You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "dizzyduck" started this thread

Reg: Apr 23rd 2007

Sunday, September 13th 2009, 6:16pm

Achy lower tum

Hi all
I know there have been a few threads similar to this but I am feeling a bit worried. For the last couple of days, I have had an achy, almost AFy type feeling low down in my tummy. I am 19 weeks so its another week til my next scan. I haven't really had these before, just a day here and there and it went away. I do have a very achy lower back too especially when trying to haul myself back up after sitting or lying.
I haven't felt any movement yet I don't think and my bump is quite small. All was well at 16 weeks and 5 days.
Do I need to get these pains checked out or is it normal? I've read about round ligament pain but I'm not sure what that should feel like. I feel a bit silly being so worried but I'll be devastated if anything goes wrong now.
Any advice would be great.
x
dizzyduck
Me 42 DP 40
TTC 3yrs
IVF Oct 07 and Jan 08 - both poor response & converted to IUI - BFN
May 08, Aug 08 and Oct 08 natural :BFP: m/c at 6, ,5 and 9 weeks :sadface:
May 09 another shock natural :BFP: Perfect little boy born 12 feb 2010.

Reg: Jul 3rd 2007

Children: Apr 2009- Suprise Natural BFP!!!

Sunday, September 13th 2009, 6:31pm

Hey Dizzyduck,

I had similar feeling to what you describe around 16-18 weeks and sharp pains (a bit like pulling a muscle) Turned out to be nothing- Dr diagnosed possible water infection and gave me Antibiotics but when my urine test came back negative I stopped taking them.

I'm sure it will amount to nothing but I know how much I worried so I would always say get them checked.

Best wishes,

Dilly xxx
[/align]

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Sunday, September 13th 2009, 8:13pm

If it helps you worry less (tho, of course talk to your midwife about it), I've been having this for weeks.....
jellybean is jumping about as I type so assuming all is still well in there!

xx

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

Jodie

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Sunday, September 13th 2009, 8:34pm

Hello lovely. I know you're worried but I wouldn't think its much to worry about - probably just some stretching going on as your baby grows bigger.

HOWEVER, phone your midwife if you're concerned. If only to put your mind at rest.

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Mavis

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Sunday, September 13th 2009, 9:11pm

DizzyD,
This week for the first time I had a real heaviness/dull ache in my lower tummy region. I'd never had this feeling so strongly before. And it did worry me - it almost made me not want to move.

I found that if I lay down, the ache disappeared. And if I got up quickly, it came back with avengeance. But if I got up slowly, as if I was a 90 year old man or something, I could keep the ache at bay. Is that the same for you? ?(

I decided it was the whole ligament stretching thing. Especially as my bump seemed to grow a bit more afterwards. But always talk to your midwife if you are concerned.

M
x

My Diary
10 years, 5 cycles, and 3 beautiful children.
My family is complete :heart: :heart: :heart:

Reg: Apr 19th 2009

Children: 1 long awaited baby girl through IVF

Sunday, September 13th 2009, 9:58pm

I had something similar to this at about 17 weeks and was told by my consultant that it was all normal and nothing to worry about, but as the other girls are saying, speak to your midwife if you are worried.

x
MITZYMOO

IVF #1 - April 09 - test 25.4.09 :BFP:

bab21

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Mitzymoo" (Sep 13th 2009, 9:59pm)

Sunday, September 13th 2009, 10:27pm

Thanks for all the advice. I don't really have a midwife - I just saw one at the hospital for booking in and they said it won't always be her, so i have now changed to the community midwife at my GP but haven't had my first appointment there yet.
Mavis - this pain is a bit inconsistent - it does ache when I'm lying or sitting down but sometimes goes off a bit when I am moving about and then again sometimes it's the other way round. It's not bad enough to take a painkiller or anything and there is no blood so I'm hoping it will be OK. If it is still there tomorrow I'll send the miscarriage consultant who has been seeing me an email and see what she thinks.
It is really reassuring to hear that some of you are having the same sort of thing and its fine. I weighed myself on the wii fit today and I have gained 8 lb in the last 3 weeks so even though my bump is small I must be growing - maybe that does account for the aches as it all stretches and shifts about.
Thanks again for sharing your stories - I don't know what I'd do without you!
xx
dizzyduck
Me 42 DP 40
TTC 3yrs

Reg: Jan 31st 2009

Monday, September 14th 2009, 12:55pm

Hi DizzyD

I have had these aches on and off for weeks now and I also get lower back pain, some days worse than others, try to keep positive hon I know its so worrying, i worry about everything ALL the time so I do understand xx

BFP 19/02/09
8 week scan no heartbeat m/c wc 23.03.09

1 beautiful baby5 in heaven never to be forgotton xxx

Natural :BFP: 13/06 cannot believe it, one day at a time now... please, please stay little one x

Our Prince arrived 13/02 8lb and 6oz our family is now complete, thank you god for our miricle xx

Paris

Star

Reg: Mar 7th 2008

Tuesday, September 15th 2009, 10:49am

I had these aches too, in both my pregnancy. hope your feeling better today xx oh and on my last pregnancy around 20 weeks i was in agony, and it was roundature of the ligaments, it scared the pants off me! havent had it so bad this time, think its becasue i have no muscles! LOL xxxx
[link=http://lilypie.com][img noborder]http://lilypie.com/pic/2010/04/19/oQcy.jpg[/img][img noborder]http://lb2f.lilypie.com/u5wmp2.png[/img][/link]

Tuesday, September 15th 2009, 9:27pm

Thanks Rosebud - we're very close in dates I think so it's good to go through this together. I never stop worrying either! I did email the miscarriage consultant and she said pretty much the same as all of you and not to worry.
Paris - I do feel a bit better today as I've been to the loo a few times (TMI!) and now the pains have eased up a bit. I think as my 20 week scan approaches I'm just becoming anxious about everything again. Only 6 more days to wait until I can find out if everything is still OK.
xxx
dizzyduck
Me 42 DP 40
TTC 3yrs

Wednesday, September 16th 2009, 12:39pm

Hi all

Well I have really bad trapped wind now and the runs sorry TMI! I have IBS so I am prone to this and my mw said its not usually anything to worry about but the wind can be so painful and it stops me noticing the LO moving as much!

Hope you feeling better today DizzD and it is nice having someone around the same time, when's your due date? xx

BFP 19/02/09

Natural :BFP: 13/06 cannot believe it, one day at a time now... please, please stay little one x

Our Prince arrived 13/02 8lb and 6oz our family is now complete, thank you god for our miricle xx

Wednesday, September 16th 2009, 7:09pm

Not aching today but now I'm worried because it's stopped!! I am officially a nutter.
Due date is 8 Feb - how bout you?
dizzyduck
Me 42 DP 40
TTC 3yrs

Thursday, September 17th 2009, 12:15pm

Hi DizzyD

I know what you mean I have not felt the LO as much last couple of days and I get so worried! I am due 10.02 just after you! x

BFP 19/02/09

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE