You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

JMB

Ace

• "JMB" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 6th 2008

Children: One wonderful Son

Saturday, November 14th 2009, 10:49am

Lower Abdominal Pains

I've been having quite a lot of lower abdominal stabbing pains this week. They don't last long but they are worrying me a bit. I'm thinking, and hoping, that it's just everything stretching but I thought I might get some stretching pains every so often, and not on a regular basis.

Should I be worried or is this just a normal part of pregnancy?

J x

Personal blog
A Working Mum

Reg: Feb 17th 2009

Children: Ashley my little gift, 3 years old

Saturday, November 14th 2009, 11:31am

Hi J,
I would say it is just stretching pains, i get all sorts of pains going on from sharp stabbing pains, burning pains to dull aches, and on a regular basis i think it depends what uve been doing during the day aswel i find if i sit down for a long time and then stand up i get pain and also if ive been up and about doing things i get pain.
try not to worry i think its all normal, its just were always worrying because its so precious to us!
If your rly worried, u could call ur midwife!
take care! xxxx
bab22

Steffani

jilly

Reg: Apr 5th 2009

Children: Blessed with a beautiful little boy

Saturday, November 14th 2009, 3:00pm

Hi J, Always best to ring your midwife if you are worried, it probably is nothing to worry about, i'm constantly in pain these days with either my pelvis, hip, bum or back but theres no point sitting worrying and she wont mind xxx
Cheryl
1st ICSI blessed with Aiden Reece Parkin born 01.01.10

pamelag088

Superstar

Reg: Oct 20th 2008

Children: tj born 20/11/09

Saturday, November 14th 2009, 3:02pm

Yes sounds like round ligament pains.
I remember thinking it was too early to be so sore but nope :snigger:
But like other girls said if you really concerned give your MW a call for some reassurance.

JMB

Ace

• "JMB" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 6th 2008

Children: One wonderful Son

Saturday, November 14th 2009, 3:18pm

Thanks for everyone's reply and advice. I'm just having a quiet day today and the pains seem to have eased off. I don't have a designated MW as yet. I saw a MW, at the hospital where I will gave birth, at my 12 week scan but my regular MW checks will be carried out at my local hospital and I haven't been there yet, got an appointment in two weeks time.

I think the pains are round ligament pain but as I've never been pregnant before I'm never sure what is "normal" and what is not.

I'll see how I am this week and If I'm still concerned I'll go and see my GP.

Thanks again,

J x

Personal blog
A Working Mum

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE