:10pm

Hi All,

Hope everyone is ok. Reading the above post was very difficult.

However, the struggle goes on for all of us and I am sure we will all be thinking of Bunty.

Jess congrats on your scan. Going to put up the christmas tree tonight. Feels very christmassy with the snow that just started to fall outside. I am finding this wait for the 12 week scan worst than the 2 week wait. It is driving me mad.

Oh well. Nothing I can do but wait.

Regards to all

Kaborex

Thursday, December 17th 2009, 8:28pm

It is tough going alright - some seem to have it so easy, yet others are tried and tested.

Kaborex ... remember you told me it was a long wait from my scan last week (6w 5d) to the 12 week scan?
You were right - here I am 9 days later and thinking of booking another before Christmas!!
Our next one isn't until Jan 5th - when blib will be 10 weeks 5 days .
To scan or not to scan ... that is the question :)

I kind of feel I am wasting money and should just wait until January.

How is everyone else doing today - any mad snowball fights going on?

Wish Dust
Apr '09 - Lap & Dye (I blocked tube - adhesions removed from other)
July '09 :BFP:
Sep '09 - 9w 3d - MMC
Oct '09 :BFP:
Bubba is a little girl!

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Thursday, December 17th 2009, 8:36pm

Hi all,

What an emotional day, cried tears of joy when I saw that little heartbeat on the screen! It's actually starting to feel real now. Had a few down moments too because I couldn't help feeling that some family members were disappointed that it's not twins. I quickly reminded them that we are both over the moon with what we have acheived and are in no way disappointed. I have to just keep telling myself that they just don't understand the whole process. Anyway I shouldn't moan....... We've got another scan 3 weeks today, counting the hours already!!!!

( There is snow where I live ;( )

My thoughts are with Bunty.xxx

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Thursday, December 17th 2009, 8:47pm

That's great news Jasper, congratulations.
Don't be upset by what others wish or want - the main thing is that you guys are happy.
You are well on the way now and roll on the next 3 weeks when you can see your little one again.
When we had our scan last week the nurse said that there is a massive growth spurt between 7 weeks and 10 weeks.
So hopefully there will be someone waving back at the next scan for both of us :)
Sep '09 - 9w 3d - MMC
Bubba is a little girl!

Thursday, December 17th 2009, 9:32pm

Hi Jasper
Wishdust is right. Do not worry about anybody else. This is your time. It does not matter what they think. You know the struggle you have been through to get this far and that is all that matters.

I was disappointed they only implanted 1 embryo out of 8, however, we have been blessed that this one embryo is a fighter and hopefully still growing strong.

I wish you all the luck in the world that your embie will be a fighter too. All you have to do now is look forward to your next scan.

Wishdust, I am praying for a wave of the arms/hands at the next scan. Ours is on the 31st of december. That is my only wish for the new year.

Kaborex

Friday, December 18th 2009, 7:24am

My symptoms are gone again - completely. Going to see if I can get a scan today because this doesn't feel right.
Sep '09 - 9w 3d - MMC
Bubba is a little girl!

Bry

Star

Friday, December 18th 2009, 11:50am

Hi wishdust

i hope you have managed to get a scan and that everything turns out ok. I have had days when my symptoms have gone and then they came back with a vengeance so i am hoping this is the case for you. :hugs:

My Diary - Bry and the Flumps!

1st IVF March 09 :BFP: mm/c at 9 weeks :bawl:
2nd IVF Oct 09 :BFP: [zx076] [zx076]

Friday, December 18th 2009, 12:35pm

Hi Bry - I managed to get a private scan for this evening. They are squeezing me in between two early scans .. just to get a peak if LO is okay. I may just be paraniod like I was last week.

Actually, I may have come up with a new business idea! A gadget that plugs into your Wii - specially for the paranoid & preggers out there. Comes with a free can of jelly and plugs right into the telly! I'd buy one .. that's for sure. [zx161]

Wish Dust.
Sep '09 - 9w 3d - MMC
Bubba is a little girl!

JVA

Ace

Friday, December 18th 2009, 1:50pm

:hi: Hi All

Jasper - Congrats on the scan, it is so special seeing your lovely little baby for the first time and I must say it is just as special each scan thereafter :D The others are right, do not take any notice of what anybody thinks or says, this is between you and your DH and really nobody understands what you have been through at all except you (and others on here that are sharing the same experience in one way or another!). You concentrate on your little family as that is what is important and the fact that you have been blessed with a pregnancy no matter how many little babies there are.

Wishdust - Glad you got a scan booked, that was lucky they can fit you in at such short notice. Are you having private scans done each time? If so, how much do they cost if you do not mind me asking, and are they happy to just scan you when you want, not just for specific scan reasons such as NT etc? I hope all goes well anyway, let us know.

I can honestly say that there is such a massive difference between wk 8 and later scans. As you know I had one yesterday and our little baby had grown so much, it was truly amazing. I spoke to my mw yesterday to tell her what had happened over the last week and also that the NHS had messed up my 12wk scan date and she said that a few of her ladies have had problems with the NHS and are going private - great eh! You think they (the mw) would actually complain and try and do something about it! It seems to be simply accepted, which is not good enough really. X(

Kaborex - I totally agree the 12wk wait is so difficult, I remember thinking how it took forever to get to my 8wk scan and then 12wks seems a mile off but it soon comes around and then we will all be in 2nd tri waiting for our 20wk - it never ends.....So lovely to share our experiences on here together though. :D

The snow has fallen really heavy down here in the South, our road has about 6inches and there is no way we can get our cars off the drive or even contemplate driving on our road as it is too steep. So I am off work again today, although I have been logging on to my mails from home. It is so very beautiful outside, I really wish I could go and run around and have a snow ball fight with DH but am too scared of falling over, just my luck I would and it is the last thing I need right now! DH has gone out for a walk with friends so I thought I would drop you all a quick message.

I am pleased to finally have stopped using my progesterone pessaries so really hope my symptoms calm down a little now, especially the bloatedness and nausea at night.

I hope you are all admiring the snow and have a great day. xmas43
Jessica

Blue Sky

Reg: Aug 7th 2009

Children: 1 beautiful little boy, JP, now safe in heaven & 1 beautiful baby girl who came home with us!

Friday, December 18th 2009, 2:56pm

Hi Everyone

Hope you're all Ok & keeping warm in this cold weather! No snow here just bitterly cold.

Wishdust - hope your scan goes well. Like Bryony, my symptoms have come & gone over the past few weeks so hopefully, you're just having some respite from your symptoms.

Jess - so glad that all is well & that you've finished the pessaries! I am now on my last box & hope to finish them on Monday after my scan. I am still so scared about Monday & what it will bring. I don't really have much of a bump (although it's much bigger in the evenings!) but then I was like that with my DS right into the third trimester so I'm hoping it's just me. Still dealing with the morning sickness although the tiredness has improved unless I overdo it. Actually managed my first supermarket shop in ages today - feeling very pleased with myself but exhausted now. I normally race round but this time I was up there with all the grannies ambling along!

Definitely agree with everyone else - the first trimester has been the hardest of all of the IVF process. It's been a long 3 months!

Anyway guys, need to go & put my feet up!

Hope everyone else is ok - so sorry to read about Bunty.
Blue Sky
IVF #1 - :BFP: 29th Oct '09
Baby girl arrived safely on 24th June '10
Another beautiful baby girl arrived safely on 16th May '12 : D

Friday, December 18th 2009, 3:18pm

HI All ...

Jess - I contacted the EPU in the public hospital but they are booked out. I rang the private clinic I went to last week and they kindly said that they would squeeze me in between two early scans. They are booked until Christmas but were very nice to help out.

Have been feeling a little off today - so maybe I am okay ... who knows! I'll soooon find out!

WD :whistling:
Sep '09 - 9w 3d - MMC
Bubba is a little girl!

Friday, December 18th 2009, 9:44pm

Okay .. I am officially going to stop complaining about lack of symptoms from this day forward ... promise.At the scan blib measured in exactly at 8w 1d and looked far bigger than last week!
Sep '09 - 9w 3d - MMC
Bubba is a little girl!

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Friday, December 18th 2009, 9:49pm

That's good news. As people keep telling me, try to stop worrying and just enjoy it. Easier said than done though!!!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Bry

Star

Friday, December 18th 2009, 10:25pm

Hi all

Am off to 2nd tri chat now so I'll see you all soon! :D wishdust great news on the scan hon. :happy:

bigkiss

Reg: Sep 13th 2009

Children: Barts london

Friday, December 18th 2009, 11:12pm

Hello Everyone!!!I thought i'd lost everyone!!!

How has everyone been???? Lots of scans seem to be happening! I hope everyone is all well, I am feeling really bloated- 9 weeks tomorrow according to my calculations but i have no idea if im rght or wrong! My dating scan is the 8th jan, even though its not that long away im well worried, Don't know why i think its normal, I have been feeling very sick and have had a few cravings! xxx Today i begged my husband to get a vegetable curry for me!!!LOL being a indian i should have made it at home!! but i really couldnt be bothered!!!LOL

I have defo noticed the tiredness, I have to go into work nearly everyday late as i can't seem to wake up in the mornings!!! I hope the little baba is ok
xxxxxxxxxx lots of hugs and babydust going out!
Good Luck everyone

JVA

Ace

Saturday, December 19th 2009, 9:10am

:hello: Hi

Blue Sky - Good luck for your scan on Monday. Lucky you not having much of a bump til 3rd tri with your last pregnancy - wow.

Wishdust - Congrats on the scan, now you can relax a little. I won't say not worry because you still will!

Sheen Bri - Symptoms all sound positive! I have fancied a curry last weekend and again this weekend despite having gone right off them for about a year or so! Funny eh.

Bry - We all hope to see you in 2nd tri very soon. blowkiss

Hope everybody has a good weekend.
Jessica

Saturday, December 19th 2009, 10:20am

Morning all.

Today I am feeling great!! That is the good news.
There is therefore no excuse not to use the exercise bike and cross traininer downstairs! That is the bad news happydance

So looking forward to Christmas and putting the feet up with HB. Only 3 more days in work and then am off until January 4th. We have our reassurance scan with the EPU on Jan 5th, but sure haven't I had enough scans lately.

Jess - Good for you with the super market shop. You must be all ready for the crimbo now. Exciting to have the scan on Monday.

All this talk about veggy curry has got me craving one too .... but somehow I think breakie is not the time for one of them.

Hope everyone is okay and enjoying the run up to Christmas. Hugs to all xmas30

Wish Dust
Sep '09 - 9w 3d - MMC
Bubba is a little girl!

Saturday, December 19th 2009, 11:41am

Boys and girls,

i know a lot of you have complained about lack of symptoms and then everything turns out ok. Eg Wishbust, However, this does not feel right at all.

DW has lost all symptoms for a week now. Ever since embryo transfer she has had all sorts of pains in the tummy. The type described as uterus expanding etc.. However, even the MS has stopped for a week. The thing is, I could understand if it gradually stopped, but this happened literally overnight.

Can any one advise me as to how much a private scan is. I am getting a little desperate now. Having said that I hope they pay DW at the endf of the month as she has been off work now for a month!! Doctors certificate of course..

Regards

Kaborex

Bry

Star

Saturday, December 19th 2009, 12:13pm

Hi kaborex

we had a private scan at 9 weeks and it was £117. Think it varies from place to place but I would say about £100. I'm sure there's nothing wrong but if you can afford it I'd say go for it as it'll reassure you both. :hugs:

Saturday, December 19th 2009, 7:16pm

Hi there everyone

Just a quicky to say Kaborex all my symptoms went practically overnight, I was convinced that it was all over. I still dont have many symptoms at all only the tiredness apart from that I forget that I am pregnant sometimes so please try not to worry as I am sure everything is ok. I do agree though that a scan is a really good reassurance for you if you can afford at this time of year.

Well I gave into temptation and against the wishes of my boyfriend rented a doppler for a month - ordered on Friday arrived today at work, I have never been so giddy to get home, climbed into bed to get warm and comfy read the instructions and bingo could hear spooky practically straight away!! Its great!!

Jess - how is the ms going? Easing off at all?

Take care everyone in this cold and keep them bumps toasty warm!

Emma xx

Sunday, December 20th 2009, 10:03am

Hey Everyone,

How is everyone?

I am feeling the same, On and off symptoms, Sometimes i can't feel being pregnant, Mood swings have kinda kicked in, Sickness is still there but at least i'm not throwing up and just feeling it. I often think about going to the private clinic and getting a scan done But its sooo damn expensive!

I am still massively bloated and DH keeps saying can't believe how big you are- Im only gonna get bigger Sweetheart!!!!!!!LOL

How is everyone? Jess, Emma,kaborex,bry,laura,wishdust! Everyone doing ok?? hubby got me the book pregnancy book the day by day, Recommend it to EVERYONE!

I hope everyones day etc will be great!
Lots of babydust people!! xxxxxx
Good Luck everyone

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Sunday, December 20th 2009, 2:01pm

Hi everyone,

How are you all today?
My symptons really seem to be easing off and I only feel sick early in the morning or if I wake up at night, apart from yesteray that is! We went in to London for the day to meet up with family. All was OK until we were heading back to Paddington station on the tube and I started to feel very sick. I had to take some presents out of a gift bag and have it at the ready as a sick bag!!!! Luckily it passed without actually being sick, I don't know if I was more worried about the embarassment of being sick in public, or that fact I had been to one of Gordon Ramsays restaurants for lunch and it would be a huge waste of yummy food!!!!

xxx

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Sunday, December 20th 2009, 2:05pm

Kaborex, if you are worried then a private scan is worth its weight in gold.
My symptoms disappeared suddenly on Friday morning and I was pretty anxious about it because of the previous MC. I managed to wangle a scan for that evening where it showed everything is fine. Believe it or not the symptoms are back now .. well, not the same as before .. This is the third day where I have only had nausea and sore (.)(.) in the evening. I woke up lastnight with nausea. I also find that I have a lot of indigestion during the day - and not much of an appetitie. This wasn't the case before.

Try to get yourselves a scan ...

I spoke to the consultant who scanned me on Friday and she told us that
this is VERY common - symptoms can disapearr and it does not mean the
worst. She had a woman in for a scan who thought that she was early
pregnancy and it turned out she was 18 weeks! She had no symptoms at
all!
She also told me that symptoms can clear up pretty quick once
you reach 11 - 13 weeks and to expect this to happen again around that
time.

Wish Dust
Sep '09 - 9w 3d - MMC
Bubba is a little girl!

JVA

Ace

Sunday, December 20th 2009, 3:06pm

Hi All,

Symptoms, symptoms, symptoms eh! Well, I woke up this morning and did not feel pregnant at all, my bump seemed to have shrunk and I almost looked normal size?? However, within a hour of being up and about my nausea started again. Must say yesterday morning I felt a little better too but it came back again. My (.)(.) seem to have shrunk back down too and are no longer tender but like everybody keeps saying it seems to be normal for symptoms to come and go. My ms has slightly improved but I am afraid to say it is better, as I thought that last weekend then was really crap on Monday! We just had a lovely roast dinner for lunch so our little baby is getting well fed.

Indigestion - The worst thing I am finding now is that I have the feeling of indigestion each day, normally after lunchtime, it is just like when you swallow a tablet and it does not go down properly, only it stays like it for the whole avo and evening and 100 times worse at bedtime, which makes the ms worse. I have been taking Gaviscon but it only works sometimes, really frustrating. I have read that it is to do with your oesophagus and the valve relaxing during pregnancy - yes, another great symptom!!! Sounds like you may have the same Wishdust.

I hope the ms stops soon that is for sure... :snigger:

Kaborex - I would def recommend a scan if you can get one done soon, as it really gives you some reassurance, although from what we are all experiencing, the lack of symptoms seems normal.

Jasper - At least you kept your lunch down, well done. I carry a large plastic freezer bag with me everywhere I go.

Emma - Doppler sounds great but I would scare myself if I did not hear anything so I am resisting the temptation to get one but I hope you enjoy listening :D

Hi to everyone else, Sheen Bri, Laura etc... blowkiss
Jessica

Sunday, December 20th 2009, 7:22pm

Hi everyone,
You will all be glad to know that after posting about no symptoms on Saturday morning, DW started having MS strainght away. Actually it felt that it had come back with a vengence. Everything she ate that day came straight back out.

I have to say that the symptoms have eased off again today. I think I will hold on the the £100 - £120 for now.
I guess the advice to everyone is not to worry too much about symptoms (easier said than done, I know).

On one of my gigs on Saturday an old man gave this advice. He said "enjoy life while you can because nobody has ever come back from the other side to tell any of us that it is better there"

Wise words. I guess we should all enjoy being pregnant until proven otherwise and not to read too much into the symptoms.

Regards
Kaborex

Sunday, December 20th 2009, 7:23pm

My ticker does not seem to work properly since the website was changed. Anyone has a solution. I have tried making a new one and it is worse.

JVA

Ace

Sunday, December 20th 2009, 7:35pm

Hi,

Just a really quick message as I am really worried. I have been using DH's moisturising cream this week on my tummy - vaseline intensive care with Vitamins A, B & E. I have just read that you should not use skin products that contain Vitamin A as these can cause deformaties to the foetus so as you can imagine I am worrying. I have used it for the last week. Surely, it would not contain enough Vitamin A to harm my baby or would it?

I also read that face creams contain high levels of Vitamin A and Retinoid which should be avoided?

Any ideas?
Jessica

Sunday, December 20th 2009, 8:04pm

Hi Jess,

I do not think it would have enough to cause harm to the baby. You have not been using for that long anyway.

You see, I grew up in a place where pregnant ladies ate whatever they wanted, did all sorts, but these days there are a lot of restrictions. Although, we should all adhere to them, I think a lot of it goes way over the top and actually some of the restrictions are quite scary.

I think your baby will be fine. I will have to check the creams that DW is using as well now that you have mentioned it.

Regards

Kaborex

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Sunday, December 20th 2009, 8:19pm

Just taking a break from what seems like an endless task of wrapping Christmas presents!!! :xmas4:

Very wise words from the old man. A friend of mine told me the other day that she didn't enjoy either of her pregnancies as she spent the whole time worrying. Funny really that we have all waited so long to be pregnant and now that we are maybe we are not enjoying it as much as we should! I am going to try very hard to enjoy it and not waste energy worrying, that energy will be needed when the little one comes along!!!! baby2

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

JVA

Ace

Sunday, December 20th 2009, 8:30pm

Thanks Kaborex. I just looked in my pregnancy book and it says we need to ensure our diets include Vitamin A and it lists a load of fruit and veg that contains this, so it cannot be that harm full, unless taken in really high doses. I am not going to worry about it now but will not use that particular moisturiser from now on just the Ponds one or Bio Oil for my belly.

My friend just told me that she took normal multivitamins with her last pregnancy and they contained Vitamin A, which pregnacare vitamins do not.

I just need to simply stop worrying and start enjoying my pregnancy, like what Jasper said.

Glad your DW had some symptoms back, although not so good that she could not keep anything down! I am feeling very sick this eve so am going to sign off now.

Have a good day tomorrow and thanks again for your supportive reply. :thanx:
Jessica

Sunday, December 20th 2009, 10:00pm

Hello

Just thought I would drop in to say hi

I have my nuchal fold tests tomorrow in the centre of Leeds - already panicking about getting there in this weather!

Got up today at 11.25 and are ready for bed already!

Take care everyone

Emma xx

Sunday, December 20th 2009, 11:40pm

Hello Mummies and Daddies!

How are we all?

I have been very on and off al day, Its worry! but after reading so many of you going through the same i guess i am going to start enjoying rather than worrying! can't be doing any good for the little bambino anyways! Even though i have had no sickness i still feel very sick but with time i hope that goes! Emma i hope tomorrow goes for you sweetheart, and be careful the weather is bad up north so i hear!

Jess don't worry about cream! bio oil is the best i'll be getting some of that myself tomorrow! Kaborex- I agree with that man, Enjoy life, wishdust, jasper how are you getting on hope you are well!

Ladies quick question Does anyone experience a lot of wetness (sorry for the TMI) I am quite worried but at the same time apparently its all normal, I am also on Crinone GEL and have it every night, i have to have this till 12 weeks its not a nice GEL, so those of you not on it consider yourself lucky!!!!

Sorry for the TMI - I am just worried being first pregnancy any little pain, headache, i am worried!

Babydust xxxxxxxxxxx
Good Luck everyone

landi

Superstar

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 5th 2008

Children: One gorgeous son born on 28th May 2010

Monday, December 21st 2009, 10:39am

Hi all,

Sorry not been on much this week. Not so good at the moment - having problems with some so called friends. See my diary in the pg section for more details.

Just wanted to pop on and wish those with appts and scan good luck for today - Emma & Jess.

Kaborex glad to hear that DW has some symptoms back. Re: your ticker - there is a section in site news where you can ask Eeyore to help you sort it out.

Jess/sheen Bri I'm gonna try and get some Bio oil tomorrow - where can you get it from? Does it need to be town or would somewhere like Tesco do it?

It seems that many of us are worrying at the moment for various different reasons. I am sending out lots of PMA and love to all of you.

I have forgotten to take my folic acid pregnacare tablet for the last 3 days. Starting to panic. (I'm 12w=3d)

Hi to everyone else - WD, Jasper and anyone who I've forgotten.

Hope you all ahve a good day.

xx

LAURA
28.05.10 My miracle son Harry was born 5 weeks early, by c-section lurve

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

• "Bells" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Monday, December 21st 2009, 11:17am

My ticker does not seem to work properly since the website was changed. Anyone has a solution. I have tried making a new one and it is worse.
Fixed :smile:

Blue Sky

Reg: Aug 7th 2009

Children: 1 beautiful little boy, JP, now safe in heaven & 1 beautiful baby girl who came home with us!

Monday, December 21st 2009, 12:51pm

Hi Everyone

Just a quick post to say that all was good at the 12 week scan today! Best Christmas gift that we could have asked for & we are so thankful. Managed to bawl my eyes out as soon as the sonographer said that all was good! LO was bouncing around & flipping over - really made us both laugh! Also saw the Consultant as I am high risk although that was abit of a waste of time as he just kept flicking through my file - thankfully, he was just standing in for my own Consultant who was on leave. Going back at 16 weeks to see him & discuss the ante-natal care. Chose not to have the NT scan simply because it wouldn't change our views on the pregnancy & we have enough things to concern us with over the next 6 months - just a personal choice.

Looking forward to hopefully feeling "normal" again in the not-too-distant future & finishing cyclogest.

Anyway, hope all is well with everyone with scans, appointments & ms etc! If I don't post again before Christmas, hope you all have a lovely time & manage to enjoy the Christmas meal!

Lots of love
Blue Sky
IVF #1 - :BFP: 29th Oct '09
Baby girl arrived safely on 24th June '10
Another beautiful baby girl arrived safely on 16th May '12 : D

2 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

2 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE