You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

JVA

Ace

Reg: Jun 14th 2009

Children: Gorgeous little boy Henry

Tuesday, December 8th 2009, 6:20pm

Hi All,

A really quick post as I am feeling real sick at the mo and it is worse if I am on the pc!

The docs have prescribed me Promethazine Hydrochloride tablets to help with my sickness. Has anybody heard of these before or used them? They said they are safe to use. They prescribed them a few wks ago but as I was not actually being sick then just felt sick, I have not taken them but am now thinking of trying them.

Bunty - Hope today went ok.
Jessica

Bunty

unregistered

• "Bunty" is no longer a member of FZ

Tuesday, December 8th 2009, 6:45pm

:hello: and thanks for all of your lovely messages and support wishes!!

Im only just in, and dead on my feet - as they decided they would do my booking unexpectedly and all bloods, PMH, at the same time which took forever.

I was the most worked up I have ever been I think - I literally couldnt speak to DH all morning and just stared glassy eyed full of tears into space. I had no energy to speak, and thought if I opened my mouth I would start crying and never stop.

They were late seeing us... some stinky mental tramp woman (I kid you not) was in before me... and was clearly not 'with it'. Came in eating can of beans from the tin and explained she was hungry and asked if the ante natal reception had any spare bread. :snigger: Then I started crying that the baby had probably not grown since the last time. Poor DH. I was an absolute mess.

Eventually we went in and they refused to scan me trans-vaginally as I was too far gone.. I expected to see nothing as I still can't manually feel my uterus (it IS retroverted though) - but she put the transducer on my belly and immediately
I saw....

- the most active dancing baby you every saw!! Literally spinning, flipping on its back, then on its side, waving, kicking... and then it put its outstretched hand out like a 'Hi!!!' sign and the sonographer paused the screen and my mouth made a perfect 'o' in delight. It didnt stop moving for one second! Pumpkin was dancing so much we couldnt get a great picture... but we're having a private detailed scan on 15th December so we should get a few then. Then, we saw her measuring the Nuchal Fold (which they don't actually do in this hospital ). We asked her what she was doing... and she explained this was a very rough and unofficial measurement... at 1.6 mm, and it was less than the 3mm they use as the cut off point for concern. There is no guarantee of course... as I need my Nuchal bloods doing etc... but this seemed to be a good sign, and she noted and pointed out a nasal bone which is also a great sign..... as many Down's babies are lacking in these. So a good start it seems!! Pumpkin measured 11 weeks 5 days!! 50mm!! Im only 2 days off 12 weeks!!

Im sooo exhausted now It really does take it out of you to be on a knife edge and close to tears for hours and hours and hours on end with no respite....

Im still in shock to be honest - I don't think I'll believe it's our healthy little Pumpkin - here to stay - until we have the NF. But I am a little happier for SURE!

Jess - I havent tried them - I am an steroids which coincidentally are prescribed for ms , even though thats not what Im taking them for! I hope they work for you.

Love to you all blowkiss

Reg: Dec 30th 2008

Tuesday, December 8th 2009, 8:10pm

Ohhhh Bunty - I totally understood your post earlier with regard to only knowing failure ... I think its a way we have of protecting ourselves after losing an angel.
Look at that for a scan pic - it is amazing at 12 weeks!

We also had a shock this evening. Had the scan and all looked fine - there was even a heart beat at 119BPM!! Competely in shock!

Wooooot Wooot .... cannot believe it. Was convinced without the symptoms that something was up. So far so good.
It has been a good day for the First Trimester thread!

Jess, hope you are feeling better.
Apr '09 - Lap & Dye (I blocked tube - adhesions removed from other)
July '09 :BFP:
Sep '09 - 9w 3d - MMC
Oct '09 :BFP:
Bubba is a little girl!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "wishdust" (Dec 8th 2009, 8:11pm)

Reg: Sep 3rd 2009

Tuesday, December 8th 2009, 8:40pm

Bunty, what can I say.........yeeeeeeeeha.

Well done glad it went well

Wishdust, wht an amazing feeling to hear the heartbeat! When we had ours, I felt like crying. Well done. You now have a long wait for the 12 week scan.

Jess sorry to hear you are not feeling well. You seem to be having it really bad. I suppose all of it is a good sign that tings are progressing. Although if you are not getting any signs what so evr please do not worry, cause one thing I have learnt here is the symptoms or lack of vary from person to person. Hang in there Jess.

Everone else stay strong.

Regards

Kaborex

Reg: Sep 13th 2009

Children: Barts london

Tuesday, December 8th 2009, 8:56pm

Hey guys,

Bunty- OMG I am soooooo happy for you!!!!!!!!!! well done babe, And the baby looks amazing!!!! I had tears in my bloody eyes! lol So you must of had floods!

Guys i had my swine flu jab and im not well,I haven't much today i feel sick, I have been heaving a little not too much though, But i feel sickly! I have a minor temp as well, I hope this is all normal,

I hope everyone is ok - and if not feel better! xxxxx

Lots of hugs and babydust going out! xxxx
Good Luck everyone

landi

Superstar

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 5th 2008

Children: One gorgeous son born on 28th May 2010

Tuesday, December 8th 2009, 9:06pm

Bunty your scan is flippin amazing. I've still got 2 weeks until mine - can't wait. So pleased that everything went well at this stage.

Kaborex hows your DW doing? Has the ms calmed down at all for her?

Sheen Bri hope you're feelign better soon. I'm waiting until I feel completely better before I have my jab.

Hey Jess sorry that your ms kicked in this afternoon. I had my fingers crossed that you would keep your lunch down today. blowkiss

Hi to everyone else :hello:

I'm having quite a bad afternoon and evening. Been quite upset and had a bit of a cry. Cold is still bad - not going into work tomorrow either.

xx

LAURA
28.05.10 My miracle son Harry was born 5 weeks early, by c-section lurve

Noodles

Reg: Apr 21st 2008

Children: DS 22, dd died aged 9 days, DS 12, DS 9, x4 miscs

Tuesday, December 8th 2009, 11:28pm

So pleased for you Bunty, it sounds as if the scan went as well as it could. Huge hooray!

Wishdust - brilliant too. How fantastic to see the heartbeart.

Sorry I didn't introduce myself properly before, I have not posted on FZ for a while as I keep having miscs - I am now 8+ weeks pregnant but at 44 and with 4 previous miscs I am not feeling too hopeful.

I do have three lovely kids already, but my hormones insisted on this one last attempt ... I know it is very different to you ladies who have had IVF, but I think the feelings are the same if not to the same degree.

Wishing you all well and joining you here for a little while in 1st trimester. I have had one scan which did show a heartbeat last week, I was concerned though because I absolutely know when I ovulated and the baby measured a bit smaller than I was expecting ... the nurses at EPAU were very positive though which was quite reassuring. I am now 8 weeks and 2 days by my dates ( which I know are accurate!) and have another scan booked at EPAU for just before Christmas. I am anxious about it and in fact I would not let my DH come with me for the first one because I felt I couldn't bear his disappointment ... not sure if I will let him come for the next one ...

On that slightly downbeat note, good night and see you again soon!
Noodles

Reg: Jan 4th 2010

Wednesday, December 9th 2009, 9:55am

Bunty!!!!!! Over the moon for you hunny!!!! Fab picture!!! You must be soooooooooo realieved!!!!

WD, lovely feeling isnt it, congratulations honey.

Jess hope you feel better soon and those pills work for you. They wont give you anything up her until you are at least 12 weeks gone!!!! Joys

Noodles, congrats and good luck. I hope everything goes well for you this time. Fingers crossed.

Well counting down the days until my scan now. ONLY 5 SLEEPS LEFT!!!!! DP came back from off shore last night and for the first time struggled to find the HB with the doppler for him, but managed, think rascal was doing some gymnastics though as keep moving about lol. Can just imagen him jumping about in there!!!!!

A x x x

Reg: Jan 29th 2009

Children: Our gorgeous son was born 16/7/2010

Wednesday, December 9th 2009, 5:12pm

Hi everyone!

Hope you don't mind me joining you. I have brought :chocs: and :flowers:

I had my 7 week scan on Monday and saw our little blob and it's heart beating :D so thought it was time to move over here.

Will try and catch up with everyone's posts soon but haven't had much time to get on here as work has really been tiring me out this week. :yawning:

Love to all!

Oct/Nov 09 - 1st IVF :BFP:
Jan 2012 - Short Protocol ICSI :BFP:
7 wk scan 2/3/12 One [zx076] seen

landi

Superstar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, December 9th 2009, 6:09pm

Welcome to Noodles & Rockchick and Congratulations.

Noodles - Sending you lots of PMA sweetie, try to stay positive. We'll be with you every step.

Rockchick - So glad that your scan went well and you got to see it's heartbeat. It's such a wonderful moment isn't it. Make sure that you get plenty of rest when you can. I have been really tired so far.

How is everyone else today? I'm still about the same as I was yesterday.

blowkiss

LAURA

JVA

Ace

Wednesday, December 9th 2009, 6:29pm

Evening everybody :D

Wow so many posts on here, I have had fun reading them all.

Bunty - So glad your scan went well, the pic is fab! I asked my DH to log on especially last night to look for your scan and read your post to me, as I cannot look at the screen in the eve's, it makes me sick! So he sat and read all the good news - fab.

Laura - It was great to chat to you yesterday, sorry that you are still feeling low. Sending you a really big :hugs: By the way, I spoke to my midwife today to chase my scan and I mentioned the honey and she said it is absolutely safe and they actually give it to women by the spoonful when in labour if they are getting sleepy to give them a sugar boost! I would put some in a mug of hot water and drink it up if I were you, as it really is good medicine for colds and coughs. I also looked online before speaking to her and everywhere said it is safe but not safe for children under 1yr.

Rockchick and Noodles - Welcome girlies, nice to have some newbies on here and congrats and good luck for your pregnancies, we look forward to hearing all about your journey.

Esha - Hi, you must be pleased to have DP back.

Sheen Bri - Hope you are feeling better soon, make sure you rest and take it easy to let your body adjust and recover.

Kaborex - Hi, how is your DW? Is her ms any better? I hope she is well - at least she has some time to chill at home.

Wishdust - Glad your scan went well :D

Well I went back to work again today, felt ok this morning and managed to stay at work until 3:45 then felt the nausea kicking in so came home. I have been eating a lot today to try and help keep it at bay but it does not always make much difference. I picked up the tablets from Boots but am not taking them unless absolutely necessary. As usual they have a list of side affects and the chemist said to me that they make you really drowsy! As usual you replace one thing with another. Anyhow, the fact that I am managing to post on here at this time means my ms is not as bad as normal at this time of day but I am not holding my breath! So hoping that it is going to ease the next few weeks....

Like Laura, I am so very desperate for my 12wk scan now and am still waiting for the date. Should hear this week. Still worrying as is everybody about my little baby being ok.

Wow we have so many people on here now, it is going to be hard to keep up :snigger:

Lots of love to all

:dancing: blowkiss
Jessica

landi

Superstar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, December 9th 2009, 7:46pm

Quoted

Originally posted by JVA

Laura - It was great to chat to you yesterday, sorry that you are still feeling low. Sending you a really big :hugs: By the way, I spoke to my midwife today to chase my scan and I mentioned the honey and she said it is absolutely safe and they actually give it to women by the spoonful when in labour if they are getting sleepy to give them a sugar boost! I would put some in a mug of hot water and drink it up if I were you, as it really is good medicine for colds and coughs. I also looked online before speaking to her and everywhere said it is safe but not safe for children under 1yr.

Thanks hun, I'm gonna get some at the weeknd and give it a go.
So glad that yu managed to last til nearly 4pm today. And that you managed to write such a long post at this time of night. :snigger:

LAURA

Reg: Oct 25th 2009

Children: None yet!!

Wednesday, December 9th 2009, 7:52pm

Hi Girls

Just thought I would pop on to say hello, and say how much it makes me smile reading all your posts and to realise that its not just me thinking like this!!

Bunty - I am so glad your scan went well xx

Everyone else - Helllooooo and those with MS I hope you get to feel better very soon, Bunty I think the same as you and would try not to take the tablets if you can for the first tri at least x

Anyway I went to mothercare this week to see about buying some maternity jeans that go over bump, my jeans still fit but by the afternoon when I am so bloated they are really uncomfortable. They only have 2 sizes of jeans in my local mothercare so I asked the assistant whilst keeping a serious face if pregnant women only come in 2 sizes 8 or 16 she said no why? So I told her they were the only size jeans they had, she said oh are you sure?!! In the end I got a great pair of camo pants that I have worn ever since they are great and keep my little bump warm!!

This week I have noticed that my boobs have really swelled up, I was a generous 32 E before but I bet I am a G for god almighty woman!! already lol

I have used my last pessarie this morning so are feeling abit worried about coming off them but reading up on this site it says that some hospitals only prescribe it for the first 2ww then not at all yet some its for 12 weeks so I am sure that the hospital knows what it is doing.

Thats enough babbling anyway peeps

Take care and PMA

Emma xx
:BFP: 1/11/09

23/11/09 [zx076] and a little wiggle!!!

07/12/09 [zx076] and a little wave!!!

21/12/09 [zx076] and another wave!!

JVA

Ace

Thursday, December 10th 2009, 4:01pm

Hi

Emma - Nice to hear from you. Lucky you finishing your pessaries, I think that is something all us girlies are looking forward to. I reckon our symptoms have been a lot worse due to the pessaries so am looking forward to seeing how I feel when I come off them. I would not worry, as like you said some clinics only give them for the 2WW.

Maternity Clothes - Go girl on the shopping! I am struggling at the mo with clothes, as I cannot stand anything around my tummy. I have a good little bump already and cannot fit in my fitted skirts for work so I have been wearing a couple of dresses I have that are loose fitting and bought some hold ups instead of tights, which have been great. I normally have a nightmare getting clothes to fit me anyway, as I am petite so will ave to see what maternity shopping is like :D

Been back to the docs again today and have given a 3rd urine sample - can you believe it! I have had some pain really low down on one side which is when I wee and feel very heavy down there too. The doc examined me and said it may be the pressure and weight of the uterus but best to do another sample and if the pain continues or worsens I need to go back and they may send me to the EPU. I really hope everything is ok - does anybody else feel really heavy low down? I have been going to the loo all the time since yest too, more so than usual.

Anyway, hope all of you ladies are ok and your colds, coughs etc are getting better.

:bye:
Jessica

Thursday, December 10th 2009, 4:14pm

Hi Jess

Yes I am feeling really heavy down below, its like it has only just come on over the last 2 days, I think once you hit 10 weeks it all changes, I read in my new book that its no longer called an embryo but a fetus. I have been having occassional shooting pains too but thats supposed to be normal too?

Good luck with the docs again, and lets hope they find out whats wrong, maybe it could be to do with stress from work?

I am only usually a size 8, the combats fitted in an 8 but the jeans seemed really tight on the thigh, my friend said Next do nice things so I might try them next. Really need a good bra more though - Mothercare were slightly padded?!!

How did you do at work today?

Take care hun

Emma xx

JVA

Ace

Thursday, December 10th 2009, 4:34pm

Hi Emma,

Yes, I think it is probably just the pressure low down, as I have already given 2 other urine tests in the last 2 weeks and all has been ok. You never know though when it is your first pregnancy what to expect so I thought I should see the doc anyway. Hopefully it will ease the next few days....

Work is ok now, I am not stressed about it thankfully. I have been going in and doing what I can and then leaving after lunch which is when my ms kicks in. At least I have been going in and doing mornings and have not been signed off. They seem to be ok with it.

Yes, I am a size 6-8 normally. I have bought 2 lovely dresses in Next (normal not maternity) but they are smock type so plenty of room to grow :snigger: Very comfortable. I cannot wear trousers at all at the mo, not even my comfy trackies. Poor DH has to put up with me in my nightie each night as I get changed as soon as I get home from work.

My DH has seen a nice book which he said he was going to give me for xmas but is going to get me it sooner now, to hopefully ease my mind about things :snigger:

My friend at work told me about the babycentre website which looks great at a glance. It gives you a personalised week by week guide to your pregnancy. Have you seen it?

Bye for now :D
Jessica

landi

Superstar

United Kingdom

Thursday, December 10th 2009, 4:44pm

Hey Emma & Jess,

Emma I've bene looking at maternity clothes online and I'm getting really annoyed coz I'm a size 20 and there's feck all about. I'm getting quite depressed about it, but I'll soldier on.

Jess I've seen baby centre and it is good. I've got a book called the day-by-day pregnancy book by Dorling Kindersley. I got it in WHSmiths, t is expensive but it's flipping brilliant. It's tells you about me & the baby.

xx

LAURA

Bunty

unregistered

Thursday, December 10th 2009, 5:57pm

Hi Jess, Esha, Noodles, Laura, Emma, Bry, Rockchick, Kaborex, Sheen Bri and wishdust!!

Well I am 12 weeks today and I cant quite believe it! :D I even took bump pic to celebrate as I was feeling brave!! :O Definite difference! I have been feeling really sick the last couple of days... I thought it was supposed to get better at 12 weeks??! ?( Sorry and hugs for you guys that havent felt well either - I know Laura and Jess have struggled. :hugs:

I will be tapering off my steroids now.... woo hoo!!

I like H and M for cheap but trendy maternity, Isabella Oliver if youre feeling flush, and Serpahine! The latter 2 are online.

I had that heavy feeling too at 10 weeks, and Ive been scanned recently and all well - I think its just a growing uterus? I still get the odd shooting pain too.

Hope you are all well

xxx

Reg: Sep 13th 2009

Children: Barts london

Thursday, December 10th 2009, 8:35pm

bunty!! pics of the bump my lovely!

Hello everyone!!! how are we all??? emma,laura,jess,rock chick! I am 8 weeks tomorrow,I am soo bloated honesty i am alittle worried, Im not feeling sick at all now but its still very early on, I recieved my letter today from Royal London for 12 week scan! Im really happy!!!!

I have been experiencing shooting pains on the left hand side as well, I am constantly worried as well as i have heard some horror stories, I was going to buy another pregnancy test today as i was sooo worried!!! but i was told as long as there is no bleeding you are ok. I am currently cheering myself up with a glass of strawberry milkshake and in my pjs ready for bed! lol

Xmas dinner Party tomorrow, few people know im pregnant and there is another girl also in my region who is about 10 weeks so will be nice to share stories!

Sorry for rabbling on!

Love to you all and babydust xxxxxxxxxxxx
Good Luck everyone

Bunty

unregistered

Thursday, December 10th 2009, 9:01pm

Pics are in my diary on this page....Bunty's Diary - fingers crossed for happy ending!

And I get shooting pains all the time!!

JVA

Ace

Friday, December 11th 2009, 4:05pm

Hi All :hello:

Bunty - Congrats girlie on getting to 12wks! Fab news. You will be leaving us then :bawl: Only joking, as we all hope to see you again in a week or so in 2nd tri :dancing:

Sheen Bri - I think we are all getting pains everywhere by the sounds of it! I think Bunty is right alot of it is the uterus growing, apparently mine is the size of a grapefruit now - wow! No wonder I have a little bump. People cannot believe how much of a bump I have already :snigger: I am loving seeing it getting bigger.

Well I have had a right saga today with my NT 12wk scan -I phoned the hospital and they had my dates wrong and told me they could not scan me until 31st Dec when I will be 13+5! I complained and they said they cannot fit me in any earlier - great eh! I phoned my docs who said I need to spk to my mw and she is not available until Tues so I phoned the Community midwife number and spoke to somebody else who referred me to the Screening Co-ordinator. Finally I got hold of her and she was helpful and said she would email the head of Sonography for me to see if they can do something. :hairout

Meanwhile, I have phoned a private hospital and booked myself in for 21st Dec just in case, as I do not want to wait that long and I have been told the best time for NF scan is during 12 wks. Is this right? Plus with all the pains I have been having I do not want to wait until nearly 14wks!!!!

So we will see if the NHS come back with anything. The private scan plus bloods is £300 but I do not mind paying if necessary.

When are you all having your scans? How far will you all be? I would be interested to know.

Hope you all have some good plans for the weekend.

:wave:
Jessica

Friday, December 11th 2009, 4:13pm

Hi Jess

I am too a bit annoyed, I won't get my booking in scan until I am 13 weeks and a NT scan until later, probably 15-16 weeks. I feel like now I have been moved off the Assisted Conception Units service, I am being forgotten. Not very happy. I guess the only thing to do is to pay for a private scan.

Bunty

unregistered

Friday, December 11th 2009, 4:23pm

Hi Jess... you can have your NT anytime up until 13 +6 so dont worry, but Flowerpower 15-16 weeks IS too late for an actual NT scan. This is because the fluid in the Nuchal fold is removed by the babies circulation as it becomes more efficient after 13 +6 weeks, and thus any measurements are pointless after this stage.

It really doesnt make any different if it's later ie 13 weeks Jess, because you have to fill in a form detailing when your LMP is and also what your previous scans date you at - and they (or rather the software!) makes all the relevant adjustments for it. Im 12+ 1 but my Nuchal is next Thursday so Im cutting it fine too. Also tell them if you have had any spotting at all, because they willmake adjustments for that too... it affects the AFP results but it's fine as long as you tell them!

Ill stay with the first tri girls til after my NT!! Not ready to leave you yet!!

xx

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Bunty" (Dec 11th 2009, 4:27pm)

Bry

Star

Reg: Mar 25th 2009

Children: Twins born in may 2010!

Friday, December 11th 2009, 4:48pm

Hello everyone! :D

I haven't posted for a while but have been reading all your posts and keeping up with all your news...

I have my dating and Nuchal scan next Tues when I will be 12+2 going from the last scan i had at 9weeks. I am feeling a little nervous about it but just hoping that my flumps will be fine and then I will be able to relax a bit. My bump seems to be getting bigger every day and there is no way i can hide it now! Still getting the nausea but not as much as before and still having a little spotting. Have been off work since last weds and am not going back until after xmas because i was told to rest to stop the spotting.

I am sending you all a bigkiss ladies!

My Diary - Bry and the Flumps!

1st IVF March 09 :BFP: mm/c at 9 weeks :bawl:
2nd IVF Oct 09 :BFP: [zx076] [zx076]

Friday, December 11th 2009, 5:02pm

Thanks Bunty, I'm going to phone the hospital on Monday and kick up stink!!! All else fails we will just pay to do it private.

Bunty

unregistered

Friday, December 11th 2009, 5:04pm

No problems FP. Feel free to PM me for any more info or if you think I can help blowkiss

JVA

Ace

Friday, December 11th 2009, 5:17pm

Thanks Bunty, very helpful. Although I am still not happy to wait that long especially with the pains I have been having. I have been holding out for my 12wk scan to check everything as it is so to wait nearly another 2 wks is a nightmare for me!

Will see whether the NHS do anything, if not I will just carry on private.

Flowerpower - Wow, that really is out of order, I cannot believe it and there I was annoyed about mine. You give them some grief girl and see if they can do better.

Bry - Hi, nice to hear you are ok and resting up. How lovely to be seeing your little flumps next week! :D Let us know how it goes.
Jessica

Bunty

unregistered

Friday, December 11th 2009, 5:22pm

I completely understand - I think when something happens that unsettles us we NEED a scan for reassurance. After all every single one of us has gone through hell and high water to get here in the first place!

BUT aside from the pains and you needing to see your gorgeous LO, please do be assured that from a non emotional POV (and I mean that in the nicest way!) the later NT is fine. I had a regular 12 weeks booking scan, and my NT is private next week. I couldnt be bothered faffing about... we all have enough worry!!

Hopefullly all will be well, and well all get the best Christmas presents ever!! blowkiss

Friday, December 11th 2009, 7:53pm

Hi there ladies

Thought I would put my 2p's worth in!!

I saw my midwife on 18th Nov who booked me in for my 12 week NHS scan, I still had not heard anything on Monday so I phoned them and asked they told me it was booked for 31st December at 9.30 and to expect a letter. I would be 13 + 1. I have received a letter today saying it is on 4th Jan? They are rubbish!!

I decided to go private for the NT, it is £195 for 2 sets of blood and neck and nose scan that is on the 21st December.

I cannot believe how cold it was today! I am going to have a nice warm bath to defrost. I have also just got the date for moving house - 1st Jan so thats extra work for me now, I dont know whether to put my tree and trimmings up when I am going to be using the week between Christmas and New Year to pack up?

Also is it ok to go near dogs when pregnant? My mum is looking after her friends dog and its just been sat on my knee for 5 mins until I thought Oh Should I be doing this?!!

Take care peeps

Emma x

JVA

Ace

Friday, December 11th 2009, 8:53pm

Hey Emma,

Sounds like you made the best decision to go private too for the NT scan! Yours is much cheaper mind, mine is £300 with bloods but worth every penny anyway so I do not mind. If I stick with this date, we will have them the same day!! :D

Dilema on the moving front and xmas - I would be inclined to just put up some cards to make it festive and not bother with the tree this year. Depends how Christmasy you like to be though.

Not sure on the dog front, I know that you need to be careful around cat litter. I guess just make sure you wash your hands after touching the dog, as you would any animal really cos of the germs.

Do you know whether it is ok to go to concerts (seated) whilst pregnant? We have one booked for April and another May. I should be far along by then ?(

My tummy is so sore this eve, really bloated but very stretchy feeling all over. I think I am gona have to start with the stretch mark creams tomorrow. Has anybody else started this yet? If so what creams are you all using?
Jessica

Bunty

unregistered

Friday, December 11th 2009, 8:59pm

Bio oil every time! It rocks!!

Dont worry about dogs.... I have 2 who are with me all the time, and million and billions of women have healthy babies with pets! Just keep clean etc as usual.

xxx

Bry

Star

Friday, December 11th 2009, 9:13pm

I'm also using bio oil and it smells really nice too! :happy:

Bunty

unregistered

Friday, December 11th 2009, 9:28pm

I use it in the bath too ... lovely!

Friday, December 11th 2009, 9:33pm

Thanks girls I knew if I posted a question on here someone would answer!!

Jess maybe mine is cheaper as I am up north and things are often cheaper (like beer and wine)? But like you say worth every penny!

Yeah I use bio oil as well.

Emma xx

JVA

Ace

Saturday, December 12th 2009, 10:11am

Bio Oil it is then - I have some at home from when I had my appendix op last year. I will start using it. Last night I used some Vaseline Intensive Care Moisturising cream, as my bump looked huge! This morning it has gone down a little :snigger:

Enjoy your weekend all.
Jessica

landi

Superstar

United Kingdom

Saturday, December 12th 2009, 10:25am

Hi everyone - Jess, Bunty, Bry, Sheen Bri, Kaborex, Emma, and anyone else who I've forgotten, hope you're all ok?

I have been thinking about using a cream/oil too. I used a pregnacare sample that I had yesterday, but I think I'll go with the recomendation of Bio Oil.

Feeling quite weird today. Woke up wondering if I'm still pg. Not sure why. I spoke to DH about it and he reassured me, then I called my mum and she said similar. After that DH was listening to my tummy and he's convinced that he can hear the baby moving about. He said it's weird to describe but it's def not wind (as he can hear that too - in fact we now think that I'm having triplets....a baby, a bear and a dolphin!) :snigger: So feeling a bit better now.

Quick question about nipples (TMI ALERT) - in particular colour. Have any of you noticed a change? I have noticed this last week they are a lot darker.

We'll this weekend we are hoping to get last minute presents, write our cards and put up our decs. Going to also try and look at maternity clothes if possible today. As my trousers are getting really tight by the end of the day.

Lots of love to all, have a good weekend.

bigkiss

LAURA

Saturday, December 12th 2009, 11:56am

Oh well. So much for the NHS..... Had a gig last night as I am a musician, well it was a friends party, so DW came with me. As you can imagine it was a bit of a late night. However we had to wake up early as we had the first midwife appointment today.

Wow how veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery exciting!!

Weeeeelllll...... Although we were both tired, we woke up early enough to have breakfast and wait for the midwife as he/she was coming to our flat.

Guess what? The appointment was for 10am.

Time is now 11:46 exactly. You know what? We are still waiting. Phoned the number on the letter they sent us and no surprises we had to talk to a machine!!!.

Brilliant. That is exactly what I expect for the very high national insurance I pay!!

Well done all of you at the NHS. Bravooooooo.... While you are all at it, why not increase the contribution we pay and also invcrease your expenses...

To the NHS :raspberry: :raspberry: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Blue Sky

Reg: Aug 7th 2009

Children: 1 beautiful little boy, JP, now safe in heaven & 1 beautiful baby girl who came home with us!

Monday, December 14th 2009, 11:30am

Hello Everyone including all the Newbies,

Sorry I've not posted for a while. Been struggling with nausea & also extreme tiredness - haven't been able to do much more than just lie on the sofa these past few weeks! Also been having lots of wind-type pains (sorry if tmi) this past week which have been really painful (& worrying) but I'm still on the cyclogest so I'm hoping it's just that. Is anyone else struggling with this? Almost feels like I'm really bloated but my tummy doesn't really look that swollen but it feels so sore. Probably doesn't help that I can't really face eating much fruit & veg these days!

Bunty - so pleased to read about your scan. You guys must be over the moon. Hope your NT scan goes well too.

Sorry to hear about all the bad NHS experiences. My local hospital & midwife have been great so far although they did have me down for my 12 week scan on 11 Jan '10 when I would have been over 14 weeks pregnant - fine, but they also offer the NT scan at the same time now apparently (incl on the NHS if you want it) and that has to be done between 11-13+6 apparently. Anyway, they've sorted it out for me & I'm going on Monday instead but am so, so scared. Last time I had a 12 week scan in January, they couldn't find a heartbeat.

Hope everyone is well - can't remember everyone's details about what's going on but I'm sure there must be some scans due soon too so hope they go well. Keep us posted!

Lots of love

Blue Sky
Blue Sky
IVF #1 - :BFP: 29th Oct '09
Baby girl arrived safely on 24th June '10
Another beautiful baby girl arrived safely on 16th May '12 : D

Bry

Star

Tuesday, December 15th 2009, 2:48pm

Hi everyone

Just popping in to tell you i have had my 12 week scan and everything was fine. :D It was amazing! They were moving around like mad and one twin was kicking the other in the head! :snigger: I was so relieved and feel much more relaxed now...

Here are a couple of pics

Hope everyone is well? bigkiss

landi

Superstar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, December 15th 2009, 5:01pm

WOW Bry those pics are amazing. I cannot wait until Tuesday for my 12w scan.

Kaborex - how annoying about the appt. Did it get sorted in the end?

Just wanted to pop on and say :hello: hope that everyone is ok?

xx

LAURA

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Tuesday, December 15th 2009, 5:05pm

Bry!! Those pics are amazing!!! You can even see their little noses!! :hugs

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Bunty

unregistered

Tuesday, December 15th 2009, 5:08pm

And we all know at 12 weeks, the presence of a nasal bone = much less chance of Downs!! Which is fantastic Bry!!

JVA

Ace

Tuesday, December 15th 2009, 5:28pm

Hi All, Am just testing this post, as the last two I have sent did not come up?
Jessica

JVA

Ace

Tuesday, December 15th 2009, 5:34pm

Wow, it seems to have worked that time, so here goes with my third time lucky message to you all!

Hi everyone :hello:

Bry - Those pics are fab!! Cannot believe how clear they are, so gorgeous! You must be thrilled to bits. :D
Blue Sky - How did your scan go yest? Hope all is ok. I can totally sympathise with you on the wind situ, I too am suffering, although I have never had a problem with it before. I def think it is the cyclogest!
Kaborex - Did your mw turn up in the end?

Well I have not heard back from the NHS so looks like we will go with the private scan Monday. I have been off work again today resting as I had a bad day yest, nausea kicked in early so I left work at 2 and made it home just in time. Had really sharp pains in my tum last night which had me doubled over and then the right side was really sore again so I went back to the docs today and she examined me and has ref me to the early pregnancy unit for a check over but they cant see me til Thurs morn so will have to wait and see. Not quite sure what to expect - has anybody been to one before? I have been feeling really low today worrying about my baby, I so hope everything is ok.

Anyway, hi to everyone and I hope you are all ok anf getting over your colds, coughs etc.
bigkiss
Jessica

Bry

Star

Tuesday, December 15th 2009, 5:49pm

Hi jess

sorry to hear you are in pain and worrying. I have also been suffering with the wind and constipation too! I think the epu should be able to scan you so that will ease your mind. Sending you a get well :hugs:

Tuesday, December 15th 2009, 7:23pm

Hi all.

Bry brilliant pics.

Landi and jess. The midwife did not turn up on saturday. On Monday they called us and insisted that they did come to the flat and they suggested that DW fell asleep and did not hear the door bell...... Hmmm. There were three of us in the flat. We actually got up an hour before as we had a friend staying over and since it is a one bedroom flat we had to wake up at least an hour before cause the sofa bed is in the living room. Anyway they turned up Monday morning and all went well. Glad they did not press the point of falling asleep any further cause I would have had a few words... .

Still trying to get used to the new forum. Brilliant job to the IT people for such great work.

Hope we will see more brilliant pics and good news for the remaining 12week scans.

Regards

Kaborex

Tuesday, December 15th 2009, 7:26pm

Oh Jess,

DW has been having quite a lot of pains down below. What she calls shooting pains all the way down... When she spoke to the midwife, they told her that it could be the ligaments of the uterus contracting as the uterus expands. Apparently there are four of these major ligaments, two going downwards and two going upwards. They reckon that most women feel the ones lower down but some do feel the upper ligaments as well.

Blue Sky

Reg: Aug 7th 2009

Children: 1 beautiful little boy, JP, now safe in heaven & 1 beautiful baby girl who came home with us!

Tuesday, December 15th 2009, 8:44pm

So glad to hear that it's not just me struggling with the wind & pains although they haven't been as bad for the past couple of days. I am still managing to get myself in a real state though finding other things to worry about.

Jess - I reckon that the EPU will scan you on Thursday so hopefully you'll get to have 2 scans in a week! I hope that it will put your mind at rest & they can give you an answer. Can't believe you've not had your appointment through for your 12 week scan though - have you called the Antenatal clinic directly? I ended up phoning my clinic last week to find out when my scan was as DH needed to arrange work around it. My 12 week scan is on 21st.

Bry - so good to see that all went well with your scan. You must be so relieved.

Hope everyone else is ok.

Better go as I can feel the nausea kicking in.

Lots of love
Blue Sky
IVF #1 - :BFP: 29th Oct '09
Baby girl arrived safely on 24th June '10
Another beautiful baby girl arrived safely on 16th May '12 : D

Reg: Dec 30th 2008

Tuesday, December 15th 2009, 9:26pm

Oh Bry, the scan pics are sooooo clear! It must be such a relieve to
have the 12 week scan done.

Jess, thinking of you tomorrow and try to keep the chin up as it is
not always as it seems.

Kaborex, I had replied to your message in relation to the missing midwife on Saturday.
I'll bet she was off at the local pub the night before! At least they had the decency
to give an appointment soon after.

As for me - guess what!! I have symptoms!! I'm not complaining either - (.)(.) ouch!

JVA

Ace

Wednesday, December 16th 2009, 9:27am

Hi All,

Thanks for all your messages and support, it really means a lot. I hope it is just the uterus contracting as you say. Hopefully have my mind put at ease tomorrow.
I have taken today off work again to just stay in bed and rest as this is the best thing for my nausea and the pains. Feel bit guilty about work again but DH put me straight this morning - we are more important....

Wishdust - Glad you have symptoms!!!

Kaborex - Glad the mw turned up eventually. How cheeky saying about DW sleeping!

Have a good day all.
Jessica

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE