You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

LOUBIE07

• "LOUBIE07" started this thread

Reg: Sep 22nd 2009

Tuesday, October 27th 2009, 8:02am

Really bad upper back pain

Hi,

I will be 8 weeks this week and sooooo unbelievably happy :smile: but for the last four weeks I have had terrible upper back pain...but here comes the odd part....only at night?! I haven't slept a full night in all this time and I am sooo tired ( was tired anyway) :sadface:

Have been to the doctors but due to little bump they cannot do anything. Have never had back ache before.

Any ideas what it could be, or is anyone else experiencing this?

The pain is 3/4 up my back but my sides hurt too. Have tried lying flat, propped up on pillows, lying on my side...but nothing gets rid of the pain...until i get up :bawl:

( I do have breast implants which were done four years ago under the muscle and it is a similar kind of pain to when i had them done. However my only thought with this though is that they have only got slightly bigger (34c to 34d) and I have no pain during the day other than a bit of an ache)

Hoping someone might have some ideas...or even better...some solutions :happy:

Thanks,

Louise
xxx

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Tuesday, October 27th 2009, 11:39am

Hiya,

I had the same but my back is a slightly funny shape so it wasn't surprising in my case. Unfortunatly the progesterone in your system signals production of another homone which relaxes all your ligaments and this can affect other areas of your body other than your pelvis. First things first, take a look at your bed is it too hard? if it is you might try a mattress topper. Also experiment with pillows as I found that if I could get my pillows in exactly the right position then the backache stopped. You can also try accupuncture which is known to help with back pain and you can also go back to your GP and ask them if they can refer you to a physiotherapist who will be able to give you some excercises to relax and strengthen your back.

It might also be worth contacting the clinic you had your breasts done and ask them if pregnancy can cause aching in your implants.

Hope it stops soon, mine stopped by itself at about 20 weeks!

ICSI BFP DS1 born Nov 09
Natural BFP DS2 born Sept 11

LOUBIE07

• "LOUBIE07" started this thread

Reg: Sep 22nd 2009

Tuesday, October 27th 2009, 11:59am

Thanks Grace for your very fast and helpful reply.

I am still on the progesterone pessaries and didn't really think of them as a possible cause. I guess hormones and things can send unrelated parts of your body a bit off too. I am certainly willing to try anything to help the pain.Had to take my first day off work today( which I feel bad about) just to try to rest and catch up on all the missed sleep :sadface:

I did go to the doctor yesterday who suggested physio, so this sounds like it could be a good route to take. Being with my little 5mm one (happy, happy, happy) I am just cautious as to what I can and cannot do.

My doctor also said that hot water bottles and massage but again I have heard conflicting views on whether this is ok or not.

Will definitely check my bed later too.

Thanks so much for your advice and I will keep you updated as to how I get on. :smile:

Thanks,

Louise

Jodie

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Wednesday, October 28th 2009, 10:52pm

Hi Louise, congrats on your pregnancy!

I think you've been sensible by seeing your GP. However, if you go for a massage, you need to tell the therapist who should be able to then avoid certain oils (vaguely I seem to recall that lavender isn't advised) and will tailor the treatement to suit you.

Let us know how you get on.

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE