You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

roxy7

Star

• "roxy7" started this thread

Reg: Dec 1st 2008

Children: DS born 11/06

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 2:12pm

Expanding so fast - panicking a bit!

Just hoping for a bit of reassurance, really.

I already look about 6 months pregnant and I'm only 14 weeks! I'm sooooo worried about having these babies really prematurely. Did anyone else on here have worries about how they were going to physically manage to expand enough to carry your babies to term? I'm quite short (5'1") and have now got problems with my blood sugar levels already - monitoring them but not yet taking insulin, so am worried about the babies' growth. As always, I'm having to reframe and when I first thought about the possibility of a twin pregnancy, my wish was to keep them in as long as possible, so they were well cooked. Now I just want them to be far on enough to be able to survive! If I get to 30 weeks, I'll be delighted!

I had similar issues with my singleton pregnancy (got large quite quickly and had GD, though much later on in the pregnancy) but baby was only 5lb 15 oz in the end.

Sorry to write such a downer of a post, but I'm really preoccupied about it!

R x

Me 41, DP 42
Diagnosis PCOS and old age!
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
FET 08/09 :BFP:
cs booked for 20/04/10

Jodie

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 8:53pm

Hi Roxy

I've not had twins but read your post and can see how worried you are!

I think most ladies show more quickly with their 2nd pregnancy. I certainly did. This will be exacerbated because there's 2 little people in your tummy!

As for expanding enough - nature is a wonderful thing! There's a thread discussing big babies at the moment (think Gracie started it - will have a look if I get 2 mins) and the general concensus is that larger ladies can have tiny babies and more petite ladies can cope with growing bigger babies - it might help ease your fears if you have a read!

And prem babies - my DD1 was born at 32 weeks and was 4 lb 10oz. I was EXTREMELY anxious in my 2nd pregnancy about a similar situation reocurring. I was consultant led care straight from the start because of the circumstances around DD1's birth and she was fantastic. I felt listened to, I was closely monitored and having her made a real difference to me and my pregnancy. She even delivered my DD2!

I'd say talk to your midwife and/or consultant, discuss your anxieties and hopefully you can formulate a care plan, you'll be reassured and can start to enjoy your pregnancy more.

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Reg: Nov 18th 2008

Children: 2 miracle IVF twin girls and 3 miracle surprises!!

What's Up?
Life's hectic but good !!!

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 9:48pm

Oh Roxy,

Don't worry about being small I'm only 5'0" and got to 37 weeks no problem and didn't have any stretch marks and both girls were a good size for twins. I only went at 37 weeks because of a planned section. I had loads of room and amnio fluid left and could of gone on to full term.

Bodies are amazing things and you'll be grand but def speak to your midwive/doc about your concerns.
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP
Twins Girls Born August 09 : D
Shock Natural BFP - Oct 12
Baby Girl Born June 13 : D
Shock Natural BFP during DR!! - October 14
Baby Boy Born June 15 : D
Another Shock Natural BFP!
Baby Girl Born January 17 : D
Hmcfeather's Diary of My Brood

roxy7

Star

Monday, November 9th 2009, 9:53am

Thank you so much for your replies. I'm feeling a little less panicked now as I seem to be getting a handle on what a can and can't eat to keep my blood sugars under control (not a lot when it comes to carbs!). It looks like I may have to go on insulin sooner than in my last pregnancy but that doesn't worry me too much. The babies are my first priority.

Great to hear that you didn't get any stretch marks, heather! I just assumed it was par for the course in a twin pregnancy. Call me vain but I have already checked out how much a tummy tuck costs - although I very much doubt I'd be able to go through it (I'm not a great fan of cosmetic surgery generally) as I'd be too scared of not coming round from the general anaesthetic. See I can even worry about things I know isn't going to happen :snigger:

Thanks again

R x

Me 41, DP 42
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
cs booked for 20/04/10

Mavis

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 3:57pm

Hi Roxy,
You do tend to expand waaay more quickly and earlier in second and subsequent pregnancies. I guess if everything has already been stretched once, its easier to do it again! So try not to worry too much about size, especially as it sounds like your doctor will be on the ball when it comes to needing insulin.
If you don't have much in the way of stretch marks by now, it sounds like you are not prone to them and will escape unscathed. I, on the other hand, look like a purple zebra :D

M
x

My Diary
10 years, 5 cycles, and 3 beautiful children.
My family is complete :heart: :heart: :heart:

roxy7

Star

Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 7:00pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Mavis
Hi Roxy,

If you don't have much in the way of stretch marks by now, it sounds like you are not prone to them and will escape unscathed. I, on the other hand, look like a purple zebra :D

M
x
I'm quite liking that image, y'know :D

Me 41, DP 42
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
cs booked for 20/04/10

Mavis

United Kingdom

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 8:34pm

I bet you are sooooo jealous! :snigger:
Think I might demand a refund for my bio oil.

What is really quite odd is my 46inch bump is lopsided to the left, always has been, so the right side has to stretch more and has far more stretch marks than the left...

So technically I'm a lopsided zebra! Even better!

My Diary

roxy7

Star

Wednesday, November 11th 2009, 9:43am

Hehe, my bump is lop sided too (also to the left) so goodness knows how it will develop. When I had my twelve week scan, one of the babies was lying vertically from head to toe and the other transverse but I would have assumed they'd have lots of room to move around atm so it's wierd....

Oh, I've just had another look and it's completely even today - normally, when I look at my bump I only notice its hugeness and am aghast :snigger:

Mavis, I can't believe you're twenty seven weeks already. It seems to have gone so quickly since your bfp announcement - please let mine pass quick too :smile:

R x

Me 41, DP 42
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
cs booked for 20/04/10

Mavis

United Kingdom

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Wednesday, November 11th 2009, 9:48am

You are close on my heels already Roxy! Almost 15 weeks (!)
My babies were lying in the exact same position as yours, sort of right angles to each other. They stayed like that until my last scan in fact.
It's funny isn't it!

Are you going to find out the flavours?

My Diary

Reg: May 1st 2008

Children: I'm going to be a mum :) fingers crossed!

Wednesday, November 11th 2009, 2:08pm

:snigger: i don't have any stretch marks as yet, but im checking each day lol!!! im 43.5", my tummy is so tight thought, almost like it is going to pop!!! x
bab10 bab11

Tilly and Samuel born 2.2.10 bab21 bab22

IVF May 2009 BFP

roxy7

Star

Wednesday, November 11th 2009, 2:32pm

I've clearly started to calm down a bit about this as your comments are making me laugh now - rather than feel faint :snigger:

Me 41, DP 42
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
cs booked for 20/04/10

Wednesday, November 11th 2009, 3:22pm

:snigger: do you watch little britain? i said to Dh i look like "bubbles devere" with nothing on :snigger:
bab10 bab11

IVF May 2009 BFP

roxy7

Star

Wednesday, November 11th 2009, 10:20pm

Oh my goodness - this thread is providing me with untold, um , interesting visual images!

Me 41, DP 42
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
cs booked for 20/04/10

Thursday, November 12th 2009, 1:16pm

:snigger: :snigger: least we can laugh hey!!! xx
bab10 bab11

IVF May 2009 BFP

Duffymoon

Megastar

Reg: Jun 11th 2007

Children: Boy/girl twins born 2010

Thursday, November 12th 2009, 4:00pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Bettyboop
:snigger: i don't have any stretch marks as yet, but im checking each day lol!!! im 43.5", my tummy is so tight thought, almost like it is going to pop!!! x

I know what you mean!

I don't have any stretch marks yet though bio oiling every night and most mornings. Boobies are showing more signs of getting them than my belly !! I'm sure i read somewhere that you're just as likely to get them after the birth when your tum is shrinking.....but not sure if that's true or not.....wouldn't they be called shrink marks then? :snigger:

xx

4 x ICSI BFN
5th time :BFP:
:boy: :girl:

Mavis

United Kingdom

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Thursday, November 12th 2009, 7:59pm

I heard that too Duffy!
Apparently if you lose weight too quickly it can cause stretch marks.... we should stay fat for the sake of our skin! :happy:

My Diary

Reg: Mar 6th 2006

Thursday, November 12th 2009, 8:45pm

Roxy. I looked full term at 22 weeks so don't worry. When I went to an antenatal class were it was full of single pregnancies they all gasped when I still had 10 weeks to g
Melanie
1st IUI cylce 10 March 06 BFN
2nd IUI cycle 19th June 06 BFN
3rd IUI cycle 6th Sep 06 BFN
4th IVF 31st March at St Barts :BFP:

Daisy born @ 35wks 20/12/07 12.16am 4lb 13.5 oz
Nuala born @ 35wks 20/12/07 12.18am 5lb 10oz

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE