You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Fee

Ace

• "Fee" started this thread

Reg: Jun 22nd 2008

Children: Samuel - born Dec 6th 2009

Wednesday, November 18th 2009, 1:34pm

Natural Remedy for PUPPS

Have found that by adding bicarbonate of soda to my bath water and mixing a little into a paste with water and adding to the worst affected areas has been a godsend. This might help any of your other ladies suffering as i have been doing for weeks - oh the itching.

The blotching on my skin remains but no itching - last for a little over a day. Do a patch test in case the bicarb does not agree with you just in case 24 hours before. Rash goes alot redder straight after the bath but when dry is bliss. I hope this helps someone else as i was at the end of my tether and did not want to use steroid cream.

Had read bicarb was a natural remedy on the net and my mum said it used to be used to treat chicken pox - midwife said ok to use as well.

Take Care all

Fee
Me 42 Dh 41 Blighted Ovum 2006
1st ICSI (June 2008) Failed Fertilisation
Surprise Natural Pregnancy (July 2008) lost Sept
Surprise :BFP: March 09 please stay with us [zx076]
Heartbeat seen 2.5.09 9-10 weeks woohoo
6.12.2009 Samuel born 5.12pm 6ib 12oz :boy:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Fee" (Nov 18th 2009, 1:36pm)

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Wednesday, November 18th 2009, 1:43pm

RE: Natural Remedy for PUPPS

Thanks Fee - I tried this for a few days about 10 days ago after reading it may help on the internet but, unfortunately, it didn't provide any relief for me :sadface:

I've been using the lowest dose hydrocortisone cream for a week now and the rash is sooooo much better. However, the previously unaffected areas (where I haven't been using the cream) have now had an outbreak - it's like the rash is escaping wherever it can! I have to go back to GP tomorrow so will see what he says about it - I really don't want to carry on using the cream but the alternative of potentially 8 more weeks of itchy rash & sleep deprivation is not a happy thought.

xx

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

Fee

Ace

• "Fee" started this thread

Reg: Jun 22nd 2008

Children: Samuel - born Dec 6th 2009

Thursday, November 19th 2009, 11:01am

Sorry it didn't work for you :sadface: it's hell isn't it.

Take Care

Fee
Me 42 Dh 41 Blighted Ovum 2006
1st ICSI (June 2008) Failed Fertilisation
Surprise Natural Pregnancy (July 2008) lost Sept
Surprise :BFP: March 09 please stay with us [zx076]
Heartbeat seen 2.5.09 9-10 weeks woohoo
6.12.2009 Samuel born 5.12pm 6ib 12oz :boy:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE